GM Wayfinder's GD VIII Sandstone Secret (Inactive)

Game Master Eric Collins - France

Sideshow Slideshow - current information, maps, and such
Handout - info' on the Pathfinders
PFS 2E Guide


1 to 50 of 217 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

PFS 2E Guide

[PFS 2E] Quest #1A - The Sandstone Secret

A Pathfinder 2E Society Scenario designed for levels 1–4 (Subtiers 1–2 and 3–4).

When the Pathfinder Society receives word of a promising, unexplored ruin in Osirion, the PCs set out to uncover the site's secrets.
Yet upon arriving, the PCs learn that a different group of Pathfinders has already entered the ruins.
Has there been some mistake, is the site's magic playing tricks on everyone, or is there something more nefarious afoot?

Written by Linda Zayas-Palmer.

Scenario Tags: Repeatable.


PFS 2E Guide

The sandswept nation of Osirion is truly ancient. Its first pharaohs arose from the warring factions along the River Sphinx, and a succession of pharaohs ruled over the land for millennia.
This period came to an end in conquest, when the forces of Kelesh assassinated the pharaoh and brought Osirion under their rule.
But just over a century ago, Osirion regained its independence.
Under its new pharaohs, the Osiriani people have worked to preserve their cultural history and protect it from outsiders who might seek to exploit their ancient treasures.
In recent years the Osiriani policies on allowing outsiders to investigate their tombs and sites have become far more strict, following several disasters originating in opened tombs... Eando Kline of the Vigilant Seal faction could have told them so!

Last night, you all arrived at Sandswept Hall, the Pathfinder Lodge in Sothis, the capital city of Osirion.

After a night's rest, you wake to find your clothes washed and already dried under the desert sun that, even so early, burns bright.
You may wash, have water, tea, and fresh food - maybe exotic to some - for breakfast, and get to meet your fellow Pathfinders.

It is even possible to make some purchases at the local bazaar.

Venture-captain Norden Balentiir, whose summons brought you here in the first place, will see you later on, around noon.

Check out the links (in blue) above, and then it is time for introductions!

Grand Archive

CG Male human conjurer 1 | HP 16/16 Hero 1/3 Focus 1/1| AC 15 | Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +5 | Speed 25ft | Drain Bonded Familiar, Arcane Sense, Reach Spell | Active conditions: None.

Eldon cleans himself up and heads downstairs.

He is a tall man with ashen-grey skin and white hair. Eldon Dresses in Fine clothes of Blacks and Reds, and has a Tan striped cat walking around and by his side.

Sitting at a table and signaling a server, "Meal Please." he says with a slightly haughty tone.


PFS 2E Guide

The dark skinned servants, in loose-flowing robes, bring Osiriani food for the tall man.

Horizon Hunters

CN female halfling (nomadic) Ranger 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | F +7 R +8 W +4 | Perc +6 | Stealth +6 | 25ft. | Active Conditions: ---

Linna wakes up in fine Osirian cotton sheets, yawning wide and kicking her feet over the edge of the bed; she's not one to linger on the threshold of consciousness any longer than necessary when there's breakfast to be had.

She takes a little extra time to get ready this morning, strapping on her armor and throwing on her patchwork jacket--made quite clearly of a bunch of other jackets that quite clearly weren't designed with this in mind-- which is a bit oversized for her.

She steps down to the main dining area and offers a friendly grin. "Good morning, friend! Some ful, ta'meya, eggs, pita bread, and some coffee would be an excellent start to my breakfast, thank you!"


PFS 2E Guide

The servants bring Linna what she requested, rapidly, wherever she sits, near Eldon or alone.

Vigilant Seal

NG Male Goblin Barbarian 1 | HP 12/20 (0/3 rage) | AC 18 | F +7, R +4, W +5 | Perc +5 |

A ruddy-faced goblin pitters down the stairs. For whatever reason, he is in full combat attire, the most atrocious piece of which is a droopy suit of chainmail that clanks with every step and obscures everything but his head. He takes a half-second glance at Elgon's cat before noticing everyone is eating from plates of decidedly non-feline material. He sits next to Linna.

