GM Knight's: Plunder and Peril! [Chapter 1 Completed!] (Inactive)

Game Master mishima

Tall tales of hidden riches are common in the pirate-infested taverns of the Shackles, but when Captain Varossa Lanteri claims to know the location of the secret treasure hoard of legendary Captain Jemma Redclaw, it seems she may be telling the truth. Captain Lanteri hires the PCs on as crew to help her assemble the magic key that will open the door to Redclaw’s treasure... and the ancient cyclops stronghold in which it’s hidden! Can the PCs survive long enough to claim their share of the lost loot, or will their enemies—or their allies—send them to a watery grave?


51 to 100 of 526 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Plunder and Peril Slides | | Giantslayer Slides

Lhinneth if you are feinting please try to show how in your description, even if its something as simple as jinking one way and then lashing out the other :).

With a grin Huldren pulls a sap steps forward pulling out a kosh with a feral grin and lashing out, but luckily his blow is clumsy and fails to penetrate Lhinneth's armor.

One of the half orcs moves up besides huldren and hurls a punch, which just catches the edge of the half elf's sleeve deflecting harmlessly away.

Huldren makes to dodge Lhinneth's fist leaving himself unprepared for an intimate meeting with her boot!

The second half orc seeing Huldren's pain and evidently deciding to take things seriously moves around to flank, but with her guard up Lhinneth is able to fend off his punch despite the distraction.

Roaring in pain Huldren cracks the half elf across the cheek with his sap, a powerful stinging blow that leaves a clear red mark in its wake. Lhinneth fends off a half orc fist and feints again before sucker punching Huldren right under the jaw!

Spinning she blocks the other half orcs's blow on her shield.

Huldren AC 14/10/14, CMD 16, HP 49/49 35 Non-lethal damage. Faint DC 15.

Half Orcs AC 16/11/15, CMD 18, HP 37/37. Faint DC 14.

Huldren Init: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Huldren Sap vs Lhinneth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Half Orc 1 Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Half Orc 2 Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Half Orc UAS vs Lhinneth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Half Orc UAS vs Lhinneth: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 = 20
Huldren Sap vs Lhinneth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 Nonlethal Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Half Orc UAS vs Lhinneth: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 = 16
Half Orc UAS vs Lhinneth: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 = 20


Plunder and Peril Slides | | Giantslayer Slides

There is now a combat map up in Slides.

Serenna races into the tavern at this point to see her friend surrounded by three burly thugs engaging in an all out brawl!

Serenna is up!

Initiative Order:

Serenna
Half Orc 1
Huldren
Lhinneth
Half Orc 2

Serenna Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Female Half-elf Brawler 2 / Rogue 3 | HP 36/36 {conditions: none} | AC 24 (Tch 15 FF 20) | F +6 R +11 W +2 | Init +6 | Perc +10, low-light vision

@GM Knight: I know, sorry! At the time, I didn't really know how things would have developed (like, what would their strategy be or even if Lhinneth would still be up and fighting by the time Serenna entered the fray), so I thought of just leaving a couple of rolls for you to elaborate on in order not to stall the game unnecessarily. More than happy to add a bit of flavour now that I have some context.

They... they actually look like they know what they're doing Lhinneth frantically realizes as she does her best to deflect blows coming from three different directions, her fighting skills tested to the limit. One swift kick to the groin has traditionally served her well when she wanted to end a fight before it even begun, but so far, it seems the hit only managed to further enrage her foes.

I might have bitten off more than I could chew. Serenna, now might be a good time to... "Oomph!" she grunts as the metallic taste of blood fills her mouth. Lucky shot. "Didn't your mother teach you that's no way to touch a lady?" she growls, feinting a second kick – luckily, the massive man falls for it, instinctively lowering his guard and leaving his jaw completely open for retaliation. Still, he doesn't fall.

Calistria's buttocks! What does it take to bring this guy down?

Finally, the sweetest sound she could ever hope to hear comes from behind her: wood thumping on wood, followed by a laboured, yet sultry, voice. "Yeah, about bloody idiots getting in the way... I could use some help here!"

@Serenna: see if you can take some pressure off of Lhinneth :) Through flanking and feinting, her non-lethal dps should be enough to subdue those guys eventually, provided she can stay in the fight. Being a brawl, I thought dealing lethal damage might be frowned upon by whatever authorities this town has...


Unchained Rogue (Knife master) 5 (AC: 20 [T: 14 FF: 16(18)] |HP: 33/33 | F+2, R+8, W+0 | Init: +4 |Perc: +7)

Serenna grins at her friend's predicament. "More of them Lhinneth? I thought just one half-orc was bad and now i find you flirting with two more! I suppose you want some help?"

