Darkest Corners volume 2

Game Master Harakani


2,001 to 2,050 of 2,191 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>

The sound of chanting peaks, and stops - though no-one appears.
Okay; map. Sound of chanting came from the room 30ft east and 5 ft right of the stairs. Figure you can each count yourselves as having just come down the stairs in any order you want. PCs are up.


Female Halfling Bard(Archeologist) 6 | 35/45 HP | AC21 Touch=15 FF=17(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 15 | Fort=6 Refl=11(Evasion) Will=6 | Initiave 5; Perception 16/18(Trap Spotter) |
Skills:
Knowledge (all)10/12 | 17 Stealth | 18 Disable Device | 9 Acrobatics | 8 Escape Artist/Sleight of Hand | 12/15 Diplomacy/Bluff | 7 Spellcraft/Linguistics | 12/27 Disguise

Daria moves to the wall next to the Door...if they were waiting for them, the would best take a moment to get in position, then rush in - but you never knew with Diene...
Move action to get to a spot diagonally from the door. Ready action to cast Silence IF the door is opened - target choosen depending on what I see(most likely a point in space covering most of the room beyond.


Female Construct (Clockwork) | Investigator 6 | Hp 26/33 | AC 18, Touch 13, FF 16 | CMD 20 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +6 | Per +15 | Init +6 | Active: See Invisible, Mutagen; 60m. Ablative Barrier 6h/30damage. Magic Circle against Evil 50min

Ophelia heads to the opposite side of the doorway, across from Daria.


Female I have nothing witty to write. :/ Half Elf The other half's AWESOME! Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 2/Monk (Kata Master) 4
Status:
HP 34/45 | AC 14 | T 14 | F 13 | CMD 24 | F +9 | R +5 | W +7 | Init +0 | Per +13 | Panache 2/2 | Rage 3/7 | Ki 4/4

What is a wall but a miserable pile of timbers?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 Strength Check, do I get a bonus for charging?

Diene expects that the enemy will probably be doing the smart thing, exactly what Mia and Ophelia are doing, so she decides she'll take em by surprise if she goes through the wall!

"RAAAAUUUUUUUGH!"


Human Urban Druid/6 | HP 34/39 | AC 23 T 13 FF 21 | F 6 R 5 W 12 (14) | Per +12 (14) | Init +6 | Special: Owl's wisdom 2 minutes, Barkskin 60 minutes, Long Strider 60 minutes, Spider climb 15 minutes

Oh root and stone and blood and HELL! Isama rushes to try and keep up with her Sargent. She's two steps behind her though, of course.


Awesome, but we've had a miscommunication. Let me try a combat map. I've opened it up a bit to make it easier to see where walls are.
The X represents a best guess as to where the chanters are. Consider yourselves at the bottom of the stairs and take your actions.


Awesome, but we've had a miscommunication. Let me try a combat map. I've opened it up a bit to make it easier to see where walls are.
The X represents a best guess as to where the chanters are... and also where they are (it was a good guess. Consider yourselves at the bottom of the stairs and take your actions. You can move yourself - I've given edit permission. Xs wil AoO if you try to go past them.


Female Construct (Clockwork) | Investigator 6 | Hp 26/33 | AC 18, Touch 13, FF 16 | CMD 20 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +6 | Per +15 | Init +6 | Active: See Invisible, Mutagen; 60m. Ablative Barrier 6h/30damage. Magic Circle against Evil 50min

Oooooh I thought they were behind a door or something :P

As she is at the rear, Ophelia will ready an action to simply move up and cover as many of the team as possible with the Magic Circle after they all have moved : )


Female Halfling Bard(Archeologist) 6 | 35/45 HP | AC21 Touch=15 FF=17(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 15 | Fort=6 Refl=11(Evasion) Will=6 | Initiave 5; Perception 16/18(Trap Spotter) |
Skills:
Knowledge (all)10/12 | 17 Stealth | 18 Disable Device | 9 Acrobatics | 8 Escape Artist/Sleight of Hand | 12/15 Diplomacy/Bluff | 7 Spellcraft/Linguistics | 12/27 Disguise

Diene could still go through the walls...just saying...*whistles innocently*

Daria moves into cover and casts Silence at a point in space near where the chanting was heard before. Whoever was there noticed them...making sure no others would be alerted was a top priority right now.


