GM Darkblade's Kingmaker Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master GM Darkblade

This is a Kingmaker AP play by post previously for members of the IBEX community, now open to the general gaming community as a whole.


1,701 to 1,732 of 1,732 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

Male Human Sorcerer (Infernal) - Level 1 HP: 6

Double move westward to join engagement with dhampir


Breeg and Auchs form up with Echo, the former leading the way, the latter lumbering along behind. You run good, not like funny man the orgish like man offers as way of conversation during the jog.

Akiros runs ahead, veering off as Brampton stops short to sort out his pack. He watches the castle proper, calling to the other bandits, End this quickly, we haven't much time.

Patrol C, aided by his companions, again swings his Longsword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 at Eirikk, the sword glancing aside as the necrocaster's heavy cloak deflects the point away from any vital points.

Patrol D cleaves his own Shortsword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 downwards, but the wizard stumbling back as C's blade jerked him out of line for the blow saves his life.

Patrol E, trying to gauge the efforts of his companions, thrusts forward with his own Longsword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21, piercing the dhampir's bicep for Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4, drawing a thick, dull red blood to slowly ooze from the wound.

Through sheer luck it would seem the dhampir yet draws breath, though now his fate falls to the hands of the Heroes of the Greenbelt.

Round 3 Update

Initiatives
First Group: Brampton, Echo, Akiros, Breeg, Auchs, Nugrah (escaped)
Second Group: Ayerth, Irakli, Silas, Patrol C, D, and E, Eirikk (blind/stunned), Catapult C (helpless), and Catapult "Dovan" (helpless)
Third Group: Orin (unconscious/stable), Owlbear Keeper (unconscious/stable)

Second Group is up, 36 hour timer counting

Updated Map


M Elf Cleric 3
Quick Stats:
HP 13/17, AC 21, touch 13, FF 18 Init +3; Senses low-light vision; Perception +4 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments

Can I heal any of our ally bandits? I'm having trouble telling.


Akiros is injured and not in combat, the letter A on the map. Of the three bandits fighting Eirikk, Patrol D is also injured, the southernmost red dot, directly below Eirikk.


M Elf Cleric 3
Quick Stats:
HP 13/17, AC 21, touch 13, FF 18 Init +3; Senses low-light vision; Perception +4 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments

Move, then, and cure light wounds on Eirikk: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


You are going to move up and heal the bandit the others are fighting, the necro-caster?


Male Elf Wizard 3 AC 13, touch 13, FF 10 Init +7; Senses low-light vision; Perception +10 Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments

[b]"What are you doing!? Don't heal him, he's not on our side!"[/dice]

Trying to get a flank on him.

Ayerth draws his curved Elven Longsord and tries to end the threat of the enemy caster.

1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 2 = 18
1d8 ⇒ 5


M Elf Cleric 3
Quick Stats:
HP 13/17, AC 21, touch 13, FF 18 Init +3; Senses low-light vision; Perception +4 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments

Sorry, healing Patrol D. I misread it.


Ayerth rushes up around the other fighters, passing Silas as the cleric moves to heal one of the wounded. The elven wizard manages to score a thrusting strike against the dhampir, not quite the flanking maneuver he had hoped, but a solid blow which drops the wizard to the ground, blood flowing from a few wounds landed by the other bandits. Silas pauses as the man falls, his move to heal momentarily suspended in light of the successful end of the immediate conflict.

DM Roll:

Roll 1: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Roll 2: 1d10 ⇒ 5
Roll 3: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7

Congratulations, you have successfully invaded the castle perimeter and gained a few potential allies in the process. You must now determine how to best enter the castle and seek out the Stag Lord, before Dovan rallies any remaining defenders as well as the Stag Lord and leads them against you.

Feel free to throw out a few actions you wish to undertake, but nothing outrageous. Consider that you have perhaps no more than 10 rounds to decide individual actions, then you will need to resume acting as a group.


Male Elf Wizard 3 AC 13, touch 13, FF 10 Init +7; Senses low-light vision; Perception +10 Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments

Ayerth gives the undead looking human on last stick before wiling and sheathing his blade.

"Stupid dwarf! Hope he has some spells left at least. Go heal him Silas."

"Baron, did you get the older caster?"


M Elf Cleric 3
Quick Stats:
HP 13/17, AC 21, touch 13, FF 18 Init +3; Senses low-light vision; Perception +4 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments

Assuming a major heal is useful for that, Ayerth, I think I have one moderate left.

CMW: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1) + 3 = 8

Whoever's the most injured after that gets my last CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Human Male Fighter 4 [HP 19/48] [AC:19 T:10 FF:19 CMD:19] [Init +3] [Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +2] [Perception +3]

Brampton pulls out a wand from pack and hands it to Silas.

