GM ShadowLord's Jade Regent - Group 1

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

Loot!


201 to 250 of 644 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Human (Tian-Min) Monk (Zen Archer) 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 16, T 16, FF 10 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perception +8

Kajiwara kneels down to look a the footprints. "It's possible someone already came by and dealt with the goblins. These footprints are fairly recent, and they were dragging something heavy. I would expect to see more bodies if the goblins had been killed, though. Let's follow them and see where into the village they lead."

Once everyone is ready, Kaji will attempt to follow the footprints into the village.

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


M Human Wiz 2 | HP 13/13 | AC 12/12/10 | CMD 12 | F+1 R+2 W+4 | Init +6 | Perc +1 |
Spells:
0: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Read Magic | 1st: Infernal Healing, Mage Armor, PfE + Enlarge Person |
GM ShadowLord wrote:
In my head I had pictured Ruka as this small girl, but she is built like a tank with some ridiculous strength training program apparently!

Wait, you too? What the heck, she's specifically called out as being relatively tall in her description.

Should he be feeling relieved? Or disappointed? Conflicting emotions tussled each other within the young man as he surveyed the shabby, and notably deserted, goblin village. While no glory hound, he had rather hoped to return with a story or two for his mentors back home.

"What the heck happened here...?" Sam wondered aloud, quietly, as he looked over the smashed gates to the goblin village.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
These gates - can we tell whether they have been broken in or out?

Granted, the ramshackle engineering of the goblins could not exactly be the sturdiest, but the sorry state of the hovel before them, not to mention the eerie quiet, spoke to something significant having struck here. He nodded to Kajiwara, deferring to the man's adventuring experience, and followed. One hand over his spell component pouch and the other grasping the flask of acid, some innate cynicism had the wizard waiting for something to go terribly wrong.

It was a funny feeling though. Rather than waiting for trouble, it almost felt like the party was sitting in the aftermath of some great catastrophe, story book heroes from one of Asuka's tales late for their own adventure.


Challenge 1/1
Spells Remaining:
Spells/Effects Active:
Mage Armor
AC 18 T 14(18 vs incorp touch) FF 14| Current HP 20/20| F +4 R +3 W +1(+5 vs charm/compulsion)| Init +3| Perc +1 (-1 for sight) Low-light vision

I’m a tall woman myself—6’ 2”—who is pretty strong—I used to do manual labor for a living—and I can tell you that Ruka’s retiring personality is definitely relatable. Something about being tall and strong your whole life means people leave you alone to be as quiet and introverted as you want

Earlier

Ruka’s smile charges Asuka with energy, even more so than she expected. Possessing reasonable strength herself, Asuka helps lift Arti up the cliff. She positions herself so that she shows off the maximum amount of flexing as she pulls on the rope, particularly when Ruka is looking.

Asuka spends the time between the cliff and the village testing out as many puns as she can, realizing in short order that she really doesn’t know that many in this language, and she desperately begins trying to wrack her brain for more. As she gets more and more frustrated trying to find a way to craft a setup that makes a good pun out of “lizard” and “wizard” when she finally gets hit with what’s happening. Oh s@#$. She’s cute.

Now

Luckily, Asuka doesn’t need to worry about any of that now, as there are more pressing concerns. She brandishes her sword as she glances about.

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

”Maybe they are trying to ambush us! They heard that adventurers of our caliber would be coming for them and they knew they would need to prepare some craven tactics!”


Female Gnome "Gingerbread" Witch | HP 9/9 | AC 12, T 11, FF 11 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 | CMD 11 | Init +3 | Perception +4

Poppy was grateful they took the time and effort to help her and Arti, and realized she was starting to count on their aid. This was a complicated feeling as she'd often been self sufficient and even prided herself on it. Though she supposed this wasn't too far off from venturing in a caravan, where about half the time they tended to help one another out. But then again, she'd occasionally fallen in with some shady merchants who sometimes saw each other as competition. This didn't feel like one of those times.

She followed the group silently into the dilapidated town, her crossbow notched and ready to fire. A chill went up her spine at the thought of Asuka's talk about ambushes becoming a reality. Though she knew the others were far more experienced looking for trouble, she couldn't help but cast a wide discerning gaze out at the rickety buildings.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Map updated.

