[OutPost VI] SFS 3-02: The Subterranean Safari - GM Blazej (Inactive)

Game Master Zynete


101 to 150 of 290 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Prank War Map

Damage to Schuka: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8

Shuka gets up with some minor battering as a grip breaks off the pile and forces a few more attempts up the mountain.

Osuro inpsects the weapon and identifies it as a vivifier flare rifle that uses flares for ammunition, consuming it in a flash of directed heat and light. There is some denting, but otherwise functional.

Inspecting the remnants of the door, you all notice parts of it that were once painted bright colors prior it to being shattered. Darkrunner and Osuro are able to determine that it was battered open by a sudden external force well over a century ago.

Brigadier Teshgari shakes her head, looking over the area and past the years of grime burying the writing on the wall. "Plenty of other hunters seek glory in Gadraveech. Not all succeed. I don't know which of the lost might have headed to these paths of the tunnels. They may have found another entrance somewhere else."

She shakes her head toward Skip as she declares, "if there was any record of this structure, I was not aware of it. The maps of the tunnels did not include any hint of it. It isn't much interest to me though beyond it now serving as a strovian nest. Feel free to figure that out as long as it doesn't get in the way of the hunt."

GM Screen:

1d20 ⇒ 6
1d20 ⇒ 12
1d20 ⇒ 14
1d20 ⇒ 18

Darkrunner is able to tell from the passage of blood isn't a singular blood trail, but is actually multiple trails of smeared blood from bodies that were dragged toward the northern passage.

The entryway for the moment is secure for now. You still hear the sounds of skittering, chittering life echoing through the vents.

There are three passages that lead deeper into the structure. The passage with the trails of blood to the north, halls to the east that lead to a desk with a computer console, and a long hall to the south.

Is there anything you wish to study or prepare in the entry way?

What do you want to do? Where do you wish to go?

Dataphiles

Male android outlaw operative 7 | SP 49 HP 46 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | F+5 R+9 W+6 | Init: +11 | Darkvision; Perc: +14, SM: +12 | Speed 40ft | Holographic Clone: 1/1 | Laser Pistol Charges: 4/20 | Active conditions: none

There are multiple trails of blood here... not just one. Darkrunner plainly states.

He notes that the Eastern passage soon ends at a computer console.

Darn. It would have been convenient if that passage circled back somehow with the Northern passage. Strictly following our prey through a singular passage is not ideal.

It would take but a moment to see what relevant information there is to be had on this computer console.

At this point he's no longer laboring under the injuries of his climb, but they are still visibly apparent as scuff marks on his light armor.

Approaching the console, he sets his small-arm to the side of the desk and sits at the terminal...

Computers to access: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18

Acquisitives

Stellifera| Operative -4- Guard | SP=28, HP=26| EAC=17, KAC=18| F=1, R=8, W=5 Perception +11 (Darkvision 60) | Initiative=6

Schuka does not like sounds from the vents but has no options to check it generally. Or has she?
Stelifera asks for assistance lifting up or sending some drone into the vents to investigate.

Exo-Guardians

Female Human Dance Machine 5 | SP 22/40 HP 39/39 | RP 5/5 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +4; Will +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Starship combat | ♫

Momo makes sure to guard Darkrunner as he accessed the console, looking around to see if she spots anything. Do you see any movement... she whispers ... there might be creatures close-by...

Reflexively, she tightens her grip on the hilt of her sword...


Prank War Map

Moving through toward the adjacent room Darkrunner finds the computer station is filled with damaged monitors, electronics, and an array of rotten stuffed animals and plastic toys.

A swivel stool stands in the middle of the chaos.

The console doesn't respond to Darkrunner's command, checking the equipment it is clear that it is heavily damaged. There are bloody bullet holes that have done damage to the system that will need some skill to repair. There is also no power to these components as well. To get the system up and running both the damage would need to be repaired and power restored.

This room has more hallways and doors in all directions. The door to the north-west has a sturdy blast door handle. Movement echoes from around the party, but no sign of life erupts forth yet.

Brigadier Teshgari holds her sidearm ready as the group check equipment and the area. Mimzy and Jomp are a bit rattled and keep near the vesk, their backs at the wall.

Schuka is able to get her drone into the ventilation and the sounds of skittering echo even louder within.

Dataphiles

Male android outlaw operative 7 | SP 49 HP 46 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | F+5 R+9 W+6 | Init: +11 | Darkvision; Perc: +14, SM: +12 | Speed 40ft | Holographic Clone: 1/1 | Laser Pistol Charges: 4/20 | Active conditions: none

Darkrunner frowns at the unresponsive console.

It's damaged, but I suspect there's still something in there.

He begins looking around the room at the parts available to him...

Engineering to repair console: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34

If that's successful, an other roll to restore power?

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Human | S 35/35 | H 34/34 | R 6/6 | EAC 16 (17) | KAC 17 (18) | F+2 R+8 W+4 | Init+6 | Perc+10 (Lowlight/Darkvision) | SM +10 Icon (Actor) Operative (Spy) 5 | 40'

"Tell me this doesn't look like a room for the baddie to chase us out different paths, to split us up and make us easier prey. Not a spot to wait, really . . .."


