PFS No Response from Deepmar (Inactive)

Game Master Nefreet

Island Overview Map


101 to 150 of 532 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male DEAD Dwarf Inquisitor 8 / Fighter 1

Unless anything is blocking him, Grimdoc will charge to within 20' and slam at the creature with the reach of his lucern hammer.

"Don't need no giant monkey-rillons...what was it again, Doc? Anyway, stay back!"

+1 Lucern Hammer, Large DivF, Hero, PA/FF, chg: 1d20 + 11 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 4 + 2 = 35
for dmg, PA: 3d6 + 8 + 6 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (6, 4, 4) + 8 + 6 + 2 + 3 = 33

AC=21, If it moves up to engage, Grim will take his Aoo.

Aoo:

+1 Lucern Hammer, Large DivF, Hero, PA: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 4 = 29
for dmg, PA: 3d6 + 8 + 6 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2, 2) + 8 + 6 + 2 + 3 = 26

Lantern Lodge

You see the girallon shake its head and look alarmingly at its hands as Cal's spell takes effect.

Grim charges up and strokes the girallon hard with his hammer. The head of the hammer slams hard into the creature's chest and you hear it wheeze and see if cough up blood from the injury.
Grim, I moved you 5 feet closer because I could see a way to get you within 20 feet otherwise.

Quote:

Round 1 (No surprise round)

Initiative Order Marcel, Grim, Ape Creature (-4 attacks, 53), Samuel, Dr. Blote, Cal, Marcel (R2), Grim (R2)
Bold have not yet acted. Marcel can take Round 2 action at any time.
Special conditions
• None, daylight and no unusual conditions.

Secret GM Things:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Andoran) Fighter (Shielded Fighter) 5/Golden Legionnaire 3 HP: 83/83 | AC: 31 | T: 16 | FF: 27 | CMD: 26 | Fort: +9 | Ref: +5| Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +0 | Sense Motive: +0

I can check Roll20 at work, but I can't move on it. Please can you double move Samuel towards the creature.

Seeing the creature bounding towards them, Samuel tactically advances to engage the beast.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Swashbuckler 8 | HP 68/68 Panache 3/3 | Init +10 Perc +11 | AC 25 T 18 FF 17 | Fort +4, Ref +12, Will +2|

Moved Samuel next to Grim.

The creature close enough now, Marcel decides to charge at it.

+1 Answering Aldori: 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 17 + 2 = 221d8 + 10 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 8 = 21

Parry+Riposte if attacked in melee; first attack only, I will use it against AoO if I triggered one:
Parry: 1d20 + 21 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 21 - 2 = 37Riposte: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (14) + 21 = 351d8 + 14 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 14 + 8 = 24

AC is 23, but he has to beat 37 or I parry as above against the first attack. Unfortunately, I do not have combat reflexes, so I cannot parry more then 1 attack.

Grand Lodge

Male DEAD Dwarf Inquisitor 8 / Fighter 1

"Well Marcel and Sammy, this big monkey may explain why all the folks ran off. Except, I am not sure if it just does not have a taste for poultry. HAH!"

Grimdoc laughs a big (jumbo) sized belly laugh at his own joke.

The Exchange

Trade Prince 8 HP: 75/75 | AC 29 | T 12 | FF 27 | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +9 | CMD 15 | Init. +0 | Perc. +0 (Auto-fail Sound) | Diplomacy +18 | Knowledge(Planes/Religion) +14 | Spellcraft +12
Resources:
Solar Wind 8/9 | Spells - 1st: 8/8; 2nd: 8/8; 3rd: 7/7 4th: 4/4 | CLW 30/50 | Sungazer: 8/8 | Astral Caravan: 8/8
Active Spells/Abilities:
Constant Detect Poison/Disease

Calistan looks to Grimdoc and sees the man laughing, but missed the joke as the dwarf was turned the other way.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Trade Prince 8 HP: 75/75 | AC 29 | T 12 | FF 27 | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +9 | CMD 15 | Init. +0 | Perc. +0 (Auto-fail Sound) | Diplomacy +18 | Knowledge(Planes/Religion) +14 | Spellcraft +12
Resources:
Solar Wind 8/9 | Spells - 1st: 8/8; 2nd: 8/8; 3rd: 7/7 4th: 4/4 | CLW 30/50 | Sungazer: 8/8 | Astral Caravan: 8/8
Active Spells/Abilities:
Constant Detect Poison/Disease

Dotting since it has been a week.

