Red Hand of Doom [E6]

Game Master Aldizog

Invasion Plan map
Combat Maps


1 to 50 of 2,876 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

You've travelled to western Andoran, and are just now entering the smaller, wilder nation of the Elsir Vale, where adventure is sure to be abundant.

Perhaps you've joined on a whim, perhaps you were called by rumors of goblins on the warpath.

Either way, travel is boring. You're currently plodding along the road in the shadow of the Aspodell mountains, snaking along a small band of green vegetation, grasslands and copses of trees, before the landscape takes on a more savage nature to the east of you, grass giving way to brown, thorny steppes.

You're set to reach the first real town in the Elsir Vale today, a waystation called Drellin's Ferry.

Map - The orientation is wrong. North is east, if you want to place it into Golarion.


M Halfling Cleric 5 (Divine Paragon) | HP 48/55 | AC 20, T 15 , FF 16 | CMD 16 | Saves +10/+8/+11 | Init +4 | Perception +15

The halfling walks briskly, despite his small stature. The hem of his star-embroidered robe swishes, and he carries a quarterstaff with an unmistakable serpentine design.
"The Elsir Vale... What wonders of a lost age might wait to be discovered? And who in Drellin's Ferry might have need of the prodigious magical prowess of Zelligar the Mystic?"


Female Halfling Unchained Rogue (Acrobat) 5; Init +5; hp 50/50; AC 23, T 16, FF 18, CMD 19; F +6, R +12, W +3; Perception +9

Another halfling, this one female, rides her ram alongside the cleric. They had not set out together, but when she met him on the road to Elsir Vale and he seemed a somewhat decent fellow, she decided, as halflings are wont to do, that there is strength in numbers. Every once in a while, she stands on her saddle to see the world from a taller perspective. Her balance is perfect, almost supernatural. She wears a chain shirt and carries a buckler, a rapier, and a bow. For all the casual observer knows, she might be a lowly caravan guard or a warrior of great renown. A black traveler's cloak with a charcoal grey mantle and hood keeps her warm as she rides.

"If goblins are stirring from their cavern halls, I daresay they'll have need of both of us. Tell me, mystic, what does the future hold for us? Will this be a lucky adventure?"


Male Tiefling Harbinger / Magus (Kensai) 1

Isawa was near the two halflings, and couldn't help but overhear their conversation. Tall and thin, the light blue skinned man kept most of the time to himself, in silence contemplation and, by times, meditation. Shy and with easy smiles, he'd close his solid white eyes and breath deeply, then pull back the hood to avoid catching much attention. At that moment, though, he felt he could speak to the two small humanoids.

I walked many lands, my friend. If one thing I learned, this is that anywhere, at any time, can present a different adventure. Especially things lost for a while in such a beautiful landscape.

He smiled and gestured gently.

With this all said, you're probably right. Despite the fact we're all connected - land included - I feel lucky already.


HP 37/48 | AC 21 (T14, F17) | CMD 20 | Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +6 (+2 vs death, immune: disease, fear) | Init +4 | Perc -1 | Smite 1/2 | LoH 3/5 F Kitsune

"Luck favors the bold, the maxims of Iomadae. I never much liked her, but she was right that boldness often made it's own luck. Of course, grace and cunning require no luck at all."

The voice is dry, high, and clearly enunciated. The tiny fox, Yuki, sits on the rear of the mule, outside a tiny house that is integral to the saddle. She continues for a few moments, then turns with a small growl and nudges her companion.

"Are you listening to your companions milady? They are imparting wisdom. Wisdom young ears might hear, and learn from. Wisdom that might stand young paladins in good stead."

The young woman continues riding, a smile on her lips. She nods once, then speaks softly. Unlike her familiar, her voice is warm with a merry hint of laughter in it.

"I hear you Yuki, and our companions as well. I am merely, distracted."

She cocks her head to the side, listening a moment, then checks her armor and bow reflexively. Yulai looks up, brushing the wisps of hair that escaped her braid away from her face to take in the changing scenery.

"Shelyn knows we have seen much wonder already, and even here in this wilderness there is beauty is there not?"

She gestures to the mountains.

"That might even be snow Yuki." she cajoles the fox.


M Halfling Cleric 5 (Divine Paragon) | HP 48/55 | AC 20, T 15 , FF 16 | CMD 16 | Saves +10/+8/+11 | Init +4 | Perception +15

"A Samsaran! My word! Pardon me. I do not mean to be rude, but your kind are so rare in these lands. And there is so much rumor and hearsay about your reincarnations. The things you must have seen... Tell me, I hear your kind are deeply spiritual, do you follow any of the gods yourself? Or is it the Green Faith you speak of, that we are all connected to the land?"

He watches his fellow halfling balancing on her ram.
"Iris, do you ask that I consult the omens? Well, I would, but I haven't got a proper set of oracle sticks. The next opportunity I'll do that. For now we'll have to go on, as the talking fox says, boldness, grace, and cunning. And logic and reason, of course."