Prank War Map

Darkrunner is able to repair the damage to the cabling on the computer system but it isn't enough to restore the power to the system. He is able to follow the systems and confirm everything is properly connected. Checking systems there is no power flowing to the area. Reactivating that would require the power grid which is elsewhere in the facility.

Wayfinders

Human Male Witchwarper 2 Operative Explorer 1| SP 16/16 : HP 20/20 : RP 4/4 | EAC 14 : KAC 15| F+0 : R+7 : W+3 | INIT+2 | LVL 1 Slots : 3/3 | Laser Pistol 20/20
Skills:
Acro +7 : Ath+5 : Bluff +9 : Comp +6 : Cult +19 : Dip +10 : Disg +4 : Intim +12 : Med +2 : Myst+8 : Perc +6 : Pilot +9 : SM +6 : Ste +7 ; Sur +7

Skip trails along the group, Taking in his surroundings. He's still keenly interested in the structure. He approaches the words written on the wall and tries to investigate. He removes his khaki coloured safari scarf and uses one end to attempt to wipe off the grime.

Here's a stretch, Could Skip use the Witchwarper's Infinite World's ability to see through the dirt? He can make difficult terrain, could kind of undo the damage here? Just trying to gain some insight to what's going on here.


Prank War Map

Cleaning off decades of grime off reveals whimsical, bright, and large calligraphy that spells out something in Vesk. Mimzy is happy to take a moment to confirm, "that says 'Welcome!' and looks pretty nice once is cleaned up." She offers Skip a bottle of water and a reminder to keep hydrated, especially with all the physical exertion.

I would be open to using infinite worlds like that in some situations, depending on what you are looking for. In this case, with you clearing the grime, there isn't information obscured by the damage in the entryway.

Dataphiles

Male android outlaw operative 7 | SP 49 HP 46 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | F+5 R+9 W+6 | Init: +11 | Darkvision; Perc: +14, SM: +12 | Speed 40ft | Holographic Clone: 1/1 | Laser Pistol Charges: 4/20 | Active conditions: none

The console is better, but unfortunately the power grid is elsewhere.

The android picks his small arm up off of the computer desk and looks ready to follow the passages again.

Should we follow the blood trail or try some other passages first?

Acquisitives

Stellifera| Operative -4- Guard | SP=28, HP=26| EAC=17, KAC=18| F=1, R=8, W=5 Perception +11 (Darkvision 60) | Initiative=6

Schuka remais calm in her tank. Hearing that blood was mentioned she surely agree to follow the trail is circling moves in the water !

Wayfinders

Human Male Witchwarper 2 Operative Explorer 1| SP 16/16 : HP 20/20 : RP 4/4 | EAC 14 : KAC 15| F+0 : R+7 : W+3 | INIT+2 | LVL 1 Slots : 3/3 | Laser Pistol 20/20
Skills:
Acro +7 : Ath+5 : Bluff +9 : Comp +6 : Cult +19 : Dip +10 : Disg +4 : Intim +12 : Med +2 : Myst+8 : Perc +6 : Pilot +9 : SM +6 : Ste +7 ; Sur +7

Skip accepts the water and the translation graciously. "Of course, thank you Mimzy. As to the translation, It doesn't fill me with the warm welcome that it may have once intended."

He glances down at his now dirty scarf. "Well, my poor scarf is ruined. Shame, I purchased it from a merchant ship in the vast, he claimed it was a rare fabric from a distant planet called Wistinte-4, lightweight, moisture wicking, fireproof. Price, 45 credits." He discards the item in the hallway.

If there's nothing to learn from the writing on the walls Skip will move on and join the group. Was just searching for a fun way to use infinite worlds - which I have never used. but I suspect there may be be a use for it here, in the right circumstance

"Yes, onward then. What could go wrong investigating this trail of blood"


Prank War Map

Mimzy looks at the writing a with a bit of concern as they offer, "well that isn't good. They put a lot of detail into it and they wouldn't want you to feel unwelcome."

Looking at the discarded scarf Jomp looks a bit confused as he asks, "do you want me to toss that in the laundry for you?"

A curt grunt from Brigadier Teshgari calls them to her side as you all move forward following the bloodstained hallway into long room that is made to feel far more cramped given desiccated corpses hang from the ceiling of this vile larder in long, irregular rows. The bodies are combination of vesk, pahtra, and numerous subterranean animals. The maze of swaying bodies obscures the chamber's deeper recesses.

The sound of whelps echo from the area as they scramble along the corpses. Upon your entry they shriek at you and flee down corridors and into vents.

Brigadier Teshgari bares her teeth as she strengthens her combat posture. She calls for one cannons from Jomp who frantically provides it as he and Mimzy look about the room horrified by the sight. Jomp holds his polishing cloth close and Mimzy covers her pack with all six arms in an effort to protect the contents. She shudders as she slowly follows into the room.

