[GM Wolffauer] SFS 2-06: The Stumbling Society, Part 1: Sangoro's Lament (Inactive)

Game Master Wolffauer

Maps and Handouts


251 to 300 of 369 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Wayfinders

Male Korasha Lashunta Icon Operative (Daredevil) 5 SP 15/40 HP 34/34 RP 7/7 | KAC 22 EAC 20 | Saves F+3 R+9 W+3 | Initiative +7; Perception +9 | Pistol rounds: 12/12 Static Arc pistol: 18/20 | Status: N/A

Faraeon grabs one of the knives and turns the blade one way and the other to look it over. "If you don't mind, I think I'll hang onto one of these." He moves his survival knife into his pack and slips the tactical knifes sheath onto his belt.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

CG Halfling Icon Operative (8) | SP 64, HP 50 (Resist 5 Acid/Cold/Fire) | EAC 25, KAC 26 (Uncanny Agility) | Fort +6, Ref +15, Will +8 (Evasion; Reroll failed Reflex; +2 vs Poison/Disease/Fear/Spells/SLAs) | Perception +17 (Low-light; Darkvision 60 ft.) | Initiative +9 | Speed 40 ft. (Mk 2 Force Soles) | Resolve 9/10 | See Profile for Skills/Attacks

Lily initially flinches when no traps go off. Quiet as a mouse, she reaches for one of the advanced semi-auto pistols, and holsters her static arc pistol (which she sets back to stun).

"Gotta be quiet... but... this isn't... they'll know we're coming. So... Gotta be quick."

Wayfinders

Envoy-6: EAC 19; KAC 19; resit fire&cold/5; Perc +9; SM +7(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +7; SP 40/40; HP 53/53; RP 8/8; Envoy

Looking around anxiously, Kultanien holds out her hand and hold Jopsies.

"We shouldn't let those sounds get on our nerves.." she says, although her darting eyes indicate it may be a little too late.

"Quite a trove of equipment though, but still not a lot to tell us what happened here. We must press on.."

That doesn't stop her pausing to fit the deflector upgrade.

"Come on people, we need to stick together."


S2-08 | S2-00

Waiting on input from Freen and Sunshine. Otherwise we'll go forward per Arratoi's suggestion

Wayfinders

Male Rhyphorian Technomancer 6; SP 42/42, HP 34/34, RP 4/7; EAC 19, KAC 20, Mobility; F +6, R +6, W +7; Resist cold 5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +13, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Slots used: 2nd (1), 1st (4)

His anxiety amplified by the eldritch effect, Sunshine leaps at the opportunity to upgrade his armor. "Nobody watch, I'm changing!"

Presently wearing a d-suit I, so I'm all over this upgrade and forcefield.

Plan, I agree with Arratoi, but let's hit 3 first since we're already in the adjacent room. Then we'll double back to 2, then 1.

Fully fitted in the new armor, Sunshine arms his plasma fork and nods to the unopened door.


SP 30/42 HP 46/46 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | DR 5/- Resist 5 Cold, Fire | Fort +2; Ref +9; Will +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +14, SM: +13, Comp +15, Eng +15 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

I support Arrotoi.


S2-08 | S2-00

The quick trip back to the commander's office to disable the lockdown is uneventful. You return to the locker room and as expected the security door is unlocked.

Door 3
Three large workbenches line the walls of this storage room. Weapons in various states of disassembly and modification line the workbenches. Most, but not all of them, look inoperable.

Searching through the equipment you do find a squad machine gun and a triple focus rifle. The squad machine gun has a grenadier bracket mounted with a modified squad NIL grenade launcher that is loaded with two frag grenades III and two incendiary grenades III.

Moving on, you head back through the scorched lab.

Door 2
Storage compartments line the west and north walls of this room. The heavy security door seems to have protected the room’s contents from the fire which destroyed the adjacent laboratory.

The storage containers here hold an advanced medkit, four mk 2 serums of healing, a minor apocalypse crystal, a mk 1 adaptive defense module, a single cybernetic arm, and a moonflower lightgraft.

Life Science - Moonflower Lightgraft - DC 22:
You recognizes the moonflower lightgraft as a biotech augmentation derived from moonflower tissue. You recall that moonflowers are massive plant creatures that use telepathy and reproduce by eating other creatures. Many xenobotanists study moonflower reproduction for its cloning applications.

