GM CariMac's 10-12 Breath of the Dragonskull

Game Master CariMac


51 to 89 of 89 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
The Concordance

Female N Undine Elemental Sorcerer 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 15*, touch 11, flat-footed 14* | CMB +0, CMD 11 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +1 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1 | Spells avail/day: 1st 2/6 | Cold Ray/day: 8/8 | Speed 30ft | Swim Speed 30ft| Active conditions: Mage Armor

"Yes, but... Who is in charge here? This is madness! Come on, we have to find Nelket, and it seems the centaurs will be no help." She glances around, then heads off toward the nearest non-goblin bipedal she sees.

Grand Lodge

Male Barbarian 3/ Bloodrager 1~ HP: 55/ 55 | AC: 18 (16 raging) {11T/17FF} | F:+9 R +2 W: +2 ; Init +3; Perception +10; Speed 50 ft. (35 ft. in armor)

"Pfft. Cowards. And why charge away from an offer of assistance?" Osten slowly exhales. I'm glad they ran off. Horsemen? Don't want to admit how unsettling that is.

Dark Archive

Male NG Human Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 nonlethal damage: 0 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | CMB +0 CMD 13 | F +7 R +6 W +1 (+3 vs. illusions, +2 vs. emotion) | Init +9 | Perc +5 SM +7 | Speed 30ft | burn 0/7 | Active Conditions: None

Leyten moves over to one of the humans fighting the flames. "Hey! We're Pathfinders, here to help!" he says. "Where's Nelket?"


Dragonskull |PBP Singnup

As you approach the village Dolok Darkfur, guardian deity of the Farheaven Clan stalks outside the walls keeping an eye on the centaur encampment. The bear-god’s mighty voice cuts clearly through the crackle of flames and bustle of the busy townsfolk as he calls out “Who goes there? Not centaurs, clearly. Are you the Pathfinders Nelket sent for? Dragbog, you’ll want to fetch the ‘mistress’.”

At Dolok’s call, a stocky goblin dressed in armor made from the bones of what appears to be a dragon steps out from behind the great beast and dashes into the town. Dolok watches the goblin retreat for a moment before turning back to the Pathfinders. “Nelket will be here shortly. Dragbog is too desperate to stay on our good side to tarry. It’s best you hear what happened directly from Nelket. In the meantime, I don’t suppose I could convince you to help us finish securing the perimeter?”

As the bear-god finishes speaking, he swings his massive head from side to side to indicate the scrambling humans and goblins all around.

You can either help the villagers, the goblins, or do nothing.

The Concordance

Female N Undine Elemental Sorcerer 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 15*, touch 11, flat-footed 14* | CMB +0, CMD 11 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +1 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1 | Spells avail/day: 1st 2/6 | Cold Ray/day: 8/8 | Speed 30ft | Swim Speed 30ft| Active conditions: Mage Armor

I am so confused. Laafdahni pauses only for the slightest moment before nodding at the great, talking bear. "Yes, we are the Pathfinders. Of course we will help. Where do you need us most?"

Scarab Sages

M Tengu 3 | Challenge! | Zero BAB • Five CON

"Ahhhhmmmph, We can definitely help! But all this is so hard to keep track of. Those goblins over there, are they on your side?" He points towards the group of goblins patrolling the area, suggesting we go help them.

Grand Lodge

Male Barbarian 3/ Bloodrager 1~ HP: 55/ 55 | AC: 18 (16 raging) {11T/17FF} | F:+9 R +2 W: +2 ; Init +3; Perception +10; Speed 50 ft. (35 ft. in armor)

Osten nods in agreement with Dahni. Hard to tell who is who out here. Not trusting the goblins in the least, the barbarian joins the villagers in securing their line.

Dark Archive

Male NG Human Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 nonlethal damage: 0 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | CMB +0 CMD 13 | F +7 R +6 W +1 (+3 vs. illusions, +2 vs. emotion) | Init +9 | Perc +5 SM +7 | Speed 30ft | burn 0/7 | Active Conditions: None

It isn't every day that a bear talks politely to me. Leyten nods in agreement as well, and goes where directed.


