DDEX 01-08: Tales Trees Tell [5e Adventurers League] (Inactive)

Game Master Aeshuura

A Tier 1 adventure for 1st-4th level characters from Season 1 of the Adventurers League.


1 to 50 of 359 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Spring Map| Fall Map DCI #6203763429

The inn's sign, if it can be called that, is simply an old bucket dangling from a post that has been driven into the ground in front of the two-story building. The word "inn" has been painted on its side in what appears to be pitch. Rain has filled the bucket to the top and water trickles out from a more that a dozen places.

Before you even enter the place, you can hear a number of excited and angry voices emanating from within. Above them all, one voice bellows, It's been over two tenday! What do you plan to do?

You all are gathered around the door to the inn and may describe your characters to everyone. You have worked with each other, or know each other by reputation and have been sent here by your respective factions.


Female Human Divination Wizard 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 12 | ST: S -1 D +2 I +5 W +4 C +1 Ch 0 | Spells: 1st/4 2nd/2 | Fortune: 2/3 | Perc +4 Passive 14 | Divinity Rolls 6,7 ]

Alysha the Pale slowly makes her way in. She's a white-haired woman with a scarf and a pair of glasses dangling from a chain around her neck. She has a staff in her hand and she smiles.

"Well, I'm surprised I'm the first to arrive. But looking at this place... maybe I shouldn't have." Alysha says. She peers at the crowd and tries to make out what the commotion is about.

Divination rolls for today: 2d20 ⇒ (20, 8) = 28


Male Lizardfolk | Fighter (Champion) 4 | Bite 1/1 | 2W 1/1 | AS 1/1 | HD 4/4 | HP 40/40 | AC 18 | S4, D2, C5, I-1, W2, C-1 | PP 14 | Status: Normal | Insp: No

Rakish stands in front of the inn, the rain dripping off his scales. He seems wholly unconcerned with the weather, as if he doesn't even notice it.

It's been a while since Rakish has seen his companions. The black dragon scale shield still rests on his back, but his weapons have changed.

Where he used to have two battle axes, now he has only one. But this one looks a lot finer than his previous weapons. It's clean; the entire weapon looks to be made out of wood with the handle like a tree and the axe blade like a broad extended branch.

The other is a decorated mace, which extends an aura of safety. The decorations are of undead getting destroyed a person wielding a glowing mace.

Another major change is his armor. Where he previously wore no armor, he is now encaged in a breastplate with two dragons engraved upon it.

All of these are uncharacteristic of Rakish. Those who know him know how little he cares for material goods.

What is characteristic is the dragon tooth hanging on a leather cord around his neck. The tooth has scrimshaw on it, and those who look close will see a carving of a Lizardfolk leaping up out of the water, axes in hand, towards a wyrmling dragon.

Reava, Krissina, Rakish says to his former allies, Your sight brings fond memories.

Grand Lodge

Spring Map| Fall Map DCI #6203763429

Holy spit! Did you go through Lost Mines recently or use Dedicated DM Quest rewards?!? I am liking it!!!


Male Lizardfolk | Fighter (Champion) 4 | Bite 1/1 | 2W 1/1 | AS 1/1 | HD 4/4 | HP 40/40 | AC 18 | S4, D2, C5, I-1, W2, C-1 | PP 14 | Status: Normal | Insp: No

Lost Mines with Raina. Spent downtime to trade it to Rakish. :)

Grand Lodge

Spring Map| Fall Map DCI #6203763429

Nice! Miss Raina... She was the one you played in my Sokol Keep run,
right?


Tiefling | Sorcerer (dragon) 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 (20) | Init +2 | Saves Str -1, Dex +2, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +0, Cha +5 | Spell Slots: Lvl 2: 2/2 Lvl 1: 4/4 | Spell DC 13 | Passive Perception 10 | Status None | Insp 1

How did I miss that bit of fun? Oh well, its good to be playing with you guys again.

The tiefling does not like the noise coming from inside the inn, but this is where he was told to be. His hood does a poor job of protecting him from the rain and in keeping his infernal features hidden. Cautiously, he goes inside and looks around. Only the sight of Rakish keeps him from immediately leaving. With his rain soaked hood still up, Raeva makes his way to the table. "Greetings friends." He looks around at the goings on in the inn before having a seat. "It is good to see you again." Only then does he finally lower the hood allowing his black hair to fall and frame his gray scaled face and large all black eyes. "What's all the commotion about?"


