GM Otha's King of the Storval Stairs Campaign (Gameday VIII)

Game Master Otha

Slides/Maps


1 to 50 of 300 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Storval Stairs

This is the Gameplay thread for King of the Storval Stairs. Please dot and delete...

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Ganzi Bloodrager 4/Brawler 1/Oracle 6 | HP 108/108 (141)| AC 23 T 14 FF 20 (21/12/18) | CMB +13, CMD 27 (15/29) | F: +14, R: +10, W: +7 (17/10/9) | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft |Rage: 14/14 | Active cond:|
BR Spells:
1st (2/2) Long Arm, Shield
Oracle Spells:
3rd(4/4) - CSW, Magic Vestment, Invis Purge 2nd(6/6) - CMW, Fog Cloud, Align Weapon, Grace 1st(7/7) - CLW, Bless, Divine Favor, Enlarge Person, Liberating Command, Prot from Evil, 0th Detect Mag, Create Water, Guidance, Light, Read Mag, Mending, Spark

Philetius looks up as the group assembles, greeting each of you enthusiastically, shaking your hands in turn. Greetings! I am Philetius Everette Luhn III. This is my hammer, Tim. We are very happy to meet you and hope to kill many evil creatures together, and take their stuff!
He is a tall, brawny man, bald but for a topknot. At first glance he seems human, but as you look, the color of his hair and skin gradually shifts.

Grand Lodge

Storval Stairs

One of the administrator’s of Heidmarch Manor, in Magnimar, bows to the brawny man as he introduces himself. ”Ah, Master Philetius, you are most welcome. Lady Heidmarch sends her greetings and appreciation in answering her summons so promptly. You are the first of the summoned Pathfinders to appear; please make yourself at home in the adjoining lounge where refreshments and comfort awaits and you can relax from the rigors of travel. My Lady will attend to you when the rest of the party arrives.”

The man bows again as he ushers Philetius into the next room where wine and ale, along with an assortment of cheese, bread, and local fruit, are in abundance...

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Arie D'Nostica. CG Female Kitsune (Appears to be a Varisian human most of the time) Bard 9 CG bard 9 | HP 66/66 | AC 21 FF 15 Touch 17 | CMB +7 CMD 22 | F+6 R+11 W+7 |Init +4 | Perc +7 SM +20 Speed 30' Spells: 0: 6 1)5 2)4 3)4 | Conditions: none

A very attractive Varisian woman with a hint of exotic, possibly Tian features walks in. She has long dark hair with a streak of dark red running down the back. Her fine leather armor is fitted and she carries little in equipment. A ahort bow, quiver, buckler, rapier, dagger and a small sack slung over a shoulder.

She bows deeply to the assembly and then to Philetius. Her voice is full and vibrant.
"Greetings. My name is Arie. It is a pleasure to meet you and once again serve the interests of lady Heidmarch."

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

Zaarah is a scrawny girl with auburn hair and amber eyes. She is standing with eyes wide open.

Her features seem Chelaxian but also have something else mixed in.

She is wearing light mithral armor and carries a black pulsing Scimitar at her hip that is attached to her wrist with a very fine chain.

Zaarah seems to be angry!

She suddenly draws her Scimitar that is so black that it almost absorbs light.

"Mesh! I am going to silence you and make you suffer if you don’t stop talking to me like this!!” she says in rage.

She seems to listen to something and looks at her black magical sword with balled fists!

Dark Archive

Male CG Ganzi Bloodrager 4/Brawler 1/Oracle 6 | HP 108/108 (141)| AC 23 T 14 FF 20 (21/12/18) | CMB +13, CMD 27 (15/29) | F: +14, R: +10, W: +7 (17/10/9) | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft |Rage: 14/14 | Active cond:|
BR Spells:
1st (2/2) Long Arm, Shield
Oracle Spells:
3rd(4/4) - CSW, Magic Vestment, Invis Purge 2nd(6/6) - CMW, Fog Cloud, Align Weapon, Grace 1st(7/7) - CLW, Bless, Divine Favor, Enlarge Person, Liberating Command, Prot from Evil, 0th Detect Mag, Create Water, Guidance, Light, Read Mag, Mending, Spark

Do you want me to have Tim teach Mesh some manners?Philetius looks concerned and slightly confused as he hefts his adamantine lucerne hammer.

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

Zaarah is slightly confused when Philetius tries to communicate.

She looks at her scimitar and then back at the Ganzi. ”Ehhh ... no! But ... he can teach your hammer manners... ehhh ... !“ she says with a aggressive look.

But Philetius friendly face softens her mood.

5 seconds of silence

Tears are visible in her eyes.

"... well ... I always say this to new people I meet so ... sometimes what I say might sound crazy but I promise it will be logical!"

Suddenly, she starts smiling.