Perception:
Skip Intro: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Darkrunner-42: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Schuka: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Momo Strawberry: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Osuro: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Brigadier Teshgari: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Creatures: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (14) + 23 = 37
Creatures: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (6) + 23 = 29

The room isn't just host to whelps though. As you move into the room the air shifts as the camouflage of a creature vanishes revealing a creature that is almost six feet tall walking on four limbs and wielding a spear in the other four. It is immediately striking at Osuro as it ambushes the party, another moves deeper into the room as is moves along the walls and presents both teeth and feeding tendril. Your information makes it clear that these are stridermanders.

Initiative:
Skip Intro: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Darkrunner-42: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Schuka: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Momo Strawberry: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Osuro: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Brigadier Teshgari: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Creatures: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Attack vs flat-footed Schuka
Obsidian Spear vs KAC: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Piercing Damage (archaic): 1d6 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (2) + 7 - 5 = 4

The attack is barely able to schuka, catching her while she is flat-footed. The obsidian isn't well suited for tearing through armor though at the advanced materials deflect most of the archaic weapon.
4 damage to Schuka

Round 1
Schuka (4 damage)
Osuro
Skip Intro
Darkrunner-42
Brigadier Teshgari
Stridermanders
Momo Strawberry

Schuka, Osuro, Skip, and Darkrunner can act.

Wayfinders

Human Male Witchwarper 2 Operative Explorer 1| SP 16/16 : HP 20/20 : RP 4/4 | EAC 14 : KAC 15| F+0 : R+7 : W+3 | INIT+2 | LVL 1 Slots : 3/3 | Laser Pistol 20/20
Skills:
Acro +7 : Ath+5 : Bluff +9 : Comp +6 : Cult +19 : Dip +10 : Disg +4 : Intim +12 : Med +2 : Myst+8 : Perc +6 : Pilot +9 : SM +6 : Ste +7 ; Sur +7

Round 1 - Move Action
Skip raises his pistol focuses his attention on it for a moment. The slight glow of the weapons power system seems to flicker and grow as a blue hue begins to pulse from the small pistol.

Magic Assassin - Imbue small arm, treating it as a magic weapon for the purposes of bypassing damage reduction and adding the electric damage subtype to additional damage dice

Standard Action
"I'll see if I can find the light switch!" Skip calls out, hoping the bright lights will daze their prey. As he waves his hand around the wall, four bright lights bathe the room in bright white light.

Casting 0 level spell Dancing Lights on the subterranean creatures. This was my chance to drop the other infinite worlds spell, but in this small room it would be like dropping a flashbang on us all. I'll start with this and see if it has any effect on them. I would place one light above each of the creatures, one over Skip, and one over Schuka

Wayfinders

F Human | S 35/35 | H 34/34 | R 6/6 | EAC 16 (17) | KAC 17 (18) | F+2 R+8 W+4 | Init+6 | Perc+10 (Lowlight/Darkvision) | SM +10 Icon (Actor) Operative (Spy) 5 | 40'

"How are these for size?" Osuro asks the brigadier in Vesk, even as she begins to attempt some misdirection, move and shoot the one closer to the middle of the room . . ..

Bluff for Trick Attack: 1d20 + 14 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 14 + 4 = 28

Works for CR up to 8. Makes the beastie Flat-footed vs me for the action set.

Arc Pistol, Static vs Blue: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Electric w/ Trick Shot: 1d6 + 2 + 3d8 ⇒ (6) + 2 + (3, 7, 2) = 20

Okay, so, doubling the damage is 40. The Arc critical doesn't function because the second bad guy is not the closest creature to my target. If the Trick shot failed, then the damage was 8 or 16 with the crit. If it succeeded, then I want to make this guy flat-footed to everyone in the group until my next action.

Dataphiles

Male android outlaw operative 7 | SP 49 HP 46 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | F+5 R+9 W+6 | Init: +11 | Darkvision; Perc: +14, SM: +12 | Speed 40ft | Holographic Clone: 1/1 | Laser Pistol Charges: 4/20 | Active conditions: none

Here we go... Darkrunner admits in resign as he jogs away from the nearby creature, distracting it with noises from his data pad and firing back at it.

[full round] trick attack RED (moving 5')
corona laser pistol attack RED, F damage: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 262d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3) + 3 = 8
Computers, Trick attack fire damage: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 183d8 ⇒ (3, 7, 2) = 12
If this succeeds, RED is flat-footed against this attack
Debilitating Trick (Ex) When you succeed at both the skill check and attack roll of your trick attack, you can make the target flat-footed or off-target until the beginning of your next turn. (choosing flat-footed if it works)


Prank War Map

Bright light will mean direct exposure to sunlight as interior lighting is normal light. Even still the direct lighting will be enough to dazzle the creatures.

As the lights direct at their vision, the creatures his and bare numerous teeth. They sweep at the magical lamps in fury.

The distraction is all that was needed as Osuro lands a devastating shot and causes the creature to drop spear and collapse to the ground as the electricity arcs through it.

