[GD VIII] #1-09 Live Exploration Extreme! (Tier 1-4)

Game Master Ilmakis

Link to map


1 to 50 of 124 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Map #1-09 (The Temple) Chase Rules & Buggy

Starts August 26th


Map #1-09 (The Temple) Chase Rules & Buggy

You start the adventure on the Exemplarion, Zo!’s personal starship and
luxury space-yacht. You’ve just arrived aboard a far more modest Starfinder starship, giving you a brief window to tour the larger craft’s six decks, casino, spa, trio of restaurants, and other extravagant amenities that accommodate the hundreds of guests on board.

You have time to gather and mingle with the guests.

Feel free to present your character.
We will start on Monday :)

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human ace pilot technomancer 1.1 | SP 6/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | 1st 1/3 ,spell cache (Ancient Coin), theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

Mic'al walks around looking at all the fancy stuff. "Now this is what I'm talking about." Dressed in rough leathers, he sees the Casino and thinks I think I got time. And heads in.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarion 4 Theme Dragonblooded |SP 28/28 HP 30/32|RP 4/5 |EAC 20 KAC 21|Fort +4, Reflex +5, Will +3| Init +4 |Per -1 Speed 400

The Umbral Dawn is a handsome, arrogant looking Lashunta male wearing a red kimono with embroidered golden dragons. He looks around the pleasure yacht with a look of cool approval.

"Finally! A setting worthy of the Umbral Dawn's greatness."

The Lashunta strides through the casino floor, keeping his eye out for the most the attractive guests aboard the ship.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

| SP 9/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12 KAC 13 CMD 32; Cold Resist 5 | Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5; +1 vs. radiation effects | Init +1 | Perception +10 (Low-Light & Darkvision 60ft; Blindsense: Scent 30ft) | Active Effects: Radiation Badge, | Active Spells: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Active (1 day remaining) | Male Vlaka (Tempered Pilgrim) Mystic (Empath) 2 / Skyfire Centurian

Unlike the other two Starfinders who immediately depart their society vessel to go exploring the sights and distractions of the luxurious ship, Talisman of Harmony, traveling with his rarely-speaking brother, Dreams of Those Passed, seem to prefer a more modest approach. The two wolf-like vlakas, dressed in their Skyfire Legion chaplain uniforms, seek out one of the restaurants to acquire food with high protein content and drinks they can carry with them as they take a walking tour around the vessel, more curious about the sorts of people who would fly off into the Vast on an undead media mogul's cruise liner than in games or spa treatments.

Two quick notes to my fellow players now that I'm finally caught up and ready to play: 1 - I have GM'd this scenario several times but never played it, so my character will always take a back seat for strategic decisions. That said, during combat he'll be just fine, and feel free to ask him to do anything you'd like. 2 - Vlaka get bonuses to the "aid another" action, and you also get bonuses for aiding a Vlaka with skill checks. Just wanted to throw that out there. I'm looking forward to RPing with all of you!


Map #1-09 (The Temple) Chase Rules & Buggy

After a while, one of Zo!’s skeletal assistants intercepts and escorts you to the production studio on Decks 4 and 5.
The studio is a large, multi-tiered auditorium with an immense window that looks out over Salvation’s End. Dozens of professionals rush about the studio, adjusting lights, testing holographic displays, pulling clothes from wheeled wardrobes, cleaning the hundreds of tiered seats, and more. The elebrian mediamogul Zo! sits on the stage with the Starfinder Society’s First Seeker, Luwazi Elsebo, animatedly telling a story while Luwazi marvels at the ongoing activity.
When the First Seeker spots you, she waves for you to walk down the aisles and join them. Assistants immediately rush out with additional chairs to accommodate the new arrivals.

Zo! looking at you as you arrive, exclaims Yes. Yes! You’re everything I was hoping for!
Oh, Luwazi, you’ve truly outdone yourself. They’re so exciting, so energized, so ...

..alive? finishes a ghast woman wearing well-tailored clothing as she steps onto the stage.
Zo! frowns at the blunt observation and tries to respond, but Luwazi intervenes.
Starfinders, no doubt this is all happening a little fast, so let me explain. After the Scoured Stars incident, the Society struggled to support new expeditions. I reached out to numerous people and organizations for grant money, and our host was eager to help. He financed more than a dozen missions, including the one to Salvation’s End. There was one big catch.
Zo! visibly bounces in his seat with excitement as Luwazi continues. If we found anything especially exciting, we’d need to cease exploration long enough for him to get a film crew out there to document whatever we found next. Well, Salvation’s End may look like a moon, but our initial survey of it found there’s something built inside—the whole thing might be artificial. That qualifies as especially exciting, but that was also several months ago.