Dark Archive

Male CG Ganzi Bloodrager 4/Brawler 1/Oracle 6 | HP 108/108 (141)| AC 23 T 14 FF 20 (21/12/18) | CMB +13, CMD 27 (15/29) | F: +14, R: +10, W: +7 (17/10/9) | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft |Rage: 14/14 | Active cond:|
BR Spells:
1st (2/2) Long Arm, Shield
Oracle Spells:
3rd(4/4) - CSW, Magic Vestment, Invis Purge 2nd(6/6) - CMW, Fog Cloud, Align Weapon, Grace 1st(7/7) - CLW, Bless, Divine Favor, Enlarge Person, Liberating Command, Prot from Evil, 0th Detect Mag, Create Water, Guidance, Light, Read Mag, Mending, Spark

Logic is overrated. I seldom find it provides the most fun even though it might produce the most effective outcome. Philetius smiles warmly at her.

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Witch 10 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 18 (21 Mage Armor) | T: 15| FF: 15 (Mage Armor)| CMD: 20| Fort: +6 | Ref: +8| Will: +9 | Init: +9 | Perc: +12 | Sense Motive: +2 |

A young woman with extremely fair skin, long red flowing hair and piercing green eyes is the next to arrive. Dressed in a long forest green robe with the hood currently draped down over her back, she seems to radiate a dark energy despite her youthful and attractive appearance. A large raven sits perched on her shoulder.

She looks around the group quietly and takes a seat, opening up an ancient looking book and staring to read.


Male Raven 9 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 19 (23 Mage Armor) | T: 14| FF: 17 (21 Mage Armor) | CMD: 10| Fort: +2 | Ref: +5 | Will: +8| Will: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +17 (lowlight) | Sense Motive: +2 |

The big raven hops off his mistress's shoulder and starts to flap his way around the room, taking in the conversation. "CAAAAAAAW! I, Lonan! CAAAAAW! Logic boring like mistress! CAAAAAAW! Fun much better!" he comes to rest on a chair near Philetius, nodding in agreement at the Ganzi's words.

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

Zaarah looks at Philetius and scratches her head not really sure how to reply.

When Lonan and his mistress jump in she is utterly paralysed.

10 seconds of silence.

Zaarah starts to laugh hilariously.

"Ha ha ... Okay, then let us go logic on my side and ... ehhh ... what on your side? But you don't want to come with me on the road to logical arguments!! Ok ... Mesh and I can respect that?! It really makes sense to have more company in life. Helps to lower the probability for mental disorders ... ehh ... I think ... " she says with some doubt in her voice.

Dark Archive

Male CG Ganzi Bloodrager 4/Brawler 1/Oracle 6 | HP 108/108 (141)| AC 23 T 14 FF 20 (21/12/18) | CMB +13, CMD 27 (15/29) | F: +14, R: +10, W: +7 (17/10/9) | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft |Rage: 14/14 | Active cond:|
BR Spells:
1st (2/2) Long Arm, Shield
Oracle Spells:
3rd(4/4) - CSW, Magic Vestment, Invis Purge 2nd(6/6) - CMW, Fog Cloud, Align Weapon, Grace 1st(7/7) - CLW, Bless, Divine Favor, Enlarge Person, Liberating Command, Prot from Evil, 0th Detect Mag, Create Water, Guidance, Light, Read Mag, Mending, Spark

Zaarah, you have 3 negative levels right now? How'd you manage that? Two from a recent raise I can see, but did you need to get raised twice? Mirror image fail against a true-seeing opponent?
I generally try not to think about these things too hard. It only leads to headaches and hurt feelings. He smiles, absentmindedly petting his hammer.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 10 - HP: 104/104 - To hit +24/+16 (2d6+17+9) - AC: 29 (30* if adjacent to a single foe) /T: 16 /FF: 26 - Perception +2 - F: +14 / R: +10 /W: +12 - CMB +18(25) - CMD +34(38) - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - DR 2/-

"Well well... waht a rowdy bunch of pathfinders!" a tall well armed (and heavily armored) man says as he enters the hall and approaches the rest of the assembled pathfinders.
He smiles and adds:[b]"Well met everyone. Name's Rogar and I've got an urgent message from the VCs... I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it seems our mission was put on delay and will be that way for the next couple of weeks. Sucks, I know, but at least we'll have time to drink a mug of ale or two and get to know each other better!"

Dark Archive

Male CG Ganzi Bloodrager 4/Brawler 1/Oracle 6 | HP 108/108 (141)| AC 23 T 14 FF 20 (21/12/18) | CMB +13, CMD 27 (15/29) | F: +14, R: +10, W: +7 (17/10/9) | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft |Rage: 14/14 | Active cond:|
BR Spells:
1st (2/2) Long Arm, Shield
Oracle Spells:
3rd(4/4) - CSW, Magic Vestment, Invis Purge 2nd(6/6) - CMW, Fog Cloud, Align Weapon, Grace 1st(7/7) - CLW, Bless, Divine Favor, Enlarge Person, Liberating Command, Prot from Evil, 0th Detect Mag, Create Water, Guidance, Light, Read Mag, Mending, Spark

Philetius leaps to his feat excitedly and helps himself to a drink as he booms, "Excellent! Everyone, Rogar is buying!"