Blue is down. I do believe the arc damage will affect Schuka as the closest target (unless you have an alternate critical effect). I could be wrong as this rule could have changed since I last investigated it.

Darkrunner is also able to line up a shot through the swaying corpses and land the laser on one of the stridermander's limbs. It does not a fall for the noises though and takes only a moderate blow.

The vesk doesn't answer Osuro's question directly but does begin to evaluate the enemies, but shakes her head in how quickly one has already fallen. With her weapon she moves to the edge of the room and fires her psychic wave cannon at the second.

Psychic Wave Cannon vs Red EAC w/ Cover: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Firing past the mass of bodies the blow lands and causes some pain, but doesn't dispatch it.

Round 1
Schuka (4 damage)
Osuro
Skip Intro
Darkrunner-42
Brigadier Teshgari
Blue Stridermander (12 damage)
Momo Strawberry

Exo-Guardians

Female Human Dance Machine 5 | SP 22/40 HP 39/39 | RP 5/5 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +4; Will +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Starship combat | ♫

Momo stands as if nailed to the ground when a barrage of fire mauls the creature next to her.

For when it is my turn:

Momo starts radiating some yellowish light, outlining the dancer. She spring into action, drawing her sword and moving forward in a single smooth movement.

Carbon blade, Blue: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 91d10 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

And then swipes the air, as if to warn it...

Acquisitives

Stellifera| Operative -4- Guard | SP=28, HP=26| EAC=17, KAC=18| F=1, R=8, W=5 Perception +11 (Darkvision 60) | Initiative=6

Seems like watertank going to fall after the assault but instead it rolls away and unleash not only water-tentacles as an elemental or octopus, but also unleash pistol.


Prank War Map

Correction on damage, Blue is down, damage tracking should have said "Red Stridermander.

Tendril vs Darkrunner KAC: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18 Miss
Piercing Damage: 1d3 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Schuka makes some distance and the stridermander lunges for Darkrunner. The feeding tendril pushes out of the stridermander's chest and attempts to wrap around Darkrunner's arm. The attack is deftly avoided before it can do so.

Momo's attack misses but her energy builds.

Round 2
Schuka (4 damage)
Osuro
Skip
Darkrunner-42
Brigadier Teshgari
Red Stridermander (12 damage)
Momo Strawberry

Schuka, Osuro, Skip, Darkrunner-42 are up

Acquisitives

Stellifera| Operative -4- Guard | SP=28, HP=26| EAC=17, KAC=18| F=1, R=8, W=5 Perception +11 (Darkvision 60) | Initiative=6

Schuka quickly moves around to find back of the scary monster.

Laser Pistol: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
DMG, fire: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Trick: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18 dmg?=> Trick: 1d8 ⇒ 3 + Debilitating Trick (flat-footed)

Wayfinders

Human Male Witchwarper 2 Operative Explorer 1| SP 16/16 : HP 20/20 : RP 4/4 | EAC 14 : KAC 15| F+0 : R+7 : W+3 | INIT+2 | LVL 1 Slots : 3/3 | Laser Pistol 20/20
Skills:
Acro +7 : Ath+5 : Bluff +9 : Comp +6 : Cult +19 : Dip +10 : Disg +4 : Intim +12 : Med +2 : Myst+8 : Perc +6 : Pilot +9 : SM +6 : Ste +7 ; Sur +7

Skip moves back from the melee, raises his pistol and fires at the remaining creature.

Mysticism DC equal to 20 + target CR: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 Fail, no additional damage dice

Azimuth Laser Pistol vs EAC: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Damage, F: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Damage, E: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Oof, not sure why I was excited to use a new ability when it required Skip to roll well! Also, thanks GM for fixing Skip's icon.

Wayfinders

F Human | S 35/35 | H 34/34 | R 6/6 | EAC 16 (17) | KAC 17 (18) | F+2 R+8 W+4 | Init+6 | Perc+10 (Lowlight/Darkvision) | SM +10 Icon (Actor) Operative (Spy) 5 | 40'

The actress attempts to duplicate her last smashing success.

Bluff for Trick Attack: 1d20 + 14 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 14 + 4 = 23

Works for CR up to 3. Makes the beastie Flat-footed vs me for the action set. Unlikely to be a success.

Arc Pistol, Static: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Electric w/ Trick Shot: 1d6 + 2 + 3d8 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (3, 6, 7) = 19

So, probably only 3 damage this time. In the unlikely event that succeeded, make it flat-footed to everyone else.

Dataphiles

Male android outlaw operative 7 | SP 49 HP 46 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | F+5 R+9 W+6 | Init: +11 | Darkvision; Perc: +14, SM: +12 | Speed 40ft | Holographic Clone: 1/1 | Laser Pistol Charges: 4/20 | Active conditions: none

This time it's going to work. Let's try "songs of the humpback", recovered from the gap era.

