GM Quirks GATEWAY TO ABSALOM, group 1 (Inactive)

Game Master Quirk, Private Eye

MAPS


1 to 50 of 586 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Feel free to introduce your characters here.

You will all have some familiarity with each other, having grown up in or near the Gateway District, or having done business with one another.


Please click on the maps, above, and let me know if you can see and interact with them.


Male NG Pahtra Street Rat Soldier (Ascetic Warrior, Qi Adept) 3 | SP 3/21 HP 25/25 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

All good, here. I can see the maps (look great by the way!) Will post something proper shortly.

Acquisitives

Female NG shirren athlete mechanic 3 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +6 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Maps are good on my end. Just noticed the Poshkettle Tea Garden. HA! How long until HMM gets to actually sneak Charli into an actual Starfinder book or something? XD

Manifold Host

male NG Brenneri diplomat envoy 3 | SP 21/21 HP 22/22 RP 3/4 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, Bluff:+9+exp | Speed 30ft; Swim 20ft | Active conditions: None | Bottle Caps: 1

Maps are good here. Chucked at Gateway Arms Hotel -- suddenly flashed back my pre-teen days watching the Empty Arms Hotel sketches on Hee Haw.

(And I have now totally and embarrassingly dated myself.)


Werehare Inquisitive 3/ Seeker 3/ Bard 3

Interaction confirmed.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Shobhad Mystic (empath) 3 SP 13/21 HP 24/24 RP 1/3 // EAC 13 KAC 15 // F +2 R +1 W+5 // Resistance cold 5 // Init +0 Percept +7 SM +9 // Speed 40' ()

Big, shambling, and slack-jawed, with a oversized, tusked lower jaw broader than its cranium, the four armed shobhad does not give a first impression of intelligence. Its armor, surmounted by a fiber-rope harness from which hang openly displayed blades, and the long rifle slung on its back, coupled with its size, do provide a a definite impression of menace.

When it opens its mouth to speak, it confirms the absence of great intelligence, but belies the impression of menace. Its speech is slow, deep and softly gentle. "I'm Gath. Where's your favorite place?"


A massive shobhad peers across the Gallery, a bustling center of commerce, transportation, and culture aboard Absalom Station.

He dwarfs his two companions, a shirren and a pahtra who flank the shobhad.

They are perched upon a bridge overlooking The Gallery. Below them tracks for the "L.R.A." extend across the Gallery and beyond into one of Absalom's largest spaceports.

The L.R.A. stands for "Light Rail Absalom".

An L.R.A. train slowly approaches and stops, letting off several travelers who go about their business inside the shops and restaurants that make up this level of what most call "The Gateway District." The "gateway" most refer to is a primeval piece of architecture that the train now travels through toward the spaceport. There are enigmatic runes all about this arch, and most are proud to live and work in the shadow of such a notable and characterful edifice.

From either end of the bridge approach two more friends and companions, a brenneri and an android. They are likely leaving their places of business that are on this upper level.

The brenneri bears a tray of beverages for everyone, including one nearly the size of a bucket for the shobhad.

I have placed an "X" on the map of the Gallery where I picture this interaction taking place. As you check in with these people who are your friends, neighbors, and perhaps coworkers please include a roll to see how many credits you have earned in the past week. Here's the formula: Roll a d20 and add any profession skill your character has (or don't add anything if you don't have a profession skill). Double the result. That is additional credits you have on hand right now.


Male Shobhad Mystic (empath) 3 SP 13/21 HP 24/24 RP 1/3 // EAC 13 KAC 15 // F +2 R +1 W+5 // Resistance cold 5 // Init +0 Percept +7 SM +9 // Speed 40' ()

"... and I'm going there,someday," Gath concludes while looking at the receding train. He glances left then right, then focuses farther to the right. A toothy, grin characterized by hugely oversized lower eye-teeth broadens into a very genuine smile. He makes a show of rubbing his eyes.

"Thak! You are a sight for sore eyes. His gaze fixes on the bucket-like mug. He pats the pocket on his belt where he normally keeps his credstick.