He adjusts his pointy hat and looks at the fox.
"Aren't you a marvelous little creature! A talking fox that gives advice! Wherever did you find this, milady? A curiosity shop? A particularly wonderful Bag of Tricks? Or is it a polymorphed friend of yours? Such wonders already! I must make some notes."


HP 50/82 - AC 27 (T16, F23, -3 shield hand, -2 Rage) - CMD 26 (+4 v. Grp, +2 v. Trp) - F+14, R+10, W +4 (+2 Fear) - Init +4 - Per +11 - LLV, DV 60' - Rage 15/15 - AR 5/7 - Flex 3/4 - Res Cold/Elec 5 - DR 1

The burly one near them all hums a tune, its not the greatest but to him it doesn't matter. It is the freedom it represents. He effortlessly carries some extra saddlebags, and behind his simple eyes lurks a deceptive knowledge of things better left unsaid.

"Elsir Vale. Whatever is there I really hope provides some coin, or at the very least a new opportunity. Goblins defense is a decent enough wage but its hardly a challenge." He looks at the others with a chuckle, the sun bouncing off of the custom fitted armor. "What I wouldn't give to get off this horse and tumble around a bit." He contemplates getting off and going for a sprint, but he decides that it may be best to keep with the gang and make small talk.

He turns over to the one with the fox and glances at her curiously, "I always told myself that luck is really just the byproduct of hard work, so it seems that this one gets it!" He directs the horse over to her and continues, "So strange it is, this band of ours! A talking fox, two halflings, a samsaran and us." He gestures over the mounted archer, not realizing his mistake.


Male Tiefling Harbinger / Magus (Kensai) 1

Isawa replies Zelligar with his low and paused voice.

Oh, no, no. It's somewhat connected, it's true; it'd be a long story, and we'd be talking about old Kellid gods and Sarkoris. But, in this case, I was simply referring to the ley lines that tie the planes together. It's a living thing; a breathing experience, as we all are, and it's connected to us and bringing each plane together.

Some silent seconds passed before he continued.

I can be spiritual, but let's not bore people, right? - he laughed, and the weight of generations could be felt - Each experience is what counts, and this one is already special. Such an exotic bunch we are.

Still a little lost with Yulai's post - like, I don't know how the fox was speaking at all :) I get that it's intelligent, but I'm missing something here and I apologize.


HP 50/82 - AC 27 (T16, F23, -3 shield hand, -2 Rage) - CMD 26 (+4 v. Grp, +2 v. Trp) - F+14, R+10, W +4 (+2 Fear) - Init +4 - Per +11 - LLV, DV 60' - Rage 15/15 - AR 5/7 - Flex 3/4 - Res Cold/Elec 5 - DR 1

"Bored with religion? You just haven't found the most exciting ones!" He flashes a smile and points at the back of his neck, where a tattoo of a broken chain held by an arm is covering up old scars and burns.


Loot Table Female Elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3 / Wizard (Thasillonian Conjurer) 3 | HP 57/57 | AC 27, T 17, FF 21 | CMD 20 | F+6 (twist away), R+11, W+8 (+9 vs fear, +10 vs ench.) | Init +8 | Perc +14 |

The young elven girl traveling with them rides easily on her horse. She wears a simple green tunic and black leggings, and would seem like a rather defenseless traveler were it not for the long, slender blade sheathed across her back. She had joined up with Bran, recognizing him to be a mercenary fellow who would be a good partner. But the others who joined were all sorts of exotic creatures. As group grows excited with the prospect of new adventure, Tal'ariel feels herself getting energized as well.

"A beautiful day for such beautiful people!" she says, looking at the travelers with her. "It's astounding what you can find out in the wide world. Where I grew up, there were just elves, elves, and more elves. Maybe some fey flitting about causing trouble. But they're all so caught up in themselves that they miss the beauty of the great world." Tal seems content to soak in the ambiance and the scenery as they travel forth.


Female Halfling Unchained Rogue (Acrobat) 5; Init +5; hp 50/50; AC 23, T 16, FF 18, CMD 19; F +6, R +12, W +3; Perception +9

Iris listens politely to the wisdom of the samsaran, but she is much more interested in the kitsune and her arctic fox, as well as the young elven girl. While she tries to think of something interesting to say, a red fox with white paws rejoins the group. "Boots!" exclaims the excited halfling.

Iris speaking in Fox:
"Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding! Welcome back! How was the hunt?"

Boots speaking in Fox:
"Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow! It went well. I caught a plump frog. It tasted like chicken."

Iris speaking in Fox:
"Joff-tchoff-tchoffo-tchoffo-tchoff! Stay close. We are nearly at the town."

She turns to the elf and says, "I should like to visit your homeland someday. I grew up with nothing but diversity. There were always plenty of humans, gnomes, and dwarves living and working among us." And even a few goblins, she thinks.