Dragonskull |PBP Singnup

"The goblins are helping us to keep the fires at bay." The villagers scrambling about are busy forming bucket lines to douse the houses nearest to the forest fire, while the goblins split their attention between running around stomping on drifting embers and clearing dry brush before it can become fuel for the spreading flames.

Those helping the humans douse the buildings I need acrobatics or climb checks. If you have an appropriate spell you can choose to cast an appropriate spell when making a skill check to gain a competence bonus
on their skill check equal to 1 plus the spell’s level.

Grand Lodge

Male Barbarian 3/ Bloodrager 1~ HP: 55/ 55 | AC: 18 (16 raging) {11T/17FF} | F:+9 R +2 W: +2 ; Init +3; Perception +10; Speed 50 ft. (35 ft. in armor)

Osten slips off his brestplate before climbing up to join in the fire line.

Climb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Scarab Sages

M Tengu 3 | Challenge! | Zero BAB • Five CON

Lekki is slow and old, and so he uses some divine inspiration from Razmir to help him work a little quicker. He will use his Sudden Speed ability to double his movement, for a little while. Level 1 ability, so I will double it. Also, touch of law to help himself out. Because my bonuses are aweful.

Acrobatics, Touch of Law: 11 + 0 + 2 = 13

The Concordance

Female N Undine Elemental Sorcerer 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 15*, touch 11, flat-footed 14* | CMB +0, CMD 11 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +1 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1 | Spells avail/day: 1st 2/6 | Cold Ray/day: 8/8 | Speed 30ft | Swim Speed 30ft| Active conditions: Mage Armor

Knowing that she is barely stronger than Lekki, Laafdahni ponders her spell repertoire for a moment as she approaches the line of fire fighters. Once she arrives, she casts Mage Hand to help her grab an extra handful of empty buckets as she follows the line of people who are running them back to the well to be refilled.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 + 1 = 15
Includes "helful spell" bonus

Dark Archive

Male NG Human Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 nonlethal damage: 0 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | CMB +0 CMD 13 | F +7 R +6 W +1 (+3 vs. illusions, +2 vs. emotion) | Init +9 | Perc +5 SM +7 | Speed 30ft | burn 0/7 | Active Conditions: None

Leyten goes up and down the line, going to those who seem most exhausted. As he does so, he offers words of encouragement, and suddenly the heavy buckets of water seem to weigh as much as pebbles.

Not much of a Acrobatics person, Leyten spends the next few minutes using his Basic Chaokinesis like a crazy man, temporarily lessening gravity's pull on each person's workload.


Dragonskull |PBP Singnup

Your efforts seem to help, but the villagers and goblins need more help. Osten makes good progress on the fire line. Lekkit isn't that much help. He drops a bucket on the head of a goblin who gives him a glare.

Laafdahni helps with the fire brigade. The Mage Hand is a big hit with the townspeople. Leyton's assistance helps everyone's work a little easier.

One more set of rolls please.

The Concordance

Female N Undine Elemental Sorcerer 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 15*, touch 11, flat-footed 14* | CMB +0, CMD 11 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +1 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1 | Spells avail/day: 1st 2/6 | Cold Ray/day: 8/8 | Speed 30ft | Swim Speed 30ft| Active conditions: Mage Armor

Seeing that her efforts are not entirely useless, Laafdahni rededicates herself to her task. Despite her intense focus, she manages to look relaxed and poised, calmly directing her spell where it is most needed. The orange glow from the fires flickers off her deep blue skin, rendering it almost black in the dim, smoky light. Against the dark background of her skin, the links of her chain belt glint in the flickering firelight, and her limpid turquoise eyes seem to glow with power.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 + 1 = 19
Includes "helful spell" bonus

Scarab Sages

M Tengu 3 | Challenge! | Zero BAB • Five CON

Lekki stands up, dusts himself off and tries again. This isn't his thing.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

Grand Lodge

Male Barbarian 3/ Bloodrager 1~ HP: 55/ 55 | AC: 18 (16 raging) {11T/17FF} | F:+9 R +2 W: +2 ; Init +3; Perception +10; Speed 50 ft. (35 ft. in armor)

Osten tries to climb higher, but the heat and sweat make it difficult to secure a purchase.

