WIFC Playtest: Doomsday Dawn - The Lost Star (Inactive)

Game Master Chris Marsh

Tactical Map | Handouts

Quick Posts:

Perception:
[dice=Longmoor]d20+5[/dice] (+2 v. Stonework, Darkvision)
[dice=Zakreal]d20+4[/dice] (Lowlight Vision)
[dice=Maalit]d20+2[/dice] (Lowlight Vision)
[dice=Seelah]d20+2[/dice]

Initiative:
Longmoor: [dice=Prcp +5, Stl +]d20[/dice]
Zakreal: [dice=Prcp +4, Stl +4]d20[/dice]
Maalit: [dice=Prcp +2, Stl +]d20[/dice]
Seelah: [dice=Prcp +2, Stl +]d20[/dice]

Default Exploration Mode:
Seelah: Defending!
Longmoor: [dice=Searching]d20+5[/dice] (+2 v. Stone)
Maalit: Detecting Magic
Zakreal: [dice=Searching]d20+4[/dice]


1 to 50 of 294 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Arcane Mark here


Male Human Consultant/19

Dot


Gnome Evoker 1 HP 16/16 | AC 9 Tch 9 | F+3 R+1 W+3 | Perc +2

here


Male Human Consultant/19

So... Matt is making a wizard. What about everyone else?
I'd not mind trying out a Ranger, or a Sorcerer, or a Cleric.


Gnome Evoker 1 HP 16/16 | AC 9 Tch 9 | F+3 R+1 W+3 | Perc +2

going to try something I know pretty well. Even Jeff doesn't mind the way I play a wizard.


Ranger 4 (HP: 50/50) | AC: 21, TAC: 18 | Perception +7, F: +5, R: +9, W: +7 | Resonance: 3/3 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Benedict the Bear (HP: 28/36) | AC: 17, TAC: 17 | Perception +5, F: +5, R: +5, W: +5

A noble elf, bow in hand, stands ready.


Cleric (Cayden Cailean) 1 (HP: 19/20) | AC: 16, TAC: 13 | Perception +5 (+7 Stonecunning), Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Will: +6 | Resonance: 3/3 | Hero Points: 3/3

Hi, I'm here now you're all welcome


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

In 4718 AR—later this year—a rare planetary conjunction, in combination with the power of ancient artifacts erected in the desert kingdom of Osirion thousands of years ago, will create a massive portal between Golarion and the hostile planet of Aucturn, at the far edge of the solar system. If this portal appears, it will allow the ravenous aliens of the Dominion of the Black to harvest brains from the peoples of the Inner Sea region on a devastating scale and provide an opportunity for a nascent entity of great power awakening from eons-long gestation to feast upon the world of Golarion. Fortunately, hints of this imminent apocalypse have emerged from the sands of time over the past decade, affording a desperate chance to avert this doom. These hints and clues have become known as the Aucturn Enigma, and unless multiple groups of heroes rise to the challenge of opposing this catastrophe, it could destroy one world forever while simultaneously creating another.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Doomsday Dawn
The Lost Star
Current Year: 4707

You have been contacted by a friend of yours, Keleri Deverin.

She sent you a letter that instantly grabbed your attention:

Letter:

Dearest Friend,

I have a problem. Just a week ago, I received an invitation from my cousin Kendra, mayor of the nearby town of Sandpoint, to attend that town’s upcoming Swallowtail Festival. With the festival’s focus on the consecration of Sandpoint’s new cathedral, I hoped to bring a family heirloom, the Star of Desna, to receive a blessing, but as I prepared for her trip, an unexpected complication arose.

When I entered the old vault beneath the family estate to retrieve the star from storage, I found the chamber in total disarray. Chests lay smashed about the room, shelves were knocked over, and worst of all, the steel lockbox containing the Star of Desna was missing. The source of the robbery was made evident by a gaping hole in the center of the floor, leading down into the sewers, and sewage stains in the shape of goblin footprints leading out of it.

Enraged, I lashed out at the now-empty shelves and ruined containers, only to find that I was not alone. A quiet whimpering came from behind a partially collapsed armoire. Investigating, I found a lone goblin, wounded and wretched. I demanded answers about my stolen heirlooms, but the goblin only began howling in greater terror and begged for mercy. My rage subsided, and I asked the goblin what had frightened her so.

