Gimble's [Gameday VIII] PFS 2e #1-01 The Absalom Initiation (1-4) Table 2

Game Master Eric Sklavos

Slides

Currently in: Exploration Mode
Initiative: Out of Initiative


1 to 50 of 100 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Gameplay thread is open. Go ahead and dot in and introduce your characters. Gameplay is still not set to start until Monday August 26th.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Orc Init:- HP:17 Hero:1 Focus:0 Cleric (Warpriest) of Sarenrae 1

Sunlight glints blightly off a small silver visage Sarenrae as it rocks on the weathered half-orc's chest. Ashnak excitedly shifts from foot to foot as he waits outside of the Grand Lodge and glances around curiously to take in all of the sights. The well-tailored clothes and fresh soap at odds with the last few months of his life out on the plains among his extended family.

Grand Archive

Female Human Rogue/1

The somewhat diminutive woman stands almost imperceptable within the crowd. Though Elsa switched her regular dark clothes and leathers for a dress, her natural shyness and tendency to hide kicked in as soon as she saw the crowd. She looked around for the head initiate, hoping to get whatever was going to happen over with quickly.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

We're one week from the official start, but lets start the prelude.

Everyone receives the following letter: OPEN LETTER


HP 13/13| AC 13 Training 1-Healing Minor/2 Spells

A small person with purple robes enters the Grand Lodge. He moves about unnoticed for the most part. He carries a small staff with owl's head on it. He smells like coffee and he stands quietly in the shadows for the moment.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Everyone has received the following letter:

Pathfinders,

I do hope you’ll join us at the Grand Lodge for the celebration to congratulate the most recent group of initiates—yourselves included! A good time is certain to be had by all, but it’s more than just a party. Gatherings like this are an excellent opportunity to rub elbows with the Society’s leadership and get to know them. That means you’ll always be quick to know about the best opportunities as soon as they arise. I hope you’ll take advantage of the event to put your best foot forward. I’m looking forward to seeing you there!

—Janira Gavix, Pathfinder Society Head Initiate


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

It seems as though the entire Grand Lodge has the air of a celebration. The great gates are flung wide, and the phoenix trees lining the entryway are in full flame. The halls of the main tower of Skyreach, normally somber and reserved, echo with the sound of voices and music. The great ballroom is decked for a celebration, with colorful banners and bunting along the walls, tables replete with food and drink, and a jovial cacophony of conversation rising from Pathfinders of all ancestries, nations, and backgrounds.

After a quick scan of the room, it’s obvious that many of the attendees have gathered in small groups here and there. A half-orc woman in an iconic ship captain’s hat stands near the punch bowl, handing cups to anyone who passes within reach, and a dark-skinned half-elf leads a small group of new agents around the room, introducing them to other attendees. Several senior agents stand in quiet conferral ith a dark-haired Taldan man with a distinctive chin strap beard, while a scholarly dwarf tells a rousing tale to a growing audience.

A familiar blond halfling woman bounces over, bubbling with excitement. Janira Gavix, Head Initiate of the Pathfinder Society, grins, “Oh, I’m so glad you made it! After all, the celebration is for you. Have you gotten drinks? Snacks? Be sure to spend some time getting to know everyone—it’s best to be on good terms with the movers and shakers in the Society, that’s how you learn about the latest opportunities. I’ll be here if you need me to help you with anyone’s names or to make an introduction. Just let me know how I can help!” Janira gestures everyone forward into the room, beaming all the while.


HP 13/13| AC 13 Training 1-Healing Minor/2 Spells

Nox walks up to Janira Hello my friend. Glad to be here. I am so happy to be selected to be here. Who is this? Nox say asking about the dark half elf. Nox is dressed in a purple robe he stands about 2 and half feet. He has brown hair and green eyes. He grips his staff with owl head on it very carefully. His spell components give off a an aroma of coffee and peppermint. He speaks very fast and kinda high pitch.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

GM Screen:

1: 1d10 ⇒ 2
2: 4d10 ⇒ (9, 2, 4, 1) = 16

Nox: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Elsa: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Ashnak: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Roara: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Requiem: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Nox asks about the half-elf and Janira bubbles with excitement, "Ah, yes! That is Fola Barun, leader of the Envoy's Alliance faction. She is one of our best recruiters and absolutely loves new members. Why don't you all go over and meet her!"

