Carrion Crown Blues: Broken Moon

Game Master Kartari


5,301 to 5,350 of 5,402 << first < prev | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female
Classes:
Cav1/Bar2/Monk2/Nin3Artist Image:[Island Elf (Fixed linky)
HP: 55 Init: +4 Perception +10,AC 21 (Horn Lamelar), touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+4 Armor, +3 Dex, +2 Dodge, +1 Sheild) Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +6; +2 vs. enchant,

I dun't think Zelda has stopped walkin' torwards just yet?

Am gon'a try somit. Wish me luck, okeys?

(^_^)


Game Master -- Carrion Crown (Current Map)

The Shudderwood
Early Evening, Toilday, 8th of Calistril

Zelda slips past the snake-riding blonde. Effortlessly, she flips over the large snake's body... right into the tower.

Standing in the center of the twenty-foot diameter tower, Zelda blinks twice. With a shudder, she suddenly realizes she is not in mom's kitchen anymore...

Rubbing the sticky webbing from her face, she sees long, taut strands of shimmering silk filling the ruined tower’s interior around her, and on her... from apparently walking through some of it. She sees that what remains forms an intricate pattern running from floor to ceiling. Half a dozen large cocoonlike shapes hang from the ceiling above Zelda, suspended above the tower’s hard-packed dirt floor. Between two larger chunks of rubble right before her, a wide burrow opens into the ground.

As Naught and Rhia approach, they too suddenly blink a few times and come to. Looking around, they both seem momentarily confused about how they got here, as if they were each off in their own alternate worlds as well.

Christoph reaches the entrance, a partially eroded stone doorway with no door, about 6 ft. wide. Sunny peers in after Zelda and the interior of the tower, as Sookie moves in to flank Sunny as she peers inside, too.

The silence sends a chill up the spines of Zelda and those looking in. Though you neither hear nor see anything other than what's described, you all get the chilling sense that someone... or something... is watching you...

Christoph:
The entrancing music... the silken webbing... the cocoons hanging above...

Foul servants of the goddess of disease and gluttony, weaverworms — or simply “weavers” — are terrifying abominations, combining the features of predatory insects, monstrously huge larvae, and deathly pale humanoids. Creations of Urgathoa forgotten by their cruel mistress long ago, these horrors seek out the dark places of the world, sowing murder and fear from the darkness, and all the while raising unnatural songs in praise of the goddess of gluttony. Weaverworms typically measure 18 feet long, though the most bloated weigh upward of a ton.

Your earlier monster lore check now succeeds, given the additional evidence you now see in the tower. Though you've never encountered one before, you recall from your training that this is a weaverworm, and as such possesses aberration traits.

Zelda, Rhia, and Naught are no longer fascinated and can now act normally. Christoph, Sunny, and Sookie stand adjacent to the entrance, with Sunny's large snake right behind them. Ali, Rhia, and Naught are about 20 feet behind the snake now.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Rogue 7
Stats:
Trap sense=17| HtPt 52/52 ! NG | AC=21*, T=16, FF+16*| CMB=9, CMD = 25| F=+4, R=+11*, W=+2 | Init +9| Perc= 11|Rapier +13, +7 1d6+4 /15-20X2 | Sword +12,1d6+2/19-20X2 | Short Bow +11,+4/ 1d6/20X3

Zelda looks through the website. It has to be around here somewhere.
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31


Female
Classes:
Cav1/Bar2/Monk2/Nin3Artist Image:[Island Elf (Fixed linky)
HP: 55 Init: +4 Perception +10,AC 21 (Horn Lamelar), touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+4 Armor, +3 Dex, +2 Dodge, +1 Sheild) Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +6; +2 vs. enchant,

As all ready worked out an' showed ta' tha' GM-y afore, like

Perception:1d20+10⇒(15)+10=25

Sunny notes the lass she's been following/chasing (Zelda) seems to have return to a sort of normal which brings forth a smile, "Hey ya there." She offers, (^_^)

"Glad I yam ta see ye." She offers a hand in greeting even as she steps daintily a little bit closer to Zelda looking about, bare feet wriggling against the silk laced dirt floor.

"T'is quite tha' place we done founded here, hey?" She wrinkles a pert nose.

"Uhm... is all this white stuff normal, like?" She enquires about the silk drapped every where with a waive of her other tanned arm, since she's still offering to shake Zelda's hand.


Male Varisian Inquisitor 8 (AC 23/15Tch/19FF, 23 CMD/19FF, HP 62/62, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +10, Init +7, Per +14)
Skills:
Climb +5, Heal +10, Intimidate +11, K(Arcana) +8*, K(Dungeon) +7*, K(Nature) +8*, K(Planes) +5*, K(Religion) + 12*, Perception +14, Ride +7, Sense Motive +18, Spellcraft +9, Stealth + 14, Survival +10*, Swim +5

"Not normal, this is a weaverworm's den. Think room sized insect and human monstrosities. Pretty sure we're on the menu and nothing, not even magic, will change its mind. Probably." Christoph watches the room warily for sign of the creature. How is something that big still hidden...

Don't like the idea of this thing behind us. Picked off too many with whatever drew them here. With his course of action clear (in his mind at least), he chants again and an ethereal dagger glowing blue white materializes overlaid with the arrow nocked but not drawn on his bow. Wispy tendrils of mist the same color seem to encircle the bow.

"Right, not sure if we can get away, but this is a menace. I'd prefer to end the threat."


Island Elf(link)
Fighter/Monk:
Fighter1/Monk4/Ninja4|HP30/62|Perc+10|AC18(20)T13)15)FF15(17)|CMB+8;CMD22|F +7R+11W+5(+2Vs Enchantments)|Init+4|Move40ft/Swim30ft

Sunny looks to the fellow that's stepped up and explained the state of the place (Christoph).

"Uhm...Room?" She asks, "Like.. in'a Tavern sized space? Or more boat cabin kind'a thingy?" Sunny again peers out into the dark, web shrouded expnse.

Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

"I'm thinkin' more Tavern... or maybe ship's hold size..." She muses.

"So.. we is ta be usin' tha' big swords, hey?" She pats the hilt of the large, curved blade sheathed across her back. Seeing the glow of magic cast by Christoph, Sunny's large blue eyes seem to grow wider.

"Ooooooh! Shiney... " (^_^)

Diplomacy:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Oops. Sunny be commin' across completly tha' wrong way... :P

Also, with that high a roll on perception? Yah, I am totally betting "It's behind YOU!" is a comment due soon. :P


Game Master -- Carrion Crown (Current Map)

The Shudderwood
Early Evening, Toilday, 8th of Calistril

Surprise Round

As Zelda looks around for something as yet unidentified to the others, she suddenly freezes in place. Slowly, her glance eerily turns towards the the floor at the far side of the tower's interior. There, a few small boulders of rubble from what was once part of the tower's upper wall above now rest.

