DM Feral's Fortress of the Serpentfolk (Inactive)

Game Master Feral

A Pathfinder adapted version of the 3.5 D&D adventure The Fortress of the Yaun-Ti.


251 to 300 of 369 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Male Human (Vudrani) Gunslinger (Musket Master) 6

Rahesh draws a fragile flash from his bag and tosses it at the plant monster. "As I feared. Perhaps fire will deter the creature."

Drawing an Alchemist's Fire and throwing it. 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30 ranged touch to hit, 1d6 ⇒ 4 fire damage on a direct hit.


Male Human (Vudrani) Gunslinger (Musket Master) 6

Please substitute a Liquid Ice flask for the Alchemist's Fire. Same rolls, just cold instead of fire damage.


The rapidly cooling substance does seem effective quickly freezing a fist-sized chunk of the creature hard and brittle. It shrieks in pain again shooting more spores into the air.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Fortunately, both Balo and Uwa aren't harmed further by the spores.

Balo is up followed by the monster.


Balo will 5ft step to D 16 and then launch a rapid attack with his two-bladed sword against the plant creature.

What does the grey X mean? Grappled? If so should lower it's AC hopefully.

Main Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 & 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

I don't think the 13 will hit, but will roll damage if 16 hit.

damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Off-hand Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 & 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 & 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Slashing weapon if that matters, but I'm not sure.


Despite being occupied engulfing Uwa the creature proves incredibly durable as Balo's swings all get tangled in its spongy mass without inflicting serious harm. One blow however, strikes true slicing cleanly through the beast spraying the cave floor is vegetable matter and some sort of not-quite-water fluid.

1 hit for full damage. Balo's weapon seemed to be fully effective against the creature.
In the future just roll all the damage rolls with the attacks. I'll sort out what hits or not.

As the creature is wounded again it sprays spores into the air to defend itself.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
1d3 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
1d3 ⇒ 2

Both Uwa and Balo prove too resilient for the new spores to damage.

The creature, fully enraged now, surges onto and over Uwa crushing and smothering the small saurian.

Grapple to Damage + Constrict Damage

1d20 + 20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 20 + 5 = 36
2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 6) + 6 = 17
2d6 + 9 ⇒ (5, 1) + 9 = 15

Obviously frightened but unwilling to flee, Zafira invokes an eldritch sign and lays a delicate hand on Balo's back.

Balo is now Warded. He has a +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus to saves until he is hit or fails a save.

Next Up: Kunsua


Monitor Lizard:
Attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Uwa (@1hp! includes -2 for grappled, power attack, GMF)
Attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Damage 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 + Acid 1d6 ⇒ 1

Attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Damage 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 + Acid 1d6 ⇒ 5

Attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Damage 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 + Acid 1d6 ⇒ 5

Kunsua
Cure Moderate Wounds, E17 and touch Uwa
2d8 + 6 ⇒ (6, 4) + 6 = 16
Don't think he threatens on account of grappling


Chelish Inquisitor 8 - HP: 67/67 - AC 24, T:13, FF:21 Fort: +10, Reflex: + 5, Will: +10 Perception: +15 (Effects:)

Demitri walks up into D16 and strikes a carefully aimed blow at the plant monster.

Power Attack + Vital Strike
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

2d8 + 8 ⇒ (8, 7) + 8 = 23


Balo: Yes, the Xs indicate grappled creatures.

The spores rotting Uwa and Balo's flesh continue to burn.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
1d3 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
1d3 ⇒ 3

Some of the spores infesting Balo's flesh sputter and go inert. Uwa's do not. Uwa takes 1 more CON damage

Kunsua's conjured giant lizard lunges forward and grabs a mouthful of creature's plantflesh in its maw and tears it free. More deadly spores shoot into the air.

I forgot about the summon the last couple times. Consider it a lucky break =P

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
1d3 ⇒ 3

The golden spores settle in Balo and Uwa's already painful wounds.

The spores are basically a poison. If you fail a save once you're already infected it just reups the number of successful saves you need to make to clear the condition and increases the difficulty. Thus, although Balo and Uwa failed their saves, they don't take more CON damage from being exposed again.


Male Human (Vudrani) Gunslinger (Musket Master) 6

Rahesh explains, "I see! Like vines that choke a fruit tree, this walking bush must be pruned by a cutting blade." He lays his musket aside and circles round the battle, then pulls his axe from his belt and launches an overhead chop at the creature.

Dropping musket. Moving to G16 while drawing handaxe. One attack, 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 to hit for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 damage.


Kunsua's healing magic mends some of the rapidly weakening dinosaur's injuries.