As the group makes their way toward Fola, you notice that she is talking to a pale human woman with narrow eyes and an heir of arrogance.

In order to get time with Fola, you'll each need to try and impress the one she's talking to (this will impress Fola with your social and investigative ability). Describe what you are doing and make a skill check of your choice. I have made secret checks already to see who knows what about the pale woman. You may communicate this information with the rest of the group. Enough successful skill checks will get you "extra" time with Fola.

Everyone seems to agree that the woman Fola is talking to is Zarta Dralneen, A Chelaxian expatriate once known for hedonism, Zarta Dralneen was betrayed by her country, receiving official condemnation based on false charges. Since then, she has set her old lifestyle aside to focus on other priorities. She has long helped the Society root out dangerous artifacts and uncataloged perils within its vaults. Zarta hopes to reinforce the value of organizing, preserving, and safeguarding information. She seems to enjoy the subjects surrounding Arcana, Occultism, and Academia.

I have updated the slides with pictures of the party's attendees.

Grand Archive

Female - Init:- HP: 18/18 Hero Points:1 AC:16 Perception: +4 Senses: Low-Light Vision Reagents: 6+1 Familar/day Used: 0 Gnome Alchemist 1

Roara looks towards the pair, smiling as the cat perched across her shoulders turns its head towards her ear and leans in to nuzzle it. She hmms thoughtfully, nodding, then reaches a hand up to pet the Siamese under the chin, its body is a traditional cream color, but its markings are an unnatural shade of bright, aqua blue, the same color as its owner's unruly mop of shoulder length hair.

Roara steps towards Zarta, not at all put off by the less than friendly look the human is giving off. "Oh my stars!! I cannot believe my luck. Not even out in the field yet and already meeting a legend!" She gushes easily to Zarta, unable to fully contain her excitement. The feline on her shoulders gives Roara a light slap to the head with his tail, and the gnome blushes, bowing to both Fola and Zarta, "My apologies. Where are my manners! Greetings to you both, my name is Roara, and this is my familiar Bori." The feline bows his head as well as she continues in a far more controlled tone. "Lady Zarta, it is a pleasure to be able to meet you in person. Your efforts in collecting and preserving ancient magic inspired me to join the Society. If it isn't too much trouble, I would love to hear your thoughts on the preservation of elemental energy. Most of the texts I have found on the subject are in the elemental languages, which sadly are not among the seven languages I am fluent in currently."

Discuss Knowledge Arcana:
Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

As Roara tries to discuss the subject, her excitement causes her to stumble on her words a bit.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Orc Init:- HP:17 Hero:1 Focus:0 Cleric (Warpriest) of Sarenrae 1

Ashnak’s smile turns into an excited grin upon hearing Fola’s name. His eyes widen in recognition of the Chelaxian and her achievements and he digs in his memory. Hmm think fast, what would interest her? Goblin drinking songs, nah, orcish sports, no not intellectual enough. Oh! I got it -- oral legends of goblin tribes, ancient (to goblins) myths and their traditional shamanism, preferably not involving horses.He rubs the holy symbol around his neck and mutters a brief prayer as he does his best to recall it all accurately.
Casting Guidance +1 to a skill check
Occultism Check untrained: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Religion Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
The tattooed and branded half-orc steps up with the group and jovially joins in the small talk, shake hands and perform introductions. ”Hello! Hello! May the light of the Dawnflower brighten your days. Ashnak Ivarson at your service. You must be Zarta Dralneen, thank you so much for your work preserving old myths and tales. I hope my efforts at transcribing the Embersong Goblin’s oldest traditions can help that in some small way.”
Diplomacy, Make An Impression: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


HP 13/13| AC 13 Training 1-Healing Minor/2 Spells

Nox seeing Fola and the gnome talking gives him courage. He wanders over to Fola and says Excuse me, I can’t believe my luck Desna must be smiling at me. I am such a huge fan of research and sine I myself am writing a research paper on transmutation. I was wondering if you had a minute. Social Roll 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 . I had noticed in your last paper you talked about the transmutation properties of the naig leaf which grows in Varisa. I was wondering what your insight would be it that leaf was used a necromancy spell?”