A split second later, she somersaults back a few feet as strands of webbing suddenly jet forth from behind the rubble. As the strands stick to the hanging cocoons above, they begin to sway...

Then, something that Zelda was most certainly not looking for emerges from the burrow in the ground, behind the rubble...

The bloated white segments of a maggot’s body erupt in a torso of mixed feminine and insectile features. Pale humanoid skin and carapace meld together beneath a face with segmented eyes and mandibles chittering a song of discordant alien clicks and hisses, as overlong carapace claws weave cords of thick webbing between them.

Frustrated at missing it's next potential meal, it swiftly lunges forward with its insectile claws, reaching for Zelda's ripe flesh...

Round One now begins. Everyone please roll initiative. If you beat the creature's initiative roll below, you may now post your actions for round one.
Init to beat: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Zelda is now near the center of the 20 ft. diameter tower. The ground is considered difficult terrain (due to both webbing and rubble). The creature, a weaverworm, is now in melee range from Zelda near the far wall of the tower. It is partially emerged from a 5x5 ft. hole in the ground (though technically huge sized, this is because of its 18 ft. worm-like body length, which you may get to fully see soon enough LOL). Sunny, Sookie, and Christoph are now about 10 ft. away from Zelda and 15 ft. away from the weaverworm, standing just inside the entrance to the tower (opposite the burrow in the ground where the weaverworm is emerging from). And let's say Rhia, Naught, and Ali are now standing more or less right behind them about 20 ft. away from the weaverworm.

Secret Rolls:
Web attack vs Zelda
Web, attack roll vs AC 21: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


Female
Classes:
Cav1/Bar2/Monk2/Nin3Artist Image:[Island Elf (Fixed linky)
HP: 55 Init: +4 Perception +10,AC 21 (Horn Lamelar), touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+4 Armor, +3 Dex, +2 Dodge, +1 Sheild) Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +6; +2 vs. enchant,

Initiative:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

As the large pearlescent thing first squirts at then chitteringly lunges towards one of the people that have caught Sunny's intrest the tanned Elf blinks, even as she's drawing the smaller, though full length, sword from the scabbard at her hip.

Sunny begins to move slowly further in to the room's space. Deftly and daintily placeing bare feet on the strand covered floor.

Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17 Lookin' fer traps an' 'Wet' types patches in'a silk

"Well... this be a whole load a ugly..." She quips even as she adjusts the grip on her sword hilt. Her posible companions perhaps noting that the weapon she's weilding appears to be... made of wood ?

Taking a careful move so as to get more broad side on to the rilly 'Long' critter...

Yes, Sunny is trying to get closer...

Grand Lodge

Female Human Rogue 7
Stats:
Trap sense=17| HtPt 52/52 ! NG | AC=21*, T=16, FF+16*| CMB=9, CMD = 25| F=+4, R=+11*, W=+2 | Init +9| Perc= 11|Rapier +13, +7 1d6+4 /15-20X2 | Sword +12,1d6+2/19-20X2 | Short Bow +11,+4/ 1d6/20X3

Init: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Attempting to place herself in a flanking position Zelda moves by the creature and then attacks.
Rapier: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Crit: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Crit damage: 1d5 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Female Human Oracle of Pharasma 8; 59/59 HP; AC:13 [19] Touch 13 FF 10 [16]; F +8 R +6 W +12 (+16 fear); Init +2; Perception +8 (+12 undead/ can perceive ethereal undead)

Coming out if the stupor she was in, Rhia looks around, have puzzled, half intrigued as she takes in their surroundings, until the stream of webbing breaks her train of thought.

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Male Varisian Inquisitor 8 (AC 23/15Tch/19FF, 23 CMD/19FF, HP 62/62, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +10, Init +7, Per +14)
Skills:
Climb +5, Heal +10, Intimidate +11, K(Arcana) +8*, K(Dungeon) +7*, K(Nature) +8*, K(Planes) +5*, K(Religion) + 12*, Perception +14, Ride +7, Sense Motive +18, Spellcraft +9, Stealth + 14, Survival +10*, Swim +5

Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

The Speaker, waiting and watching diligently, bursts into motion only fractions of a second after the monstrosity he had been expecting erupts from its den into view. "Face your judgment, beast of Urgathoa!"

True to his words, he launches arrow after arrow with ease of long practice. As he fires, he steps away a few feet to keep a clear line of fire on the creature.

Judgement of Justice/Purity as swift, full attack with rapid shot, and 5 foot step

longbow attack 1 w/ Rapid shot/judgement/deadly aim: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 - 2 + 2 - 2 = 29
longbow damage 1 w/ weapon of awe/deadly aim: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 + 4 = 13

longbow attack RS w/ Rapid shot/judgement/deadly aim: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 11 - 2 + 2 - 2 = 17
longbow damage RS w/ weapon of awe/deadly aim: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 + 4 = 13

longbow attack 2 w/ Rapid shot/judgement/deadly aim: 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 - 2 + 2 - 2 = 11
longbow damage 2 w/ weapon of awe/deadly aim: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 + 4 = 14

Edit - confirm roll (if it confirms, creature is shaken for 1 round w/ no save per Weapon of Awe):

longbow attack 1 confirm w/ Rapid shot/judgement/deadly aim: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 11 - 2 + 2 - 2 = 21
longbow damage 1 confirm w/ weapon of awe/deadly aim: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 + 4 = 15


Spells Per Day Remaining:
1--4/4
Spells Active:
AC 26 T 15 FF 24 | Current HP 45/63| F +12 R +8 W +8 (+4 sacred vs confuse/fascinate, wisdom damage/drain) Immune: Fear, Disease | Init +3| Perc +2

Sookie agrees with the new lass Sunny with a "yep" as she takes a stiff-upper-lipped step forward, striking at the creature twice with her silver-tipped, long-ass spear. She draws blood... or whatever sickly fluid happens to ooze out of two more freshly poked holes.

Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Actions: Full Attack
Attack #1, Longspear: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Damage, Longspear: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Attack #2, Longspear: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Damage, Longspear: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Changeling Psychic Searcher (Oracle) 7 / Spirit Channeler (Psychic) 1 -- HP 50/50 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 17 | CMD 18 | FCMD 16 | Fort +3 | Ref +4 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +10D
Daily Abilities:
FaithHeal 1/1 | Harrow 0/1 | Hypnotism 1/1 | Inspire 8/8 | Phrenology 1/1 | Prognosticate 1/1 | Prophet 1/1 | Psychometry 1/1 | ReadAura 1/1 | Undead 8/8 | Voice 7/7 | Spells 1[1+9/9] - 2[2+8/8] - 2[1+6/6]

"Whaaat?"

Caught up in how gross it is in the tower, it takes Aliseya a few seconds to fully register the spidery, wormlike beast that just arrived. And when she does...

"Ew!"

