[PFS] Your Sky Key Solution (Inactive)

Game Master Yours is mined


351 to 390 of 390 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Human Shaman~5 | HP: 34/34 | AC:17 (T:17/ff:10) | {F:+2|R:+1|W:+9} | Perception: +12 | Initiative: +10

IN my haste I posted the wrong DC for my Hex. The DC is actually 16. Apologies.

Liberty's Edge

Fighter 5 - HP 46/49, AC 21/T: 15/FF: 17 - Perception +8 - F: +7/ R: +6/ W: +5 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 20, Speed: 30, Init. +4

Looks like the skelly is moving while I had the slides open; guess I'll hold off for a sec.

Liberty's Edge

Fighter 5 - HP 46/49, AC 21/T: 15/FF: 17 - Perception +8 - F: +7/ R: +6/ W: +5 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 20, Speed: 30, Init. +4

I'll do a vanilla post to keep it quick. 5' step, TWF attack.

+1 Kukri: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Kukri: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Target Gnome Skeleton.


Disinterested in temporal paradoxes, AMT has a different axe to grind. Her attack leaves AMS sappy, trunk connected to root by a sliver of bark.

AMS misfortune Will DC 16, modifier added off screen: 1d20 ⇒ 17

The skeletal sapling ignores Fate’s hex, while Cade, Jaakko and Majet all miss.

Omandi daze Will DC 14, modifier added off screen: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Ilarien has better luck with Omandi, the old woman letting out a low moooan … as she slumps to the floor in a near-catatonic state.

💐

Skelie Majet takes a swipe at Jaakko and then takes a step to get a better angle on the casters.

Orange Majet Skelie’s longsword on Jaakko: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
slashing damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

The Deadwood slashes at AMT, before roughly following the other skeleton's lead.

Green AMS’ longsword on AMT: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
slashing damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
miss chance, 0-20 is a miss: 1d100 ⇒ 98

Round #2/3:

Majet ☤ 34/35
Fate ☤ 27/28
Jaakko 32 - 5 - 5 - 7 = 15/32
Cade
--
AMS (green) sappy
Skelie Majet (orange)
Omandi Mil (pink) prone, dazed
--
Ilarien
Angry Magic Tree AC 11, 20% miss chance, ☤ down 3 hp, 1 con damage

Party up!

The Battle Map is also at the top of the page & in my header.

Dark Archive

F Human Witch/4 HP 27/27 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +4/Ref +4/ Will +5 Init +4 Perc +2|Sense Motive +0|Active conditions: none

With a gesture, Ilarien lays a curse of ill luck onto the orange Majet! If her hex takes hold, she'll cackle to maintain it.

DC 15 Will save.


Orange misfortune Will DC 15, modifier added off screen: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Ilarien’s run of luck from her patron continues, as skeletal Majet succumbs to occult power.

Round #2/3:

Majet ☤ 34/35
Fate ☤ 27/28
Jaakko 32 - 5 - 5 - 7 = 15/32
Cade
--
AMS (green) sappy
Skelie Majet (orange) misfortune, cackled
Omandi Mil (pink) prone
--
Ilarien
Angry Magic Tree AC 11, 20% miss chance, ☤ down 3 hp, 1 con damage

AMT, Majet, Fate, Jaakko & Cade are go!

The Battle Map is also at the top of the page & in my header.

Dark Archive

Human Shaman~5 | HP: 34/34 | AC:17 (T:17/ff:10) | {F:+2|R:+1|W:+9} | Perception: +12 | Initiative: +10

Fate's visions shifts slightly as he stares deep into Omandi, looking for the threads to her soul. Believing he has the correct one, he asks the ancestors to funnel arcane energy into it.

Casting Scare. DC 16 Will save.

Liberty's Edge

Fighter 5 - HP 46/49, AC 21/T: 15/FF: 17 - Perception +8 - F: +7/ R: +6/ W: +5 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 20, Speed: 30, Init. +4

Cade moves along the orange line.

Cade moves to put himself between the casters and the skeletons, readying an attack for when a flank opportunity arises.

