My group completed this adventure and now one of them wants to run it for another group. I'll be participating and while not metagaming too much I'm allowed to use the same piece of knowledge I gave them before they built characters.
Charisma matters, a lot. You can also become undead eventually.
With that in mind and the somewhat unique build rules (+2 skills/level, 25 point buy, bonus trait) I saw a chance to play an otherwise underwhelming character in a swashbuckler.
We also have one special home rule, +3,+4,+5 weapons don't bypass anything You need holy/unholy/spell buffs/metals to bypass DR.
-City-Raised: Half-orcs with this trait know little of their orc ancestry and were raised among humans and other half-orcs in a large city. City-raised half-orcs are proficient with whips and longswords, and receive a +2 racial bonus on Knowledge (local) checks. This racial trait replaces weapon familiarity.
-Sacred Tattoo: Many half-orcs decorate themselves with tattoos, piercings, and ritual scarification, which they consider sacred markings. Half-orcs with this racial trait gain a +1 luck bonus on all saving throws. This racial trait replaces orc ferocity.
-Skilled: Second- and third-generation half-orcs often favor their human heritage more than their orc heritage. Half-orcs with this trait gain 1 additional skill rank per level. This racial trait replaces darkvision.
Intimidating: Half-orcs receive a +2 racial bonus on Intimidate checks due to their fearsome nature.
9 Skill/Level :The swashbuckler's class skills are
Bluff (Cha), Diplomacy (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Intimidate (Cha),Perception (Wis),
Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Knowledge (local) (Int), Stealth (Dex)
+1 Will save Campg trait (High Treason),
Highlander (Hills or Mountains) You gain a +1 trait bonus on Stealth checks, and Stealth is always a class skill for you. This trait bonus increases to +2 in hilly or rocky areas.
1 Drawback: Paranoid
Feats It costs 5 feats to be a vampire. I will retrain several feats to it when we get there.
1B) Weapon finesse
1B) WF Rapier
1) Fencing Grace
3) Combat reflexes -> Vamp Feat
4) WS Rapier
5B) IC Rapier
5) Iron Will -> Vampire Feat
7) Vile leadership
8B) GWS Rapier
9) Lunge-> Vamp Feat
11) Improved Iron Will -> Vampire feat
12B) GWF Rapier
13) Vampire feat
15) Iron Will
My problems with the character are as follows
1) The best possible +1 weapon enchantment is also terrible later on because answering is like a jump forward but later on is straight up bad. What weapon enchants would you use? I'll 100% be using fortuitous because it's great but I like unholy due to home rules and bane humanoid is a pretty good investment if you go for answering.
2) This character at level 15+ feels like a joke a best due to know magic. Any remedy?
3) I don't really WANT to play a half orc I want a dex/cha -con or -str race but all the races I looked at with those mods don't have a way to improve your will save.
Any advice on these issues would be appreciated. Especially the weapon since it's not unusual to get+7-10 weapons in this game since it goes to 20.