Level 4 Tiefling Bard | Init +1 | HP 14/21 | AC 14 | S-/D+4/C+1/I+3/W-1/C+5 | Perc +0 | Insp [] | Bardic Insp 2/3 | 3/4x1st 1/2x2nd

Krissina nods to Rakish, her hand straying to her own scrimshaw he gifted her, "You seem to be doing well, have you had a chance to test your new gear or are you looking for opportunity to?". As the Tiefling reveals himself her eyes wander over him, alike and yet so different, Krissina would struggle to hide her horns beneath a hood, but this ones eyes... The markings on her skin shift from blue-black to deep red as she realises she's staring.

"Krissina, of all the strange races I encounter, I see few of our kind."


Female Human Divination Wizard 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 12 | ST: S -1 D +2 I +5 W +4 C +1 Ch 0 | Spells: 1st/4 2nd/2 | Fortune: 2/3 | Perc +4 Passive 14 | Divinity Rolls 6,7 ]

"Ah.. it is fated that we all meet here! Rakish though are undoubtedly finely endowed! I see battles ahead... and we will all play a part!" Alysha says.


Init +0 | Max HP: 21 | AC 12 | Saves: str 0; dex 2; con 1; int 5; wis 1; cha 3 | Insp: [ ] Current Damage: -0

The tall, dashing Half-Elf man bows slightly when he is finally noticed and says "Greetings my friends. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. My name is Shoun, and I am happy to know you, especially the ladies among you." he finishes the last part with a wink that somehow manages to convey the intent that it was just for each of the women in the party, including Alysha.

"Perhaps we should see what all the fuss is about?"


Tiefling | Sorcerer (dragon) 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 (20) | Init +2 | Saves Str -1, Dex +2, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +0, Cha +5 | Spell Slots: Lvl 2: 2/2 Lvl 1: 4/4 | Spell DC 13 | Passive Perception 10 | Status None | Insp 1

Krissina's scrutiny makes Raeva uncomfortable. "I see that you have been inducted into Rakish's cadre." Indicating the scrimshaw and showing his own. "Any who've been gifted by Rakish is a welcome sight to me."


Level 4 Tiefling Bard | Init +1 | HP 14/21 | AC 14 | S-/D+4/C+1/I+3/W-1/C+5 | Perc +0 | Insp [] | Bardic Insp 2/3 | 3/4x1st 1/2x2nd

"Well, I'll try not to let anyone down, but I'm more a simple player and chronicler than mighty adventurer."

Krissina smiles at Shoun. "Hmm, do you still think I'm exotic? Or have you seen too many wondrous creatures in your travels? A mere Tiefling must seem quite tame in comparison."


Init +0 | Max HP: 21 | AC 12 | Saves: str 0; dex 2; con 1; int 5; wis 1; cha 3 | Insp: [ ] Current Damage: -0

"My dear Krissina, a jewel such as yourself will never ceases to be exotic, nor should one ever tire of gazing upon it, regardless of familiarity. I trust you have learned something of the exciting world in which we live while we have been apart?"

Dark Archive

Male Human Light Cleric LV4: HP 7/34, AC:17/19, Str:3, Dex:1, Con:3, Int:-1, Wis:4, Cha:1, Init:1, PP:14

Draco walks in very late. Ah, sorry ya'll, I was chatting with my homies and lost track of time. Draco is an average sized human with medium armor on, his faction symbol and cleric symbol both worn openly.


Level 4 Tiefling Bard | Init +1 | HP 14/21 | AC 14 | S-/D+4/C+1/I+3/W-1/C+5 | Perc +0 | Insp [] | Bardic Insp 2/3 | 3/4x1st 1/2x2nd

Krissina grins at Shaun's compliments, "I have experienced a little to be sure. Though I'm sure my adventures are nothing compared to such a charming rogue's exxploits."

Krisina nods at the latecomer "Draco, always a pleasure. May Selûne always light your way in the darkness."

Grand Lodge

Spring Map| Fall Map DCI #6203763429

Not waiting any more for Luke. If he doesn't have his character up and post by today, I will leave it up to you if you want one more, since we had two that just missed recruitment.

As you enter, you see that the interior of the Bucket consists of mainly a single, large front room with two long, roughly-hewn tables with benches. The place is filled with townsfolk.