The skeletal mogul waves his hands. Oh, but Luwazi, I couldn’t just send a single crew. No, the Starfinder Society’s greatest triumph deserves far more production value. He hops up from his chair and gazes out at the moon as he paces and gesticulates. Imagine: heroes from the Pact World, a mysterious planetoid, untold secrets, limitless adventure—all broadcast before a live audience in our greatest production yet! He spins to look back at the group, his lipless mouth smiling gleefully. LIVE EXPLORATION EXTREME!

The ghast claps politely before interjecting. To translate, you’re scheduled to explore part of Salvation’s End accompanied by a professional camera crew and production team. You will find exciting things and be thoroughly entertaining. Any questions?

Zo! takes a moment to introduce Wazasha Kevir, the ghast woman, his associate producer who will accompany you during your jaunt to supervise the film crew and pace the event.

You can ask questions to the three of them

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human ace pilot technomancer 1.1 | SP 6/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | 1st 1/3 ,spell cache (Ancient Coin), theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

Being drug out of the casino Mik'al exclaims But, but I was about to start winning."

Upon reaching the meeting he starts tapping the assistant on the shoulder "That, thats ZO!. Wait whats going on. Is this one of those jump surprise shows? Am I being Gekked."

When he sees the First Seeker though, he knows this is a mission. He listens to the briefing and asks "Are we responsible for the safety of the film crew also?"


Map #1-09 (The Temple) Chase Rules & Buggy

Wazasha answers We are professional. Used to film in dangerous place. We will be responsible for our own security. Just be careful to not target the crew with your blast weapon or spells.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

| SP 9/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12 KAC 13 CMD 32; Cold Resist 5 | Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5; +1 vs. radiation effects | Init +1 | Perception +10 (Low-Light & Darkvision 60ft; Blindsense: Scent 30ft) | Active Effects: Radiation Badge, | Active Spells: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Active (1 day remaining) | Male Vlaka (Tempered Pilgrim) Mystic (Empath) 2 / Skyfire Centurian

Talisman nods to all of this, letting the others get their questions in first, although he does have two - one for the First Seeker and one for Wazasha. His words are slow, deliberate, and at all times, spoken in a highly respectful tone.

"First Seeker-rhya. Do we have any preliminary scans or data of the region we are heading to?"

"Wazasha-yuf. Is this the kind of show where we should act as though the cameras are not present? Or are we encouraged to 'interact' through the lens?"


Map #1-09 (The Temple) Chase Rules & Buggy

Luwazi explains I hired a team to perform a surface survey, and it was they who discovered a hatch that led much deeper into its interior. We also know that a tribe of goblins calling themselves the Exhaust Drinkers live on the surface, and we’ve clashed with them in the past. Most recently, we undertook a concerted effort to clear the tribe out from our landing facility on the moon’s surface. The moon’s gravity will feel about normal, but we’ve detected that the gravity is artificially maintained and even seems to reorient itself in some areas.
Unfortunately I don't know more. I hope you will.

Wazasha responds You will act as if our crew will not be present. We’ll be taking periodic breaks to make it easier for post-production to add advertisements,
and that will also give me a chance to provide further directions on-site.
When there will be no danger for you or us, we will do individual interview in the Booth to keep the show on track and give the audience a unique internal view of the event!
Nevertheless, remember that this is a show, for billion to see! It's best if you play a Role and keep it while we filming your exploration. Have your best smile ready.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human ace pilot technomancer 1.1 | SP 6/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | 1st 1/3 ,spell cache (Ancient Coin), theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

Mik'al claps his hands once "Well lets get to it then."


Map #1-09 (The Temple) Chase Rules & Buggy

Zo! clap in his hands too and says That's the spirit!

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarion 4 Theme Dragonblooded |SP 28/28 HP 30/32|RP 4/5 |EAC 20 KAC 21|Fort +4, Reflex +5, Will +3| Init +4 |Per -1 Speed 400

"I have several questions. First off, a heads up that we would be on television would have been appreciated Luwazi. I did not prepare for a public appearance. Zo, I will need someone to assist me with make up and hair before going on air."

Note that The Umbral Dawn's appearance is already impeccable and he even seems to be wearing a bit of makeup.

"Your crew may have their own security, but they will need to take our direction when danger arises. I can expect they will have no problems taking direction from us."

"As the most experienced Starfinder I will take point on any danger that we face. If you have any questions about the Starfinder Society or our exploration protocols, you may direct your questions to me. I will answer your queries to the best of my abilities."


Map #1-09 (The Temple) Chase Rules & Buggy

Luwazi says with a smile I was thinking that being invited at Zo!'s Examplarion will have been a sufficient clue for seasoned Starfinder's! The Society’s obligation involves the crew tagging along for just one big discovery.
Zo! looks to her with pleading eyes, and she continues. But we could renegotiate that if—if—it’s to the Society’s advantage.