Female I have nothing witty to write. :/ Half Elf The other half's AWESOME! Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 2/Monk (Kata Master) 4
Status:
HP 34/45 | AC 14 | T 14 | F 13 | CMD 24 | F +9 | R +5 | W +7 | Init +0 | Per +13 | Panache 2/2 | Rage 3/7 | Ki 4/4

I can't waste that roll, yes, Diene will still go through the wall


Female Construct (Clockwork) | Investigator 6 | Hp 26/33 | AC 18, Touch 13, FF 16 | CMD 20 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +6 | Per +15 | Init +6 | Active: See Invisible, Mutagen; 60m. Ablative Barrier 6h/30damage. Magic Circle against Evil 50min

Yes rolls are a terrible thing to waste.

Walls on the other hand ... :P


Human Urban Druid/6 | HP 34/39 | AC 23 T 13 FF 21 | F 6 R 5 W 12 (14) | Per +12 (14) | Init +6 | Special: Owl's wisdom 2 minutes, Barkskin 60 minutes, Long Strider 60 minutes, Spider climb 15 minutes

They're not our walls. And I guess since we're working off the clock we don't have to file property damage reports so.. it's all good!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Bard(Archeologist) 6 | 35/45 HP | AC21 Touch=15 FF=17(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 15 | Fort=6 Refl=11(Evasion) Will=6 | Initiave 5; Perception 16/18(Trap Spotter) |
Skills:
Knowledge (all)10/12 | 17 Stealth | 18 Disable Device | 9 Acrobatics | 8 Escape Artist/Sleight of Hand | 12/15 Diplomacy/Bluff | 7 Spellcraft/Linguistics | 12/27 Disguise

Well, technically, we are burglaring the place...I mean, we ARE breaking and entering. It's their property, and the reason we decide to assail them was because a bunch of butterflies told us otherworldy spiders make drugs here that are involved in a citywide conspiracy plot.
Legally speaking, I would not bet on us winning that case if they press charges...


Female I have nothing witty to write. :/ Half Elf The other half's AWESOME! Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 2/Monk (Kata Master) 4
Status:
HP 34/45 | AC 14 | T 14 | F 13 | CMD 24 | F +9 | R +5 | W +7 | Init +0 | Per +13 | Panache 2/2 | Rage 3/7 | Ki 4/4

That assumes they are still able to press charges.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Construct (Clockwork) | Investigator 6 | Hp 26/33 | AC 18, Touch 13, FF 16 | CMD 20 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +6 | Per +15 | Init +6 | Active: See Invisible, Mutagen; 60m. Ablative Barrier 6h/30damage. Magic Circle against Evil 50min

That gives me an good villain idea! A Lich that sues the party for property damage and such every time he comes back :P


Female I have nothing witty to write. :/ Half Elf The other half's AWESOME! Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 2/Monk (Kata Master) 4
Status:
HP 34/45 | AC 14 | T 14 | F 13 | CMD 24 | F +9 | R +5 | W +7 | Init +0 | Per +13 | Panache 2/2 | Rage 3/7 | Ki 4/4

Oooh, that is a pretty fun idea.


Diene bursts through the wall.
The room beyond shows how the Band comes and goes in secrecy. The house here is built directly into the Main Wall... and someone has carved a tunnel through it. Velvet curtains tied back with filthy gold cord reveal an iron portcullis cast with a webbed motif. Cobwebs drape the
forms of two carved wooden mannequins dressed as robed cultists, which flank each side of the portcullis. More robes hang from hooks, along with a plethora of paraphernalia, mostly occult.
The stone form of a fireplace here suggests this wall is harder to penetrate, but further in the walls look more like plaster.

Diene bursts through the next wall in a shower of plaster and splinters. She shouts a quip - and finds one of the most impressive entrances of her life tainted by a zone of magical silence.

Three cultists turn to look boggle eyed at the ruined wall. Unable to cast anything they raise sickles and descend on Diene. The last - not hearing the destruction, steps out into the coridoor confident his companions have his back.
giving them a surprise penalty. I'd be surprised!

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Diene's AC is 16 with protection from evil, right?

Diene takes 3 points of damage. PCs are up.


Female Construct (Clockwork) | Investigator 6 | Hp 26/33 | AC 18, Touch 13, FF 16 | CMD 20 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +6 | Per +15 | Init +6 | Active: See Invisible, Mutagen; 60m. Ablative Barrier 6h/30damage. Magic Circle against Evil 50min

Ophelia takes a brief moment to contemplate the fleeting nature of walls and then steps up behind Diene. She fixes her gaze at the cultist top-right and then attempts to stab him in the face with her longspear.