All of the people seem to be talking at once, gesturing and arguing with one another. A male halfling stands on one of the benches, apparently trying to calm the crowd. A female halfling woman stands next to him shouting at everyone (including the other halfling) at the top of her lungs; both her hands wrapped menacingly around the handle of a rather large iron skillet.

As the last of you shuts the door, the ruckus stops and all eyes turn toward you. The initial shock of your sudden appearance lasts about 30 seconds before they begin murmuring to each other... The halfling hops off the bench and approaches you, Greeting and salutations, my fine travelers! My name is Hupe Brightbell, how may I help you this fine day?

He stiffens slightly once he sees Rakish, but stammers, Would... um... would you all be interested in a fine meal?

The halfling woman leaps off the bench and stomps up, Hold on, hold on, you ain't bringing that one in here!

Hupe places a hand on her shoulder and says, Now Grinna, he ain't hurtin' nobody now...

He turns to you all, He won't be hurting nobody, right?


Female Human Divination Wizard 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 12 | ST: S -1 D +2 I +5 W +4 C +1 Ch 0 | Spells: 1st/4 2nd/2 | Fortune: 2/3 | Perc +4 Passive 14 | Divinity Rolls 6,7 ]

"Of course not. Unless you have a live salmon somewhere around here! Besides, look at him. Doesn't he look civilized?" Alysha says.


Tiefling | Sorcerer (dragon) 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 (20) | Init +2 | Saves Str -1, Dex +2, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +0, Cha +5 | Spell Slots: Lvl 2: 2/2 Lvl 1: 4/4 | Spell DC 13 | Passive Perception 10 | Status None | Insp 1

"If you leave him alone, he will leave you alone. And we would gratefully like a fine meal. What are you serving? My friend, Rakish, here has a preference for meat over bread and vegetables."

Grand Lodge

Spring Map| Fall Map DCI #6203763429

Narrowing her eyes, Grinna looks with great scrutiny at Rakish, 5 silvers each, meal includes one mug of ale.

As she leaves, Hupe lets out an audible sigh of relief, We will get those to you right a-way! Take a seat at the table over there, and we'll be right back!

The murmurs of the assembled villagers still makes a bit of a buzz in the background...


Male Lizardfolk | Fighter (Champion) 4 | Bite 1/1 | 2W 1/1 | AS 1/1 | HD 4/4 | HP 40/40 | AC 18 | S4, D2, C5, I-1, W2, C-1 | PP 14 | Status: Normal | Insp: No

Rakish moves to the back table, as requested, and takes a seat. He does not take obvious notice of the hosts' concerns.


Female Human Divination Wizard 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 12 | ST: S -1 D +2 I +5 W +4 C +1 Ch 0 | Spells: 1st/4 2nd/2 | Fortune: 2/3 | Perc +4 Passive 14 | Divinity Rolls 6,7 ]

Alysha tries to listen in to what the villagers are talking about.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Being hard of hearing, Alysha tries a more direct approach.

"There was quite a commotion earlier before we came in. Sounded like leftover day at the Fish Market. What were you lot arguing about? Were all of you complaining about how expensive the food here be?"


Level 4 Tiefling Bard | Init +1 | HP 14/21 | AC 14 | S-/D+4/C+1/I+3/W-1/C+5 | Perc +0 | Insp [] | Bardic Insp 2/3 | 3/4x1st 1/2x2nd

"Well, it would seem our very presence is enough to quell conflict. Though perhaps not for long." Krissina raises her glass to Rakish, "Seems whatever our accomplishments some of us never get the praise they deserve."

Grand Lodge

Spring Map| Fall Map DCI #6203763429

Grinna has no qualms about grumbling about the altercation, About six months, or so, ago, that crazy fool named Halvin Graingle moved into an abandoned barn, not a three hours walk east of Kabel's Hill.

Though crazy as a loon, old Halvin makes a living off his woodcarvings, which, I'll admit, are quite nice...

Three tenday prior to today, he done stop showing in town. Some of the folk went to pay him a visit to see if he was ok, and he was gone! He din't run off, 'coz his belongings was still there, but they found themselves a hand-drawn map of the surroundings...

She looks at the folk around the other table as she continues, This map, now, it had notes scrawled in his own hand. Some of these scurred them folk... Especially, Greenhall. You know, them elves. They's not happy with trespassers.

As Grinna says this, one of the villagers, obviously dropping some eaves on you all, pipes in, We don't go into the Quivering Forest and the Quivering Forest don't come and steal our children in the night!