The goblin introduced herself as Talga and explained that her tribe, the Mudchewer tribe, had been enslaved by a brutish hobgoblin named Drakus the Taker, who was forcing members of her tribe to dig into vaults and basements all around town to rob longshanks of loot and treasure. Those who refused were taken away, only to have their blood-drained bodies put on display as a warning to the other goblins. Immediately after the robbery on the my basement, Talga and a few other desperate goblins rebelled, but they were cut down and slaughtered. Only Talga survived by retreating up to the Deverin vault and hiding.

Now with no home and nearly paralyzed with fear over the fate of her fellow goblins under Drakus’s increasingly violent rule, Talga became desperate. She begged me to send adventurers to her old lair, a complex called the Ashen Ossuary that was accessible via the Magnimar sewers. She promised to sketch a map of the lair and to lead me and anyone who might help to the entrance, and vowed that in return she would work to spread the word among other goblin tribes in the sewers that longshanks are friendly.

While I was sympathetic to the tale, I am a scholar, not an adventurer. However, I know you, and a few others. I hope that by calling upon allies we can not only recover my stolen heirloom, but perhaps even start a new diplomatic alliance between Magnimar and one of its most notorious antagonists.

I've included directions to the Ossuary. Good luck my friend.

Sincerely,

Keleri Deverin

Indeed, you've made your way there, and now stand ready to enter....


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Map updated. Place your pogs. Once you've placed your pogs and made a Perception check, we will have officially begun.

The damp sewer passages have led to a slimy cistern that stinks of decay. On the northern edge of this circular chamber lies a pile of burnt bones in front of a scorched tunnel.


Gnome Evoker 1 HP 16/16 | AC 9 Tch 9 | F+3 R+1 W+3 | Perc +2

Maliit (Molly-et or Molly-eh haven't settled on which one yet) is ever so excited to be on his first adventure. He grips his staff and makes sure everything is in place. with a flick of the wrist and a flourish, a pale blue point of light appear on the end of his staff. casting light He takes a quick look around the cavern:

perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


Ranger 4 (HP: 50/50) | AC: 21, TAC: 18 | Perception +7, F: +5, R: +9, W: +7 | Resonance: 3/3 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Benedict the Bear (HP: 28/36) | AC: 17, TAC: 17 | Perception +5, F: +5, R: +5, W: +5

Zakrael holds his shortbow firmly, a weapon he crafted for himself many moons ago. A bowyer by trade, and one who has traveled throughout Varisia to sell his fine bows, the elf had long ago learned that friends come in all shapes and sizes. So it was with the Deverin family, who have always been kind to him. Keleri's tale of goblins though... that was something new. Zakrael immediately agreed to help, an impulsive move for one of his race.

Snapping out his reverie, the elf scanned the chamber.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Cleric (Cayden Cailean) 1 (HP: 19/20) | AC: 16, TAC: 13 | Perception +5 (+7 Stonecunning), Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Will: +6 | Resonance: 3/3 | Hero Points: 3/3

Longmoor sniffs at the air, then drags a thick boot heel across the grimy floor, a look of obvious and abject annoyance sweeping across his face. He sighs. A mission from Sandpoint. Goblins. A pile of... what are those, unidentified mystery remains in a sewer filled with with wet brown stuff? What could possibly go wrong? Only everything.

He flicks the thick film that has accumulated on his boot, then casts a quick glance at his companions before squinting his Dwarven eyes to peer into the darkness ahead of him. "Well. Here we are. I guess. Better get this taken care of," he grumbles quietly.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
+2 Stonecunning if necessary


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Botting Seelah: Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

As you look around the room a digusting slime begins moving towards you! It's an amorphous masses of sewage and other detritus.

The ooze moves in and releases a torrent of filth and slime, hitting all all of you! You each take Acid DMG: 1d4 ⇒ 1 and are hampered 10 feet for 1 minute. Unless you succeed at a DC 15 Reflex save (no damage or hampered on a success, and a character additionally falls prone on a critical failure). An affected creature can clean off the muck as an Interact action, reducing the hampered condition by 5 feet with each action.