To Stab!: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

Damage?: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Actions: 5-foot step. Move to use Studied Combat. Standard to use Stab. Targeting top right cultist.

Note1: I think the cultist gets cover since I stab over Diene

Note2: I'm not sure if Ophelia was placed on the map as a placeholder or if she were supposed to be there but I just went with it : )

Note3: Diene has the Crowd Control class feature thingy that gives +1 AC when adjacent to two or more foes, so her AC should be 17 with Circle I think. Assuming of course that these doomsday cultists are indeed evil!


Human Urban Druid/6 | HP 34/39 | AC 23 T 13 FF 21 | F 6 R 5 W 12 (14) | Per +12 (14) | Init +6 | Special: Owl's wisdom 2 minutes, Barkskin 60 minutes, Long Strider 60 minutes, Spider climb 15 minutes

Is the gap in the wall 5 feet wide or wider?


@Ophelia: Put there so your circle covers. Good point on the AC.
@Isama: close enough, I think. You can step through Diene's square, but you'll need Acrobatics or something if you want to go through a cultist.


Female I have nothing witty to write. :/ Half Elf The other half's AWESOME! Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 2/Monk (Kata Master) 4
Status:
HP 34/45 | AC 14 | T 14 | F 13 | CMD 24 | F +9 | R +5 | W +7 | Init +0 | Per +13 | Panache 2/2 | Rage 3/7 | Ki 4/4

I have stated that I mage armored myself, but apparently I didn't get it into my statline like I was supposed to.

Silence? That was no fun. Must be those tricksy cultists. Well, that wouldn't protect them from her punches!

Reckless Punches: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 341d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
Reckless Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 111d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 Whichever hits first gets +4 to damage.

If either attack hits, demoralize attempt: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (8) + 22 = 30

Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
Crit Damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

Unless they've got AC higher than 29, one hit for 29 damage and another for 16. I also suspect the target is both shaken and sickened,
if not unconscious.

If Diene downs a target, she will five foot step into their square.

7 Minutes of +2 Str/+2 Nat AC, 1 hour Mage Armor for +4 AC


Female Halfling Bard(Archeologist) 6 | 35/45 HP | AC21 Touch=15 FF=17(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 15 | Fort=6 Refl=11(Evasion) Will=6 | Initiave 5; Perception 16/18(Trap Spotter) |
Skills:
Knowledge (all)10/12 | 17 Stealth | 18 Disable Device | 9 Acrobatics | 8 Escape Artist/Sleight of Hand | 12/15 Diplomacy/Bluff | 7 Spellcraft/Linguistics | 12/27 Disguise

Daria steps out from behind cover, her crossbow levelled at the cultist straight ahead. Knowing he won't be able to hear her, she raises her other hand flat, to gesture for him to stop right there...

If he decides not to comply, moving from the space for any reason except obvious terror, she will fire the bolt.

Attack: 1d20 + 11 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 3 = 17 Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 3 = 9
If it hits, the cultist is designated, giving +2 morale bonus to melee hit/damage for my allies vs him for a round.


Human Urban Druid/6 | HP 34/39 | AC 23 T 13 FF 21 | F 6 R 5 W 12 (14) | Per +12 (14) | Init +6 | Special: Owl's wisdom 2 minutes, Barkskin 60 minutes, Long Strider 60 minutes, Spider climb 15 minutes

Seeing no obvious way through from her vantage point Isama doubles back and tries to go around, only to meet the cultist that Mia just shot. She rushes at him and slashes him with her scimitar.

Scimitar: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

+2 to both rolls if designated as per Mia


Diene demolishes the cultist in front of her as easily as she demolished the wall. Behind her Ophelia steps up and lays into her own opponent.

Meanwhile the attacker Mia and Isama attack seems warded by some magic that deflects their blows, and is miraculously unhurt.