Kukri+1, PA, flank: 1d20 + 8 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 - 1 + 2 = 23
damage: 1d3 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7

Grand Lodge

NG Vine Leshy Bloodrager 4 | HP *56/56 | AC *13 T *10 FF *12 | CMB *+9, CMD 18 | F: *+11, R: +3, W: *+5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +0, Low-Light Vision, Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Rage: 10/13 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: Bloodrage, Blur

”Hah!” Angry Magic Tree follows the deadwood, yelling all the way.

”Meanie!”

Swish

”Chop!”

Greataxe, PA: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 12 - 2 = 24
Magic Adamantine Slashing damage, PA: 1d10 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 6 = 25

5-ft step and attack Green.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Gnome Swashbuckler (Mouser) 4 | HP 27/35 | AC 20 (+4 vs Giant subtype) T 15 FF 16 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +2*, R: +7*, W: +1* (+2 against illusions) | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft | Panache Pool 2/5; Charmed Life +3 3/3 |Low-Light Vision; Wayfinder | Active conditions: None |

Majet steps back, drawing an acid flask from her belt and tosses at the skeleton, hoping to dissolve it instead.

ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 acid damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

The swashbuckler tries to time it so none of her friends suffer from the splash effects.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Gunslinger [Myst.Stranger] 5/Oracle 1 hp 45/45 | AC 18/t15/ff14 CMD 21 | Fort 5, Ref 8, Will 5 +1 vs charm,compulsion| Init +6 | Spd 20 ft. (med. load) | Perception +9 | Grit pts 3/3

Jaakko maneuvers to other side of AMT and continues to attack withered plant.

+1 flail: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Omandi scare Will DC 16, modifier added off screen: 1d20 ⇒ 5

As if being shocked, defeated and slumped on the floor wasn’t enough, Omandi gets an eyeful of Fate’s unique features, stands, turns and begins hammering on the metal door again.

“ROMNUS, LET ME OUT! YOU CAN’T LEAVE ME IN HERE WITH … HIM!”

The flank Cade is waiting for never comes, though he manages to scrape the Majet skelie’s ribcage anyway with his kukri, doing minimal damage.

Knowing her own grain pretty well, AMT gets to the dead ♡ of AMS, leaving nothing but a stump when she’s finished splitting.

Having been destroyed by herself from either the future … or the past, the wooden corpse disappears in a *puff* of temporal logic (and sawdust).

Jaakko follows AMT’s lead but only gets a noseful of sawdust for his trouble.

Majet drops acid on her skeletal self. Although unintended, the splash affects Cade, though the halfling warrior (probably) accepts it as an occupational hazard.

Still in this fight, Majet’s skeleton ignores Cade and takes a 5’ step to engage Ilarien.

Orange longsword on Ilarien: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Orange longsword on Ilarien: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
slashing damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Round #3/4:

Majet ☤ 34/35
Fate ☤ 27/28
Jaakko 32 - 5 - 5 - 7 = 15/32
Cade ☤ 30/31
--
AMS (green)
Skelie Majet (orange) has taken damage, hp tracked off screen, cackle round of misfortune
Omandi Mil (pink) frightened + shaken
--
Ilarien 21 - 9 = 12/21
Angry Magic Tree AC 11, 20% miss chance, ☤ down 3 hp, 1 con damage

Party up!

The Battle Map is also at the top of the page & in my header.

GM screen:

Frightened: Characters who are frightened are shaken, and in addition they flee from the source of their fear as quickly as they can. They can choose the paths of their flight. Other than that stipulation, once they are out of sight (or hearing) of the source of their fear, they can act as they want. If the duration of their fear continues, however, characters can be forced to flee if the source of their fear presents itself again. Big ben characters unable to flee can fight (though they are still shaken).

Shaken: Characters who are shaken take a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.

scare

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Gunslinger [Myst.Stranger] 5/Oracle 1 hp 45/45 | AC 18/t15/ff14 CMD 21 | Fort 5, Ref 8, Will 5 +1 vs charm,compulsion| Init +6 | Spd 20 ft. (med. load) | Perception +9 | Grit pts 3/3

"That witch needs to be dealt with before she can cast spells, I'm gonna take down this skeleton first." Jaakko shouts while coughing blood

+1 flail: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Liberty's Edge

Fighter 5 - HP 46/49, AC 21/T: 15/FF: 17 - Perception +8 - F: +7/ R: +6/ W: +5 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 20, Speed: 30, Init. +4

"Right behind you Jaako!" yells Cade as he moves to finish the skeleton.