HP 50/82 - AC 27 (T16, F23, -3 shield hand, -2 Rage) - CMD 26 (+4 v. Grp, +2 v. Trp) - F+14, R+10, W +4 (+2 Fear) - Init +4 - Per +11 - LLV, DV 60' - Rage 15/15 - AR 5/7 - Flex 3/4 - Res Cold/Elec 5 - DR 1

"You know, I'm starting to think I signed up for the wrong journey here, though I could make a decent strongman for our traveling carnival." He trots his mare up to the halfling and her fox, "Do you mind little guy?" His brutish hands could easily envelop the little red furball, but if one looked carefully, they could see the effort and care he takes to ensure that isn't the case.

"Been venturing with you Tal'ariel for a couple days now, so why are you on this path anyway? To be honest, I didn't expect you to be the honour-guard type. Surely there has to be some greater elven plan going on in that mind... right?" If he comes off as rude he doesn't really realize it until a bit later, and catches himself after a moment "Not that you can't fight I mean, looks are deceiving after all."


HP 37/48 | AC 21 (T14, F17) | CMD 20 | Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +6 (+2 vs death, immune: disease, fear) | Init +4 | Perc -1 | Smite 1/2 | LoH 3/5 F Kitsune

"Honorable guards are worthy companions, and you keep Yuki entertained."

Yulai murmers, then continues.

"We are told, at length, that our services will be required in the vale shortly. Where our goddess wills us, so we go."

She sounds resigned.

"Hopefully this will involve more baths and less blood than usual."


Loot Table Female Elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3 / Wizard (Thasillonian Conjurer) 3 | HP 57/57 | AC 27, T 17, FF 21 | CMD 20 | F+6 (twist away), R+11, W+8 (+9 vs fear, +10 vs ench.) | Init +8 | Perc +14 |

Despite her efforts to hold it in, laughter slips from the elven girl's lips as a second fox joins the group. "I think you could be a great ringleader for our circus. O'Dimm's Ostentatious Outlandish Circus!" She has a big smile on her face.

Her smile turns into a frown, though, as Bran slights her. She tries to shake it off, though, as the man meant no harm. "Please, call me Tal. But as you say, looks ARE deceiving. Don't be so quick to judge people. You should see someone at work before deciding their merit. I should know--I've spent my life being misjudged." She considers for a moment how to prove herself, and a thought lights up in her mind. "How about a competition? If the rumors about goblins are the warpath are true, then we can see which one of us slays more goblins before our adventure is done!"


As you talk, you enter a small copse of ferns. Coming from the sunlit hills, the shade is amazing. On the other hand, this also seems like a good spot for an ambush.

Ahead, the trees open up, and you can spot what looks like a stone farmhouse on the right.

Several of you spot men hidden amongst the trees, bow-legged, furry humanoids armored and armed with bows, their gear and faces smeared in greens and browns to make them blend with the forest backdrop.

Tal'Ariel, you're part of the surprise round, and beat their initiative, so you go first. Surprise round, 1 standard action only.

Tactical map


Loot Table Female Elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3 / Wizard (Thasillonian Conjurer) 3 | HP 57/57 | AC 27, T 17, FF 21 | CMD 20 | F+6 (twist away), R+11, W+8 (+9 vs fear, +10 vs ench.) | Init +8 | Perc +14 |

"Ambush!" cries Tal'ariel as she sees the danger. Acting even before the marauders are prepared, she conjures a ball of frozen ice at one of the enemies.

Casting Snowball vs R2

Snowball, ranged touch vs flat footed: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 Damage + sneak attack : 5d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 3, 2, 3) = 14 Also possibly staggered but I don't think that matters.

AC 14 because no Mage Armor up.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Tal'Ariel's spell strikes true, and the marauder falls to the ground, his brown fur heavy with ice.

One of the men amongst the trees barks an order, and a volley of arrows come flying, clearly aimed Yulai.

You hear chanting from inside the ruined farmhouse, and a pair of ugly, wolf-like creatures with burning eyes come running out of the forest towards you.

Yet another humanoid comes stumbling out of the ruins, struggling to draw his twin blades.

Arrow R1 vs Yulai: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10, 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Arrow R3 vs Yulai: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12, 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Arrow R4 vs Yulai: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12, 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Arrow R5 vs Yulai: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20, 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Arrow R6 vs Yulai: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6, 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
vs. flatfooted AC of course.

Bran, Isawa and Zelligar can each act now (still the surprise round, so a standard action only), while Yulai and Iris failed their perception checks, and so do not get to act tin the surprise round.

New Map


HP 50/82 - AC 27 (T16, F23, -3 shield hand, -2 Rage) - CMD 26 (+4 v. Grp, +2 v. Trp) - F+14, R+10, W +4 (+2 Fear) - Init +4 - Per +11 - LLV, DV 60' - Rage 15/15 - AR 5/7 - Flex 3/4 - Res Cold/Elec 5 - DR 1

"I'll take you up on tha---" He doesn't finish his sentence before he sees Tal conjure up a ball of ice. "It's showtime!"