Her beautiful face immediately crinkles like a prune as the disgust factor quadruples on seeing the creature.

Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Game Master -- Carrion Crown (Current Map)

The Shudderwood
Early Evening, Toilday, 8th of Calistril

Round One

The charming blonde wielder of a wooden sword steps carefully forward, examining the area as she goes. Sunny's keen elvish eyes see no signs of traps, nor other oddities besides the known oddities already perceived.

As she moves in, the artful blonde swiftly pokes a deep, penetrating hole into the weaverworm's side. It lets out a shriek as Zelda pulls out her exquisite rapier. A dark, viscous ooze stains her blade, pouring from the wound as well.

Three arrows swiftly target the creature from the Speaker's deadly bow. The wormy creature deflects two of them as it dances dexteriously. But the third lands dead-on in its chest, distracting it enough to furthermore give Zelda and Sookie a chance to land their blows.

Sookie then steps up and thrusts at the creature twice more, poking even more holes into its bizarre anatomy.

Rhia and Aliseya get their bearings as Naught, with axe in hand, itches to get an opening to close in on the beast.

Bleeding from several freshly-poked holes in its carapace, the weaverworm's segmented eyes dart furiously at the several companions. It continues chittering and clicking away in perhaps some alien tongue. Remaining focused on its original potential meal, Zelda, it claws at her twice with its sickly clawed hands. Though it misses wildly as she dodges them, its insectile mandibles make agile purchase on Zelda's shoulder. She can feel their sharp teeth piercing through her armor, painfully cutting into her flesh.

Zelda takes 14 points of damage.

Round Two now begins. Everyone please post your actions for this new round.

The ground is considered difficult terrain (due to both webbing and rubble) inside this 20 ft. diameter decaying tower. Zelda is now flanking the creature with Sunny; both are in melee range. The creature, a weaverworm, is near the far wall of the tower. It is partially emerged from a 5x5 ft. hole in the ground. Sookie is now 10 ft. away from the weaverworm, standing inside the entrance to the tower. Rhia, Naught, and Ali are standing more or less right behind them about 20 ft. away from the weaverworm.

Secret GM Stuff:
Naught's Init: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Weaverworm Damage: -46
Actions: Full attack vs Zelda.

Attack, Claw #1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Damage, Claw: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Attack, Claw #2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Damage, Claw: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Attack, Bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Damage, Bite: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 1) + 7 = 14


Female
Classes:
Cav1/Bar2/Monk2/Nin3Artist Image:[Island Elf (Fixed linky)
HP: 55 Init: +4 Perception +10,AC 21 (Horn Lamelar), touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+4 Armor, +3 Dex, +2 Dodge, +1 Sheild) Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +6; +2 vs. enchant,

Seeing the big, ugly thrower thingy get itself attached rather jaggedly to the Lass who only moments ago had seemed quite happy and blissful now only to see her wince in pain Sunny frowns as she shouts,

"HEY! UGLY!" She declares even as she adjusts the grip upon her weapon and strikes.

Att Roll:1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 8(Flanking. Weapon Focus; Ki weapon +1)

'WHOOSH'

Att Roll 2:1d20 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 17(Flanking. Weapon Focus; Ki weapon +1)

'Swish!"

I dun't think either is gon'a connect.

Though graceful, Sunny is hampered by the realisation that the ground is 'sticky'

"I'm a have ta' be workin' on me backhand..." She mutters even as her gaze is slightly distracted by the floor.

Bugger-an'-dang-nab it. :P

IF Sunny hits:

The sword jabs into the creature's hide. She twists the weapon and there's a 'crack' as it breaks within the creature's body.

Causing 1d4 'Bleed' damage.

As well as causing her wooden sword to break.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Rogue 7
Stats:
Trap sense=17| HtPt 52/52 ! NG | AC=21*, T=16, FF+16*| CMB=9, CMD = 25| F=+4, R=+11*, W=+2 | Init +9| Perc= 11|Rapier +13, +7 1d6+4 /15-20X2 | Sword +12,1d6+2/19-20X2 | Short Bow +11,+4/ 1d6/20X3

Finally Zelda mutters quietly as she strikes
Rapier: 1d20 + 13 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 13 - 2 + 2 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 4d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + (6, 4, 1, 5) = 21
Rapier: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 2 - 2 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 4d6 ⇒ (6) + 4 + (6, 4, 6, 2) = 28
Shortsword: 1d20 + 12 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 2 - 2 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 4d6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (1, 1, 4, 6) = 16

Spoiler:
if the creature takes damage it bleeds for 1 point per sneak attack dice so that would be four per round. Also it's natural armor is reduced by 4


Male Varisian Inquisitor 8 (AC 23/15Tch/19FF, 23 CMD/19FF, HP 62/62, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +10, Init +7, Per +14)
Skills:
Climb +5, Heal +10, Intimidate +11, K(Arcana) +8*, K(Dungeon) +7*, K(Nature) +8*, K(Planes) +5*, K(Religion) + 12*, Perception +14, Ride +7, Sense Motive +18, Spellcraft +9, Stealth + 14, Survival +10*, Swim +5

Christoph, having had time to study his foes movement, lets loose with another flurry of arrows. An new ominous whir accompanies each arrow as it leaves his bow.

longbow attack 1 w/ Rapid shot/judgement/deadly aim/bane: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 11 - 2 + 2 - 2 + 2 = 29
longbow damage 1 w/ weapon of awe/deadly aim/bane: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 + 4 + (6, 1) = 20

longbow attack RS w/ Rapid shot/judgement/deadly aim/bane: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 11 - 2 + 2 - 2 + 2 = 15
longbow damage RS w/ weapon of awe/deadly aim/bane: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 + 4 + (1, 5) = 23

longbow attack 2 w/ Rapid shot/judgement/deadly aim/bane: 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 2 + 2 - 2 + 2 = 22
longbow damage 2 w/ weapon of awe/deadly aim/bane: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 + 4 + (6, 6) = 29

Bane as a swift action and full attack again with rapid shot


Spells Per Day Remaining:
1--4/4
Spells Active:
AC 26 T 15 FF 24 | Current HP 45/63| F +12 R +8 W +8 (+4 sacred vs confuse/fascinate, wisdom damage/drain) Immune: Fear, Disease | Init +3| Perc +2

As the companions' onslaught unfolds, Sookie gives the hideous creature her two stabs as well.

Actions: Full round attack.
Attack #1, longspear: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Damage, longspear: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Attack #2, longspear: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Damage, longspear: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Crit confirm, longspear: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Extra crit damage, longspear: 2d8 ⇒ (7, 3) = 10


Game Master -- Carrion Crown (Current Map)

The Shudderwood
Early Evening, Toilday, 8th of Calistril

Round Two

As the creature's mandibles burrow into Zelda's shoulder, the agile worm-woman evades Sunny's wooden sword. The barely audible sound of three swift slices from Zelda's blades gives it great pause, however. It's jowl slackens as three new holes in its underside release more viscous ooze.