Door 1
Dead vidscreens and unblinking computer panels fill this room. Something squeals and scratches incessantly from beneath the computers on the north wall.

Acquisitives

Male CN Ysoki Envoy 7 | SP 49/49 HP 44/44 | RP 9/9 | EAC 20 KAC 20 | Fort +5; Ref +8; Will +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10, SM: +8+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: jetpack (20/20)

"Wow, this place really IS an armory."

As usual, Arratoi will pick up any items that the rest of the team does not use. In particular, if no one else will hold onto the grenades, Arratoi will keep them handy.

Arratoi attempts to figure out what that squealing and scratching is...
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Wayfinders

Male Rhyphorian Technomancer 6; SP 42/42, HP 34/34, RP 4/7; EAC 19, KAC 20, Mobility; F +6, R +6, W +7; Resist cold 5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +13, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Slots used: 2nd (1), 1st (4)

Life Science (uneasy): 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 14 - 2 = 15

Sunshine walks carefully alongside his teammates, eyes darting around in search of the rat sounds. Finding nothing, he positions himself opposite the next unopened door.

Wayfinders

Male Korasha Lashunta Icon Operative (Daredevil) 5 SP 15/40 HP 34/34 RP 7/7 | KAC 22 EAC 20 | Saves F+3 R+9 W+3 | Initiative +7; Perception +9 | Pistol rounds: 12/12 Static Arc pistol: 18/20 | Status: N/A

Room 3

In the first storage room, Faraeon picks up the focus rifle and turns it over in his hands. "Lily, Freen? Either of you care much to use this thing? I'm uh...I'm feeling more and more comfortable with the idea of staying in the back in case we run into some trouble."

Room 2

His eyes darting warily from the gear in the storage compartments in the next room to the doors and corners of the room, Faraeon stammers out his appreciation for all the gear the installation seems to have on hand. "They were pretty well kitted out down here, huh? Guess it didn't do 'em much good though. Seeing as they're all dead now or whatever..."

Room 1

When the team enters the room full of dead vidscreens, Faraeon keeps his guns trained on the source of the scratching noise behind the walls. "Anybody else feel like seeing how many holes we'd have to put in that wall to make that noise stop?"


S2-08 | S2-00

Room 1
Arratoi locates a compartment beneath the computer consoles on the north wall that seems to be the source of most of the squealing and scratching sounds.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

CG Halfling Icon Operative (8) | SP 64, HP 50 (Resist 5 Acid/Cold/Fire) | EAC 25, KAC 26 (Uncanny Agility) | Fort +6, Ref +15, Will +8 (Evasion; Reroll failed Reflex; +2 vs Poison/Disease/Fear/Spells/SLAs) | Perception +17 (Low-light; Darkvision 60 ft.) | Initiative +9 | Speed 40 ft. (Mk 2 Force Soles) | Resolve 9/10 | See Profile for Skills/Attacks

"We should... we should take this all back to the rover. In case we... in case we have to get out of here fast. At some point."

I don't think anyone here is "strong", so carrying it all throughout the rest of the complex isn't feasible.

Wayfinders

Male Rhyphorian Technomancer 6; SP 42/42, HP 34/34, RP 4/7; EAC 19, KAC 20, Mobility; F +6, R +6, W +7; Resist cold 5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +13, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Slots used: 2nd (1), 1st (4)
GM Wolffauer wrote:

Room 1

Arratoi locates a compartment beneath the computer consoles on the north wall that seems to be the source of most of the squealing and scratching sounds.

In that case, can we search the compartment where the scratching is coming from?


S2-08 | S2-00
"Sunshine" Korvin wrote:
In that case, can we search the compartment where the scratching is coming from?

Certainly

Wayfinders

Envoy-6: EAC 19; KAC 19; resit fire&cold/5; Perc +9; SM +7(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +7; SP 40/40; HP 53/53; RP 8/8; Envoy

Kultanien nods to the others.

"If we pile them up near the door, we can collect the bulkier bits on the way out..."

She nods at Sunshine's suggestion about finding the source of the scrabbling sounds.

"They really have me unnerved..."

Though I suspect we won't have any luck if it is a ghost of some type.

Acquisitives

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CN Ysoki Envoy 7 | SP 49/49 HP 44/44 | RP 9/9 | EAC 20 KAC 20 | Fort +5; Ref +8; Will +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10, SM: +8+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: jetpack (20/20)
So "Lily" Quy wrote:
I don't think anyone here is "strong", so carrying it all throughout the rest of the complex isn't feasible.

