Hellknight Hill: The Lost Ring

Game Master Joana

Hero Points: Ren * Jonagher * Ragna 0 Shaserai *


151 to 200 of 240 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

CG Male human (half-elf) rogue (thief) 1
Vitals:
AC 18 | HP: 16/16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +9, Will: +6 | Perception: +6

Jonagher vaults down the remaining steps from the balcony. With the shouts of "Water!" nearby, he hurries to take a bucket from one of the arriving citizens, figuring he knows how and where to best put it to use. "Keep the buckets coming!" he tells the man, "And form a line to keep passing them up to the stage!"

He then shoulders his way through the oncoming evacuees, taking a deep breath to keep from breathing in the smoke. "Coming through!" he announces, moving up the aisle and towards Ragna's makeshift ramp.

Jonagher Strides, Gets A Bucket, and Strides.


Jonagher hurries down the steps to grab a bucket and heads toward the conflagration.

Jonagher Strides, Interacts & Strides

Round 4 init: Shaserai, Jonagher, Ren, fire, Ragna, citizens, Abigail

4/5 children off stage
4/14 panicked spectators evacuated

Updated map link

The pink triangle indicates someone who is on the elevated stage (right now, 1 child and Ragna). The red dot indicates panicked spectators. Unable to save themselves, they will require PCs to expend actions to direct them. It will take two actions to a) get the attention of a panicking spectator within 50 feet and b) persuade them to evacuate. Note that the children, under their pink triangles, are also panicked and will require direction to get down the slide.

Buckets of water are available for anyone who wants to fetch them in O3 & O17. Each full bucket will douse one 10 x 10 area of fire, if thrown with an Interact action from an adjacent square.

Smoke is now becoming a hazard. Using an Interact action to dip a handkerchief or strip or cloth in water and tie it over your nose and mouth will halve the damage. Exiting the rotunda for a breath of fresh air will prevent any damage that round. The encounter text encourages "other creative solutions."


Male Human (Skilled) Wizard (Universalist) 1; HP 15/15; FP 1/1; AC 15; Fort (T) +4, Ref (T) +5, Will (E) +6; Perception (T) +4

Is there a window or something that could be broken and maybe let some of that smoke out, making the air a little more breathable perhaps? And if there is, what would it take to smash it with Ren's staff via the hand of the apprentice focus spell?


There are no windows in the rotunda, only the two pairs of doors in the back of the room.


Male Human (Skilled) Wizard (Universalist) 1; HP 15/15; FP 1/1; AC 15; Fort (T) +4, Ref (T) +5, Will (E) +6; Perception (T) +4

As soon as the smoke becomes more of a hazard instead of merely an inconvenience Irenaeus tries to hold his breath, using his left hand and fingers to keep his nose and mouth closed. Finding no reason to remain on the chair any longer, the Chelish mage steps back down on the floor and grabs the shoulder of the woman closest to him with his right hand, getting her attention. As soon as she looks at him he then points towards the closest exit as urgently as possible without opening his mouth and actually speaking and then takes a few steps away from the fire just in case.

Holding breath and trying to evacuate the person in I7 before he himself moves towards J8 in order to help with the spectators there.


Holding his breath, Ren points a woman toward the exit before approaching some of the frantic children and parents.

Ren Interacts, Interacts & Strides
Fire spreads

Round 4 init: Shaserai, Jonagher, Ren, fire, Ragna, citizens, Abigail

4/5 children off stage
5/14 panicked spectators evacuated

Updated map link

The pink triangle indicates someone who is on the elevated stage (right now, 1 child and Ragna). The red dot indicates panicked spectators. Unable to save themselves, they will require PCs to expend actions to direct them. It will take two actions to a) get the attention of a panicking spectator within 50 feet and b) persuade them to evacuate. Note that the children, under their pink triangles, are also panicked and will require direction to get down the slide.

Buckets of water are available for anyone who wants to fetch them in O3 & O17. Each full bucket will douse one 10 x 10 area of fire, if thrown with an Interact action from an adjacent square.

Smoke is now becoming a hazard. Using an Interact action to dip a handkerchief or strip or cloth in water and tie it over your nose and mouth will halve the damage. Exiting the rotunda for a breath of fresh air will prevent any damage that round. You can hold your breath for a number of rounds equal to 5 + your Constitution modifier, but then you have to be adjacent to a panicking spectator to direct them to evacuate. The encounter text encourages "other creative solutions."


With smoke burning her throat and eyes, Ragna hoists the remaining child and dashes for the entrance, navigating the makeshift ramp as gracefully as she can, all things considered.

Action to pick up the child, stride twice towards the doors. Not sure what kind of movement penalty carrying/the table will cause. It looks like steep slopes are an athletics check, so I'll make one if it's needed.

