The World of Eafphqu: Team "good."

Game Master Hoary and Wizened

Setting Site

Battle Grid

Initiative:

Initiative =
Out of Initiative


301 to 350 of 1,442 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Forest Gnome NG Hermit Druid of the Mountain Circle 2 AC 15 HP 17 Passive Perception 15 Init +2 Proficency Bonus +2 Spell Attack Modifier +5 Spell DC 13 Inspiration 1

"That is useful though disturbing."

Psalm places the shriveled brain in a rag and puts it in his Herbalism case.


Male Forest Gnome NG Hermit Druid of the Mountain Circle 2 AC 15 HP 17 Passive Perception 15 Init +2 Proficency Bonus +2 Spell Attack Modifier +5 Spell DC 13 Inspiration 1

Any marks on the brain that suggest the tendril or something like the tendril was buried in it.


As she lowers the corpse back down and packs up her block and tackle... "Ye know, my great grand pappy would eat brains. Now in the Alexandrite City we didn't have these wooly ones but something similar to yer oxen, called rothes. He said it made it him more alert but grossed the youngin's out somethin' sinister..." she chuckles "Maybe this is just a creature o' nature, making its way the only way it knows...like me pappy. Life feeds on life, after all...though that's no excuse for it getting the children! Either way we need to find a way to protect people from this...not a fate Id wish on anyone."


Battle Grid

No, there are no marks on the brain to indicate it was probed or infiltrated by any outside source.


Male Forest Gnome NG Hermit Druid of the Mountain Circle 2 AC 15 HP 17 Passive Perception 15 Init +2 Proficency Bonus +2 Spell Attack Modifier +5 Spell DC 13 Inspiration 1

"There are no marks on the brain other than the shriveling. Its possible this creature does its damage at range."

Psalm gathers his gear up. "We do have enough to go on to make some recommendations to people. The creature puts its victims to sleep. So people can look out for animals sleeping at unusual times. If folks want to guard their herds for safety sake put out more than one guard and spread them its safe to assume there is a limited range on the creature's sleep ability."

Psalm looks at the area of disturbed earth. "Gomedebo you dug at the other hole. Does this sort of disturbance look like the same type of creature."

The Exchange

(Male Half-Elf Paladin of Amren) HP (26/26) AC (17) DS (5/5) LoH (10/10) Lvl 1 (2/2) Hit (+5) Dmg (1d8+5) (Background: Former Criminal] Insight, Perception (+4) Religion, Investigation, Stealth (+5) Persuasion (+6)

Sorry! It's the avatar...

During this investigation, Lindaer stood back with his arms crossed. He knew how to talk well enough, but this level of investigation was far beyond his abilities. So he instead marveled at his companions' investigative abilities.


"Well, let me just take a look here..." she squats down as if becoming one with the earth, her dwarven skeleton an engineering marvel of the gods.

Int Investigation for putting 2 and 2 together?

Int Inv: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Battle Grid

Stirring the dirt with a blade tip and with her fingers, Gomdebo is fairly certain that the collapsed tunnel was made either by a worm like the one they saw, or a creature vastly similar to it.

The Exchange

(Male Half-Elf Paladin of Amren) HP (26/26) AC (17) DS (5/5) LoH (10/10) Lvl 1 (2/2) Hit (+5) Dmg (1d8+5) (Background: Former Criminal] Insight, Perception (+4) Religion, Investigation, Stealth (+5) Persuasion (+6)

"It seems like we have done some good here afterall. I by we, I mean all of you. I am amazed at how much you all were able to put together here. Truly, the gods smile."


Male Forest Gnome NG Hermit Druid of the Mountain Circle 2 AC 15 HP 17 Passive Perception 15 Init +2 Proficency Bonus +2 Spell Attack Modifier +5 Spell DC 13 Inspiration 1

"If you elect to keep watch. Elves are resistant to the creatures sleep abilities. Others might be susceptible. If it would be your intent to keep a watch. Spread out and carry a means that would warn others if you fell unconscious. Still it would be dangerous. I also know for some these animals are their livelihood."