"I'm a little short, but get paid tomorrow. Can I pay you back then?"

From previous association, a little short probably means flat broke, and if you agree, you will be paid. If you don't agree, he won't even take a sip until he's pan-handled whatever amount you tell me from passers-by.


Android Biotechnician Medic Biohacker 2 | SP 12/12 | HP 16/160 | RP 5/5 | EAC 11 • KAC 12 | F+3, R+0, W+0 | Init +0 | Perc +0 | Spd 30 | Active Conditions: None

Well-dressed even in casual clothes of some of the better names, the Android had both thumbs hooked in his pockets, the D.E.A.R.S. (Digitally Enhanced Appearance Revamp System) unit that was clipped to his belt projecting subtle ostentatious touches here and there over his person. A little more shine to his shoes, a brighter sparkle to the luxury wrist-unit on his left arm, and a color enhancement just slightly on the edge of super-real. His arms were covered by sleeves, thin gloves on his hands.

As they approached, he gave a nod to those present. A beverage was already in his hand from the walk, of the same type that were on the tray.

"Always when I am here, I admire the design that made this the best location to view the rest of the District", he offered. The view of the spaceport was also excellent, the promise of "beyond" implicit with every ship that arrived or departed. The color of the Gallery was the better view, he felt.
______________________________
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
32c in-pocket


Male NG Pahtra Street Rat Soldier (Ascetic Warrior, Qi Adept) 3 | SP 3/21 HP 25/25 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

Income: 1d20 ⇒ 4

"Don't want to stay here forever,"Locket replies to Gath, nodding in agreement.

He sits on the edge of the bridge; his arms hooked over the the barrier rail at the elbows and his legs dangle in the open space above the rail tracks below.

The lean pahtra turns at the same time as the shobhad, his ears pricking up. Tending toward serious at most times, his feline face softens in a rare smile as Goldenarms and Thak approach with the drinks.

"And to what do we owe this unexpected pleasure?" he asks wryly, accepting the offered drink.

Acquisitives

Female NG shirren athlete mechanic 3 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +6 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Income: 1d20 ⇒ 9

The group's conversation is interrupted by a piercing telepathic "COMING IN HOT!" followed by the THOOM of a crude plasma engine.

Barreling down the bridge is a short, dark-shelled shirren on a barely-safe-looking contraption. She's crouched down holding the plank with one hand while the other grips a large brown-paper bag for dear life. For a moment it seems she's going to barrel right into the three before she swerves at the last second and leaps off the device, which instantly stops. And then she lands on her feet.

"Awwww, yeah! Stuck the landing!" she thinks to no one in particular before approaching the group.

"Gotta delivery here for a Mr. Poorida! One of you guys him?" she asks, holding out the bag that you can now smell clearly has hot food in it.

Manifold Host

male NG Brenneri diplomat envoy 3 | SP 21/21 HP 22/22 RP 3/4 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, Bluff:+9+exp | Speed 30ft; Swim 20ft | Active conditions: None | Bottle Caps: 1

"There's always pleasure in friends and drinks, Locket! And the food's here -- right on time. Poorida, right here!" Waving Senkuviene into the group, he sets the tray on the table.

"Got you covered with your favorite size, Gath." He mock-struggles with the bucket, catching Gath's eye and silently acknowledging that they'll settle up sometime later. After all, everybody has their short days. Goodness knows you did no so long ago.

"I think they made it right this time, Locket. Give it a taste and see?" Nodding to Goldenarms, "And you already have yours, so we're all good."

Turning back to Senkuviene, he smiles and tilts his head playfully. "Impeccable service, style, and food. You make our lives delightful. This should cover everything and your tip," as he trades the bag for a credstick and slips into his seat.

"Who's hungry? There's plenty for everyone so dig in!"

Income: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Acquisitives

Female NG shirren athlete mechanic 3 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +6 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"You already paid for the order and the tip, since you used the app," Senkuviene replies. "The compliment on the other hand, is a nice touch. Most people are like 'HEY, WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING!' like I'm not ALREADY watching and haven't plotted out the optimal course through traffic!"

She kicks up her board and holds it vertically.

