Terra Nova Campaign - The Haunting of Seaside Manor by DM Doctor Evil

Game Master DM DoctorEvil


101 to 122 of 122 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

HP: 18 | AC: 16 | Perception (E): +6 | Fort (T): +5; Ref (T): +5; Will (E) +6 Spells/Day: -/1 (2) | Focus: 2 | Current Spell Effects: Mage Armor

Looks like 11, unless I missed something.

Katze will heal herself then continue her move towards the Hunter, menacingly swinging her chain.

Soothe: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Healing then moving towards the Hunter, which should put me 10' away unless I missed something.


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 1| HP:11/15 | AC:16 | F+4; R+6; W+7 | Perc +5 | Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Lore: Scribing +3, Medicine +5, Nature +5, Religion +5 | Str+0, Dex+3, Con+1, Int+0, Wis+2, Cha+3

"You snared the wrong people in your little trap!" declares Elise, as the last hawk is skewered and Katze heals her wounds. She moves closer and fires two more arrows at the hobgoblin. Move 25 feet, so I'm 25 feet away.

Shortbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15; Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Shortbow: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19; Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


HP: 18 | AC: 16 | Perception (E): +6 | Fort (T): +5; Ref (T): +5; Will (E) +6 Spells/Day: -/1 (2) | Focus: 2 | Current Spell Effects: Mage Armor

At least your damage is consistant!


Baited Trap - Round 3 - concluded

Katze slows down her approach, takign the time to mumble some magical words that soothe her injuries, healing them in the process. She ends up near the occupied tree by the end of her turn.

Elise fires at the shape she sees as she advances on the hutner's perch. Her first arrow flies wide, but her second shot scores a hit, hurting the hobgoblin for the first time.

With his sword drawn, the hunter climbs down from the perch, taking a defensive posture on the ground.

End of Round 3


Baited Trap - Round 4

17 Katze (1hp dmg)
13 Elise (4hp dmg)
10 Hunter (4hp dmg)

Katze and Elise are up now.


HP: 18 | AC: 16 | Perception (E): +6 | Fort (T): +5; Ref (T): +5; Will (E) +6 Spells/Day: -/1 (2) | Focus: 2 | Current Spell Effects: Mage Armor

Katze picks up her song where she left off previously and swings her chain twice at the Hobgoblin.

Inspire courage plus attack twice, or move and attack as needed.

Attacks: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 121d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Damage Rolls: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 = 111d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 1| HP:11/15 | AC:16 | F+4; R+6; W+7 | Perc +5 | Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Lore: Scribing +3, Medicine +5, Nature +5, Religion +5 | Str+0, Dex+3, Con+1, Int+0, Wis+2, Cha+3

A part of Elise is unnerved as one of her arrows embeds itself into hobgoblin flesh--the first time ever she had struck a humanoid with an arrow. But there was no time to dwell on that fact as the hunter approached Katze. Instead, Elise continued to fire her shortbow.

Shortbow, Inspire: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 = 26; Damage, Inspire: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Shortbow, Inspire: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 + 1 = 22; Critical Damage, Deadly 1d10, Inspire: 1d6 + 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + (9) + 1 = 11


Baited Trap - Round 4 - concluded

Katze manages to smash her chain upside the head of the attacker once, hurting him a bit and stumbling. Just as he stumbles, he turns right into a pair of arrows from Elise which penetrate his throat, killing him outright and ending the fight.

End of Combat

You each earn 55xp for this encounter, for a cumulative total of 80xp.


HP: 18 | AC: 16 | Perception (E): +6 | Fort (T): +5; Ref (T): +5; Will (E) +6 Spells/Day: -/1 (2) | Focus: 2 | Current Spell Effects: Mage Armor

"Nice shooting!" says Katze at an near shout. She then kicks the downed Hobgoblin for good measure before turning to Elise.

"Are you hurt?"


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 1| HP:11/15 | AC:16 | F+4; R+6; W+7 | Perc +5 | Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Lore: Scribing +3, Medicine +5, Nature +5, Religion +5 | Str+0, Dex+3, Con+1, Int+0, Wis+2, Cha+3

"No. Yes. I mean, a little, nothing major." As the adrenaline fades, Elise doesn't look at Katze. Instead, she just stares at the dead hobgoblin for a long while. Finally, she turns to Katze with a look of confusion. "I've never done that before. Killed a man. Or at least anyone man-like." Elise takes a deep breath, then exhales slowly. "I think I should feel guilty, but I don't. I admit I feel rather proud."


The fallen hobgoblin is dressed in leather armor and carries a longbow and normal longsword and dagger. He has 15 unspent arrows remaining in his quiver.