I didn't do the total bulk tally up but Arratoi is carrying a null space chamber. We can throw excess stuff in there, I think?


SP 30/42 HP 46/46 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | DR 5/- Resist 5 Cold, Fire | Fort +2; Ref +9; Will +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +14, SM: +13, Comp +15, Eng +15 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

Free angrily walks over and aggressively takes the rifle. He grumbles something under his breath but readies the new rifle.


S2-08 | S2-00

Prepared for anything you open the compartment. There you find a small stone idol in a nest of frayed wires and gnawed computer chips.

Culture or Mysticism - Idol - DC 18:
You recognize that the idol is shaped like a symbol of Lao Shu Po, goddess of assassins, rats, spies, and thieves.

Suddenly the eerie noises cease. Static fills the room's vidscreens, and a swarm of spectral rats spews from the screens to attack you.

Init Kultanien: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Init Faraeon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Init Lily: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Init Sunshine: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Init Freen: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Init Arratoi: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Init GM: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

From every angle they attack you, scratching and gnawing with their digital claws and teeth. Never misses, no saves

Rat damage: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 2) = 12 (E & P) Freen takes 5 less due to his DR

This is not a normal combat. The rats are immune at all attacks and magic. Instead you must ward them off via skill checks (Computers, Engineering or Mysticism). You can try going after the idol as well.

Damage listed includes unhealed damage from the spores

Status wrote:

[u]Round 1[/u]

Digital Swarm
Lily -- 21 dmg
Kultanien -- 25 dmg
Arratoi -- 12 dmg
Freen -- 9 dmg
Sunshine -- 12 dmg
Faraeon -- 12 dmg

Wayfinders

Male Korasha Lashunta Icon Operative (Daredevil) 5 SP 15/40 HP 34/34 RP 7/7 | KAC 22 EAC 20 | Saves F+3 R+9 W+3 | Initiative +7; Perception +9 | Pistol rounds: 12/12 Static Arc pistol: 18/20 | Status: N/A

My initiative wasn't all that great anyway, but just a reminder that I should get an auto-1 on initiative checks thanks to being Distressed

Culture, distressed: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 13 - 4 = 10

Faraeon's head tilts to the side as he sees the idol among the wires, "What the pronk is th---WHAT THE PRONK ARE THOSE?!" The spectral rats suddenly explode out from the vidscreens, and Faraeon instinctively goes for the only physical source of all this insanity he can think of in the room: the idol.

Advanced Semi-auto, mwf: 1d20 + 9 - 3 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 3 = 19 Damage (F&P): 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 5) + 2 = 12
Static arc pistol, mwf: 1d20 + 9 - 3 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 3 = 24 Damage (E): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


S2-08 | S2-00

Yeah, I failed to adjust all your inits... No real effect in this case, but I'll update my source.

Wayfinders

Male Rhyphorian Technomancer 6; SP 42/42, HP 34/34, RP 4/7; EAC 19, KAC 20, Mobility; F +6, R +6, W +7; Resist cold 5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +13, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Slots used: 2nd (1), 1st (4)

Culture (uneasy): 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 14 - 2 = 18

Sunshine starts as the static rats bite into his armor. "Mother of rats! This idol is the source! Bring it down, I'll try to hold them off!" He leaps over to the interface and starts trying to shut off the screens.

Not sure how action economy will work here. Will try Computers to hold off the rats. If a standard action is allowed as well, will cast supercharge weapon from my cache on Faraeon's advanced semi-auto.

Computers (uneasy): 1d20 + 16 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 16 - 2 = 34

Acquisitives

Male CN Ysoki Envoy 7 | SP 49/49 HP 44/44 | RP 9/9 | EAC 20 KAC 20 | Fort +5; Ref +8; Will +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10, SM: +8+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: jetpack (20/20)

Culture: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 13 - 4 = 13

"Fascinating...absolutely fascinating...." says Arratoi as he tries to work out what's going on....

Engineering: 1d20 + 15 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 15 - 4 = 26


S2-08 | S2-00

One of Faraeon's attacks gets through, but seems to do no damage. Hit, but didn't overcome hardness

Sunshine is not only able to access the computers to hold off the swarm, but also manages to cut off their connection to the network. The stone idol crumbles into synthetic dust, and the swarm of rats vanished.