"So what's the occasion, and why this location?"


Male Shobhad Mystic (empath) 3 SP 13/21 HP 24/24 RP 1/3 // EAC 13 KAC 15 // F +2 R +1 W+5 // Resistance cold 5 // Init +0 Percept +7 SM +9 // Speed 40' ()

Gath smiles acknowledgement at the brenneri and reaches for the big mug. He takes a long pull, draining a quarter of the bucket while Thak and the delivery shirren chat. That first draught is done in time for him to reply to the shirren.

"Goldenarms says this is the best view in Gateway. And Thak said to meet here."

"I'm Gath. What's your name? I've seen you around. You nearly hit me last week. Is your board easy to ride?"

There's no bitterness in ' you nearly hit me.' Perhaps he expects you to remember the near collision also.

Manifold Host

male NG Brenneri diplomat envoy 3 | SP 21/21 HP 22/22 RP 3/4 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, Bluff:+9+exp | Speed 30ft; Swim 20ft | Active conditions: None | Bottle Caps: 1

He squinches his eyes for a moment and rubs his temple. His whiskers tilt to the left.

"Yes. Right. Prepaid. Knew that. Anyway, I'm happy I could make you smile. Do you have time to join us for a bit? Drink's on me..."


Male NG Pahtra Street Rat Soldier (Ascetic Warrior, Qi Adept) 3 | SP 3/21 HP 25/25 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

Locket snorts in reply to Thak's comment. With a look of trepidation, he cautiously tests the drink.

After gently licking his lips several times, he responds, "It's not bad." The pahtra takes another sip.

Locket's ears flick as Sen glides to a halt nearby. His bright eyes watch as the delivery is completed.

"We were just discussing the need to install some speed humps in the area," he replies dryly to the shirren's question.


Android Biotechnician Medic Biohacker 2 | SP 12/12 | HP 16/160 | RP 5/5 | EAC 11 • KAC 12 | F+3, R+0, W+0 | Init +0 | Perc +0 | Spd 30 | Active Conditions: None

The Android's chuckle is a quarter second slow. "There have been some 'concerns' regarding pedestrian nuisances", they confirmed.

A brief head tilt came as the smell of the food reached them. "Oh, those are plasma-grilled, I believe", they commented as a skewer was taken and tasted.

"Such nuance to their food. Delightful."

Acquisitives

Female NG shirren athlete mechanic 3 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +6 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
Gath of Akiton wrote:

Gath smiles acknowledgement at the brenneri and reaches for the big mug. He takes a long pull, draining a quarter of the bucket while Thak and the delivery shirren chat. That first draught is done in time for him to reply to the shirren.

"Goldenarms says this is the best view in Gateway. And Thak said to meet here."

"I'm Gath. What's your name? I've seen you around. You nearly hit me last week. Is your board easy to ride?"

There's no bitterness in ' you nearly hit me.' Perhaps he expects you to remember the near collision also.

"Senkuviene, or 'Sen' if you don't have time. Oh...that was you last week, huh...should have expected, there aren't many folks as big as you in this neighborhood. Sorry 'bout that, Gath. As for my zoomboard, it hasn't reached an 'easy-rider' stage yet. It's a work in progress. Hoping to get a hover-field installed on the body of it so I can get rid of these clunky wheels."

Thak Poorida wrote:

He squinches his eyes for a moment and rubs his temple. His whiskers tilt to the left.

"Yes. Right. Prepaid. Knew that. Anyway, I'm happy I could make you smile. Do you have time to join us for a bit? Drink's on me..."

Sen's antennae perk up at Thak's offer.

"Mighty generous of you! No booze, though, please. I'm a risk-taker, but even I'm not stupid enough to try and drive drunk!"

Locket Alyara wrote:

Locket snorts in reply to Thak's comment. With a look of trepidation, he cautiously tests the drink.

After gently licking his lips several times, he responds, "It's not bad." The pahtra takes another sip.

Locket's ears flick as Sen glides to a halt nearby. His bright eyes watch as the delivery is completed.

"We were just discussing the need to install some speed humps in the area," he replies dryly to the shirren's question.