As the group studies the front gate it becomes clear that they were bashed in from the outside as someone or something was trying to flee the village.

As the group moves inside the gate, the village proper is exposed and the ground gets decisively muddier. It almost appears that they are standing in a mud pit or a pig pen of some kind, but there are no animals presently currently. Instead there are the mostly cremated bodies of a dozen goblins.

A whistling wind blows through the village making this even more eerie than it already has to be. Silence reigns supreme in an area that should be bustling with noise and chaos.

To the west is the ten foot deep pool of algae-filled water that has a rickety wooden pier a few feet into it.

Three ladders leading up five feet to the rickety wooden cottages are evident, W,SW and SE.


Female Human Slayer 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) (+1 vs traps)| Saves: F:+5, R:+5, W:+2 (+1 vs traps)| BAB: +2, CMB: 6, CMD: +18, | Init: +3 | Perc. +6 | Active Conditions: None
More Info:
Oppressive Expectations: Perception

Ruka inclines her head to the western ladder. "Looks like we can start checking out the upper floors from there. Cover me while I climb?" It might be an ambush, but there's no where else to go if we want to figure out what happened.

Reluctantly sheathing Murasamemaru, she starts climbing while trying her best to keep an eye out for any goblins hiding nearby.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 2 = 9


Challenge 1/1
Spells Remaining:
Spells/Effects Active:
Mage Armor
AC 18 T 14(18 vs incorp touch) FF 14| Current HP 20/20| F +4 R +3 W +1(+5 vs charm/compulsion)| Init +3| Perc +1 (-1 for sight) Low-light vision

Asuka's hand shoots up. "I will--oops, sorry. I will cover you!" Asuka follows after her, waiting at the bottom of the stairs with her sword at the ready.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 (2 less if visual)


Human (Tian-Min) Monk (Zen Archer) 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 16, T 16, FF 10 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perception +8

Kaji wasn’t sure if any goblins remained, but he said nothing as he raised his bow and looked around, keeping an eye out for anyone - or anything - threatening them.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Ruka ascends into the wooden hut ready for trouble, what she finds is an empty sleeping quarters that is in complete disarray. Cots and furs are slashed and torn and thrown about the room with clear signs of a struggle. There are no goblins or other items of interest here except a partially closed door to the south.


Tiefling Paladin (hospitaler) 1/Oracle of Life 1 | HP 22/22 | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | F +5 R +3 W +2 | CMD: 15 | Resist cold/electricity/fire 5 | Init +3 Per -1 | Darkvision 60 ft.

Lor-Sinn shifts her weight from one foot to another in clear impatience as Ruka and Asuka climb up the ladder and into the hut. "They went to attack Sandpoint! We should hurry back!"

Still, she has her bow out and looks closely at the pile of charred bodies. "I guess they blew themselves up with those fireworks first, though."

Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17


Female Human Slayer 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) (+1 vs traps)| Saves: F:+5, R:+5, W:+2 (+1 vs traps)| BAB: +2, CMB: 6, CMD: +18, | Init: +3 | Perc. +6 | Active Conditions: None
More Info:
Oppressive Expectations: Perception

"I don't see anyone up here. Just more signs of a fight." Ruka pauses. She doesn't like the idea of splitting the group, but she also isn't sure it's wise for all of them to be up here on the second floor. (For one thing, they'd probably get in each other's way in the small spaces.)

In the end she decides to compromise. "It's pretty tight up here. Maybe Asuka and I can keep exploring while you cover us from range?" It makes a certain amount of sense to her. From down there the ranged fighters could still cover the walkways, and the two explorers could always retreat to them if necessary.

Once everyone is ready, she opens the southern door and looks through to see what's beyond.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 2 = 20

Going ahead and moving my token on Roll20 for speed's sake, but Ruka will wait to open the door until at least one person is up there with her.