That cultist steps back, vanishing from sight as it moves.
has gone invisible; represented with dashed border

The two cultists Diene is fighting look at each other, then step forward to attack!
In unison they swing their blades. Only the one at the end manages to hit though, the one in the middle obviously worried about Ophelia's weapon.

mechanics:

1 has flanking - and sneak attack. The one in the middle of D and O
attack 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 dam: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
attack 2: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 = 13
confirm attack 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

4 dam to Diene


Human Urban Druid/6 | HP 34/39 | AC 23 T 13 FF 21 | F 6 R 5 W 12 (14) | Per +12 (14) | Init +6 | Special: Owl's wisdom 2 minutes, Barkskin 60 minutes, Long Strider 60 minutes, Spider climb 15 minutes

Oh no ya don't. Isama grunts and waves a hand to cast Faerie Fire on the spot where the cultist had vanished. He glows green, completely negating his arcane attempt to vanish. Then Isama steps forward with a grin, pointing her scimitar at the cultist. Tell us what the heck is happening here and we'll show mercy!


Female Construct (Clockwork) | Investigator 6 | Hp 26/33 | AC 18, Touch 13, FF 16 | CMD 20 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +6 | Per +15 | Init +6 | Active: See Invisible, Mutagen; 60m. Ablative Barrier 6h/30damage. Magic Circle against Evil 50min

Ophelia stepped back into the Diene-shaped hole to get some more distance to properly leverage her spear. It was an interesting situation; they had one of the cultists surrounded but they were all over the Sergeant. Now, that wasn't completely fair, since Ophelia speculated that the cultists would suffer more from the proximity of Diene's fists then the other way around ...

To Hit: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Damage?: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

5-foot step -> stab. I'm not sure if the closes cultist is the one Ophelia studied before or not, but if not, add a move action to study to that list!


Female I have nothing witty to write. :/ Half Elf The other half's AWESOME! Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 2/Monk (Kata Master) 4
Status:
HP 34/45 | AC 14 | T 14 | F 13 | CMD 24 | F +9 | R +5 | W +7 | Init +0 | Per +13 | Panache 2/2 | Rage 3/7 | Ki 4/4

After felling her first foe with a savage headbutt followed up with a swift knee to the 'nads, a combination of raw brutality with sneaky cunning, Diene was shanked in the back/side. Diene was not happy with this, and whirled around to unleash her fury on the offender.

Reckless Punches: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 201d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
Reckless Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 141d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 First to hit gets +4 to damage.

Demoralize Attempt, if either hits: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (12) + 22 = 34
If first hit demoralizes, the second automatically sickens for 1 rd.

AC 20 atm, +6 from temp buffs, -1 from Reckless, +1 from crowd


Female Halfling Bard(Archeologist) 6 | 35/45 HP | AC21 Touch=15 FF=17(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 15 | Fort=6 Refl=11(Evasion) Will=6 | Initiave 5; Perception 16/18(Trap Spotter) |
Skills:
Knowledge (all)10/12 | 17 Stealth | 18 Disable Device | 9 Acrobatics | 8 Escape Artist/Sleight of Hand | 12/15 Diplomacy/Bluff | 7 Spellcraft/Linguistics | 12/27 Disguise

Daria steps forward as she reloads, takes aim and shoots again.
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Only a glancing blow, certainly, but sufficient to designate her target to any allies who could take advantage from it.


mechanics:
attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 dam: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
dam: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

@Isama; would have to step back 5 ft to cast & talk
Trapped between Ophelia and Diene the backstabber drops to the floor in seconds. Diene's lone attacker takes the opportunity to slash at Diene - but without the ongoing distraction provided by his friend does little more than bruise.
3 damage to Diene
The “invisible” cultist, wreathed in illusory fire and marked by Mia, raises something in their hand - impossible to tell what through the glare - and a wave of negative energy washes over everyone, including the companion facing Diene, who glares hatred at his erstwhile ally as he stumbles from the assault. In the aftermath any invisibility has fled.
9 damage, will dc 11 to halve


Female I have nothing witty to write. :/ Half Elf The other half's AWESOME! Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 2/Monk (Kata Master) 4
Status:
HP 34/45 | AC 14 | T 14 | F 13 | CMD 24 | F +9 | R +5 | W +7 | Init +0 | Per +13 | Panache 2/2 | Rage 3/7 | Ki 4/4

Will Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 Is pathfinder round down or up in this scenario? I want to say round down but I'm not sure if that's wishful thinking.

Note to Self from the Past: Included 3 damage from dagger guy, have not included probably Channel Energy Damage.


Human Urban Druid/6 | HP 34/39 | AC 23 T 13 FF 21 | F 6 R 5 W 12 (14) | Per +12 (14) | Init +6 | Special: Owl's wisdom 2 minutes, Barkskin 60 minutes, Long Strider 60 minutes, Spider climb 15 minutes

Will save: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34

Isama shrugs off the negative energy and charges forward, convinced by the foul emanation that the foe isn't going to surrender.