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 1| HP:11/15 | AC:16 | F+4; R+6; W+7 | Perc +5 | Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Lore: Scribing +3, Medicine +5, Nature +5, Religion +5 | Str+0, Dex+3, Con+1, Int+0, Wis+2, Cha+3

Elise collects the arrows and the longbow. She also explores the hidey-hole that the hobgoblin was attacking from before he came down. In particular, she wants to find rations.


HP: 18 | AC: 16 | Perception (E): +6 | Fort (T): +5; Ref (T): +5; Will (E) +6 Spells/Day: -/1 (2) | Focus: 2 | Current Spell Effects: Mage Armor

Katze will cast detect magic to see if anything radiates magic on him, then she will collect his leather armor.


Nothing in the hobgoblin's possession is discernible as magical. In the tree stand is a kit bag filled with a couple skinned rabbits and small bowl of cherries along with some wild onions. It appears the hunter has some success with smaller game before trying for bigger fish. The kit bag also has a fishing hook and some fishing line and a moth-eaten bedroll.


HP: 18 | AC: 16 | Perception (E): +6 | Fort (T): +5; Ref (T): +5; Will (E) +6 Spells/Day: -/1 (2) | Focus: 2 | Current Spell Effects: Mage Armor

Katze will take everything but the bedroll, which she will use to cover the Hobgoblin's body, then dust herself off and say "Okay, nothing here is magical, so we should press on."


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 1| HP:11/15 | AC:16 | F+4; R+6; W+7 | Perc +5 | Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Lore: Scribing +3, Medicine +5, Nature +5, Religion +5 | Str+0, Dex+3, Con+1, Int+0, Wis+2, Cha+3

"I really hope there aren't more of these hobgoblins, who knew these roads were so unsafe?" Elise moves on also.


HP: 18 | AC: 16 | Perception (E): +6 | Fort (T): +5; Ref (T): +5; Will (E) +6 Spells/Day: -/1 (2) | Focus: 2 | Current Spell Effects: Mage Armor

Katze shrugged and said "Life is pain." before turning back towards the trail.


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 1| HP:11/15 | AC:16 | F+4; R+6; W+7 | Perc +5 | Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Lore: Scribing +3, Medicine +5, Nature +5, Religion +5 | Str+0, Dex+3, Con+1, Int+0, Wis+2, Cha+3

"That's a really sad way to think about life," responds Elise. "What about happiness? Love?"

As she walks, Elise starts trying out some magic. Eventually, she comes to a full stop, focuses, and waves her arms around. Suddenly, a spark of lightning shoots from her hand!

"There it is! I'd never realized I had such magics before, but when the hawks attacked me, it just suddenly came out. It's a lot easier to hit something with this lightning than it is with an arrow."


HP: 18 | AC: 16 | Perception (E): +6 | Fort (T): +5; Ref (T): +5; Will (E) +6 Spells/Day: -/1 (2) | Focus: 2 | Current Spell Effects: Mage Armor

"Pain is the only way you truly know you're alive; anything unliving can't feel pain, at least according to all the stories I've heard." offers Katze by way of explanation.

After watching Elise's magic demonstration, Katze asks "So, it looks like you can shoot lightning. What other abilities do you have that you know of?"


After the encounter with the hunter, Katze and Elise set back out on the road. Elise experiments with her strange new magic to pass the time. Before long, the sight of sea-birds circling in large flocks lets you know that the sea is near. Soon the roar of waves breaking on the beach is heard and when you approach the sound, you find yourselves on a cliff about 100' above the rocky beach itself. It's possible you could find enough of a path to navigate to the salty water below, but the object you seek, the manor house, is also in sight. About a half-mile north along the cliff side on a bit higher of promontory stands what must be Seaside Manor.


HP: 18 | AC: 16 | Perception (E): +6 | Fort (T): +5; Ref (T): +5; Will (E) +6 Spells/Day: -/1 (2) | Focus: 2 | Current Spell Effects: Mage Armor

Katze seems more relaxed as the sea comes into view, pausing for a moment to breathe in the sea air, before saying "Let's get this done, ehya?"


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 1| HP:11/15 | AC:16 | F+4; R+6; W+7 | Perc +5 | Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Lore: Scribing +3, Medicine +5, Nature +5, Religion +5 | Str+0, Dex+3, Con+1, Int+0, Wis+2, Cha+3

"I can also heal. That was the kind of magic everyone expected of me in the church. I can conjure light and see magic. And, well, I figured out I can use magic to make someone friendlier, too. But I feel guilty about using that trick. Really, my magic isn't the same as those of other priests or acolytes. I just hope it works on whatever's in that manor."

As the manor comes into sight, Elise starts heading toward it, while admiring the scenery. "What a beautiful view! If we can restore this mansion, I'm sure it will be exquisite."

101 to 122 of 122 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Terra Nova Campaign - The Haunting of Seaside Manor by DM Doctor Evil All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.