Horizon Hunters

Male NG Half-Orc Bard 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 16 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 25ft | Focus points: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

A large half-orc with green skin but a beaming, toothed grin approaches the conversation. "Ah, Madam Dralneen. Perhaps we might discuss the ins and outs of proper library etiquette over a bottle of Chelaxian red? I imagine that particular vintage would pair well while discussing grimoires..."

Bardic Lore (Knowledge: Academia): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Req smirks a bit as he feels like he's mastered the delivery.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Roara approaches Zarta and tries a bit of flattery. She seems to stumble over her words a bit, but the subject matter seems to interest Zarta and you can see a subtle smile behind her narrow, attentive eyes.

Zarta's eyes move to the half-orc as he starts to talk about the preservation of myths. Her judgmental eyes seem to soften a bit as she listens with interest.

Nox engages Zarta in conversation and regarding the Naig leaf and its possible alternate uses. Zarta looks down upon the halfling with interest, engaging Nox in conversation about uses of the leaf she hadn't previously considered.

Zarta's eyebrow raises a little bit at the mention of the Chelaxian wine wondering what the proper wine is for proper library etiquette.

After your conversations with Zarta Dralneen, Fola smiles and greets you, "Hello newcomers. I do enjoy watching new agents get their feet wet and you jumped right into the fire. Zarta can be quite intimidating for some, but you all handled yourselves splendidly." Fola thinks for a moment then continues, "Tell you what, I've got a little job for you if you're interested. A scholar at the College of Mysteries has been working on an interesting new ritual that’s has led to considerable division among her colleagues. She’s been under growing pressure to leave the college, so now might be a good time to contact her, determine if she would be a good fit for the Pathfinder Society, and, if so, recruit her. What do you think?"

Assuming you accept: "Wonderful! Here's a bit of advice; most situations can be resolved with the spoken word and even strong or deceptive words are still by far better than physical blows. Here, take this." Fola holds out a vial. "This can help you. It's a lesser silvertongue mutagen."

"Now go and enjoy the rest of the party."

Janira finds you after your conversation with Fola, "Isn't this wonderful! Who are you going to rub shoulders with next?"

You have the half-orc by the punch bowl, the dwarf telling stories, and the dark-haired Taldan man to choose from.

Grand Archive

Female - Init:- HP: 18/18 Hero Points:1 AC:16 Perception: +4 Senses: Low-Light Vision Reagents: 6+1 Familar/day Used: 0 Gnome Alchemist 1

Roara is still visibly excited after her chat with Zarta, the encounter having left her energized and feeling ready to take on anything. As she listens to Fola's potential job, she feels herself empathizing with the scholar's plight. "That poor girl... She sounds like she could use a kindred spirit right now. I would consider it an honor to be able to help her find her path."

She takes the offered vial from Fola with a bow of her head in gratitude, "I could not agree with you more. Words can be just as powerful as the strongest weapons when wielded the right way. Here is to hoping that those naysayers have not wounded her too deeply already. Thank you."

When Janira catches up to her, she offers a jovial greeting back, and then casts her gaze across the room. Three individuals seems to stand out to her, but one in particular piques her curiosity more than the others. She bids goodbye to Janira, then walks towards the dwarf, surely he must have quite the stories given the crowd around him, and perhaps she can learn something from those adventures.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

GM Screen:

Nox: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Elsa: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Ashnak: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Roara: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Requiem: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Roara excitedly starts toward the dwarf and Janira speaks up as the group makes their way over to him, "That's Gorm Greathammer, the leader of the Grand Archive faction. He does tell the most colorful stories." As you make your way over you notice him talking to a tall, tan man with meticulously groomed hair and mutton chops.

Everyone seems to agree that the person Gorm is talking to is Ambros Valsin, the Steward of the Grand Lodge. He runs the daily operations of the Grand Lodge with a keen eye for details while also overseeing Pathfinders’ missions in Absalom. Ambrus appreciates agents who work hard and stay out of trouble. He is also impressed with feats of strength and agility.

Again, each of you try to impress Ambros Valsin and roll a single appropriate skill check.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Orc Init:- HP:17 Hero:1 Focus:0 Cleric (Warpriest) of Sarenrae 1

Ashnak nods to Fola and in agreement with Roara."I am happy to assist anyone in need. Diversity only strengthens society.

He fills and passes out cups of punch to the others near him and pc's as he listens to Gorm's and Ambros' small talk before chiming in about about his own participation in Orcish sports and using it as a basis for teaching lessons about human culture and rules.