Wazasha smiles widely at the Lashunta and says Of course, of course! One of the two teams that will tag along us is brought specifically for this goal! It's good to have someone understanding the need to be well prepare on a show.
She then adds, after irritably recoiling her 2-foot-long tongue back into her mouth The crew are professionals and their not authorized to take part of your exploration, nor help you or be an endurance for you.
They will obey your order as long as they it doesn't prevent them to do their job.

Exo-Guardians

Female Vesk Xenoseeker Envoy/Soldier 2/1 | SP 10/24, HP 25/25 | EAC 16, KAC 19 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +0 | Sense Motive +5+d6 | RP 4/5

Xenal stomps her way into the room, ducking her head sheepishly at her tardiness. She's a typically towering Vesk warrior in bulky plate, her matte green scales shot through with ribbons of gold and crimson where they stand revealed.

"A pleasure to meet you all, I am Xenal Doshbinder. I hope that today's mission will allow us to show the strength of mind and arms that the Pact Worlds may bring to bear when we stand united!"

She makes a lot of gestures with her hands as she talks, but despite the warm tone of her voice, she doesn't really smile. Then again, a face-full of fangs might not go with a friendly greeting anyways...


Map #1-09 (The Temple) Chase Rules & Buggy

After welcoming Xenal, Wazasha glances down at her wrist-mounted holoscreen and announces We’re an hour away from starting. Please, follow me.

She ushers you out of the auditorium toward a dressing room.
There she reviews the assignment and asks if you have the supplies you need. She calls in a squad of makeup artists to ensure that you are looking your best once any purchases are concluded.

You can buy equipment stored on the starship (armor, weapons, and equipment from the Starfinder Core Rulebook (up to item level 5) following the SFS rules for buying equipment.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human ace pilot technomancer 1.1 | SP 6/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | 1st 1/3 ,spell cache (Ancient Coin), theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

"I'm as ready as I'm gonna be."

Exo-Guardians

Female Vesk Xenoseeker Envoy/Soldier 2/1 | SP 10/24, HP 25/25 | EAC 16, KAC 19 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +0 | Sense Motive +5+d6 | RP 4/5

Xenal fusses slightly with the makeup artists. Too often smooth skins use dusts, paints and powders that only obscure the natural finish of her scales; far better to use gentle lacquers.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

| SP 9/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12 KAC 13 CMD 32; Cold Resist 5 | Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5; +1 vs. radiation effects | Init +1 | Perception +10 (Low-Light & Darkvision 60ft; Blindsense: Scent 30ft) | Active Effects: Radiation Badge, | Active Spells: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Active (1 day remaining) | Male Vlaka (Tempered Pilgrim) Mystic (Empath) 2 / Skyfire Centurian

Talisman nods and follows, also taking time to gauge his fellow teammates for the mission.

"I do not believe I have ventured into the stars with any of you before. I am Talisman-of-Harmony of the planet Lajok but more recently, the Skyfire Legion of Triaxus where I have served as a therapist and chaplain. Since we are fellow Starfinders, please, just call me Talisman. This is my brother, Dreams-of-those-Passed. He is more technologically inclined than I am, so if we are in need of expertise with computers, he may be able to assist...but he does not speak much. It is good to meet all of you."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarion 4 Theme Dragonblooded |SP 28/28 HP 30/32|RP 4/5 |EAC 20 KAC 21|Fort +4, Reflex +5, Will +3| Init +4 |Per -1 Speed 400

"Xenal, I approve of your strength, both in body and personality. Together we will crush anyone who stands against us!"

"Talisman, I am sure you and your brother will perform your duties satisfactorily. I am honored to serve with you."

THE Umbral Dawn makes sure to find one of the production assistants before going to make up, insisting that he has important "notes".

"I am known by many names. I have been called the Golden Dragon, or just the Dragon. Some have called me the Rainbow Warrior. And on a distant world in the vast I am called the Golden Hope of Dawn. But the name I am most commonly known by is THE Umbral Dawn. The THE is fully capitalized. Every. Single. Letter.

I will need you to make sure that you get that write in production. It's also important that anyone saying my name needs to think about it that way. If it not spoken like it is written, then it will not receive the gravitas that the name has earned."


Map #1-09 (The Temple) Chase Rules & Buggy

Wazasha seems quite eager to have such a persona on her set and quickly notice the production of THE Umbral Down demand.