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male DEAD Dwarf Inquisitor 8 / Fighter 1

Grimdoc turns to Calistan and shrugs as he thinks about explaining the joke but figures this is no time for monkeying around.

Lantern Lodge

Marcel charges the blue-eyed girallion. The giant white ape, immediately tries to bite him with its yellow-tinged fangs as he draws near, but Marcel manages to fend off its attack and spears the creature with his rapier in return. Now closer, the swashbuckler can see the burns from Cal's assault are clearly bothering the violent behemoth. He draws back his rapier for another attack and runs the girallion through, dropping it unconscious to the ground in a pool of blood. You can still hear the sounds of someone screaming and sobbing from behind the door where you first saw the beast.
Combat over

Secret GM Things:

1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 12 - 4 = 22
1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

The Exchange

[retired]

"Hraheha, good show ma boy! You do us Taldans proud with that swordplay. And it sounds like we may have found our first point of contact!"

The Doctor breaks out a stethoscope and snaps a pair of white gloves on his chunky hands.

"Shall we see what this beast has left in its wake?"

With Deathwatch active, is the Girallon really dead? If not, Narsius will point out as much. Also may help determine the condition of whoever is sobbing.

Grand Lodge

Male DEAD Dwarf Inquisitor 8 / Fighter 1

Grimdoc raises his eyebrow

"Yeah Doc. That one is down but I am hearing someone else too."

He heads toward the door with the noise and opens it to look in...

Lantern Lodge

Dr. Blote is able to ascertain that the girallion is unconscious but not dead.

Grim reaches the door and tries to push his way inside, banging into some sort of barricade behind the door. The sound of the door striking the barricade sets off an even louder scream from inside.

Grand Lodge

Male DEAD Dwarf Inquisitor 8 / Fighter 1

Hey whoa. We are the good guys. Here to help. The white monkey is all but dead.

The Exchange

Trade Prince 8 HP: 75/75 | AC 29 | T 12 | FF 27 | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +9 | CMD 15 | Init. +0 | Perc. +0 (Auto-fail Sound) | Diplomacy +18 | Knowledge(Planes/Religion) +14 | Spellcraft +12
Resources:
Solar Wind 8/9 | Spells - 1st: 8/8; 2nd: 8/8; 3rd: 7/7 4th: 4/4 | CLW 30/50 | Sungazer: 8/8 | Astral Caravan: 8/8
Active Spells/Abilities:
Constant Detect Poison/Disease

Calistan moves to aid the girallon, figuring that this beast is only a mindless animal and that his aggression is not evil.

He kneels down near it and waves his hands over the puncture wound near its heart, closing the wound before too much blood seeps out.

Stabilize

Finally, he will reclaim his curse from the beast, removing the violent burns on the creature's arms and the fog from the creature's ears before joining Grimdoc, confused as to where they are going and what the good doctor is talking about.

He taps the dwarf on the shoulder and mimics talking and then gets a quizzical look on his face.

Lantern Lodge

The streams fade into sobs. A hesitant voice asks, "Its...its..gone..thank you. Wait. Who are you?"

The Exchange

[retired]

Narsius looks towards the doorway and scrunches his face for a moment.

Send Senses, Clairvoyance, to see into the room for 1 round.

Grand Lodge

Male DEAD Dwarf Inquisitor 8 / Fighter 1

"We are none other than Pathfinders...you know...sent to investigate and rescue and stuff. How many of you are in there?"

Grimdoc makes some vague motion of people talking with his pudgy hand and points into the building while facing Calistan.

Grand Lodge

Male DEAD Dwarf Inquisitor 8 / Fighter 1

I cannot seem to reduce Grim back to normal size, but he lets his big persona diminish while checking on the door - is the voice from A3/A4 or A8 on the map?