More of the climbing: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Dark Archive

Male NG Human Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 nonlethal damage: 0 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | CMB +0 CMD 13 | F +7 R +6 W +1 (+3 vs. illusions, +2 vs. emotion) | Init +9 | Perc +5 SM +7 | Speed 30ft | burn 0/7 | Active Conditions: None

Leyten continues to move quickly about the camp, aiding with fire dousing and the lessening of burdens.

Acrobatics roll, with the spell bonus for continued use of Basic Chaokinesis: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 = 14


Dragonskull |PBP Singnup

As you finish your tasks Dragbog returns with Nelkat. “Have the Pathfinders come to rescue the Farheavens once again? Honestly, if the circumstances weren’t what they are I’d feel bad about bothering you all again so soon!” Nelket’s face curves in a wry smile as she greets you.
“I can see from your expressions that you’re curious about what’s going on here. Let me fill in the details for you.” Nelket proceeds to describe the current situation to you. “About two weeks ago, we woke up to fire on the horizon and goblins practically on our doorsteps. At first, we thought it was a raid, but when Dolok roared and charged to our defense, the goblins dropped everything they were carrying and started groveling on their bellies!” Nelket smirks and glances at an embarrassed-looking Dragbog before continuing.

“Dragbog here informed us that he’s the chieftain of these goblins, the Dragonskull Tribe, and that they were fleeing from fire, undead monsters, and some very angry centaurs. As you can see, the bit about the centaurs is quite true. Perhaps I should let Dragbog tell you the rest in his own words.” After finishing her introduction, Nelket nudges the nervous goblin towards you and raises an eyebrow, prompting him to begin.

“We Dragonskulls live in the red trees for a long time. Build our homes from dragon bones, hide beneath the ground when centaurs come. Red trees burn too good, but Dragonskulls know how fire works.” The little goblin thrusts his narrow chest out proudly at this. “But…something bad happen. We burn sick trees around village like every year to keep fires small, but old stone in town catch fire too! Fires start jumping everywhere, and then Dragonskull homes wake up and start trying to eat us with fire-tongues! We run until Redpine horse-lady stop us and say we burn down their village too! So we run again until fire get too close. Dragonskulls set small fire to eat food so big fire not follow, then big bear invite us here.” The goblin finishes his story proudly, clearly impressed at his own “masterfully” constructed narrative.

Dolok Darkfur huffs a husky laugh in response to the goblin’s tale. “True enough, as it goes. I thought the little rascals were the ones spreading the flames at first, until I noticed that they were actually containing the larger fire. They’ve been industrious enough around the town the last few days, though I worry about the attention they’re drawing from those centaurs.”

The Concordance

Female N Undine Elemental Sorcerer 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 15*, touch 11, flat-footed 14* | CMB +0, CMD 11 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +1 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1 | Spells avail/day: 1st 2/6 | Cold Ray/day: 8/8 | Speed 30ft | Swim Speed 30ft| Active conditions: Mage Armor

'...old stone in town' caught fire? The stone itself? Really? That was a really confusing narrative. Laafdahni tries to keep her puzzlement off her face, putting on an expression that hopefully looks thoughtful and analytical. She nods at Dragbog and querries: "Hmm... Do you mean that the fire did not behave as it usually does? Do you have any idea why?"

After this topic is resolved, she continues:

Turning to Nelket, she explains: "When your note reached the Venture Captain, it was damaged; parts of it were illegible. This situation is clearly quite different from what we assumed, based on what we could decipher. Would you be so kind as to tell us what assistance you requested?"

Scarab Sages

M Tengu 3 | Challenge! | Zero BAB • Five CON

The old bird does his best to follow the goblin's story, but can't quite get there. "Huh? What? Sorry...I don't quite..." He then casts comprehend languages and smiles. "Okay, this is much better, please continue. I don't speak goblin fluently..."

He finishes listening, "That's true, I was under the impression we were sent here to stop the goblin menace. Hmmmmph, can we assume something else is starting the fires?"