Female Human Divination Wizard 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 12 | ST: S -1 D +2 I +5 W +4 C +1 Ch 0 | Spells: 1st/4 2nd/2 | Fortune: 2/3 | Perc +4 Passive 14 | Divinity Rolls 6,7 ]

Alysha tries to recall if she's heard any of this.
History: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

"Ah elves.. they can be quite territorial. So this Halvin has gone into the forest? Surely you can't be responsible for every fool that wants to wade in, chasing fairy stories and hidden silver?"

Grand Lodge

Spring Map| Fall Map DCI #6203763429

Alysha:
You have heard that when the first Lord Protector, Cvaal Daoran, assumed control of the Cinnabar Throne of Phlan, he forged an alliance with the dark fey of the Quivering Forest. This pact bestowed upon Phlan the protection of the forest and its denizens in exchange for forbidding travel and logging within its borders. This agreement would prove to be Phlan's salvation when the fey prevented the cities destruction at the hands of the Netherese; a fate that Zhentil Keep was unable to avoid. Since then the pact has established a tenuous peace between the city and the forest.


Level 4 Tiefling Bard | Init +1 | HP 14/21 | AC 14 | S-/D+4/C+1/I+3/W-1/C+5 | Perc +0 | Insp [] | Bardic Insp 2/3 | 3/4x1st 1/2x2nd

History: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 Well, seems the Diviner is actually more knowlegeable than the bard... this time. ;-)

"So, would it set your minds at rest if we discovered what happened to him. I'm sure it's not too far out of our way. Well, mine at least, I don't pretend to speak for all of us."

Grand Lodge

Spring Map| Fall Map DCI #6203763429

Krissina:
You have heard that long ago, a deal was made with the denizens of the Quivering Forest and some lord of the region. The people do not enter, and the Quivering Forest protects the region from enemies.


Female Human Divination Wizard 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 12 | ST: S -1 D +2 I +5 W +4 C +1 Ch 0 | Spells: 1st/4 2nd/2 | Fortune: 2/3 | Perc +4 Passive 14 | Divinity Rolls 6,7 ]

"I have heard of this alliance. Between Phlan and the Dark Fey of the forest, wasn't it? I'm surprised that it's still standing. And elves don't come to steal children in the night. What kind of silly superstition is that?
Tell me more about this Halvin and his map. And his hut... where be it? And this... Greenhall? "

Grand Lodge

Spring Map| Fall Map DCI #6203763429

Grinna shrugs, People will believe what they believe. They say that children used to go missing in the night...

One of the other townfolk speaks up, We sought out the ranger, Greenleaf. He's a half-elf and we hoped that he would be able to get us into the forest safely, but he basically laughed at us and said we enter at our own peril.

Grinna interrupts, And you damned fools went and sent a group in anyway! Two tenday, now, they been missing! Not a word, not a sign!

Almost as an afterthought, one of the villagers hollers out, T'was prolly dem damnable faeries that went an killed my cows! Damn their eyes! Damn their wings!

One of the calms him before turning to the group, Errol here lost some of his prized cows. He thinks it has something to do with this...

Errol erupts again, Any o' ya fools don't believe me, I dares ya ta come by me farm and see fer yerself!

Grinna shoos the rabble away, taking clear note that you are intrigued, If you look into this occurrence for us, the food and drink is on the house.

Meanwhile, you see Hupe going round with a hat collecting a few coins from each of the townsfolk. He approaches Alysha, It ain't much, but if'n you look into our disappeared, we's got... The halfling takes a few seconds counting, Fifty pieces o' gold, in various coinage of course.

Grand Lodge

Spring Map| Fall Map DCI #6203763429

Grinna is about to chime in, when is cut off by a shrill scream of terror! A heartbeat later, a young human woman bursts through the front door!

They know! They... what we did! They know! she cries, throwing herself at Grinna's feet and clawing madly at the halfling's clothes with one hand while pointing to the door with another!


Tiefling | Sorcerer (dragon) 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 (20) | Init +2 | Saves Str -1, Dex +2, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +0, Cha +5 | Spell Slots: Lvl 2: 2/2 Lvl 1: 4/4 | Spell DC 13 | Passive Perception 10 | Status None | Insp 1

It is Raeva's curiosity that causes him to get up and go to the door. He slowly opens it to see who the woman is running from.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 9


Female Human Divination Wizard 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 12 | ST: S -1 D +2 I +5 W +4 C +1 Ch 0 | Spells: 1st/4 2nd/2 | Fortune: 2/3 | Perc +4 Passive 14 | Divinity Rolls 6,7 ]

Alysha gets up slowly. "Well, at least I don't have to walk to the cows..." She then walks out of the door to see what the young woman might be indicating.