His eyes dart this way and that even as his hands fidget with a scrap of red metal. When it turns out poorly, he grabs a massive pickaxe from behind his back and dashes it to bits. At least he missed the table. Ignoring the catastrophe, he calls out to order.

"Bacon! S'much as I can get," he says. He looks over to Linna and her breakfast, which has too many colors. "Hi there. I'm Nurten. But who're you?"

Horizon Hunters

CN female halfling (nomadic) Ranger 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | F +7 R +8 W +4 | Perc +6 | Stealth +6 | 25ft. | Active Conditions: ---

The halfling hails the goblin with a wave and grins wide. "Happy to meet you, Nurten! Linna Goblinsbane-- family name, you understand-- at your service!" She reaches out a hand to shake.

As is fairly typical for adventurous halflings, Linna has her own fork and knife, albeit both look just as suited for combat as for cuisine-- a sharp, long knife in one hand and a barbecue fork that looks sturdy enough to carry the pig from living sow to pulled pork.

Vigilant Seal

NG Male Goblin Barbarian 1 | HP 12/20 (0/3 rage) | AC 18 | F +7, R +4, W +5 | Perc +5 |

Not certain what to do, Nurten extends one empty hand and one with a slice of bacon. Linna made the rookie mistake of not ordering any, so he couldn't be sure. "Family name...? Oh yeah, those. I knew a few, but they were silly, like Bloodgout or Zapface."

Horizon Hunters

CN female halfling (nomadic) Ranger 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | F +7 R +8 W +4 | Perc +6 | Stealth +6 | 25ft. | Active Conditions: ---

Linna shakes Nurten's open hand before swiping the bacon out of the other. "Zapface! As in, the Isger Zapfaces?" she asks, taking a big chomp. "Hope Ninetoes hasn't had to change his name since last time I was up that way!"


PFS 2E Guide

In the distance you hear someone barking orders:  »Yes! MORE bacon. Go fetch it now. Have them slaughter a hog for all I care... »

Vigilant Seal

NG Male Goblin Barbarian 1 | HP 12/20 (0/3 rage) | AC 18 | F +7, R +4, W +5 | Perc +5 |

Nurten shakes his head at Linna's question, a bit dejected over being outsmarted. "Never been to Isger. Heard there's a lot of goblins, though. I'm from Numeria! It's great there. Bit hot, lots of cool metal."

He looks up, thinking he might assist in slaughtering pigs. But he figures if the food is made for him, might as well sit back. "Wonder how Ninetoes lost the two?"

Horizon Hunters

CN female halfling (nomadic) Ranger 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | F +7 R +8 W +4 | Perc +6 | Stealth +6 | 25ft. | Active Conditions: ---

Linna leans back in her chair. "If her brother is to be believed, there was an incident with three pigs, a gnome, and an Alkenstar Shieldmarshal (who--coincidentally-- was also a gnome, but that's not important)," she says, gesturing with a pita before tearing off a bite.

"Numeria... that's near the River Kingdoms, right? Passed through a time or two!"


3 people marked this as a favorite.
PFS 2E Guide

The voices in the distances keep on talking: "Ridiculous, she is so small. She cannot eat that much."
"Ha! I've heard tales of Halflings. She is having breakfast, then she will have second breakfast, then third breakfast, and tensies and elevensies... and by then it is lunch!"
"No! And the other one who wants to eat three pigs?! What shall we do?"
"The Captain told us to keep them fed and happy before the meeting at noon."
"At noon, but when?! I've heard it's been delayed!"
"Delayed? By how long..."
"...two weeks."

You hear a distant THUD as though someone collapsed.