Assuming it's still up, TWF the skeleton.

+1 Kukri, PA, flank: 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 1 + 2 = 23
damage: 1d3 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8
Kukri, PA, flank: 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 1 + 2 = 23
damage: 1d3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 = 5

Dark Archive

F Human Witch/4 HP 27/27 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +4/Ref +4/ Will +5 Init +4 Perc +2|Sense Motive +0|Active conditions: none

Ilarien gasps in pain, but continues her disturbing tittering as she takes a short step back and recasts her defensive spell.


Jaakko and Cade combine to take down Majet’s calcium-rich doppelganger.

It disappears in a *puff* of glitter and rainbows.

✨ 🌈

The northern metal door slides open without warning, flooding the battlefield with harsh, artificial light from the passage beyond.

Through the glare you can see the green aura that surrounded Omandi (and the other Anchors) is gone.

Similarly, there is no sign of the entity ‘Romnus’ the witch was calling out to.

Everyone may make an immediate action sense motive DC 8:
There is no fight left in the broken Omandi.

She will flee if you let her.

Round #3/4:

Majet ☤ 34/35
Fate ☤ 27/28
Jaakko ☤ 15/32
Cade ☤ 30/31
--
AMS (green)
Skelie Majet (orange)
Omandi Mil (pink) frightened + shaken
--
Ilarien ☤ 12/21
Angry Magic Tree AC 11, 20% miss chance, ☤ down 3 hp, 1 con damage

AMT, Majet & Fate, what’cha doing?

The Battle Map is also at the top of the page & in my header.

Dark Archive

F Human Witch/4 HP 27/27 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +4/Ref +4/ Will +5 Init +4 Perc +2|Sense Motive +0|Active conditions: none

Untrained Sense Motive check: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Dark Archive

Human Shaman~5 | HP: 34/34 | AC:17 (T:17/ff:10) | {F:+2|R:+1|W:+9} | Perception: +12 | Initiative: +10

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

"Omandi's has no more appetite for this conflict. She poses no more threat at the moment. Let her flee so we may continue. There may be others who need our assistance."

Dark Archive

F Human Witch/4 HP 27/27 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +4/Ref +4/ Will +5 Init +4 Perc +2|Sense Motive +0|Active conditions: none

"As long as she's given up her temporal energy, let her go."

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Gnome Swashbuckler (Mouser) 4 | HP 27/35 | AC 20 (+4 vs Giant subtype) T 15 FF 16 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +2*, R: +7*, W: +1* (+2 against illusions) | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft | Panache Pool 2/5; Charmed Life +3 3/3 |Low-Light Vision; Wayfinder | Active conditions: None |

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Majet approaches Omandi, "Woman, who were you calling out to and what did you expect to happen?" The gnome is genuinely curious and also hoping there may be useful information to be obtained.

Grand Lodge

NG Vine Leshy Bloodrager 4 | HP *56/56 | AC *13 T *10 FF *12 | CMB *+9, CMD 18 | F: *+11, R: +3, W: *+5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +0, Low-Light Vision, Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Rage: 10/13 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: Bloodrage, Blur

”Okay...” Angry Magic Tree says, slowly lowering the axe to the ground. ”That... was fun!”


Majet approaches Omandi but is too slow to catch her. So to the witch’s fleeing back she wrote:
"Woman, who were you calling out to and what did you expect to happen?"

“Can’t talk. Fleeing.”

Majet:
You get the feeling you will never know …

Omandi Mil doesn’t even look back as she rushes through the open doorway, around a metal corner and out of sight.

= ANOTHER ANCHOR SUCCESS =

Following the depleted Anchor through the northern doorway, you find so many sterile, identical corridors that tracking her seems very unlikely.

Eventually your nose leads you back to the original Vault antechamber.

VC Kreighton Shaine is still elderly, but conscious and in good spirits. Of the Harbinger Alrune Shahan, there is no sign.

“Shahan, huh? Nope. Haven’t seen her.”

