Gimble's [Gameday VIII] PFS 2e: #1-00 Origins of the Open Road

Game Master Eric Sklavos

Slides

Currently in: Exploration Mode


1 to 50 of 100 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Go ahead and dot in here whenever you like.


Dot


HP 13/13| AC 13 Training 1-Healing Minor/2 Spells

dot


Human, female, Barbarian/5 perception +9 (+11 for init), AC 22, Fort+12, Ref+10, Will+9 HP 77/83

Redot


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

We're one week from the official start, but lets start the prelude.

Everyone receives the following letter: OPEN LETTER


Human, female, Barbarian/5 perception +9 (+11 for init), AC 22, Fort+12, Ref+10, Will+9 HP 77/83

most interesting


Female Human Cleric 5

dot?

Seems like a simple enough task.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

During your travel to Quantium, the capital of Nex, you contemplate the letter from Kreighton Shaine and the task set before you.

Illustrious Agents—

Thank you for agreeing to travel south to Quantium, the capital of Nex, on critical Pathfinder Society business. I hope you’ll find the destination agreeable; Nex is an ancient land steeped in powerful magic and Quantium is a cosmopolitan city of merchants and wizards. As promised, this letter details the specific requirements of your excursion.

Your first order of business is to meet with Sebnet Sanserkoht and deliver her the sapphire I’ve included with this letter. She is the venture-captain of Nexus House, one of the earliest Pathfinder Society lodges. In fact, she might refer to herself as “vash-vatom,”a very old title that predates venture-captain. You could demonstrate respect by referring to her by this title; providing Sebnet with a good impression is critical to strengthening the relationship between the Grand Lodge and Nexus House. The sapphire I’ve given you is encoded with information we have in the Grand Lodge about Nexus House’s founding, and Sebnet is eager to obtain it.

Your second task is to acquire information from the Nexus House archives on some of the very first Pathfinders. Our records from the early days of the Society have been frightfully damaged or mislaid in the numerous recent attacks on the Grand Lodge. Specifically, you’re to recover information about:

• Expedition records of Durvin Gest, one of the most celebrated early Pathfinders, regarding his treasure hunts in the Mwangi Expanse.
• A cargo manifest of spices penned by Selmius Foster, who opened the Vudrani spice trade to Absalom.
• City permits drafted by Adolphus, Selmius’ Foster’s apprentice and founder of Nexus House.
• Written records of early Pathfinder Kerinha Napsunar.

Although this trip is primarily a research assignment, we’re sending seasoned agents like yourselves to show Sebnet how seriously we take Nexus House’s aid, but also because the information you’re to collect is critical to the Grand Lodge.

For amity and erudition,
Kreighton Shaine


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

The small caravan makes it's way into Quantium. Quantium is a cosmopolitan metropils with nearly 80,000 souls (not all of them mortal), monumental palaces, cloud-piercing spires, and teeming streets filled with all manner of humans joined by creatures that would be considered monsters elsewhere on Golarion. Your are let off in front of a sprawling, opulent building with unusual magical extravagances seen nowhere else. This is immediately obvious as you walk into Nexus House's Grand Hall, where at one end two statues - noblerepresentations of Adolphus and Princess Ganjay—flank an ornamental waterfall that flows upward, from floor to ceiling.

“There are my honored guests!” cries a bronze-skinned gnome with bright streaks of gold in her dark hair, a vibrant red tunic, and enough glittering earrings, bangles, and necklaces to supply a modestly sized jewelry store. “I was concluding some urgent business here, or I would have met you at the dock. Sebnet Sanserkoht, at your service.” The gnome gives you a gracious bow and a large grin. “Alas, my last-minute business didn’t permit me to review Kreighton Shaine’s letters to me. If you don’t mind, please remind me how I can help you and—oh!—I ought know your names as well. Rude of me to have omitted proper introductions.”


Human, female, Barbarian/5 perception +9 (+11 for init), AC 22, Fort+12, Ref+10, Will+9 HP 77/83

Ameri, shrugs and stretches, the dust of a long journey drifting of her. Her gear still secured, she looks down at the exorbitant gnome.
Speaking in accented common she says Ah, greetings Vash-Vatom. I am Amiri Kieradottir.

Halit:
honoured be your clan
Then she adds I mean, I am honoured to meet you..


Female Human Cleric 5

Kyra nods. While not weary, she is still very slightly on edge. The regions outside Nex's cities are not entirely safe, and she has not completely relaxed yet. Still, she returns the bow before speaking.