Human (Tian-Min) Monk (Zen Archer) 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 16, T 16, FF 10 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perception +8

Kaji didn't like it, but Ruka had a point about the small space. "Very well. I will remain down here to cover you at range. If you encounter any enemies, move them into the open so we can shoot at them."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Ruka opens the door fro the room and finds an empty ten foot corridor with another ladder on the east side leading down to the ground as well as a closed door to the south. Opening this door she finds what looks like an abandoned guard post. Signs of a struggle are evident here, slashes and claw marks in the wooden walls and overturned furniture in the corners.

A single door leads south, and she opens it finding a fifteen foot corridor with another door to the south and another door to the east.


Female Human Slayer 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) (+1 vs traps)| Saves: F:+5, R:+5, W:+2 (+1 vs traps)| BAB: +2, CMB: 6, CMD: +18, | Init: +3 | Perc. +6 | Active Conditions: None
More Info:
Oppressive Expectations: Perception

"The eastern door probably leads back out to the walkway." Ruka looks further to the south, then shakes her head. "Let's go east first so we can tell the others what we've found, or haven't found, before going any farther away."

As far as I can tell, the goblins are all gone. No bodies though, at least not up here. Something attacked them, dragged them away? Forced them into hiding somewhere?

The only thing she can think of that could cause this is the Soggy River Monster. And if it was strong enough to single-handedly destroy the entire tribe...she shivers. Tight spaces or no, maybe we should get the others up here.

She opens the eastern door.


M Human Wiz 2 | HP 13/13 | AC 12/12/10 | CMD 12 | F+1 R+2 W+4 | Init +6 | Perc +1 |
Spells:
0: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Read Magic | 1st: Infernal Healing, Mage Armor, PfE + Enlarge Person |

It was with no small amount of trepidation that Samton ascended the rickety ladder into the goblins' stilt huts after Ruka and Asuka, but ascend he did. While walking straight into the lions' den as it were was not exactly what he had hoped for, his rational left brain, so used to overruling the cowed right side, reminded him that this was probably tactically sound. Hopefully. The young man himself might be vulnerable, but with both the tengu and younger Kaijitsu before him in such tight quarters, it was unlikely for any errant goblin to reach him. More importantly, the wizard could help protect them.

"I won't get in your way," he promised the two women. "I just have some protective magic to employ... should we need it."

The probability of which was looking increasingly unlikely. A broken fort, charred corpses, cold footprints, eerie quiet... Whatever goblin slaying the group had come here for, it seemed they were too late for the occasion. So why were tensions only rising in navigating this place?

Hoping to stay no more than five ft. away from either Asuka or Ruka so I can cast Protection from Evil on them when trouble inevitably finds us.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Much like the previous room, this 15'x15' room is a disaster. Torn to shreds, claw and slash marks, blood spatters but no bodies. There is a door in the room that is closed that leads north


Female Human Slayer 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) (+1 vs traps)| Saves: F:+5, R:+5, W:+2 (+1 vs traps)| BAB: +2, CMB: 6, CMD: +18, | Init: +3 | Perc. +6 | Active Conditions: None
More Info:
Oppressive Expectations: Perception

Ruka heads north, back out onto the walkway, and breathes a sigh of relief when she sees the others. "No goblins still. Not even any bodies. Just destroyed rooms and blood. There was a door to the south we haven't opened yet, but I wanted to let you know what we'd seen before venturing any farther from the walkways." She bites her lip. "Since it looks like we'll have to go away from the walkways anyway, do we want to split into two groups and explore different areas?"

Continuing to advocate for party splitting, because Ruka has never been advised otherwise.


Tiefling Paladin (hospitaler) 1/Oracle of Life 1 | HP 22/22 | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | F +5 R +3 W +2 | CMD: 15 | Resist cold/electricity/fire 5 | Init +3 Per -1 | Darkvision 60 ft.

"Yes! Let's explore!" Lor-Sinn heads towards the ladder on the left, stepping around the nastiest mud puddles. She was getting restless, waiting for the others to explore, and from the sound of it there weren't any more goblins here. What had killed them, though? Was there another monster here? One of the ones that Mr. Proudstump had mentioned?