He frowns. “But let me get this straight -- you left me helpless in the care of a surrendered enemy agent??”

“Just Joey! Wouldn’t have happened in my day … By the way, nice rose, Agent Angry Magic Tree. Haven’t seen a blue ‘un in 500 years!”

The other difference in the Vault antechamber is the door against the western wall is now open …

"Someone is going to have to face the last and most important Anchor: the leader of the Harbingers of Fate. Do you think you're ready to face the Sky Key and Lady Arodeth?"

The Master of Scrolls trails behind you, not quite herding you towards the doorway. “It may be that you will have to fight ...”

“OR it may be that you of all groups, can make Lady Arodeth see reason."

He looks bemused. "I'm not the best at social situations. I get lost trying to figure out emotions. It's so much easier to study my scrolls and my history."

The elf suddenly looks his age. "Though I must admit, as excited as we ... I ... oh, this is sooooo confusing … as all of my various selves are to visit such a pivotal moment of history, I have no desire to STAY."

He shows you the door. “This is the final curtain. Break a leg, Pathfinders.”


Heavy walls and strange panels in this room all focus on the strange orrery in its center. Raised on a small dais, and separated from the rest of the room by a wide trench, the device oozes a thick, emerald light. The water in the surrounding trench *sparks* with little flashes of electrical energy. The air smells of ozone, like standing amid a roaring thunderstorm.

In the center of the room, standing on top of the dais, is a glowing green woman in a trance. Floating in the air around her are a clutch of crystalline balls, each depicting visions of her glowing green anchors and the Pathfinder groups wandering through the Azlanti town of Lacsuhnollo, 300 feet above your heads.

The two eastern corners of the control room host a lightning elemental. A third in the south-west accommodates a scowling green-tinged humanoid, with scaly wings sprouting from both shoulders.

Lady Arodeth has a wand in her hand, which she lowers as she opens her eyes. “I’ve been wondering who they would send to face me.”

Her tone is conversational. “The Society’s most potent mages? Their toughest warriors? Their most learned scholars? No ... They sent YOU.”

She raises an eyebrow as she calls through the short corridor you have been funnelled down. “Well-played, Master of Scrolls. You’re cannier than I thought. You did not send your most powerful agents. You sent the nicest.”

She studies you intently. “How does it feel, being the Pathfinder Society’s sacrificial lambs? Under other circumstances, I would have tried to recruit you. Most of you are strong in arm and conviction, or hold much potential in the arcane arts.”

She looks sad. “You could help me create a new world, one in which fate and prophecy MATTER. One where one can follow one’s destiny. A united community with a PLAN -- one that makes sense!”

She looks at you hopefully, with raised eyebrows.

If you’re socializing, please roll an appropriate social skill to accompany your roleplay.

Grand Lodge

NG Vine Leshy Bloodrager 4 | HP *56/56 | AC *13 T *10 FF *12 | CMB *+9, CMD 18 | F: *+11, R: +3, W: *+5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +0, Low-Light Vision, Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Rage: 10/13 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: Bloodrage, Blur

”But that’s boooooooooooring!!! Angry Magic Tree objects. ”If everybody does the same thing, then it’s frustrating and annoying and people get mad because they want to do other stuff. Right?” She turns to Fate for confirmation.

Diplomacy to Aid: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Dark Archive

Human Shaman~5 | HP: 34/34 | AC:17 (T:17/ff:10) | {F:+2|R:+1|W:+9} | Perception: +12 | Initiative: +10

"The leshy is right. By enacting this plan, you are stealing the free will of millions of others. You also have no idea as to the ramifications. By doing this, it is possible that the face of Galorian is irrevocable altered beyond recognition, and not for the better. As mortals, we have short comings. I believe your intentions are not malicious, but that does not mean there would not be consequences. Consequences that would have to be paid by an untold number of souls." Fate pauses a moment. "Please do not do this. It opens a door for anyone displeased with how their life turned out, that somehow one life, or a thousand lives, are more important and worthy than billions of others. No mortal should have that kind of power. It is too much, and we simply lack the vision to see and understand all of the possible outcomes. This path you walk can lead to infinite mistakes. So, I ask you once again to stop."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Diplomacy Reroll {AMT Aid}: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 27

Dark Archive

F Human Witch/4 HP 27/27 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +4/Ref +4/ Will +5 Init +4 Perc +2|Sense Motive +0|Active conditions: none

"I do sympathize with you in some ways--free will is messy, after all, and a challenge to good order--but you're failing to consider something else. How do you know that the god didn't relinquish his existence willingly? He may have been wise enough to foresee something beyond our capabilities, and the only way he could give his beloved humans a chance to survive was to leave us to grow up on our own. Every parent faces that inevitability. Would you have us be children forever?"