Once everyone ready, they pile into a clean shuttle with Wazasha for the 15-minute voyage to the false moon’s surface. The camera crew and production team are waiting, and Wazasha use this opportunity to presents the two teams that will accompany the Starfinders in their exploration.
Team #1 is the production team, consisting of two ghouls, two androids, and a hexapodal robot, that carries refreshments, portable seats, makeup, the bubble projector, a pair of heavy-duty broadcast relays, and other equipment necessary to keep the operation running.
Wazasha explains they will stay out of the action for the most part and will be use between fights or discoveries and to be sure that everyone look at his best.
Team #2 is the camera team consisting of 10 ghouls bristling with holocord cameras, boom microphones, reflective screens to amplify natural lighting, and other equipment for properly recording your exploits in several multimedia broadcast formats.
Wazasha explains that they will be close to the action and even if they are professionals, they could be between you and your target.
As a result, the crew might periodically get in the PCs’ way. A PC can move through the crew as though it were difficult terrain, but a PC can’t end in the same space as the camera crew.

This time allows Zo!’s special effects team to play an opening montage to build the audience’s excitement!
If you are curious about the show, you can follow along on the local infosphere (connected to the Exemplarion), even seeing the overly dramatic renditions of your team's personal bios to introduce viewers to the show’s stars. THE Umbral Dawn will be happy to see that his name is well recorded as well as the many other name he gave Wazasha.

As you move along, you see several other Starfinders that are repairing the starship dock featured in Starfinder Society Scenario #1–00: Claim to Salvation. The dock is in the process of being retrofitted into a more permanent structure, and some of the Starfinder Society repair crew casually explain that the location might become a new lodge depending on the your findings. The repair crew can self-consciously guide the teams to a heavy hatch deeper in the facility, beyond which lie dark tunnels that lead deep below the surface.


Map #1-09 (The Temple) Chase Rules & Buggy

LIVE EXPLORATION EXTREME!
Will our Hero survived? What danger will they face? You will KNOW after ... that!
(... Add playing...)

A network of tunnels crisscrosses this outermost subsurface layer, providing avenues for creatures to move easily to what lies deeper inside. However, as you explore you find broken and incomplete robots and drones of unknown design at irregular intervals along the worn steel hallways.

Almost every light fixture is broken or malfunctioning, making the 15-foot-tall tunnels dark but for the occasional, haunting flicker of light from the distance. In the few places where it seems signage once hung, someone has purposefully defaced or removed the analog signs and torn out any digital displays.

Due to the poor lighting conditions, the camera crew turns on an array of bright set lights that several ghouls turn toward the action. This creates an area of bright light in a 30-foot radius around the camera crew, and the light level decreases to normal light for 30 feet beyond that.

A PC can convince the camera crew to turn down the light level in the affected area to normal or dim, though doing so requires either an Intimidate check as a move action or a Diplomacy check as a full action.

As a red light on Wazasha's bracelet flashes, Team#2 put the light on, and the ghoul starts asking question.
So, we are under the moon's surface what do you think these think were ? Do you think that another civilization have built these tunnels?

DC12 Computer or Engineering:
With a successful check, you can ascertain that the technological elements in these tunnels seem to be roughly comparable to Pact Worlds’ technology but are of a design never before documented.

DC16 Physical Science:
You can assess the moon’s geology from the places where the tunnels are damaged and the surrounding rocky matrix is visible; the rock appears to be natural, but there are signs of warping and buckling as though the moon has periodically experienced heavy forces such as strong gravitational forces or the large-scale movement of something large toward the moon’s core.

As you continue your exploration, farther down one of the tunnel you choose to follow you find a midden containing both refuse and excrement.

As the camera crew film the midden and the team going through it, with excitement only a Holovid professional can show Wazasha asks
What do you think about this? Is that a great discovery ?

DC10 Engineering:
You can determine that the trash consists largely of low-value technological scraps that might have been attached to something more valuable.

DC10 Life Science:
You can identify the ample excrement as having come from goblins.

DC14 Survival:
You can estimate that several creatures visited this midden within the past hour, and you can confidently follow the goblin tracks further down the tunnels.

Of course, you can lie about what you've found, but to be convincing you will need to succeed at a Bluff check !

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

| SP 9/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12 KAC 13 CMD 32; Cold Resist 5 | Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5; +1 vs. radiation effects | Init +1 | Perception +10 (Low-Light & Darkvision 60ft; Blindsense: Scent 30ft) | Active Effects: Radiation Badge, | Active Spells: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Active (1 day remaining) | Male Vlaka (Tempered Pilgrim) Mystic (Empath) 2 / Skyfire Centurian

Talisman nods to Dreams-of-Those-Passed, who will move over to silently assist any team member who seeks to work on the more technological investigations.

Ally aid-another tolls:
Computer or Engineering: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Physical Science: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Engineering: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

...wow! Needless to say, anyone attempting those checks gets a +2 from my ally boon!