She snaps her fingers "Oy, why not try flocking them atop that stone outcropping yonder come nightfall? Perhaps they can only burrow through soil?"


GG Forest Gnome Boddynuck Male Wizard Folk Hero | Hp 18/18 | AC 12 | S -1/D+2/ C+3//I+7/W+3/C+1 | Passive Per 11 | Per +1 | Insight +1| Acro +2 Spells DC 15 save, [3/3 L2]

"I'd be careful about telling people to go out at night to watch their sheep. At least 2 children have already died, if it IS the worms then they're willing to eat people too.

Gomdebo, that is a WONDERFUL idea. Although if they can't get sheep they may go for something else.

Perhaps we can set up a trap? Get most of the sheep onto the rock, keep a couple as bait. We stay awake on nearby rocks? "


Gomdebo nods "I like that idea. Though the day is still young (maybe?), perhaps we could plan on coming back after supper..." strangely enough, covered in sheep blood and dirt she seems to have not lost her appetite.

The Exchange

(Male Half-Elf Paladin of Amren) HP (26/26) AC (17) DS (5/5) LoH (10/10) Lvl 1 (2/2) Hit (+5) Dmg (1d8+5) (Background: Former Criminal] Insight, Perception (+4) Religion, Investigation, Stealth (+5) Persuasion (+6)

”We could also report this to the authorities. They may have resources to deal with this once they know what the problem is.”


Battle Grid

Ryne listens intently to everything the adventuring party has to say. Then speaks up, "I'd best go tell m'boss. Boss Gaukridotr's got herds and flocks far as the eye can see, I don't know how we're going to protect 'em all from magic worms? Best he knows what the danger is though. You're welcome to come along to the main house if you like? Otherwise, as you well know, it's about a half day's journey back to town. If you're looking to try and capture one o' these worms, I'm sure some of the men'll help you get things squared away. Best bury that carcass if you're done with it too, or the wolves'll be sniffin' around in no time. Might be they come sniffin' around anyway, bloody mess like that's already floatin' on the breeze."


Male Forest Gnome NG Hermit Druid of the Mountain Circle 2 AC 15 HP 17 Passive Perception 15 Init +2 Proficency Bonus +2 Spell Attack Modifier +5 Spell DC 13 Inspiration 1

I think the DM just warned us that we cast "Summon Wolves."

Psalm looks to Ryne, "We will bury the carcass."


Was it that obvious?! :P

The Exchange

(Male Half-Elf Paladin of Amren) HP (26/26) AC (17) DS (5/5) LoH (10/10) Lvl 1 (2/2) Hit (+5) Dmg (1d8+5) (Background: Former Criminal] Insight, Perception (+4) Religion, Investigation, Stealth (+5) Persuasion (+6)

”What worries me, is that these creatures do not seem to be native to this region. Which begs the question, of what are they doing here? It feels like one answer just leads to two more questions...”


Male Forest Gnome NG Hermit Druid of the Mountain Circle 2 AC 15 HP 17 Passive Perception 15 Init +2 Proficency Bonus +2 Spell Attack Modifier +5 Spell DC 13 Inspiration 1

DM you might not be able to answer this. But should this be viewed as something natural or an aberration. I ask because as a druid I would have a duty to figure out how life continues and how a natural balance could be reached. If its some sort of un-natural aberration it is an abomination that cannot continue. The answer might be that we don't know but its something that I wanted to put out as an important question for Psalm.


Battle Grid

Psalm, you are right that is a very important question, but one that will require more in game investigation to be sure of an answer. I'll just list what you know right now: 1)These are as yet undiscovered creatures, even by the Order colleges in Rydwyrna. 2)They seemed to appear suddenly, with no accompanying natural phenomenon to mark their engendering. 3)They have upset agricultural economy, which by itself isn't unnatural, wild animals claim a certain number of flocks and herds each year, but these slayings seem to be increasing in frequency almost exponentially. 3)All indications point to a geographical epicenter from which things spread out, which could indicate a few different things about how these creatures relate to their ecosystem. Hopefully that helps in terms of pointing your investigation. :D

Ryne snuffs at Lindaer's comment about the supposed worms. "Since I ain't never seen one m'self, can't say as their natural or not. Lived my whole life here in these hills and valleys, and I've seen a fair number o' strange beasts, and heard tell of many more. Eafphqu's home to many and more wild things that the gods seem to have put here just to mock and kill us." With that he murmurs something to his underlings and then walks away to the north and east.


