In Memoriam Mortis (Inactive)

Game Master JonGarrett

A tale of surviving when the zombies aren't the only thing out to play.

Sewer Map - Alley Encounter Map


401 to 414 of 414 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Female Human Cleric 3 (admixturer wizard) HP 21/21; AC 18 (touch 11, FF 17); Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +7; Init +1, Perception +10 Channel Energy 2/6 Fire Bolt 6/7

"Why would they have been opening the door?"

A stream of possible explanations, each one more worrisome than the last one, pass through Abelone's mind. But there's no time for speculation, and the cleric hurries towards the sounds of battle.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Upstairs is chaos. Although none of the dead have managed to get inside, the main doors are partially open. The Inn Keeper stands, sharp, crisp blows driving the dead back. Several of the windows are also swarming with monsters.

And outside, something large can be heard moving around. Thumps and moans can be heard.


Male Aasimar (Garuda Blooded) Stalker 3 (VMC: Rogue) | HP: 24/24 | AC: 20 (16 Tch, 14 Ff) | CMD: 17 | F:5, R:9, W:11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10 (+11 vs Traps), SM:+10 | Ki Pool: 3/5 | Stance=Inner Sphere Stance | Conditions: Fatigued

"Uh... Well ****."

Abraham stares back at the others in momentary horror before quickly half-jogging forward towards the main doors presumably they are the most precarious to try and help hold off any of the creatures that he can from getting in. He begins trying to help push the door shut, regardless of any undead that might be in the middle.
Mighty Strength: 1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 - 1 = 4
"Anyone got any brilliant plans, now would be the time." He hollers as he does what he can.
I'm like, kind of a tank, right?...Right?


Stalker lvl 3, Rogue VMC, HP 24/24, AC 18/15/13, Saves +3/+9/+7, Init +8, Perception +12 (+13 vs traps), Ki pool 3/5. Speed 30, (With backpack, -10 speed, -1 AC & TAC), 7 Insanity

As Chloir doesn't think much of her raw strength, she draws her blades and slashes at any undead appendage that's sticking through the holes in the doors

Attack 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 2) + 3 = 10

Attack 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3) + 3 = 8

Sorry for the silence, it's been a bit busy and my phone broke, so no more posting on the train


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

It seems a few of us are having a rough time of things, myself included. Sorry for the delay.

Chloir's second attack severed an arm, and the monster staggered backwards as it's grip suddenly vanished. Through the brief gap in the sea of dead the Tengu saw...something...moving behind the other undead. At least 12 feet tall, and hugely shouldered, it seemed to be a fusion of several corpses...


Stalker lvl 3, Rogue VMC, HP 24/24, AC 18/15/13, Saves +3/+9/+7, Init +8, Perception +12 (+13 vs traps), Ki pool 3/5. Speed 30, (With backpack, -10 speed, -1 AC & TAC), 7 Insanity

<b>"There's something big out there. If it gets in there'll be no fixing this door even if we beat it. Either we shoot it or we fight it outside. Any ideas?"</b>


Male Aasimar (Garuda Blooded) Stalker 3 (VMC: Rogue) | HP: 24/24 | AC: 20 (16 Tch, 14 Ff) | CMD: 17 | F:5, R:9, W:11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10 (+11 vs Traps), SM:+10 | Ki Pool: 3/5 | Stance=Inner Sphere Stance | Conditions: Fatigued

"If we could get to the roof, or an elevated window maybe we could deal with it from afar before it pierces the door. It seems suicidal to go out at ground level as things are."

Abraham stops trying to hold the door, clearly not any better at it than Chloir would be and instead helps stab back the undead after drawing his Kukri's.
Will initiative 'Swift Claws' to stab twice.