Round 1:
Ooze: Double stride, Wave of Filth
Zakreal: Go
Maalit: Go
Longmoor: Go
Seelah: Go


Gnome Evoker 1 HP 16/16 | AC 9 Tch 9 | F+3 R+1 W+3 | Perc +2

reflex save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Maliit dodges most of the slime. He reaches out with his arcane power and launches a loose stone at the slime.

telekinetic projectile: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
blunt damage: 1d10 ⇒ 6
Let me know if I didn't do this right. I'm treating this as a trained ranged attack


Ranger 4 (HP: 50/50) | AC: 21, TAC: 18 | Perception +7, F: +5, R: +9, W: +7 | Resonance: 3/3 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Benedict the Bear (HP: 28/36) | AC: 17, TAC: 17 | Perception +5, F: +5, R: +5, W: +5

Reflex save (Zak): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Reflex save (Ben): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Both the elf and his trusty young bear take the brunt of the filth, acid burning holes in their skin. The poor bear howls.

"Benedict, get it! Bite! Claw!" Zakrael commands Command an Animal, which gives the animal 2 actions

The bear does its best, growling as it attacks.
Strike (Bite): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage (Bite): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Strike (Claw): 1d20 + 4 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 5 = 10
Claw (Bite): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Cursing, the ranger then steps out of reach. Step action
He focuses the creature in his minds eye, mentally dissecting the thing. Hunt Target


Cleric (Cayden Cailean) 1 (HP: 19/20) | AC: 16, TAC: 13 | Perception +5 (+7 Stonecunning), Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Will: +6 | Resonance: 3/3 | Hero Points: 3/3

Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
"Ugh! I knew it. I knew it. I knew it. I knew it. Will someone pop this snot bubble?"

A lifetime of cynicism, paranoia, and bad luck can oft make a miserable traveling companion. However, as Longmoor's companions will soon realize, a life of paranoia also yields a life of preparedness. Reflexively, Longmoor grasps Seelah by her shoulder, casting guidance. "Go get 'em, sweetheart."

"Guh!" Longmoor quickly slings some of the acidic, viscous material from his chainmail.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Zakreal takes action, sending his bear in. Both tooth and claw find purchase, and tear the slime apart a bit.

Maalit's spell is off target, which is hard to do against such a slow moving foe.

Longmoor gird Seelah for combat while beginning to scrape off the entangling goo!

Round 1:
Ooze: Double stride, Wave of Filth
Zakreal: Prep and command
Maalit: Miss
Longmoor: Spell
Seelah: Go

DM:

Sewer Slime: 10


Seelah takes a quick step forward, engaging with the oose Step action

With her longword ready, she swings at the thing! Strike action
Strike (Longsword): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damage (Longsword): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Anticipating a counterattack, she braces her shield for any oncoming blow. Raise a Shield action


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Seelah steps up and scores an easy hit on the simple ooze! The damage begins to show as it struggles to stay together. A pair of attacks like that and it'll likely discorporate.

The ooze pushes out a pseudopod at Seelah's gut with rather surprising speed. ATK: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 for DMG: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 and Acid: 1d4 ⇒ 3!

It then lashes out at Benedict! ATK: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 5 = 13 for DMG: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 and Acid: 1d4 ⇒ 3

It then moves away a bit.

Round 2:
Ooze: Pseudopod
Zakreal: Go
Maalit: Go
Longmoor: Go
Seelah: Go

DM:

Sewer Slime: 19


Gnome Evoker 1 HP 16/16 | AC 9 Tch 9 | F+3 R+1 W+3 | Perc +2

The gnome tries a different approach. He moves past the ranger (stride) and weaves a spell as flames come gushing out of his hands (burning hands)

burning hands (reflex 15 for 1/2): 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5


Ranger 4 (HP: 50/50) | AC: 21, TAC: 18 | Perception +7, F: +5, R: +9, W: +7 | Resonance: 3/3 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Benedict the Bear (HP: 28/36) | AC: 17, TAC: 17 | Perception +5, F: +5, R: +5, W: +5