Demitri's blow bounces off of the creature's spongy mass without inflicting any real harm.

Rahesh's axe fails to cleave any of the chunks of plant-matter.

Edit: Balo is up.


Sorry should've replied earlier, busy yesterday. Started up part 3 of CotCT as well.

Balo continues his relentless attacks in hopes of cutting this thing down into tiny peices and save his new found companions.

Main-hand attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 & 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Main-hand damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 & 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Off-hand Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 & 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Off-hand damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 & 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Confirm crit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

I assume that does so add another: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

That crit looks nice, how that takes the creature down a peg or two.


Balo's flurry of attacks hacks huge chunks out of creature. It screams pitifully and sprays more spores into the air. The creature appears to be severely wounded judging by the streams of foul smelling ichor that pour from its frame onto the cave floor. The creature is 'bloodied'.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
1d3 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

The summoned lizard takes 1 CON damage. Uwa fails two more saves so his DC against the spores is currently at 21. Balo fails another one also putting him at 21.

A large quantity of the plantmatter pinning Uwa withdraws as the creature rears back to attack the thing that injured it so.

Taking a -20 to 'hold' Uwa. Grappling for damage.
1d20 + 20 + 5 - 20 ⇒ (11) + 20 + 5 - 20 = 16

The distraction allows the wounded dinosaur the chance it needs to spring free.

Attack on Balo
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22
2d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 6) + 6 = 18

The huge limb of plant-matter threatens to pummel the Mwangi but is deflected at the last moment by Zafira's magical warding. Missed by 1.

Zafira delays. Kunsua is up.


Monitor Lizard:
Attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Kunsua moves to (B21) and calls for Uwa to come

I believe this will provoke

Too close to withdraw from the plant, the dinosaur will squat down on it's haunches and back away, trying to dodge blows

Total Defense, AC 26, Acrobatic tumble 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16, plenty of movement to get there; only applies if Kunsua doesn't draw all the monsters AoO's

Kunsua will then proceed to use stones to scrape spores from the dinosaurs hide.

Standard action, Heal check 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 vs poison DC to give Uwa a +4 on his fortitude saves.


1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 4 = 27
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

The spores infesting Balo seem to stop burning and those in Uwa's hide begin to go inert.

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33
2d6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 1) + 6 = 8

1d20 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 26

Kunsua's distraction proves effective as Uwa is able to slink away but the creature's attack in reliation slams into the druid. The carpet of fungus begins creeps across the half-elf's flesh holding him in place.

Kunsua is grappled.

Demitri is up followed by Rahesh.


Chelish Inquisitor 8 - HP: 67/67 - AC 24, T:13, FF:21 Fort: +10, Reflex: + 5, Will: +10 Perception: +15 (Effects:)

Demitri moves into a flanking position and strikes the plant creature again with his blade.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

2d8 + 8 ⇒ (5, 4) + 8 = 17


Male Human (Vudrani) Gunslinger (Musket Master) 6

Rahesh circles his his left, hoping to encircle the creature, and lays another unskilled blow with his handaxe.

5ft step clockwise around the creature, hoping to set up a flank. Attacks are all +2 if so. First attack is 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 and second attack is 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3.


Neither Demitri nor Rahesh manage to land effective blows.

Balo is up followed by the creature.


Once against Balo strikes out with many strikes in hopes to slice this thing plant down.
"Should've brought a druid." he grunts as he hates this plant and slices into it.

Main-hand attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 & 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 & 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Off-hand attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 & 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 & 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


I missed the secondary damage form the alchemist ice. 1d6 ⇒ 1

Balo lands two more blows causing the creature to mewl in pain and spray more deadly golden spores into the air even as it crumbles to the ground, dead.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
1d3 ⇒ 3

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
1d3 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Kunsua takes 3 CON damage. Demitri takes 2 CON damage. Balo fails again upping his DC against the actual effect to 23.


Male Human (Vudrani) Gunslinger (Musket Master) 6

Rahesh pushes a vial of sticky sour green liquid into Balo's hands. "Here. This will bolster your strength against the creature's toxins. As the others catch their breath he helps tend to those afflicted, using an absorbent cloth to try and draw the spores out of the wounds.

Taking 10 on Heal checks to Treat Poison, using a Healing Kit charge on Balo. Result of 21 on Kunsua and Demitri, 23 on Balo, adding +4 to their saves. Giving an Antitoxen vial to Balo, drinking it adds +5 on save vs poison for an hour.


I'm going to assume Kunsua treats Demitri.