The Exchange

Trade Prince 8 HP: 75/75 | AC 29 | T 12 | FF 27 | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +9 | CMD 15 | Init. +0 | Perc. +0 (Auto-fail Sound) | Diplomacy +18 | Knowledge(Planes/Religion) +14 | Spellcraft +12
Resources:
Solar Wind 8/9 | Spells - 1st: 8/8; 2nd: 8/8; 3rd: 7/7 4th: 4/4 | CLW 30/50 | Sungazer: 8/8 | Astral Caravan: 8/8
Active Spells/Abilities:
Constant Detect Poison/Disease

Calistan scrunches up his face and thinks for a second. He draws his morningstar and starts beating on the door so he can find the person that is supposedly talking.

Grand Lodge

Male DEAD Dwarf Inquisitor 8 / Fighter 1

Grimdoc looks at Calistan and shrugs.

Lantern Lodge

Dr. Blote:

You see a very frightened woman who has barricaded herself into what looks like a kitchen. She has pushed a stove to block the door and leans up against it. As you watch and Grim speaks you see her gather herself and push the stove away from the door before opening it.

"Pathfinders? You're here to rescue? Just me." She stops speaking for a moment, but you hear a loud scraping sounds as something heavy is pushed out of the way. Seconds later the door opens and a disheveled-looking woman looks out. Her black hair is all askew and her simple clothing is torn and stained. She stumbles out of the building, sniffling and nearly sobbing again. "Th...th...thank you for sav...saving me from that creature. Have...have you seen anyone else...did...did it eat all of them?"

Grand Lodge

Male DEAD Dwarf Inquisitor 8 / Fighter 1

"Well maim we ain't seen naught but a lot of chickens so far. But then we ain't been here too long or look in more than a couple buildings. Say, do I smell something cooking on that stove? What's your name and such?."

Lantern Lodge

"I...I...am Delbina...Delbina Rask. Von and I were preparing dinner last night. We heard a commotion outside. The...the next think I remember is hiding in an apple barrel. I saw that ape and ran back in here. Barricaded that door. That's when you showed up."

The Exchange

[retired]

"You said... Dinner?"

Narsius licks his lips.

Lantern Lodge

Perception (passive) DC 15:

Looking around the kitchen, there is no way she was preparing dinner last night. The kitchen stinks of rotten food and you see signs that rodents and other pests have been having their way with things.

The Exchange

Trade Prince 8 HP: 75/75 | AC 29 | T 12 | FF 27 | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +9 | CMD 15 | Init. +0 | Perc. +0 (Auto-fail Sound) | Diplomacy +18 | Knowledge(Planes/Religion) +14 | Spellcraft +12
Resources:
Solar Wind 8/9 | Spells - 1st: 8/8; 2nd: 8/8; 3rd: 7/7 4th: 4/4 | CLW 30/50 | Sungazer: 8/8 | Astral Caravan: 8/8
Active Spells/Abilities:
Constant Detect Poison/Disease

Perception-Visual: 1d20 ⇒ 2

Calistan is as oblivious as ever as he tries to comfort the lady. Patting her on the back, he looks at the rest of the Pathfinders with a questioning look in his eye that screams uncomfortableness with the situation.

Grand Lodge

Male DEAD Dwarf Inquisitor 8 / Fighter 1

"Um, now that I gets a better smell, I think I am gonna pass on dinner." Grim looks disappointed and shrugs at Calistan and Dr. Blote.

He digs out an iron ration.

"Say, you seem awfully strong to move such a heavy stove. Have you been eating ok?
This place could use some tidying up. Must have been hard in here all alone.
Mind if we poke about the place to make sure there is nothing else able to sneak in.
Or do you want to come with us? No telling what more we will run into.
This might be safer than some of the other buildings until we check them all."

Grim will poke around a bit more.

Before leaving he will detect evil into the room (including, but not specifically at the woman).

Lantern Lodge

She nods, "We don't have rich fare, but there is always plenty to eat." Grim's words seem to sink in and she has a look around. "Of course you can look around...but...but how did this happen so quickly. Its only been a few hours." She begins absent-mindedly rubbing her lower back. "If there could be more of those apes around, I suppose I should definitely go with you." She does not detect as evil, nor does anything else in the kitchen.

