Gimble's [Gameday VIII] PFS 2e #1-01 The Absalom Initiation (1-4) Table 2

Game Master Eric Sklavos

Slides

Currently in: Exploration Mode
Initiative: Out of Initiative


51 to 100 of 100 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

the staff member points you toward a staircase in the north west corner of the museum. You make your way upstairs.

To your left is a hallway lined with office doors. Looking south, the museum opens up to several exhibits.

Map is updated.

Vigilant Seal

The halfling gives a look over the exhibits whether from what he could directly observe or from the names of the exhibits to see if anything stood out.

Arcana: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Elemental Lore: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Occultism: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Orc Init:- HP:17 Hero:1 Focus:0 Cleric (Warpriest) of Sarenrae 1

"Let's split up to find her. Who wants to check these rooms?"He gestures at the offices." I will head up to the third floor."
Ashnak follows Araganz and then heads up the sweeping stairway.

Horizon Hunters

Male NG Half-Orc Bard 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 16 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 25ft | Focus points: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Requiem shrugs. "I dunno. Splitting up generally isn't a good plan, but we should keep moving."

Grand Archive

Female - Init:- HP: 18/18 Hero Points:1 AC:16 Perception: +4 Senses: Low-Light Vision Reagents: 6+1 Familar/day Used: 0 Gnome Alchemist 1

"I agree with Requiem. We should explore together, although if she is working on the ritual, she most likely won't be down that hall, she would need more space than a mere office could provide. Still... Oh!" She grins suddenly and takes Bori off her shoulders and gently sets him on the floor. "Please go check down the hall here for any activity. With the museum being closed, it SHOULD be quiet, but lets not take chances." The cat peers back up at his Mistress, bows his head in acknowledgement, then pads off down the hall along the left side first, keeping close to the wall with his ears perked.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

@Araganz: The exhibits are a ways away from where you are.
If you'd like to move away from the party, move your token, or tell me where you are going.

Roara lets her familiar walk down the hall.

Roara:
Roara gets the sense that the cat doesn't see or hear anything, but the further away from you your familiar gets, the more uneasy Bori feels. An almost unnatural feeling.

Requium and Roara voice their uneasiness regarding splitting the party.

@Ashnak and Araganz: Are you heading to the exhibits to the south toward the stairs?

Vigilant Seal

I guess so depending on how this perception roll pans out to get a feel of the museum. I didn't know they were far away. Maybe sense motive with the staff member as well but I can't seem to find it in the sheet so I'll have to quickly ask around how that works in 2e.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Sense Motive has been rolled into Perception.

Araganz gets the sense that the museum staff member, though disinterested in any goings on outside what he's doing, he isn't trying to deceive you in any way.

Araganz and Ashnak hurry forward toward the stairs.
I placed your tokens at the beginning of the room where the exhibits are to the south.

A gigantic reptilian beast is on display in the center of this expansive gallery, ferociously leering over the collection of taxidermy animals and monsters. Shadows flit between the displays, meandering and shuffling shapes reminiscent of museum patrons. Then a distant shriek echoes off the walls, as the shadow of a stuffed owlbear lashes out at one of the shadow-visitors with its talons. The shadow of the tyrannosaur in the room’s center departs from its source and snaps at the misty image of another patron, tossing its head back and seeming to swallow its meal nearly whole. Other shadows snarl and hiss, scuffling amongst themselves as shadow-guests panic and run toward the exit.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Orc Init:- HP:17 Hero:1 Focus:0 Cleric (Warpriest) of Sarenrae 1

Ashnak's eyes go wide as he sees the horrific and chaotic shadowplay.
His mind races as he tries to figure out what is happening and he shouts out. "We are under attack! The shadows!"
Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Occult/Arcana: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
He draws his scimitar and blesses it (casting magic weapon) and takes a defensive stance to interpose himself between the shadow beasts and fleeing shadow patrons.