Battle Grid

Just as Ryne is walking away, you see another group of people, clearly, by their trappings and gear, not shepherds or ranchers. As they get closer you realize that they are people that were also at the bar the night of Akassa's speech. They must be the other group you've heard so much about. As they approach you scrutinize them closely, as they do you.

Go ahead and introduce yourselves (again) everyone! :D


Male Forest Gnome NG Hermit Druid of the Mountain Circle 2 AC 15 HP 17 Passive Perception 15 Init +2 Proficency Bonus +2 Spell Attack Modifier +5 Spell DC 13 Inspiration 1

Psalm sees the approaching group. He looks to Ryne, "You know these folks . . . nevermind. I recognize some of them from the meeting with Senator Akassa."

"Greetings in the name of the lady lion." Psalm nods politely, "I recall some of your faces from the meeting with the Senator. My guess is that you are here investigating the malady."

"I am Psalm. This Lindaer, Quint, Boddynuck and Gomdebo." He points out his friends. "We have heard you were about. We had hoped to compare notes."


GG Forest Gnome Boddynuck Male Wizard Folk Hero | Hp 18/18 | AC 12 | S -1/D+2/ C+3//I+7/W+3/C+1 | Passive Per 11 | Per +1 | Insight +1| Acro +2 Spells DC 15 save, [3/3 L2]

"Hi there. Psalm forgot to introduce Vralk. This is Vralk"

he says as he points at the raven perched on his shoulder.


Gomdebo appears to be the paragon of a dwarven female, but her accent is like nothing you've ever heard. She is covered in dirt and blood, it seems she has been digging both in the earth and in carcasses. "Well then, the Senator finally has herself a proper company now doesn't she?"


LN Half-Elf Bard 2 | Passive Perception: 13 | Passive Insight: 13 | Max HP: 18 | AC: 13 | Saves: Str: -1; Dex: +3; Con: +1; Int: +2; Wis: +1; Cha: +6 | Init: +1 | Spell DC: 14 Current HP: -0 | Spell Slots: 3 | Inspiration: [] | Conditions: None

The attractive half-elven man wearing formal Tindaran dress and a pair of Tindaran blades on his hip bowed and said "Greetings, my name is Valanthe Jun. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I will allow the others to introduce themselves, as I do not speak for them."


Male Human Barbarian (Outlander)(CN)/2, HP 25/25: , AC: 16 , Saves: STR +6 CON +6, Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 14: Rage Remaining 1/2

A large, muscular Highlander cannot be overlooked, nor can the head of the Greataxe sheathed on his back.

I am known as Hack. We share a common employer and should share our knowledge. We havd recently seen this worm-like beast.


Male CG Gnome Rogue 2 (urchin) | Character Sheet | HP: 16/16 | AC: 15 | Saves: Str 2, Dex 6, Con 0, Int 5 (adv), Wis -1 (adv), Cha 2 (adv) | Init: +4 | Psv Perc: 13 (DV 60ft) | Speed: 25ft | Rapier +6 1d8+4, Shortbow +6 1d6+4 (80/320ft), 2 Daggers +6 1d4+4 (20/60ft) | Sneak Attack: +1d6 | Spell Atk: 5, DC: 13 | Skills: Athletics 4, Acrobatics 6, Sleight of Hand 6, Stealth 8, Perception 3, Deception 4 | Inspiration: {}

Quint gives a small wave when Psalm mentions his name, then brushes his hand through his wild red hair. Some of the dark grease that streaks his hair, keeping it in control and out of his eyes, comes away on his fingers, and he quickly wipes it on his pants in case someone offers to shake hands. He listens as the newcomers introduce themselves, trying to ascertain whether any of them are members of the Arcane Order.


Gomdebo offers some information...