Diplomacy Aid Another: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Gunslinger [Myst.Stranger] 5/Oracle 1 hp 45/45 | AC 18/t15/ff14 CMD 21 | Fort 5, Ref 8, Will 5 +1 vs charm,compulsion| Init +6 | Spd 20 ft. (med. load) | Perception +9 | Grit pts 3/3

"Yeah, it would be very kind of you to carefully consider what my friends just said. Free will is not something us mortals should trifle with. Gods are ultimately in charge of our destinies, I think."

Diplomacy aid another: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Gnome Swashbuckler (Mouser) 4 | HP 27/35 | AC 20 (+4 vs Giant subtype) T 15 FF 16 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +2*, R: +7*, W: +1* (+2 against illusions) | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft | Panache Pool 2/5; Charmed Life +3 3/3 |Low-Light Vision; Wayfinder | Active conditions: None |

"My friends speak well but I would hear more from you about your intentions and goals. I think you misguided but the more we know the easier it may be to find a peaceful resolution and avoid more death, destruction and despair. There have been enough of those already."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Trying to establish other approaches that may help persuade her. If I need to roll a different skill to go with the socialising, please let me know.


Angry Magic Tree wrote:
”But that’s boooooooooooring!!!

“What? Are you three?”

Lady Arodeth’s mouth hangs open. “I’m talking about eliminating the suffering of untold thousands.”

“Just think about it: No Worldwound, no Chelish civil war, no House Thrune Triumphant, no destruction of the Sodden Lands’ twin civilizations by the Eye of Abendego.”

Fate wrote:
“You also have no idea as to the ramifications.”

She grimaces and exchanges glances with the winged human male behind her. “My apologies, Pathfinders. I haven’t introduced my Chief of Staff, Romnus Vagarti.”

She sweeps her arms to the front, clearly buying time to think. “And his loyal pets, Volte and Ohm.”

“Oh and don’t be afraid to move into the chamber, unless you prefer to remain in perfect lightning bolt formation.”

Her eyes narrow as she finally addresses Fate. "Oh, but the world -- prior to the death of Aroden -- was the very world that existed! That was meant to exist!"

"Why do you think the current age is called the Age of Lost Omens and not the Age of Glory? Because something went terribly, terribly WRONG when Aroden died. And now we need to set it right!"

Ilarien wrote:
"How do you know that the god didn't relinquish his existence willingly ..? Every parent faces that inevitability. Would you have us be children forever?"

“It’s a possibility, I suppose. But few parents choose to snuff it in order to make their kids to grow up. And even then, is the next generation of young adults really better off without the benefit of a loving role model in their life?”

Jaakko wrote:
“Free will is not something us mortals should trifle with. Gods are ultimately in charge of our destinies, I think."

“Like the god of Humanity you mean? I agree. So let’s bring Him back!”


Majet Quintek wrote:
"My friends speak well but I would hear more from you about your intentions and goals. I think you misguided but the more we know the easier it may be to find a peaceful resolution and avoid more death, destruction and despair. There have been enough of those already."

“I think that’s sensible. In a nutshell, the argument boils down to: Is Golarion a ‘better place’ with Aroden, the Savior of Humanity or without Him.”

Her eyes glitter with fanaticism, though they also hold a touch of doubt. “I say ‘With.’”

You have been more persuasive with your Diplomacy than Lady Arodeth is prepared to admit.

It's time to try some other skills to convince her:

To do so, you must succeed at ANOTHER Four (4) different skill checks.