Human (Tian-Min) Monk (Zen Archer) 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 16, T 16, FF 10 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perception +8

Kaji frowned, but nevertheless nodded in agreement. "Before we do, let me see if there's anything in this pile of charred goblin bodies."

Kaji began searching the goblin bodies, seeing if he could find anything that might further indicate what happened.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

That completed, he said, "If we are going to split up, perhaps we should balance the teams. Ruka, myself, and Samton will continue on the path she has already begun searching. Lor-Sinn, Asuka, and Poppy will take the other side. That gives one archer, one swordswoman, and one spellcaster with each group."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

I made a change on the map to allow you to seen previous areas you've been through so you can get a better area of what it looks like. I am pushing through several rooms at once to help speed this up since several of the rooms are empty.

Lor-Sinn's and Kajiwara's investigation of the bodies finds that they are extra crispy and burned, not leaving much to investigate. One particular interesting piece of information however, the bodies are covered in slashes, cuts and gouges that look like they could have been quite deadly. While the goblins are in their burned leather armor, there are no weapons or items of interest in the charred mud pile. The party regroups and breaks into two separate groups, aiming to address more of the rooms from a broader perspective.

The eastern group led by Asuka, explores an empty room on the east at the top of the ladder as well as one west and south of it. They move south along a long walkway, trying to get closer to Ruka's position on the west.

Ruka, Samton, Kajiwara:
Ruka's group of Samton and Poppy walk down the western side of the village, opening two more doors to the east revealing much of the same. Empty rooms that show signs of a fight and a struggle, but no actual goblins. That all changes when Ruka opens the next door.

When the door opens, three arrows fly into the wooden frame all around her. In the far corner of the room stand three goblins huddled together, their shortbows in their hand and defiance evident on their faces. They point and shout at the large woman, trying to take her down.

Lor-Sinn, Poppy, Asuka:
There are some slight scuffles in the distance, but you don't hear much out of the ordinary.

R1: Kajiwara, Asuka, Goblins, Samton, Lor-Sinn, Poppy, Ruka

GM:

Init: Ruka: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Init: Kajiwari: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Init: Poppy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Init: Asuka: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Init: Lor-Sinn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Init: Samton: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Init: Goblins: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Perception: Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Perception: Asuka: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Perception: Lor-Sinn: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0


Human (Tian-Min) Monk (Zen Archer) 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 16, T 16, FF 10 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perception +8

Recognizing the confined space wasn't particularly good for arrows, and also wanting to find out what happened here, Kajiwara moved into the room and lashed out at a goblin with his foot, attempting to knock it unconscious.

Unarmed Strike vs Green: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Nonlethal Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

STATUS:

AC 16, T16, FF 10
HP 9/9


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Kajiwara's attempt to go easy unfortunately brings him up short in attacking, missing the goblin.

Closing the distance to the goblins prevents them from shooting any more arrows. All three drop their bows and draw short swords before swinging at Kajiwara. The Tian manages to avoid the first two swings, but the third catches him in his left side. Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

As Kajiwara cries out in pain and the goblins scream and shout, Asuka, Poppy and Lor-Sinn hear sounds of trouble somewhere to the west.

R1: Goblins, Samton, Lor-Sinn, Poppy, Ruka R2: Kajiwara, Asuka

GM:

Short Sword Kaji: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Short Sword Kaji: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Short Sword Kaji: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Perception: Poppy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Perception: Asuka: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Perception: Lor-Sinn: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7


Challenge 1/1
Spells Remaining:
Spells/Effects Active:
Mage Armor
AC 18 T 14(18 vs incorp touch) FF 14| Current HP 20/20| F +4 R +3 W +1(+5 vs charm/compulsion)| Init +3| Perc +1 (-1 for sight) Low-light vision

Asuka bursts open the door to the south of her, her sword in hand. "Aha, villains! Prepare to--" She is greeted by an empty room and another door. She lets on an exasperated sigh and opens that door, too. Distracted by the two-door problem, Asuka then realizes that she forgot to do her dramatic intro the second time until a couple beats pass. "Oh! Right. Aha, villains! Prepare to face the doom that awaits all stand against TRUE HEROES."