1d20 + 6 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 5 + 4 = 22
1d3 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 4 = 25
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
1d3 ⇒ 3

Balo takes 2 more CON damage. Kunsua takes 3 more.

1d20 + 5 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 5 + 4 = 20
1d3 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 4 = 30
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
1d3 ⇒ 1

Balo takes 3 more CON damage. Kunsua takes 1 more.

At this point the monitor lizard and Demitri are cured. Balo still needs to make one successful save. Kunsua needs to make two.

1d20 + 3 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 5 + 4 = 26
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
1d3 ⇒ 3

Finally, with extensive medical and alchemical aid the deadly spores are removed from Balo's flesh. Weakened to the point of near death but alive, Balo begins to recover. Kunsua however, does not. Kunsua takes 3 more CON damage.

1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 4 = 19

1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 4 = 24

Switching his medical focus to Kunsua, Rahesh manages to remove the deadly spores before they can cause anymore harm.

Oh boy, that thing was mean. Everyone please post an OOC comment with your current HP and CON damage next time you post. I can't be bothered to check it myself. Heh.

During this whole process Zafira tends to those with wounds she can treat.

Balo
2d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 3) + 5 = 9

Uwa
2d8 + 5 ⇒ (6, 7) + 5 = 18


Chelish Inquisitor 8 - HP: 67/67 - AC 24, T:13, FF:21 Fort: +10, Reflex: + 5, Will: +10 Perception: +15 (Effects:)

Con damage: 2 HP: 56/58

"What in the nine hells was that?" Demitri ponders out loud.


Kunsua uses magic to alleviate some of his injuries.

Restoration (lesser) 1d4 ⇒ 4
Cure Light 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Constitution 8
Hit Points 33


"As I said before, it was a living fungus mound. Simply hungry, like many things in the world. Perhaps the inhabitants of these caves knew of it as a danger and left it in place for the unwary..." he says and then turns, looking at Demitri "...or the hasty"

Edit: 6 con damage, leaving 8 con currently


I believe I calculated this correctly. 6 con damage making hitpoints: 38/43 as Zafira healed 9.

"Let us hope there are no more things like that out there." Balo grunts as the damage from the plant's spores has taken it's effect on him


Zafira looks Balo's wounds over, "You will heal but it'll take time. I would suggest we rest but this is no place to make camp. Such horrors are common in the Darklands", she says indicating the inert mound of living fungus.

The woman looks around the cavern again and then nods slightly as if agreeing to something.

"A moment ago I mentioned that the barrier between the worlds was thin here. This gives us an opportunity I did not think we would have. My friends", she says producing her twin vipers from her sleeves again, "can magically transport themselves and some coin to a place where we can get more supplies. They cannot transport much but if there is something you think would help us later on, now would be the time to mention it".

Zafira's vipers can teleport themselves and some gold to an undisclosed location where they can do some shopping for the party. If you provide the coin any small objects (potions, scrolls, etc) can be purchased now. Anything larger/heavier is out of the question.


I suggest a wand of restoration or lesser restoration to help us with the ability damage and keep us prepared for anything else like poisons that might drain our abilities. Can someone cast restoration to use the wands I mentioned? Also I'm on 8 con, which isn't very good, lol.


Kunsua gets Lesser Restoration. No one can case Restoration. I'm going to move things along.

Zafira sweeps the assembled coins into a pile. Her twin vipers slither a circle around the currency and disappear a moment later in a puff of smoke bearing the acrid scent of brimstone. One tense hour later the vipers return in a similar cloud of smoke wrapped around a moderate-sized woolen sack. Inside are the items the party requested.

***

The party presses on and heads deeper into the Darkland's tunnels. Minutes turn to hours which become days. After a time it becomes very difficult to tell how much time has passed (although you're sure it has been close to a week). Along the way you encounter other dangers but nothing as harrowing as the battle with the terrible fungus beast.

8 days have passed. Handle natural healing accordingly. In your next post please mention your updated status.

After several days of travel the tunnels open into a huge cavern hundreds, possibly thousands, of feet across. Brightly glowing fungus on the distant ceiling create a sensation similar to being outdoors during the twilight hours. At back end of the cavern, near the edges of your vision, small structures are visible.

The tracks that you are following lead towards the structures.


Con is back to normal after 6 days and at full hitpoints from naturally healing.

"I don't like this. I heard drow live in the underdark." he looks back to the group with curiosity as he doesn't have a spyglass to get a better look. "Something could be watching us." he then draws his weapon, remaining on the air of caution as he doesn't want to be surprised.