Talisman, himself, squats down near the midden, only after picking up a stick or something else he can use to prod at it without touching anything himself.

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Lifting his snout away from the stench, he sighs a bit, addressing the cameras without looking directly into them. "There is equilibrium and balance of nature to be found in all environments, even tunnels and ruins such as this. Those who used this place to...relieve themselves...are either ignorant of this connection or wantonly ignore it. Either way, their carelessness results in tracks that, while being somewhat unsanitary, should prove extremely easy to follow."

He looks to his fellow Starfinders while drawing his Static Arc Pistol. "It also means that our approach may be noticed, and we should be on our guard."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human ace pilot technomancer 1.1 | SP 6/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | 1st 1/3 ,spell cache (Ancient Coin), theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

Life Science: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Examining the Refuse, Mik'al says "Goblins. They've been here, recently from the smells." Mik'al says drawing his pistol also.


Map #1-09 (The Temple) Chase Rules & Buggy

Mik'al is even able to recognize that some omnivorous creature about the size of a vesk was the source of another pile of refuse !

Wazasha says with excitement Wouha! Goblins you say? then turns to the camera and says with a very seriousness and a learned voice Goblins are goblinoid creatures originally from Golarion who dwell on the fringes of other societies, scavenging amongst their waste and building their society in squalor.

She turns the camera to Mik'al when he makes his discovery and micro in hand she asks him Another creature! the size of a VESK! What do you think it is? A new specy?

Without waiting for an answer she turns herself to the camera and says Mystery is what awaits the Starfinders, deeper into these dark tunnels..

The cameras crew, turns their equipment to the tunnels.

Exo-Guardians

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Vesk Xenoseeker Envoy/Soldier 2/1 | SP 10/24, HP 25/25 | EAC 16, KAC 19 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +0 | Sense Motive +5+d6 | RP 4/5

"It may be that we find a new species; we can only hope that they hold more wisdom in matters other than their-" she carefully steps around another midden pile "decoration..."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarion 4 Theme Dragonblooded |SP 28/28 HP 30/32|RP 4/5 |EAC 20 KAC 21|Fort +4, Reflex +5, Will +3| Init +4 |Per -1 Speed 400

Before heading out, THE Umbral Dawn will meditate to gain his sidereal influence bonus to Intimidate checks and will activate his solarion armor.

Upon hearing Talisman mention goblins, THE Umbral Dawn perks up and with a flourish draws his trusty pistol and baton. THE Umbral Dawn speaks to one of the cameras directly.

"Goblins are agents of chaos and decedence, but they are cowardly. They may try to befuddle us with traps and treachery, but if we move forward with the light of our virtue guarding us then they will quickly crumble before our might."

THE Umbral Dawn does not mind that the crew is bathing this hallway in light, but if someone more subtle and stealthy wants to scout, then they should speak up.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map #1-09 (The Temple) Chase Rules & Buggy

No one want to shine in front of the camera to take the lead on the other knowledge rolls? Talisman's ally have only made aid rolls, so for now, nobody knows about what the other spoilers

Wazasha says It seems that the Starfinders don't know much about computer and engineering! Do the legendary knowledge of Starfinders are false? To tell the truth, I'm quite disappointed!
How will they know if they found something very special !?
she turns towards the camera and says, pointing at the camera with her long fingernail
But may be YOU in the audience will know!
Call 555-555-000 to vote! Its only 1c/s and you will be able to gain a special gift from Zo! Entertainment if you guess right!

Exo-Guardians

Female Vesk Xenoseeker Envoy/Soldier 2/1 | SP 10/24, HP 25/25 | EAC 16, KAC 19 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +0 | Sense Motive +5+d6 | RP 4/5

Xenal only has Life Science :-/

Xenal guffaws despite Wazasha's insulting words, barely keeping a threatening smile from her face.

"Now Wazasha, we wouldn't want to be too hasty, would we? This is an opportunity to uncover all kinds of new discoveries. Surely you wouldn't want to rush our most learned agents and have misinformation spread across your feeds?!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (20) + 8 + (4) = 32

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human ace pilot technomancer 1.1 | SP 6/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | 1st 1/3 ,spell cache (Ancient Coin), theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

Computers: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Physical Science: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Engineering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Looking over to the camera. "I didn't say that was all the info." Pointing over to the technological equipment."This is comparable to what we have in the pack worlds, but the design in different. And look at the rock here." He say walking over to a section of wall. "It's natural rock but this shows signs of warping. Like some gravitational force bent the rock, or something large moving near the planets core."