Move action to open the door, five foot step into the next room, then ANOTHER move action to open the other door -_-


Female Human Slayer 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) (+1 vs traps)| Saves: F:+5, R:+5, W:+2 (+1 vs traps)| BAB: +2, CMB: 6, CMD: +18, | Init: +3 | Perc. +6 | Active Conditions: None
More Info:
Oppressive Expectations: Perception

"Kajiwara, get out of there!" She'd gotten careless after so many empty rooms, assuming all the goblins were gone. Now there were three of them in front of her, and they were hurting people. Again.

Her eyes narrow as she focuses on the one in front. "You'll pay for that," she hisses. She steps forward and swings Murasamemaru with all her strength.

Murasamemaru, ST, PA: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 - 1 = 13
S. Damage, ST, PA: 1d10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 2 = 10

Five foot step into the room, activate studied target on green, and attack. Although dicebot continues to hate me.


Human (Tian-Min) Monk (Zen Archer) 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 16, T 16, FF 10 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perception +8

Kajiwara hardly notices the scratch, although he responds to Ruka, "I am hardly injured, Ruka. If we want answers about what happened here, we may be better suited to keeping one alive. I am attempting to do that." Still, he shifts off to the side so that all three of them can't attack him at once and attempts to strike at Ruka's target.

Unarmed Attack vs Green: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Female Human Slayer 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) (+1 vs traps)| Saves: F:+5, R:+5, W:+2 (+1 vs traps)| BAB: +2, CMB: 6, CMD: +18, | Init: +3 | Perc. +6 | Active Conditions: None
More Info:
Oppressive Expectations: Perception

"If that's what you think is best..." Ruka clearly has her doubts about this 'keeping them alive' plan, but indicates that she'll follow Kajiwara's lead.


M Human Wiz 2 | HP 13/13 | AC 12/12/10 | CMD 12 | F+1 R+2 W+4 | Init +6 | Perc +1 |
Spells:
0: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Read Magic | 1st: Infernal Healing, Mage Armor, PfE + Enlarge Person |

"Holy heck!" came the choked outcry of a severely startled Samton when a volley of arrows greeted Ruka directly in front of him upon the young woman opening the next door. Blessedly, none of them struck true, but if the projectiles hadn't already confirmed it, the mad shrieks within the room told the group everything there was to know: they had entered goblin country.

Looking from Kajiwara to Ruka, the two stepping directly into the fray, the wizard made a split decision and followed the man - while he wished he could aid both, Sam saw Kajiwara get struck and reasoned that the unarmored Shogahiro was in more need of his help.

Muttering a short incantation, the cartographer hurriedly touched a single finger to the man's back. A faint magical barrier, like glowing mist rain, immediately lit up around Kajiwara.

Move action to get into position and then standard for Protection from Evil on Kaji. That's a +2 deflection bonus to AC and +2 to saves.


Female Gnome "Gingerbread" Witch | HP 9/9 | AC 12, T 11, FF 11 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 | CMD 11 | Init +3 | Perception +4

Poppy wheels around at the sound of a skirmish occuring inside one of the rooms to the west. Asuka seemed to already have jumped into action, shouting her usual heroic rallying cry. Gods save whatever goblin gets in HER way. Poppy shared a look with Lor-Sinn letting her know the gnome had her covered and glanced about the walkways and hovels for any signs of the previously mentioned ambush idea. At the very least, others might've heard the fight and will come running.
Poppy hoisted her crossbow facing away from the direction of the room, preparing to fire at any hostile that approached their position from the forest of planks beyond.

Ready action to fire at the first creature(nonparty) she can see that pops out from the top or right on the map, essentially trying to cover their backs.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Both Kajiwara and Ruka miss for different reasons, Kajiwara swinging too softly that they avoid it and Ruka swinging with too much energy that she swings past it.

Samton casts a protective spell while Poppy readies a bolt if anyone comes to surprise them

Ruka:
Once Ruka over-swings, a voice in the back of her head says Don't swing so hard. Relax.

Lor-Sinn is up.