Grand Archive

Female - Init:- HP: 18/18 Hero Points:1 AC:16 Perception: +4 Senses: Low-Light Vision Reagents: 6+1 Familar/day Used: 0 Gnome Alchemist 1

Roara stares after her familiar down the hall, shivering as she feels something in the air but cannot quite place it. "I pray we are not already too late..." she says to Requium before following after Bori, keeping tight to the wall as she readies her crossbow just in case. She meets up with her familiar outside the first door on the left, just as she hears shouting from the other direction. She mutters a rather unladylike curse at the shout under her breath and looks down to her familiar, shaking her head before looking to the door before her, taking a moment to listen for herself before deciding whether to risk leaving this hall unexplored.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Horizon Hunters

Male NG Half-Orc Bard 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 16 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 25ft | Focus points: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

"Well.. that's odd." Requiem looks around with a critical eye. "Illusion, or actual danger?"


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Not knowing quite what's going on, Ashnak takes up a defensive stance as the shadows move around him. He notices some one of the beasts, possibly a serpent, attacking his own shadow. His shadow with its scimitar in hand begins to fight back.

Roara hears Ashnak cry out, but can also hear some chanting of sorts coming from beyond the Hall of Legendary Beasts.

Grand Archive

Female - Init:- HP: 18/18 Hero Points:1 AC:16 Perception: +4 Senses: Low-Light Vision Reagents: 6+1 Familar/day Used: 0 Gnome Alchemist 1

Roara curses under her breath again as she hears the chanting. "This is soooo not good..." she grumbles as she beckons Bori to follow and takes off at a run towards the Hall of Legendary Beasts. The cat is quick on her heels, having no desire to find himself left behind with the strange aura in the air.

She trades her crossbow for a Sunrod, striking it against the wall to activate it. "We need to get up those stairs, NOW!" she says as she uses the rod to point towards where she heard the chanting coming from, "We need to stop the source, before we can think about taking... this... on." She gestures at the moving shadows as if to emphasize that they should not be the primary concern right now.

Vigilant Seal

Quite above his own field of expertise the halfling instead withdraws a little towards the entrance from which the pair entered from and looks for the lightsources in the room to see if there is any relation to the shadows which are being made or a clue to their source.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Orc Init:- HP:17 Hero:1 Focus:0 Cleric (Warpriest) of Sarenrae 1

Ashnak shakes his head as if to clear it and advances up the stairs with his shield raised. The half-orc is still quite disturbed by the shadows. "H-hello? Tavvar? Are you alright up there?" He calls as he tops the stairs.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Araganz looks a bit more carefully at the shadows and easily sees that the shadows are moving on their own.

Just as Ashnak calls out an unintelligible scream of distress comes from the room above.

Grand Archive

Female - Init:- HP: 18/18 Hero Points:1 AC:16 Perception: +4 Senses: Low-Light Vision Reagents: 6+1 Familar/day Used: 0 Gnome Alchemist 1

Roara runs through the room to the stairs, hot on Ashnak's heels. She is waving her Sunrod around as she goes to try and ward off any shadows that get too close to her, determined to make it up the stairs. "Please let us not be too late," she murmurs to herself as she takes the stairs up as quick as her gnomish legs can carry her.

Horizon Hunters

Male NG Half-Orc Bard 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 16 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 25ft | Focus points: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Requiem joins the rest of the group, hurrying to discover whatever evil ails the area.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Orc Init:- HP:17 Hero:1 Focus:0 Cleric (Warpriest) of Sarenrae 1

Ashnak tops the steps looking around quickly to find to source of the scream.

Perception if needed: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Ashnak leads the group through the Hall of Legendary Beasts and up the stairs.

Droning voices echo off the mahogany walls and domed, plaster ceiling of this luxurious room. The sumptuous furniture has been pushed to the sides of the room, making space for eldritch markings and mystical paraphernalia laid carefully over the plush carpet. The chamber seems muted and dim despite the crystal chandelier overhead, and a bonenumbing chill seeps through the space along with a metallic scent. A ritual is obviously underway here, but it doesn’t seem as though it’s working as planned. Shadowy energy lashes out from a twisting breach in the center of the room, and indistinct shapes flit and scuttle along the walls.