With that she moves forward Grabbing object to use as improvised weapon if she spots one, preferably 2... metal beer mugs'd work behind the man who seems to be in charge (flank Huldren)

Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Perception to see an something to use as an improvised weapon: 1d1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

@Lhinneth: Serenna kinda sucks at non-lethal, unarmed damage but I can flank and see what else I can do... depends on the improvised weapon thing.


Plunder and Peril Slides | | Giantslayer Slides

Serenna not seeing any intimidate save for the roll, if you want to intimidate you have to explain what you are doing that is intimidating. I'll post something here, but in future just a roll will always fail - I generally think intimidate is a great RP provoker, and that combat is much more fun with a bit of banter. I also do not think you have the movement to flank Huldren, see the map you were directly in front of the door, so I have placed you flanking the closest half orc.

Serenna is easily able to snatch up a heavy pewter tankard, grinning at Huldren as she glances at his crotch she smashes the heavy base down upon a pair of abandoned friend sea urchin balls. The big man blinks looking distinctly worried,

"Here now play fair, we aren't aiming to kill nobody, but if you want to step things up we'll match you with steel."

Also its a move action to snatch something up, but it seems reasonable to allow it like drawing a weapon as part of movement, but if you wanted two you would need to either do the same thing enxt turn or spend a move action.


Plunder and Peril Slides | | Giantslayer Slides

One of the half orcs punches at Lhinneth, but is easily dodged, growling he steps aside and Huldren steps into his place the group acting in careful coordination. But despite maximizing his advantages a shaken Huldren, who keeps shooting glances at the squashed balls, is unable to hammer his sap hard enough to penetrate his half elf foe's armor.

Lhinneth is up!

Huldren AC 14/10/14, CMD 16, HP 49/49 35 Non-lethal damage. Faint DC 15. Shaken.

Half Orcs AC 16/11/15, CMD 18, HP 37/37. Faint DC 14.

Half Orc UAS: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 = 11
Huldren: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 2 + 2 = 20


Unchained Rogue (Knife master) 5 (AC: 20 [T: 14 FF: 16(18)] |HP: 33/33 | F+2, R+8, W+0 | Init: +4 |Perc: +7)
GM Knight wrote:
Serenna not seeing any intimidate save for the roll, if you want to intimidate you have to explain what you are doing that is intimidating. I'll post something here, but in future just a roll will always fail - I generally think intimidate is a great RP provoker, and that combat is much more fun with a bit of banter. I also do not think you have the movement to flank Huldren, see the map you were directly in front of the door, so I have placed you flanking the closest half orc.

no probs,... Idea was that the attitude was intimidating but I can dial it up a bit in future,... Also, didn't see the map was there, sorry.


Female Half-elf Brawler 2 / Rogue 3 | HP 36/36 {conditions: none} | AC 24 (Tch 15 FF 20) | F +6 R +11 W +2 | Init +6 | Perc +10, low-light vision

@Serenna: I think you could technically wield a dagger in one hand, and thus qualify for flanking by means of threatening, and make an unarmed attack with the other (thus dealing 1d3+2d4 dmg.). It's a bit fuzzier whether you can use Two-Weapon Fighting in conjunction with that; monks and brawlers can flurry even with both their hands full, though that might not be the case outside that specific circumstance. Unfortunately, successfully feinting simply denies a foe's DEX bonus for AC purposes and doesn't make him flat-footed.

Hardly ideal, considering you'd be provoking an AoO either way, but still – it's simply a matter of grinding them down before they can grind us down.

She'll never let that go. "They're all yours if you wish" Lhinneth replies through her teeth. Her focus once again shifting from Serenna to the fight, she deliberately leaves her left flank exposed, inviting a strike which nonetheless fails to penetrate the sturdy mithril chains hidden beneath her bodice.

"This one, though, seems to like it rough" she says shooting a vicious left hook aimed right at the man's right kidney. In so doing, she laughs at Huldren's threat of stepping things up. "No, you really won't. Mainly because you would have already been dead – you're simply lucky I'm enjoying this." Serenna joining the fray has very obviously boosted her cockiness.

Has she been using her fan, she would have added 5 dmg. to every roll...

___________________________________________________________________

No Action: take 5-foot step W (unless Serenna wants to sneak attack Half-Orc 2)

Move Action: feint vs. Huldren
   Bluff vs DC 15: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

Standard Action: attack Huldren
   Unarmed Strike (Combat Expertise): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1 + Sneak Attack (if Feint successful): 3d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 5) = 10

so close...