Scimitar charge marked: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10

-2 AC from charge


Female Construct (Clockwork) | Investigator 6 | Hp 26/33 | AC 18, Touch 13, FF 16 | CMD 20 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +6 | Per +15 | Init +6 | Active: See Invisible, Mutagen; 60m. Ablative Barrier 6h/30damage. Magic Circle against Evil 50min

Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Ophelia moves trough the negative energy burst to cut off the only obvious escape route and flank both remaining targets. Seeing as her previous Studied target was downed she took a moment to analyse the moments of the channelling cultist.

Move to move, Move to study target


Female I have nothing witty to write. :/ Half Elf The other half's AWESOME! Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 2/Monk (Kata Master) 4
Status:
HP 34/45 | AC 14 | T 14 | F 13 | CMD 24 | F +9 | R +5 | W +7 | Init +0 | Per +13 | Panache 2/2 | Rage 3/7 | Ki 4/4

AC 19 atm, +6 from temp buffs, -1 from Reckless

More Reckless Punching: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 331d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
More Reckless Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 171d8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 First to hit gets +4 to damage.

Demoralize, yada yada, he won't survive the damage anyway: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (9) + 22 = 31


Female Halfling Bard(Archeologist) 6 | 35/45 HP | AC21 Touch=15 FF=17(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 15 | Fort=6 Refl=11(Evasion) Will=6 | Initiave 5; Perception 16/18(Trap Spotter) |
Skills:
Knowledge (all)10/12 | 17 Stealth | 18 Disable Device | 9 Acrobatics | 8 Escape Artist/Sleight of Hand | 12/15 Diplomacy/Bluff | 7 Spellcraft/Linguistics | 12/27 Disguise

Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Daria was taken by surprise when the wave of negative energy washed over her...she had been prepared for illusions, for mind games, mental control and what now...but that? Unexpected.
Reloading her crossbow, she fires another bolt designating the Cultist who channeled a moment ago.

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Ophelia moves into position a moment before the cultist near Diene is smashed into paste.

The remaining cultist, caught between Isama and Ophelia, seems to be considering something - perhaps fleeing - when Daria's crossbow renders such thoughts moot. Silently snarling something, another wave of dark energy fills the room.
damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3 dc 11 will to halve

[url=https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/14GzZ_60dxqz2u1S3B54pol0A85xjX-NP5oePy3fSiGE/edit?usp=sharing]Map[/url here.


Human Urban Druid/6 | HP 34/39 | AC 23 T 13 FF 21 | F 6 R 5 W 12 (14) | Per +12 (14) | Init +6 | Special: Owl's wisdom 2 minutes, Barkskin 60 minutes, Long Strider 60 minutes, Spider climb 15 minutes

Will save: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32

Isama shrugs off the negative energy again and slices the evil channeling cultist in front of her.

Scimitar marked: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 2 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7


Female Construct (Clockwork) | Investigator 6 | Hp 26/33 | AC 18, Touch 13, FF 16 | CMD 20 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +6 | Per +15 | Init +6 | Active: See Invisible, Mutagen; 60m. Ablative Barrier 6h/30damage. Magic Circle against Evil 50min

Will!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Ophelia steps back a little bit so she can leverage her spear properly. Then she goes for a stab!

To Hit: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Damage!: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10


Female I have nothing witty to write. :/ Half Elf The other half's AWESOME! Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 2/Monk (Kata Master) 4
Status:
HP 34/45 | AC 14 | T 14 | F 13 | CMD 24 | F +9 | R +5 | W +7 | Init +0 | Per +13 | Panache 2/2 | Rage 3/7 | Ki 4/4

Diene charges in with a slam, trying to take down the man nonlethally, in case the others wanted to interrogate him.

Will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Charging Reckless Nonlethal Punch: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35
Damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Demoralize: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (19) + 22 = 41

AC 17 atm.


Map here.


Female Halfling Bard(Archeologist) 6 | 35/45 HP | AC21 Touch=15 FF=17(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 15 | Fort=6 Refl=11(Evasion) Will=6 | Initiave 5; Perception 16/18(Trap Spotter) |
Skills:
Knowledge (all)10/12 | 17 Stealth | 18 Disable Device | 9 Acrobatics | 8 Escape Artist/Sleight of Hand | 12/15 Diplomacy/Bluff | 7 Spellcraft/Linguistics | 12/27 Disguise

Why do I bother designating him :P +2/+2 for both Ophelia and Diene on to hit/damage...
Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Fully expecting the man to go down when her allies pile up on him, Daria simply stays ready...just in case.
Ready action...if he attempts to channel again, I'll hit him with a Cacophonous Call.