Map #1-09 (The Temple) Chase Rules & Buggy

@Mik'al you forget to add +2 to your roll thanks to Talisman's ally ;-)

Wazasha the ghoul smiles at Xenal Of course ! I'm glad you step up to be the voice of the team.

and when Mik'al starts explaining what was going on, she turns the micro to him and the camera.

So, YOU are the expert Mik'al, Right? I know the Starfinders are a team. How better to have a brain as a partner when Muscle are all around! she listen to him and says So, not more advance than our technology but different. Quite interesting indeed!
How many of our follower have guess right?
You will know it after THAT.

The light goest off and Wazasha quickly make sure that the Starfinder are in their best, offering refreshments and making sure their make-up is perfect.

You're perfect guys! Keep up the good work, tomorrow you will be Star!

Wazasha's bracelet flashes again and the crew get back to their place, getting ready to the next part.

You continue down the tunnels and an explosion shakes the walls and echoes from ahead !
All the cameras turns to you to record your reaction !

Exo-Guardians

Female Vesk Xenoseeker Envoy/Soldier 2/1 | SP 10/24, HP 25/25 | EAC 16, KAC 19 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +0 | Sense Motive +5+d6 | RP 4/5

Xenal whips the pike from her back, and readies herself in an action hero's pose for anything that might follow the explosion. Turning over her shoulder she said to the crew, "Stay behind us. We'll keep you safe while we figure this out."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

| SP 9/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12 KAC 13 CMD 32; Cold Resist 5 | Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5; +1 vs. radiation effects | Init +1 | Perception +10 (Low-Light & Darkvision 60ft; Blindsense: Scent 30ft) | Active Effects: Radiation Badge, | Active Spells: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Active (1 day remaining) | Male Vlaka (Tempered Pilgrim) Mystic (Empath) 2 / Skyfire Centurian

Talisman gives his brother, and Mik'al, a subtle thumb's up and smile when no cameras are watching, then takes up position in the middle of the group...reaching out with a clawed hand to steady himself against a tunnel wall when the world shakes around them. He turns and makes a few quick motions in vlaka sign language to his brother, who as a noncombatant nods and fades far to the rear, as Talisman speaks softly to the others.

"We know not what caused that or what sort of environment may lay ahead. Might I recommend that those of us who require air to sustain us consider activating our armors' environmental protections, just in case?"

Regardless of what the others decide, the mystic will do just that, then proceed once the rest of the team is ready.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human ace pilot technomancer 1.1 | SP 6/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | 1st 1/3 ,spell cache (Ancient Coin), theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

Taking Talismans advice Mik'al activates his environmental protections also, and signals he is ready.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarion 4 Theme Dragonblooded |SP 28/28 HP 30/32|RP 4/5 |EAC 20 KAC 21|Fort +4, Reflex +5, Will +3| Init +4 |Per -1 Speed 400

THE Umbral Dawn fears nothing.

THE Umbral Dawn considers saying something snarky at Talisman's suggestion, then with a frown he taps a few buttons on his wrist. A force field of shimmering golden particles surrounds the exposed parts of his outfit, including a bubble around his head. Turning to the cameras, THE Umbral Dawn says,

"I have been in similar situations before, and while I do not believe that it will be necessary to activate our protections so early; I am choosing to activate them so that the less hardened members of our group do not feel too proud to use them."

THE Umbral Dawns continues to press forward into the darkness, leading from the front.


Map #1-09 (The Temple) Chase Rules & Buggy

Initiative:

Init, Talisma: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Init, THE: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Init, Mik’al: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Init, Xenal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Init, Gob: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Init, Spic: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

As you continue down the tunnel, it gives way to a blown up place. Several space goblin bodies lie around a hole in a metallic wall from witch a form emerges looking like a six-legged armadillo with compound eyes, iridescent banded armor plates, heavy digging claws, and a pair of rasping tongues.

Life Science DC19 (rare creature):
This creature is a banded spicydranth. This is neutral magical beast.
You have one question +1/5 more you beat the DC

Special Rules:
-This is bright light around 30ft. of the camera crew (represented by the yellow circle around them. You can convince the camera crew to turn down the light level in the affected area to normal or dim, though doing so requires either a DC 13 Intimidate check as a move action or a DC 13 Diplomacy check as a full action.
- To be a Hero, you can accept a –4 penalty on a skill check to use the skill in some overly flashy or clever way that impresses viewers. This skill must be one for which yours deed is easily observable and for which there’s real risk, so getting away with an absurd lie or back- flipping past a goblin would qualify, but recalling an obscure fact probably wouldn’t.
- Remember, you're on camera, so SMILE! ;-)

The creature seems quite annoyed by all the ruckus and seems ready to bite anyone !

Action Music Playing

Round #1
THE Umbral Dawn
Xenal
?
Talisman
Mik'al
?