Sen looks at Locket and makes a buzzing noise with her mouthparts reminiscent of a humanoid raspberry.

"Goldenarms" wrote:
The Android's chuckle is a quarter second slow. "There have been some 'concerns' regarding pedestrian nuisances", they confirmed.

"I'm working on it. Once I get this thing modded properly it'll be a sight to behold!"

The device housing the board makes some tweeting and beeping noises.

"Well, it's true! You're my greatest creation!"

The board makes a happy-sounding beep.


The beverages are on point, and the company of friends and acquaintances is welcome.

Gosh, I hate to put a damper on things! But I have to.

During a lull in the conversation Gath notices a handbill digitally displaying the holographic form of a young human woman.

A series of words pop up in the display:

MISSING since yesterday! Please help! Kevya Yonnick was last seen leaving Yon's L7 Bar and Grill.

Yon's is a favorite watering hole in the Gateway District. You all can see it from where you're standing.

Kevya is the owner's daughter.


Male Shobhad Mystic (empath) 3 SP 13/21 HP 24/24 RP 1/3 // EAC 13 KAC 15 // F +2 R +1 W+5 // Resistance cold 5 // Init +0 Percept +7 SM +9 // Speed 40' ()

As locals I'm assuming we all know this bar and girl.

Gath is looking around, when he suddenly stops and points to the handbill. "Hey, guys, look at that. Kevya's missing. Yon's daughter."


Male NG Pahtra Street Rat Soldier (Ascetic Warrior, Qi Adept) 3 | SP 3/21 HP 25/25 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

Locket regards Sen for a moment, bright eyes unblinking. With the flick of an ear, the pahtra turns his attention back to the Gallery's vista.

He lifts his drink to take another sip. Was that the beginning of a small smile glimpsed just before the raised cup concealed it from view?

At Gath's remark, Locket turns to look at the handbill. "Nowhere's safe these days," he laments.

"Any of you seen her recently?" he asks, turning to look at the small group.


Some background information:

Yon's L7 Bar and Grill is well known around here. All of you have been there on a regular basis. You probably know the owner Yon, known to be a friendly and charitable soul.

Locket:
You seem to recall seeing Kevya just the other day working in the bar.


Male NG Pahtra Street Rat Soldier (Ascetic Warrior, Qi Adept) 3 | SP 3/21 HP 25/25 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

"I saw her working in the bar, but that was a few days ago," he adds.


Male Shobhad Mystic (empath) 3 SP 13/21 HP 24/24 RP 1/3 // EAC 13 KAC 15 // F +2 R +1 W+5 // Resistance cold 5 // Init +0 Percept +7 SM +9 // Speed 40' ()

Gath latches onto Locket's question. He rubs his stomach with his lower hands.

"I don't think so. I haven't been out for over a week. No credits."

"Maybe she's just out with friends?"

Acquisitives

Female NG shirren athlete mechanic 3 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +6 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"I run deliveries for Yon often...I really should have paid more attention to see if she was there. My host's always saying I should make more friends my age..."

Sen's antennae sag.


Male Shobhad Mystic (empath) 3 SP 13/21 HP 24/24 RP 1/3 // EAC 13 KAC 15 // F +2 R +1 W+5 // Resistance cold 5 // Init +0 Percept +7 SM +9 // Speed 40' ()

Gath lays a gentle, but heavy, hand on Sen's shoulder.

"I'll be your friend if you let me ride your zoomboard. Is it hard?"

Acquisitives

Female NG shirren athlete mechanic 3 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +6 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
Gath of Akiton wrote:

Gath lays a gentle, but heavy, hand on Sen's shoulder.

"I'll be your friend if you let me ride your zoomboard. Is it hard?"

The zoomboard responds with an alarmed beeping noise.

"No disrespect meant, big guy, but I don't think its structural integrity's at a point where it can support you. Like I said, work-in-progress."


Male Shobhad Mystic (empath) 3 SP 13/21 HP 24/24 RP 1/3 // EAC 13 KAC 15 // F +2 R +1 W+5 // Resistance cold 5 // Init +0 Percept +7 SM +9 // Speed 40' ()

"Maybe when you fix it then?" Gath's deep voice mixes disappointment with hope.