Athletics(T): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Ragna grabs the last child and heads for the top of the tilted table. It's a quick ride that ends with a jarring thud, but it gets the job done.

Jorsk Hinterclaw re-emerges from the eastern doorway, coughing. "Get out! Get out!" he urges the remaining citizens, as he snatches up a squalling child to carry out.

Greta Gardania rushes halfway up the western aisle and encourages a panicking woman.

The bucket brigader Jonagher shouted at takes a moment to tie a wet handkerchief over his nose and mouth and tells those behind him to do the same. Once masked, they advance further into the smoke-filled room.

Ragna Interacts, Strides & Strides: 1d6 ⇒ 2 smoke inhalation damage

Round 4 init: Shaserai, Jonagher (holding breath), Ren (holding breath), fire, Ragna, citizens, Abigail

5/5 children off stage
6/14 panicked spectators evacuated

Updated map link

The red dot indicates panicked spectators. Unable to save themselves, they will require PCs to expend actions to direct them. It will take two actions to a) get the attention of a panicking spectator within 50 feet and b) persuade them to evacuate.

Jorsk Hinterclaw is presently carrying one panicking child, and Ragna has another. They can be physically carried out without taking any actions to calm them or put down as a free action and then instructed to evacuate themselves with two actions, as usual.

Buckets of water are available for anyone who wants to fetch them in O3 & K14. Each full bucket will douse one 10 x 10 area of fire, if thrown with an Interact action from an adjacent square.

Smoke is now becoming a hazard. Using an Interact action to dip a handkerchief or strip or cloth in water and tie it over your nose and mouth will halve the damage. (You need to be carrying or adjacent to a bucket of water first.) Exiting the rotunda for a breath of fresh air will prevent any damage that round. You can hold your breath for a number of rounds equal to 5 + your Constitution modifier, but then you have to be adjacent to a panicking spectator to direct them to evacuate.


Abigail notices the smoke accumulating and, glad to watch the last of the children off the stage, takes a deep breath before rushing to the nearest townsfolk. Once there, she taps on his shoulders and directs him towards the exit.

Holding breath, moving, then two actions to get a person to get out.


Abigail holds her breath to avoid the noxious fumes. She puts her hand on a mother's shoulder and urges her to evacuate with expressive gestures.

Abigail Interacts & Interacts

Round 5 init: Shaserai, Jonagher (holding breath), Ren (holding breath), fire, Ragna, citizens, Abigail (holding breath)

5/5 children off stage
7/14 panicked spectators evacuated

Updated map link

The red dot indicates panicked spectators. Unable to save themselves, they will require PCs to expend actions to direct them. It will take two actions to a) get the attention of a panicking spectator within 50 feet and b) persuade them to evacuate.

Jorsk Hinterclaw is presently carrying one panicking child, and Ragna has another. They can be physically carried out without taking any actions to calm them or put down as a free action and then instructed to evacuate themselves with two actions, as usual.

Buckets of water are available for anyone who wants to fetch them in O3 & K14. Each full bucket will douse one 10 x 10 area of fire, if thrown with an Interact action from an adjacent square.

Smoke is now a hazard. Using an Interact action to dip a handkerchief or strip or cloth in water and tie it over your nose and mouth will halve the damage. (You need to be carrying or adjacent to a bucket of water first.) Exiting the rotunda for a breath of fresh air will prevent any damage that round. You can hold your breath for a number of rounds equal to 5 + your Constitution modifier, but then you have to be adjacent to a panicking spectator to direct them to evacuate.


Male Elf (seer elf) Cloistered Cleric 1; HP 10/14; FP 1/1; AC 14; Fort (T) +3, Ref (T) +4, Will (E) +9; Perception (T) +7

Shaserai feels the burning smoke as it enters his lungs "This isn't going to be easy". He tries to expel it and not breath anymore as he runs to grab a bucket of water form the brigade and back to foot of the stage.

Shaserai holds his breath, strides to K13, grabs a bucket (i presume it's an interact action) and strides back to H9


CG Male human (half-elf) rogue (thief) 1
Vitals:
AC 18 | HP: 16/16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +9, Will: +6 | Perception: +6

Still holding his breath, Jonagher carries his bucket of water up ramp and to the nearest blaze. He slings the water in a wide arc, hoping to douse as much of the flame as possible. Then, he turns and retreats to the nearest bucket holder among the brigade, reaching for another, determined to save the rotunda.

Jonagher Strides, Interacts, and Strides


Shaserai runs for a bucket and returns.

Jonagher carries his bucket to the verge of the fire and tosses the water in it into the conflagration. With a crackle and a hiss, the fire in the doorway is doused.