The Exchange

Arie D'Nostica. CG Female Kitsune (Appears to be a Varisian human most of the time) Bard 9 CG bard 9 | HP 66/66 | AC 21 FF 15 Touch 17 | CMB +7 CMD 22 | F+6 R+11 W+7 |Init +4 | Perc +7 SM +20 Speed 30' Spells: 0: 6 1)5 2)4 3)4 | Conditions: none

Arie sits to the side, quietly watching the other pathfinders before whispering quietly to herself, "Well, it will be an interesting adventure at least!"

Dark Archive

LN Samsaran Faith Psychic 10| HP72/72 | AC19 T12 FF18| CMD 14 | Fort 11 Ref 11 Will 19 | Speed 30ft | Initiative +1| Phrenic Power:8/9 Spirit Ridden: | Ioun Stone: | Samsaran Psychic Reading Skills: | Spells 1st 5/8 2nd 7/8 3rd 2/8 4th 4/6 5th 3/4

A tall and slender woman of pale blue skin and purple hair approaches you all. She is dressed almost like a teacher at a school or university with the level of conservative her outfit has. "Greetings to all of you. I am Momoko Koigakubo, and I am looking forward to offering you all the power and faith of our gracious Dragon-Lord, Apsu." She bows deeply at her waist.

The six foot tall Samsaran looks over Zaarah silently for what feels like an eternity. Her pale eyes with no iris staring deeply into the young woman.
Occult Skill;Prognostication Sense Motive DC20+8: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33

She offers a gentle smile afterwards. "Most interesting. I have encountered many of your kind; those who are bound to a blade that knows more than the song of battle. Does it conflict you much?"

Grand Lodge

Storval Stairs

The administrator returns to the lounge and bows. ”Mistress Zaarah, you have been recalled to Absalom for an alternate mission. Transportation has been arranged but haste is of the essence...”

As Zaarah gathers her belongings and exits, the administrator quickly addresses the rest of you. ”My Lady awaits the last of your party to arrive; he should be here shortly.” He bows again and leaves.

Grand Lodge

Storval Stairs

Lady Heidmarch enters the lounge, looks you over, and nods curtly.

"Thank you for coming, Pathfinders. You look well qualified for the task at hand, and I'm relieved a team such as yours was available so far from the Society's heart in Absalom. How familiar are you with the ruins of ancient Thassilon? Well, you're going to be getting a lot more familiar with one of the most strategically important sites in the entirety of Yarisia-the Storval Stairs.

"This stairway-carved by giants and scaled appropriately for creatures of their size-provides the easiest means of climbing the Storval Rise west of the Iron Peaks. Thus, it also provides the swiftest means of getting supplies and personnel to and from the ruins of Xin-Shalast and other sites of interest on the Storval Plateau. We had a supply caravan go missing a week ago; its last reported location was near the stairs, and rumors I've been hearing from as far away as Riddleport indicate this isn't the only similar situation in recent months. Some reports claim a tribe of hill giants have claimed the Storval Stairs as their territory and are demanding exorbitant tariffs to pass in either direction. Apparently they're led by the self-proclaimed King of the Storval Stairs, who doesn't like the idea of anyone traveling through his kingdom without paying their due."

A knock sounds on the door, and a messenger sticks her head in shyly. In her hand she holds a leather scroll case embroidered with traditional Varisian beadwork. "A message for you, Lady Heidmarch. From your cousin Guaril in Riddleport."

Sheila accepts the missive, tips the courier, and turns back to the matter at hand, shaking her head. "I've told that greasy charlatan to stop calling me family..."

The venture-captain draws the scroll from the case and quickly reads it, raising one eyebrow inquisitively.

"Well, this is fortuitous. It seems 'Cousin' Karela is also interested in your mission, and wants to ensure your success in a timely fashion. No doubt he has some ulterior motives that don't align with our own. Then again, we're likely to use his influence among the Varisian people to populate the supply caravans to and from the Storval Plateau, so perhaps his motivation is not so different after all."

"Travel to the Storval Stairs and confirm what happened to our supply wagons. While you're there, take care of this so-called king and ensure he and his giant followers don't present a problem for us in the future. Then hold the location until a larger contingent of Pathfinders arrives to set up a more permanent way station there. It's nearly a five hundred mile journey, but our 'cousin' has seen to it that won't be a problem for you-he included a scroll here to teleport you to a location another 'relative' of his divined as the current location of the supply caravan. He says it was expensive but a good investment, and that you're worth it."

Sheila holds the scroll out for the taking, the sketch of the location one should use as its destination visible in its uncurling corner. "Best of luck, Pathfinders."

Dark Archive

LN Samsaran Faith Psychic 10| HP72/72 | AC19 T12 FF18| CMD 14 | Fort 11 Ref 11 Will 19 | Speed 30ft | Initiative +1| Phrenic Power:8/9 Spirit Ridden: | Ioun Stone: | Samsaran Psychic Reading Skills: | Spells 1st 5/8 2nd 7/8 3rd 2/8 4th 4/6 5th 3/4

Momoko takes the scroll and looks to the others of her group. "How immediately must we leave? Do we have a few minutes to an hour prepare?" She is reaching for her writing implements. "I may be able to discern something of value before we go, having this sketch to reference."