Was a DC 28 to sever the network connection vs DC 22 to just hold them off for a round. Otherwise it would be a standard action for the skill checks.

When the idol is destroyed, you all feel less paranoid. The curse effects have all been removed.

With the threat gone, and everyone feeling much better you explore this room a bit more. You find a recessed wall compartment labeled “Emergencies Only.” It contains a guarded salamander-class flamethrower and three mk 2 rings of resistance.

Any SP recovery you wish to do, or equipping new stuff can happen here before moving on.
--

Passing through the eastern door leads you to a decontamination chamber. Vents, pipes, and showerheads line the walls of this room. A quick inspection reviews that none of them are currently working.

Two doors to the south both lead to a large room. A massive, octagonal grav-elevator platform occupies the center of this room. Four banks of computers are accessible from the platform. To the east, a twenty-foot-wide airlock door stands partially open. An empty vehicle hangar is visible on the other side. The vidscreens display the following option: “SELECT DESTINATION. L1—Main Level. L2—Primary Containment. Notice: L3—Depot on lockdown.”

The hangar bay to the east is mysteriously empty, much like the surface structures above. Farther east, wide driveways—big enough for ground and flight vehicles—lead 1 mile away to the hangar's surface entrance. Outside the scope of this adventure

I've put everyone on the map - feel free to rearrange, but stay on the elevator for when you are ready to hit the primary Arsenal.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

CG Halfling Icon Operative (8) | SP 64, HP 50 (Resist 5 Acid/Cold/Fire) | EAC 25, KAC 26 (Uncanny Agility) | Fort +6, Ref +15, Will +8 (Evasion; Reroll failed Reflex; +2 vs Poison/Disease/Fear/Spells/SLAs) | Perception +17 (Low-light; Darkvision 60 ft.) | Initiative +9 | Speed 40 ft. (Mk 2 Force Soles) | Resolve 9/10 | See Profile for Skills/Attacks

Lily stayed hidden in the corner when the rats arrived. She had never experienced such fear before. With the idol destroyed, her transformation is like night turned to day.

Spend 1 Resolve to recover all Stamina; Resolve at 9/10

"How's everyone feeling? My head is a lot clearer... Anyone care for some gummi snacks?"

She produces a crinkly plastic bag of Strawberry Machine Cake gummi snacks in the shapes of the band members.

Diplomacy to boost morale ^_^: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (20) + 18 = 38

Wayfinders

Envoy-6: EAC 19; KAC 19; resit fire&cold/5; Perc +9; SM +7(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +7; SP 40/40; HP 53/53; RP 8/8; Envoy

Kultanien gasps as the spectral rats attack. And then gives a nod of thanks for Sunshine for his quick resolution of it.

"If it is okay with the rest of you, I think Jopsie and I could do with a quick rest after that."

The white coated Jopsie, face even paler than normal nods silently, her clipboard hanging loose in her shaking hands.

While the golden girl shakes her head at the snacks, Jopsie's hand reaches out to accept one, although from her expression it is kind of unclear about how she thinks they taste.

After a short break, Kultanien suggests

"I am thinking that the primary containment area maybe where we need to go next. Especially if that Depot is still on lockdown."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

CG Halfling Icon Operative (8) | SP 64, HP 50 (Resist 5 Acid/Cold/Fire) | EAC 25, KAC 26 (Uncanny Agility) | Fort +6, Ref +15, Will +8 (Evasion; Reroll failed Reflex; +2 vs Poison/Disease/Fear/Spells/SLAs) | Perception +17 (Low-light; Darkvision 60 ft.) | Initiative +9 | Speed 40 ft. (Mk 2 Force Soles) | Resolve 9/10 | See Profile for Skills/Attacks

"Who do you think placed that idol there? A saboteur from the inside? It's just such a strange thing to find here."

Wayfinders

Male Rhyphorian Technomancer 6; SP 42/42, HP 34/34, RP 4/7; EAC 19, KAC 20, Mobility; F +6, R +6, W +7; Resist cold 5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +13, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Slots used: 2nd (1), 1st (4)

Sunshine blinks a couple times. "Huh. I feel...normal. Computers, man. Better than magic sometimes."