[full round] trick attack RED (moving 15')
corona laser pistol attack RED, F damage: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 122d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4) + 3 = 10
Computers, Trick attack fire damage: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 303d8 ⇒ (6, 1, 3) = 10
If this succeeds, RED is flat-footed against this attack
Debilitating Trick (Ex) When you succeed at both the skill check and attack roll of your trick attack, you can make the target flat-footed or off-target until the beginning of your next turn. (choosing flat-footed if it works)


Prank War Map

The mass of hanging bodies provide enough cover hamper the weapons fire. Even still the barrage of lasts connect into the shrieking creature bringing it down.

The battle over, Brigadier Teshgari hands the cannon back to Jomp. Both he and Mimzy are still terrified of this ghastly room and it takes a moment for Jomp to collect himself enough to take the weapon.

Teshgari focuses on the Stridermanders and shakes her head with disappointment as she gives kick at the body. "Average size. Plenty of places you can find these terrors and this isn't worth a trophy."

Combat is over, what do you want to investigate in this room?

Acquisitives

Stellifera| Operative -4- Guard | SP=28, HP=26| EAC=17, KAC=18| F=1, R=8, W=5 Perception +11 (Darkvision 60) | Initiative=6

Schuka becomes simple fish in the tank again and approaches skittermanders in stress.

She jumps few time up from the water and show some focuses with Psychokinetic Hand. She want to support little folks and even shoes a long message on the screen.

We are small and may be harmless but we have our inner power and usefulness. No worries, we are together!

The stellifera wants to take a look at dead strittermander and also take a closer look at bodies, maybe helping with Psychokinetic hand to move em a little.

Dataphiles

Male android outlaw operative 7 | SP 49 HP 46 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | F+5 R+9 W+6 | Init: +11 | Darkvision; Perc: +14, SM: +12 | Speed 40ft | Holographic Clone: 1/1 | Laser Pistol Charges: 4/20 | Active conditions: none

Darkrunner turns to Teshgari, asking How much bigger should they be to matter?!

Wayfinders

Human Male Witchwarper 2 Operative Explorer 1| SP 16/16 : HP 20/20 : RP 4/4 | EAC 14 : KAC 15| F+0 : R+7 : W+3 | INIT+2 | LVL 1 Slots : 3/3 | Laser Pistol 20/20
Skills:
Acro +7 : Ath+5 : Bluff +9 : Comp +6 : Cult +19 : Dip +10 : Disg +4 : Intim +12 : Med +2 : Myst+8 : Perc +6 : Pilot +9 : SM +6 : Ste +7 ; Sur +7

Skip takes stock the the hanging bodies quickly. "Well, now I regret the lights" He swipes his hand at the wall and the dancing lights go out.

Skip will cautiously move farther into the room. He keeps his pistol in hand in this horrifying place. As he directs it around where he's looking, he keeps one of the dancing lights moving about in front of him as if his pistol had a flashlight. Even if the room is decently lit, the extra light provides some comfort.

Is there a way to gauge how long these have been hanging here? Desiccated gives me the impression they are much older, but Skip will take a quick look to ensure there's no "choice cuts of meat" missing from these bodies, or risk of serial killer lurking down here.

Medicine: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Exo-Guardians

Female Human Dance Machine 5 | SP 22/40 HP 39/39 | RP 5/5 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +4; Will +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Starship combat | ♫

Terrors indeed, Momo says, at least they don't seem to have any psychic abilities She shudders.

She activates her torchlight and shines it on the double doors in the back.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

It's hard to see in this light. Momo says, anxious to get out of the ghastly room, what would those doors lead to? I wonder what this place could be, she says, thinking of the welcome sign some former Vesk hotel?


Prank War Map

Jomp and Mimzy as slightly heartened by Schuka's support. Jomp gives a bit of a nod and straightens up as he warily follows the brigadier. Mimzy still is anxious though and keeps all her hands to protect the bags of supplies.

In response to Darkrunner, Brigadier Teshgari answers, "for something worth hunting, at least several feet taller. The leaders of packs grow far bigger and hopefully one is still deeper in."

She grunts dismissively to the Momo's suggestion. "Building a hotel within Gadraveech would be madness." Walking along the walls she focuses on the metal that is covered with chips of inconsistent bright patterns. Examining the coloring she declares, "this ridiculous paint job could only be the work of skittermanders."

Looking at the walls the there is old paint still clinging to the walls in places in a variety of colors. Along the wall there are dents from a multitude of bullet impacts that were here long before you arrived.

Looking around more, longarm bullet casings litter the floor.

Culture or Engineering or Profession (gunsmith, mercenary, soldier, etc.) DC 21 to examine shells:
These shells were at one time standard make for the bullets previously used by Veskarium soldiers. They were standard issue from 180 to 230 years ago.

Also along the wall is and old-fashioned and out of date entertainment unit that is filled with bullet holes.

Culture or Engineering DC 14 to inspect entertainment unit:
The design of the system is about 200 years out of date.

Inspecting the bodies, Skip finds that some of the bodies have been here for weeks and others months. All show signs of being torn into by teeth with several additional wounds from simple tools. Little attention is taken to precise cuts across the body as they show signs of mauling regardless if they were beast or humanoid. The pahtra and vesk have been striped of gear. A look around the room reveals it stacked in a pile in the corner.