Plunder and Peril Slides | | Giantslayer Slides

No probs Serenna, early stages are for all of us to work the kinks out, so I tend to be more pedantic than the norm for a while in order to get across expectations, etc.

Just as the second half orc steps up and kicks Lhinneth in the side hard enough to leave a bruise Atrazar arrives, not at the bosun's table, but at the scene of the front runners in what appears to be a full on brawl with some burly types he is sure were never ahead of him.

Atrazar and Serenna are up!

Half Orc vs Lhinneth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 NonLethal Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Atrazar Init: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


HP 28/28; AC 20 (13T, 17F); F+6,R+5,W+7; Init+8, Perc+11 (+13 visual)

Atrazar isn't sure if he just walked into a brawl or if this is part of the contest. Either way, with the adrenaline racing through his veins from the race, he's game.

"Let's mix things up a bit."

Monster tactician ability summon monster allows for summon monster II with a standard action, causing 1d3 ⇒ 2 eagles to show up and provide flanking for anybody who needs it.

Seeing two eagles puff into being, Atrazar gestures at them.

"Distract the big guys!"

I'm not sure how you want to handle directing summons. I'm assuming here that a move action to get them moving like trained animals is fair. In this situation I want them to try and get in flanking position and do dirty tricks.


Plunder and Peril Slides | | Giantslayer Slides

Well you need to direct them but with standard animal int and no language dirty tricks probably are not going to happen, open to debate, but I don't see how you could direct it to do that especially when it would cause them to provoke. Generally speaking I would say you would need to be able to speak to a summon to get it to do something complex like that.

Basically you control your summons, and roll and describe their actions, but if you cannot speak to them they are pretty limited. Handle animal will allow you to get them to perform tricks, but without them knowing the trick you need to Push which is DC 25 and impossible. You can give the same special whistle code a falconer gives his trained eagle, but if the eagle does not know that code you are just making random noises at it. Open to clever workaround, but I cannot see anyway a summon would not use "lethal" attacks. Generally speaking I pick up the elemental languages ASAP so I can direct elementals when I need more summon versatility.


HP 28/28; AC 20 (13T, 17F); F+6,R+5,W+7; Init+8, Perc+11 (+13 visual)

My cinematic vision was them flying into the fray, screeching, flapping their wings, generally causing a ruckus, but not actually hurting anybody. Mechanic wise I guess that could be represented by them flying into flank and not attacking. Is that something I can get them to do?


Plunder and Peril Slides | | Giantslayer Slides

Not really Atrazar how do you communicate that to an eagle? Outside of many hours of training with a treat based reward system or some such I would say you really cannot.


Unchained Rogue (Knife master) 5 (AC: 20 [T: 14 FF: 16(18)] |HP: 33/33 | F+2, R+8, W+0 | Init: +4 |Perc: +7)

Serenna moves around the table, clutching the tankard, until she's behind the one of the half-orcs facing Lhinneth. "They're not really my type." she shouts at her friend. Using the tankard as a kind of improvised shield, as she kicks at the half-orc from behind.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 (-1 To hit, +1 to AC)
Damage: 1d3 + 2d4 ⇒ (2) + (4, 2) = 8

(Provokes AAO depending on how you read unarmed combat rules.)


HP 28/28; AC 20 (13T, 17F); F+6,R+5,W+7; Init+8, Perc+11 (+13 visual)

Atrazar calls upon the gods and channels the power of retroactive continuity.

Atrazar isn't sure if he just walked into a brawl or if this is part of the contest. Either way, with the adrenaline racing through his veins from the race, he's game. He moves close to the fighting, keeping a table between himself and the men who seem to be hostile to him.

"Let's mix things up a bit."

Monster tactician provides summon monster II as a standard action that lasts one minute per level.

With the grinding sound of rocks crashing together a small earth elemental comes into being along the back wall of the room. Atrazar calls out to it, drawing upon his knowledge of the elemental languages.

"Flank the big men and try to trip them. No killing blows."

The earth elemental, being magically compelled to obey, can't even complain about the suboptimal combat strategy. Instead it tries to trip Huldren.

Trip: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 = 17

No Improved Trip, so this provokes from Huldren. Atrazar is assuming the guy with the beard is the more important target.


Plunder and Peril Slides | | Giantslayer Slides

Not sure how you can read them so it does not provoke Serenna?