Dark Archive

Male CG Ganzi Bloodrager 4/Brawler 1/Oracle 6 | HP 108/108 (141)| AC 23 T 14 FF 20 (21/12/18) | CMB +13, CMD 27 (15/29) | F: +14, R: +10, W: +7 (17/10/9) | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft |Rage: 14/14 | Active cond:|
BR Spells:
1st (2/2) Long Arm, Shield
Oracle Spells:
3rd(4/4) - CSW, Magic Vestment, Invis Purge 2nd(6/6) - CMW, Fog Cloud, Align Weapon, Grace 1st(7/7) - CLW, Bless, Divine Favor, Enlarge Person, Liberating Command, Prot from Evil, 0th Detect Mag, Create Water, Guidance, Light, Read Mag, Mending, Spark

Philetius puts down his beer when Lady Heidmarch enters and listens intently. Taking a moment to consider our options and prepare seems prudent, but over-preparing just leads to wasted time. At the very least, we should make sure to exhaust more accessible forms of information gathering first.

Lady Heidmarch, I have a couple of questions. What sort of resistance should we expect? Obviously the mentioned Hill Giants, but any other allies or creatures known to frequent the area or encounters reported by other caravans?
Beyond the scroll, which will be very helpful, do you have anything to aid us in our tasks?
I'd also like to clarify, and I will be blunt to avoid misunderstanding. When you mean take care of, do you mean that he should depart this material plane in search of a more permanent position assigned within the Boneyard, or that we should ensure he doesn't interfere with Pathfinder shipments in the area?

He looks at the party What do we know of the area and it's threats?
He turns back to Momoko What sorts of things can you learn from your divinations?

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human (Varisian) Ranger 10 human| HP: 84/84| AC: 27/28 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +12, CMD: 28 | F: +10, R: 15, W: +8 | Init: +8 | Perc: +15, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | [/ooc] | Spells: 1st 3/2 2nd: 2/2 3rd 1/1 | [ooc]Active conditions: None.

Keos is left listening intently to his teammates and above all Phil's questions have been very right, perhaps the same ones that would occur to him, so he just nods and asks "we'll have some time to get along properly?"

The Concordance

Female Human Witch 10 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 18 (21 Mage Armor) | T: 15| FF: 15 (Mage Armor)| CMD: 20| Fort: +6 | Ref: +8| Will: +9 | Init: +9 | Perc: +12 | Sense Motive: +2 |

Seldanna perks up from her book as Lady Heidmarch starts talking about the ancient Thassilonian runes.

"Ooh, I was just reading about those the other day..."

Kn. History: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34

Grand Lodge

Storval Stairs

Lady Heidmarch ponders a moment before answering Philetius. "The stairs have been a trouble spot for years and have a reputation for sheltering harpies and trolls. Since the giants moved in, they seem to have driven off most other monsters."

She coughs lightly before continuing. "Our armory here is limited but you have a little time to make purchases in Magnimar if needed...

"As for neutralizing the King of the Storval Stairs, I'll leave that up to you. Rumors describe him as a brute of a hill giant that even his own people fear. He is said to follow one of the giant gods and he sacrifices prisoners or slaves at a holy site on the Storval plateau if they can't pay his tariffs...so I doubt he would be missed...

"Any more questions?"

Grand Lodge

Storval Stairs

Seldanna's knowledge of history reveals much information about the Storval Stairs.

You may read all the Knowledge (History) spoilers as Seldanna's knowledge roll was more than high enough to reveal them all...

Knowledge (History) DC10+:
The Storval Stairs were created millennia ago by the empire of Thassilon and many ruins surround the stairs themselves.

Knowledge (History) DC15+:
The stairs originally housed an army of giants, and the proportions of the entire site are suited for creatures at least twice the size of a human.

Knowledge (History) DC20+:
The Shoanti Hawk Clan has patrolled the stairs for generations, and was driven off only recently by stone giants. Though the giants were later driven away, the Shoanti have not returned to their patrols of the stairs, leaving the site undefended for new creatures to claim as their lairs.

Investigating local news and rumors may give you more information about the Storval Stairs in the present day...

Knowledge (Local) OR Diplomacy (Gather Info) DC10+:
The Storval Stairs serve as a connection between the Varisian lowlands and the elevated Storval Plateau. It's the easiest route between destinations on the plateau and western Varisia (though still an arduous trek).

Knowledge (Local) OR Diplomacy (Gather Info) DC20+:
In addition to the giants spoken of in current reports, harpies and trolls are also known to claim the Storval Stairs from time to time.

Knowledge (Local) OR Diplomacy (Gather Info) DC25+:
Some Magnimarian merchants are said to have negotiated a deal with the Shoanti Hawk Clan to guard a caravan through the stairs. Rumor has it the missing Pathfinder expedition had a Hawk Clan escort.