As it backs away from the artful blonde, one last dodge is about all the creature can muster as it evades but one of Christoph's three deadly arrows. Of the other two, the first pierces what might be its neck. The last pierces its mouth, and partially exits the back of its hideous skull.

Sookie's spear thrusts further decimate the dying creature, with her last thrust entering the side of it's head and exiting the other side, criss-crossing with the Speaker's arrow.

With one final shudder, its worm-like form collapses to the ground. Its grayish blood thickly begins to spread along the floor around it.

Aliseya and Rhia then finally both catch on to what's just happened. Naught enters once the entrance is opened up, axe in hand, and shrugs before lobbing off the beastie's head for good measure.

"Eh, just in case."

Combat is over, well done!

As they catch a breather and the adrenaline drops, the companions realize putrid decay is wafting into their nostrils in this ruined tower. Long, taut strands of shimmering silk fill the decaying tower’s interior, forming an intricate pattern running from floor to ceiling, though now partially disturbed by the battle. Half a dozen large cocoonlike shapes hang from the ceiling, suspended above the tower’s hard-packed dirt floor. In the far corner, between two larger chunks of rubble, a wide burrow opens into the ground, beckoning you from whence the foul creature emerged. Yet its lengthy wormy form remains partially underground, plugging up much of the entry to down below.

If interested in entering the largely-blocked burrow, let me know if you'd prefer to (a) attempt to move the massive worm-like body outside (this would take miraculous strength, or certain magic perhaps, or... a lot of time cutting it up into smaller chunks), or (b) one particularly agile and very thin person at a time could possibly wiggle and slip into the narrow gap between dead worm flesh and rocky edge (some damage might accrue from scrapes), or (c) something else you might think of?


Female
Classes:
Cav1/Bar2/Monk2/Nin3Artist Image:[Island Elf (Fixed linky)
HP: 55 Init: +4 Perception +10,AC 21 (Horn Lamelar), touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+4 Armor, +3 Dex, +2 Dodge, +1 Sheild) Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +6; +2 vs. enchant,
GM Kartari wrote:

The Shudderwood

Early Evening, Toilday, 8th of Calistril

As the creature's mandibles burrow into Zelda's shoulder, the agile worm-woman evades Sunny's wooden sword. The barely audible sound of three swift slices from Zelda's blades gives it great pause, however. It's jowl slackens as three new holes in its underside release more viscous ooze.

As it backs away from the artful blonde, one last dodge is about all the creature can muster as it evades but one of Christoph's three deadly arrows. Of the other two, the first pierces what might be its neck. The last pierces its mouth, and partially exits the back of its hideous skull.

Sookie's spear thrusts further decimate the dying creature, with her last thrust entering the side of it's head and exiting the other side, criss-crossing with the Speaker's arrow.

With one final shudder, its worm-like form collapses to the ground. Its grayish blood thickly begins to spread along the floor around it.

Aliseya and Rhia then finally both catch on to what's just happened. Naught enters once the entrance is opened up, axe in hand, and shrugs before lobbing off the beastie's head for good measure.

"Eh, just in case."

Combat is over, well done!

As they catch a breather and the adrenaline drops, the companions realize putrid decay is wafting into their nostrils in this ruined tower. Long, taut strands of shimmering silk fill the decaying tower’s interior, forming an intricate pattern running from floor to ceiling, though now partially disturbed by the battle. Half a dozen large cocoonlike shapes hang from the ceiling, suspended above the tower’s hard-packed dirt floor. In the far corner, between two larger chunks of rubble, a wide burrow opens into the ground, beckoning you from whence the foul creature emerged. Yet its lengthy wormy form remains partially underground, plugging up much of the entry to down below.

If interested in entering the largely-blocked burrow, let me know if you'd prefer to (a) attempt to move the massive worm-like body outside (this would take miraculous strength, or certain magic perhaps, or... a lot of time cutting it up into smaller chunks), or (b) one particularly agile and very thin person at a time could possibly wiggle and slip into the narrow gap between dead worm flesh and rocky edge (some damage might accrue from scrapes), or (c) something else you might think of?

As the creature expires Sunny deftly steps back and very casually resheathes her weapon. She blinks taking in the surrounding room space before suddenly bouncing upright and exclaiming,

"AH! Were is me manners?" She proceeds to bounce from new-found person to newfound person, gently taking their hand and offering a welcoming shake of 'Hellow'.

"I yam bein' called 'Sunny' in'a speakin' of tha' peoples." She beams happily as she introduces her supple, tanned self. Though as she arrives at her last handshake the aroma of her surroundings has her wrinkling her nose somewhat before she quickly steps outside into the clearer air. Peering back into the darkness she continues with a wave,

"An' this be Chauncy." She introduces her large, sinuous mount. (^_^)

Then she frowns looking towards the ceiling, "Here? Whut be in them bundles does ye think?" She indicates the silk cocoons dangling from the ceiling.

As for moving the big deceased thing? Chauncy is a big critter. How's about we hook up Chauncy's harness and give the big thing a bit of a drag. Heck, get it right out of the building and maybe clear up the air a bit as well?

Much cheers to all. (^_^)

Grand Lodge

Female Human Rogue 7
Stats:
Trap sense=17| HtPt 52/52 ! NG | AC=21*, T=16, FF+16*| CMB=9, CMD = 25| F=+4, R=+11*, W=+2 | Init +9| Perc= 11|Rapier +13, +7 1d6+4 /15-20X2 | Sword +12,1d6+2/19-20X2 | Short Bow +11,+4/ 1d6/20X3

Looking up at the bundles on curiosity Zelda brgins to work out a way to reach them. "Let me see what those bundles hold.

Spoiler:
let me know if I need to roll a climb check
traps: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36


Female
Classes:
Cav1/Bar2/Monk2/Nin3Artist Image:[Island Elf (Fixed linky)
HP: 55 Init: +4 Perception +10,AC 21 (Horn Lamelar), touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+4 Armor, +3 Dex, +2 Dodge, +1 Sheild) Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +6; +2 vs. enchant,

Seeing Zelda begin to work her way towards one of the hanging bundles Sunny tilts her head before bouncing away back to Chauncy.

First adjusting Chsuncy's 'Posture' from curled up sentry to a more supine position, she quickly begins unstrapping the sacks and bundles from off the saddle harnesses on the large serpent. (Though it might take a while)

Once Chauncy is suitably lightened, Chauncy flexing as they relax from their burden, she deftly hops into the saddle and turns the great beats back towards the building's entrance.

Handle Animal:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 (+14 to make Chauncy do something they don't want to do)

Hmmm.. not the bestest dice result...