Grand Archive

NG Male Half-Orc Bard 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 18 | F +3 R +6 W +5 | Perc +5 (low-light vision) | Stealth +6 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

Somewhere between third and fourth breakfast, a new figure comes down to the dining room. It is a tall person with a black or very dark green skin wearing simple brown trousers and white shirt. On wrists, he wears armbands made of leather, in his hands he carries a drum and a flute which has some ornaments. He is armed only in a dagger but it is not uncommon to eat unarmed while staying at the Pathfinder lodge.

He looks through the room seeing a number of persons sitting. The moment he spots a Halfling and a Goblin he walks towards them. His pointy ears, the color of his skin as well as a bit bigger fangs indicate that his ancestry is a bit closer to Orcs than most other humans. He stands and smiling with his white teeth says:

"My name is Xun Saburo and I come from the deep jungles of Mwangi. I was fortunate enough to get my first assignment among all others with Master Nosepicker and Mistress Lucky Linna. Am I assuming correctly that you are the ones?"

As he waits for an answer he raises his hand calling a staff member and asks politely for breakfast sitting at the table with never fed pathfinders.

Horizon Hunters

CN female halfling (nomadic) Ranger 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | F +7 R +8 W +4 | Perc +6 | Stealth +6 | 25ft. | Active Conditions: ---

Linna wipes her hand on a kerchief before shaking Xun's. "Pleased ta meetcha! Thought you might be here to play us a melody while we ate-- which would be appreciated, mind-- but that seemed a little over-the-top! Feel free to put your instruments down, the food here's great and it just keeps coming!"


PFS 2E Guide

The servants look at one another, whispering: - "Does he want food, or is he just asking for more cutlery to eat the other two small ones?
- I have no idea what Orcs eat?"

They break out of their hesitation, and bring more food to the table, including various cold meats and some beer.

Grand Archive

NG Male Half-Orc Bard 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 18 | F +3 R +6 W +5 | Perc +5 (low-light vision) | Stealth +6 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

"You are very nice Mistress Linna, let me join you at your meal then. If we have some time afterward I can entertain you by playing an instrument and weave a tale about a team of adventurers crossing the deadly swamps somewhere within Mwangi."

He quickly grabs a plate and picks some bits and pieces of food eating them with his hands not bothering with cutlery.

"How was your trip here? I was supposed to come here via Sphinx River but the ship that I traveled on to hit some rocks and I had to cross a part of the desert on a camel with a group of merchants. I nearly missed the meeting with the Venture-Captain just to learn that we still have a bit of time before it begins. "

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN female halfling (nomadic) Ranger 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | F +7 R +8 W +4 | Perc +6 | Stealth +6 | 25ft. | Active Conditions: ---

Linna grins. "It's always when you rush to get there on time that the whole thing ends up delayed," she quips. "My journey was much less eventful. Hitched a ride with a human caravan-- they're always happy to have a halfling on board, and I'm always happy that they're crap at dice!"

Vigilant Seal

NG Male Goblin Barbarian 1 | HP 12/20 (0/3 rage) | AC 18 | F +7, R +4, W +5 | Perc +5 |

"Always good to see another greeny!" Nurten smiles heartily. "You went down Sphinx River, you said...? Yeah, I think that was where I went. Took a big boat from Absalom, with some other Pathfinders and a bunch more. Glad to be anywhere but there!"


PFS 2E Guide

As the servants bring more food, and you relax and talk in the nice room overlooking the garden, you do see that the sun is getting higher in the sky.

It is probably time to finish up, and go clean up a little for the upcoming meeting.

Vigilant Seal

Neutral Good (Male) Human (Versatile) Alchemist 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 15 | F +5 R +7 W +4 | Perc +4 | Stealth +2 | Speed 25| focus 0/0 | Spells N/A | Active Conditions: ---

A tall man dressed in white expensive garments enters the room. Small glasses rest atop his nose and accentuate his rough features. He looks like someone who has seen stuff he'd rather forget about.

He gives a quick glance upon the clients and starts walking towards the group as soon as he spots them. Before taking a seat, he smiles and extends his hand towards each of them, awaiting for a handshake.