Just going to do this ooc for clarity, and probably forgetting something:
1. Worm creatures have a sleep attack that elves are immune to, and stand down or retreat when this fails.
2. Dissected dead sheep had shrunken brain inside, mucus on ear, and tendril similar to one found earlier in worm encounter.

The Exchange

(Male Half-Elf Paladin of Amren) HP (26/26) AC (17) DS (5/5) LoH (10/10) Lvl 1 (2/2) Hit (+5) Dmg (1d8+5) (Background: Former Criminal] Insight, Perception (+4) Religion, Investigation, Stealth (+5) Persuasion (+6)

Lindaer nodded politely at his new companions. Where they mercenaries or here for a higher cause? Regardless, the Gods must have placed them here for a reason, he told himself.

”The pleasure is ours. And of course, we shall work together and share all we know.”


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female High Elf NG Monk 2 Character Sheet | HP: 20/20 (2d8 + 3) | Defense: AC: 17 (10 + Dex(+ 4) + Wis(+ 3)) Saving Throws: Str. + 4, Dex. + 6 | Advantage vrs Charms, No magical sleep | Perception + 5, Passive + 15, DV 60 ft | Init. + 4, Spd 40 ft. Offense: Unarmed Strike + 6, 1d4 + 4 Ranged: + 6, 1d6 + 4, 80 ft./ 320 ft. | Ki points: 2/2 Luna's Heritage

Luna walks over towards the group looking around at them. Three gnomes? Really? And ... one of those as she glances towards the dwarf & then quickly glances away, her eyes finally settling on the Half-elf, Well, thank Aldellion for small favors!

In a somewhat lofty tone, and clearly ignoring the dwarf, "I am Bellaluna Liaqirelle, daughter of Amra, daughter of Malgath, daughter of Denoniel, daughter of the great Aldellion herself. You may call me Luna. I am certain that joining OUR knowledge together with yours" ('yours' being said in what is clearly a derisive tone) "shall be of great benefit." The implied: 'to your group' is not said, but clearly understood.

For the people we are just meeting: I apologize. I am not that way! I am just roleplaying my character, the haughty elf, great grand-daughter of the high queen, and great, great, grand-daughter of Aldellion herself! *** She wears a simple outfit, a variety of greens all mixing together, no armor whatsoever,and the only weapons visible are a dagger at her belt and a shortbow over her shoulder.

Also, occasionally while settling down for camp, people may see her pull out a parchment and look at it. She makes no effort to hide this and will even show it proudly to anyone who shows the slightest interest.


LN Half-Elf Bard 2 | Passive Perception: 13 | Passive Insight: 13 | Max HP: 18 | AC: 13 | Saves: Str: -1; Dex: +3; Con: +1; Int: +2; Wis: +1; Cha: +6 | Init: +1 | Spell DC: 14 Current HP: -0 | Spell Slots: 3 | Inspiration: [] | Conditions: None

"We encountered the creatures last night, and they attempted to use their mind magic on both Luna and myself, but it no avail."

We also had a discussion about sleep and magical sleep. I'm not sure if our illustrious GM mentioned it.

"As this seems to be the epicenter of the attacks, we have arrived here. I was also about to ask about making some traps to try and catch one of these worm things."


Male CG Gnome Rogue 2 (urchin) | Character Sheet | HP: 16/16 | AC: 15 | Saves: Str 2, Dex 6, Con 0, Int 5 (adv), Wis -1 (adv), Cha 2 (adv) | Init: +4 | Psv Perc: 13 (DV 60ft) | Speed: 25ft | Rapier +6 1d8+4, Shortbow +6 1d6+4 (80/320ft), 2 Daggers +6 1d4+4 (20/60ft) | Sneak Attack: +1d6 | Spell Atk: 5, DC: 13 | Skills: Athletics 4, Acrobatics 6, Sleight of Hand 6, Stealth 8, Perception 3, Deception 4 | Inspiration: {}

It didn't work on Lindaer either. Quint joins in. He can't keep watch all night though, so I think we'll all feel better with a few more elf-blooded folks around.