"Benedict, keep it busy!" Command an Animal

The bear moves forward, swiping at the thing with its claws Stride, Work Together actions

Zakrael then lets loose with two arrows! Strike, Strike
Strike (Shortbow): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage (Shortbow+Work Together): 1d6 + 1d8 ⇒ (2) + (5) = 7
Strike (Shortbow): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Damage (Shortbow+Work Together): 1d6 + 1d8 ⇒ (2) + (5) = 7


Cleric (Cayden Cailean) 1 (HP: 19/20) | AC: 16, TAC: 13 | Perception +5 (+7 Stonecunning), Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Will: +6 | Resonance: 3/3 | Hero Points: 3/3

Longmoor stares at the elf with incredulity.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Zakrael and Benedict work together to tear into the ooze. It's not destroyed yet, so Maliit sends a fan of flame its way REF: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8.

When the flames dissipate, there isn't much left. But what's left is still moving!

Round 2:
Ooze: Pseudopod
Zakreal: Hits
Maalit: Fire
Longmoor: Go
Seelah: Go

DM:

Sewer Slime: 38


Retributive Strike
Strike (Longsword): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Damage (Longsword): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Cleric (Cayden Cailean) 1 (HP: 19/20) | AC: 16, TAC: 13 | Perception +5 (+7 Stonecunning), Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Will: +6 | Resonance: 3/3 | Hero Points: 3/3

With equal parts determination and disgust, Longmoor positions himself near Bear while double-checking the slowly dissolving pile of noxious liquid. Summoning divine energy, he casts Forbidding Ward on Seelah and the beast, hoping to steel her against another attack from the creature. "Don't worry lads and lasses, healing is on the way!" he shouts.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

I have to retcon.

As the pseudopod lashes out, Seelah seizes the opening and slashes HARD. After it backs away Zakrael and Maalit combine to end the ooze!

Out of combat.


Gnome Evoker 1 HP 16/16 | AC 9 Tch 9 | F+3 R+1 W+3 | Perc +2

Maliit will take a few moments and look around the area.


Ranger 4 (HP: 50/50) | AC: 21, TAC: 18 | Perception +7, F: +5, R: +9, W: +7 | Resonance: 3/3 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Benedict the Bear (HP: 28/36) | AC: 17, TAC: 17 | Perception +5, F: +5, R: +5, W: +5

The elf quickly moves to his trusty companion to look over his wounds. "Oh, poor Benny. You're so brave though," Zakrael gingerly pets the bear. Zak is 15/16, Benny is 6/15


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Maalit looks about the room, and finds nothing of note. It appears the passage heads deeper into the unknown.


Cleric (Cayden Cailean) 1 (HP: 19/20) | AC: 16, TAC: 13 | Perception +5 (+7 Stonecunning), Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Will: +6 | Resonance: 3/3 | Hero Points: 3/3

Flicking the last remnants of ooze from his vestments and mail, Longmoor steps to Benedict and lays a soothing hand on his acid-scorched fur. "All will be mended, noble beast. Cayden Cailean! Pour out your blessings upon this creature so that he may once again be made whole and defend your servants in battle!"

Golden light radiates from Longmoor's hand and Benedict is healed for Heal(Channel): 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

"And what of these bones?" Longmoor inquires.


Ranger 4 (HP: 50/50) | AC: 21, TAC: 18 | Perception +7, F: +5, R: +9, W: +7 | Resonance: 3/3 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Benedict the Bear (HP: 28/36) | AC: 17, TAC: 17 | Perception +5, F: +5, R: +5, W: +5

Zakrael marvels as Benedict's wounds close. The bear, for its part, licks Longmoors hand as a way of saying 'thank you'.

"The Lucky Drunk favours you! Amazing!"

The ranger finally realizes the curious gnome is looking up the next passage. To Seelah he says, "Care to lead? Benedict and my bow have you covered."