The half orc lashes out at Seranna, but she is able to block his blow with her tankard and land a kick.

Huldren snaps around startled at the earth elemental's appearance and strike it his blow sending the elemental's trip attempt off course.

Huldren and one of the half orcs move to flank the elemental the half orc's fist sending clods of earth flying as the earthern being falls and vanishes. Huldren seeing his blow is not need pulls a small vial from a pocket.

Damage taken from an aoo on a combat maneuver is applied as a penalty to you maneuver check I am afraid. So the 17 becomes an 11 in this case.

Lhinneth is up!

Huldren AC 14/10/14, CMD 16, HP 49/49 35 Non-lethal damage. Faint DC 15.
Half Orc 1 AC 16/11/15, CMD 18, HP 37/37. Faint DC 14.
Half Orc 1 AC 16/11/15, CMD 18, HP 37/37 8 Non-lethal damage. Faint DC 14.

Half Orc vs Serenna AOO: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Huldren vs Earth Elemental AOO: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 Nonlethal Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Half Orc vs Elemental: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 = 18 Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Female Half-elf Brawler 2 / Rogue 3 | HP 36/36 {conditions: none} | AC 24 (Tch 15 FF 20) | F +6 R +11 W +2 | Init +6 | Perc +10, low-light vision

Is Huldren still at 35 non-lethal dmg.? Lhinneth dealt an additional 11 dmg. to him last round (rolled a modified 15 which should have been enough to beat his AC) – did he quaff some healing potion in the meantime? Incoming description as soon as this is sorted out; I want to see whether he goes down or not (it's also likely I'm missing something here).

EDIT: I see where the confusion might have stemmed from, it was probably my so close... comment; it was actually meant as '4 more dmg. and he would have been down already' ;)

EDIT^2: Serenna might have been referring to considering the tankard an improvised weapon dealing non-lethal damage ;)

___________________________________________________________________

No Action: take 5-foot step S

Move Action: feint vs. Huldren
   Bluff vs DC 15: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Standard Action: attack Huldren
   Unarmed Strike (Combat Expertise): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6 + Sneak Attack (if Feint successful): 3d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 1) = 6


Plunder and Peril Slides | | Giantslayer Slides

I assume not since she was using it as a shield and was not taking the -4, but could be.

You are quite right Lhinneth he was at 46 non lethal so that should down him.


Unchained Rogue (Knife master) 5 (AC: 20 [T: 14 FF: 16(18)] |HP: 33/33 | F+2, R+8, W+0 | Init: +4 |Perc: +7)

So that'd be Serenna up?

Serenna throws the tankerd to the floor, steps to the side to keep Lhinneth on the opposite side of the half-orc from herself, and then launches two punches at it's kidneys.

Provokes AAO
Attack 1: 1d1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
damage 1: 1d3 + 2d4 ⇒ (1) + (3, 3) = 7
Attack 1: 1d1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
damage 1: 1d3 + 2d4 ⇒ (3) + (3, 3) = 9


Plunder and Peril Slides | | Giantslayer Slides

Yup, we also have Salty arriving.

Lhinneth's fake out and strike combination finally floors Huldren who strikes the floor boards hard as he descends into unconsciousness.

Half Orc 1 AC 16/11/15, CMD 18, HP 37/37. Faint DC 14.
Half Orc 2 AC 16/11/15, CMD 18, HP 37/37 24 Non-lethal damage. Faint DC 14

Atrazar is up!

Initiative Salty: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Female Half-elf Brawler 2 / Rogue 3 | HP 36/36 {conditions: none} | AC 24 (Tch 15 FF 20) | F +6 R +11 W +2 | Init +6 | Perc +10, low-light vision

"Good to know" she manages to needle back Serenna despite her predicament. "So as we wait for the Prince of Taldor to make his entrance and ask for your hand, would you mind – Ooomph!"

Lhinneth's body bends as in a crescent due to the force of the half-orc kicking her side. This stopped being fun long ago. For a moment, she believes she's witnessed a most peculiar occurrence happening right besides her – a clump of dirt coalescing into some sort of weird homunculus as it lunged at Huldren's legs, only to get punched back to dust for his troubles – but she resolves to focus on her fight first, and investigate the strange phenomenon later.

She makes as if to knee Huldren in the belly, and waits for the brawny yet increasingly black-and-blue man's reaction before suddenly extending her limb in a rising kick which leaves her legs almost completely split. With a sickening crunch, her heel connects with her foe's nose, causing his head to lash backwards and spraying blood all over his face. With a loud THUD, he collapses on the tavern's wooden planks.