Milosh Vandrezzi, at your service. I understand we're working together, right? May I have a seat with you to enjoy breakfast?

Vigilant Seal

NG Male Goblin Barbarian 1 | HP 12/20 (0/3 rage) | AC 18 | F +7, R +4, W +5 | Perc +5 |

Nurten returns the handshake, without any bacon this time. "C'mon, sure! Nurten here. Better hurry, though, I think we're being called up soon."


PFS 2E Guide

The servants sigh and whisper amongst one another: "ANOTHER one?! Come on! How many will it be?! This is never-ending!"
But they bring it out more food and fresh tea and water.

Vigilant Seal

Neutral Good (Male) Human (Versatile) Alchemist 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 15 | F +5 R +7 W +4 | Perc +4 | Stealth +2 | Speed 25| focus 0/0 | Spells N/A | Active Conditions: ---

Milosh decides not to take a seat, he looks at the group of adventurers with concern. His stern facial features turn into more of a fatherly expression.

My apologies Sir Nurten, it seems I might have arrived too late to the breakfast, I'm usually not the impunctual kind. I understand we have some important business to attend.


PFS 2E Guide

It is now noon, time to finish breakfast, even for the Halflings and to head to your meeting.

You pass one of the two aqueduct-fed pools just outside the garden, from which fresh water is drawn, and make your way into the gardens housed inside the walls of the Sandswept Hall lodge.
You see they are designed to be a place of tranquillity amidst the bustle of the city of Sothis, and they are quiet indeed.
You admire the fine date palms, sycamores, and tamaris, as well as a variety of grapevines and hanging plants that grow on latticework, providing fine shade, which is a welcome respite from the sweltering midday sun.

Now you see Venture-captain Norden Balentiir.
He reaches up to one of the date palms overhead, pulling down a bunch of ripe fruit to share with you, gesturing for all to join him on cushions around the low table.
”They’re good for much more than shade, my friends,” he says, nodding towards the trees.
”But I did not call you here to enjoy my garden.
A few months ago, I finally received confirmation that we would be able to execute one of the last excavation permits issued by the Osiriani government.
The site is a desert location where the dunes have shifted, revealing the beginnings of a staircase leading down beneath the sands.
The Osiriani government is protective of its cultural history, and with recent changes in their stance on allowing foreign archaeologists to work inside their borders, I wasn’t sure this permit would even stand.
The bureaucracy was rather slow this time around, but it turns out we were approved before they stopped issuing permits.
I’ve already secured your provisions, including camels, tents, food, water, tools to perform the excavation, and a map to the site.
As you know, it may take many weeks to clear the site of debris.”

He stares at each one of you, for a few seconds, making sure you are listening: ”The desert can be unforgiving, so don’t hesitate to return here to rest as needed.”
Then he smiles, and bites into another date.
”The government has already sent guards to oversee the site and protect against any potential
thieves.
Remember—keeping up a good reputation in Osirion is vital to the Pathfinder Society’s continued presence here.
Don’t antagonize the guards.”

Once again he looks at you, an eyebrow raised…

Grand Archive

NG Male Half-Orc Bard 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 18 | F +3 R +6 W +5 | Perc +5 (low-light vision) | Stealth +6 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

Xun follows the rest playing few tunes on his flute as he walks. He nods politely to Venture-captain and listens to the information that he shares.

"Are there any ideas what this site could be? A tomb? A temple? Any local legends on what should be there?"

Vigilant Seal

NG Male Goblin Barbarian 1 | HP 12/20 (0/3 rage) | AC 18 | F +7, R +4, W +5 | Perc +5 |

Nurten looks worried at the prospect of the mission, but perks up quickly. He downs a fruit before speaking. "Oh, that's good! I thought this'd be something really complicated. But I hauled scrap around all the time back home! Carefully, of course," he amends.

"Define antagonize, though. Really, not sure what it means. And a lot of folk still don't like goblins..."