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

The bones seem to be mostly animal bones. It looks like this area is the garbage heap for goblins.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Default Exploration Mode:
Seelah: Defending! Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Longmoor: Searching: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 (+2 v. Stone)
Maalit: Detecting Magic Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Zakreal: Searching: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

The walls of this long chamber are scorched dark, and the thick layers of soot crusting to the ceiling above attest to the tremendous fire that must have raged through this room in the past. Burial niches in the walls and the row of central pillars contain only fragments of burnt wood and charred bone.

In the northern end of the room are a small group of goblins. These goblins are hard at work building a 10-foot-tall statue of a goblin out of garbage, mud, twine, and bits and pieces of wood. The task isn’t going well—the haphazardly constructed statue keeps collapsing under its own weight—but the goblins don’t let this bother them.

Not being stealthy, they turn as Seelah enters the poorly lit room.

"LONGSHANKS!" Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Round 1:
Longmoor: Go
Maalit: Go
Seelah: Go

Goblins: TBD
Zakrael: TBD

Grand Lodge

Spell Pool: 2/2 | Resonance: 3/3 | Hero Points: 1/1 Paladin 1 (HP: 9/23) | AC: 16, TAC: 13 (Shield for +2) | Perception +2, F: +3, R: +2, W: +3 |

Light! cries the Paladin, her shield raised before her face. I cannot fight what I cannot see!

Seelah will Delay.


Cleric (Cayden Cailean) 1 (HP: 19/20) | AC: 16, TAC: 13 | Perception +5 (+7 Stonecunning), Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Will: +6 | Resonance: 3/3 | Hero Points: 3/3

Goblins everywhere. This day just keeps getting better, Longmoor thinks to himself after imbuing Zakreal with Guidance. Capitalizing on his ancestral Darkvision, he moves past Seelah and steals a glance at their opposition, shouting back to the others. "There are four goblins in to our right, at the back of the cave! They're probably forty or fifty feet away, and we've got stone pillars everywhere!" He positions himself with the flat of his back against the nearest pillar, ready to peek around again when the moment presents itself.


Gnome Evoker 1 HP 16/16 | AC 9 Tch 9 | F+3 R+1 W+3 | Perc +2

moving forward to provide like to the humans, Maliit, realizes he can see them plain as day.

he pulls at the arcane energy around him and hurtles a stone at the mites

tele Projectile: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
damage to black?: 1d10 ⇒ 10


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Longmoor grants some divine potency while striding forth into the room.

Round 1:
Longmoor: Cast stride
Maalit: Go
Seelah: Go

Goblins: TBD
Zakrael: TBD

Grand Lodge

Spell Pool: 2/2 | Resonance: 3/3 | Hero Points: 1/1 Paladin 1 (HP: 9/23) | AC: 16, TAC: 13 (Shield for +2) | Perception +2, F: +3, R: +2, W: +3 |

Seelah measures the distance and quickly surmises she can't make it there just yet. Instead, she moves in front of the impetuous gnome and raises her shield. Stride, then Raise Shield.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Maalit's spell is way off target as Seelah moves in, ready to defend.

They abandon their task and race forward to attack, howling and hooting. With dogslicers out they go for the knees. THE KNEES!

Blue v. Longmoor: Dogslicer!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 for DMG: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Red v.Seelah: Dogslicer!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 MISS
Black v. Seelah: Dogslicer!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 MISS

White v. Maalit: Dogslicer!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 for DMG: 1d6 ⇒ 2

The weakest attacks strike Seelah's shield, whilst plenty of other blood is drawn!

Round 1:
Longmoor: Cast stride
Maalit: Miss
Seelah: Move
Goblins: ATK!
Zakrael: Go


Ranger 4 (HP: 50/50) | AC: 21, TAC: 18 | Perception +7, F: +5, R: +9, W: +7 | Resonance: 3/3 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Benedict the Bear (HP: 28/36) | AC: 17, TAC: 17 | Perception +5, F: +5, R: +5, W: +5

Zakrael moves into the chamber, his keen elven eyes allowing him to see in the dim light. He spots Maliit's plight, but moves to aid the dwarf. Stride

"Benedict, save Maliit!" he calls out to his companion. Command an Animal

The bear obeys entering the chamber to bite at the goblin in a white coat.
Strike (Jaws): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage (Jaws): 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Stride, Strike

Finally, Zakrael fires off a quick shot at the goblin harrying Longmoor. Strike

Strike (Shortbow): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damage (Shortbow): 1d6 ⇒ 3


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Neither Benedict nor Zakrael manage to connect with attacks.