"One down, two to go."


Male Half Orc Alchemist 8

On Salty's turn...
Salty only takes a fraction of a second to see someby attacking Lhinneth and Serenna.
"Go away! The girls are mine! Run for your pitiful lives!"
He charges (if able) against the closest one, trying to bite his head off!
Melee Bite (+2 Charge): 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


HP 28/28; AC 20 (13T, 17F); F+6,R+5,W+7; Init+8, Perc+11 (+13 visual)

Norvin makes a rude noise as he watches the earth elemental get taken down, but Atrazar shrugs. Through long experience he's learned not to get emotionally attached to his summoned allies. After all, there's always more where they came from.

Drawing on the power of Erastil, Atrazar watches with satisfaction as another earth elemental comes into being, this one between the two half-orcs.

"Help the half-elf."

The earth elemental swipes a club-like hand into the face of the half-orc that is sandwiched between the other two fighters, aiming not to hurt it but rather to help Lhinneth land her next strike.

Aid Another: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Plunder and Peril Slides | | Giantslayer Slides

Face contorting in anger and pain the injured half orc staggers sideways, away from the elemental and out of the flanking position and slams a fist into Serenna's stomach.

Salty rushes in and tries to sinks his teeth into the nearest orc's scalp, but only gets a mouthful of hair,

"The Hells you tryin' to do crazy, you want to make things bloody! We can do bloody!" snarls the half orc.

Lhinneth is up! And gets +2 to hit the injured Half Orc

Half Orc 1 AC 16/11/15, CMD 18, HP 37/37. Faint DC 14.
Half Orc 2 AC 16/11/15, CMD 18, HP 29/37 24 Non-lethal damage. Faint DC 14

Half Orc IUAS vs Serenna: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Female Half-elf Brawler 2 / Rogue 3 | HP 36/36 {conditions: none} | AC 24 (Tch 15 FF 20) | F +6 R +11 W +2 | Init +6 | Perc +10, low-light vision

"No-one's doing bloody, understood?" roars Lhinneth as she delivers a powerful roundhouse kick to the distracted half-orc's temple, cutting his protests for good.

She turns to face Huldren's last standing lackey. "Now, will you be the one smart guy who goes back home with all his teeth intact, or shall we feed you to the fishes?" she snarls pointing at what used to be Valavarans, and is now an even uglier version of him. Didn't think it was possible, but here you go.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 not really trying to get him shaken (would have to spend a Standard Action I don't have, among other things), rather make him realize the odds are now terribly against him – they couldn't defeat us when it was 3 against 1, and now it's just him vs. the four of us.

___________________________________________________________________

No Action: take 5-foot step E

Standard Action: attack injured half-orc
   Unarmed Strike (Combat Expertise, flanking, aided): 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 1 + 2 + 2 = 18 Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 2, 5) = 11


Unchained Rogue (Knife master) 5 (AC: 20 [T: 14 FF: 16(18)] |HP: 33/33 | F+2, R+8, W+0 | Init: +4 |Perc: +7)

Serenna moves around to stand next to Lhinneth in front of the remaining half orc, ready to attack the thug again if it shows signs of wanting to continue the fight. "I don't know if he looks smart enough to count to four, maybe he still thinks he's got a chance?" she says to her friend as she moves. I reckon we should just finish him off and cut his balls off."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Female Half-elf Brawler 2 / Rogue 3 | HP 36/36 {conditions: none} | AC 24 (Tch 15 FF 20) | F +6 R +11 W +2 | Init +6 | Perc +10, low-light vision

"Would probably make for a meagre trophy" Lhinneth shrugs unfolding her fighting fan with an elegant gesture of her wrist. The sharp, metallic sound it produces leaves little doubt about its lethality. "Still..."

___________________________________________________________________

well since I had a Move Action to spare :)

Move Action: draw fighting fan


Male Half Orc Alchemist 8

Trying to help intimidate him, "Sour" growls.
"I am hungry!"
He lets some saliva fall from his lips and serrated teeth.


Male Human Savage Barbarian 5
Spoiler:
HP:55(65)/55(65) AC 18/15/14 Saves F+7:R+5:W+3 Rage: 12/12;

As he dodges around the drunks on his way to the tavern from the drinking competition, even they look with disgust at the tattooed man. His body and hair contains the remains of his last meal, mixed with foul smelling liquor and sweat. He politely smiles at them, Wonder what made them look so, I didn't see anything that disgusting on the way here.