Society: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Horizon Hunters

Male NG Half-Orc Bard 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 16 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 25ft | Focus points: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Craft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Req is more well versed in wordplay and music than manual labor, but he tries to make a passing effort describing how he made a harp... that kept breaking its strings. He doesn't seem to be doing very well in his efforts though.

Vigilant Seal

The halfling became noticable excited upon hearing there was a job of sorts and decided to immediately head towards the half orc by the punch boat until he noticed the rest of his peers were headed towards the Steward.

Following suit, probably a little too disinterested that he moved quite slowly until he wa sright behind him, the ruffian introduced himself to "Master Valsin. I'm Araganz. I don't believe I'm anyone noteworthy but I had the opportunity to work with some of your Pathfinders in one of their expeditions to the Planes for some business. Not that I'd know much. I was the hired help."

Background = Savior of Air

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


HP 13/13| AC 13 Training 1-Healing Minor/2 Spells

Nox asks Master Greathammer what has been the most challenging of your adventures? Social 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 . He hopes his knowledge of the social arts is good enough of a conversation starter.

Grand Archive

Female - Init:- HP: 18/18 Hero Points:1 AC:16 Perception: +4 Senses: Low-Light Vision Reagents: 6+1 Familar/day Used: 0 Gnome Alchemist 1

Roara bows in greeting to both men, acknowledging her leader first. "Good day to you Master Greathammer, tis always a pleasure to catch up with you," she then turns to Ambros to continue, "And to you as well. I imagine you must have quite the collection of stories with all that comes through the lodge's doors Sir. Perhaps I could regale you with one?" She proceeds to tell them about a time where she was exploring a dilapidated building thought to have information on one the lost lost lodges.

Lore Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Using a combination of her engineering knowledge to determine the safest places to maneuver through, and being light on her feet, she was able to salvage some papers from the place before it collapsed, but not as much she had hoped to retrieve. At the end she adds, "Despite not being able to get all the items I had hoped to, I am confident that we will be able to recover any other manuscripts that might still be there."


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

As you try and impress Ambros Valsin, Ashnak speaks to him about orcish sports, but it doesn't quite translate.

Requiem talks about the process of creating a harp, but he's probably much better at actually doing it that describing the process.

Araganz sneaks right up behind Ambros before speaking making him startle a bit before smiling and commending the halfling on the art of being subtle.

Nox works on getting Ambros to talk about himself and he obliges. Who doesn't like talking about themselves?

Roara talks about her exploits and her ability to move through precarious situations.

Overall, Ambros was pleased with the conversations and moves on. Gorm turns to you, "Well, that went well. You all are quite the storytellers. Tell you what, I've got a little something you can do for me. You see, there's this partially collapsed house in the Precipice Quarter, long rumored to be haunted. It has been marked for demolition in the next few days as the house was severely damaged in the earthquake of 4698 ar, but rumors of strange activity there long predate the quake. I would like you to uncover the history of the house before its demolished. What do you think? Make a good story, huh?"

Assuming you say yes: "Wonderful! To help you along, I've got this for you." He pulls out a Scroll of Magic Missile. "Good Luck and enjoy the rest of the party."

Where to next? You've got the Half-orc monitoring the punch bowl and the dark-haired Taldan.


HP 13/13| AC 13 Training 1-Healing Minor/2 Spells

Nox says Wonderful I would be glad to accept this mission. He will take the scroll of Magic Missile . He bows and then moves over to dark-haired Taldan. Greetings Sir how are you this fine night?
social 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Horizon Hunters

Male NG Half-Orc Bard 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 16 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 25ft | Focus points: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Second the Taldan

Grand Archive

Female - Init:- HP: 18/18 Hero Points:1 AC:16 Perception: +4 Senses: Low-Light Vision Reagents: 6+1 Familar/day Used: 0 Gnome Alchemist 1

Roara accepts the job without hesitation, vowing to use what she has learned from her past mistakes to have a more successful expedition this time. She thanks Ambros for the generous offering, then takes her leave, following suit with the other in approaching the Taldan next.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

GM Screen:

Nox: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Elsa: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Ashnak: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Roara: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Requiem: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Janira bubbles with pride as you continue to impress the faction leaders, "You guys are doing wonderful. That one is a bit standoffish, but Eando Kline can be a very useful ally, especially as the leader of the Envoy's Alliance faction. He's been around a long time and seen a lot of things. Go on, you'll do great." Janira ushers you in Eando's direction. As you approach you see him talking to an eccentric and absent-minded elf with long, blond hair.