"Use this to get everyone healed up. I think we are going to need it."

Wand of CLW with 50 charges. Add it to your inventory.

He then turns and looks at the group to see where they stand.

"Irakli go check on Ser Brandon. See if he still draws breath. If not see if he has anything useful on him or personal effect that we can return to his kin"

"Akiros, we captured the gate and have Darobi, Rasme, and Hermi tied up down there. Will they follow you?"


In summary:

Silas runs over to Orin and applies 12 HP of healing, which will restore him to consciousness and 10 HP. He is still wounded.

Orin is restored to consciousness and is sitting next to a stable but down bandit.

Brampton hands a wand to Silas and gives orders to Irakli. He asks questions of Akiros.

Ayerth asks questions of Echo.

Akiros and the other bandits regroup on the roof over the gatehouse. They bind the two live prisoners, watch your group and whisper amongst themselves. Akiros indicates he is not sure of the loyalty of the group below, as they had not vocally spoken out in favor of Dovan and the Stag Lord, but they also never joined in the gripe sessions either.

(Ayerth has 9 actions remaining)
(Bandits have 8 actions remaining)
(Brampton has 8 actions remaining)
(Echo has 10 actions remaining)
(Irakli has 10 actions remaining)
(Orin has 9 actions remaining)
(Silas has 7 actions remaining)


M Elf Cleric 3
Quick Stats:
HP 13/17, AC 21, touch 13, FF 18 Init +3; Senses low-light vision; Perception +4 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments

Right, then. Silas will heal until everyone's feeling good.

CLW 1: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
CLW 2: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
CLW 3: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
CLW 4: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
CLW 5: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
CLW 6: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
CLW 7: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Human Male Fighter 4 [HP 19/48] [AC:19 T:10 FF:19 CMD:19] [Init +3] [Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +2] [Perception +3]

Brampton heads for the gatehouse and checks on the prisoners. He opens the hatch and look down to see if the prisoners are still tied up.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

If everything looks good he will yell down, "Hey Darobi I have to ask you something. Akiros, Breeg, Auchs, and a couple others have turned against the Stag Lord and have joined us? We have killed Eirikk and badly wounded Nugrah. Would you like to help us? Baron Echo will honor your deal with him either way but we could us the help."


Brampton finds that the way below has been shut, the crossbar below holding the hatch firmly closed. He can hear faint sobbing below.

Silas, in what order do you which to apply the healing? Such as first Orin, then Echo, yourself, Ayerth, Irakli, lesser bandit, Akiros, Auchs, bandit prisoner, etc...


M Elf Cleric 3
Quick Stats:
HP 13/17, AC 21, touch 13, FF 18 Init +3; Senses low-light vision; Perception +4 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments

Sure, sounds fine—the first seven of those each getting one heal.


Anyone else have any actions or ideas to post?


Human Male Fighter 4 [HP 19/48] [AC:19 T:10 FF:19 CMD:19] [Init +3] [Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +2] [Perception +3]

Brampton hurries over to the other hatch to check and see if it is open.


Brampton rushes over to the other tower and finds the trap door is not barred. There is a drop of about 12 to 15' to the ground below, or you might try to swing over onto some of the stacked supplies and climb down from there, at your discretion.

Brampton 6 actions remaining

In the courtyard, a hooting howl rises up, as the young owlbear escapes the confines of the stables and begins shuffling around the open area, sniffing for something, or someone, to eat.


Male Dwarf Wizard: 3 | HP: 10/21 | AC:17 T:12 FF:13 | CMD:14 | Fort: +7 Ref:+4 Will:+5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +1

Orin groans, takes a momentarily bleary eyed look at Silas, and says "I apparently must apologize for sleeping on the job. Than you, Silas, for your aid."

Orin grabs his ax where it fell nearby and uses it to lever himself up. This feels unfortunately familiar. He thinks to himself. Trotting over to the bulk of the party and the ranks swollen by bandit members they are not currently fighting, he whispers to Ayerth, "Has ... someone done some recruiting while I slept?"


Male Elf Wizard 3 AC 13, touch 13, FF 10 Init +7; Senses low-light vision; Perception +10 Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments

"Yes, we have found some new allies amongst the Staglords men."

Darkblade the undead looking character was that Erick or was that someone else that was climbing the walls? Also the sobbing is coming from where the river men were tied up correct?

"Do any of these catapults actually work? And who here can man them?!"


The undead looking necro-caster was Eirikk, now likely dead.

The bandit that climbed down the wall looked like the bandit you found murdered in the stream near Kresle's camp, a bandit named Yoshiri. None of your group killed Yoshiri, he escaped the ambush at the onset, able to see in the dark and moved very quickly for a lowly bandit. It seemed likely someone killed Yoshiri before you arrived and pretended to be him shortly before your ambush.