Exo-Guardians

Female Vesk Xenoseeker Envoy/Soldier 2/1 | SP 10/24, HP 25/25 | EAC 16, KAC 19 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +0 | Sense Motive +5+d6 | RP 4/5

Life Science (Theme Knowledge): 1d20 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 5 = 17 Rats!

Xenal brandished her pike and strode forward. "Don't let its size deceive you! That thing just burrowed through solid metal! If it gets closer, bring it down!" Get 'Em!

AoO if necessary:
AoO: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 = 26
Piercing: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

| SP 9/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12 KAC 13 CMD 32; Cold Resist 5 | Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5; +1 vs. radiation effects | Init +1 | Perception +10 (Low-Light & Darkvision 60ft; Blindsense: Scent 30ft) | Active Effects: Radiation Badge, | Active Spells: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Active (1 day remaining) | Male Vlaka (Tempered Pilgrim) Mystic (Empath) 2 / Skyfire Centurian

My compliments to the GM on that - I put music to all my SFS games these days, since some of my players bought me a bluetooth speaker after Gen Con 2018 heh.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarion 4 Theme Dragonblooded |SP 28/28 HP 30/32|RP 4/5 |EAC 20 KAC 21|Fort +4, Reflex +5, Will +3| Init +4 |Per -1 Speed 400

THE Umbral Dawn dashes forward, brandishing his pistol and baton.

Activates phton mode, gaining 1 attunement point.

"Hold the line!

Pistol: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 1 = 21
Piercing, magic: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Map #1-09 (The Temple) Chase Rules & Buggy

The poor beast is wounded by THE Umbral Dawn bullet and seems even more angry!

But, a goblins appears from behind the creature, slapping it encouragingly with the flats of his dogslicers then fires his makeshift's pistol at Xenal

unstable scrapshot pistol vs KAC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damages, P: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The goblin's shot bounces ineffectively on Xenal's armor !

Action Music Playing

Round #1 (bold may act)
THE Umbral Dawn
Xenal
Goblin
Talisman
Mik'al

?

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human ace pilot technomancer 1.1 | SP 6/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | 1st 1/3 ,spell cache (Ancient Coin), theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

Life Science: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Well that didn't work.

Taking aim at the big shelled creature Mik'al Shoots.

azimuth laser pistol vs EAC: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

| SP 9/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12 KAC 13 CMD 32; Cold Resist 5 | Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5; +1 vs. radiation effects | Init +1 | Perception +10 (Low-Light & Darkvision 60ft; Blindsense: Scent 30ft) | Active Effects: Radiation Badge, | Active Spells: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Active (1 day remaining) | Male Vlaka (Tempered Pilgrim) Mystic (Empath) 2 / Skyfire Centurian

Talisman doesn't have the skill set to try and determine what that creature is, but he will try to mentally reach out to it nonetheless through his empathetic connection granted to him by Sarenrae.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
DC 20 or 10 + its Bluff (whichever is higher)

By gazing at the creature, Talisman may be able to learn something!

Empathy ability description for GM's convenience:
Empathy (Su) - As a full-round action, attempt a Sense Motive check vs. a creature (DC 20 or 10 + Bluff modifier). If successful, learn its general disposition and attitude toward creatures within 30 feet of it, gain a +2 circumstance bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, and Sense Motive vs. target for 1 hour. Take -2 vs mind-affecting effects for 1 minute after using this ability.


Map #1-09 (The Temple) Chase Rules & Buggy

Talisman senses that the creature is not totally controlled by the goblin and could certainly be tamed once badly wounded and no goblin around.

Mik'al misses but something strange happens, the creature glows and absorbs the energy of the shot! But nothing goes on as the creature seems too slow to react.

The creature moves and Xenal is able to plunge his pike deep into the creature's flesh.

Claw vs Xenal KAC: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Damages, S: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

The creature cut deep into the Vesk's armor in response !

The camera's crew move closer to the fight, as Wazasha comments
Ouch! That's must be hurting! Will the Voice will be shut down?
Someone will die for sure! But my bet is on the goblin first.