Looking around, you find it to be a large kitchen, furnished with a pair of stoves (shoved against the doors), preparation areas, hanging cookware, and shelves stocked with enough food supplies to feed the entire population of the colony for several weeks. Perishable foodstuff have all rotted away or been spoiled by insects or small animals. Better preserved food seems to be fine.

Grand Lodge

Male DEAD Dwarf Inquisitor 8 / Fighter 1

Alrighty then. Lets go take a look at some of the buildings. Any suggestions? Hey, what's in that stone building to the south east?"

Grim will usher her out and keep her towards the back of the group once we decide to leave.

Lantern Lodge

"South...southeast? Oh, that's the vault. That's where they keep the crystals until they're ready to be transported to the mainland."

The Exchange

Trade Prince 8 HP: 75/75 | AC 29 | T 12 | FF 27 | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +9 | CMD 15 | Init. +0 | Perc. +0 (Auto-fail Sound) | Diplomacy +18 | Knowledge(Planes/Religion) +14 | Spellcraft +12
Resources:
Solar Wind 8/9 | Spells - 1st: 8/8; 2nd: 8/8; 3rd: 7/7 4th: 4/4 | CLW 30/50 | Sungazer: 8/8 | Astral Caravan: 8/8
Active Spells/Abilities:
Constant Detect Poison/Disease

Calistan will stay by Grimdoc's side, wary of the woman as her room smelled of rotting food. He points at the building just south of their location and shrugs at Grimdoc with a hopeful expression.

Grand Lodge

Male DEAD Dwarf Inquisitor 8 / Fighter 1

Grim nods and heads south to the building indicated.

The Exchange

[retired]

"There's still some food left that hasn't perished... Nothing a cantrip can't flavor up!"

Seeing the dwarf heading next door, Narsius follows.

"If you can pry open that door a bit, my boy, I can 'peek' inside to make sure it's safe."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Andoran) Fighter (Shielded Fighter) 5/Golden Legionnaire 3 HP: 83/83 | AC: 31 | T: 16 | FF: 27 | CMD: 26 | Fort: +9 | Ref: +5| Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +0 | Sense Motive: +0

Samuel remains at the external door, cautiously watching for anyone or anything suspicious moving outside.

Lantern Lodge

You find nothing suspicious outside and enter the building, followed by Delbina. Inside you find broken plates, forks and spoons. A few wooden mugs lie scattered about the floor around several long trestle tables. You search thoroughly, but find nothing else.

Moving to the next building south (A8), you find that the long building has numerous small, barred windows along its exterior walls and a covered entrance at each end. Again, you find nothing suspicious around the door and move inside. Within, you find that a series of doors line each side of a long central corridor. There are 16 simply furnished 10-foot by 10-foot sleeping chambers. Each one contains a small bed, pegs on the walls for hanging clothes, and a single shelf under the small barred window. Aside from a few personal belongings, there is nothing of value.

Grand Lodge

Male DEAD Dwarf Inquisitor 8 / Fighter 1

Grimdoc will move out of the building.

To the woman...
Any ideas where your fellows would be holdin' out?

Lantern Lodge

"They should be here. I don't understand where everyone could be. Maybe we should check the barracks or the staff quarters? How could everyone just disappear?"

Grand Lodge

Male DEAD Dwarf Inquisitor 8 / Fighter 1

Sounds good - which is the staff quarters?

Presuming she knows and tells us, he will head there next.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Andoran) Fighter (Shielded Fighter) 5/Golden Legionnaire 3 HP: 83/83 | AC: 31 | T: 16 | FF: 27 | CMD: 26 | Fort: +9 | Ref: +5| Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +0 | Sense Motive: +0

Samuel positions himself next to the woman, putting his protective instincts to work should anything put her in harms way.

"I have a bad feeling about this."

The Exchange

[retired]

Sorry if I seem like I'm not posting much. I don't want to interact with the NPCs too much beyond what Narsius would obviously be interested in (such as food). And I don't want to make any decisions about which buildings to check out. I'll use send senses on each building we decide to explore, though, cuz that's what he does.