Exo-Guardians

Female Human Dance Machine 5 | SP 22/40 HP 39/39 | RP 5/5 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +4; Will +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Starship combat | ♫

culture: 1d20 ⇒ 10
culture: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Whoa… is that a dance dance extreme original version console?! That is so retro, it’s over 200 years old… she tries to turn it on but then notices the bullet holes… someone didn’t like losing, it seems. Pity.

Dataphiles

Male android outlaw operative 7 | SP 49 HP 46 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | F+5 R+9 W+6 | Init: +11 | Darkvision; Perc: +14, SM: +12 | Speed 40ft | Holographic Clone: 1/1 | Laser Pistol Charges: 4/20 | Active conditions: none

Several feet... wow. That one would be a behemoth.

Culture: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35

He kneels on the ground, inspecting the shell casings. These shells were standard make for the bullets used by Veskarium soldiers, standard issue 180 to 230 years ago. I suppose that dates the carnage that resulted in this scene.


Prank War Map

"One would hope," responds the brigadier as she looks to Jomp and Mimzy before readying to move forward.

Looking through the pile of gear there is a wealth of destroyed and rotten equipment set aside in the pile. They include various suits of hunting armor like basic defrex hide, enforcer armor I, graphite carbon skin, squad defiance series, field tactical shield. Attached to one of the armor suits is a infrared sensors armor upgrade. There are also 25 scattergun shells, an efficient bandolier, and a ring of sustenance scattered about the grimy pile.

The double doors were mentioned before, would you like to head there next?

Exo-Guardians

Female Human Dance Machine 5 | SP 22/40 HP 39/39 | RP 5/5 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +4; Will +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Starship combat | ♫

Mind if I borrow the Defrex Hide? (EAC Bonus +5; KAC Bonus +5; Max. Dex Bonus +4). The shield would be useful too, but I want to share responsibly.

There's some useful protection here... Momo says, ...and look at these she says holding up the infrared sensors, Miss Osuro, Mister Intro, these would be useful for you, no? (I think everyone else has some darkvision?).

Acquisitives

Stellifera| Operative -4- Guard | SP=28, HP=26| EAC=17, KAC=18| F=1, R=8, W=5 Perception +11 (Darkvision 60) | Initiative=6

Engineering DC 14: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Schuka approaches strange broken machine with curiosity, especially holes caliber...

She then heads to double doors to see and hear, maybe looking for dangers or a console.

Wayfinders

F Human | S 35/35 | H 34/34 | R 6/6 | EAC 16 (17) | KAC 17 (18) | F+2 R+8 W+4 | Init+6 | Perc+10 (Lowlight/Darkvision) | SM +10 Icon (Actor) Operative (Spy) 5 | 40'
Momo Strawberry wrote:

Mind if I borrow the Defrex Hide? (EAC Bonus +5; KAC Bonus +5; Max. Dex Bonus +4). The shield would be useful too, but I want to share responsibly.

There's some useful protection here... Momo says, ...and look at these she says holding up the infrared sensors, Miss Osuro, Mister Intro, these would be useful for you, no? (I think everyone else has some darkvision?).

"It would be useful, but my armor doesn't accept accessories. Now, if I took the Graphite Carbon Skin and attached it to that . . .. I don't know if he has the ability to attach the sensors to his current armor, though."

Wayfinders

Human Male Witchwarper 2 Operative Explorer 1| SP 16/16 : HP 20/20 : RP 4/4 | EAC 14 : KAC 15| F+0 : R+7 : W+3 | INIT+2 | LVL 1 Slots : 3/3 | Laser Pistol 20/20
Skills:
Acro +7 : Ath+5 : Bluff +9 : Comp +6 : Cult +19 : Dip +10 : Disg +4 : Intim +12 : Med +2 : Myst+8 : Perc +6 : Pilot +9 : SM +6 : Ste +7 ; Sur +7

Skip looks at the rotten pile of detritus that the part came from and shudders. He thinks back to his discarded scarf.

"Oh, no, thank you, Momo" is all he manages to his friend. "If Miss Osuro can make use of them, please feel free. If not, I can see if Mimzy has some bleach wipes...."

Skip has unlimited dancing lights and will never go blind, he just has to make up some elaborate story to explain them. I have a free upgrade slot if Osuro can't use them. I won't be taking anything from the pile otherwise, happy to leave it to front line fighters.


Prank War Map

Schuka checks the doorway and doesn't hear anything in the area beyond. The brigadier has her weapon ready while the skittermanders seems to look to get out of this room.

Opening the double doors reveals six bullet-riddled alcoves dominate this semi-circular room, each cradling an empty bed frame, broken shelves, shattered glass, and heaps of debris.

The walls in each living space are painted a different color and feature a different word along the back wall in bold font.

The first alcove reads "Prismacora" in bright pink along the wall and right below it is a triticale, a three-necked guitar familiar to skittermaner performers. Set in the corner is an old-fashioned, blood-stained speaker system in the corner.