The last cultist falls - silently.
The room is splashed with red, and filled with debris. In the aftermath a fragment of wall detaches itself from the roof beam and crashes noiselessly to the floor.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female I have nothing witty to write. :/ Half Elf The other half's AWESOME! Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 2/Monk (Kata Master) 4
Status:
HP 34/45 | AC 14 | T 14 | F 13 | CMD 24 | F +9 | R +5 | W +7 | Init +0 | Per +13 | Panache 2/2 | Rage 3/7 | Ki 4/4

Diene lets loose a wild whooping howl of victory... that looks like very awkward stretching because there's no sound.


Female Construct (Clockwork) | Investigator 6 | Hp 26/33 | AC 18, Touch 13, FF 16 | CMD 20 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +6 | Per +15 | Init +6 | Active: See Invisible, Mutagen; 60m. Ablative Barrier 6h/30damage. Magic Circle against Evil 50min

Ophelia probes the fallen cultists with the butt of her spear to check that they are down and proper. After that she takes a moment to watch Diene's triumphant ritual. She really wasn't sure what it did, but it was always fascinating.

The clockwork then pointed towards the closest door. She wanted to check out the rooms on this floor before moving to the next, just in case there were any more cultists waiting to cut off their retreat.


Human Urban Druid/6 | HP 34/39 | AC 23 T 13 FF 21 | F 6 R 5 W 12 (14) | Per +12 (14) | Init +6 | Special: Owl's wisdom 2 minutes, Barkskin 60 minutes, Long Strider 60 minutes, Spider climb 15 minutes

Isama nods. They were working completely out of protocol now but they couldn't call for backup and cultists channeling pure evil changed matters.


Female Halfling Bard(Archeologist) 6 | 35/45 HP | AC21 Touch=15 FF=17(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 15 | Fort=6 Refl=11(Evasion) Will=6 | Initiave 5; Perception 16/18(Trap Spotter) |
Skills:
Knowledge (all)10/12 | 17 Stealth | 18 Disable Device | 9 Acrobatics | 8 Escape Artist/Sleight of Hand | 12/15 Diplomacy/Bluff | 7 Spellcraft/Linguistics | 12/27 Disguise

Daria took a moment to search the cultists for any hints as to what else was going on in this place.
She had expected the place to be home to some drug kingpin, drug production facilities, plenty of goons - but not some kind of cult.
Not that it didn't fit perfectly, but if there was more to this, she wanted to know.
Particularily, she makes sure to take possession of the Holy Symbol of the final Cultist, taking a closer look at it to identify what God they served.
When done, with the Silence wearing off, she shares her findings with the others in whispers, and follows Ophelia - after briefly considering, then dismissing the option of following Diene.


Female I have nothing witty to write. :/ Half Elf The other half's AWESOME! Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 2/Monk (Kata Master) 4
Status:
HP 34/45 | AC 14 | T 14 | F 13 | CMD 24 | F +9 | R +5 | W +7 | Init +0 | Per +13 | Panache 2/2 | Rage 3/7 | Ki 4/4

Diene catches on pretty quick when Ophelia points at a door, and decides to politely open this one. For variety.


In addition to minor bric-a-brac and equipment, Daria finds a trove of items.

trove:

4 scrolls of cure moderate wounds
4 doses of antitoxin
16 doses of vials marked with a spider symbol[1]
8 doses of vermin repellent.
4 leather armour
4 amulets shaped like a spider[2]
4 silver holy symbol [3]
4 strange sickles [4]
1 strange needle device (empty) [5]
102gp
three are also bottles of Varisian pear brandy (worth 30 gp each) stashed behind a crooked shelf in the back bar.
Items with footnotes have follow up information below.

#1 Craft Alchemy 17 or Appraise DC 23:

#2 Detect Magic and Spellcraft DC 18:

Amulet of Natural Armor +1

#3 Knowledge Religion DC 20:

A holy symbol of the incredibly obscure spider demigod Mog-Lathar.
feel free to make another knowledge religion roll - presumably with aid another - to make the DC to know more.