Male Forest Gnome NG Hermit Druid of the Mountain Circle 2 AC 15 HP 17 Passive Perception 15 Init +2 Proficency Bonus +2 Spell Attack Modifier +5 Spell DC 13 Inspiration 1

No worries Luna. Extreme personalities are often fun. I of course must ask the DM how legit does Psalm find the idea that an elf let alone this elf is the actual daughter of Aldellion.

I understand that Luna is showcasing how Elves see it I was just wondering if that was a universal position or an eye rolling idea. I see Luna's copy of the scroll mentions that is a scroll given to elves who travel outside the kingdom. I am trying to figure out how legit this should be taken and if it is common to be view with skepticism, taken as a real possibility, or welcomed as a true Scion of the gods (unlikely if all elves are children of Aldellion).

Psalm nods as Jun introduces himself. He looks about sheepishly when Jun explains that he does not speak for the others, I don't speak for the others I thought I was being polite. Whatever.

When Hack introduces himself Psalm smiles, "I am from Ravenroost set on the eastern edges of the Grumorjak mountains. Men of the highlands have often been allies to us."

Psalm seems at first charmed by Luna happy to note a fellow follower of Aldellion among them. He chuckles to himself as she lists through her names. Elves view names as status in history . . . we see names more personal as gnomes don't we. He sours at her derisive tone but answers her back in a playful manner. "Well met Bellaluna Liaqirelle, daughter of Amra, daughter of Malgath, daughter of Denoniel, daughter of the great Aldellion herself." He puts a hand to his chest and bows slightly. "I am Sprout Whymsle Bluetongue Psalm Nackle of Ravenroost. The gnomes of Ravenroost have lived ever in the west of Elfhome. I speak blessings to you in the name of your great, great, great grandmother."

Psalm thinks finger curling through the spiky bit of beard from his chin, "We too encountered the creature. Those who were awake noted a plump worm with tendrils around is 'face.' We found a piece of one of the tendrils we think here." He brings forth the jar with the tendril for consideration. "Also a bit of something like mucus." He points to Gomdebo. "Most notably we have found that the creature severely damages the brains of its victims." He unwraps the shriveled goat brain. "This is from a fresh kill and should not be so deformed." He sighs further running on with his thoughts, "We had hoped to determine if the creature was some how feeding directly perhaps through the tendrils but we found no wounds in the creatures ears or nose where the tendrils would gain egress to the brain."


GG Forest Gnome Boddynuck Male Wizard Folk Hero | Hp 18/18 | AC 12 | S -1/D+2/ C+3//I+7/W+3/C+1 | Passive Per 11 | Per +1 | Insight +1| Acro +2 Spells DC 15 save, [3/3 L2]

Boddy nods at all the elves

"Yes, sharing knowledge is always best. Are any of you particularly trained in knowledge of weird exotic beasts?"

Although he tries to hide it, it is probably clear that he noticed and is unhappy with Luna's condescending manner.

Sovereign Court

HP 11/14| Init +2; Per +9| AC 21, T 14, FF 19 | Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +9

Having picked up on his friends hidden disdain for the pompous elf, Vralk decides to get a little revenge of his own.

He flies overhead and just happens to accidentally drop a nut that he was eating so that it bounces off Luna's head.

"Caw. Caw" he says in a faux apologetic tone


Female Human Warlock 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 | Saving Throws - Str (+0), Dex (+6), Con (+2), Int (+1), Wis (+3), Cha (+6) | Passive Perc - 11 | Init +4 | Spell Slots - 2/2 | Inspiration

"Nikeisha's the name, and afraid not as far as strange beasts go." the Warlock added to the conversation as she considered what the new group had told them. "Fresh is better. So, no damage to the ears or nose? Huh, odd. What about the mouth? Soft tissue of the mouth, back of the throat, might not be so easy to see a wound there. And a tendril down the throat would silence those who wake up."

Thinking a little longer, she added, "What we saw could cast magic, used a Sleep spell. Sad for wormy that our Night Watch had Elf blood." She nodded to her Elven and Half-Elven compatriots. "What if it ain't feeding on the brains themselves, but the energy in them? Sucking the magic out, as it were?" Nikeisha shrugged. If the answer was neither of those, then she hadn't a clue.