PFS 2E Guide

Norden Balentiir looks at Xun: "We have no idea, and that is what should be so exciting for you! The shifting winds revealed only the top portion of a staircase... you will have to dig your way down to discover what lies beyond, which remains a total mystery! A tomb, a temple, a wine cellar... No, there are so many local legends, it could be anything. I only hope it is something great, and that you will be the local legends!"

Turning towards Nurten, the Venture-captain adds: "If the guards are not professional, that is not your fault, and I will have them chastized. If you start tossing scrap - or worse - at them, or disobeying their rules... then you'd be antagonizing them. But I'm happy you like to use a shovel..."

Horizon Hunters

CN female halfling (nomadic) Ranger 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | F +7 R +8 W +4 | Perc +6 | Stealth +6 | 25ft. | Active Conditions: ---

Linna, happy to have a snack after her light breakfast, eagerly accepts a date from Norden.

"So we're going to be the initial scouting party, then, in addition to whatever else we need to do?" she asks around a mouthful of fruit.

Vigilant Seal

Neutral Good (Male) Human (Versatile) Alchemist 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 15 | F +5 R +7 W +4 | Perc +4 | Stealth +2 | Speed 25| focus 0/0 | Spells N/A | Active Conditions: ---

Milosh scratches his chin, looking dissatisfied at Norden's attitude towards the dig site.

I wouldn't exactly call it something "exciting" sir. Osirian dig sites have a perchant of containing horrible curses and dangerous artifacts within. If any, we should reinforce the security and act with utmost precaution.

He turns to glance over the group of adventurers, concerned.

I hope you agree with me.

Horizon Hunters

CN female halfling (nomadic) Ranger 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | F +7 R +8 W +4 | Perc +6 | Stealth +6 | 25ft. | Active Conditions: ---

Linna shrugs. "S'why I'm not going first," she says.


PFS 2E Guide

The Venture-captain smiles at Linna: "Yes! The initial scouts, the first diggers, the prime discoverers--", before frowning slightly at Milosh:
"--Artefacts are not dangerous if carefully handled, and curse the curses! I am sure you will all be safe and careful!"

Horizon Hunters

Male Human (Linnorm Kings) Ranger 2

Having missed breakfast due to a rather unfortunately timed hangover, Vargir has been mostly quiet through the meeting, sipping cold water and debating whether to eat any of the offered fruit. Despite the obviously worse for wear state, the large Ulfen warrior still seems rather alert in their rough Scale armour and natural wool undertunic, already showing patches of sweat from the desert's heat. Resting on the floor beside their chair is a horned Iron helmet, clearly designed with a hope to intimidate their foes. Intricate indigo tattoos cover their bare pale arms and their hands are wrapped in linen clearly torn from wielding a blade.

"I'm not sure who's idea of a joke it was to send an Ulfen warrior to Osirion but I admit it was played well." they grumble softly in a thick accent, though it seems more good natured than sour. "I shall enjoy the challenge I think. Don't worry, I have no qualms about stalking forwards and being first Miss." The last comment directed towards Linna with a smile.

Vigilant Seal

NG Male Goblin Barbarian 1 | HP 12/20 (0/3 rage) | AC 18 | F +7, R +4, W +5 | Perc +5 |

"Sounds interesting. New and old! I'll stick closer to the front too, I take a few punches."


PFS 2E Guide

The Venture-captain looks around at you, and hands out some leaflets.

You may wish to purchase items before leaving for the desert, and you know that Sothis is a thriving port, and you can find any items you have access to in this city's bazaar.

Grand Archive

NG Male Half-Orc Bard 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 18 | F +3 R +6 W +5 | Perc +5 (low-light vision) | Stealth +6 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

Xun listens to the answers given and looks with interest at Vargir who is the first Ullfen that Xun had an opportunity to see.