Greetings Vash-Vatom. My name is Kyra, and I greet you on behalf of the Grand Lodge. Our task is two-fold. The first is that we have a delivery of some records for you.


Ezren | Human, Male, Wizard 5 | Perception +9 | AC 20/21 - Fort+10, Ref+12, Will+11 HP 38/53

Ezren puffs out his mustaches, but bows as low as his joints will comfortably allow.

"A pleasure, vash-vatom Sanserkoht, I am Ezren, lately of Oppara, a mage of the first circle, and my colleagues speak truly. Kyra bears a gem encoded with all that we know of the Nexus House's founding. I trust this is of interest to you?"


Female Human Cleric 5

It takes Kyra a moment to find the presentation case for the sapphire, as it is securely burred in her pack.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Sebnet is flattered by your traditional greeting and graciously accepts the sapphire, "Thank you so much. You said your task here is two-fold. You've delivered the records. What is your true purpose for the visit?"


Human, female, Barbarian/5 perception +9 (+11 for init), AC 22, Fort+12, Ref+10, Will+9 HP 77/83

We are supposed to get some info on a few old-time pathfinders. About, erm...
Amiri squints at the now rather grubby parchment.

A Duvin Gest, and the journies he did, ah, and the loot he found. And Selmius, er, Foster I think it is. A cargo manifest. She scratches her head. high adventure in the pathfinders I see. Heh, spice trade.

She continued her laboured reading. Hmm, someone named Adolphus. Founder of Nexus house, well that's a bit more impressive. She looks closely at the letter.

And Kerinha Napsunar. records of...her, him? It's hard to tell from your southerner names. Anyway, that's it.

She scrunches the letter back in her belt pouch and looks at the gnome. So, you can help?

Amiri, scholar and diplomat

Grand Lodge

Male Huamn Data Manager 5

Kyra nods. Reproductions would be acceptable, so the original records can stay with their archive of origin. And while those four documents are particularly notable, I suspect Kreighton Shaine won't turn down a copy any record pertaining to the founding of the Society, Grand Lodge, or Nexus House.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Sebnet taps her chin with a ringed finger. “Those records all sound quite old, which would put them in our Orrery Archive. Please come this way.” The venture-captain strides through one of the archways off the great hall, gesturing for you to follow and chatting as she goes. “There was something of an astronomy craze around here about three hundred years ago, but the apparatus at the center of the rooms that became the Orrery Archive has been gathering dust for quite a while. That is, it would, if we didn’t have enchantments to repel dust.” Sebnet runs a finger along a decorative table as she passes, then holds up her clean digit to showcase her point.

“I’ll take you to the archive entrance and leave you to perform your research in peace. Gather any records you need, and we’ll have scribes transcribe copies of whatever you find. The records might be something of a jumble, I’m afraid. As I said, the Orrery Archive is where we store older records, and they might not have been accessed in quite some time. While we’re walking, do you have any questions?”


Human, female, Barbarian/5 perception +9 (+11 for init), AC 22, Fort+12, Ref+10, Will+9 HP 77/83

Amiri considers for a moment
Are there any rules or laws in Quantium we should know of? And can you recommend any good Taverns? I could use a good drink.


Female Human Cleric 5

You mentioned an apparatus in Orrery Archive Kyra asks What does it do?


Ezren | Human, Male, Wizard 5 | Perception +9 | AC 20/21 - Fort+10, Ref+12, Will+11 HP 38/53

"Presumably it's a large Orrery," Ezren opines, "though if it has other functions that would of course be interesting."

Perception to search the stacks? Or would some skills be appropriate?


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Once we get to the Orrery, I'll explain how the research will work. Right now I'm giving time for questions as you walk there.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

The gnome laughs at Amari, "Yes, my friend. There are plenty of delightful watering holes. Tell you what, once you finish here, why don't we all meet at one of my favorites, The Mage's Cauldron, while the scribes do their work. We can go over your findings if you'd like."

"The apparatus is a working model of Golarion and it's relation to the other planets."

"If you don't have any more questions, I'll leave you to your research." Sebnet stops and gestures to a wide passage—the entrance to the Orrery Archive. The sprawling library is clean and tidy; its most striking feature is the massive brass-and-steel orrery atop the main staircase. This model shows the movements of Golarion and the other planets around its sun, along with moons, comets, and other celestial bodies. Each glides easily along well-oiled tracks when pushed.