The bandits indicate that Dovan led the catapult crew, there is only one catapult, and two of the men that could fire it are now in your custody.

Yes the sobbing is coming from below, where the prisoners, Darobi and his allies, were bound and secured.


Male Dwarf Wizard: 3 | HP: 10/21 | AC:17 T:12 FF:13 | CMD:14 | Fort: +7 Ref:+4 Will:+5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +1

So, we're hearing sobbing coming from below and there is also an owlbear in the courtyard... is the door to that guardroom shut or did we just tie up three people for the owlbear to saunter in and eat? Because it that's what's about to happen, I would kind of like to make it so that it doesn't happen that way.


Human Male Fighter 4 [HP 19/48] [AC:19 T:10 FF:19 CMD:19] [Init +3] [Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +2] [Perception +3]

Ayerth closed and blocked the door if I remember correctly. We wanted to keep the owlbear locked in the courtyard. When we came upstairs we had pulled the ladder up behind us but now the hatch is locked so someone or something was able to get up there without a ladder.

"I am going down to see what is going on. Get the ladder and follow me"

Brampton lowers himself down and drops to the floor.

Acrobatics to avoid damage: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0

Hitting the floor hard with a curse he stands up and pulls out a potion and drinks it.

Enlarge Person


Brampton drops down hard, landing awkwardly and falling onto his arse. He takes Nonlethal: 1d6 ⇒ 1 and Lethal Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4 in the attempt. Prone position

He finds the door to the outer courtyard still barred, though the portcullis out of the castle is open. Two of the bandits are dead, the last is covered in blood, sobbing to himself. He starts at Brampton's sudden arrival and cries out, Doans kills me. He dids it. Yoshiri killt em. Dids it an left. Killed me Darobi an left. Saids ta tell ya's His mistress be watching, ya's is warned, stops tha intraferrin. Tha lands be hers agin. Looking over at Darobi, he starts crying, Me Darobi, he's dead. Why, why'd ya's comes here boi.

In the corner nearby, the sleeping guard from above is likewise dead, throat cut, laying in a pool of his own blood.

Norry, Darobi, and Rasme are dead. Only Hermi survived and he is apparently upset most about the death of his "friend" Darobi.


Human Male Fighter 4 [HP 19/48] [AC:19 T:10 FF:19 CMD:19] [Init +3] [Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +2] [Perception +3]

GM Darkblade:
Did I find all that before I stood up and drank the potion? If so can I save it for later

Brampton goes over and unties Hermi.

"Calm down, I am not here to kill you. We are still after the Stag Lord. Some of his men have joined us. Take care of your friend and I will be back soon."

Then he wait for the ladder to be lower down so he can get back up top.

Brampton does not know anything about Yoshiri since he joined the party after they meet him


Male Elf Wizard 3 AC 13, touch 13, FF 10 Init +7; Senses low-light vision; Perception +10 Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments

Ayerth lowers the ladder.

"The killer is now outside the walls and the owlbear will be on you soon. Climb up, both of you!"


Yes Brampton would have seen all this before consuming the potion. The owlbear should not be able to enter the gatehouse as the doorway to the courtyard is still barred. You will either need to face it if you want to cross the courtyard, or ask for options from the other bandits.

Hermi unties Darobi, lowering his dead body to the floor, crying and sobbing into the dead man's chest.


Human Male Fighter 4 [HP 19/48] [AC:19 T:10 FF:19 CMD:19] [Init +3] [Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +2] [Perception +3]

Brampton goes and closes the outside door. He leaves the grief stricken Hermi to deal with the dead.

Heading upstairs he heads for Baron Echo and Akiros.

"Something evil happened down there. Hermi said that Yoshiri killed the others and left him alive to deliver a warning. Yoshiri told him, "His mistress is watching and to stop interfering. The lands will be hers again.". Does that mean anything to you?"


Male Elf Wizard 3 AC 13, touch 13, FF 10 Init +7; Senses low-light vision; Perception +10 Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments

"Yes. Some godlike dryad claims these lands and gave us a warning. When we upset the balance between the Sootscales and the Mites, she slew both parties. It also leads me to believe we are dealing with some kind of shape changing fey creature. I believe we may have found the actual Yoshiri's body. A changeling perhaps?"


Human Male Fighter 4 [HP 19/48] [AC:19 T:10 FF:19 CMD:19] [Init +3] [Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +2] [Perception +3]

Brampton shrugs his shoulders.

"I guess it could be.", he look over at Akiros, "If you know anything about this we can discuss it later. I seem to remember that we are supposed to be following your lead here. What's the plan?"

1,701 to 1,732 of 1,732 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Darkblade Kingmaker Discussions All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.