K:Nature / K:Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 For the Wolves with Burning Eyes, if it is Religion instead, add a +2. Not sure how you roll your Knowledges, if we have to guess OOC or we would roll the relevant one automatically.

Are the ridges next to the path passable or would they require an Acrobatics/Climb to get up? Would like to get into R5 or R6 with a Move Action.

Bran leaps into action, moving with speed that one wouldn't expect from the mass of muscle.

Moving into either R5 or R6 (not sure about the ridge terrain) with his 30 feet of Fast Movement, drawing and equipping his silver cestus if he recognizes the creatures as hell hounds, otherwise slipping on his cold iron one to hedge his bets.
If Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 Add +4 if it requires a jump.

Argh, I should have stretched first...


M Halfling Cleric 5 (Divine Paragon) | HP 48/55 | AC 20, T 15 , FF 16 | CMD 16 | Saves +10/+8/+11 | Init +4 | Perception +15

Zelligar casts Shield.
He tries to identify his foes.
For the humanoids:
Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
For the wolf-like creatures:
Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 (If they are magical beasts, Arcana is 7 better.)


The humanoids are clearly hobgoblins. Far too warlike to fit into proper civilization, the race subsists in harsher landscapes shunned by civilized people. These particular hobgoblins are pretty well armed, though.

As for the wolves, none of you know what they are. This disturbs Bran especially quite a bit, as he considers himself a bit of an expert on the topic of wolves. They're definitely canine, but beyond that, these things are far too scaly, and their proportions are all wrong to be any kind of wolf he ever heard of.


Female Halfling Unchained Rogue (Acrobat) 5; Init +5; hp 50/50; AC 23, T 16, FF 18, CMD 19; F +6, R +12, W +3; Perception +9

Iris is uncomfortable allowing Bran to manhandle her fox. She encourages Boots to bite the human brute, but the fox is enjoying the attention too much to bite him.

When the trouble starts, Iris let's the big folk rush forward to risk their lives while she calmly assesses the situation. She studies the strange canines down the road.

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Male Tiefling Harbinger / Magus (Kensai) 1

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 Not sure what kind of knowledge - I have others on my sheet, and they vary from +6 to +9

Isawa tries to identify the creatures around them. He mutters quick words, and a mystic force-based looking armor appears around him.

Mage Armor for 4 hours


Isawa knows the creatures to be Hellhounds, native to Hell and called up to the mortal plane by foul magics. They can breathe fire like a dragon, and like most fiery creatures, are vulnerable to cold. Despite their beastial canine appearence, they're outsiders, with all the intelligence and features that this implies.

Start of round 1, Tal'Ariel and Iris go first. Map.


Loot Table Female Elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3 / Wizard (Thasillonian Conjurer) 3 | HP 57/57 | AC 27, T 17, FF 21 | CMD 20 | F+6 (twist away), R+11, W+8 (+9 vs fear, +10 vs ench.) | Init +8 | Perc +14 |

Drawing her long, slender blade as she moves, Tal runs behind the enemy being engaged by Bran, hoping to use the opportunity to find a vulnerability in the creature's defenses. Though she risks being attacked herself as she does so.

Move to flank R6 while drawing elven curve blade, then attack.

Acrobatics, full speed to avoid AOO: 1d20 + 12 - 10 ⇒ (16) + 12 - 10 = 18
Backstab!: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 = 13; Damage+Sneak: 1d10 + 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (9) + (2, 1) + 10 = 22 Darn, wish I could swap those d20s!


Female Halfling Unchained Rogue (Acrobat) 5; Init +5; hp 50/50; AC 23, T 16, FF 18, CMD 19; F +6, R +12, W +3; Perception +9

Round One

Iris guides her mount off to the right and attacks the hobgoblin there (R1)with her rapier while her trusty steed tries to gore the hobgoblin with its horns.

Ride: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 (Fight with a combat-trained mount, DC 10)
Ram, Gore: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 51d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Rapier: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 181d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


The hobgoblin deftly ducks under the elf's blade, but Iris' rapier scores a hit on an unprotected arm. Not a deadly wound to be sure, but a hit nonetheless.

You hear someone running in armor, on your righthand side, but can't tell quite from where. It's accompanied by breathless chanting, in some language you don't understand. All but Bran can tell that this is a bless spell.

Faced with a goatriding halfling, one hobgoblin drops his bow in favor of closequarters weaponry; a longsword and a shield. The goblin in question dances backwards after swinging at his foe, feeling quite expose all alone on the flank

R1 attack vs Iris: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21, 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

There's only one hobgoblin still in position to fire arrows, and he takes aim at Yulai.