Plunder and Peril Slides | | Giantslayer Slides

Outside of the tavern a small crowd of racers have gathered discussing the fighting going on inside and obviously leary of plunging into a brawl. Arven ignores them and pushes on through and is just in time to see the last half orc spit on the floor and wordlessly turn away grabbing each of his companions by the collar and hauling them away to the side of the room.

As Arven enters a bald heavily tattooed man stands from the shadows of the small stairwell behind Lhinneth grunting to draw the groups attention,

"You'll do," he raps his chest with his knuckles, "Yamtisy, Bowson. Good fight. Up here," so saying he turns and heads upstairs.


Male Half Orc Alchemist 8

"Sour" follows him, Not a word gets out from his monstrous lips.


Unchained Rogue (Knife master) 5 (AC: 20 [T: 14 FF: 16(18)] |HP: 33/33 | F+2, R+8, W+0 | Init: +4 |Perc: +7)

Serenna lowers her guard "Well that was fun," she grins at Lhinneth "Shall we see what the Captain's got to offer?"

With that she links arms with her friend and follows the tattooed man.


HP 28/28; AC 20 (13T, 17F); F+6,R+5,W+7; Init+8, Perc+11 (+13 visual)

Atrazar dismisses his earth elemental and follows along.


Male Human Savage Barbarian 5
Spoiler:
HP:55(65)/55(65) AC 18/15/14 Saves F+7:R+5:W+3 Rage: 12/12;

Seeing the pretty women go upstairs, thinking that he could be missing some free entertainment, he staggers across as he wipes some newly arrived bile across his face. [b]Hic ... "Wash I mished? I'm with the ladieisssss, their protector". A stupid smile crosses his face and he follows them all.


Female Half-elf Brawler 2 / Rogue 3 | HP 36/36 {conditions: none} | AC 24 (Tch 15 FF 20) | F +6 R +11 W +2 | Init +6 | Perc +10, low-light vision

Guard down, arms folded, Lhinneth follows the half-orc's movements with a cocky look of defiance in her eyes. Her gaze carries over to the late-comers thronging the tavern's entrance, as if daring them to step in and challenge their rightful place. "Thought as much" she confidently smirks as no-one seems to be willing to pick up the metaphorical gauntlet.

"Yeah. Let's. We earned it" she says with a smile, allowing Serenna to grab her arm and drag her upstairs, closely followed by their three 'protectors'.


Plunder and Peril Slides | | Giantslayer Slides

The Bowson heads over to a table taking a seat putting his feet up and thrusting forward an open ledger, filled with rows of scrawled signatures and marks. He nods to a quill and looks up expectantly. A cursory inspection reveals it to be a crew manifest, and it seems to be more a place to keep track of share entitlements than a contract.

Five minutes later Captain Lanteri strides in with a cocked pistol rammed painfully into the base of a familiar half orc's neck, "People tell me this vermin and his friends impersonated my crew and earned themselves a thrashing. So me and Squealer here had a little conversation and decided it would only be fair if he and his fatheaded cronies handed over all of their valuables to the victors as a little apology. Hand them over Squealer."

Gritting his teeth in pain the half orc limps forward and places a bundle of items at Lhinneth's feet.

Loot:

Bolded items detect as magical.
9 Potions
2 chain shirts
2 saps
2 warhammers
2 amulets
tanglefoot bags (4)
masterwork chain shirt
masterwork spear
masterwork light crossbow
10 bolts
masterwork sap
cloak
everburning torch
sunrods (5)
2,868 gp


Male Half Orc Alchemist 8

"Sour" moves to test the potions, giving each of it a quick look.
1: Craft (Alchemy) (to Identify Potions -1 Mutagen): 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 10 - 1 = 24
2: Craft (Alchemy) (to Identify Potions -1 Mutagen): 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 10 - 1 = 27
3: Craft (Alchemy) (to Identify Potions -1 Mutagen): 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 1 = 25
4: Craft (Alchemy) (to Identify Potions -1 Mutagen): 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 10 - 1 = 22
5: Craft (Alchemy) (to Identify Potions -1 Mutagen): 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 10 - 1 = 27
6: Craft (Alchemy) (to Identify Potions -1 Mutagen): 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 10 - 1 = 26
7: Craft (Alchemy) (to Identify Potions -1 Mutagen): 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 1 = 15
8: Craft (Alchemy) (to Identify Potions -1 Mutagen): 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 10 - 1 = 20
9: Craft (Alchemy) (to Identify Potions -1 Mutagen): 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 10 - 1 = 18
He also tries to identify the other items.
Amulet 1: Spellcraft (-1 Mutagen): 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 1 = 18
Amulet 2: Spellcraft (-1 Mutagen): 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 1 = 24
Masterwork Spear: Spellcraft (-1 Mutagen): 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 1 = 10
Everburning Torch: Spellcraft (-1 Mutagen): 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 1 = 25
"I very handy around the Tanglefoot bags." - he says in his deep growling voice, matter-of-factly - "but I don't need them." - he finishes with a wide and tooth filled smile.