Lantern Lodge

Delbina directs you over to the building (A10) behind the Captain's Quarters (A17). The building is quite the departure from the others you have seen in the compound so far. In contrast to the dreary buildings that seem to fit well with the dreary landscape, this building is bright and cheerily painted. A variety of potted plants sit alongside the building. The door is ajar and when Dr. Blote projects his senses into the building he sees that it must be the home to two or three residents. There is a common room, furnished with a table and four chairs, a bookshelf, and a simple stone fireplace. Two closed doors look like they probably lead to bedrooms. He doesn't see any sign of life in the common room.

Grand Lodge

Male DEAD Dwarf Inquisitor 8 / Fighter 1

"So what's up doc? Anyone in there? Any sign of disturbances or abductionations?

Grim will move into the first room and listen/search for any signs of movement or occupants.

percep: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32

The Exchange

[retired]

Send Senses count down to 8 of 10.

"Pppth, no signs of life, but there are a couple closed doors I cannot see past. We should proceed with utmost caution!"

Narsius looks around, and then at the ground.

"I must admit that the tracker's life is not something I was raised around. My parents were nobility! Still, I had an uncle that went on regular hunts. Can anyone tell if there have been more of those Girallons through here recently?"

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male DEAD Dwarf Inquisitor 8 / Fighter 1

"well I ain't no ranger but I will take a look for monkey tracks ."

Survival : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Trade Prince 8 HP: 75/75 | AC 29 | T 12 | FF 27 | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +9 | CMD 15 | Init. +0 | Perc. +0 (Auto-fail Sound) | Diplomacy +18 | Knowledge(Planes/Religion) +14 | Spellcraft +12
Resources:
Solar Wind 8/9 | Spells - 1st: 8/8; 2nd: 8/8; 3rd: 7/7 4th: 4/4 | CLW 30/50 | Sungazer: 8/8 | Astral Caravan: 8/8
Active Spells/Abilities:
Constant Detect Poison/Disease

Calistan walks blithely into the building, looking around for anything without care for himself.

Grand Lodge

Male DEAD Dwarf Inquisitor 8 / Fighter 1

Grim will call out Hey there! Anyone home?

The Exchange

[retired]

I moved my avatar over to A10 next to Grim, but feel free to move me around wherever the group goes. I can't edit that document on my phone, and I won't be at my computer until late tonight.

The Exchange

Trade Prince 8 HP: 75/75 | AC 29 | T 12 | FF 27 | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +9 | CMD 15 | Init. +0 | Perc. +0 (Auto-fail Sound) | Diplomacy +18 | Knowledge(Planes/Religion) +14 | Spellcraft +12
Resources:
Solar Wind 8/9 | Spells - 1st: 8/8; 2nd: 8/8; 3rd: 7/7 4th: 4/4 | CLW 30/50 | Sungazer: 8/8 | Astral Caravan: 8/8
Active Spells/Abilities:
Constant Detect Poison/Disease

Not sure how to push this thread any more than my last post, so just throwing in some OOC to at least get it to ding a new post on the thread.

Grand Lodge

Male DEAD Dwarf Inquisitor 8 / Fighter 1

Grim continues to poke about. He will scan for evil in the rooms as well
"Well, guess we scared them off, Cal." speaking so Calistan can see his words.

The Exchange

Trade Prince 8 HP: 75/75 | AC 29 | T 12 | FF 27 | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +9 | CMD 15 | Init. +0 | Perc. +0 (Auto-fail Sound) | Diplomacy +18 | Knowledge(Planes/Religion) +14 | Spellcraft +12
Resources:
Solar Wind 8/9 | Spells - 1st: 8/8; 2nd: 8/8; 3rd: 7/7 4th: 4/4 | CLW 30/50 | Sungazer: 8/8 | Astral Caravan: 8/8
Active Spells/Abilities:
Constant Detect Poison/Disease

Calistan beams at the dwarf as he gives him a thumbs up and a wink.

101 to 150 of 532 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS No Response from Deepmar Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.