LN Half-Elf Bard 2 | Passive Perception: 13 | Passive Insight: 13 | Max HP: 18 | AC: 13 | Saves: Str: -1; Dex: +3; Con: +1; Int: +2; Wis: +1; Cha: +6 | Init: +1 | Spell DC: 14 Current HP: -0 | Spell Slots: 3 | Inspiration: [] | Conditions: None

"I lack training in the knowledge of exotic beasts as well. We had discussed amongst our group and I do not believe that any of us have such training, but it is possible that I am speaking out of turn."


Female High Elf NG Monk 2 Character Sheet | HP: 20/20 (2d8 + 3) | Defense: AC: 17 (10 + Dex(+ 4) + Wis(+ 3)) Saving Throws: Str. + 4, Dex. + 6 | Advantage vrs Charms, No magical sleep | Perception + 5, Passive + 15, DV 60 ft | Init. + 4, Spd 40 ft. Offense: Unarmed Strike + 6, 1d4 + 4 Ranged: + 6, 1d6 + 4, 80 ft./ 320 ft. | Ki points: 2/2 Luna's Heritage

So, I went back reading a good portion of the game tab here and so I realize that my character does not technically know what I am about to point out here, but it seems so obvious yo me and yet no one else seems to have caught on to this. From what I read did your group not find mucus in the ear of the dead creature? AND wasn't the tendril that you found near or on the ear? That would seem to me to indicate most likely that the tendril goes in through the ear to suck out the brain possibly. ... Just sayin'.

As the bird drops the nut on Luna's head, "Oww! ... Hey watch out bird! I'm a fairly decent shot with my bow!"

Turning back to the conversation at hand, "I have no training either in regards to beasts of any kind. It would be good if we could try to capture one of these worm-beasts, but I would also like a chance to find out exactly how it attacks its victims after putting them to sleep. Does it go in through the nostrils, the mouth, the ear? If we knew that much at least we could then come up with ways for both the people and the livestock to be protected possibly."

"Also, seeing as those with elven blood cannot be put to sleep by these worm-beasts, it would only make sense to have at least one of elven blood on each watch when we camp for the night."

And if one of the guards/sheperds is still around, I will then approach them. "Do you know if there are any of elven heritage that live in this area?"


Female High Elf NG Monk 2 Character Sheet | HP: 20/20 (2d8 + 3) | Defense: AC: 17 (10 + Dex(+ 4) + Wis(+ 3)) Saving Throws: Str. + 4, Dex. + 6 | Advantage vrs Charms, No magical sleep | Perception + 5, Passive + 15, DV 60 ft | Init. + 4, Spd 40 ft. Offense: Unarmed Strike + 6, 1d4 + 4 Ranged: + 6, 1d6 + 4, 80 ft./ 320 ft. | Ki points: 2/2 Luna's Heritage
Psalm Nackle wrote:
... I of course must ask the DM how legit does Psalm find the idea that an elf let alone this elf is the actual daughter of Aldellion.

I just want to make clear here: Luna does not claim to be a direct daughter of Aldellion. When she says "I am Bellaluna Liaqirelle, daughter of Amra, daughter of Malgath, daughter of Denoniel, daughter of the great Aldellion herself." She is saying Luna is the daughter of Amra, Amra is the daughter of Malgath, Malgath is the daughter of Denoniel, and Denoniel is the daughter of Aldellion. That is a common way of listing one's heritage.

Psalm Nackle wrote:
... I see Luna's copy of the scroll mentions that is a scroll given to elves who travel outside the kingdom. I am trying to figure out how legit this should be taken and if it is common to be view with skepticism, taken as a real possibility, or welcomed as a true Scion of the gods (unlikely if all elves are children of Aldellion).

Good question about the legitimacy of the scroll. I have no idea since I made up that part. Since this is a world being built by Mended it would be up to him to say if he agrees with that being a thing the elves would actually do or not and how accepted it would be by others. *** As to the Scion of the gods, I do NOT claim that by any means. as you see in the previous section I (like all elves should from what I have read) just claim to be a descendant of Aldellion, but I claim no special powers or gifts from Aldellion.