Kukri 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Kukri 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Damage 1: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage 2: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Stalker lvl 3, Rogue VMC, HP 24/24, AC 18/15/13, Saves +3/+9/+7, Init +8, Perception +12 (+13 vs traps), Ki pool 3/5. Speed 30, (With backpack, -10 speed, -1 AC & TAC), 7 Insanity

Chloir nods towards Abraham, and runs towards the pack she left in the inn, grabbing her bow, arrows, and the grappling hook with rope for good measure. The latter may be needed as a crowbar to pry open a window, or to reach the roof.

She rushes up the stairs and looks for a way up the roof, or a window that's either not completely barred or seems only loosly nailed shut.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Abraham's attacks cut into the monsters pushing. The preasure on the door eased off for a moment as the uncordinated undead got themselves into a tangle.

Abraham, give me a DC 18 reflex save to slam the door shut before they recover, please.

Chloir heads up to the second floor and looks out at the streets below. A horde of somewhere around 80 undead, mostly zombies but with the quicker moving groups of ghouls and other, more intelligent undead moving around. Behind them is a Flesh Golem of some kind, although it looks both incomplete and damaged.


Male Aasimar (Garuda Blooded) Stalker 3 (VMC: Rogue) | HP: 24/24 | AC: 20 (16 Tch, 14 Ff) | CMD: 17 | F:5, R:9, W:11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10 (+11 vs Traps), SM:+10 | Ki Pool: 3/5 | Stance=Inner Sphere Stance | Conditions: Fatigued

Abe, seeing a moment, tries to slam the door, grunting in the effort of it all.
Reflex: 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 10 - 1 = 18
Fatigue in his bones still slowing him, but not quite enough, as he put all of his effort into seeing it close.

He stands back, eyeing the door and the rest of situation, seeing if anymore immediate help is needed. Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


Stalker lvl 3, Rogue VMC, HP 24/24, AC 18/15/13, Saves +3/+9/+7, Init +8, Perception +12 (+13 vs traps), Ki pool 3/5. Speed 30, (With backpack, -10 speed, -1 AC & TAC), 7 Insanity

Chloir knocks an arrow with a heavy heart. She doubts this will be enough to slow the creature down, but it's one of the few things she can do without being ripped apart in moments.

Longbow: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5
Extra damage if flat footed: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Abraham notes that several of the windows are still under attack. One has a woman being pulled through and the horde gains a grip.

Chloir's arrow hits the undead, but glances off it's skin.


Male Aasimar (Garuda Blooded) Stalker 3 (VMC: Rogue) | HP: 24/24 | AC: 20 (16 Tch, 14 Ff) | CMD: 17 | F:5, R:9, W:11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10 (+11 vs Traps), SM:+10 | Ki Pool: 3/5 | Stance=Inner Sphere Stance | Conditions: Fatigued

"Chloir, what's going on out there!?" Abraham yells, his voice becoming somewhat frantic as several different problems present themselves.

He moves to try and help the women by stabbing at whatever is holding her.
"Someone come over here and grab her!"

Kukri: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Whomp, whomp.
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Stalker lvl 3, Rogue VMC, HP 24/24, AC 18/15/13, Saves +3/+9/+7, Init +8, Perception +12 (+13 vs traps), Ki pool 3/5. Speed 30, (With backpack, -10 speed, -1 AC & TAC), 7 Insanity

Damn it all. These arrows are worthless against this horde.

Chloir hears the shouts from below, but doubts she can be downstairs in time to do anything useful. Instead, she looks around on this floor for any objects of light enough to be shoved out of the windows, but heavy enough to crush the undead below it. By the sounds of it, someone is getting grabbed. I suppose I start dropping things there, if I can tell where it is...

Perception to find useful objects to drop: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
Perception to determine on who's head I need to drop them to help the lady: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Strength check, in case I need it: 1d20 ⇒ 2

My max load is 100 lbs, my gear weighs about 33 lbs. I can drag up to 500 lbs of weight to the window.

401 to 414 of 414 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / In Memoriam Mortis - the Death of Harper's Bay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.