Okay, so after mulling over ZenN's advice, here is my updated build:
STR 12, DEX 16, CON 17, INT 14, WIS 12, CHA 20
Traits: Lessons of Chaldira, Fate's Favored, Outlander (Exile)
(I dropped Armor Expert, and put everything I wanted at level 1 to avoid the need for Additional Traits. Considering Extremely Fashionable, but I like what I have here already)
1: Noble Scion (War), Summon Good Monster
- I ended up keeping these the same as before. Noble Scion takes a few levels to turn on, but it ends up adding around +8 Init by level 10, thanks to +6 Cha headband and circlet of persuasion.
- I really like Summon Good Monster even from low levels. I suspect Die Hard will make a big difference at level 1, and the added summons at level 3 seem quite useful (such as Faun, Pixie, and Pseudodragon). Foo Lions seem pretty awesome too. I found this guide quite helpful:
- The only dilemma I have is whether to take Skill Focus instead, to eventually get Eldritch Heritage. However, that is a long time to wait, and we probably will never reach that level.
2: Augment Summons
3: Superior Summons
- Not much of a choice here. Summoning 1d3+1 lower level summons during the first round of combat will probably by standard tactic from here on.
5: Craft Wand
- I was originally planning to unsummon my eidolon before combat, but on ZenN's advice I will try keeping it around to use wands. This helps curb the temptation to spam summons. Primary tactic will be to cast Haste at the start of every fight. This allows me to craft a wand of Haste for 3,000GP. I can also craft wands of CLW for 375GP with the help of any divine caster. If I can find a high level Paladin NPC, maybe I can hire them to help me craft a wand of Bestow Grace for 3,000GP...
- Still leaning toward Vanilla Bard, but considering Skald or Evangelist Cleric
9: Craft Rod
- I might want to retrain craft wand at this point. This allows me to get some Extend Rods, but the main draw is to make a Lesser Quicken Rod for 17,500GP so I can afford it a level or two earlier. I noticed that Summoners take a full round to use metamagic just like Sorcerers, so I may not want any others... But the other casters in my group will likely want their own rods.
11: Versatile Summon Monster (Arial, Clthonic)
- Maybe a bit late to finally get this... (this would be my second level 9 feat if I retrained). I foresee more use for burrowing than swimming, but I could be wrong.
13: Improved Initiative
15, 17, 19: I am actually not sure what to take here... Expanded Arcana could be good... This is when I would start taking Eldrich Heritage feats. Again, hard to imagine I will ever reach this level anyway.
This time I am explicitly including the expected wealth by level gain at each level as my budget.
1 (70GP), 2 (930GP): Pretty much unchanged. I would probably skip the masterwork longspear after dropping my strength down to 12, since I will not likely attack with it anyway. I would maybe grab some more expendable stuff like tanglefoot bags and alchemists fire... I might get some jewelry for talking to nobles too. Also, a Cold Iron Kunai seems like a nice pickup (2 lbs crowbar/piton/dagger)
3 (2,000GP): Muleback Chords onto Cloak of Resistance +1 (1250GP), Traveler's Any Tool (125GP), Goblet of Quenching (90GP), Sleeves of Many Garments (100GP), Robe of infinite twine (500GP)
- Definitely need the Muleback Chords ASAP with only 12 STR. Pretty sure GM will allow combining items while crafting for +50% on the cheaper item (hard to do without a Cloak of Resistance). Robe of infinite twine seems fun and flavorful, but it could easily be a Quickrunners Shirt or cracked ioun stone (+1 Init)
4 (3,000GP): Headband of Cha +2 (2,000GP), Stager-Proof Boots (1,000GP)
- The boots seem just better than the quickrunners shirt, for only marginally higher cost. (can use both though)
5 (4,500GP): Quarterstaff of Entwined Spirits (2,850GP), Eyes of the Eagle (1,250GP), Wand of Prot Evil (375GP)
- The Entwined Spirits seems awesome. Our arcanist will take Craft Arms and Armor, so it brings the price down. I will ask the GM if it can be made into a longspear instead of a quarterstaff, but that may be asking too much... Eyes of the eagle for the eidolon while scouting.
6 (5,500GP): Wand of Haste (3,000gp), Cloak of Resistance +2 (+1,500GP), Treasure Hunter's Goggles (3200GP/4=800GP), Wand of CLW /4 (375GP/4)
- I was going to try to convince the party to split the cost of the Treasure Hunter's Googles (anyone with an open eye's slot can wear it). Seems like a useful item to have that benefits all of us. I am also just trying to budget for inevitable cure wands.