Shaserai Strides, Interacts & Strides
Jonagher Strides, Strides & Interacts

Round 5 init: Shaserai (holding breath, Jonagher (holding breath round 2), Ren (holding breath), fire, Ragna, citizens, Abigail (holding breath)

5/5 children off stage
7/14 panicked spectators evacuated
4/19 squares of fire extinguished

Updated map link

The red dot indicates panicked spectators. Unable to save themselves, they will require PCs to expend actions to direct them. It will take two actions to a) get the attention of a panicking spectator within 50 feet and b) persuade them to evacuate.

Jorsk Hinterclaw is presently carrying one panicking child, and Ragna has another. They can be physically carried out without taking any actions to calm them or put down as a free action and then instructed to evacuate themselves with two actions, as usual.

Buckets of water are available for anyone who wants to fetch them in O3 & K14. Each full bucket will douse one 10 x 10 area of fire, if thrown with an Interact action from an adjacent square.

Smoke is now a hazard. Using an Interact action to dip a handkerchief or strip or cloth in water and tie it over your nose and mouth will halve the damage. (You need to be carrying or adjacent to a bucket of water first.) Exiting the rotunda for a breath of fresh air will prevent any damage that round. You can hold your breath for a number of rounds equal to 5 + your Constitution modifier, but then you have to be adjacent to a panicking spectator to direct them to evacuate.

Jonagher, you couldn't get to the fire with a single Stride action. (Climbing up the steep ramp would be an Athletics check which would require its own separate action.) I moved you to what I believe is the nearest space from which you could extinguish the fire.


Male Human (Skilled) Wizard (Universalist) 1; HP 15/15; FP 1/1; AC 15; Fort (T) +4, Ref (T) +5, Will (E) +6; Perception (T) +4

Still holding his breath and thus unable to speak Irenaeus moves around the seats to get closer to one of the women cowering in them. Reaching over the seat's back he taps her on the should and with what he hopes is a reassuring expression points her urgently towards one of the exits.

Moving to K11 and interacting with the woman at J11.


Ren wades in among the scattered and upturned chairs, reaching over a seatback to direct a panicked mother toward the exits.

The fire in the corridor spreads, now creeping through the eastern door.

Ren Strides, Interacts & Interacts
Fire spreads

Round 5 init: Shaserai (holding breath, Jonagher (holding breath round 2), Ren (holding breath), fire, Ragna, citizens, Abigail (holding breath round 2)

5/5 children off stage
7/14 panicked spectators evacuated
4/22 squares of fire extinguished

Updated map link

The red dot indicates panicked spectators. Unable to save themselves, they will require PCs to expend actions to direct them. It will take two actions to a) get the attention of a panicking spectator within 50 feet and b) persuade them to evacuate.

Jorsk Hinterclaw is presently carrying one panicking child, and Ragna has another. They can be physically carried out without taking any actions to calm them or put down as a free action and then instructed to evacuate themselves with two actions, as usual.

Buckets of water are available for anyone who wants to fetch them in O3 & K14. Each full bucket will douse one 10 x 10 area of fire, if thrown with an Interact action from an adjacent square.

Smoke is now a hazard. Using an Interact action to dip a handkerchief or strip or cloth in water and tie it over your nose and mouth will halve the damage. (You need to be carrying or adjacent to a bucket of water first.) Exiting the rotunda for a breath of fresh air will prevent any damage that round. You can hold your breath for a number of rounds equal to 5 + your Constitution modifier, but then you have to be adjacent to a panicking spectator to direct them to evacuate.


Not wanting the child to be overrun in the panic, Ragna carries them to the exit and sets them down, taking the opportunity to grab a clean lungful of air.

Stride thrice to the exit. I think it’s 55’ moving diagonally.


Ragna pushes out the door with the child, dropping it outside in safety while filling her grateful lungs with clean air.

A few of the straggling citizens make it out the door as well, but a child and a woman near the stage, choking through their sobs, collapse into unconsciousness!

Ragna Strides x3

Round 5 init: Shaserai (holding breath), Jonagher (holding breath round 2), Ren (holding breath round 2), fire, Ragna, citizens, Abigail (holding breath round 2)

5/5 children off stage
9/14 panicked spectators evacuated
4/26 squares of fire extinguished

Updated map link

The red dot indicates panicked spectators. Unable to save themselves, they will require PCs to expend actions to direct them. It will take two actions to a) get the attention of a panicking spectator within 50 feet and b) persuade them to evacuate. The red circle indicates people who have been incapacitated by smoke. To save their lives, they must be physically carried out of the building.

Buckets of water are available for anyone who wants to fetch them in O3 & K14. Each full bucket will douse one 10 x 10 area of fire, if thrown with an Interact action from an adjacent square.

Smoke is a hazard. Using an Interact action to dip a handkerchief or strip or cloth in water and tie it over your nose and mouth will halve the damage. (You need to be carrying or adjacent to a bucket of water first.) Exiting the rotunda for a breath of fresh air will prevent any damage that round. You can hold your breath for a number of rounds equal to 5 + your Constitution modifier, but then you have to be adjacent to a panicking spectator to direct them to evacuate.


