GM Brunoreturns' Shattered Star

Game Master brunoreturns

Venture Captain Sheila Heidmarch needs your help to recover a lost field agent.

Do you have what it takes to serve the Pathfinder Society and save the world?

Party Loot Spreadsheet
Player Handouts


3,401 to 3,416 of 3,416 << first < prev | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | next > last >>

Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

Do the scrolls have the arcane version or divine? Or PFS rules (either can use)?

The big, weird half-orc concentrates for a few seconds before a ghostly rat shimmers into shape in his hand. Barkot walks over to the edge of the water and the rat dives in.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Duration: 3 minutes. Details in the spoiler.

Eyes of the Streets:

Eyes of the Streets
Category: Oracle Revelation (Streets Mystery)

Once per day as a full-round action, you can summon a spirit rat, pigeon, or similar tiny creature to serve as your eyes on, above, and beneath the streets—this spirit serves as an arcane eye. At 10th level, you can summon multiple such spirits; this ability functions as prying eyes. At 15th level, this ability functions as greater prying eyes.

Arcane Eye
Level: 3
School: divination (scrying)
Components: V, S, M (a bit of bat fur)
Casting Time: 10 minutes
Range: unlimited
Duration: 1 min./level (D)
Save: none
Resistance: no

You create an invisible magical sensor that sends you visual information. You can create the arcane eye at any point you can see, but it can then travel outside your line of sight without hindrance. An arcane eye travels at 30 feet per round (300 feet per minute) if viewing an area ahead as a human would (primarily looking at the floor) or 10 feet per round (100 feet per minute) if examining the ceiling and walls as well as the floor ahead. It sees exactly as you would see if you were there. The eye can travel in any direction as long as the spell lasts. Solid barriers block its passage, but it can pass through a hole or space as small as 1 inch in diameter. The eye can't enter another plane of existence, even through a gate or similar magical portal. You must concentrate to use an arcane eye. If you do not concentrate, the eye is inert until you again concentrate.

Appears in: Heroes of the Streets


Shattered Star Maps

The rat heads down to the stairs, through the shimmering blue field, and out through the seaweed to the ship Paeral saw.

It is a fishing trawler, standing nearly vertical on the bottom of the cove, with a large hole in the side of it. There may or may not be anything in the ship itself buried under rubble. It will likely take about a minute to move the rubble out of the way.

However, the rat does spy four creatures who have taken up residence in the wreck. They are about three feet long and look like the body of an eel merged with the head and pincers of a lobster.

Knowledge is Dungeoneering

We will allow anyone to use the scrolls. There are about two minutes left on the spell once it returns to Barkot.


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

Barkot doesn't have Knowledge (Dungeoneering) - anyone else?

Barkot describes the ship, rubble, and the creatures around it to the others. Once the rat is back, Barkot sends it through the door to the west and down the stairs there.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

Knowledge Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

"I do not like the idea of messing with eels on their home turf, Paeral. This ranseur may be able to reach them. Thoughts?"


Shattered Star Maps

Heading to the western intersection, the rat peers up the stairs to the right. Barkot is pretty sure that stair leads up to the area where the party first encountered Nupperibos.

Turning to the left, the rat goes past another hallway headed west, then down a set of stairs into another room.

This oddly shaped room retains some of the trappings of its former glory. Remarkably well-preserved tapestries hang at the back of alcoves above stone benches. Both depict a mountain with a woman’s face carved into the peak above an immense bridge that crosses the ocean below, while at the mountain’s base rises a strange city.

A single stone pillar stands in the middle of the room, the image of a seven-pointed star with a hole in its center carved into its north face. A brass portcullis stands to the west, barring entry into a hallway leading beyond.

After a moment to make sure the room has no occupants, the rat examines the pillar more closely and notes that the center of the star is a triangle shape instead of the usual circle.

Knowledge(History) DC 25:
The city depicted appears to be Xin-Bakrakhan, the capital of Bakrakhan which was the nation of the Thassilonian empire ruled by Azlanist

Knowledge(History or Arcana) DC 25:
The star's orientation appears wrong. Usually, the Sihedron is presented with a tip pointing straight up. This one has a tip pointing straight down

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13| CMB:3 CMD:18| Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9

"You may be right, Deric...but piercing weapons do better under water than others...with your ranseur and my short sword, if we can get a flank, we may be able to make short work of 'em...but it's not without risk, my friend..."


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

Barkot describes the room downstairs and its contents to the group, then asks Soralyon's guidance (twice) as he tries to remember what the symbol and images refer to.

Both longshots, but...

Knowledge (History), guidance - 1st spoiler: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 = 11

Knowledge (History), guidance - 2nd spoiler: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 = 13

"An' dat's all's I c'n see. I don' t'ink I ever seen dat symbol drawn 'xactly like dat before."


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

Deric attempts to help Barkot
knowledge history: 1d20 ⇒ 14


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Reillana shrugs at Barkot's description. "Great, another ruin we don't know anything abo--wait. Wait, that sounds like the capital of Alaznist's corner of Thassilon. Xin...Xin-Bakrakhan? I think that's right."


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

"Common is not your first language is it, Rei?"
Deric looks confused and amused.

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

"It's all Hallit to me," Squint admits.


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

"No, nor my second." Reillana shrugs again.


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

"Hey, don' make fun of Rei's accent, Deric. It ain't ev'rybuddy who c'n talk in da Common lingo perfectly, like us."


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

"Point well made, Barkot. So what is the plan? Shall we Xin...Xin-Bakrakhan?"


Shattered Star Maps

What's next?


Shattered Star Maps

Knowledge(History): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Sending the rat through the Portculis, Barkot sees a hallway that ends in a closed door. With no hole to pass through, the rat has to turn back.

Barkot next sends the the rat through the northern corridor, where it encounters a wide room with a pillar on either end. The northern pillar shows Alznist, while the southern pillar depicts several robed men, each holding a segment of the seven pointed star.

The floor is covered in strange runes.

For any more information, you'll need to visit the room.

Following the hallway on the other side of the wide room, the rat passes by another set of stairs leading up to a closed door, then a corner that wraps around to the south, leading to a circular chamber with a raised balcony.

Two nupperibos are in the circular chamber, jabbing at each other with spears, while two imps can be seen in the balcony, waving their arms and laughing.

Past the imps another short hallway leads to a small room with a flowing fountain in the north wall and three closed doors. Rubble is heaped between the fountain and the norther door.

With that the rat's time expires and it disappears.

3,401 to 3,416 of 3,416 << first < prev | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Brunoreturns Shattered Star All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.