Taking a rest for 1 RP.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
SP 30/42 HP 46/46 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | DR 5/- Resist 5 Cold, Fire | Fort +2; Ref +9; Will +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +14, SM: +13, Comp +15, Eng +15 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

Before he even has a chance to react it is over and he feels fine.

Freen seems to relax significantly, but stays silent and keeps to himself as they rest.

1RP

Wayfinders

Male Korasha Lashunta Icon Operative (Daredevil) 5 SP 15/40 HP 34/34 RP 7/7 | KAC 22 EAC 20 | Saves F+3 R+9 W+3 | Initiative +7; Perception +9 | Pistol rounds: 12/12 Static Arc pistol: 18/20 | Status: N/A

”Man you’re not wrong!” Faraeon says, stretching his arms toward the ceiling and taking a long breath. ”I feel like a whole new person with that idol destroyed! Sorry I was such a pill before, everyone. I wonder if one of those rings would help me avoid that again...”

Taking one of the rings of resistance to boost my sorely lacking will save! Also taking 10 and spending 1 RP to recover SP.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

CG Halfling Icon Operative (8) | SP 64, HP 50 (Resist 5 Acid/Cold/Fire) | EAC 25, KAC 26 (Uncanny Agility) | Fort +6, Ref +15, Will +8 (Evasion; Reroll failed Reflex; +2 vs Poison/Disease/Fear/Spells/SLAs) | Perception +17 (Low-light; Darkvision 60 ft.) | Initiative +9 | Speed 40 ft. (Mk 2 Force Soles) | Resolve 9/10 | See Profile for Skills/Attacks

Lily only has 1 magic item, so if nobody wants the remaining ring, she'll take it.

@Faraeon: for an Operative, it will boost your Fort save.

Acquisitives

Male CN Ysoki Envoy 7 | SP 49/49 HP 44/44 | RP 9/9 | EAC 20 KAC 20 | Fort +5; Ref +8; Will +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10, SM: +8+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: jetpack (20/20)

Arratoi takes a rest.
Considering all the heavy weaponry we've been aquiring, anyone else get the feeling we're about to face something.... big???


S2-08 | S2-00

Everyone in position and good to go?


SP 30/42 HP 46/46 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | DR 5/- Resist 5 Cold, Fire | Fort +2; Ref +9; Will +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +14, SM: +13, Comp +15, Eng +15 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

yup

Acquisitives

Male CN Ysoki Envoy 7 | SP 49/49 HP 44/44 | RP 9/9 | EAC 20 KAC 20 | Fort +5; Ref +8; Will +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10, SM: +8+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: jetpack (20/20)

Yes, ready to go!

Wayfinders

Male Rhyphorian Technomancer 6; SP 42/42, HP 34/34, RP 4/7; EAC 19, KAC 20, Mobility; F +6, R +6, W +7; Resist cold 5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +13, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Slots used: 2nd (1), 1st (4)

If no one objects, Sunshine will drink a serum of adaptation we found before entering. Otherwise should be good to go, excited to put this angel laser rifle to more use.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

CG Halfling Icon Operative (8) | SP 64, HP 50 (Resist 5 Acid/Cold/Fire) | EAC 25, KAC 26 (Uncanny Agility) | Fort +6, Ref +15, Will +8 (Evasion; Reroll failed Reflex; +2 vs Poison/Disease/Fear/Spells/SLAs) | Perception +17 (Low-light; Darkvision 60 ft.) | Initiative +9 | Speed 40 ft. (Mk 2 Force Soles) | Resolve 9/10 | See Profile for Skills/Attacks

Lily quickly drinks Tier 1 Antitoxin before leveling her new pistol at the exit of the elevator.

Note to self: 3 remaining.

Wayfinders

Male Korasha Lashunta Icon Operative (Daredevil) 5 SP 15/40 HP 34/34 RP 7/7 | KAC 22 EAC 20 | Saves F+3 R+9 W+3 | Initiative +7; Perception +9 | Pistol rounds: 12/12 Static Arc pistol: 18/20 | Status: N/A

Faraeon will also drink one of the serums of adaptation. He will take one of the rings of resistance (with the recognition that it'll count toward Fortitude, since I could use the help there as well!)
Otherwise I'm all set!

Wayfinders

Envoy-6: EAC 19; KAC 19; resit fire&cold/5; Perc +9; SM +7(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +7; SP 40/40; HP 53/53; RP 8/8; Envoy

Kultanien does her bit by hefting the salamander class flame thrower.