Abigail runs to the next person and points and shoves the person towards the exit.

Move, then two actions to convince. Still holding breath, round 2.


Male Elf (seer elf) Cloistered Cleric 1; HP 10/14; FP 1/1; AC 14; Fort (T) +3, Ref (T) +4, Will (E) +9; Perception (T) +7

Shaserai sees the fire peeking through the Eastern door, so he goes towards it and throws the water in the bucket on it. Still holding his breath, he then hurries to the unconscious woman, intending to get her out of the rotunda.

Stride to F12, Interact to douse the fire and Stride to J12


CG Male human (half-elf) rogue (thief) 1
Vitals:
AC 18 | HP: 16/16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +9, Will: +6 | Perception: +6

Starting to feel the need to take a gulp of air but valiantly resisting it, Jonagher returns with his empty bucket to the edge of the stage. The unconscious child draws his immediate attention as he sees Shaserai attempting to get the mother out of the smoke. The half-elf quickly slides down the makeshift ramp and scurries to do the same for the little one. Lifting the child in his arms, he follows after Shaserai towards the exit.

Jonagher Strides, Interacts, and Strides?


Abigail runs for an elderly man who has stumbled in the aisle, but the bucket brigade is in her way; it takes a moment before the silent woman can attract his attention.

Shaserai flings his bucket of water through the doorway, dousing the flames, then heads back toward the stricken woman.

Jonagher picks up the unconscious child and heads for the exit.

Abigail Strides, Strides & Interacts
Shaserai Strides, Interacts & Strides
Jonagher Strides, Interacts & Strides

Round 6 init: Shaserai (holding breath round 2), Jonagher (holding breath round 3), Ren (holding breath round 2), fire, Ragna, citizens, Abigail (holding breath round 3)

5/5 children off stage
9/14 panicked spectators evacuated
7/22 squares of fire extinguished

Updated map link

The red dot indicates panicked spectators. Unable to save themselves, they will require PCs to expend actions to direct them. It will take two actions to a) get the attention of a panicking spectator within 50 feet and b) persuade them to evacuate. The red circle indicates people who have been incapacitated by smoke. To save their lives, they must be physically carried out of the building.

Buckets of water are available for anyone who wants to fetch them in O3 & K14. Each full bucket will douse one 10 x 10 area of fire, if thrown with an Interact action from an adjacent square.

Smoke is a hazard. Using an Interact action to dip a handkerchief or strip or cloth in water and tie it over your nose and mouth will halve the damage. (You need to be carrying or adjacent to a bucket of water first.) Exiting the rotunda for a breath of fresh air will prevent any damage that round. You can hold your breath for a number of rounds equal to 5 + your Constitution modifier, but then you have to be adjacent to a panicking spectator to direct them to evacuate.

Abigail, you can't quite get adjacent to a panicked spectator with a single Stride; it will take another Interact next round to direct him out of the rotunda.


Male Human (Skilled) Wizard (Universalist) 1; HP 15/15; FP 1/1; AC 15; Fort (T) +4, Ref (T) +5, Will (E) +6; Perception (T) +4

With Shaserai apparently moving to help one of the two incapacitated women Irenaeus moves towards the other. Still holding his breath, he feels fairly confident that he will be able to, if not lift her to her feet, at least drag her towards the nearest exit.

Going to help either the woman at I12 (though I think Shaserai has her) or the woman at K13. I think the latter makes a bit more sense as she is closest to him.


Ren joins Jonagher in the aisle. Still holding his breath, he conveys to the half-elf with gestures that he'll get the woman to safety, relieves Jonagher of the burden, and carries her out into the fresh air (where he too can take advantage of a clean breath).

Ren Strides, Interacts & Strides
Fire spreads

Round 6 init: Shaserai (holding breath round 2), Jonagher (holding breath round 3), Ren, fire, Ragna, citizens, Abigail (holding breath round 3)

5/5 children off stage
10/14 panicked spectators evacuated
7/29 squares of fire extinguished

Updated map link

The red dot indicates panicked spectators. Unable to save themselves, they will require PCs to expend actions to direct them. It will take two actions to a) get the attention of a panicking spectator within 50 feet and b) persuade them to evacuate. The red circle indicates people who have been incapacitated by smoke. To save their lives, they must be physically carried out of the building.

Buckets of water are available for anyone who wants to fetch them in O3 & K14. Each full bucket will douse one 10 x 10 area of fire, if thrown with an Interact action from an adjacent square.

Smoke is a hazard. Using an Interact action to dip a handkerchief or strip or cloth in water and tie it over your nose and mouth will halve the damage. (You need to be carrying or adjacent to a bucket of water first.) Exiting the rotunda for a breath of fresh air will prevent any damage that round. You can hold your breath for a number of rounds equal to 5 + your Constitution modifier, but then you have to be adjacent to a panicking spectator to direct them to evacuate.