You can use the following skills in order to persuade Lady Arodeth away from her destructive path, rekindle her sense of duty, or recall some of the beauty in the world despite the absence of fate and prophecy:

• Bluff
• Sense Motive
(I have noted Majet's roll)
• Heal
• Knowledge (history, nobility, or religion)
• Perform (any)
• Profession (any), and
(perhaps surprisingly) Craft (clothing)

You cannot use the same skill more than once, though other PCs can use that skill. Aid another is permitted.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Gnome Swashbuckler (Mouser) 4 | HP 27/35 | AC 20 (+4 vs Giant subtype) T 15 FF 16 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +2*, R: +7*, W: +1* (+2 against illusions) | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft | Panache Pool 2/5; Charmed Life +3 3/3 |Low-Light Vision; Wayfinder | Active conditions: None |

Craft (clothing)!! Really ?!? Are you just messing with me?

Majet starts pulling out lengths of fabric as she approaches, "Well whatever the outcome, it would do us well to look our best. Grand march of the conquerer, last appearance at your funeral, welcome presentation of a negotiated peace, a bit of sprucing up would help any of us. Let me start with you ..."

Craft Clothing: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Majet watches closely for the flash in the eyes that indicates she just found the exact right fabric.

Dark Archive

F Human Witch/4 HP 27/27 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +4/Ref +4/ Will +5 Init +4 Perc +2|Sense Motive +0|Active conditions: none

Ilarien strokes her chin thoughtfully. "Tell me more about how you came to be leader of the Harbingers. Your singular drive is impressive--what put you on this path?"

Heal check (assuming that I can't use the kit bonus for psychoanalysis): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Liberty's Edge

Fighter 5 - HP 46/49, AC 21/T: 15/FF: 17 - Perception +8 - F: +7/ R: +6/ W: +5 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 20, Speed: 30, Init. +4
Lady Aroden wrote:
"Why do you think the current age is called the Age of Lost Omens and not the Age of Glory? Because something went terribly, terribly WRONG when Aroden died. And now we need to set it right!"

"What exactly did you lose that that you're so desperate to get back? Because if you were truly acting for humanity's benevolence, you wouldn't have cut down so many just to get your way. So what are you really after?"

Grand Lodge

NG Vine Leshy Bloodrager 4 | HP *56/56 | AC *13 T *10 FF *12 | CMB *+9, CMD 18 | F: *+11, R: +3, W: *+5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +0, Low-Light Vision, Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Rage: 10/13 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: Bloodrage, Blur
Lady Arodeth wrote:
“What? Are you three?”

”No, more like...” Angry Magic Tree pauses to count on his leaves. ”Two and a half. Oh, did you mean years and not centuries? I forgot human flesh people don’t live very long - which could explain why they can’t see the forest for the trees. Don’t you agree?” He turns to Jaakko for confirmation, a wink in his eye.

Bluff to Aid: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Gunslinger [Myst.Stranger] 5/Oracle 1 hp 45/45 | AC 18/t15/ff14 CMD 21 | Fort 5, Ref 8, Will 5 +1 vs charm,compulsion| Init +6 | Spd 20 ft. (med. load) | Perception +9 | Grit pts 3/3

"Totally agree, we humans are quite shortsighted sometimes. But let's imagine you actually succeed bringing Aroden back. What happens if he isn't who you thought him to be? What if his actions conflict with yours?" Jaakko winks back at AMT

Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Dark Archive

Human Shaman~5 | HP: 34/34 | AC:17 (T:17/ff:10) | {F:+2|R:+1|W:+9} | Perception: +12 | Initiative: +10

"The fallacy of your argument is that a mortal knows and understands the workings, thoughts and intensions of a GOD. It is that kind of hubris that has led to the deaths of countless lives since the dawn of time."

Religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Majet watched closely for the flash in the eyes that indicates she just found the exact right fabric, when she wrote:
“Well whatever the outcome, it would do us well to look our best.”

“No … No … HELLS NO! Do you really think fluorescent pink with burnt orange polka-squares is my look?”

“No … N..wait. Show me that black silk again.”

Lady Arodeth runs the sleek material between index finger and thumb, before clasping three fingers to her open mouth.

“OMG A! I wore a dress made from exactly this stuff to Aroden’s Funeral in Absalom.”

She stares back at all of you. “Do you know what this means? Aroden DOES die! All this trouble the Harbingers of Fate have gone to is for naught.”