R3 ranged vs Yulai, FF: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9, 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The remaining three from the original ambush relieve themselves of their bows in favor of swords and shields, swarming around Bran.

R4 flank vs Bran: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8, 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
R5 vs Bran: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18, 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
R6 flank vs Bran: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10, 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Meanwhile, the hounds are in position, and come barreling through the undergrowth, intent on attacking Yulai.

H1 bite vs Yulai: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10, 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3+Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 3
H2 Charge bite vs Yulai: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14, 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4+Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Finally, the apparent leader of the attack, a musclebound hobgoblin brandishing a pair of knives, seems content to circle the battlefield, looking for an opening.

Map. Now it is everyone else. Bran, Zelligar, Isawa & Yulai!


HP 50/82 - AC 27 (T16, F23, -3 shield hand, -2 Rage) - CMD 26 (+4 v. Grp, +2 v. Trp) - F+14, R+10, W +4 (+2 Fear) - Init +4 - Per +11 - LLV, DV 60' - Rage 15/15 - AR 5/7 - Flex 3/4 - Res Cold/Elec 5 - DR 1

Bran was used to being surrounded, frankly it didn't do much to phase him as the attack from the hobgoblin deflects off of his buckler. "Tal, I'll open you up some space to get around!"

He cracks his neck and studies on the targets at hand. "Three on one? I was going to give you a chance."

Move Action: Activating Martial Flexibility, gaining Dedicated Adversary for Hobgoblins; 3/4 remain for the Day
Free Action, Enter Rage (-2 AC, +4 Str, +4 Con, +2 Will)
Standard Action: Attack R6

MWK Cold Iron Cestus Attack (Flanking on R6): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35
Critical Confirmation: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Critical Damage: 1d4 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

The blow comes suddenly, Bran was occupied for a moment, but that moment wasn't enough as a spiked haymaker flies out toward the flanked hobgoblin.

Currently Under:
Rage 1 Round, -2 AC, +4 Str, +4 Con, +2 Will
Martial Flexibility (1/10)


HP 37/48 | AC 21 (T14, F17) | CMD 20 | Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +6 (+2 vs death, immune: disease, fear) | Init +4 | Perc -1 | Smite 1/2 | LoH 3/5 F Kitsune

Dice rolls, Possible 21 damage to a hellhound.:

Yulai, Attack with kunai, bab+str, +smite, +higher: 1d20 + 6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 3 + 1 = 26
If hits-->Yulai, Damage with Kunai, +str, +smitex2 (Hellhounds are evil): 1d4 + 2 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 8 = 11
Yulai, Ride Check, Fight With Mount: 1d20 ⇒ 3 DC is 10, Success means Os attacks
Yulai, Ride Check, Guide With Knees: 1d20 ⇒ 1 DC is 5, success means we keep our shield bonus
Os Uushi, Attack with gore, bab+str: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
If hits-->Os Uushi, Damage by gore, +strx1.5: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Yuki, Hiding Bravely: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Actions By Type:

Yulai, Swift - Smite Evil the Nearest Full HP Hellhound.
Yulai, Move - Draw a dagger
Yulai, Standard - jab it with our dagger
Yulai, Free - Fight With Mount
Yulai, Free - Guide With Knees
Os Uushi, Standard - Gore as directed
Os Uushi, Move - 5' step out of flank if possible.
Os Uushi, Swift - None.
Yuki, Move - Hides in saddle/pack.
Yuki, Standard - ready a bite against any non-Yulai hand that tries to pull her out at +5 for 1d3-1

I feel like a circus already

Yulai grabs a kunai from a sheath, it's unclear where, and leans over smashing it into the head of the nearest hellhound, just above the spine. She misses the killing blow, but draws the blade back ready to strike again. Her skin seems to glow with righteous fury, and her eyes glint with devotion as she urges Os with her knees.

"Shelyn and Sarenrae take you, hound. You have no place here. Go back to Gozreh!"

Responding to his rider's command, the Ox's massive head, and more importantly the attached horn, slams into the creature. From within her saddle, a small voice is barely heard muttering to itself in celestial.

Celestial
"I know it's not proper, but at least she didn't try to use the bow this time. It's a process. Yes, I'm sorry."

Current Effects:
Yulai - Smite Evil +3 attack and AC, +8 damage vs hellhound A
Yuki - Hidden, DC 25


M Halfling Cleric 5 (Divine Paragon) | HP 48/55 | AC 20, T 15 , FF 16 | CMD 16 | Saves +10/+8/+11 | Init +4 | Perception +15

Zelligar shouts at R1:

In Goblin:
"Betray him! I will Bless you!"

Then he casts Murderous Command. Will save DC 14 or attack nearest ally for a round (that would be B, the boss, right?).
Then he moves 15' northwest, back up the path.


Male Tiefling Harbinger / Magus (Kensai) 1

Isawa moves his hands while chanting in Samsaran.

!טיל קסם

Samsaran (Using Hebrew):
Magic Missile!