Chelish Inquisitor 8 - HP: 67/67 - AC 24, T:13, FF:21 Fort: +10, Reflex: + 5, Will: +10 Perception: +15 (Effects:)

I'm at full strength after 2 days.

Demitri looks at the structures and frowns. He looks at the group and strides forward towards the back of the cavern, bracing himself for the inevitable ambush.


Okay I think I've settled on the two new recruits. I'm going to give the applicants a bit longer to impress me while we get to the point that I'd be introducing them.

The party approaches the distant structures and more of the scene comes into view. Over a hundred humanoids, mostly Mwangi men and women but also assorted elves, dwarves, and even a few drow, toil in shackles. Many carry the signs of physical trauma and all appear weak and malnourished. Most wear little more than tattered rags and some wear nothing at all.

They work with picks and spades digging pits and trenches. Judging by the extensive network of pits dotting the landscape these slaves have been at this for quite some time.

The structures, it turns out, are piles of earth moved aside by the laborer's digging.

The creatures holding these people captive appear to be the dreaded serpentfolk. A group of four patrol together. They carry daggers and march/slither in perfect unison. On the other side of the field is another creature with a snake's body and the face of a woman, she is serpentine but clearly not a serpentfolk. Crawling alongside this strange creature is a giant constrictor snake.

The party is about 200 feet away from both patrols and approached from behind a line of tall mushrooms. The closest group of slaves is about 50 feet away. The two patrols are aboue 100 feet apart. I'll get a map up when I get home late tonight.


Chelish Inquisitor 8 - HP: 67/67 - AC 24, T:13, FF:21 Fort: +10, Reflex: + 5, Will: +10 Perception: +15 (Effects:)

"There's no way we can get up there without the serpentfolk noticing. Too much ground to cover and I'm wearing too much steel. Anyone got anything for this? Zafira, know what that thing is?" Demitri asks pointing at the serpentine woman.


1d20 ⇒ 3
1d20 ⇒ 10
1d20 ⇒ 7

Zafira looks at the creature briefly and then shakes her head, "It's a naga of some kind - dreadful creatures. They can generally cast spells and have a nasty sting or bite in addition to other tricks but I'm afraid I'm not sure what kind she is", the woman explains.


With assiduous use of lesser restoration, I'm sure I can be back at full health: 4d4 ⇒ (3, 4, 3, 1) = 11... which is two days. Likewise with magical healing, and for the dinosaur as well.

Kunsua looks troubled. "I wonder if any of my tribe lies among those below" He meditates for a moment. "Would some sort of distraction be beneficial? I am sure I could sneak among them... a snake or a lizard would go unnoticed, I think. Once among them I could call something that might occupy them a few moments while you get closer."


Chelish Inquisitor 8 - HP: 67/67 - AC 24, T:13, FF:21 Fort: +10, Reflex: + 5, Will: +10 Perception: +15 (Effects:)

"Well, it will take us a while to get over there. Can you hold their attention for about half a minute? Preferably without getting yourself killed?"


"The drow can be left to rot, but I don't feel comfortable about leaving the others alone." he looks over with the group, remaining still and holding the two-bladed sword to the ground so that no reflections could be seen. "I could distract them if you wish?"


"I am sure you are very quiet, Balo. However, think I can handle the distraction." First Kunsua casts a few spells on Uwa, and then transforms into a tiny lizard, and scampers across the distance to the top of a mound of dirt.

Barkskin and Bulls Strength on Uwa

Disguise (as lizard) 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 20 = 31
Stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Natural Spell. Summon monster III - 1d3 augmented small earth elementals emerging from the ground to act as a distraction - he will try to draw the guards away from both the party and slaves.

Summon: 1d3 ⇒ 3


Kunsua's primal magic reduces him to a tiny lizard that quickly bounds across the cavern floor.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

The transformed Kunsua's tiny frame easily evades notice and crosses the distance. He perches himself on one of the mounds of earth and a moment later three small humanoid figures made of stone pull themselves from the earth. The Serpentfolk look to each other briefly and then attack!

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

The Serpentfolk warriors, though they share no words, seem to communicate something to one another. Three slither towards the elementals and raise their daggers to strike. The fourth slithers towards the other patrol (the naga and snake).

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

1d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
1d6 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 Min 1
1d6 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 Min 1

The serpentfolk, despite their incredible quickness, prove to be physically very weak. Elemental I takes 4 damage

Rahesh and Zafira look to Balo and Demitri for direction.