Will have to await the GM's adjudication

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Rogue 7
Stats:
Trap sense=17| HtPt 52/52 ! NG | AC=21*, T=16, FF+16*| CMB=9, CMD = 25| F=+4, R=+11*, W=+2 | Init +9| Perc= 11|Rapier +13, +7 1d6+4 /15-20X2 | Sword +12,1d6+2/19-20X2 | Short Bow +11,+4/ 1d6/20X3

My typing was bad. Sorry about that


Changeling Psychic Searcher (Oracle) 7 / Spirit Channeler (Psychic) 1 -- HP 50/50 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 17 | CMD 18 | FCMD 16 | Fort +3 | Ref +4 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +10D
Daily Abilities:
FaithHeal 1/1 | Harrow 0/1 | Hypnotism 1/1 | Inspire 8/8 | Phrenology 1/1 | Prognosticate 1/1 | Prophet 1/1 | Psychometry 1/1 | ReadAura 1/1 | Undead 8/8 | Voice 7/7 | Spells 1[1+9/9] - 2[2+8/8] - 2[1+6/6]

The young and voluptuous Varisian lady remains just outside the ruined tower, holding her nose and crinkling her face in disgust of the odor. But when she meets Sunny, she takes her hand into both of her own and warmly returns a bright smile of her own.

"Hi! I'm Aliseya Belododia. And these are my friends!"

Her sultry voice and slight trilling accent are lovely to listen to. Her winter attire is colorful and posh, fitted to her lovely form while also practical for the cold. Her jewelry lightly jingles with each limber body movement. Her hair is a lush dark brown, her skin a smooth olive complexion. And her eyes are hazel. Well... one eye is hazel. The other is a curious shade of red...

She raises her arm and, in a slow swooping arc around, she points at each of her friends as she introduces them.

"This is Naught." She points at the 4 ft. 10 in. tall woman dressed in robes, leather, a large brimmed conical hat bent with age, and a pair of rose colored glasses. With a big axe in one hand, freshly coated in the weaver's grayish blood.

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance," Naught says as she formally bows to take the back of Sunny's hand to her lips. When she rises, she smiles back, revealing a row of shark-like teeth unbefitting her otherwise cute pale visage. Oddly, her hat, while remaining on her head, seems to slightly move a bit around of its own accord...

"And this is Rhia," Aliseya continues, pointing to another lovely young lady with an ethereal otherworldly air about her.

"The good Lady Sookie!" she announces regally, implying a nobility that seems warranted in the spear-wielding lady in a tweed suit.

"And the Speaker for the Voices of the Spire," she formally states with an air of awe as she next points to the serious archer.

"And of course Miss Zelda Lamplighter. Esquire." She emphasizes the word "esquire" as if to indicate a serious title, though she also winks at the rapier-wielding blonde who just poked the wormy creature with uncanny agility.

"Aaannnd... somewhere out there is Istivan, gathering our horses..." she looks back over her shoulder, hoping he and the horses are all okay.

I'll leave to to each PC to describe themselves and their introduction to Sunny.


Spells Per Day Remaining:
1--4/4
Spells Active:
AC 26 T 15 FF 24 | Current HP 45/63| F +12 R +8 W +8 (+4 sacred vs confuse/fascinate, wisdom damage/drain) Immune: Fear, Disease | Init +3| Perc +2

"A pleasure. Love the shells." Sookie speaks emotively yet formally in her southern Ustalavic accent as she takes Sunny's hand for a firm shake. Her reddish-brown hair is sideshaven, with one side short and the other long. She has fine features, but she emotes far stronger than such features would suggest. Her skin has a healthy glow and a fair share of freckles.

Sookie wears a brown three-piece tweed suit, apparently preferring the more casual, low-key, rather professorial look. In contrast, she wields a silver-tipped longspear in her hands.

(Southern Ustalavic accent = real world British accent)


Game Master -- Carrion Crown (Current Map)

The Shudderwood
Early Evening, Toilday, 8th of Calistril

Zelda observes the cocoons hanging above. She cannot reach them from the ground: at their bases, they range from 10 to 15 ft. up. To discern what might be inside of them, she must either climb the walls and rafters, toss a rope up, find a ladder, or...

In spite of some initial hesitation, Sunny successfully cajoles the great serpent into the tower to offer Zelda a step up closer to the cocoons above.

Zelda:
You spot no sign of traps amidst the cocoons.

No need to do a climb check if you let Chauncy raise you up: just do a single Ride or Acrobatics check vs DC 10 (your choice).

If you'd prefer to climb the walls and rafters, it'll be three Climb checks: two vs DC 20 (climb the wall), followed by a final DC 20 Climb check (cross the decaying rafters).

Or if you have & use rope, make it a CMB check vs 20 (toss and secure the rope), followed by two DC 15 Climb checks (climb the rope).

Though the rope would make it easier to climb, those rafters look like they're rotting from many years of exposure. Chauncy would be the easiest way to go, though I'm not sure how Zelda feels about large snakes, LOL.


Female
Classes:
Cav1/Bar2/Monk2/Nin3Artist Image:[Island Elf (Fixed linky)
HP: 55 Init: +4 Perception +10,AC 21 (Horn Lamelar), touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+4 Armor, +3 Dex, +2 Dodge, +1 Sheild) Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +6; +2 vs. enchant,

Sunny is captivated by the actions, glitter and jingles as Aliseya introduces herself and then the others. However, she blinks and gives a nod of acknowledgement.

At Naught's introduction, Sunny nods and smiles, not seeming to mind the other woman's demeanour... or hat.

She continues to nod and smile at everyone's introduction.

At Sookie's comment regarding her 'Shells', Sunny actually seems to notice the bespangled netting draped about herself.

""Ah! This just is me 'Keepsy'. Y'know? When ye is wanderin' about an' somat catches yer attention so's ye scoop it up, tangle it in't that keepsy. Then ye can be settled when yer lookin' at later." She smiles as she explains her outfit. (^_^)

With Zelda seeking to explore the dangling bundles, Sunny offers the abilities of Chauncy. (Would possibly be like rising a modern 'Cherry picker' or 'Scissor lift' experience?)

Helping the other woman settle behind her tanned self in the saddle upon Chauncy's sinuous back. (^_^)

Perception to look about the place with the new vantage point of being on Chauncy in the rafters.

Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


Also, I realise Sunny's/my phrasing might have been a little too harsh/emthusiastic?

Zelda quite rightly might want to do the poking of the bundles on her own. Under her own steam. She might, rightly, be a bit leery of a giant snek and the strange/weird person who's just popped up out of now where.

I'm very sorry for any gun's jumped and absconded with libertys.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Rogue 7
Stats:
Trap sense=17| HtPt 52/52 ! NG | AC=21*, T=16, FF+16*| CMB=9, CMD = 25| F=+4, R=+11*, W=+2 | Init +9| Perc= 11|Rapier +13, +7 1d6+4 /15-20X2 | Sword +12,1d6+2/19-20X2 | Short Bow +11,+4/ 1d6/20X3

Zelda looks suspiciously at the creature. "Are you sure it won't bite?" Then cautiously climbs on the creature to reach the bundles and work to open them to see what or who they contains

Then turns slightly red. I am sorry how rude of me. I am Zelda, a pleasure to meet you.