Conduit Surge: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2 Pushing my CL to 6 for the MM
Fortitude (DC 10+1+2=13): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Staggered next round

As his hands move, for the split of a second it looked like the reality around him got distorted, as the lines keeping the planes together seemed to pull them closer.

Finally he releases three bolts of pure magic force, which fly against the three hobgoblins surrounding Bran.

Using Toppling Spell metamagic on R4, R5, R6. If there are no more three around Bran, then make more missiles hit the furthest enemy of the three.

Damage (M1): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Damage (M2): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Damage (M3): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The force of the missiles is such that they can almost push the enemies to fall.

CMB Trip (M1): 1d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 5 = 19
CMB Trip (M2): 1d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 5 = 24
CMB Trip (M3): 1d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 5 = 30

The warlock feels a little dizzy by the sheer force of his own spell. He five-foot-steps diagonally to the NW.

Conduit Surge 1/6


Bran smashes his cestus into the gut of the hobgoblin in front of him, and sees it collapse to the ground soon after, as a volley of missiles comes flying from Isawa's outstretched hand, creating all sorts of chaos.

Zelligar's trick is thwarted as the marauder shakes off the compulsion to attack his leader.

Meanwhile, Yulai fumbles with the reins and her shield, but manages to drive her glowing blade into the flank of the hellhound in front of her, eliciting a fiery growl.

No-one changed positions, so the Map. R6 is at negative hp, however. Tal'Ariel & Iris' turns.


Loot Table Female Elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3 / Wizard (Thasillonian Conjurer) 3 | HP 57/57 | AC 27, T 17, FF 21 | CMD 20 | F+6 (twist away), R+11, W+8 (+9 vs fear, +10 vs ench.) | Init +8 | Perc +14 |

"Wow, that's one forceful magic missile!" says the elf, impressed. Seizing the opportunity, the elf tumbles into the midst of the fallen hobgoblins, then swings her blade in a deadly arc.

Tumbling to the only open square adjacent to R4 and R5. Then attempt to Cleave R4 and R5

Acrobatics vs R4: 1d20 + 12 - 10 ⇒ (4) + 12 - 10 = 6 So R4 gets an AOO from the prone position.
Cleave vs R4: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26; Damage: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Crit confirm vs R4: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23; Damage: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Cleave vs R5: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20; Damage: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Her tumble is not particularly artful but her stroke is true!

Current AC12 due to Cleave.

"I'd say that's three goblins to none, Bran!" boasts the Elf with a smirk.


R4AoO: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

A blade nicks her right arm halfway through her summersault, but it's barely even a grazing wound.


Female Halfling Unchained Rogue (Acrobat) 5; Init +5; hp 50/50; AC 23, T 16, FF 18, CMD 19; F +6, R +12, W +3; Perception +9

Round Two

Iris guides the ram toward her foe and tries to finish him. If her attack does the job and the ram can reach the hobgoblin leader, then the ram will attack him instead.

Rapier: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 171d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Ride: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Gore: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 201d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


The ram headbutts the hobgoblin with a thunk. He's still standing, though, only bruised and knocked back by the impact.

The hounds open their maws and breathe fire onto Yulai, her ox, and maybe even her spiritual guide.

Fire, ref DC 14 half: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9
Fire, ref DC 14 half: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4

You hear more invisible chanting, and one of the heavily wounded hobgoblins gets to his feet, standing and grabbing his bow where it fell.

Healing on R2: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

"Reinforcements!" comes the call in goblin, and you spot several more warriors coming running at a light job, drawing their longbows and firing at Tal'Ariel. The only hobgoblin near the melee still wielding a bow follows suit, joining in on the volley.

R7 longbow vs Tal'ariel: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20, Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
R8 longbow vs Tal'ariel: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11, Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
R9 longbow vs Tal'ariel: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6, Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
R10 longbow vs Tal'ariel: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24, Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
R11 longbow vs Tal'ariel: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6, Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
R12 longbow vs Tal'ariel: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19, Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
R3 longbow vs Tal'ariel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7, Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Still staggering from a set of horns to his gut, one hobgoblin nevertheless does his best to distract Iris with his swordsmanship while the dual-wielding hobgoblin lunges at her from behind.

H1 roll to Aid B, DC 10: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Kukri vs Iris, flank, aid: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21, damage: 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Off-hand vs Iris, flank: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21, damage: 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

New Map. Isawa, Zelligar, Yulai, Bran, go!


M Halfling Cleric 5 (Divine Paragon) | HP 48/55 | AC 20, T 15 , FF 16 | CMD 16 | Saves +10/+8/+11 | Init +4 | Perception +15

Zelligar snarls at the hobgoblin flanking Iris.
"You should have taken my offer. Wrath of Nethys!"
A white serpent and a black serpent shoot out from his staff, entwining, spiraling, and striking R1.
Damage: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 2 = 8


It falls to the ground, quite seriously injured.