Init Order
Serpentfolk
Zafira
Rahesh
Balo <-
Demitri
Kunsua


Chelish Inquisitor 8 - HP: 67/67 - AC 24, T:13, FF:21 Fort: +10, Reflex: + 5, Will: +10 Perception: +15 (Effects:)

"Rahesh, just shoot down the one trying to warn the other patrol if you can." Demitri says to Rahesh. He looks over to direct Zafira. "Just keep Kunsua alive while we move in." Demitri starts his long trek to the battlefield.

Double Move - 40 feet.


Rahesh nods, levels his firearm, and takes two quick shots.

1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 - 2 = 27
Confirming
1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 2 = 25
4d12 + 36 ⇒ (9, 2, 3, 2) + 36 = 52

1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 2 = 6

A sound like thunder breaks across the cave as the first shot flies true and goes straight through the serpentine creature's eye blowing scales and bits of bone and brain matter onto the floor behind it. The second misses completely, largely because his target has crumpled to the ground.

Rahesh lowers his weapon to admires his work and although he succeeded in stopping the fleeing messenger the crash of his weapon did the messenger's work for him.

The naga turns to the melee going on between the elementals and the warriors and hissing something to her companion.

Zafira follows after Demitri.


Round 1 Map

Balo is up.


Balo, afraid that Kunsua might be in danger makes a quadruple move 80ft to G18 making sure to get there, stopping with his two-bladed sword out and ready to take on whever it heading his way.

AC 20 with double weapon.


Kunsua is up.


With great sprays of dirt the elementals each beat upon a separate snake-man.

Elemental I
Hit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Elemental II
Hit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Elemental III
Hit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Kunsua tries to ascertain if the the giant snake is a product of nature - or some sort of magical beast.

K(nature) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

If he identifies it as a natural beast, he will scamper towards it (->K20) - he intends to use magic to nullify the creature.

Uwa moves quicky to join in the fray - but he's not quite quick enough (->A20).


Nature:
The snake is some form of primeval serpent. It possesses deadly venom and is strong enough to easily crush a grown auroch in its coils but it still has the mind of an animal.

The Serpentfolk see the force quickly bearing down on them and split up to prepare themselves. Two slither back to concentrate and a moment later several illusionary images surround them.

Two put up Mirror Image.
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The third holds his position and attacks an elemental.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
1d6 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

Rahesh bounds forward, reloading as he goes, and fires off a shot at the nearest snakeman clipping it in the shoulder.

1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 - 2 = 17
1d12 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Zafira easily keeps up with the heavily armored Demitri. Along the way she lays a hand on his shoulder invoking a barely visible shimmering barrier around him.

Ward Hex on Demitri

The naga dances in a rhythmic pattern summoning a magical barrier of her own. The massive constrictor moves foward to intercept the attackers P24. The slaves, despite being chained and weakened, find the strength to dive out of the way.

The naga casts Shield.

Init Order
Serpentfolk
Zafira
Rahesh
Balo <-
Demitri
Kunsua


update on map? Not entirely sure where enemies are near me. I assume those with the yellow blocks are prisoners, what slave is nearest to me and what race?


Round 2 Map

All the slaves nearest Balo are humans.


Chelish Inquisitor 8 - HP: 67/67 - AC 24, T:13, FF:21 Fort: +10, Reflex: + 5, Will: +10 Perception: +15 (Effects:)

"Thanks doll." Demitri says as he feels the protective magics. Seeing the smaller serpentfolk being taken care of by the elementals, he moves towards the bigger snake.

Double move to M17.


Balo moves in, wanting to get close to the snakemen and stop them escaping or trying to harm their prisoners.

I'm assuming their chained and if not, it would be cruel to release them only to be eaten or killed when trying to flee. I assume I can't charge as it isn't a straight lone. Moved to E 24 with a double move.


With single mindedness the elementals continue their assault. I and III step towards their foes (C25 and C27).

Elemental I
Mirror Image (1 is target) 1d4 ⇒ 3
Hit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Elemental II
Hit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Elemental III
Mirror Image (1 is target) 1d6 ⇒ 5
Hit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Uwa charges and pounces as the the first elemental steps out, attacking the lead serpent (C26)

Charge, -2 AC (23 currently, with barkskin), Power Attack (-2/4)

Bite +15 (1d4+5)
Hit: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
Damage: 1d4 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 + acid 1d6 ⇒ 6

Melee talons
Hit: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 10 + (3) = 18 + acid 1d6 ⇒ 4
Hit: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 10 + (6) = 18 + acid 1d6 ⇒ 6

Kunsua hisses out a spell...
Calm Animals (Will, DC 15)
Max hit dice affected: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (2, 1) + 6 = 9
...then he scampers back (H20)

251 to 300 of 369 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Feral's Fortress of the Serpentfolk All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.