Female
Classes:
Cav1/Bar2/Monk2/Nin3Artist Image:[Island Elf (Fixed linky)
HP: 55 Init: +4 Perception +10,AC 21 (Horn Lamelar), touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+4 Armor, +3 Dex, +2 Dodge, +1 Sheild) Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +6; +2 vs. enchant,
Zelda Lamplighter wrote:

Zelda looks suspiciously at the creature. "Are you sure it won't bite?" Then cautiously climbs on the creature to reach the bundles and work to open them to see what or who they contains

Then turns slightly red. I am sorry how rude of me. I am Zelda, a pleasure to meet you.

Guiding Chauncy with a combination of balance in the saddle and knee pressure Sunny guides the giant snek to where Zelda indicates it is she wants to investigate first.

Ride Check:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 ( I know we is 'Takin Ten' but there be two of us on Chauncy fer tha' ride)

An' tha' dice roller be right up ta' snuff... :P

"Nah. Chauncy is more kind'a hugger than a biter." Sunny brightly replies to Zelda. She pats the great beast's neck and gives a scratch upon their scales. Since Zelda is behind Sunny, the tanned Elf doesn't notice the other woman's expression.

"Aye. 'Zelda' At's a pretty name. Sure 'nough." Being behind Sunny, Zelda can get a closer look at the netting and baubles wrapped about her lithe, tanned frame. An odd assortment of jewelry, shells, buttons, baubles and nick-knacks. With belts and straps holding Sunny's weapons about her other wise natural self.

Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

She helps Zelda gently probe and search the bundles.

"Here.. I think they be eated peoples..." Sunny muses. Sunny is wary of anything else nasty jumping out of places as well.

"Here. Maybe put on'a 'Storm straps'?" Sunny indicates some of the 'Extras' available on the exotic leather harness affixed around Chauncy's body. "Is normally ta' help keep one's self seated in rilly big waves, like." She explains brightly. "Fer them kind'a places ye can't simply dive below tha' storm."

"Should come in right handy fer when ye's got'a lean in't pokin' tha' bundles." She deftly demonstrates how Zelda can help make herself a tad more secure if the other woman feels a need to.

Ride Check:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 (Aid another)

(^_^)


Game Master -- Carrion Crown (Current Map)

The Shudderwood
Early Evening, Toilday, 8th of Calistril

Zelda finds her unusual lift up both smooth and bite-free. Within reach of one of the hanging cocoons, she studies it for a long moment. Taking out her dagger, she nimbly cuts away webbing from a cubic foot area at its base for a good minute or so.

She suddenly gasps.

A pair of blue eyes stares back at her. Wide-opened with great fear, they bulge from a pale, grizzle-bearded face covered in soot-like debris. The dead man was middle-aged in life and, judging by his pallor, he must have died recently.

Five more cocoons remain. Zelda spends another five minutes or so cutting away enough of each to identify the contents within each cocoon. In addition to the man's corpse, she finds three dead goats, a dead horse, and... another human. An older woman, with a similar expression of horror upon her pale dead face.

Anyone trained in Heal can make a check.

Heal vs DC 15:
You take a closer look at the dead faces. The middle-aged man was probably killed a few days ago, while the old woman was more like a few weeks ago. You also realize by their pallor that their blood has been completely drained.

Do you wish to fully examine the bodies? Zelda got a glimpse of each so far, just enough to identify what's inside each. If you do, please make a Perception check and identify which corpse your character chooses to examine.


Female
Classes:
Cav1/Bar2/Monk2/Nin3Artist Image:[Island Elf (Fixed linky)
HP: 55 Init: +4 Perception +10,AC 21 (Horn Lamelar), touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+4 Armor, +3 Dex, +2 Dodge, +1 Sheild) Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +6; +2 vs. enchant,

Heal Check:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

*Holds fingers a smidgen apart* Ooo..missed it by that much... :P

With the exposing of the passed people, Sunny gives a quiet, sad sigh. As Zelda works at removing more of the silk wrapping Sunny whispers quiet words in Elvish.

"Is we takin' 'em people's down? Maybe looky through their stuff an' find out where they is comes from?" She asks Zelda helpfully. (^_^)

Aye. Bringing the people down so everyone can say the nice words and stuff would be the gooder thingy ta' be doin'. (^_^)

"Does ye have a' inkling of who they might be or where they might'a come from?" Sunny asks, twisting slightly in the saddle to look over a tanned shoulder at Zelda.

"Not ta' be comin' across tha' wrong tack an' all. Like, I dun't take ye fer a local hereabouts or nuffin'. Jus', y'know, d'ye be knowin' 'em a-tall?" Sunny asks innocently, though plainly trying not to cause offence.

Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 (Lady's first?)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Theme music for the GM?:
XD


Game Master -- Carrion Crown (Current Map)

The companions aid Zelda and Sunny in the effort to retrieve the corpses and take them down to the ground outside.

There, Sunny works on clearing one of the corpses up. After about ten minutes, she finds the older woman to have been in good physical condition for her age. She finds a deep pair of puncture wounds on her neck. She's dressed in a homey green peasant's dress, with comfy winter booties and a worn but warm brown fur coat, a matching cap, and dark finger-less gloves. She finds on her a small knife, a hatchet, a machete, a hunting bow, and an empty quiver across her back. Around her neck rests a leather necklace with a dark wood-carved amulet bearing the image of a proud elk: a commonly recognized sign of the huntsman god Erastil. She has a small coin purse with copper and silver coins worth about 17 silver on her.

Sunny spots a fine line in the side of the amulet. Realizing it's a locket, she opens it to find an aged painted portrait of a young girl and a shorter boy beside her.

Perhaps she was a local in life, out hunting small game for her supper. Maybe she lived in a cabin in the woods? Maybe she lived alone... or maybe she had family.

Sadness comes over you as you ponder the possibilities.

Heal vs DC 15:
She has been deceased for maybe a few weeks, judging by the grayish pallor and level of bloat in this winter cold. You also note that the holes in her neck match the mandible of the weaverworm, confirming her cause of death. She appears to have been attacked from the front.


Changeling Psychic Searcher (Oracle) 7 / Spirit Channeler (Psychic) 1 -- HP 50/50 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 17 | CMD 18 | FCMD 16 | Fort +3 | Ref +4 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +10D
Daily Abilities:
FaithHeal 1/1 | Harrow 0/1 | Hypnotism 1/1 | Inspire 8/8 | Phrenology 1/1 | Prognosticate 1/1 | Prophet 1/1 | Psychometry 1/1 | ReadAura 1/1 | Undead 8/8 | Voice 7/7 | Spells 1[1+9/9] - 2[2+8/8] - 2[1+6/6]

A few tears stream down Aliseya's face as she looks down sadly at the old woman's body.