Elsa, Ashnak, and Roara recognize the elf that Eando is talking to as Kreighton Shaine, the Master of Scrolls. He's a brilliant puzzle-solver and code-breaker, though his odd mannerisms leave many agents bewildered.

Nox recognizes Kreighton Shaine as well and tells everyone that in addition to loving puzzles and games, the Master of Scrolls is interested in obscure knowledge in all forms.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Orc Init:- HP:17 Hero:1 Focus:0 Cleric (Warpriest) of Sarenrae 1

Ashnak is chattering excitedly to his fellow initiates. As he hails from Absolom he is more than a bit starstruck at this point as it dawns on him just how many important pathfinders are freely mingling about the party.

After introductions and small talk he brings up unusual but effective battlefield medicine techniques that have come about from working with less socially accepted races.

Medicine: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Vigilant Seal

There aren't that many things the halfling could talk about but from what he was told about the Master of Scrolls, Araganz started to query on some interesting traps he encountered or heard of in the past. Puzzles, but deadlier in consequence.

Thievery: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Horizon Hunters

Male NG Half-Orc Bard 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 16 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 25ft | Focus points: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Obscure Knowledge: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

"Master Sheine! So good to see you! I read your studies on the "Religious Rituals and Migrations of Gillmen" and was wondering if you would like to discuss your findings!"

How is that for obscure knowledge? ;)


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Ashnak goes into detail on the differences in battlfield medicine dependent on knowing the different anatomies of different races. Kreighton Shaine smiles with interest as he engages in the conversation.

Araganz talks about intriguing and deadly puzzle traps, which Kreighton finds extremely fascinating and even makes a note to look up some more interesting ones to send to the halfling in the future.

Requiem uses his vast knowledge to recall a report he read on gillmen. Kreighton says that might be more of a specialty of your host, Janira, but he finds the subject very interesting.

The Master of Scrolls finds everyone's conversation interesting and he thanks you for a lovely conversation and takes his leave.

Eando listens and watches in silence and simply raises an eyebrow as the conversation wraps up, "Hmm, maybe I had you pegged wrong. You are much more than you appear. That's good. Maybe you could be of use to me. I've got a little job for some competent new Pathfinders. Some time ago, a whistleblower revealed a possible threat to Absalom related to one of the siege castles. In response, however, that individual was silenced and eventually petrified during the Charge of the Gorgon. I suspect foul play and I have leveraged my contacts to get a writ allowing the victim to be restored. I would like the you to find this individual and free him from his stone prison with this." He holds out a vial, "This is a greater salve of antiparalysis and is only to be used on the target individual." He pauses for a moment to let his words sink in. "After you free him find out about his alleged threat to the city. This is a lot to ask of new initiates, but I believe you are competent enough to handle the task." He's about to let you go then speaks at you again, "One more thing, you have clearly shown that you have some decent people skills. Here's a list of contacts across Absalom you can use to help gain information. Let them know that I sent you and they won't hold back any information they have." This will give the group a bonus on a single Diplomacy check to Gather Information during this scenario.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

GM Screen:

Nox: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Elsa: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Ashnak: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Roara: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Requiem: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Janira's eyes widen as you start to make your way to the half-orc, "That's Calisro Benarry, former captain of the ship and Pathfinder lodge, the Grinning Pixie. She is now the leader of the Horizon Hunter's faction." As you approach, Calisro is offering to "spice up" the drink of a well-groomed, clean-shaven man of Qadiran descent, dressed finely and flashing a charming smile.

Everyone but Roara recognizes the man as Aaqir al-Hakam the former leader of the Exchange faction. He makes his living through a global trade network and perks up to hear about business opportunities, trading partners, and the like.

Make conversation and impress Aaqir al-Hakam so as to impress Calisro Benarry.

Slides have been updated.