There are seven shadows around the room are physical manifestations of Tavvar's flaws. Tavvar herself is keeping the ritual from imploding as her assistants are each keeping a manifestation at bay.

On your turn you may attack one of the manifestations or you may join the ritual circle and help control the ritual.

Initiative:

Ashnak Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Roara Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Requiem Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Araganz Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Nox Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Initiative
Round 1
Nox
Requiem
Ashnak
Roara
Araganz

Ritual and Shadow Manifestations
End of Round

The Party is up.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Orc Init:- HP:17 Hero:1 Focus:0 Cleric (Warpriest) of Sarenrae 1

Can I catch 2 or 3 of the shadows in a 15' cone without hitting one of the assistants?


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

You might be able to get two if you position yourself closer to the ritual. If you look at the map, the shadows and assistants are on there.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Orc Init:- HP:17 Hero:1 Focus:0 Cleric (Warpriest) of Sarenrae 1

Is the furniture difficult terrain? Or is it all 'open' as far as movement goes?


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

It's all open. I would think they cleared the room for the ritual.

Horizon Hunters

Male NG Half-Orc Bard 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 16 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 25ft | Focus points: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

The half orc grunts a bit. "Well, isn't this all just going well?" He moves to the ritual and attempts to help banish it.

occultism: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Vigilant Seal

The halfling moves to flank one of the shadows and lets loose with a stabby fork.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Damage 1: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Sneak Attack 1: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Attack 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Damage 2: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Sneak Attack 1: 1d6 ⇒ 5

So either flanking with the nearest assistant unless someone else gets into flanking position first.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Orc Init:- HP:17 Hero:1 Focus:0 Cleric (Warpriest) of Sarenrae 1

Action 1 :stride 25' NE,E,E,E,N
Action 2 :Raise Shield
Action 3: Attack Shadow W of me.
Melee Attack, Scimitar, Magic Weapon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 2 = 6

Ashnak bellows a challenge and steps up to threaten two of the shadows before taking a slice at one.

Grand Archive

Female - Init:- HP: 18/18 Hero Points:1 AC:16 Perception: +4 Senses: Low-Light Vision Reagents: 6+1 Familar/day Used: 0 Gnome Alchemist 1

Roara moves forward with Sunrod upraised, trying to drive back the shadows from the two closest assistants, and make room for her party to access the room more easily.

Once the other party members take their positions, she tosses the Sunrod to Tavvar's feet to move the halo of light to surround her instead and then works to help control the ritual.

Action 1: Stride 10' E, NE
Action 2: Throw Sunrod by Tavvar's feet throw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Action 3: Take position to assist with ritual Occultism: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Requium moves into the room and joins the ritual to try and get it under control. Unfortunately he can't quite seem to find the energy to control it.

Araganz moves in with his "stabby fork" but his stabs miss their targets.

Ashnak comes in and hits one of the shadows. It seems to disipate some, but is still there.

Roara moves into the circle, throws the sunrod which makes the shadow creatures cower, and joins the ritual. She seems to find the right energy and disappates one of the shadows.

Nox moves in and joins the ritual matching Roara's energy, disapating another shadow.
Occultism: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

The two shadow wisps not under control by the assistants move toward Requium and Ashnak. Both shadows move in and strike hitting both Requium and Ashnak drawing life from them. They both then move into their squares and attach themselves to Requium's and Ashnak's shadows.

Requium takes 6 Negative Energy Damage, Ashnak take 8 Negative Energy Damage

Dice Rolls:

Shadow Tendril @ Requium: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Negative Energy Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Shroud: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Shadow Tendril @ Ashnak: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Negative Energy Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4 x2 = 8 Negative Energy Damage
Shroud: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

A burst of negative energy surges from the ritual and draws life from all participating in the ritual.