"Sprout" marks the wall of the next alcove in a verdant green. There are a dozen dirty planters and several more than have been shattered to weapon fire. Throughout this alcove there are almost two dozen more jars filled with various seeds.

Opposite the entrance are two alcoves where the divider wall has been removed. The first labeled "Viverivim" in dark blue print. There are various painting supplies and canvases leaning against the wall that depict skittermanders and idyllic landscapes. Most feature a serious red skittermander as the focus or part of the picture. Some of the broken paints have stained the ground. Next to that, the text reads "Bixby" in a vibrant red. The area is a mess and that has not changed with the bullet holes perforating the area. There are heaps of rotten paper with illegible markings across them, a golden wedding band, and a framed photograph of two skittermanders, dressed in old-fashioned wedding robes to complement their red and blue fur. The beds of these two alcoves are pushed up against each other at the middle.

The final two alcoves on the lift are labeled "Tipps", in a bright, sunshine yellow and "Razzlefrazz" in a royal purple. The Tipps alcove is filled with rotten stuffed animals, dirty plastic toys and a comm-unit. Many of the toys have been ripped open or destroyed by weapons fire and others are stained in blood. The comm unit is undamaged, but would need a new battery as the current one is depleted.

The Razzlefrazz alcove has a small number of sparklers and a half-filled lighter. There several more sparkler boxes that are empty.

There is a lot in the room and would take a bit more time to search properly.

Brigadier Teshgari, Mimzy, and Jomp enter the room. The latter too especially glad to be out of entirely horrible room as they show more curiousity to the array of alcoves. The brigadier focuses on clearing the room and, upon finding nothing of interest to her, she moves back out of the room and motions to follow.

Mimzy and Jomp are a bit more focuses on the room as they look about the names and possessions. Jomp pulls out their polishing cloth as he notes, "this place needs a good cleaning."

Mimzy is immediately elated by the idea and agrees, "yes! Can I help?"

"No!" Brigadier Teshgari's voice cuts through the air. "You're helping me. Stay on mission."

Mimzy and Jomp snap to attention and brandish warm rolls, water, weapons and polishing clothing wildly.

Wayfinders

F Human | S 35/35 | H 34/34 | R 6/6 | EAC 16 (17) | KAC 17 (18) | F+2 R+8 W+4 | Init+6 | Perc+10 (Lowlight/Darkvision) | SM +10 Icon (Actor) Operative (Spy) 5 | 40'

Osuro looks around almost eagerly. "This really does look like a very soiid set for a good slasher vid." She's not pulling out a datapad and scribbling, but somehow you are convinced she's taking notes, regardless.

Exo-Guardians

Female Human Dance Machine 5 | SP 22/40 HP 39/39 | RP 5/5 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +4; Will +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Starship combat | ♫
Skip Intro wrote:
"Oh, no, thank you, Momo" is all he manages to his friend. "If Miss Osuro can make use of them, please feel free. If not, I can see if Mimzy has some bleach wipes...."

Ah, yeah. I suppose it is a bit gross. It's just so dark in here, and some extra protection wouldn't hurt.

She takes out the armor cleansing spray can, and sprays a nice citrus aroma on the armor, the shield and the infrared sensors. Then proceeds to don the armor.

EAC 18/KAC 18, darkvision (unless Osuro is taking them, didn't quite know whether to read your post as a yes or no...)

How do I look? Momo says with pretended lightness, though it is clear that she cares more about the added protection that her looks. Or the smell. There is a certain casualness with which she dons the suit that suggests she's been here before.

---

When Momo enters the bullet-riddled, blood-stained room, and slowly takes in the suggestion of catastrophe that the room depicts.

Osuro wrote:
"This really does look like a very soiid set for a good slasher vid."

Momo makes a waving gesture with her hand, hinting Osuro to be... well.. less eager... and nods at the Skittermanders. I'm not sure they'd agree... she whispers.

She hands the can of cleaner to Mimzy with an apologetic stare, then moves to the comm unit and checks it the battery from her own unit fits.

Wayfinders

Human Male Witchwarper 2 Operative Explorer 1| SP 16/16 : HP 20/20 : RP 4/4 | EAC 14 : KAC 15| F+0 : R+7 : W+3 | INIT+2 | LVL 1 Slots : 3/3 | Laser Pistol 20/20
Skills:
Acro +7 : Ath+5 : Bluff +9 : Comp +6 : Cult +19 : Dip +10 : Disg +4 : Intim +12 : Med +2 : Myst+8 : Perc +6 : Pilot +9 : SM +6 : Ste +7 ; Sur +7

Sensing the Brigadier wants to move on with the hunt, Skip takes a quick stock of the rooom to decide if it's worth investigating.

Detect magic


Prank War Map

Mimz takes the cleaner and and glances back toward the frustrated Brigadier Teshgari who looks to the group as they go through the room. Despite the damage to this room, Mimzy and Jomp hold her rather than wait in the makeshift larder.

With a bit of working Momo is able to connect her battery into the comm unit. It quickly powers up to a short, cheerful bootup song. The device is packed full of episodes of colorful cartoons. The animations seem to be various, old skittermander shows that date back several centuries based on the air dates marked on the openings.