Android Biotechnician Medic Biohacker 2 | SP 12/12 | HP 16/160 | RP 5/5 | EAC 11 • KAC 12 | F+3, R+0, W+0 | Init +0 | Perc +0 | Spd 30 | Active Conditions: None

While the others had been talking about her, the Android had been looking up what he could find on her, without violating any medical confidentiality. While the incidents were not often, they had been able to redirect an individual that left home for one reason or another and requested sanctuary of a sort. It was unfortunately not a rare occurrence. That said, with a name and image, as well as a location, it was possible to check to see what was available regarding information— whether she was indeed truly missing.
______________________________
Computers: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Acquisitives

Female NG shirren athlete mechanic 3 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +6 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
Gath of Akiton wrote:
"Maybe when you fix it then?" Gath's deep voice mixes disappointment with hope.

"Oh, HYLAX no, BUT what I COULD do is see about developing a separate shobhad-sized one in my spare time!"

She pulls a small tab on the computer-rig on her arm to reveal a Pact-World-standard measuring tape, which she quickly uses to begin measuring Gath's dimensions.

"Hmm...yes...fascinating...yep...kewl!"


Male NG Pahtra Street Rat Soldier (Ascetic Warrior, Qi Adept) 3 | SP 3/21 HP 25/25 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

"You might be right," Locket says in reply to Gath, downing the rest of his drink. "Barely been a day, so far," he adds, disentangling himself from the bridge rails.

"Can't be too careful these days," he continues, pushing himself to his feet. As he leans forward, a suit of second skin armour is visible beneath the outer layers of loose-fitting casual clothing. "Doesn't take long to make someone disappear."

"Might be worth making some inquiries." the pahtra looks toward Goldenarms expectantly.


Goldenarms does some checking on his comm device. Accessing various social media outlets, it seems Kevya was quite happy with her life. She often bragged about how great her Dad was, and there are several pictures of the two of them together. She worked several nights a week at Yon's L7 Bar and Grill, and seemed to enjoy both the regulars and itinerant travelers who came through.

It seems unlikely that someone like Kevya would simply disappear of her own volition.

Seeing more pictures, all of you are sure you recognize her from Yon's.

Nice roll, Goldenarms.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Shobhad Mystic (empath) 3 SP 13/21 HP 24/24 RP 1/3 // EAC 13 KAC 15 // F +2 R +1 W+5 // Resistance cold 5 // Init +0 Percept +7 SM +9 // Speed 40' ()
Senkuviene wrote:
Gath of Akiton wrote:
"Maybe when you fix it then?" Gath's deep voice mixes disappointment with hope.

"Oh, HYLAX no, BUT what I COULD do is see about developing a separate shobhad-sized one in my spare time!"

She pulls a small tab on the computer-rig on her arm to reveal a Pact-World-standard measuring tape, which she quickly uses to begin measuring Gath's dimensions.

"Hmm...yes...fascinating...yep...kewl!"

"Would you do that for me? Already you're a good friend, Sen," Gath seems quite pleased with the reply. He tries to hold still while the shirren takes his measurements, but can't help squirming a little.

"Tickles"

***

"GM Quirk" wrote:
... it seems Kevya was quite happy with her life ...

"See, she's a happy girl. Call her friends and I bet we'll find her. I wonder if Lon is giving a reward. Maybe free drinks?"


Gath, you feel certain that Yon would AT LEAST be good for free drinks should you assist in finding young Kevya.


Male NG Pahtra Street Rat Soldier (Ascetic Warrior, Qi Adept) 3 | SP 3/21 HP 25/25 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

"Well, let's pay Yon a visit and see what more we can learn," Locket suggests. "The official channels take a while to get into gear. If something has happened to her, it could be too late to do anything by then."


Male Shobhad Mystic (empath) 3 SP 13/21 HP 24/24 RP 1/3 // EAC 13 KAC 15 // F +2 R +1 W+5 // Resistance cold 5 // Init +0 Percept +7 SM +9 // Speed 40' ()

"All right then! Let's go!"