Psalm Nackle wrote:
... "Well met Bellaluna Liaqirelle, daughter of Amra, daughter of Malgath, daughter of Denoniel, daughter of the great Aldellion herself." He puts a hand to his chest and bows slightly. "I am Sprout Whymsle Bluetongue Psalm Nackle of Ravenroost. The gnomes of Ravenroost have lived ever in the west of Elfhome. I speak blessings to you in the name of your great, great, great grandmother."

Luna grins & tips her head to Psalm. "Well met. I take it that you put a value to names as well. But if I have to call you by your full name everytime we go into battle, I am afraid the battle may be over before I remember it all! I think I shall call you Sprout to keep it simple."


Male Human Barbarian (Outlander)(CN)/2, HP 25/25: , AC: 16 , Saves: STR +6 CON +6, Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 14: Rage Remaining 1/2

I don't much caring for how it kills, I think we need to find a way to kill it, no? We need bait to set a trap so we can bring it down.


Male Forest Gnome NG Hermit Druid of the Mountain Circle 2 AC 15 HP 17 Passive Perception 15 Init +2 Proficency Bonus +2 Spell Attack Modifier +5 Spell DC 13 Inspiration 1
Bellaluna 'Luna' Liaqirelle wrote:
So, I went back reading a good portion of the game tab here and so I realize that my character does not technically know what I am about to point out here, but it seems so obvious yo me and yet no one else seems to have caught on to this. From what I read did your group not find mucus in the ear of the dead creature? AND wasn't the tendril that you found near or on the ear? That would seem to me to indicate most likely that the tendril goes in through the ear to suck out the brain possibly. ... Just sayin'.

Good catch. We found no wound in the ear when we looked for it or in the nasal areas. I was definitely thinking sucked through the ears but when I looked for a tendril sized hole in the ear there wasn't one. As for the location on the mucus you are probably right. Sorry if I misspoke.

"Psalm smiles. Psalm will do. I have not been Sprout since birth. Grown past it. Despite its charm and the warm memories. Psalm is a gnome of thought and contemplation give to song. Something you may find welcome . . .er not." He chuckles. "I've no complaints from my companions yet."

"I tend to agree with Hack. These people have lived here long with no such malady. This seems to be a new comer and not a natural one from what I can tell. There was no mark on the brain it appears drained but there are no wounds. I think this is some sort of aberration or something drive up from deep underground."


Female High Elf NG Monk 2 Character Sheet | HP: 20/20 (2d8 + 3) | Defense: AC: 17 (10 + Dex(+ 4) + Wis(+ 3)) Saving Throws: Str. + 4, Dex. + 6 | Advantage vrs Charms, No magical sleep | Perception + 5, Passive + 15, DV 60 ft | Init. + 4, Spd 40 ft. Offense: Unarmed Strike + 6, 1d4 + 4 Ranged: + 6, 1d6 + 4, 80 ft./ 320 ft. | Ki points: 2/2 Luna's Heritage
Shenkt "Hack" Corchran wrote:
I don't much caring for how it kills, I think we need to find a way to kill it, no? We need bait to set a trap so we can bring it down.

Judging by the number of sinkholes and such, I suspect it is not just one worm. That is why I want to learn about protection.


Male Human Barbarian (Outlander)(CN)/2, HP 25/25: , AC: 16 , Saves: STR +6 CON +6, Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 14: Rage Remaining 1/2

No need to argue, but the investigation has probably told us everything it can about how it kills untill we get a look at a fresh body. Let's just kill as many as we have to, or find the source to attack its lair.

The Exchange

(Male Half-Elf Paladin of Amren) HP (26/26) AC (17) DS (5/5) LoH (10/10) Lvl 1 (2/2) Hit (+5) Dmg (1d8+5) (Background: Former Criminal] Insight, Perception (+4) Religion, Investigation, Stealth (+5) Persuasion (+6)

”We would make good bait, no? Luna and I can take turns pretending to sleep. It will come and try to put one of you all to sleep who obviously stands watch. And when it comes closer, expecting unconscious prey, we attack. We could even set up traps around us that it would hopefully fall into after it burrows it’s way to the surface. Though I admit in having no skill in trap setting.”