HP 50/82 - AC 27 (T16, F23, -3 shield hand, -2 Rage) - CMD 26 (+4 v. Grp, +2 v. Trp) - F+14, R+10, W +4 (+2 Fear) - Init +4 - Per +11 - LLV, DV 60' - Rage 15/15 - AR 5/7 - Flex 3/4 - Res Cold/Elec 5 - DR 1

"Oh ho! Three is meaty, perhaps you should show me the blade and I can show you these moves!" As he says that he bolts away from the fallen hobgoblins around him and heads towards Iris. "I'm coming lucky one!"

Move Action: Move toward B, into a flank. Left, Left, Left, Left, Down, Diagonal Down/Left (Fast Movement)
Standard Action: Attempt to Grapple B

Grapple Attempt on B: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 2 = 23 CMB:+8, Rage +2, Grapple +3, Favored Enemy +2, Flank +2

After moving through the melee and an angry mount, Bran clumsily attempts to snag the twin bladed hobgoblin's arm and wraps his own arm around the creature tight; hopefully pulling him into his preferred fighting style.

Currently Under:
Rage 2 Rounds, -2 AC, +4 Str, +4 Con, +2 Will
Martial Flexibility (2/10) - Dedicated Adversary (Hobgoblins)


HP 37/48 | AC 21 (T14, F17) | CMD 20 | Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +6 (+2 vs death, immune: disease, fear) | Init +4 | Perc -1 | Smite 1/2 | LoH 3/5 F Kitsune

Saves:

Yulai, Reflex, +1 base + 4 Dex + 5 Paladin Divine Grace (Cha): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Yulai, Reflex, +1 base + 4 Dex + 5 Paladin Divine Grace (Cha): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Os Uushi, Reflex, +3 Ox: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Os Uushi, Reflex, +3 Ox: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
I don't think Yuki is in line of effect since she is hiding bravely in a bag?
If she is, her reflex save is +4 and she has improved evasion.


Damage and updated hp before start of turn.:

Yulai takes 4+2=6 fire damage. New HP 36/48
Os Uushi takes 4+2=6 fire damage. New HP 16/22

Yulai cries out as the flame rushes over her, as does the mighty ox Os Uushi, but this only serves to stir their determination. She leans down, clenching the saddle tightly with her knees, pushing the fire away with her shield, before smashing her kunai into the hounds open jaws. It glints with holy power for a moment as the jaws snap closed reflexively. Meanwhile, Os's head comes around, smashing his horns against the hellish beast nearby.

"Fiend, chew on the wrath of Gozreh and Erastillyn!

She winces as the rain of arrows comes in, and looks around desperately trying to see past the hounds and the smoke. In the next moment, she smooths the harness against her leg, and draws another kunai determined to finish her foe.

From her pack, a string of apologies are heard in celestial.

Actions by type:

Yulai, Standard - jab it with our Kunai
Yulai, Free - Drop the Kunai
Yulai, Swift - Lay on Hands ourselves.
Yulai, Move - Draw another kunai 3/4 on person, 1/4 on ground
Yulai, Free - Fight With Mount
Yulai, Free - Guide With Knees

Os Uushi, Standard - Gore as directed
Os Uushi, Move - 5' step out of flank if possible.
Os Uushi, Swift - None.

Yuki, Move - Hides in saddle/pack.
Yuki, Standard - ready a bite against any non-Yulai hand that tries to pull her out at +5 for 1d3-1

Dice rolls (with ride correct!), 22 possible damage to hellhound, 8 healing to Yulai:

Yulai, Ride, Guide With Knees: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Yulai, Ride, Attack with Combat Trained Mount: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Yulai, Attack with kunai, bab+str, +smite, +higher: 1d20 + 6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 3 + 1 = 27
hits?-->Yulai, damage with Kunai,+str, +smitex2 (Hellhounds are evil): 1d4 + 2 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 8 = 11
Yulai, Lay On Hands, +2 per die fey foundling: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3) + 4 = 8
Os Uushi, Attack with gore, bab+str: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
hits?-->Os Uushi, Damage by gore, +strx1.5: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Yuki The Brave, Stealth, Still hiding in the bag: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Final HP:

Yulai = 36 + 8 (LoH)= 44/48
Os Uushi = 16/22
Yuki = 24/24


Female Halfling Unchained Rogue (Acrobat) 5; Init +5; hp 50/50; AC 23, T 16, FF 18, CMD 19; F +6, R +12, W +3; Perception +9

"My hero." says Iris as the brutish wrestler comes to her aid. She is appreciative, though not at all surprised since she is accustomed to her diminutive stature and delicate features stimulating the human instinct to protect children. Iris stares into the chaotic tussle waiting for just the right moment to strike.


Male Tiefling Harbinger / Magus (Kensai) 1

Staggered, Isawa turns his head to one of the hobgoblins and one of his eyes immediately shine, getting out of the usual pale white. He then blinks slowly, as if ordering the creature to fall asleep as he mutters some words. פיג'מות, he says in Samsaran.