Negative Energy Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7
Basic Fort Save DC 18 from Requium, Roara, Nox

Tavvar and Assistants Saves:

Tavvar: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
N Assitant: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
W Assitant: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
S Assitant: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Initiative
Round 2
Nox (Fort Save DC 18)
Requiem (10/16 hp, Fort Save DC 18, Shadow Attached)
Ashnak (9/17 hp, Shadow Attached)
Roara (Fort Save DC 18)
Araganz
Ritual and Shadow Manifestations
End of Round

The Party is up.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Orc Init:- HP:17 Hero:1 Focus:0 Cleric (Warpriest) of Sarenrae 1

Ashnak grunts out a curse when he feels some of his life force wither away. He lets his shield drop to the ground and snatches the component pouch from his bandolier. A well practiced litany of prayer spills from his lips.

0 Action: Dropping shield.
1-3 Actions: 3 action casting of Heal to reach all targets in 30'. Healing living targets, harming undead. DC 15 Fortitude Save

Heal: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Grand Archive

Female - Init:- HP: 18/18 Hero Points:1 AC:16 Perception: +4 Senses: Low-Light Vision Reagents: 6+1 Familar/day Used: 0 Gnome Alchemist 1

Fort Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

"Damn, musta hit a nerve... I guess I'll have to take this more seriously!" Roara says with a chuckle as she recovers from the force of the blast.

Using quick alchemy, she whips up a vial of Cognitive Mutagen* and downs it in one swift gulp before turning her improved focus back to the ritual. "Now where were we?" she says as she returns her focus to the ritual.

*Gains +1 item bonus to Occultism check

Occultism: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Vigilant Seal

While he missed his attacks Araganz was actually relieved he wasn't hit by the surge and continued to attack the shadows.

Action 1
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Action 2
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Action 3
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Horizon Hunters

Male NG Half-Orc Bard 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 16 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 25ft | Focus points: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Fortitude Saving throw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Occultism: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Requiem again tries to plumb the depths of his occult lore, bellowing in pain as the shadows strike at him.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Bot Nox: Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Occultism: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Roara, Requiem, and Nox all take the full force of the negative energy blast, but Ashnak conveniently heals everyone's wounds and deals damage to the manifestations.

Requiem and Nox are able to use their energy in the ritual to send two of the manifestations back to the shadow plane.

Tavvar and her assistance are able to control the last of the manifestations sending them back to the shadow plane, ending the ritual.

Out of Initiative

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Orc Init:- HP:17 Hero:1 Focus:0 Cleric (Warpriest) of Sarenrae 1

Ashnak sheaths his scimitar and lets out a breath. He gives a tusked grin to Tavvar and her colleagues."Thank the Dawnflower we were in time! Are you alright?"

Grand Archive

Female - Init:- HP: 18/18 Hero Points:1 AC:16 Perception: +4 Senses: Low-Light Vision Reagents: 6+1 Familar/day Used: 0 Gnome Alchemist 1

Roara breathes a sigh of relief as the worst seems to be over now. She gives her familiar Bori a gentle scritch beneath his chin as she looks across the room, seeing everyone mostly unscathed. "Well that was certainly... exciting," she muses as she starts to approach Tavvar, offering a bow in greeting to her as she approaches and reclaims her sunrod from the floor before addressing Tavvar directly. "Though I have a feeling that you were expecting a different result from your ritual, yes?"
Bori's tail whips around and gives Roara's head a light slap as he snorts at her. Without missing a beat, she amends "My apologies, it is a pleasure to meet you Tavvar, I am Roara, and I've heard promising things about your skills." Bori smiles back at his Mistress for remembering her manners after all, easing back into a relaxed pose along her shoulders.

Horizon Hunters

Male NG Half-Orc Bard 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 16 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 25ft | Focus points: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Requiem glances around at the aftermath of the failed ritual. "So, that was new." He looks to make sure that everyone was relatively in one piece before focusing on Tavvar and adding a question of his own. "What exactly happened here?"