With a lungful of cool, clean air, Ragna returns to the auditorium and grabs a bucket of water to combat the flames directly.

Stride twice for 30’ to L14 and interact to pick up a bucket of water. Holding breath.


Taking a deep breath of fresh air, Ragna charges back into the smoky rotunda and seizes a bucket.

Another older man among the seats collapses from smoke inhalation.

Ragna Strides, Strides & Interacts

Round 6 init: Shaserai (holding breath round 2), Jonagher (holding breath round 3), Ren, fire, Ragna (holding breath), citizens, Abigail (holding breath round 3)

5/5 children off stage
10/14 panicked spectators evacuated
7/29 squares of fire extinguished

Updated map link

The red dot indicates panicked spectators. Unable to save themselves, they will require PCs to expend actions to direct them. It will take two actions to a) get the attention of a panicking spectator within 50 feet and b) persuade them to evacuate. The red circle indicates people who have been incapacitated by smoke. To save their lives, they must be physically carried out of the building.

Buckets of water are available for anyone who wants to fetch them in O3 & K14. Each full bucket will douse one 10 x 10 area of fire, if thrown with an Interact action from an adjacent square.

Smoke is a hazard. Using an Interact action to dip a handkerchief or strip or cloth in water and tie it over your nose and mouth will halve the damage. (You need to be carrying or adjacent to a bucket of water first.) Exiting the rotunda for a breath of fresh air will prevent any damage that round. You can hold your breath for a number of rounds equal to 5 + your Constitution modifier, but then you have to be adjacent to a panicking spectator to direct them to evacuate.


Still holding her breath, Abigail continues to point the man towards the exit. Once he starts to move, she dashes over to the collapsed shape in the nearby alley and starts to drag it out.


Sending the disoriented man on his way, Abigail continues down the aisle of seats and shoulders the unconscious man.

Abigail Interacts, Strides & Interacts

Round 7 init: Shaserai (holding breath round 2), Jonagher (holding breath round 3), Ren, fire, Ragna (holding breath), citizens, Abigail (holding breath round 4)

5/5 children off stage
11/14 panicked spectators evacuated
7/29 squares of fire extinguished

Updated map link

The red dot indicates panicked spectators. Unable to save themselves, they will require PCs to expend actions to direct them. It will take two actions to a) get the attention of a panicking spectator within 50 feet and b) persuade them to evacuate. The red circle indicates people who have been incapacitated by smoke. To save their lives, they must be physically carried out of the building.

Buckets of water are available for anyone who wants to fetch them in O3 & K14. Each full bucket will douse one 10 x 10 area of fire, if thrown with an Interact action from an adjacent square.

Smoke is a hazard. Using an Interact action to dip a handkerchief or strip or cloth in water and tie it over your nose and mouth will halve the damage. (You need to be carrying or adjacent to a bucket of water first.) Exiting the rotunda for a breath of fresh air will prevent any damage that round. You can hold your breath for a number of rounds equal to 5 + your Constitution modifier, but then you have to be adjacent to a panicking spectator to direct them to evacuate.


Male Elf (seer elf) Cloistered Cleric 1; HP 10/14; FP 1/1; AC 14; Fort (T) +3, Ref (T) +4, Will (E) +9; Perception (T) +7

Shaserai takes hold of the unconscious woman and with great effort carries her through the rotunda and out the door, where he coughs out the smoke he'd inhaled and takes great lungfulls of fresh air.

One interact action to pick her up, making Shaserai encumbered and two Stride actions at 20' ft. movement to reach P17


Shaserai staggers outside and lays the woman down in the fresh air. As he takes a few ragged breaths, he can see that the road outside is teeming with people, many part of the bucket brigade and others comforting children or ushering breathless evacuees away from the building.

Shaserai Interacts, Strides & Strides

Round 7 init: Shaserai, Jonagher (holding breath round 3), Ren, fire, Ragna (holding breath), citizens, Abigail (holding breath round 4)

5/5 children off stage
12/14 panicked spectators evacuated
7/29 squares of fire extinguished

Updated map link

The red dot indicates panicked spectators. Unable to save themselves, they will require PCs to expend actions to direct them. It will take two actions to a) get the attention of a panicking spectator within 50 feet and b) persuade them to evacuate. The red circle indicates people who have been incapacitated by smoke. To save their lives, they must be physically carried out of the building.

Buckets of water are available for anyone who wants to fetch them in O3 & K14. Each full bucket will douse one 10 x 10 area of fire, if thrown with an Interact action from an adjacent square.