Tiefling Paladin (hospitaler) 1/Oracle of Life 1 | HP 22/22 | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | F +5 R +3 W +2 | CMD: 15 | Resist cold/electricity/fire 5 | Init +3 Per -1 | Darkvision 60 ft.

Through the two open doors, Lor-Sinn can see the crowded room where the goblins are. You'll never manage to get in there before Asuka makes them into mincemeat, she reasons, and imitates Poppy, aiming an arrow at their rear.

Attack, ready action: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Poppy and Lor-Sinn stand at the ready, waiting for an ambush.

Even though Samton provided assistance to Kajiwara, the two goblins in close quarters still manage to cut him with their blades, though neither one seems to do anything more than scratch. 2 Damage total

The third goblin picks up a broken vase and throws it at Kajiwara, but it misses badly and smashes into the head of the goblin between he and the the Tian man.

R2: Goblins, Samton, Lor-Sinn, Poppy, Ruka R2: Kajiwara, Asuka

GM:

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 4 - 4 = 4 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4


Female Human Slayer 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) (+1 vs traps)| Saves: F:+5, R:+5, W:+2 (+1 vs traps)| BAB: +2, CMB: 6, CMD: +18, | Init: +3 | Perc. +6 | Active Conditions: None
More Info:
Oppressive Expectations: Perception

On the one hand, Kajiwara had suggested taking them alive. On the other...

They're still trying to hurt him.

Well, as long as one of them survived it was probably fine.

Ruka remains focused on her target. Relax. Right. I can do that. She swings.

Murasamemaru, ST, PA: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 1 - 1 = 18
S. Damage, ST, PA: 1d10 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 13

Attacking Green. If Green goes down, I'll use my move action to study White.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Ruka's blade slices through a goblin, decapitating him with a tremendously powerful blow. The goblin head rolls across the floor and lands at the foot of the other archer who points at it and begins to laugh hysterically.

Perfect. a soft, faint and barely noticeable sound echoes in Ruka's head.


Challenge 1/1
Spells Remaining:
Spells/Effects Active:
Mage Armor
AC 18 T 14(18 vs incorp touch) FF 14| Current HP 20/20| F +4 R +3 W +1(+5 vs charm/compulsion)| Init +3| Perc +1 (-1 for sight) Low-light vision

”Great job, Kaijitsu-san!”

Asuka rushes into the opening of the downed goblin’s area, bobbing and weaving to avoid getting attacked while also faking out her target, slowing only for a moment to give Ruka a congratulatory pat on the shoulder.

Asuka uses her Kitsune’s Mystique ability to do a feint check while she moves

Acrobatics to Avoid AoO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Improved Feint vs White: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

She swings at the goblin with a mighty, if not the most accurate overhead chop.
Attack with Cold Iron Katana: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Human (Tian-Min) Monk (Zen Archer) 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 16, T 16, FF 10 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perception +8

Asuka’s entry prevents Kaji from continuing his attempt to knock one unconscious, he says, ”Asuka, try to keep one alive. We need answers about what happened here.”

He pulls out an arrow and fires an arrow at the other goblin, trying to force it into Ruka’s attack path.

Aid Ruka’s attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Tiefling Paladin (hospitaler) 1/Oracle of Life 1 | HP 22/22 | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | F +5 R +3 W +2 | CMD: 15 | Resist cold/electricity/fire 5 | Init +3 Per -1 | Darkvision 60 ft.

Seeing that no additional goblins were coming, and that the three inside seemed to have more than met their match in her companions, Lor-Sinn moves to open the door to the room opposite and check what is inside.

Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8


M Human Wiz 2 | HP 13/13 | AC 12/12/10 | CMD 12 | F+1 R+2 W+4 | Init +6 | Perc +1 |
Spells:
0: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Read Magic | 1st: Infernal Healing, Mage Armor, PfE + Enlarge Person |

Getting real lucky with those damage dice from the goblins.

While Kajiwara's wish to catch one of the crazy critters alive for questioning appealed to the wizard's inquisitiveness, Samton's sensible head had to object - just as curiosity killed the cat, it could easily become someone's death here. The goblins were simply getting too many hits in for the group to employ any half-measures. He wasn't risking anyone's life over this now, not until the goblins' numbers had at least been thinned.