Action Music Playing

Round #2 (bold may act)
THE Umbral Dawn
Xenal
(-11SP)
Goblin
Talisman
Mik'al
Six legged armadillo (-19HP)

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

| SP 9/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12 KAC 13 CMD 32; Cold Resist 5 | Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5; +1 vs. radiation effects | Init +1 | Perception +10 (Low-Light & Darkvision 60ft; Blindsense: Scent 30ft) | Active Effects: Radiation Badge, | Active Spells: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Active (1 day remaining) | Male Vlaka (Tempered Pilgrim) Mystic (Empath) 2 / Skyfire Centurian

Talisman calls out (combat banter - free action out of turn), "Focus on the goblin! We may be able to tame the creature then!"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarion 4 Theme Dragonblooded |SP 28/28 HP 30/32|RP 4/5 |EAC 20 KAC 21|Fort +4, Reflex +5, Will +3| Init +4 |Per -1 Speed 400

Photon Attuned 2 points

THE Umbral Dawn drops his pistol and baton to the ground and begins running towards the goblin. As he rushes past the bug, the lashunta jumps over to the surface of the wall and runs along side of the wall then somersaulting off the wall and lands in front of the goblin. As he runs, THE Umbral Dawns pulls the rainbow colored ribbon that ties his hair in a bun on top of his head. His long black hair unfurls as he wraps the ribbon around his fist. With a flick of the wrist, the long ribbon begins to glow red hot with plasma.

HEROIC Acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 - 4 + 13 ⇒ (7) - 4 + 13 = 16

Plasma Ribbon: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Plasma, 1/2 Fire, 1/2 Electricity: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7

Next round he is going to be ready to explode!

Exo-Guardians

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Vesk Xenoseeker Envoy/Soldier 2/1 | SP 10/24, HP 25/25 | EAC 16, KAC 19 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +0 | Sense Motive +5+d6 | RP 4/5

"The goblins will not speak to this beast as I can."

Keeping her pike between the armadillo and the rest of her team, Xenal looked it carefully in the eyes and began to speak. "We do not need to be enemies. Soon the small ones who torment you shall fall. All you have to do is stand aside and return to your home, and we will leave you in peace."
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 8 + (2) = 20 Xenal has wildwise, so she's able to communicate with animals and magical beasts with animal-like intellect


Map #1-09 (The Temple) Chase Rules & Buggy

In a very flashy way THE Umbral Dawn tries to bypass the creature and even if he's unable to hear his new fan cheering he senses that the audience have made him their new HERO!

Except, except that the creature don't see it that way and find nothing heroic in the lashunta's move and tries to bit him.

Reaction (AoO vs KAC): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Damages, S: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

But certainly blinded by the colorful move, the creature bites its own tongues at the joy of the THE Umbral Dawn's fan !

Wazasha asks in her comlink the technical team to repass the passage in slow motion for the viewers.

Dominating the goblin, the lashunta found easily a default in his makeshift armor and burn quite easily the goblin.

Not fair big legs, not fair. It hurts! the goblin squeals !

The six-legged armadillo looks at the Voice, and somehow understand it ! He turns his head toward the goblin, who looks at it with big eyes and the creature is not yet ready to surrender !
don't worry, I keep your roll in mind

Wazasha says turning to the audience Look! He's really the VOICE of the Starfinder, even creatures could understand him! What a team Fans, what... a... team.[/b]

The goblins takes a guarded step to get out of the Lashunta's reach and shoots !

Unstable scrapshot pistol vs KAC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damages, P: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

But he misses ! Eh! Not fair, you need to be hurt like me! Stop moving!!! he squeals .

Action Music Playing

Round #2 (bold may act)
THE Umbral Dawn
Xenal (-11SP)
Goblin (-7HP)
Talisman
Mik'al

Six legged armadillo (-19HP)

Exo-Guardians

Female Vesk Xenoseeker Envoy/Soldier 2/1 | SP 10/24, HP 25/25 | EAC 16, KAC 19 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +0 | Sense Motive +5+d6 | RP 4/5

Xenal turns around at Wazasha's narration, gesturing to the bright ribbons of color that decorate her scales. **cough**"She's really the VOICE."

Warmbloods. If you don't have mammaries flapping in the wind they can't tell the difference.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

| SP 9/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12 KAC 13 CMD 32; Cold Resist 5 | Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5; +1 vs. radiation effects | Init +1 | Perception +10 (Low-Light & Darkvision 60ft; Blindsense: Scent 30ft) | Active Effects: Radiation Badge, | Active Spells: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Active (1 day remaining) | Male Vlaka (Tempered Pilgrim) Mystic (Empath) 2 / Skyfire Centurian

Talisman will move up behind Xenal, drawing his arc pistol (by default, set to stun) along the way. Almost apologetically, he'll say, "Pardon me" to the lady vesk, as he takes a shot at the goblin!

Static Arc Pistol: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 vs. EAC (but I'm pretty sure the goblin has cover)
Nonlethal Electricity Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human ace pilot technomancer 1.1 | SP 6/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | 1st 1/3 ,spell cache (Ancient Coin), theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

Moving up behind Talisman and Xenal to get a better shot at the goblin Mik'al takes aim and fires.

azimuth laser pistol vs EAC:: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

1 to 50 of 124 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [GD VIII] Fate of the Scoured God (Tier 7-8) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.