Smoke is a hazard. Using an Interact action to dip a handkerchief or strip or cloth in water and tie it over your nose and mouth will halve the damage. (You need to be carrying or adjacent to a bucket of water first.) Exiting the rotunda for a breath of fresh air will prevent any damage that round. You can hold your breath for a number of rounds equal to 5 + your Constitution modifier, but then you have to be adjacent to a panicking spectator to direct them to evacuate.


CG Male human (half-elf) rogue (thief) 1
Vitals:
AC 18 | HP: 16/16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +9, Will: +6 | Perception: +6

Seeing people starting to succumb to smoke inhalation...and feeling his own need to get a breath of fresh air from having held his for so long...Jonagher hurries to get the attention of one of the remaining stragglers and accompanies them to the exit. Still holding his breath, he moves along the back aisle of seats, takes their hand and pulls them with him toward the door.

Jonagher Strides (to O10), Interacts, and Strides (to O16).


Jonagher hurries to a woman still shaking in the back row, pulls her from her chair, and points her toward the exit.

Jonagher Strides, Interacts & Interacts

Round 7 init: Shaserai, Jonagher (holding breath round 4), Ren, fire, Ragna (holding breath), citizens, Abigail (holding breath round 4)

5/5 children off stage
13/14 panicked spectators evacuated
7/29 squares of fire extinguished

Updated map link

The red circle indicates people who have been incapacitated by smoke. To save their lives, they must be physically carried out of the building. The only one remaining is currently being held by Abigail.

Buckets of water are available for anyone who wants to fetch them in O3 & K14. Each full bucket will douse one 10 x 10 area of fire, if thrown with an Interact action from an adjacent square.

Smoke is a hazard. Using an Interact action to dip a handkerchief or strip or cloth in water and tie it over your nose and mouth will halve the damage. (You need to be carrying or adjacent to a bucket of water first.) Exiting the rotunda for a breath of fresh air will prevent any damage that round. You can hold your breath for a number of rounds equal to 5 + your Constitution modifier, but then you have to be adjacent to a panicking spectator to direct them to evacuate.


Male Human (Skilled) Wizard (Universalist) 1; HP 15/15; FP 1/1; AC 15; Fort (T) +4, Ref (T) +5, Will (E) +6; Perception (T) +4

Taking another deep breath and holding it, Irenaeus moves to assist Abigail with what appears to be the last of the spectators not yet evacuated. At the same time he looks around, taking note of both the various people's progress in fighting the fire as well as how determined they are to continue doing so.

Moving to help Abigail with the last unconscious person.


Ren leans over the back row of seats to take the unconscious man off Abigail's hands and staggers back out the door with him, laying him near the woman Shaserai carried.

Ren Strides, Interacts & Strides
Fire spreads

Round 7 init: Shaserai, Jonagher (holding breath round 4), Ren (holding breath), fire, Ragna (holding breath), citizens, Abigail (holding breath round 4)

5/5 children off stage
14/14 panicked spectators evacuated
7/31 squares of fire extinguished

Updated map link

Buckets of water are available for anyone who wants to fetch them in O3 & K14. Each full bucket will douse one 10 x 10 area of fire, if thrown with an Interact action from an adjacent square.

Smoke is a hazard. Using an Interact action to dip a handkerchief or strip or cloth in water and tie it over your nose and mouth will halve the damage. (You need to be carrying or adjacent to a bucket of water first.) Exiting the rotunda for a breath of fresh air will prevent any damage that round. You can hold your breath for a number of rounds equal to 5 + your Constitution modifier.


Ragna hefts her bucket of water and heads towards the inferno. It seems so far away. She stops just short of the worst of the smoke and steadies herself to throw the water onto the nearest flames.

Stride three times to G8. 55' I think. Holding breath 2/7 rounds.


By my count, that's 40 feet: 20' diagonally to I11, 10' horizontally to I9, then 10' diagonally to G8. (None of it is difficult terrain, as you're avoiding the furniture.) Do you want to do something with your third action?


Sorry, been in a place with bad internet for a few days. The maps don't like me too much. If I can get close enough to the fire with the remaining 10' of movement on my second stride to throw my water on it, I'll do that. If not I'll stay where I am.


Ragna runs to the western doorway and flings a full bucket of water into the burning corridor.

The last of the civilians flee the rotunda, leaving only those engaged in fighting the fire.

Abigail seizes a bucket from the brigade and heads for the other eastern doorway.

Ragna Strides, Strides & Interacts
Abigail Strides, Interacts & Strides

Round 8 init: Shaserai, Jonagher (holding breath round 4), Ren (holding breath), fire, Ragna (holding breath round 2), citizens, Abigail (holding breath round 5)

5/5 children off stage
14/14 panicked spectators evacuated
10/31 squares of fire extinguished

Updated map link

Buckets of water are available for anyone who wants to fetch them in O3, K14, L14, M15, N16 & O17. Each full bucket will douse one 10 x 10 area of fire, if thrown with an Interact action from an adjacent square.