Init +0 | Max HP: 21 | AC 12 | Saves: str 0; dex 2; con 1; int 5; wis 1; cha 3 | Insp: [ ] Current Damage: -0

As Shoun entered with the group, he immediately got himself a pint of whatever the local drink was and began chatting up the most attractive young woman in the place (not including any members of the group).

As the story began to unfold, Shoun would do his best to comfort whatever young woman he was talking to, saying things like "Elves do not steal babies. However did that silly story get started?"

When the young woman came bursting into the bar and made her announcement, Shoun would excuse himself politely and make his way to the poor girl, saying "Calm yourself, everything is going to be alright." as he spoke, he would help her up and into a seat, then get her a drink of the strongest alcohol available.

"Why don't you tell me what happened?"

Persuasion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Male Lizardfolk | Fighter (Champion) 4 | Bite 1/1 | 2W 1/1 | AS 1/1 | HD 4/4 | HP 40/40 | AC 18 | S4, D2, C5, I-1, W2, C-1 | PP 14 | Status: Normal | Insp: No

Rakish quietly observes the room and awaits the story to be told.

Dark Archive

Male Human Light Cleric LV4: HP 7/34, AC:17/19, Str:3, Dex:1, Con:3, Int:-1, Wis:4, Cha:1, Init:1, PP:14

Draco runs outside quickly to the scream.

Grand Lodge

Spring Map| Fall Map DCI #6203763429

The villagers rush to the door, while Shoun rushes to the side of the young woman. His soothing voice almost immediately calms her, until... she sees his elvish heritage! She screams, and faints!

Raeva, Alysha, and Draco head to the door, barely getting up there before the throng of townfolk. As Raeva opens the door, they can see the town's central town post, a man hanging, blood streaming from his eyes and mouth. The man seems clearly dead.

The townfolk cry out, some calling to the gods, women sobbing, some in stunned silence. One of them says, It's Rerk! Somebody, help me cut him down!

There is a bone pin that is stuck in his chest that pins a piece of parchment to the man.

Meanwhile, inside, Grinna says as she gently brushes her little fingers through the unconscious girl's hair, I will take care of her. Please, go find out what is going on, and stop it. I beg of you...

Grand Lodge

Spring Map| Fall Map DCI #6203763429

For anyone outside...

Medicine DC 15:
This man is NOT dead, but will be very soon!

Dark Archive

Male Human Light Cleric LV4: HP 7/34, AC:17/19, Str:3, Dex:1, Con:3, Int:-1, Wis:4, Cha:1, Init:1, PP:14

Question, if we had the enter the bar and the body wasn't there, how come we weren't given a perception check to notice the body out a window or hear someone putting it up before she screamed?

anyway medicine: 4 + 1d20 ⇒ 4 + (16) = 20 to check to see if he is actually dead. Stabilizes him and removes the pin.

Grand Lodge

Spring Map| Fall Map DCI #6203763429

With all the noise in the bar, you can easily see how you could have missed any activity outside the inn, unless he was conscious when he was hung, and you were not near any windows. You were also engaged in conversation with Grinna and Hupe. At best, I gave you disadvantage to your passives which brought all of you below 10.

Draco, see spoiler above.

Grand Lodge

Spring Map| Fall Map DCI #6203763429

As Draco helps the townsfolk bring down the body, he notices that the man is not dead after all, but he will be soon if nothing is done.

Medicine for Draco: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

He is stable. Then Draco sets about removing the pin without causing further injury...

Medicine for Draco again: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

With some difficulty, Draco manages to extricate the bone pin, which resembles a long hairpin with a piece of jet decorating the end.

The note reads as follows: “Kabel’s Hill honors the long-standing truce between the people of Phlan and the people of the Quivering Forest. We seek only to retrieve a lost friend who does not fully understand what his trespasses signify."

The townsfolk confirm that this letter was carried by each of the 6 men that took part in the search party, and that Rerk was indeed one of them.

Now that you are looking closely, you realize that in Rerk's eye sockets are a pair of polished jet-black stones, resembling large lidless eyes. At the sight of them, you hear a woman whisper breathlessly, her eyes wide with terror, Jenny Greenteeth...