Knowledge (Local) OR Diplomacy (Gather Info) DC30+:
A powerful Kellid witch has taken the King of the Storval Stairs as a lover, and they sacrifice prisoners and slaves to a god of the giants on the Storval Plateau.

Knowledge (Local) OR Diplomacy (Gather Info) DC35+:
The King of the Storval Stairs is a powerful cleric.

The Exchange

Arie D'Nostica. CG Female Kitsune (Appears to be a Varisian human most of the time) Bard 9 CG bard 9 | HP 66/66 | AC 21 FF 15 Touch 17 | CMB +7 CMD 22 | F+6 R+11 W+7 |Init +4 | Perc +7 SM +20 Speed 30' Spells: 0: 6 1)5 2)4 3)4 | Conditions: none

"Sounds straight forward enough.. Let's see what we can find out as for more information..."

diplomacy, gather info: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 20 = 33

Dark Archive

LN Samsaran Faith Psychic 10| HP72/72 | AC19 T12 FF18| CMD 14 | Fort 11 Ref 11 Will 19 | Speed 30ft | Initiative +1| Phrenic Power:8/9 Spirit Ridden: | Ioun Stone: | Samsaran Psychic Reading Skills: | Spells 1st 5/8 2nd 7/8 3rd 2/8 4th 4/6 5th 3/4

Momoko will agree to the desires of the group and not engage in an automatic writing for now. Instead she will look over Arie D'nostica and begin a psychic reading of her Standard Action, 1 PE point.
Psychic Reading Sense Motive DC20: 1d20 + 18 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 18 + 10 = 35
Choices: Class, Race, Feats
If having successfully learned a brief amount of Arie, Momoko is able to now utilize some bard skills that lay latent deep within the young kitsune.
Psychic Learning: Knowledge Geography, Perception.
Knowledge Geography: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

What the heck is Psychic Learning?:

When a reborn samsaran expends psychic energy to cast psychic reading to identify a humanoid's class, he temporarily treats two of the target's class skills as if they were class skills for him. He can use these skills untrained and gains a +2 insight bonus on such checks. These benefits last for 24 hours or until the reborn samsaran spends psychic energy to cast psychic reading again.
Source: Occult Bestiary

How the heck do you have PE points?:

Reborn Magic: A reborn samsaran with a Charisma score of 11 or higher can cast the following spells (as per the psychic magic universal monster rule, using his Charisma modifier to determine the DCs): burst of insight (1 PE), detect psychic significance (0 PE), object reading (2 PE), and psychic reading (1 PE). The caster level is equal to the reborn samsaran's level. The reborn samsaran has a reservoir of 5 PE per day.
Source: Occult Bestiary

Psychic Reading:

School divination; Level bard 2, inquisitor 2, medium 1, mesmerist 1, occultist 1, psychic 1, sorcerer/wizard 2, spiritualist 1
CASTING
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V
EFFECT
Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target one humanoid creature
Duration 1 round
Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance yes
DESCRIPTION
You are able to read a person's surface thoughts and take cues from the person's appearance, body language, and manner of speech to infer a great deal of information about the person, even if that person is in disguise (including polymorph effects). When casting the spell, attempt a DC 20 Sense Motive check with a bonus equal to your caster level.
A successful skill check reveals to you one of the following pieces of information of your choice, plus one additional piece of information for every 5 points by which your check result exceeds 20: age, alignment, class†, feats†, gender, native language, place of origin, race or ethnicity, racial traits†, religion, sexual orientation, or training in a Craft, Perform, or Profession skill. For items marked with a cross (†), if the target has more than one of these features, each one you discover counts as a piece of information.
There's a 70% chance that all information you receive is correct. This roll is made secretly. Otherwise, on a roll of 71–80, You receive one false piece of information, on a roll of 81–90 you receive two, and on a roll of 91–100 you receive three. You can't get more false information than the total number of pieces of information you discover.

Dark Archive

Male CG Ganzi Bloodrager 4/Brawler 1/Oracle 6 | HP 108/108 (141)| AC 23 T 14 FF 20 (21/12/18) | CMB +13, CMD 27 (15/29) | F: +14, R: +10, W: +7 (17/10/9) | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft |Rage: 14/14 | Active cond:|
BR Spells:
1st (2/2) Long Arm, Shield
Oracle Spells:
3rd(4/4) - CSW, Magic Vestment, Invis Purge 2nd(6/6) - CMW, Fog Cloud, Align Weapon, Grace 1st(7/7) - CLW, Bless, Divine Favor, Enlarge Person, Liberating Command, Prot from Evil, 0th Detect Mag, Create Water, Guidance, Light, Read Mag, Mending, Spark

Arie, let me give you a hand with talking to locals to learn about these stairs. Philetius will automatically assist with a +17 bonus, bringing Arie's total to 35.

Well, harpies and trolls. They the screamers or the lookers? I can't ever keep that straight.
He thinks to himself for a moment. Anyway, something about a witch and a cleric. Either way, they will all enjoy Tim's caresses.
He brightens up a moment later - We should talk to the Shoanti! They live around here. One of the Quah, anyway.
He steps out of the lodge and looks up and down the street, then steps back in.
My parent's alchemy shop is close by. They should be able to help us out with supplies if we need them. I'd offer the family discount, but they've been struggling since Dad got sick last year and I don't want to short them.