"Hopefully we won't need this beauty, but if there are swarms of things or areas that need clearing or more spores... it might be handy."

Acquisitives

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CN Ysoki Envoy 7 | SP 49/49 HP 44/44 | RP 9/9 | EAC 20 KAC 20 | Fort +5; Ref +8; Will +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10, SM: +8+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: jetpack (20/20)

Arratoi looks over the unclaimed equipment and in doing so, slips on the efficient bandolier, then stows the two frag grenades III and two incendiary grenades III into the bandolier. Arratoi examines the unclaimed tactical knife and advanced semi-auto pistol, double-checking to ensure they're of better quality than what he's currently carrying.

Once satisfied, Arratoi stores the knife into the bandolier and keeps the pistol in hand as the team prepares to descend.

Feeling bolstered with his new weaponry, Arratoi flashes a thumbs up and a wide grin to the party. "Ready to rock!!"


SP 30/42 HP 46/46 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | DR 5/- Resist 5 Cold, Fire | Fort +2; Ref +9; Will +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +14, SM: +13, Comp +15, Eng +15 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

Freen stands, warms up his new rifle, and takes a ready stance.


S2-08 | S2-00

Kultanien hits the button for L2, and the floor slowly falls away from the room. As the grav-elevator descends, airlocks whoosh open to allow it to pass, then shut behind it. After a few minutes, one of the dormant screens flickers to life, showing a grainy image of a stark-white ysoki in a well-cut gray business suit. See slides She waves and says, “Hey, Starfinders! I assume you’re Starfinders. Who else would make it this far? I’m Datch. Maybe we’ve met? Ha! This is pre-recorded, so I have no idea. Anyway, not sure I can put this nicely. My team beat you to it. Don’t worry, we left a bite for you. There are some excellent specimens down there!” The ysoki munches on an apple, making a scene of enjoying her snack. A warning light near the screen begins flashing, and an electronic voice says, “Warning: Xenobiological threats detected. Containment breach. Warning…”

The ysoki gulps down her apple and says, “I hope you enjoy this research opportunity. Be seeing you!” The ysoki walks off camera, then back on a few seconds later. “If you survive, that is. On the off-chance things get out of hand, we’ve rigged the containment protocols to help, and activated the base’s self-destruct sequence.” She glances briefly off camera, “Hey, did we remember to activate the self-destruct sequence?” She shrugs and winks, “I’ll get back to you.”

The screen shuts off, and an airlock above slams shut. The grav-elevator descends to the center of a vast chamber with four large containment cells, all of them open. Bulging vines twist along the walls and floor, connecting large, pulsating masses of misshapen bones, sinew, rot, and tumors. Three-foot-diameter spheres stand on raised platforms, one at each corner of the elevator. They begin to glow.

“…Warning. Emergency lift shutoff. Initiating threat neutralization protocol.”

From the vines in the northern containment cell emerges some sort of plant creature. It doesn't seem pleased to see you. See slides. Life Science DC 27 to identify

Init Kultanien: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Init Faraeon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Init Lily: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Init Sunshine: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Init Freen: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Init Arratoi: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Init GM: 1d20 ⇒ 6

New map is up. First actions to you.

Status wrote:

[u]Round 1[/u]

Faraeon
Lily
Arratoi
Freen
Kultanien
Sunshine
Plant creature

Wayfinders

Male Korasha Lashunta Icon Operative (Daredevil) 5 SP 15/40 HP 34/34 RP 7/7 | KAC 22 EAC 20 | Saves F+3 R+9 W+3 | Initiative +7; Perception +9 | Pistol rounds: 12/12 Static Arc pistol: 18/20 | Status: N/A

Can I identify what's going on with those orbs? Is there a way to keep them from killing us/get them to help us?


S2-08 | S2-00

Yes, you can make a computer check from the elevator computer terminals.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

CG Halfling Icon Operative (8) | SP 64, HP 50 (Resist 5 Acid/Cold/Fire) | EAC 25, KAC 26 (Uncanny Agility) | Fort +6, Ref +15, Will +8 (Evasion; Reroll failed Reflex; +2 vs Poison/Disease/Fear/Spells/SLAs) | Perception +17 (Low-light; Darkvision 60 ft.) | Initiative +9 | Speed 40 ft. (Mk 2 Force Soles) | Resolve 9/10 | See Profile for Skills/Attacks

Will wait for someone to ID before acting.