"I hope it will be a mission that I would be able to commemorate with a song or a story. If this will be a shoveling job I will be disappointed. "

He the party disappears Xun goes to the market to buy 4 throwing darts. When he got them, he spends some time attacking them to the sides of his drum. Then he shows up on the meeting point to leave on the camel trail towards the dig site.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human (Linnorm Kings) Ranger 2

Bidding the Venture Captain farewell, Vargir decides to leave their heavy Warg pelt at the Society's Lodge before heading into town to buy some more fitting clothing for the expedition. Showing up later to the group's prearranged meeting point, the Ulfen is now dressed in a much lighter Tunic of yellow linen with flowing brown trousers over their sturdy boots. They also now where a hood with a loose scarf draped around their neck, ready to cover their mouth in case of Sandstorms.

"Right then! Who's up for a trek through the harsh desert? I hope you have enough water to make the trip." he says before taking a swig and washing it around his mouth before swallowing.

Vigilant Seal

NG Male Goblin Barbarian 1 | HP 12/20 (0/3 rage) | AC 18 | F +7, R +4, W +5 | Perc +5 |

Nurten doesn't do much to change for the impending desert trek. He still wears his chainmail, which should leave one sweating enough to fill a camel. He doesn't seem to mind much, if at all; at least not enough to remove it. He now bears a scrap of leather just shy of being a hat, and a fan. Neither have much effect.

"Ready! Nurten's got all sorts of food, water, some ale, bug juice. What sorta tattoos are those, how do I get some?"


PFS 2E Guide

Having purchased what you want, or need, the group gets ready to depart.

Balentiir was good to his word, and he truly secured enough provisions, including tents, a lot of food, more water, and the tools to perform the excavation, as well as a map to the site that you got along with the permit.
All the goods are on camels, so you will not have to carry heavy loads.

Once all the preparations and last purchases are done, you set off in the early afternoon, walking alongside the pack-camels, or trying to ride them if you feel comfortable doing so.

Soon, you have left Sothis, and head off into the desert dunes.

But it is exceedingly uncomfortable, and you soon realize that traveling during the hottest part of the day is not the best of ideas.
After about an hour of traveling, you already are in pain--
All take 2 Fire damage
--and you keep on trekking, hoping things will get better, but they do not, not really.
All take 1 Fire damage

So you decide to stop for a while, to rest, heal up... and wait for a cooler time.
You decide to travel near dusk, and then dawn the next day, and keep on doing this for the next days, in order to take shelter from the midday sun.

Doing this, and drinking plenty of water, while bundling up at night, you manage to navigate with the map, and the rest of the journey is fine.
After a week, you arrive in view of the archaeological site in the late morning.

You look to what you see in the distance--
Perception checks if you wish
(and please tell me if you do anything special during the trek)

GM Rolls:
Heat: 1d6 ⇒ 21d6 ⇒ 1

Vigilant Seal

NG Male Goblin Barbarian 1 | HP 12/20 (0/3 rage) | AC 18 | F +7, R +4, W +5 | Perc +5 |

Nurten leads the way, filling the air with mostly inane chatter. He chafes at the heat, if only a little, but still seems to prefer it over the sudden cold at night.

Charhide'll reduce that damage, though it's already done with.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Grand Archive

NG Male Half-Orc Bard 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 18 | F +3 R +6 W +5 | Perc +5 (low-light vision) | Stealth +6 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

Xun follows the team, clearly he is accustomed to heat but not to deserts and walking on the sand causes him troubles. During the day he is mostly quiet, yet at night he weave tales of heroes of south and their interactions with Loas, powerful spirits that live in the deep of
the jungles.

Every now and then, when you look in the fire you can see a crude imitation of heroes that fight with foes. You soon notice that Xun uses similar rhythm and melodies when presenting heros fighting.

Performance: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Beside making the afternoons more entertaining, Xun creates a correlation between his compositions and inspiring allies to do great deeds


PFS 2E Guide

Indeed, the intense bothers Nurten a lot less than the others, nothing getting in the way of his nose picking.

After a week of walking when the sun is down or not up yet, and feeling driven by Xun's performance - or slightly afraid of his Loa -, as you know you are approaching, Nurten suddenly spots something, and points ahead.