She blinks a few times, as if startled out of her private thoughts by Sunny's last question.

"No... I didn't know her. It's just, like, so sad..."

"May I?" Eyeballing the Erastilan locket, she extends an open hand to Sunny.

Forgot my daily harrow card check: Shields (Con).
Suit: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Female Human Oracle of Pharasma 8; 59/59 HP; AC:13 [19] Touch 13 FF 10 [16]; F +8 R +6 W +12 (+16 fear); Init +2; Perception +8 (+12 undead/ can perceive ethereal undead)
Aliseya Belododia wrote:


"And this is Rhia," Aliseya continues, pointing to another lovely young lady with an ethereal otherworldly air about her.

The beautiful young woman with long, flowing silvery hair gives Sunny a smile, one full of warmth despite the odd chill that seems to fill the air around her, pricking goose-flesh of those nearby.

Of slight yet still femininely curvy build, with a slightly unfocused gaze, as if perpetually distracted, she would seem not only disarming, but harmless were it not for the slight aura of intense supernatural power coming from her. "A pleasure to meet you!" she says with a warm smile.


Female
Classes:
Cav1/Bar2/Monk2/Nin3Artist Image:[Island Elf (Fixed linky)
HP: 55 Init: +4 Perception +10,AC 21 (Horn Lamelar), touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+4 Armor, +3 Dex, +2 Dodge, +1 Sheild) Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +6; +2 vs. enchant,
Rhia Van der Geist wrote:
Aliseya Belododia wrote:


"And this is Rhia," Aliseya continues, pointing to another lovely young lady with an ethereal otherworldly air about her.

The beautiful young woman with long, flowing silvery hair gives Sunny a smile, one full of warmth despite the odd chill that seems to fill the air around her, pricking goose-flesh of those nearby.

Of slight yet still femininely curvy build, with a slightly unfocused gaze, as if perpetually distracted, she would seem not only disarming, but harmless were it not for the slight aura of intense supernatural power coming from her. "A pleasure to meet you!" she says with a warm smile.

Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Oh tha' dice roller be lovin' Sunny no matter where she be rollin' dice, it seems...

Oblivious to everything but Rhia's charming smile Sunny happily shakes hands. (^_^)


Female
Classes:
Cav1/Bar2/Monk2/Nin3Artist Image:[Island Elf (Fixed linky)
HP: 55 Init: +4 Perception +10,AC 21 (Horn Lamelar), touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+4 Armor, +3 Dex, +2 Dodge, +1 Sheild) Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +6; +2 vs. enchant,
GM Kartari wrote:

The companions aid Zelda and Sunny in the effort to retrieve the corpses and take them down to the ground outside.

Sunny spots a fine line in the side of the amulet. Realising it's a locket, she opens it to find an aged painted portrait of a young girl and a shorter boy beside her.

Perhaps she was a local in life, out hunting small game for her supper. Maybe she lived in a cabin in the woods? Perhaps she lived alone... or maybe she had family.

Sunny ponders the tiny picture in the jewellery piece for a while as the others examine the passed woman's clothing.

Heal Check:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

"Maybe we can be findin' a village somewhere's nearby? Maybe let tha' family know we found her?" Sunny suggests.

"I just bin followin' tha' river, so I in't seen much a anybody fer a while." Sunny looks towards the forest. "Well, lets get tha' t'other feller down an' see if'n they were a pair or not..." She finishes prosaically.


Changeling Psychic Searcher (Oracle) 7 / Spirit Channeler (Psychic) 1 -- HP 50/50 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 17 | CMD 18 | FCMD 16 | Fort +3 | Ref +4 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +10D
Daily Abilities:
FaithHeal 1/1 | Harrow 0/1 | Hypnotism 1/1 | Inspire 8/8 | Phrenology 1/1 | Prognosticate 1/1 | Prophet 1/1 | Psychometry 1/1 | ReadAura 1/1 | Undead 8/8 | Voice 7/7 | Spells 1[1+9/9] - 2[2+8/8] - 2[1+6/6]

Taking the deceased woman's locket in her palm, Aliseya closes her eyes. For a long minute, her pupils dart to and fro behind their closed lids...

Psychometry check.
Appraise, psychometry on locket: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Changeling Psychic Searcher (Oracle) 7 / Spirit Channeler (Psychic) 1 -- HP 50/50 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 17 | CMD 18 | FCMD 16 | Fort +3 | Ref +4 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +10D
Daily Abilities:
FaithHeal 1/1 | Harrow 0/1 | Hypnotism 1/1 | Inspire 8/8 | Phrenology 1/1 | Prognosticate 1/1 | Prophet 1/1 | Psychometry 1/1 | ReadAura 1/1 | Undead 8/8 | Voice 7/7 | Spells 1[1+9/9] - 2[2+8/8] - 2[1+6/6]

After a minute, Aliseya opens her sad eyes.

"Her brother." She points to the boy in the locket. "He's alone now. She took care of him. I think he's, like, ...unable to walk?"

She looks all around at the ground, "I don't think they lived far from here..."


Female
Classes:
Cav1/Bar2/Monk2/Nin3Artist Image:[Island Elf (Fixed linky)
HP: 55 Init: +4 Perception +10,AC 21 (Horn Lamelar), touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+4 Armor, +3 Dex, +2 Dodge, +1 Sheild) Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +6; +2 vs. enchant,

Sunny bounces closer to Aliseya at the revelation.

"Oh! We gotta help folks, then." She exclaims. Then hurriedly begins to get Chauncy ready, pauses and moves to enter the ruins with just Chauncy again.

"We gotta see ta' t'other feller an' all. Work out who they might belong to." She quickly mounts up and, with (Hopefully) Zelda's help, gets the other victim down so they can sort out 'What's what'.

Perception?:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Grand Lodge

Female Human Rogue 7
Stats:
Trap sense=17| HtPt 52/52 ! NG | AC=21*, T=16, FF+16*| CMB=9, CMD = 25| F=+4, R=+11*, W=+2 | Init +9| Perc= 11|Rapier +13, +7 1d6+4 /15-20X2 | Sword +12,1d6+2/19-20X2 | Short Bow +11,+4/ 1d6/20X3

Zelda climbs the strange creature once more and carefully removes each victim from there cocoon.


Female
Classes:
Cav1/Bar2/Monk2/Nin3Artist Image:[Island Elf (Fixed linky)
HP: 55 Init: +4 Perception +10,AC 21 (Horn Lamelar), touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+4 Armor, +3 Dex, +2 Dodge, +1 Sheild) Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +6; +2 vs. enchant,

I think the 'Good' thing (?) is that the monster has/had only managed to get two people.

So, yay?