#4 Knowledge Engineering DC 15 or Craft DC 20:

This spider legged shape sickle seems to be an incredibly well crafted (masterwork) sickle - with a difference. The leather wrapped handle contains a hollow recess that can hold a single dose of poison. Once filled, the reservoir keeps the blade saturated and viable for up to 2 hours. The first successful attack made with the spider-leg sickle during this time administers and expends the dose of poison.
Filling the reservoir is a full-round action that carries the usual risks of poisoning yourself.
It appears the cultists did not take the time to fill their reservoirs before you attacked.

#5 Knowledge Engineering DC 15 Heal DC 15 or Craft Alchemy DC 10:

A cunningly made injector, consisting of a hollow needle attached to a flexible reservoir. Presumably a way of taking a potion or drug it currently stands empty.

In addition, once the room is revealed it is possible to see there is a staircase going down in the corner of the map.


Human Urban Druid/6 | HP 34/39 | AC 23 T 13 FF 21 | F 6 R 5 W 12 (14) | Per +12 (14) | Init +6 | Special: Owl's wisdom 2 minutes, Barkskin 60 minutes, Long Strider 60 minutes, Spider climb 15 minutes

Appraiase 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Heal 5: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Nooope

A lot of spider symbols here Isama points out. Fits with everything else.


Female Construct (Clockwork) | Investigator 6 | Hp 26/33 | AC 18, Touch 13, FF 16 | CMD 20 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +6 | Per +15 | Init +6 | Active: See Invisible, Mutagen; 60m. Ablative Barrier 6h/30damage. Magic Circle against Evil 50min

"Hmm." Ophelia hums and leans in towards the small treasure trove. After Isama has done her initial inspection, Ophelia carefully picks up the strange objects in turn and looks them over. "Mhm, mhm."

#1 Craft: Alchemy: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 13 - 2 = 25

#3 Know: Religion: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + (3) - 2 = 10

#4 Know: Engineering: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 + (3) - 2 = 20

#5 Craft: Alchemy: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 13 - 2 = 19

"I think you are right Isama; there is definitely an above average amount of spiders on these." the clockwork announces her findings with a nod. "Additionally! These vials contains poison. I would not attempt to ingest it. Curiously, I do not believe the compound itself if spider-related. And these objects seem to be vectors of delivery; one syringe and the sickles have a drip-feed container."

"The poison induces a few hours of coma in the victim. But I do not believe it would be capable of effecting me. Perhaps it would be helpful if I were to apply some of these vials to our weapons. Say your bolts Daria?"


Female Halfling Bard(Archeologist) 6 | 35/45 HP | AC21 Touch=15 FF=17(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 15 | Fort=6 Refl=11(Evasion) Will=6 | Initiave 5; Perception 16/18(Trap Spotter) |
Skills:
Knowledge (all)10/12 | 17 Stealth | 18 Disable Device | 9 Acrobatics | 8 Escape Artist/Sleight of Hand | 12/15 Diplomacy/Bluff | 7 Spellcraft/Linguistics | 12/27 Disguise

Rolls:
#1 Alchemy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
#2 Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
#3 Knowledge Religion: 10 + 10 = 20 Within my auto-success-territory
#3 Knowledge Religion extended: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
#4+#5 Knowledge Engineering: 10 + 10 = 20 Same as #3, plus Ophelia got those.

Mia takes some time looking at the different items, then nods when Ophelia speaks up:"Just as you said. The poison is not a particularily potent one, but the effect it has is immense. I am a bit worried about these criminals having access to that kind of equipment, but it would most certainly enhance my bolts."
Lifting up one of the spider amulets, she continues:"Mog Lathar. An almost unknown spider demi-god. I read about that one in one of the books we found at the home of that wizard with the invisible orb friend...if only I could recall it all."@28, if someone wants to assist for 30 which is a classic treeshold?...second roll is allowed for that purpose.
Finally, she lifts up an unassuming amulet:"And this little trinket here actually works a protective charm hardening the skin. I could use it myself, but figured I'd bring it up since I won't be in melee as much as you guys...hopefully."
Amulet of natural armor +1 - Not sure if Diene's altered form has Natural AC...Isama has it, and not sure if it's applicable to construct. If anybody can make use of it, by all means call it, otherwise I'll wear it mostly so that someone makes use of it :)

2,001 to 2,050 of 2,191 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Darkest Corners, volume 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.