Smoke is a hazard. Using an Interact action to dip a handkerchief or strip or cloth in water and tie it over your nose and mouth will halve the damage. (You need to be carrying or adjacent to a bucket of water first.) Exiting the rotunda for a breath of fresh air will prevent any damage that round. You can hold your breath for a number of rounds equal to 5 + your Constitution modifier.


Male Elf (seer elf) Cloistered Cleric 1; HP 10/14; FP 1/1; AC 14; Fort (T) +3, Ref (T) +4, Will (E) +9; Perception (T) +7

After briefly enjoying the fresh air Shaserai holds his breath, takes a bucket of water and runs into the rotunda and nearly to the stage.

Interact to pick up a bucket and double move to I9.


Shaserai takes a bucket and runs back into the smoke-filled rotunda.

Shaserai Interacts, Strides & Strides

Round 8 init: Shaserai (holding breath round 1), Jonagher (holding breath round 4), Ren (holding breath), fire, Ragna (holding breath round 2), citizens, Abigail (holding breath round 5)

5/5 children off stage
14/14 panicked spectators evacuated
10/31 squares of fire extinguished

Updated map link

Buckets of water are available for anyone who wants to fetch them in O3, K14, L14, M15, N16 & O17. Each full bucket will douse one 10 x 10 area of fire, if thrown with an Interact action from an adjacent square.

Smoke is a hazard. Using an Interact action to dip a handkerchief or strip or cloth in water and tie it over your nose and mouth will halve the damage. (You need to be carrying or adjacent to a bucket of water first.) Exiting the rotunda for a breath of fresh air will prevent any damage that round. You can hold your breath for a number of rounds equal to 5 + your Constitution modifier.


CG Male human (half-elf) rogue (thief) 1
Vitals:
AC 18 | HP: 16/16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +9, Will: +6 | Perception: +6

Struggling to hold his breath and avoid taking a gulp of smoke-filled air, Jonagher heads for the exit as he sees Shaserai re-enter the rotunda with a bucket of water. He nods as he passes the elven priest, and once outside, he takes a welcome breath of fresh air, surveying the street to identify anyone else who can help them.

"This way!" he shouts and waves for more citizens to join the fire-fighting effort, "Form another bucket brigade! We've got to save the building!"

He then dips a handkerchief into one of the buckets of water so he can tie it around his face, and makes ready to carry two buckets back inside with him.

Jonagher Strides, Interacts, and Interacts?


Jonagher rushes for the door and takes a gulp of fresh air. Dipping a handkerchief into a ready bucket, he ties it over his nose and mouth to filter out some of the smoke.

Jonagher Strides, Strides & Interacts

Round 8 init: Shaserai (holding breath round 1), Jonagher (masked), Ren, fire, Ragna (holding breath round 2), citizens, Abigail (holding breath round 5)

5/5 children off stage
14/14 panicked spectators evacuated
10/31 squares of fire extinguished

Updated map link

Buckets of water are available for anyone who wants to fetch them in O3, K14, L14, M15, N16 & O17. Each full bucket will douse one 10 x 10 area of fire, if thrown with an Interact action from an adjacent square.

Smoke is a hazard. Using an Interact action to dip a handkerchief or strip or cloth in water and tie it over your nose and mouth will halve the damage. (You need to be carrying or adjacent to a bucket of water first.) Exiting the rotunda for a breath of fresh air will prevent any damage that round. You can hold your breath for a number of rounds equal to 5 + your Constitution modifier.


Having taken a breath of fresh air, Ren seizes a bucket and holds his breath once more, rushing up the aisle toward the fire.

Ren Interacts, Strides & Strides
Fire spreads

Round 8 init: Shaserai (holding breath round 1), Jonagher (masked), Ren (holding breath round 1), fire, Ragna (holding breath round 2), citizens, Abigail (holding breath round 5)

5/5 children off stage
14/14 panicked spectators evacuated
10/35 squares of fire extinguished

Updated map link

Buckets of water are available for anyone who wants to fetch them in O3, K14, L14, M15, N16 & O17. Each full bucket will douse one 10 x 10 area of fire, if thrown with an Interact action from an adjacent square.

Smoke is a hazard. Using an Interact action to dip a handkerchief or strip or cloth in water and tie it over your nose and mouth will halve the damage. (You need to be carrying or adjacent to a bucket of water first.) Exiting the rotunda for a breath of fresh air will prevent any damage that round. You can hold your breath for a number of rounds equal to 5 + your Constitution modifier.


Ragna quickly retreats from the hissing steam cloud her water creates as it douses a section of the stage. It looks like most of the civilians are out of immediate danger, and she returns to the entrance for another bucket of water. What maters is that everyone is safe, but we can still try to save the building and stop the fire from spreading across the town.

Stride twice for 50' to N4, interact to pick up a bucket of water From O3.