Slumber on R2, DC 17 Will (4 rounds)


r2wDC17: 1d20 ⇒ 14 - failed.

Yulai's stab finds home in the beastie's eye, and it collapses. She holds onto the knife as it goes down, and the weight of the creature pulls the blade free, along with no small amount of gore.

Bran comes up from behind, and wraps the leader up in a surprise bearhug.

New map, new round, Iris & Tal'ariel start out.


Loot Table Female Elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3 / Wizard (Thasillonian Conjurer) 3 | HP 57/57 | AC 27, T 17, FF 21 | CMD 20 | F+6 (twist away), R+11, W+8 (+9 vs fear, +10 vs ench.) | Init +8 | Perc +14 |

Tal'ariel is alarmed to see the first hobgoblin she shot stand back on its feet, even if it slumps back down to the ground again. "Look out - there's an invisible healer reviving the troops!" (It also meant that her goblin kill count goes down to two, which is disappointing.)

She's also pretty alarmed by the volley of arrows flying at her unarmored self. She decides she's going to try and make their attacks a little bit harder. Moving in front of her party, Tal concentrates on her beloved sword, a gift crafted by her own father. Through its power, she is able to conjure a fog screen to try and block the archers' line of sight.

Moving to the midpoint between H2 and R3. Using her Arcane Bonded sword to cast Obscuring Mist, creating fog in a 20 foot radius. The idea is to cover Bran and Yulai, but not the Boss.


Female Halfling Unchained Rogue (Acrobat) 5; Init +5; hp 50/50; AC 23, T 16, FF 18, CMD 19; F +6, R +12, W +3; Perception +9

Iris holds her mount steady while she strikes at the grappled hobgoblin leader.

Rapier: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 2 = 161d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 (might hit with the dex penalty from being grappled)
Sneak Attack: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9


Iris stabs the leader in his calf while he's distracted.

CL DC 15: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 You hear more chanting, but it seems to not really do anything. There's a couple harsh, barked orders from inside the mist, and you hear moving around.

The leader twists around in Bran's grasp, trying to break free. Escape Artist vs DC 22?: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21, but fails.

The remaining hellhound breaks off, and disappears into the fog.

No map due to Obscuring Mist, only visible enemy is B. Rest of the party's turn is up.


Loot Table Female Elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3 / Wizard (Thasillonian Conjurer) 3 | HP 57/57 | AC 27, T 17, FF 21 | CMD 20 | F+6 (twist away), R+11, W+8 (+9 vs fear, +10 vs ench.) | Init +8 | Perc +14 |

Can any of us understand the orders given? Tal speaks goblin, for example.


Female Halfling Unchained Rogue (Acrobat) 5; Init +5; hp 50/50; AC 23, T 16, FF 18, CMD 19; F +6, R +12, W +3; Perception +9

Does the target of Iris's sneak attack also suffer from a debilitating injury? If so, I'd like the hobgoblin leader to be disoriented (-2 on attacks vs everyone else, -4 on attack vs Iris.


HP 50/82 - AC 27 (T16, F23, -3 shield hand, -2 Rage) - CMD 26 (+4 v. Grp, +2 v. Trp) - F+14, R+10, W +4 (+2 Fear) - Init +4 - Per +11 - LLV, DV 60' - Rage 15/15 - AR 5/7 - Flex 3/4 - Res Cold/Elec 5 - DR 1

Bran doesn't need to see through the fog, he can feel the flow of battle here and the wriggling of the hobgoblin leader. This is what he was made for. His arms wrap around the neck of the hobgoblin as he puts him into an uncomfortable submission hold.

"Back up!" He yells out in Common, knowing its a longshot, "If you don't things will get much worse for your commander here!"

Standard action: Maintain the Grapple (with a +5)
Move action: None

Maintain the Grapple: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 5 = 37 CMB:+8, Rage +2, Grapple +3, Favored Enemy +2, Flank* +2, Circumstance +5.
Note: Bran is always Flanking his Grappled Target.

Free Grapple Action (if successful): Non-Lethal Damage
Nonlethal Grapple Damage: 1d4 + 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (3) + (3, 6) + 8 = 20

Currently Under:
Rage 3 Rounds, -2 AC, +4 Str, +4 Con, +2 Will
Martial Flexibility (3/10) - Dedicated Adversary (Hobgoblins)
Grappled (DC 24 to break due to Rage)


Orders, in goblin:
"Retreat and form up!"


M Halfling Cleric 5 (Divine Paragon) | HP 48/55 | AC 20, T 15 , FF 16 | CMD 16 | Saves +10/+8/+11 | Init +4 | Perception +15

Zelligar will delay until he can see any other target besides the leader.

1 to 50 of 2,876 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Red Hand of Doom - E6 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.