With this in mind, Sam lifted his acid flask and once again set it aglow, sending a beam of green light through it to strike at the enemy.

Attack (touch): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Damage (acid): 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Targeting White here. Note the initiative order; at the time of attack Asuka is not next to it, and I am thusly not shooting into melee.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Kajiwara aids Ruka's excellently placed swing while Asuka makes a grand entrance, faking out the goblin nearby. She tries to follow it up with an attack, but is off balance from her feint and misses.

Samton's beam of green light strikes the goblin, causing him to scream out loudly in pain, spinning in a circle. He keeps spinning and spinning until he gets too dizzy and falls to the ground, rolling around holding the spot where Samton burned him.

The other goblin swings Kajiwara again, but is too distracted by the spinning goblin the ground that he mistimes his attack.

Lor-Sinn moves north into an empty room, finding no enemies or items of interest, only more destruction and signs of a struggle.

R3: Goblins, Samton, Lor-Sinn, Poppy, Ruka R4: Kajiwara, Asuka

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


Female Human Slayer 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) (+1 vs traps)| Saves: F:+5, R:+5, W:+2 (+1 vs traps)| BAB: +2, CMB: 6, CMD: +18, | Init: +3 | Perc. +6 | Active Conditions: None
More Info:
Oppressive Expectations: Perception

Good. One goblin dead. Another down and injured by whatever it was Sam did to it. A third still up and fighting.

Keep one alive, Kajiwara had said. Right. Ruka could do that. Just relax. Focus. You know what to do.

She reverses the blade and tries to slam the back of it into the goblin's head.

Murasamemaru, ST, Nonlethal: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 17
Nonlethal, ST: 1d10 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 = 8

Move action: Study Green
Standard action: Attack Green


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Ruka eliminates the second goblin with another well-aimed swing of Murasamemaru. The blade slices into the creatures head, cutting deep into its body and dropping it instantly from the blow. Only the spinning goblin on the ground left.


Challenge 1/1
Spells Remaining:
Spells/Effects Active:
Mage Armor
AC 18 T 14(18 vs incorp touch) FF 14| Current HP 20/20| F +4 R +3 W +1(+5 vs charm/compulsion)| Init +3| Perc +1 (-1 for sight) Low-light vision

Asuka is finding all of the close combat with multiple combatants very distracting. She finds her opening a beat too late, then steps to the side to leave an opening for Kaji

Attack with Cold Iron Katana: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Gnome "Gingerbread" Witch | HP 9/9 | AC 12, T 11, FF 11 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 | CMD 11 | Init +3 | Perception +4

As Poppy watched for signs of any newcomers to their scuffle, an anxious tingle crept up her neck. The thought that she wasn't helping enough by watching what appeared to be nothing, as shouts of pain emanated from within the room, some of which appeared to be human. They could be dying in there. What are you, watching for foes that aren't there?

When Lor-Sinn dropped her stance and burst into another nearby room behind them, she felt another push from her inner critic to try something different and Kaji's talk of "keeping one alive.", struck a chord in her. "Iz last camel straw broken.", she whispered to herself.

Poppy let the crossbow fall from her hands which caught then hung from its shoulder strap, before muttering a quick chant and rolled her fingers in a curious manner. She imagined the creatures that stalked the caverns of her youth. She thought of the smell and taste of their vile, barely cooked food and embraced their image in her sense memory, a form she hadn't taken in years. She finished with a flourish, twisting her hands from her head down to her toes, a new shape slowly emerging. This new figure appeared to be Poppy, but also not. The green skinned and decidely toothy individual resembled a goblinized version of the gnome, topped by a mohawk of red curls.

"Do NOT strike Goblin-Poppy, or I vill be peessed!", she barked quickly before backing up between Lor-Sinn and Asuka. Her language then turned guttural and piercing in an effort to cut through the cacophonous fight.

Goblin:
"No fight! Let live!" Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Poppy uses her standard action for the Disguise Hex and a move action to snuggle up between her allies and yell at all present.