Gath throws back his mug, some of the golden liquid dribbles around the edge of the mug and down his cheek while he gulps in most of it. The errant liquid rolls down his skin, slipping under the hide harness that holds his rifle, knife, and club. He brushes at it with his three other hands.

Acquisitives

Female NG shirren athlete mechanic 3 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +6 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Sen finishes measuring and lets her measuring tape zip back into her rig.

"Nothing more heartwarming than a community network comin' together in a time of crisis! And I'd rather not involve official channels anyway...don't want another speeding violation."


A15 on The Gallery map represents a long hall that leads to Yon's L7 Bar and Grill. Slides 2 and 3 represents the friendly confines of Yon's.

A bright neon sign is lit up above an otherwise non-descript doorway on the Gallery. The door opens to a long corridor that leads past a service hallway and a few mechanical rooms. Ahead you hear music and hear people enjoying themselves.

Inside Yon's, it appears that the establishment is relatively busy. Yon seems to be missing from his usual spot behind the bar, though there are other familiar faces there, including Cherry, a hard woman who rumor has it was once a Starfinder. Now she helps Yon by waiting tables and tending bar.


Android Biotechnician Medic Biohacker 2 | SP 12/12 | HP 16/160 | RP 5/5 | EAC 11 • KAC 12 | F+3, R+0, W+0 | Init +0 | Perc +0 | Spd 30 | Active Conditions: None

"Her social feeds show nothing abnormal", the Android says to the others as they are entering.

The D.E.A.R.S. alters as they enter, muting the shine, and shifting to some scuffs and wear. Still ostentatious, but something a bit more befitting to the locale. The unit does not seem to have adjustments to these types of settings programmed into it. The realization takes a second before the emitter unit flickers off, the accents and touches pixelating and fading.

Slightly awkward, Goldenarms seems to be waiting for someone else to take the lead, unfamiliar with how they would all work as a group.


Male Shobhad Mystic (empath) 3 SP 13/21 HP 24/24 RP 1/3 // EAC 13 KAC 15 // F +2 R +1 W+5 // Resistance cold 5 // Init +0 Percept +7 SM +9 // Speed 40' ()

Gath strides into the bar, pauses momentarily to look around, then steps quickly toward Cherry. On the way he alternately shoulders people aside, then apologizes sincerely as he moves past.

" Cherry! We heard about Kevya. We are here to help. Where is Yon?"

Beyond his initial emphasis to get the woman's attention, Gath's voice is pitched to be heard above the bar noise.

Not trying to draw attention, nor trying to be discrete.


Male NG Pahtra Street Rat Soldier (Ascetic Warrior, Qi Adept) 3 | SP 3/21 HP 25/25 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

Locket follows Gath into bar, navigating his way through the crowd with minimal difficulty.

The pahtra leans on the bar beside the shobhad, noddingz once to Cherry.

Acquisitives

Female NG shirren athlete mechanic 3 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +6 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"Wow!" Goldenarms hears in their mind as Sen seems to stare at the D.E.A.R.S. doing their thing. "How are you doin' that? It's cool!"


Cherry looks around, then quietly wanders over to Gath and Locket.

"Yon is out looking for Kevya. Not much to go on. She left here with a friend heading for a ysoki techno club down in botscrap two nights ago. Hasn't been seen since. Honestly, it's not looking good. Station security doesn't seem interested in putting in the needed hours to do a thorough search. I've got the security footage of her leaving if you want to see it...."


Android Biotechnician Medic Biohacker 2 | SP 12/12 | HP 16/160 | RP 5/5 | EAC 11 • KAC 12 | F+3, R+0, W+0 | Init +0 | Perc +0 | Spd 30 | Active Conditions: None
Senkuviene wrote:
"Wow!" Goldenarms hears in their mind as Sen seems to stare at the D.E.A.R.S. doing their thing. "How are you doin' that? It's cool!"