Female Human Divination Wizard 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 12 | ST: S -1 D +2 I +5 W +4 C +1 Ch 0 | Spells: 1st/4 2nd/2 | Fortune: 2/3 | Perc +4 Passive 14 | Divinity Rolls 6,7 ]

"Don't frighten the poor lass, Shoun. She thinks she's seen a demon," Alysha says.

As Draco treats the man, Alysha shakes her head.

"So you sent in six men to stop one vagabond who wandered into a forest? You might as well have poured oil onto a fire...." Alysha says.

When she sees the stones, Alysha is alarmed. "That looks... quite nasty. And Jenny Greenteeth? She should brush more often," she says.

History: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 (For information about Jenny)


Level 4 Tiefling Bard | Init +1 | HP 14/21 | AC 14 | S-/D+4/C+1/I+3/W-1/C+5 | Perc +0 | Insp [] | Bardic Insp 2/3 | 3/4x1st 1/2x2nd

History: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 (or Arcana, same bonus)
Krissina shoots Alysha a glance, "The passions of humanity are not always bound by the laws of cold logic."
Giving the priest space to work, she looks around. "Whatever left this cannot have been gone long, the body was not here when we entered. Can anyone find tracks?"

Investigate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 If it helps

Grand Lodge

Spring Map| Fall Map DCI #6203763429

The name Jeny Greenteath Sorry, misspelled her name last time evokes the thoughts of faerie tales: she bakes children into pies, makes crops wither and die, that sort of stuff...

Grand Lodge

Spring Map| Fall Map DCI #6203763429

There are no tracks whatsoever, as if he magically floated and was hung on the sign...

You have a few leads to follow: 1) You can investigate the deaths / missing livestock; 2) Look into Old Man Halvin's residence; 3) Find this ranger that the townsfolk asked to lead them into the forest; or 4) Go into the Quivering Forest yourselves. What would you like to do?


Female Human Divination Wizard 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 12 | ST: S -1 D +2 I +5 W +4 C +1 Ch 0 | Spells: 1st/4 2nd/2 | Fortune: 2/3 | Perc +4 Passive 14 | Divinity Rolls 6,7 ]

"Ah.. Jeny; baking children into pies, make crops wither and die, lives in a gingerbread house, drowns the lost.
Some people think I bear a resemblace to her!"
Alysha cackles.
"I think we should visit this Old Man Halvin's house.. and to see this map. And that's quite a nice bonepin; it would go with your hair, Krissina," Alysha says.
Any chance of talking to the injured man for more information?

Grand Lodge

Spring Map| Fall Map DCI #6203763429

If you heal him, perhaps he can speak, but he is still unconscious and you would expect him to be so for at least an hour...

Grand Lodge

Spring Map| Fall Map DCI #6203763429

For the sake of brevity, assuming one of you heal the man, he awakes with a scream! He does not stop screaming, and seems to be completely broken, spiritually and physically!

So, which way?

  • Missing livestock
  • Old Man Halvin's Barn
  • Greenleaf, half-elf ranger
  • Quivering Forest


Init +0 | Max HP: 21 | AC 12 | Saves: str 0; dex 2; con 1; int 5; wis 1; cha 3 | Insp: [ ] Current Damage: -0

Nodding to Grinna, Shoun would stand up and leave the woman in her care, then stride outside. Seeing the others pull down the hanging man and gather around him, Shoun (like many of the people around him) would be shocked to see him still alive.

As the group gathered to discuss the investigation, Shoun said "We should go and speak to the local ranger first to see what he knows about the forest, then go check out the barn of the man who started all of this. I don't believe the missing livestock having anything to do with this situation, but we should probably investigate that as well to rule it out if nothing else. As time is likely an issue, we should probably start at the closest location and then go from there."

Shoun will ask one of the gathered people for directions to the various places.

Dark Archive

Male Human Light Cleric LV4: HP 7/34, AC:17/19, Str:3, Dex:1, Con:3, Int:-1, Wis:4, Cha:1, Init:1, PP:14

I agree, to the ranger first, actually any of these before we head into the forest, any of them.

Grand Lodge

Spring Map| Fall Map DCI #6203763429

If there are no objections... I will lead our heroes to the ranger... ^_^

1 to 50 of 359 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DDEX 01-08: Tales Trees Tell [5e Adventurers League] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.