Male Forest Gnome NG Hermit Druid of the Mountain Circle 2 AC 15 HP 17 Passive Perception 15 Init +2 Proficency Bonus +2 Spell Attack Modifier +5 Spell DC 13 Inspiration 1

In animal conversations is it one new friend or many friends that are seen in the area.


Battle Grid

Just wanted to say I love all the narrative interactions. Excellent work on getting to know each other. It seems the only thing I have to comment on is Luna's scroll of ascendancy. Yes, the elves count themselves as direct children of Aldellion. This far removed from their actual creation, that kinship is taken on faith, as with any other religion. Though, here in Eafphqu, Denoniel, first daughter of Aldellion does still live, albeit in a seclusive private sanctuary that very few know about, and even fewer enter. Also, yes, for those daughters of Aldellion, the royal scroll of ascendancy is a standard document carried when the elves leave their homeland. This is done so that, should the daughter die, those who find her will both understand the magnitude of the death, and also work as hard as necessary to get the knowledge of her death back to the Elven royals.

When Luna asks the shepherds about elf-kin in the province, they look at each other, and mumble to each other for a moment, and then one speaks, up. "Ithrelas, the priestess at the temple of Light, and Galador, owner of Galador's Goods, they're the only elf-kin we know of, and they're both back in town." That the provinces rural communities are peopled by humans is most regular throughout the Republic. Elf-kin tend to be much more cosmopolitan in their leanings, and therefore crave as much "city" as even the small towns provide, above living the austere life of shepherds and ranchers. Or at least that is true in the lands outside of Alderanyë. Before taking their leave, Ryne's remaining two shepherds offer this bit of advice. "If you all want to set up camp and try and bait these worm things, yer talkin' about. You'd best do it amidst, like right in the middle of, one of the flocks. Out here we've never had anything but pleasant dreams at our watch camps."

Great ideas for acting as bait. Please do discuss in-character how you'd like to set up watches in the night, and how/where you'd like to set any traps. If I think something requires a roll, I'll call it out. Keep up the great work everybody. Seems like new life has brought new vigor! :)


Battle Grid

Psalm, it is more than one, but when animals look very similar, and don't ever tend to appear more than one at a time, it is very difficult for other animals to associate any kind of solid number with how many there might be. So, "more than one," is the best answer you'd have gotten in talking with local wildlife.


Male Forest Gnome NG Hermit Druid of the Mountain Circle 2 AC 15 HP 17 Passive Perception 15 Init +2 Proficency Bonus +2 Spell Attack Modifier +5 Spell DC 13 Inspiration 1

Psalm raises and eyebrow when the shepherd mentions peasant dreams at the watch-camps. I wonder if that is natural or not.

"Bait. Well if both our groups separately have found themselves target it is safe to think that we are sufficient bait."

Psalm turns to regard the other group, "You had opportunity to examine the dead children. Did you learn anything. I would prefer not exhume bodies poor family has seen enough grief."


LN Half-Elf Bard 2 | Passive Perception: 13 | Passive Insight: 13 | Max HP: 18 | AC: 13 | Saves: Str: -1; Dex: +3; Con: +1; Int: +2; Wis: +1; Cha: +6 | Init: +1 | Spell DC: 14 Current HP: -0 | Spell Slots: 3 | Inspiration: [] | Conditions: None

"During the multiple ceremonies, I was comforting the parents while the others performed rites on the bodies. I do not wish to speak for the others but from what I remember of what they told me, there were no marks on the bodies. During the evening last night, we were attacked by one of the creatures and I feared that they bodies of the children had lain as host to the worm-like creature that seems likely to be the cause of this, but their coffins were intact when I checked."


"Ach, grisly work this...to think of worms bursting from the young ones...! But no, it does nothing to give into despair. Information and experience...that's all its going to take to rid the Haven of this menace." she adds "I've done some trapwork in the old tunnels but I dunnae have any gear...maybe we could use a drawn farm wagon to give us some distance from the ground, like a mobile fort...assuming one o' those gents would lend us an oxen."

301 to 350 of 1,442 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Eafphqu: Team "good" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.