The realization that they may have shown something to an individual that may just have ideas of applications somewhat outside of its initial design intent came when they noticed the... 'awe' in the tone. A response was stuttered as attempting to reply in the same manner that the query was received did not work. However, they did display the unit and indicated the attendant projectors.

"It- it is an accessory display unit. Emitters—" he indicated the metallic pieces that sat like eyebrows on his hairless head as well as the jewelry that could have been mistaken for link bracelets and earrings of the same type. "–are synced to your comm unit to know your personal area, and project a wide variety of... enhancements."

To demonstrate, he had it project a panel onto his shirt of one of the preset haute-couture patterns, that of an animated fractal pattern that ran around his cuffs and collar. The colors were muted and tasteful for his shirt, but it is obvious that they did not have to be so.


Male Shobhad Mystic (empath) 3 SP 13/21 HP 24/24 RP 1/3 // EAC 13 KAC 15 // F +2 R +1 W+5 // Resistance cold 5 // Init +0 Percept +7 SM +9 // Speed 40' ()

Gath continues talking to Cherry. "My father says botscrap is a proving ground inhabited by the honorless. Not a good place. Who's Kevya's friend? Is she missing too?"


Cherry responds to Gath. "No one knows who HE is. Young guy. Looks like a partier. Authorities could probably figure it out, but they are notoriously slow around here with things like this. Yon says they still think this about a rebellious young person running away, and that she'll be back anytime."

There is a short security video of Kevya leaving with an unknown person. Cherry can make it available to you to load on your comm device or computer if you would like.

Acquisitives

Female NG shirren athlete mechanic 3 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +6 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
"Goldenarms" wrote:
Senkuviene wrote:
"Wow!" Goldenarms hears in their mind as Sen seems to stare at the D.E.A.R.S. doing their thing. "How are you doin' that? It's cool!"

The realization that they may have shown something to an individual that may just have ideas of applications somewhat outside of its initial design intent came when they noticed the... 'awe' in the tone. A response was stuttered as attempting to reply in the same manner that the query was received did not work. However, they did display the unit and indicated the attendant projectors.

"It- it is an accessory display unit. Emitters—" he indicated the metallic pieces that sat like eyebrows on his hairless head as well as the jewelry that could have been mistaken for link bracelets and earrings of the same type. "–are synced to your comm unit to know your personal area, and project a wide variety of... enhancements."

To demonstrate, he had it project a panel onto his shirt of one of the preset haute-couture patterns, that of an animated fractal pattern that ran around his cuffs and collar. The colors were muted and tasteful for his shirt, but it is obvious that they did not have to be so.

"Woooow!" Sen replies, and for a moment it looks like she has little stars in her multifaceted eyes. "Is it expensive? Where'd you get it? Is it a prototype?"

Her attention quickly shifts, however, when she overhears mention of Botscrap as Kevya's last known location.

"Ooh, rough neighborhood. Go there to scrounge parts sometimes, but I always try to keep such trips short. I can take a look at that footage if you want. I record and analyze footage of my stunts all the time for practice purposes, so I've got a good eye for the little details!"


Male Shobhad Mystic (empath) 3 SP 13/21 HP 24/24 RP 1/3 // EAC 13 KAC 15 // F +2 R +1 W+5 // Resistance cold 5 // Init +0 Percept +7 SM +9 // Speed 40' ()
"Cherry wrote:
"No one knows who HE is. Young guy. Looks like a partier. Authorities could probably figure it out, but they are notoriously slow around here with things like this. Yon says they still think this about a rebellious young person running away, and that she'll be back anytime."

"HE, then," Gath agrees affably. "What is the club's name?"

He looks at Locket and points at the pahtra.

Is HE clearly visible in the security footage? Would we recognize him if we met him? Could we get a description of both?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Senkuviene:
If you'd like to give me a computers roll, you can indeed improve the quality of the security footage.

The footage seems somewhat blurry, though it does help. The subject is obviously a human male, and somewhat young and slight of build.

Pictures of Kevya are readily available.

Cherry indicates that Kevya said something about "Lolo's Tail Shake" down in Botscrap.

1 to 50 of 586 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Quirk's GATEWAY TO ABSALOM, group 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.