7 (7,500GP): Greater Hat of Disguise (6,000GP), Mithral Chain Shirt +1 (1600-50GP)
- Magic Armor resizes automatically, so I can now turn into a Charau-Ka to gain +2 Dex, small size (with 30ft movement), Scent, Low Light Vision, and Darkvision. This also has enormous RP utility. Sasquach or Sewer Troll are both useful combat forms if I actually want to try to hit things.
8: (9,500GP): Circlet of Persuasion onto Greater Hat of Disguise (3,375GP), Wand of Silent Image (375GP), Wand of CLW/2 (375GP/2), Bard: Dervish Sikke (5,000GP), Cloak of Resistance (500GP)
- Finally the main payoff for Noble Scion... Dervish Sikke seems awesome for my cohort.
9: (13,000GP) Stone of Good Luck (10,000GP), Rod of Lesser Extend Spell (1,500GP), Mithral Chain Shirt +2 (+1,500GP)
- Finally the payoff for Fate's Favored. Four Leaf Clover and/or Lucky Horseshoe could be taken at an earlier level, but I already have enough other things that it does not hurt to wait.
10 (16,000GP): Headband of Cha +6 (16,000GP)
- Costs a lot, but it gives me another bonus level 4 spell at this level (28 Cha)
11 (20,000GP): Metamagic Rod of Quicken, Lesser (17,500GP), Cloak of Resistance +3 (2,500GP)
12: (26,000GP): Cloak of Resistance +4 (6,000GP), Headband of Cha+6, Int+2 (3,000GP), Belt of Physical Might DEX+2, CON+2 (5,000GP),
Bard: Banner of the Ancient Kings (9,000GP), Fortifying Stone (500GP)
- I think the fortifying stone on the banner seems like an important precaution. I will also ask the arcanist to cast hardening.
13 (32,000): Minor Ring of Inner Fortitude (18,000GP), Wand of Alter Summon Monster (3,000GP), Goz Mask into Greatter Hat of Disguise/Circlet of Persuasion (6,000GP)
- Starting to run out of critical things to purchase... Also probably reaching the end of the game
14 (45,000GP): Metamagic Rod of Quicken (37,500GP)
- Pretty much god mode at this point. I have never played at this level, but quickened spells seems like the thing to do.
15 (55,000GP): Ring of Freedom of Movement (40,000GP)
- Not sure if anyone will get Forge Ring... maybe I should get it?
16-19: No idea at this point. Definitely spending 125,000GP on wishes to buff CHA +5, and probably again to buff CON.
1: 0-Detect Magic, Light, Daze, Mage Hand, 1-Grease, Rejuvinate Eidolon
2: 0-Read Magic, 1-Summon Minor Monster
3: 0-Mending, 1-Feather Fall
4: 2-Haste, Glitterdust
5: 1-Summon Minor Monster -> Shield, 2-See Invisibility
7: 1-Unfetter, 3-Black Tentacles, Dimension Door
8: 0-Daze->Guidance, 3-Dispel Magic
9: 3-Communal Resist Energy
10: 2-Barkskin, 4-Wall of Stone, Overland Flight
11: 1-Protection from Evil, 3-X-->Y, 4-Baleful Polymorph
13: 3-Clay Skin, 5-Greater Dispel, Simulacrum
14: 2-Ablative Barrier, 4-X-->Y, 5-Hungry Pit
15: 5-Spell Turning
16: 4-Purified Calling, 6-Dominate Monster, Maze
17: 3-Dispacement, 5-X-->Y, 6-Discern Location
18: 6-Create Demiplane
19: 5-True Seeing
20: 4-Communal Stoneskin, 5-Greater Teleport-->Plane Shift, 6-Teleportation Circle
Did I get all the important ones? As advised, taking oveland flight at level 10, and trading Aspect for Shadow Blur.
I still want to try out the skunks for a little while at level 2-5...
Many people seem to favor FCB to skills instead of HP, so I may try that too...
- Max out Perception, Diplomacy, Bluff, and Spellcraft
- 1 point in Fly at level 10
- I only need around 6 ranks in UMD by level 6 to use wands without fail (circlet of persuasion helps here too). With all the other increases to CHA (and luckstone), I will soon be able to cast from scrolls for free too.
- Headband of INT at lvl 12 maybe attuned to Stealth
- Probably max out Linguistics, cause it seems fun to speak every language.
Knowledges (Religion, Nature, Planes, Arcane, Local, Nobility):
- I will probably stick to one each to start, then max out planes eventually.
Eidolon is mostly the same as before, just making sure to take Skill Focus (UMD) at level 6, to reach +18 ASAP.