Ragna rushes back for another bucket.

Abigail ducks into the smoky corridor and finds another area of fire raging. She tosses her bucket of water over the flames and turns back for more ammunition.

Ragna Strides, Strides & Interacts
Abigail Strides, Interacts & Strides

Round 9 init: Shaserai (holding breath round 1), Jonagher (masked), Ren (holding breath round 1), fire, Ragna (holding breath round 3), citizens, Abigail (holding breath round 6)

5/5 children off stage
14/14 panicked spectators evacuated
14/35 squares of fire extinguished

Updated map link

Buckets of water are available for anyone who wants to fetch them in O3, K14, L14, M15, N16 & O17. Each full bucket will douse one 10 x 10 area of fire, if thrown with an Interact action from an adjacent square.

Smoke is a hazard. Using an Interact action to dip a handkerchief or strip or cloth in water and tie it over your nose and mouth will halve the damage. (You need to be carrying or adjacent to a bucket of water first.) Exiting the rotunda for a breath of fresh air will prevent any damage that round. You can hold your breath for a number of rounds equal to 5 + your Constitution modifier.


Male Elf (seer elf) Cloistered Cleric 1; HP 10/14; FP 1/1; AC 14; Fort (T) +3, Ref (T) +4, Will (E) +9; Perception (T) +7

Shaserai hefts the water bucket and plunges into the smoke filled hallway. He quickly extinguishes as much of the fire as he can and gets out into the rotunda again, hurrying towards the exit to get more water.

"Nearly halfway to dousing the fire" he thinks "We can save the building."

Move to E6, interact to throw the water and move to I7


Shaserai douses another expanse of floor and heads back for more water.

Shaserai Strides, Interacts & Strides

Round 9 init: Shaserai (holding breath round 2), Jonagher (masked), Ren (holding breath round 1), fire, Ragna (holding breath round 3), citizens, Abigail (holding breath round 6)

5/5 children off stage
14/14 panicked spectators evacuated
18/35 squares of fire extinguished

Updated map link

Buckets of water are available for anyone who wants to fetch them in O3, K14, L14, M15, N16 & O17. Each full bucket will douse one 10 x 10 area of fire, if thrown with an Interact action from an adjacent square.

Smoke is a hazard. Using an Interact action to dip a handkerchief or strip or cloth in water and tie it over your nose and mouth will halve the damage. (You need to be carrying or adjacent to a bucket of water first.) Exiting the rotunda for a breath of fresh air will prevent any damage that round. You can hold your breath for a number of rounds equal to 5 + your Constitution modifier.


CG Male human (half-elf) rogue (thief) 1
Vitals:
AC 18 | HP: 16/16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +9, Will: +6 | Perception: +6

Determined to save the building where he himself once acted out the same play of the town's founding, Jonagher grabs two buckets of water and hurries to take them to the blaze, trusting in his handkerchief to hold the smoke at bay. Of course, he has little protection for his eyes and finds himself squinting as he moves back into the theater.

"Fetch more buckets!" he shouts encouragement to everyone fighting the flames, "We can still put out the fire!"

Even through the mask, he still coughs as the smoke billows around them. So, despite the wet handkerchief, he decides to hold his breath again until he really needs to talk.

Jonagher Interacts, Strides, and Strides?


Jonagher shouts encouragement at a cost to his lungs as he heads back into the rotunda with a bucket of water in each hand.

Jonagher Interacts, Interacts & Strides: 1d6 ⇒ 2/2 = 1 smoke inhalation damage

Round 9 init: Shaserai (holding breath round 2), Jonagher (masked), Ren (holding breath round 1), fire, Ragna (holding breath round 3), citizens, Abigail (holding breath round 6)

5/5 children off stage
14/14 panicked spectators evacuated
18/35 squares of fire extinguished

Updated map link

Buckets of water are available for anyone who wants to fetch them in O3, K14, L14, M15, N16 & O17. Each full bucket will douse one 10 x 10 area of fire, if thrown with an Interact action from an adjacent square.

Smoke is a hazard. Using an Interact action to dip a handkerchief or strip or cloth in water and tie it over your nose and mouth will halve the damage. (You need to be carrying or adjacent to a bucket of water first.) Exiting the rotunda for a breath of fresh air will prevent any damage that round. You can hold your breath for a number of rounds equal to 5 + your Constitution modifier.


Male Human (Skilled) Wizard (Universalist) 1; HP 15/15; FP 1/1; AC 15; Fort (T) +4, Ref (T) +5, Will (E) +6; Perception (T) +4

Holding his breath and bucket in hand Irenaeus moves as fast as he can considering the circumstances and tries to contribute in the fighting of the fire.

Moving to F3 or F4 if possible and throwing the water to the closest fire.

151 to 200 of 240 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hellknight Hill: The Lost Ring All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.