“But perhaps most important of all:
“I’ve found a new dress-maker!”

There will be more …


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dr Ilarien wrote:
"Tell me more about how you came to be leader of the Harbingers. Your singular drive is impressive--what put you on this path?"

“Well, Daddy was always busy scouting out new business ventures with his latest private secretary and valet. He was very rarely home.”

“So Mummy had to see to the estate and all of the menials. The little pills she took really seemed to help.”

“And a girl couldn’t ask for better brothers than Godfrey and L'Amoreaux. A couple of right smashers! Always off in the country hunting and fishing, except when Daddy was showing them the accounts and whatnot.”

“So from an early age I suppose you could say I was a self-starter. Popularity came naturally to me, so I sought a means to harness my natural gifts for the betterment of humanity. Noble politics and mercantile endeavors never interested me. Despite their talk, all the players are only in it for themselves. And besides, I was thinking waaaay bigger than that!”

Self-loathing eats at me like a gnawing demon. I have been put down and trodden on by everyone and I've done the same back just to protect myself. Any moment of innocence and joy was used against me, and nothing will ever be good enough for Mummy!

“So where my love for humanity crossed paths with my spiritual guide The Last Azlanti, I found a calling in the Harbingers of Fate where I thought I could make a real difference to people’s lives.”

“And as you know, the rest is history.”

I want to stride through the Ascendant Court of Absalom as consort to Aroden, while crowds fall silent in fawning awe. And I want Mummy to witness the entire scene.

Bluff + Religion to come.


Jaakko Varpunen wrote:
"But let's imagine you actually succeed in bringing Aroden back. What happens if he isn't who you thought him to be?"

Lady Arodeth drops her forehead onto an open hand, and sneaks a second look at Romnus, her chief advisor.

Fate wrote:
"It is that kind of hubris that has led to the deaths of countless lives since the dawn of time."

“I want to believe the world will be so much better with Aroden in it … But you’re right. There are no guarantees in this world or the next.”

She closes her eyes. St Arazni once said, ‘There are more tears shed over answered prayers than unanswered ones.’”

😣

Then Lady Arodeth opens her eyes and *cracks* her knuckles. “Pathfinders, I apologize for the actions of my Harbingers and myself.”

“I think I should consult with your Master of Scrolls to see if we can work out a way to undo the damage I’ve caused, and get everyone back to the present.”

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

**HOUSE GM ANNOUNCEMENT**

The asteroid looms impossibly large overhead, and the air grows stiflingly hot as the world itself begins to rumble. High overhead, the dome of green energy shudders, twists, and finally shatters, and Pathfinders’ bodies begin melting into flowing particles as the world slips away.

Just as quickly, you stumble as Bloodwatered Meadow coalesces beneath your feet, as it does for countless other Society agents. The wildflowers bob lazily in the wind, and nothing but a few still bodies stand as testament to the bloodshed and struggle of the past five hours. Kreighton Shaine, looking several years older, staggers to his feet and gives a nervous chuckle before climbing up a small knoll and waving his arms for the crowd’s attention.

“What we have all witnessed here today has been a remarkably journey that included sights no living soul on Golarion has witnessed. The Sky Key has allowed us to walk among the serpentfolk and Azlanti, gazing upon several of the greatest events to shape Golarion and the region that would one day become the Inner Sea. Let the catastrophe that we witnessed and narrowly escaped humble us and teach us so that we might find value in preserving the messages and wisdom those lost people may have left behind for us to discover. I think we all have some responsibility to remember those who passed so that our modern world can exist.

“You have all observed great things and have notes to share. This much is certain. But for now, let us… let us simply take a few days to reflect. The Society, I imagine, will send agents to collect your notes and interview you about your experiences. Until then, find your families and loved ones, as I know I shall. Failing that, find some passion that ties you to the here and now, and embrace it.

“We survived, Pathfinders. I am proud of your unrivaled accomplishment!”

That’s the end! GMs, the house reached the Unrivaled Accomplishment level for determining boons. Thank you to everyone for playing, and especially to our hard-working GMs who put a lot of work into making this special happen.

351 to 390 of 390 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] Your Sky Key Solution All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.