You all see some ruins, and it is quite obvious it is more than sand that has been blown away.
Real excavation work is going on, and the ruin’s entrance has already been cleared up.
It is hard to see exactly what has been done, because what you imagine to be the staircase leading down is hidden by a canvas fence, probably secured around the staircase and entrance in order to keep the sand away from the opening...
But you see tools: shovels, picks, piles of wooden beams, coils of rope...

In front of the entrance, which is a slit in the canvas fence, a guard sits under a tarp.
She has dark skin, and though in the shade, is outfitted in ornate scale mail, actually has a pointed helm on her head, and long pieces of beautiful green cloth wrapped around her.

To the side, under some other tarps, four camels are lying down, munching away.
While two people - probably guards, seeing the lances stuck in the sand beside them - seem to be napping in the shade.

As you approach, you all hear some distant melody, and soon realize the sitting guard is humming to herself... ♪♩♪♪♩

For those who understand Osiriani:
He had large eyes
Somewhat like lightning in the sky
He was covered in tattoos
I don't know his name, I don't know anything about him
Yet he loved me all night long...

Grand Archive

NG Male Half-Orc Bard 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 18 | F +3 R +6 W +5 | Perc +5 (low-light vision) | Stealth +6 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

Xun doesn't speak Osiriani but he does know music, hearing a song being sung he reaches for his flute. He begins a silent melody to augumemt the song. For now the performance is more important then anything else

performance : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN female halfling (nomadic) Ranger 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | F +7 R +8 W +4 | Perc +6 | Stealth +6 | 25ft. | Active Conditions: ---

Linna finds herself sunburnt and sweaty after the first day's trek, but the rest of the journey, she is glad that the rest of the group does not insist on forging ahead in the heat.

Would we have healed that damage over the course of the rest of the journey?

She spends much of the rest of the journey bragging about felled foes (surprisingly none of which are goblinoid, Ulfen, or half-orcs) and dicing with anyone that will join her at a little makeshift table while they're not moving.

As they approach the dig site, Linna straightens on her humpback. "Think they'll be happy to see us?" she asks.


PFS 2E Guide

Yes, as written, you heal up (after the first night)

The singing guard seems happy to hear a nice melody...

Vigilant Seal

Neutral Good (Male) Human (Versatile) Alchemist 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 15 | F +5 R +7 W +4 | Perc +4 | Stealth +2 | Speed 25| focus 0/0 | Spells N/A | Active Conditions: ---

Milosh smiles slightly. He doesn't understand Osirani either, but as the guard, find himself enjoying the melody.

We might not speak the same language, but the way music speaks to us all is universal. Any of you is willing to serve as an interpreter? I do not understand their language, else, I'd be very interested in fulfilling that role.


PFS 2E Guide

So, as you sing, and move closer... do you decide to go tie up your camels with the others?
Do you wish to talk to the guard who is on duty?
Or have you some other plan in mind?
You are tired after a week's journey, and some shade and rest would be nice.
Also, you are curious as to what you will discover here...

Horizon Hunters

CN female halfling (nomadic) Ranger 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | F +7 R +8 W +4 | Perc +6 | Stealth +6 | 25ft. | Active Conditions: ---

Linna directs her camel to approach; no reason getting off of it until they know they're clear.

"Good morning, ma'am! Do you speak Common, by chance? Sprechen ze Halfling? Parlez-vous Gnomish? Tian, perhaps?"


PFS 2E Guide

The woman is a dark skinned lady, with a helmet, scale armor, and a dark green scarf.
She eyes Linna, but seems uninterested.
She looks over the males in the group.
"Greetings, as you see, I do speak common, ma'am. I am Officer Elrekah. In charge of guarding the site."

The three other guards open their eyes, and put a lazy hand on their pole-arms.

"Who may you be, and how may we help you?"

1 to 50 of 217 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Wayfinder's GD VIII Sandstone Secret All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.