"What IS that??"

Wayfinders

Male Korasha Lashunta Icon Operative (Daredevil) 5 SP 15/40 HP 34/34 RP 7/7 | KAC 22 EAC 20 | Saves F+3 R+9 W+3 | Initiative +7; Perception +9 | Pistol rounds: 12/12 Static Arc pistol: 18/20 | Status: N/A

"Sunshine! You wanna check out those computers? See if maybe we can turn those orbs to help us out? I'm gonna be busy doing some gardening!" The lashunta flips and tumbles behind one of the terminals, raises his semi-automatic pistol, and fires off a round at the plant creature.

Trick attack - Acrobatics: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (16) + 18 = 34
Semi auto pistol: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 Damage (F&P): 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1) + 2 = 5
Trick damage: 3d8 ⇒ (2, 2, 5) = 9

Target is flat-footed vs all allies until start of my next turn

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

CG Halfling Icon Operative (8) | SP 64, HP 50 (Resist 5 Acid/Cold/Fire) | EAC 25, KAC 26 (Uncanny Agility) | Fort +6, Ref +15, Will +8 (Evasion; Reroll failed Reflex; +2 vs Poison/Disease/Fear/Spells/SLAs) | Perception +17 (Low-light; Darkvision 60 ft.) | Initiative +9 | Speed 40 ft. (Mk 2 Force Soles) | Resolve 9/10 | See Profile for Skills/Attacks

Or, you know, go with the flow ^_^

Lily tiptoes on air, finishing her movement above and behind one of the spheres (there is 20 ft. underneath her), and shoots down at the gigantic flower's roots.

"I suppose it wouldn't matter what I cosplayed as, this thing wouldn't care!"

Trick Attack, Bluff vs CR+20: 10 + 18 + 4 = 32
Adv. Semi-Auto Pistol vs Flat-footed KAC: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
Piercing, Trick Attack: 2d6 + 4 + 4d8 ⇒ (4, 5) + 4 + (5, 1, 6, 5) = 30
Debilitating Trick: Hampering Shot

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Korasha Lashunta Icon Operative (Daredevil) 5 SP 15/40 HP 34/34 RP 7/7 | KAC 22 EAC 20 | Saves F+3 R+9 W+3 | Initiative +7; Perception +9 | Pistol rounds: 12/12 Static Arc pistol: 18/20 | Status: N/A

Faraeon watches Lily at work, his eyes watering with admiration, and thinks, 'Sensei! Teach me your ways!'

Dang that's some excellent damage!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
S2-08 | S2-00

The ceilings are only 15' high, so you would be closer to having 10' to 12' foot underneath you. The spheres are on platforms about a foot off the ground (so the top of the spheres is about 4' off the ground.)

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Rhyphorian Technomancer 6; SP 42/42, HP 34/34, RP 4/7; EAC 19, KAC 20, Mobility; F +6, R +6, W +7; Resist cold 5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +13, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Slots used: 2nd (1), 1st (4)
Faraeon Star-Jumper wrote:
"Sunshine! You wanna check out those computers? See if maybe we can turn those orbs to help us out? I'm gonna be busy doing some gardening!" The lashunta flips and tumbles behind one of the terminals, raises his semi-automatic pistol, and fires off a round at the plant creature.

Sunshine's already pale face becomes monochromatic as he looks upon the giant monstrosity. "On it!" He books it away from the plant creature to one of the elevator terminals and begins working on how to manipulate the spheres.

Move to square, standard Computers to interact with terminal/sphere.

Computers: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29

Acquisitives

Male CN Ysoki Envoy 7 | SP 49/49 HP 44/44 | RP 9/9 | EAC 20 KAC 20 | Fort +5; Ref +8; Will +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10, SM: +8+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: jetpack (20/20)

Will have to keep this brief as I'm currently out of town for work and am short on time today.

Life Science: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

"Plants and fire don't mix... Right? Get'Em!!

Everyone gets +2 atk get 'em bonus on the plant

Arratoi swiftly pulls out an incendiary grenade from the bandolier and tosses it!

incendiary 3 grenade vs KAC 5: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 = 16
Fire damage: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 2) = 12

"That flame thrower may also come in handy!"

251 to 300 of 369 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [GM Wolffauer] SFS 2-06: The Stumbling Society, Part 1: Sangoro's Lament All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.