Game Master -- Carrion Crown (Current Map)

The Shudderwood
Early Evening, Toilday, 8th of Calistril

Sunny and Zelda free the next cocoon, taking it beside the old woman's body back outside. Laying it down, Naught aids Zelda with her sharp claws as the artful blonde works her blade for the next several minutes. Together, they carefully strip away the bulk of the webbing from the middle-aged man's form.

Though dusk's sunlight grows dimmer now, Sookie's spear sheds a silvery light.

A colorfully dressed and handsome half-elvish man then returns from the woods with several horses in tow. After securing the horses, Istivan Langa introduces himself to Sunny with a charming flourish. He takes out his scimitar, which glows a soft sunny light that compliments Sookie's magical moonlight.

The blue-eyed corpse is pale with a grizzled beard. His face, frozen in wide-eyed fear, is covered in soot-like debris. The dead man was middle-aged in life and, judging by his pallor, he must have died recently.

He was well dressed in life, with expensive jewelry; a pair of rings, a gold necklace, and a jeweled brooch. In one of his pouches he carries some coin: In another pouch, he carries a sealed envelope half soaked in blood. The envelope contains a letter inside.

If trained (i.e. with at least 1 rank invested in the skill), you may make the following Appraise check.

Appraise vs DC 20:
The man's outfit is fitting for a minor noble. He wears an exotic white fur cloak, a silken doublet, some very fine pants, suede boots, and suede gloves. Around his neck is a fine golden chain. On his breast is pinned a blue sapphire brooch. His fingers contain a pair of rings. One is of white gold and bears a noble signet. The other is a white gold ring with a white diamond setting. If cleaned, the outfit would be worth some 40 gold crowns. The rings, the necklace, and the brooch combined are worth perhaps 110 gold crowns.

If trained, you may make the following Heal check.

Heal vs DC 15:
Judging by his grayish-green pallor and the passing of rigor mortis in this winter weather, you deem that the middle-aged man must have died a few days ago. Like the woman, he too has a pair of holes in his neck that match the weaverworm's mandible, confirming the cause of death. His body was likewise drained of blood, and he was also attacked from the front.


Female
Classes:
Cav1/Bar2/Monk2/Nin3Artist Image:[Island Elf (Fixed linky)
HP: 55 Init: +4 Perception +10,AC 21 (Horn Lamelar), touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+4 Armor, +3 Dex, +2 Dodge, +1 Sheild) Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +6; +2 vs. enchant,
Zelda Lamplighter wrote:
Zelda climbs the strange creature once more and carefully removes each victim from their cocoon.

Sunny offers Zelda the 'Front seat' this second time. Showing the other lass how to steer Chauncy. Showing that, unlike a plain old horse, the subtle controls which an exotic saddle allows for. Not just 'Stop' and 'Go' or 'Left/right' but 'Up' and 'Down' as well.

Diplomacy:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Though perhaps Sunny's patois is not the greatest at conveying the more subtle meanings.

Ride 'Aid another':1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Though betwixt the pair of them, with Chauncy's great help, they get the job done.

Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

(^_^)

Oooo, I can see tha' dice roller be all sorts a wonderful...


Game Master -- Carrion Crown (Current Map)

Forgot to mention his weapons...

You also find an elegantly decorated rapier and matching parrying dagger in their sheathes, still belted at the dead man's hips. Across his back rests a finely crafted shortbow with a full quiver of 20 arrows. They are all of masterwork quality.


Male Varisian Inquisitor 8 (AC 23/15Tch/19FF, 23 CMD/19FF, HP 62/62, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +10, Init +7, Per +14)
Skills:
Climb +5, Heal +10, Intimidate +11, K(Arcana) +8*, K(Dungeon) +7*, K(Nature) +8*, K(Planes) +5*, K(Religion) + 12*, Perception +14, Ride +7, Sense Motive +18, Spellcraft +9, Stealth + 14, Survival +10*, Swim +5

Christoph lowers his bow and watches their monstrous foe for any sign of movement until Naught unceremoniously lops its head off. Nodding his approval, he finds himself confronted by the energetic elf and her outstretched hand.

Looking down, he pauses a moment before tentatively taking the outstretched hand with his free hand and shaking firmly. He elaborates, very slightly, on Aliseya's introduction, "Speaker Christoph Metzger."

The Speaker returns his bow to its case with practiced ease as Sunny moves to the others in the group. With his stocky build and height, Christoph Metzger looms like a statue or gargoyle. With his black and red uniform, he would blend into the gloomy interior of the tower if not for all the webbing. His face, set in disapproval, may as well have been carved from rock for as much as it varied as he watches the proceedings.

As the investigation begins, he moves closer (though he warily eyes Chauncy as he does so) and studies the corpses. "From what I know of weaverworms, it seems entirely likely they did eat them."

Heal #1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Heal #2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Heal #3: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Kneeling by the corpses, he opines distractedly (as Chauncy continues to move around), "Neither is anyone I know. The woman was killed a few weeks ago and the man only a few days ago. Their blood was drained, but I couldn't tell you much more."

He listens to Aliseya's explanation, then nods thoughtfully, "If she's been gone for weeks and he's not been able to fetch water, I fear the worst. We could go and seek him out, though I'm curious why you think they live -lived?- nearby?"

As he says this, he notices the letter that Sunny and Zelda had identified. He steps over and takes it when they seem to leave it be and opens it carefully (with the aid of his dagger if needed).

Reading the letter.


Female
Classes:
Cav1/Bar2/Monk2/Nin3Artist Image:[Island Elf (Fixed linky)
HP: 55 Init: +4 Perception +10,AC 21 (Horn Lamelar), touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+4 Armor, +3 Dex, +2 Dodge, +1 Sheild) Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +6; +2 vs. enchant,

Yah. His toys an' gear an' stuff is all rilly interestin' but knowin' who he might a bin.

Is he havin' anything like tha' picture pocket tha' Lady was wearin'?

He in't no one of consequence?

People's is rilly wantin' ta know.

(^_^)


*Sunny* wrote:

People's is rilly wantin' ta know.

*Dons black mask. Flourishes rapier.*

Get used to disappointment.

XD

Grand Lodge

Female Human Rogue 7
Stats:
Trap sense=17| HtPt 52/52 ! NG | AC=21*, T=16, FF+16*| CMB=9, CMD = 25| F=+4, R=+11*, W=+2 | Init +9| Perc= 11|Rapier +13, +7 1d6+4 /15-20X2 | Sword +12,1d6+2/19-20X2 | Short Bow +11,+4/ 1d6/20X3

Carefully studying the items
appraise: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Interesting this was most likely a minor noble. Someone must be looking for him. See here is his signet ring. His very clothes are worth about 40 gold and the rest of his jewelry should net around 110 gold. I think we should try to find his family. They will want to know what happened to him and they will diffently want the signet ring returned.

5,301 to 5,350 of 5,402 << first < prev | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Carrion Crown Blues All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.