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Tavvar exhales deeply in exhaustion and looks at the Pathfinders, "Thank you for helping control the ritual. It looks like everyone is alright. I guess it went a little sideways. So, what exactly brought you here?"

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Orc Init:- HP:17 Hero:1 Focus:0 Cleric (Warpriest) of Sarenrae 1

Ashnak smiles and nods to the others."I am Ashnak and we followed a rumor that you were working with some dangerous magics. We came to offer our assistance as Pathfinders. Ee are always looking for more allies and knowledge."

Grand Archive

Female - Init:- HP: 18/18 Hero Points:1 AC:16 Perception: +4 Senses: Low-Light Vision Reagents: 6+1 Familar/day Used: 0 Gnome Alchemist 1

Roara smiles back at Tavvar, "No one was seriously hurt, and despite the derailment, you held it together pretty well. I hope this setback won't stop you from continuing your research. The Pathfinders could use someone like you."


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Tavvar looks at Ashnak and Roara a bit puzzled, "Are you . . . recruiting me? After what I've done here?"

Horizon Hunters

Male NG Half-Orc Bard 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 16 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 25ft | Focus points: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

The half-orc shrugs. "Everyone deserved second chances. How you learn from them and make use of it is up to you."

Grand Archive

Female - Init:- HP: 18/18 Hero Points:1 AC:16 Perception: +4 Senses: Low-Light Vision Reagents: 6+1 Familar/day Used: 0 Gnome Alchemist 1

Roara chuckles at Tavvar's response, "I had the same reaction when I was approached after botching one of my new potions. Mistakes happen, it is what we learn from them that help us to grow and become better at our crafts. There is a wealth of knowledge available to assist you should you desire it"


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Holidays have been super busy. I apologize for the delay.

Tavvar looks at the group and shrugs, "I would be honored to speak with the society. Let me clean up here and I'll make my way to the lodge."

At this point, it is night. You can either continue on in the dark or heal up and rest going to the next site in the morning.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Orc Init:- HP:17 Hero:1 Focus:0 Cleric (Warpriest) of Sarenrae 1

I hope everyone had great holidays!

Ashnak gives a tusked grin and before checking each assistant and getting their names and complimenting them on their bravery.

"So what's next? Can we make it to the haunted house fairly quickly? That investigation would be best at night I would think."

Grand Archive

Female - Init:- HP: 18/18 Hero Points:1 AC:16 Perception: +4 Senses: Low-Light Vision Reagents: 6+1 Familar/day Used: 0 Gnome Alchemist 1

Roara smiles back to Tavvar, "I hope to cross paths again with you in the future, perhaps even collaborate on another project some time. Fare thee well until next we meet."

At Ashnak's suggestion she turns to Bori and whispers something to him, the color points of his fur glowing slightly. She hmms to herself then turns back to the half-orc to reply, "Its not too far from here, and I don't know about you, but I am itching to check that place out! Let's go!"


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Two votes to check out the haunted house before resting. Anyone else want to add their two cents before moving forward?

Vigilant Seal

"I'm still good!' the halfling said quickly in agreement to getting to the house.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

As the sun sets over Absalom, the group trudges forward to the Precipice Quarter. The number of people in the streets seem to be thinning with night approaching.

You may spend a couple hours to find out more about this haunted house by gathering information (Diplomacy checks).

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Orc Init:- HP:17 Hero:1 Focus:0 Cleric (Warpriest) of Sarenrae 1

Diplomacy to Gather Information: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Ashnak happily chats up a couple of street vendors about the haunted house while grabbing some food and drink for the party. "I know you hear all the best stories around here. What is the best tale you have about that old haunted house?"

51 to 100 of 100 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gimble's [Gameday VIII] PFS 2e #1-01 The Absalom Initiation (1-4) Table 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.