Grand Lodge

Male Barbarian 3/ Bloodrager 1~ HP: 55/ 55 | AC: 18 (16 raging) {11T/17FF} | F:+9 R +2 W: +2 ; Init +3; Perception +10; Speed 50 ft. (35 ft. in armor)

Putting out fires and NOT killing goblins? What in the halls are we doing here? He looks around the room, but his gaze finally lands on Dragbog. Longest I've been near one without some kinda violence or chaos breaking out. At least he doesn't have a creepy giggle.

Dark Archive

Male NG Human Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 nonlethal damage: 0 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | CMB +0 CMD 13 | F +7 R +6 W +1 (+3 vs. illusions, +2 vs. emotion) | Init +9 | Perc +5 SM +7 | Speed 30ft | burn 0/7 | Active Conditions: None

Like Laafdahni, Leyten is struck by the mention of a stone catching fire!

He talks to the goblin leader. "Dragbog, just before the 'bad things' happened and the stone caught fire... had you noticed or heard about anything different in the area? Strangers, or weird magic?"


Dragonskull |PBP Singnup

"The note was burned? That makes sense why you didn't know the goblins were helping us. I need you to follow Dragbog back into the burning forest and find the “burning stone” that animated the Dragonskulls skeletal homes and began spewing fire into the forest. Odds are that burning stones in the forests of Iobaria are cyclops relics, and an untended cyclops relic of such destructive power would undoubtedly cause even more harm if left to run wild and uncontrolled. We can't leave the village just in case the fires get worse." says Nelket

"Just big stone that started to burn. Had funny squiggles on it." says Dagbog with a shrug.

The Concordance

Female N Undine Elemental Sorcerer 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 15*, touch 11, flat-footed 14* | CMB +0, CMD 11 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +1 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1 | Spells avail/day: 1st 2/6 | Cold Ray/day: 8/8 | Speed 30ft | Swim Speed 30ft| Active conditions: Mage Armor

"Ah! That makes more sense. Thank you. Now, if the stone is burning, how should we transport it?" Laafdahni silently bemoans the fact that she has no way to create water to pour over the stone. Or a non-flammable box with a lid, for that matter.

How ironic that an Elemental (Water) Sorcerer doesn't have a spell to put out a fire.

Grand Lodge

Male Barbarian 3/ Bloodrager 1~ HP: 55/ 55 | AC: 18 (16 raging) {11T/17FF} | F:+9 R +2 W: +2 ; Init +3; Perception +10; Speed 50 ft. (35 ft. in armor)

"Fine, let's get going. Maybe Dahni can turn it off 'r put it to sleep."

Dark Archive

Male NG Human Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 nonlethal damage: 0 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | CMB +0 CMD 13 | F +7 R +6 W +1 (+3 vs. illusions, +2 vs. emotion) | Init +9 | Perc +5 SM +7 | Speed 30ft | burn 0/7 | Active Conditions: None

"A 'burning stone' with runes on it... yes, this is filling in the gaps a bit," says Leyten. "All right, Dragbog, take us to where this started, back to the burning stone."

To Laafdahni, he says, "If we can deface the writing on the stone, that might stop the burning. Assuming we don't turn to ash first, of course."


Dragonskull |PBP Singnup

"Let's go. Let's go." says Dragbog. He's ready to lead you off as soon as you are ready to go.

Survival DC 15:
For good or ill, the highly flammable nature of blood pine sap means the wildfire is actually spreading much more slowly than it might otherwise. The fires burn so hot fierce that individual copses frequently flare up and die back down before the fire has time to spread.
You also notice signs of active efforts made to fight the flames. In some areas, the trees show the rejuvenating effects of druidic magic, and in others, they bear the crude but clever cuts of goblin blades—all intended to trim back brush, reduce the amount of fuel available for wildfires to ignite, and feed the goblins’ own celebratory bonfires to highlight their regional holidays.

I need a Fort Save from everyone. It's the smoky air. If you can think of a way to avoid the smoke you may get bonuses to the save.