Human (Tian-Min) Monk (Zen Archer) 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 16, T 16, FF 10 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perception +8

Kajiwara, preparing to move up and kick the goblin on the ground unconscious, stops as a...goblinized gnome tells them not to strike her and moves in to try and defuse the situation. Instead, he holds his action, ready to move in if the goblin tried to strike an apparently disguised Poppy.

Delaying until I see if this ruse works.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The goblin stops spinning when Goblin-Poppy enters the room. Looking up at Poppy strangely, it asks something in goblin-tongue. It makes no threatening gestures, for now.

Goblin:
"You not Licktoad! Who you?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Gnome "Gingerbread" Witch | HP 9/9 | AC 12, T 11, FF 11 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 | CMD 11 | Init +3 | Perception +4

Goblin-Poppy entered the recent warzone cautiously, stepping around as warm blood still dripped into the floorboards from a recently decapitated goblin. Her party had sure made a mess in here with their short work of the others, but she was glad that they had the wherewithall not to include HER newly transformed self among them. She scratched at the torn version of her illusory clothing unconciously before looked at the monster curiously and felt pity overwhelm her childhood fear of the creature. I know you'd slit my throat if my back was turned , but is that who you are or how you were raised...?

She realized everyone was staring at her and such ponderings could wait. Do something gross. To defuse any sense of imminent violence, she crouched close and threw up a common nonthreatening gesture, picking at her nose while she spoke.

Goblin:

"You right. No Licktoad. Call me Poppy. No clan for me. Who you? You want eats? We have questions."

Poppy ceased her gross manuever and looked through her bag briefly before pulling out one or two food bits. A tomato, large crumbles of parmesan, the last piece of a poppyseed muffin on the verge of staleness and cured strips of beef. She had a feeling which one it'd want most but shoved the muffin and cheese closer to it first as a show of good faith.

Goblin:
"You answer questions. You get food and freedom. Best day. Where your clan? Big clan or small? What they drag through town? "

If the goblin seems open to terms, Poppy then looked up at the group and asked, "Vhat do you vant to know?"


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The goblins eyes the beef in Poppy's hands while it snatches up the cheese and muffin, devouring them with a complete lack of grace or semblance of manners. It talks with its mouth full and responds to Poppy.

Goblin:
"Was big clan, now small clan. Bones come and kill most Licktoad. Take back box we steal from cave."


Female Gnome "Gingerbread" Witch | HP 9/9 | AC 12, T 11, FF 11 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 | CMD 11 | Init +3 | Perception +4

Confused, Poppy still relayed her conversation to the group and tossed the compliant snitch a strip of meat, leaving her with two. She continued her grunting verbage, glad that the amiable interrogation seemed to be going smoothly for the moment.

Goblin:
"Bones? Bone Clan? What was in box? Caves close?"


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The goblin devours the meat with as much fervor as the biscuit, but licks its lips when its done and seemingly enjoys it more (if it even tasted it?). It responds quickly, waiting for more food.

Goblin:
Walking bones! Dead bones! Sharp claws. Rip apart Licktoad tribe. Box was full of fireworks and other stuff. Caves not far. Muckbreath not go to caves!"[/b]


Female Gnome "Gingerbread" Witch | HP 9/9 | AC 12, T 11, FF 11 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 | CMD 11 | Init +3 | Perception +4

Walking bones? That's not an upsetting phrase at all.
Poppy threw her second to last meat piece to their new informant, taking in it's words slowly before translating. It had been a long time since she'd spoken in this tongue and wanted to be as clear as possible to both parties.

Goblin:
"You Muckbreath? Tallfolk came to swamp looking for Licktoads. They missing. Any tallfolk still live?"

Poppy wracked her brain for more questions, this was not a position she'd ever imagined finding herself in. She then lifted the lone piece of food in her hand and spoke to the group, "Last chance for friendly questions...".


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The goblin pounds his chest, still eyeing Poppy's food. "Muckbreath."

Licking his lips, he starts to drool in anticipation of the meat. "No longshanks here. Bones probably get them. Chief say kill all longshanks or bones."

The goblin reaches for and attempts to snatch the meat from Poppy.

201 to 250 of 644 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's Jade Regent All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.