Philetius will stop by his parent's shop before leaving the city. Oddly, due to some strange genetic mixing in his Ganzi heritage, his parents are halflings, and he towers over them at 6'4". They are very friendly and everyone is invited for dinner after they clear up whatever mess they are in town for.

He will purchase a pair of earplugs and a pair of Smoked Goggles.

There is no mechanical effect, this is purely an RP thing, and the first time he's been in Magnimar on an assignment for the Society.

Grand Lodge

Storval Stairs

Arie's queries, along with Philetius' aide, reveals even more information on your mission....

You may now look at all the Knowledge (Local)/Diplomacy spoilers as well...

Momoko's psychic reading proves beneficial as she gains useful skills.

Her newfound knowledge of geography gains her some general information on the Storval Stairs...

Momoko:
The Thassilonian ruin known as the Storval Stairs is a giant-sized stone staircase connecting the fertile lowlands of western Varisia with the barren scrubland of the Storval Plateau. Rising 400 feet up the steep Storval Rise, the stairs are flanked by dozens of structures of immense proportions and towering statues replicating the visage of Karzoug, Runelord of Greed.

Dark Archive

LN Samsaran Faith Psychic 10| HP72/72 | AC19 T12 FF18| CMD 14 | Fort 11 Ref 11 Will 19 | Speed 30ft | Initiative +1| Phrenic Power:8/9 Spirit Ridden: | Ioun Stone: | Samsaran Psychic Reading Skills: | Spells 1st 5/8 2nd 7/8 3rd 2/8 4th 4/6 5th 3/4

The psychic intuition grants Momoko extended knowledge of the Storval Stairs. Feel free to read my spoiler everyone.

"Perhaps flight will be beneficial during this adventure. Who here lacks that?" She inquires from the party.

Dark Archive

Male CG Ganzi Bloodrager 4/Brawler 1/Oracle 6 | HP 108/108 (141)| AC 23 T 14 FF 20 (21/12/18) | CMB +13, CMD 27 (15/29) | F: +14, R: +10, W: +7 (17/10/9) | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft |Rage: 14/14 | Active cond:|
BR Spells:
1st (2/2) Long Arm, Shield
Oracle Spells:
3rd(4/4) - CSW, Magic Vestment, Invis Purge 2nd(6/6) - CMW, Fog Cloud, Align Weapon, Grace 1st(7/7) - CLW, Bless, Divine Favor, Enlarge Person, Liberating Command, Prot from Evil, 0th Detect Mag, Create Water, Guidance, Light, Read Mag, Mending, Spark

Philetius shrugs. I've got a couple potions. I'll grab a scroll of Air Walk as well, since the potions only last a couple of minutes.

I'll spend 2 prestige on a scoll of Air Walk

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 10 - HP: 104/104 - To hit +24/+16 (2d6+17+9) - AC: 29 (30* if adjacent to a single foe) /T: 16 /FF: 26 - Perception +2 - F: +14 / R: +10 /W: +12 - CMB +18(25) - CMD +34(38) - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - DR 2/-

Rogar listens carefully to Heidmarch's explanation of the mission. He doesn't seem particularly cheerful about what's being described:"So you want us to deal with this hill giant, removing him and his folks from the Storval Stairs. It seems like a sensible enough request... though I'd like to know more about this fellow and his tribe. With all due respect, if we are to remove them permanently from the place I'd like to make sure we are the one doing the right thing and not acting like some sort of private militia for Magnimar or this "cousin" of yours..." the tall Taldan says having completed more than a few questionable missions for the varisian venture captain in the past.

Dark Archive

LN Samsaran Faith Psychic 10| HP72/72 | AC19 T12 FF18| CMD 14 | Fort 11 Ref 11 Will 19 | Speed 30ft | Initiative +1| Phrenic Power:8/9 Spirit Ridden: | Ioun Stone: | Samsaran Psychic Reading Skills: | Spells 1st 5/8 2nd 7/8 3rd 2/8 4th 4/6 5th 3/4

Momoko rests a hand on Rogar's shoulder to comfort him. "If you feel uncertainty in your heart, then confide to the power of the Waybringer. The Lord of Dragons, Apsu, can help us answer any doubts we may have in our hearts. If you feel uncertainty, allow me to call to his divine court for answers."

Grand Lodge

Storval Stairs

The Lady replies promptly to Rogar. "As I said, this so-called ‘King’ is an evil one that sacrifices humanoids to his god, not to mention he and his tribe waylaid a Pathfinder supply caravan, among others...and we pay homage to no one...

“As for Magnimar, they feel this lies beyond their holdings. The Storval Stairs lies beyond even Ravenmoor, which marks the very edge of what the city claims and can reasonably maintain. Intervention in conflicts outside those holdings is more or less at the whim of Lord-Mayor Grobaras, and he rarely intervenes unless he has a financial stake in matters...and in this matter, he does not, at least not currently. This mission, first and foremost, is a matter of Pathfinder interests. Does that clear it up for you?”