One of them, Nufriend Yufriend, is still a familiar and popular show that has seen several remakes and followings even on groups on Absalom Station.

Skip's magic does easily detects some several bits of magic scattered throughout the room.

Brigadier Teshgari stands outside the room and glares inward before she looks to corners for attackers. "This is a skittermander barracks. It is clear that it contains nothing of interest. I don't know what you will gain digging through their junk."

Let me know if you would like to continue investigating the room.

Acquisitives

Stellifera| Operative -4- Guard | SP=28, HP=26| EAC=17, KAC=18| F=1, R=8, W=5 Perception +11 (Darkvision 60) | Initiative=6

Schuka melancholicaly start to bring this room in some order and borrow some cleaning things from Mimzy. She uses mostly Psychokinetic Hand to perform cleaning.

The stellifera starts to think that skttermanders and strittermanders may have something common...

Dataphiles

Male android outlaw operative 7 | SP 49 HP 46 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | F+5 R+9 W+6 | Init: +11 | Darkvision; Perc: +14, SM: +12 | Speed 40ft | Holographic Clone: 1/1 | Laser Pistol Charges: 4/20 | Active conditions: none

The blood trail seems to end here? I'm not interested in their junk, but I do wonder if there might be more clues as to where the creatures went from here.

He looks for signs of exiting to the East through doors or back South through the computer console room.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Exo-Guardians

Female Human Dance Machine 5 | SP 22/40 HP 39/39 | RP 5/5 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +4; Will +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Starship combat | ♫
GM Blazej wrote:
Brigadier Teshgari stands outside the room and glares inward before she looks to corners for attackers. "This is a skittermander barracks. It is clear that it contains nothing of interest. I don't know what you will gain digging through their junk."

Nufriend... yufriend... everybody... our friend... Momo lets the jingle run for a moment, the with a click turns off the device and replaces the battery in her comm unit. Her own device boots up showing a cheerful picture of a much younger Momo alongside someone else. She places the skittermander comm unit in the sunshine yellow alcove labeled 'Tipps' with a careful, solemn gesture and adds the most intact of the stuffed toys next to it. I hope your star shines bright she whispers.

She then straightens her back, takes a deep breath and marches out of the room.

Can't see the map, but there is another exit?

Wayfinders

Human Male Witchwarper 2 Operative Explorer 1| SP 16/16 : HP 20/20 : RP 4/4 | EAC 14 : KAC 15| F+0 : R+7 : W+3 | INIT+2 | LVL 1 Slots : 3/3 | Laser Pistol 20/20
Skills:
Acro +7 : Ath+5 : Bluff +9 : Comp +6 : Cult +19 : Dip +10 : Disg +4 : Intim +12 : Med +2 : Myst+8 : Perc +6 : Pilot +9 : SM +6 : Ste +7 ; Sur +7

"This will only take a moment, Brigadier" and slips into the room. He'll head for where he senses some of the magical pings and search around.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Prank War Map

Revealed the room on the map. It is a dead end.

Brigadier Teshgari vocalizes her disapproval of the search and attention to the room, "many moments can be lost following the nonsense of skittermander distractions. I'm focused on the strovions that are here now, not the skittermanders that used to love here."

Mimzy is absolutely willing to give equipment to Schuka. She watches from the brigadier's side as she wishes she could jump in and help as well.

Searching for trails Darkrunner finds the passage of passage throughout the complex. The trails of stridermander whelps passing through halls and vents. There isn't any exit out of the barracks to the east and doesn't seem to have any recent traffic. The same for the western door which reveals a dirty, but functioning, lavatory, but nothing of any other interest.

Searching through the bullet-filled barracks you find more shells of the same make as the previous room as well as several pieces of equipment that is still functioning. Among them are weapons of common skittermander usage, spell gems, and miscellaneous equipment that includes provincial skitterstaff, a surge rackarack, a tactical infinity rifle, a charge cloak, a spell gem of invisibility, a spell gem of laser net, and a spell gem of supercharge weapon can be found among the living spaces.

Wayfinders

F Human | S 35/35 | H 34/34 | R 6/6 | EAC 16 (17) | KAC 17 (18) | F+2 R+8 W+4 | Init+6 | Perc+10 (Lowlight/Darkvision) | SM +10 Icon (Actor) Operative (Spy) 5 | 40'

"A couple of observations if I may? First, the blood trail wouldn't continue past the larder where the bodies are stored. If one did, it would be an indication that somebody wasn't dead when hung up, and had tried to escape. That NEVER goes well. Second, you, Brigadier, chose to bring Starfinders hunting. One of the problems with this is that Starfinders as a group are SEIOUSLY focused on the past. The good news is, despite the boring time waiting, if this is a larder for their children, then we really can't be very far from amating or birthing nest of some kind. Of course, in the vid it would still take us another 45 minutes or hour to find it. But this isn't a vid."

1 to 50 of 290 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [OutPost VI] SFS 3-02: The Subterranean Safari - GM Blazej All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.