Female Half-elf Brawler 2 / Rogue 3 | HP 36/36 {conditions: none} | AC 24 (Tch 15 FF 20) | F +6 R +11 W +2 | Init +6 | Perc +10, low-light vision

Slightly bent over the ledger, Lhinneth glances over the letters and numbers feigning interest, but her mind is busy wondering how long it will take before the Captain makes her appearance and they could talk about real treasure. Turns out, she didn't have to wait too long after all.

"Aye, Captain" she salutes the gun-wielding woman, straightening her spine as she turns to face her. "Figured as much – those landlubbers are poorer liars than they are fighters, and that's saying something. I still reckoned punching anyone who would falsely claim to be part of your crew would be a most auspicious way to inaugurate our... ahem... business relations. Looks like I was right" she says, squatting down next to Valaravans to inspect the loot and making a bunch of gold pieces trickle down her fingers. "Poor Squealer" she mockingly teases the half-orc. "Looks like you won't be keeping much more than your teeth and your balls after all. You still managed to cut a better deal than your friends, though."

She peruses through some of the other items, but it's quickly clear she can't make much sense of them besides the more obviously mundane ones. The hulking shark-like half-orc, though, looks like he actually knows what he's doing, so Lhinneth simply stands up once more and face the Captain. "This has surely been an enticing appetizer – now let's talk the main course. Let's talk this... Captain Redclaw’s... gold, shall we?" she offers with a wide smile on her lips.


Unchained Rogue (Knife master) 5 (AC: 20 [T: 14 FF: 16(18)] |HP: 33/33 | F+2, R+8, W+0 | Init: +4 |Perc: +7)

Serenna keeps looking at the ledger a little longer than her friend, trying to keep some of the names and, more importantly, the share entitlements. When the captain comes in with the half-orc, she chuckles. "Don't treat him too bad captain. It was a nice bit've exercise, although I think I will avail myself of one or two of those goodies."

Sifting through the pile she picks up two saps (one of which is the masterwork sap). "I might take these," she says, "punching people bloody hurts."


Male Human Savage Barbarian 5
Spoiler:
HP:55(65)/55(65) AC 18/15/14 Saves F+7:R+5:W+3 Rage: 12/12;

"Good job, Capshtian" Arven says loudly, "Thank yoush, for theshe fine giftsh." He looks rather confused, but understands that these are worth money, "I am shure that thish ish jusht reward for beshting these vagabondshh." He nods in agreement with himself, though the effort of putting these words together means he slumps against the wall. He looks at the women, who are already starting to talk business with the captain, and shrugs, before his face opens with a stupid smile.

He watchs the man with the strange bottles study the gifts, hoping that something will com his way, even though he wasn't involved in the brawl, although the chase to the inn felt like a brawl to him. Now I'd besht jush do what them girls want, they sheem to be very .... hmmmm!!


Shoving the beaten orc out the door by the face, she pulls a thin, light green handkerchief from a vest pocket, wiping the muzzle and looking you all over as you plunder the goods.

"Rounds on me...but we'll need a new table." Her drunken bosun rolls her eyes and takes an extraordinarily long time to pick the crew manifest and herself out of a sloth of extreme comfort, heading upstairs.

Lanteri strides strongly forward with an aura of confidence, and its hard to not feel her attention. "So, heard of the treasure yet? I imagine you might have some questions before signing on..."


Salty, do you have some ability I am missing that lets you ID magic stuff besides potions? Think you need detect magic or identify at least. But the potions of course are no problem for an alchemist, you succeed at 8 of 9.

Potent Potables:

lesser restoration (2)
cure serious wounds (4)
darkness
shillelagh


Male Half Orc Alchemist 8

You are right, I do not.


The crew manifest lies open on the table, with a quill and ink ready nearby waiting. A quick perusal reveals it to be a pseudo-legal document, binding you to the service of Captain Lanteri for the duration of recovery of Redclaw's treasure. Your are to be "boarders and repellers" with board, grub, and grog along with a "non-negotiable" 1/16th share of the booty.