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 10 - HP: 104/104 - To hit +24/+16 (2d6+17+9) - AC: 29 (30* if adjacent to a single foe) /T: 16 /FF: 26 - Perception +2 - F: +14 / R: +10 /W: +12 - CMB +18(25) - CMD +34(38) - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - DR 2/-

"Thanks lady" Rogar smiles at Momoko and chuckles:"But I've run enough... errands for Lady Heidmarch to know it's always better to make sure everything is as it's being presented... it's just a good habit, believe me."

Then Rogar nods at the Venture Captain:"Yes... well, if he's as bad as you claim he is I've no doubt we'll make sure to bring him your regards... on swordpoint. Gotta keep those supply caravans going after all... right?" Rogar answers sounding rather bitter, which is rather unusual for him.

Grand Lodge

Storval Stairs

Lady Heidmarch smiles. ”As there appear to be no more questions, you had best make preparations to depart shortly. Good luck.”

If there are no more questions, you can make any last minute purchases and I’ll move us forward in the morning...

Dark Archive

LN Samsaran Faith Psychic 10| HP72/72 | AC19 T12 FF18| CMD 14 | Fort 11 Ref 11 Will 19 | Speed 30ft | Initiative +1| Phrenic Power:8/9 Spirit Ridden: | Ioun Stone: | Samsaran Psychic Reading Skills: | Spells 1st 5/8 2nd 7/8 3rd 2/8 4th 4/6 5th 3/4

Momoko buys holy water and incense incase the call for commune comes up, then is ready to cast the spell.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human (Varisian) Ranger 10 human| HP: 84/84| AC: 27/28 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +12, CMD: 28 | F: +10, R: 15, W: +8 | Init: +8 | Perc: +15, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | [/ooc] | Spells: 1st 3/2 2nd: 2/2 3rd 1/1 | [ooc]Active conditions: None.

nothing happens to buy

Grand Lodge

Storval Stairs

Once everyone is prepped, Lady Heidmarch gathers you around, and the scroll is read...

You teleport to the location on Guaril Karela's scroll, finding yourselves a dozen yards from the edge of a small caravan-or what's left of it...

Five hundred feet from the foot of the Storval Stairs lie the remains of what appears to have recently been a small caravan, now scattered over a large area. Most of the wagons are overturned, and the corpses of livestock, hill giants, and a few humans litter the area. The smell of rotting flesh permeates the air, and a haze of flies surrounds the carcasses on the ground. A pile of broken wagons burns in the center of the wreckage, sending a plume of thick, black smoke into the afternoon air, visible for miles.

You also notice 4 large humanoids, obviously hill giants, searching through the wreckage...unfortunately, one also notices your party as you materialize and alerts the others...

"Num sha tuuk!"

If you speak Giant:
"Kill the scum!"

Initiative:

Philetius: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 151d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Arie: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Keos: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Momoko: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Seldanna: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Rogar: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Hill Giant Barbarian: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Hill Giants: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

COMBAT! The bold may post!

Keos
Seldanna
Momoko

Hill Giant Barbarian
Philetius
Rogar
Arie
Hill Giants

Caravan Battle Map

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human (Varisian) Ranger 10 human| HP: 84/84| AC: 27/28 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +12, CMD: 28 | F: +10, R: 15, W: +8 | Init: +8 | Perc: +15, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | [/ooc] | Spells: 1st 3/2 2nd: 2/2 3rd 1/1 | [ooc]Active conditions: None.

i need a token for my pet mordiskitos, large wolf

Grand Lodge

Storval Stairs

Added a wolf token south of Keos' position; the hill Giants are also large creatures so I made him the same size...you can shrink him down if that's not right...

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 10 - HP: 104/104 - To hit +24/+16 (2d6+17+9) - AC: 29 (30* if adjacent to a single foe) /T: 16 /FF: 26 - Perception +2 - F: +14 / R: +10 /W: +12 - CMB +18(25) - CMD +34(38) - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - DR 2/-

"Hostile pillagers. Very well, seems like these fatties are in need of a spanking. And for once lady Heidmarch's information seems to have been accurate"

Rogar is ready to charge but needs to be covered on the flank before doing that

Dark Archive

LN Samsaran Faith Psychic 10| HP72/72 | AC19 T12 FF18| CMD 14 | Fort 11 Ref 11 Will 19 | Speed 30ft | Initiative +1| Phrenic Power:8/9 Spirit Ridden: | Ioun Stone: | Samsaran Psychic Reading Skills: | Spells 1st 5/8 2nd 7/8 3rd 2/8 4th 4/6 5th 3/4

"Oh no need for mercy on these ones, they wish to kills us." Momoko insights to their language as she actually understands giant.

Knowledge Local to ID Giants: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 20 = 29
What are the odds I can start behind the wolf instead of where I am placed? Edit: Or at least adjacent to the wolf?