The Concordance

Female N Undine Elemental Sorcerer 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 15*, touch 11, flat-footed 14* | CMB +0, CMD 11 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +1 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1 | Spells avail/day: 1st 2/6 | Cold Ray/day: 8/8 | Speed 30ft | Swim Speed 30ft| Active conditions: Mage Armor

Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Laafdahni pulls out a section of cloth and ties it over her nose and mouth to keep out the smoke, at least a little bit, as they trudge along after Dragbog.

Fortitude: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Does not include any bonus for thinking of a way to avoid the smoke.

Grand Lodge

Male Barbarian 3/ Bloodrager 1~ HP: 55/ 55 | AC: 18 (16 raging) {11T/17FF} | F:+9 R +2 W: +2 ; Init +3; Perception +10; Speed 50 ft. (35 ft. in armor)

Osten follows suit, but drenches the cloth in water first. He points out the efforts of others on the fire line. "Gobo's tried makin' a fire line here. Looks like there's at least some kind druid or shaman whose been using tribal magic as well."

Survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Dark Archive

Male NG Human Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 nonlethal damage: 0 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | CMB +0 CMD 13 | F +7 R +6 W +1 (+3 vs. illusions, +2 vs. emotion) | Init +9 | Perc +5 SM +7 | Speed 30ft | burn 0/7 | Active Conditions: None

"All right, we're going." Leyten's eyes sting from the smoke, but he seems otherwise unbothered.

Leyten no longer needs to breathe. :-)

Scarab Sages

M Tengu 3 | Challenge! | Zero BAB • Five CON

The old bird nods at the idea from their sorcerer friend, and puts his tunic into some water before ontinuing. He follows behind tbe party.
Fort, base: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21


Dragonskull |PBP Singnup

Everyone but Osten manages to avoid most of the smoke effects. The scorching flames tearing through the dense woodlands throw thick plumes of acrid smoke into the air. Narrow, rock-strewn paths and stony crevices cut through the wilderness, offering some shelter from the oppressive smoke and heat.

An old ranger’s trail cuts through the woodlands here, offering a path that’s a bit less choked with smoke and embers than the rest of the forest. While this trail offers a natural path for you, it also represents shelter and a natural escape path for woodlands animals fleeing the fire.

Osten you are fatigued. Please give me perception rolls.

The Concordance

Female N Undine Elemental Sorcerer 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 15*, touch 11, flat-footed 14* | CMB +0, CMD 11 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +1 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1 | Spells avail/day: 1st 2/6 | Cold Ray/day: 8/8 | Speed 30ft | Swim Speed 30ft| Active conditions: Mage Armor

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Grand Lodge

Male Barbarian 3/ Bloodrager 1~ HP: 55/ 55 | AC: 18 (16 raging) {11T/17FF} | F:+9 R +2 W: +2 ; Init +3; Perception +10; Speed 50 ft. (35 ft. in armor)

Hacking, wheezing, and blood-shot eyes tearing; the barbarian doubles over trying to clear the foreign substance from his lungs.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Scarab Sages

M Tengu 3 | Challenge! | Zero BAB • Five CON

Precept: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Dark Archive

Male NG Human Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 nonlethal damage: 0 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | CMB +0 CMD 13 | F +7 R +6 W +1 (+3 vs. illusions, +2 vs. emotion) | Init +9 | Perc +5 SM +7 | Speed 30ft | burn 0/7 | Active Conditions: None

Perception check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Dragonskull |PBP Singnup

Through the flames Leyton notices a couple of creatures on what might be the path ahead.

The flames suddenly flair up near them, and they begin to run down the path with cries of pain.

Map Updated

The Concordance

Female N Undine Elemental Sorcerer 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 15*, touch 11, flat-footed 14* | CMB +0, CMD 11 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +1 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1 | Spells avail/day: 1st 2/6 | Cold Ray/day: 8/8 | Speed 30ft | Swim Speed 30ft| Active conditions: Mage Armor

As Laafdahni didn't see anything...

Cocking her ear, Laafdahni strains to listen over the sounds of the crackling flames and Osten's choking coughs. Speaking so that only those near her can hear, she asks: "Do you hear something? It sounds like it is close."

51 to 89 of 89 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM CariMac's 10-12 Breath of the Dragonskull All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.