HP 13/13| AC 13 Training 1-Healing Minor/2 Spells

Nox walks ups and starts to discuss the transmutation magic effect on alchemy items. His point is to ask what is the economic changes on these items. society 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Orc Init:- HP:17 Hero:1 Focus:0 Cleric (Warpriest) of Sarenrae 1

Ashnak gladly swaps gossip about what is trading among his kin here in Absalom and what is curretnly in demand.

LORE, Absalom: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Nox has a wonderful discussion with Aaqir al-Hakam, which Ashnak tries to add to. After the discussion, he thanks Nox for a wonderful conversation and moves on.

Calisro Benarry offers Nox a little nip from her own private stash, "I had hoped more of you were a bit better on the social end, but these things can be a bit overwhelming. Tell you what, I've got something that might be more up your ally. Something a new group of Pathfinders might enjoy. A wrecked ship has recently cycled to the surface in the Flotsam Graveyard, with signs that it might date back to the original Silent Tide invasion—a centuries-past naval operation by Taldan operatives known as the Black Echelon attempting to take control of Absalom. Calisro points out that a newly uncovered vessel from that era would be a great discovery for a group of new Pathfinder agents—however, it seems that the people who informed her of the ship got scared off by something on board. I need you to visit the ship and either verify or disprove the ship’s rumored origin. Now if a group of recruits aboard a newly surfaced ship were to return to shore in style it would probably impress the other Patfhinders. Good luck, and enjoy the rest of the party."

Summary of Quests:

Fola Barun: A scholar at the College of Mysteries has been working on an interesting new ritual that’s has led to considerable division among her colleagues. She’s been under growing pressure to leave the college, so now might be a good time to contact her, determine if she would be a good fit for the Pathfinder Society, and, if so, recruit her.

Gorm Greathammer: There's a partially collapsed house in the Precipice Quarter, long rumored to be haunted. It has been marked for demolition in the next few days as the house was severely damaged in the earthquake of 4698 ar, but rumors of strange activity there long predate the quake. I would like you to uncover the history of the house before its demolished.

Eando Kline: Some time ago, a whistleblower revealed a possible threat to Absalom related to one of the siege castles. In response, however, that individual was silenced and eventually petrified during the Charge of the Gorgon. I suspect foul play and I have leveraged my contacts to get a writ allowing the victim to be restored. I would like the you to find this individual and free him from his stone prison. After you free him find out about his alleged threat to the city.

Calisro Benarry: A wrecked ship has recently cycled to the surface in the Flotsam Graveyard, with signs that it might date back to the original Silent Tide invasion—a centuries-past naval operation by Taldan operatives known as the Black Echelon attempting to take control of Absalom. Calisro points out that a newly uncovered vessel from that era would be a great discovery for a group of new Pathfinder agents—however, it seems that the people who informed her of the ship got scared off by something on board. I need you to visit the ship and either verify or disprove the ship’s rumored origin.

Enjoy the rest of the party then decide where you would like to go first.

Grand Archive

Female - Init:- HP: 18/18 Hero Points:1 AC:16 Perception: +4 Senses: Low-Light Vision Reagents: 6+1 Familar/day Used: 0 Gnome Alchemist 1

Roara smiles as she watches the exchange between Calisro and Aaqir, and says to the half-orc, "Well now, it seems I should have come to you far earlier this evening. If you are so inclined, I would be willing to indulge in something a bit... spicier." She is already holding an empty glass up to Calisro, and after a pause, she adds, "Or... we could add in a bit of something I have been working on..." at which point she uses a free hand to retrieve a small vial from one of her pockets. The cloudy liquid inside shimmers in the low light, and seems to shift colors as you look at it. She sighs softly as she stares at the liquid, "one of my last tastes of home, " she says, as the tips of her hair shift to a darker shade of blue.

Crafting-Alchemical: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

You have 4 quests to choose from. Their summarized in my previous post.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Orc Init:- HP:17 Hero:1 Focus:0 Cleric (Warpriest) of Sarenrae 1

Ashnak gives a toothy grin as he finishes his punch in a single gulp. "Oh wow not one, but four tasks! One can never have enough friends so I say we go help out that scholar! While we are there we may be able to find out more about the haunted house or the ship."He pauses for a moment and scratches his head."I don't think I caught their name, did any of you?"

Horizon Hunters

Male NG Half-Orc Bard 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 16 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 25ft | Focus points: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Requiem shrugs at the list of quests. "Seems that we have to do all of them, so I'm not sure the order matters much. The scholar is as good of a start as any."