Round 1:
Longmoor: Go
Maalit: Go
Seelah: Go

Goblins: TBD
Zakrael: TBD


Cleric (Cayden Cailean) 1 (HP: 19/20) | AC: 16, TAC: 13 | Perception +5 (+7 Stonecunning), Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Will: +6 | Resonance: 3/3 | Hero Points: 3/3

Bah! They're even uglier up close! Longmoor pulls away from the grimy cavern wall and pivots to the wall next to Zakrael. He glances up to see his companions besieged by foul creatures as his hands glow with energy and he casts Daze (DC 15) against BLUE, hoping to knock the creature off-guard and give Zak an edge to do some damage.


DAZE
Traits: Cantrip, Divine, Enchantment, Mental, Cantrip
Heightened to 1st Level
Casting: (1) Somatic Casting, (1) Verbal Casting
Range: 60 feet
Targets: 1 creature
Duration: 1 round
DC: 15
You cloud the target’s mind with effects determined by its Will save.
Success The target is unaffected.
Failure The target is flat-footed.
Critical Failure The target is flat-footed and slowed 1.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Will: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12 The goblin is immediately affected by Longmoor's spell, confused as to why the hell anyone would ever consider a goblin anything other than a sadistic and insane evil foe, bereft of free will and therefore subject to moral conundra of action on the part of heroic protagonists....

Round 1:
Longmoor: Daze
Maliit: Go
Seelah: Go

Goblins: TBD
Zakrael: TBD

DM:

Blue: FF


Gnome Evoker 1 HP 16/16 | AC 9 Tch 9 | F+3 R+1 W+3 | Perc +2

Maliit realizes he's not exactly where he wants to be. He strikes the goblin with his staff and then takes two careful steps away from the goblin and puts the bear him and the enemy.

strike white 2 handed: 1d20 ⇒ 16
damage: 2d4 - 2 ⇒ (1, 1) - 2 = 0


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Maliit's hit is on target, but carries little impact. Nevertheless, the goblin seems a bit worse for wear.

Round 1:
Longmoor: Daze
Maliit: Hit
Seelah: Go
Goblins: TBD
Zakrael: TBD

DM:

Blue: FF
White: 1

Grand Lodge

Spell Pool: 2/2 | Resonance: 3/3 | Hero Points: 1/1 Paladin 1 (HP: 9/23) | AC: 16, TAC: 13 (Shield for +2) | Perception +2, F: +3, R: +2, W: +3 |

Away from PC, cannot see map at the moment.

Seelah's first goali s to protect Maliit, so she Raises her Shield, then moves to Strike attacks the goblin the gnome struck ineffectually. Will take Move or Step action as needed to get at least adjacent to Maliit and be able to use Retributive Strike. Will take AoOs if need be.

Strike: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
dmg (S): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Seelah hustles into position, but can't connect with an attack.

Around Zakrael's side the goblin swings the dogslicer low: ATK: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 and scores a solid hit on the ranger's flank! DMG: 1d6 ⇒ 4, and ATK 2: 1d20 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 - 5 = 7 MISS

Meanwhile, Seelah faces a massive barrage of attacks, accented with hoots and hollers of sadistic joy!
White ATK 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 for DMG: 1d6 ⇒ 1
White ATK 2: 1d20 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 5 = 20 for DMG: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5
White ATK 3: 1d20 + 5 - 10 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 10 = 12 MISS

The far goblins hustles into position. The first goblin reacts with a Goblin scuttle, taking a step away!
Red ATK 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 for DMG: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5
Red ATK 2: 1d20 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 5 = 12 MISS

Finally the third!
Black ATK 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 Miss
Black ATK 2: 1d20 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 5 = 3 Miss

Round 1:
Longmoor: Daze
Maliit: Hit
Seelah: Trouble
Goblins: ATK
Zakrael: Go

DM:

Blue: FF
White: 1

1 to 50 of 294 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / WIFC Playtest All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.