"Patience isn't a virtue I believe in. I want to get back to the sea. Still, I understand you might want more information about what this is all about. Now is your chance."

A few full bottles of dark rum are brought in.


Male Half Orc Alchemist 8

Salty tells the other what the potions are about, and which one he wasn't able to identify.
"Bad quality, I guess."
Who takes what?


Female Half-elf Brawler 2 / Rogue 3 | HP 36/36 {conditions: none} | AC 24 (Tch 15 FF 20) | F +6 R +11 W +2 | Init +6 | Perc +10, low-light vision

Lhinneth takes a seat and stretches first one, then another long leg before laying them to rest on the table. She picks up the manifest and reads it intently; most of it seems to be some sort of pseudo-legalese mumbo-jumbo which quickly bores her as she skips over the minutiae and quickly gets to the point which most interests her. She frowns, her stare fixed on one paragraph in particular.

"One sixteenth, huh?" she says arching one eyebrow, raising her gaze to meet the Captain's. At a first glance, she is everything Lhinneth has always admired and strived for in life: a bold, beautiful, successful Pirate Lord commanding her own ship and taking s*$# from nobody. Still, she refuses to be intimidated, or at least to let it show.

"Don't get me wrong, I understand that. Hell, considering what sort of crew you might have ended up with in this den of landlubbers, I'd go as far as to call it far too generous. But us? We've won your little race and punched those buffoons to the ground before most contestants even made it here. This guy" she points at Valaravans "can turn into foe-dismembering, shark-like... thing... at a moment's notice. Also, he can cure hangovers, which makes him worth all the treasures in Shackles combined if you ask me. Then, we have a bull of a man, a summoner, and the quickest knife-mistress this side of Port Peril – trust me, you want to have her where you can see her. Lastly, there's little ol' me. As you might have noticed, I can be very persuasive... in more ways than one" she remarks with a mischievous smile, opening her fan while making a sharp metallic sound in the process.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

"Then again, I suppose you're free to turn to other sources if you don't like our terms" she insinuates pointing at the duo lying unconscious on the floor. "Though you strike me as the kind of woman who doesn't settle for second best."


Yamtisy whips out a craggy stone utility knife, thrusting it into the table top before slamming a shot of rum. "Now listen, don't be thinkin' yer hot stuff there, missy...you won a little game, you haven't proved yourself on the high seas!"

Lanteri laughs it off, putting both her hands on the table and gazing around at you. "She has a point, I wouldn't let the crew hear you talk like that...you're going to have to earn their friendship as much as mine to get through this with both eyes. But I've got a soft spot for a woman who understands enterprise, and that's exactly what you are. 1/12th then, nothing more."

Yamtisy begrudgingly picks up the quill and makes the necessary amendments.


Female Half-elf Brawler 2 / Rogue 3 | HP 36/36 {conditions: none} | AC 24 (Tch 15 FF 20) | F +6 R +11 W +2 | Init +6 | Perc +10, low-light vision

"Aye aye Captain" says Lhinneth while casting an amused look at the Bosun. We didn't win that game. We aced it. Not that the likes of you are ever likely to notice the difference.

Soon, the crew manifest has another flowery, Elven signature added to it, and a glass of rum is raised in the air and promptly quaffed down. "To auspicious beginnings" she toasts, legs still on the table, trying to ignore her still queasy stomach's protest.

"Now, the ever-boring details. Who's this Redclaw gal? More importantly... does anybody else know about this treasure of hers?"


Male Half Orc Alchemist 8

"Sour" Valaravans growls.
"Never been called a woman before, but for 1/12th, I'll stand it."


Smirking at Sour she lowers her voice and draws in closer "Redclaw...aye...A scourge of the seas from years past. She was a relentless fighter—she even replaced her arm with a claw of red metal...Numerian-like. Her ship, the Fearsome Tide, seemed able to sail indefinitely and was never seen in port. They say she amassed quite a trove of gold, art, and even magic. Once she disappeared, most assumed her treasure was lost. But now I know how to find it..."

"You don’t make captain of any ship without making a few enemies. My husband he told some friends about Captain Redclaw’s treasure before he met me. Now that he’s passed, his so-called friends, or whatever scum they’ve told about it, may well come to take what’s rightfully mine! Not to mention that even though the Magpie Princess was already half mine, a few argued I shouldn’t take it upon my husband’s death. Some argued... strenuously. We’ve dealt with most of them, but there’s a featherbrain or two who still mean me harm...'

51 to 100 of 526 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Knight's: Plunder and Peril! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.