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

You all enjoy the rest of the party and are excited to having made new contacts and actually got a few jobs to test your merit. The next morning you are all eager to make your mark and decide to head to the Petals District to look for the scholar from College of mysteries experimenting with a new ritual.

You may spend a couple hours to find out more about student by gathering information (Diplomacy checks).

Horizon Hunters

Male NG Half-Orc Bard 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 16 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 25ft | Focus points: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Diplomcacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Requiem considers learning more, and should be a perfect candidate for this... but apparently drank too much at the party and walks the way to the College singing bawdy songs.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Orc Init:- HP:17 Hero:1 Focus:0 Cleric (Warpriest) of Sarenrae 1

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Ashnak grins at Requiem's antics and hums along. He breaks off here and there asking around politely and chatting a few of the devout Serenraens. "I hear there may be a rather curious researcher who needs an understanding ear. Do you know where I can find them?"


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

GM Screen:

1d4 ⇒ 3

Ashnak asks around and finds that the name of the student in question is Tavvar and she has been working on the ritual for several days at the Blackros Museum after its normal hours of operation, with some assistants aiding her. They also mention that they've talked to one of her assistants and Tavvar doesn't seem to have much field experience and might have made a mistake in which mushrooms she used in the ink for the runes.

Grand Archive

Female - Init:- HP: 18/18 Hero Points:1 AC:16 Perception: +4 Senses: Low-Light Vision Reagents: 6+1 Familar/day Used: 0 Gnome Alchemist 1

Roara follows along after the two half-orcs, Requiem's songs putting her in a better mood after her first choice of missions having been overruled.

She perks up once Ashnak gets a decent lead, and while her own field is more alchemical, she knows all too well what can happen if even one ingredient is off on a formula. She follows up with, "What kind of mushrooms did she use?" recalling her own knowledge of rituals to confirm their suspicions.

Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Occultism: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Roara knows that using the wrong ingredients in a ritual can be bring upon flaws and be extremely dangerous and in some cases deadly. In extreme cases, these flaws can even manifest themselves physically.

Vigilant Seal

"Ask also if they know what mushrooms she was supposed to use and if we can just buy them off someone on the way. Maybe we'll actually see how the ritual is supposed to work if done correctly."


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)
Araganz wrote:
"Ask also if they know what mushrooms she was supposed to use and if we can just buy them off someone on the way. Maybe we'll actually see how the ritual is supposed to work if done correctly."

Roara has gotten all the information you guys can get. Next stop is the Museum, unless there's something else you want to get or do before heading there, but it seems that time is of the essence if they're doing the ritual wrong.

Grand Archive

Female - Init:- HP: 18/18 Hero Points:1 AC:16 Perception: +4 Senses: Low-Light Vision Reagents: 6+1 Familar/day Used: 0 Gnome Alchemist 1

Roara's eyes widen as she gets the additional information. She thanks the ones that provided their assistance then turns to her compatriots. "This is not good my friends. We should seek this Tavvar out immediately before it is too late!" The gnome is already on her way to the museum, not waiting for a reply from the group on this pressing matter, hoping that there is still time to prevent catastrophe from befalling the student.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Orc Init:- HP:17 Hero:1 Focus:0 Cleric (Warpriest) of Sarenrae 1

"Thank you and Goddess Bless"Dopplers as the young missionary beats feet to catch up to the Gnome. He hopes they make it their on time.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

The group hastily makes their way to the Blackros Museum. It's after hours and the doors are closed, but unlocked. Shortly after entering you are politely greeted by one of the staff cleaning up for the day, "Hello. Welcome to the museum, but we are closed for the day."

@Araganz: Do you have an image of your character you'd like me to use on the maps or shall I just find something?

Grand Archive

Female - Init:- HP: 18/18 Hero Points:1 AC:16 Perception: +4 Senses: Low-Light Vision Reagents: 6+1 Familar/day Used: 0 Gnome Alchemist 1

Roara smiles and bows her head in greeting to the worker. "Good evening to you! Please accept our apologies for disturbing you while you work. We are here to assist Tavvar with her work, and got delayed on our way here. Would you be able to point us in her direction?"

1 to 50 of 100 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gimble's [Gameday VIII] PFS 2e #1-01 The Absalom Initiation (1-4) Table 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.