Dark Archive

Male CG Ganzi Bloodrager 4/Brawler 1/Oracle 6 | HP 108/108 (141)| AC 23 T 14 FF 20 (21/12/18) | CMB +13, CMD 27 (15/29) | F: +14, R: +10, W: +7 (17/10/9) | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft |Rage: 14/14 | Active cond:|
BR Spells:
1st (2/2) Long Arm, Shield
Oracle Spells:
3rd(4/4) - CSW, Magic Vestment, Invis Purge 2nd(6/6) - CMW, Fog Cloud, Align Weapon, Grace 1st(7/7) - CLW, Bless, Divine Favor, Enlarge Person, Liberating Command, Prot from Evil, 0th Detect Mag, Create Water, Guidance, Light, Read Mag, Mending, Spark

Philetius smiles at Momoko's words as he hefts his hammer. You can stand behind me if you wish, small blue-haired person. Tim will keep you safe.
I adjusted Philetius' starting position slightly as well, to be in front of Momoko.

Grand Lodge

Storval Stairs

Momoko: No worries, I just randomly placed everyone on the map... I moved your token to be next to the wolf...

Dark Archive

LN Samsaran Faith Psychic 10| HP72/72 | AC19 T12 FF18| CMD 14 | Fort 11 Ref 11 Will 19 | Speed 30ft | Initiative +1| Phrenic Power:8/9 Spirit Ridden: | Ioun Stone: | Samsaran Psychic Reading Skills: | Spells 1st 5/8 2nd 7/8 3rd 2/8 4th 4/6 5th 3/4

"Fine beast of silver fur, you are going to be the instrument of my reckoning." She casts a spell upon the wolf...

Metamagic: Toppling.
Phrenic Power: Focused Force.
Telekinetic Strikes!

Toppling Focused Force Telekinetic Strike: With each natural attack the wolf does, he gets to deal an additional 1d6 points of force damage. Each time he deals force damage, he can attempt a trip attempt at +17 CMB.

The Exchange

Arie D'Nostica. CG Female Kitsune (Appears to be a Varisian human most of the time) Bard 9 CG bard 9 | HP 66/66 | AC 21 FF 15 Touch 17 | CMB +7 CMD 22 | F+6 R+11 W+7 |Init +4 | Perc +7 SM +20 Speed 30' Spells: 0: 6 1)5 2)4 3)4 | Conditions: none

Before the group leaves Arie looks to Philetious, "Thank you for the assist! We would have missed a key detail.."

She also winks at Momoko, "Neat trick!"

Before heading out Arie will buy 2 potions of Fly, just in case.

And for the fight... Arie is just awaiting her usual slow initiative order to come up...

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human (Varisian) Ranger 10 human| HP: 84/84| AC: 27/28 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +12, CMD: 28 | F: +10, R: 15, W: +8 | Init: +8 | Perc: +15, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | [/ooc] | Spells: 1st 3/2 2nd: 2/2 3rd 1/1 | [ooc]Active conditions: None.

Keos prepares for big battle and use his Extend rod when cast greater magic fang
umd: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Mordiskistos moves towards blue and bite furiously
bite+PA+FF: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
damage: 2d6 + 16 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 5) + 16 + (5) = 30
trip: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (11) + 30 = 41

Dark Archive

LN Samsaran Faith Psychic 10| HP72/72 | AC19 T12 FF18| CMD 14 | Fort 11 Ref 11 Will 19 | Speed 30ft | Initiative +1| Phrenic Power:8/9 Spirit Ridden: | Ioun Stone: | Samsaran Psychic Reading Skills: | Spells 1st 5/8 2nd 7/8 3rd 2/8 4th 4/6 5th 3/4

[b]@Keos: Metamagic Toppling would allow a second trip attempt if your normal trip would fail at any point :D[/ooc]

Grand Lodge

Storval Stairs

Momoko and Keos cast spells upon Mordiskitos and the large wolf then leaps forward, biting a huge chunk out of the hill giant's right thigh, causing it to trip and fall to the ground...

COMBAT! The bold may post!

Keos
Seldanna
Momoko
Hill Giant Barbarian
Philetius
Rogar
Arie
Hill Giants (blue -30, prone)

Caravan Battle Map

The Concordance

Female Human Witch 10 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 18 (21 Mage Armor) | T: 15| FF: 15 (Mage Armor)| CMD: 20| Fort: +6 | Ref: +8| Will: +9 | Init: +9 | Perc: +12 | Sense Motive: +2 |

For preparation when heading out, Seldanna will have cast False Life on herself for Temporary hp: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 and used a charge of her Mage Armor wand. She'll top that up every hour as needed.

Seldanna starts muttering the words of a chant, grabbing what looks to be a handful of empty nutshells from her spellpouch and crushing them through her fingers. There is a burst of greenish light that flies from her hand in a small ball which then explodes in a flash near the fire at the heart of the giants' camp.

Cast Confusion (DC22) centred in middle of fire. Thinking this should catch Red, Yellow and Orange within its AoE.

1 to 50 of 300 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Otha's King of the Storval Stairs Campaign (Gameday VIII) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.