Although the orrery is the most impressive decoration and the source of the library’s name, other marvels abound in these extensive chambers, including several lifelike statues of past scholars (one statue is of an unusually learned-looking ogre), lofty balconies atop delicately arched staircases, reading tables that magically unfold comfortable stools when approached, and curios such as meteorites in glass cases, jeweled globes, and fulgurite displays. Several walls support tall bookshelves packed with tomes, scrolls, and folios of every variety. Rolling ladders allow access to the highest shelves. Ceilings in the Orrery Archive are 40 feet high, and the entire archive is well lit by sconces that resemble shooting stars.

If you have any more questions for Sebnet, I'll answer them retroactively until the first set of research checks are revealed.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Research Work:

You will be making one skill check each to determine what information you have found during your research.

Please place yourselves in the library by the appropriate skill check. Slides have been updated.

Each check represents one hour of research.

Each PC can only make any given skill check once.

Once a PC has successfully researched a certain section, that section is finished.

A critical success will glean additional information.

A critical failure will close off that section for everyone.

Appropriate Skill Checks are: Acrobatics, Arcana, Athletics, Lore (appropriate to the research at hand or research in general), Nature, Occultism, Society, Survival, and Thievery.

Skill Check Information:

Acrobatics: The steps to the highest shelves are so worn smooth with age as to be dangerously slippery. Reaching these texts requires a successful Acrobatics check to Maintain Balance.

Arcana: One of the tables is enchanted to aid in research, magically flipping pages in any book placed upon it to relevant passages. A successful Arcana check is required to activate it.

Athletics: Some of the bookshelves in this area have collapsed and must be hefted upright with a successful Athletics check to peruse their contents.

Lore: These shelves have several relevant works that are poorly organized. Any successful check with a Lore skill relevant to research, such as Scribing Lore or Pathfinder Society Lore, uncovers useful information.

Nature: The orrery is magically enchanted to aid in research; manipulating its arms into appropriate celestial configurations causes the other arms to swing toward shelves containing related knowledge. Operating the orrery in this way requires a successful Nature check.

Occultism: Piecing together unexpected correlations between relevant works on this balcony requires a successful Occultism check.

Society: This section of the archives has been filed and re-filed by different caretakers many times. Navigating the idiosyncratic filing systems of each successive caretaker (each, of course, thinking their own system to be superior) requires a successful Society check.

Survival: The tidying enchantments in Nexus House make tracks or other evidence of past use difficult to find. In this particular spot, the enchantments are disrupted and clues are more evident. Uncovering traces left here by previous library users (notably, but not only, the Ohrlavis) requires a successful Survival check.

Thievery: Books in this section are protected by glassfronted shelves secured with complicated latches; a successful Thievery check to Disable a Device is required to access them.

Questions?

Envoy's Alliance

"This all sounds very interesting vash-vatom. I assume while we are supposed to research those things, you wouldn't mind us taking a peek at other things if we need a break from these taxing tasks?" the goblin asked before continuing to ask, "how equipped is the Archives for research? Is it being manned by anyone else other than the scribes?"


Ezren | Human, Male, Wizard 5 | Perception +9 | AC 20/21 - Fort+10, Ref+12, Will+11 HP 38/53

Looks like the slide is Read Only for now.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)
Cwethan's Iconic wrote:
Looks like the slide is Read Only for now.

Thanks for letting me know. Try it again.

Slides


Female Human Cleric 5

Hmm, I'm afraid research is not one of my greater skills, but I will do my best. Amari, do you want to hold up those shelves, or should I?
Oh, and do not forget I have some limited ability to help others with magic.

More specifically, I only have two applicable skills, and that's only if Scribing Lore is acceptable.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)
Kyra Cleric of Healing Fire wrote:

Hmm, I'm afraid research is not one of my greater skills, but I will do my best. Amari, do you want to hold up those shelves, or should I?

More specifically, I only have two applicable skills, and that's only if Scribing Lore is acceptable.

You're only doing 1 skill check each round, so just choose one to start. Scribing Lore works fine. You can do any skill untrained. You can also aid someone else instead of doing your own check.


Female Human Cleric 5

Then after everyone is finished with questions, I will start with Scribing Lore. Oh, and might my Mending Wand help with the anything?

When the rolls start:
Scribing Lore: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Ezren | Human, Male, Wizard 5 | Perception +9 | AC 20/21 - Fort+10, Ref+12, Will+11 HP 38/53

Arcana: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

Ezren finds himself far too enraptured by the interesting implements designed to explore the library to actually explore it...


Human, female, Barbarian/5 perception +9 (+11 for init), AC 22, Fort+12, Ref+10, Will+9 HP 77/83

Amiri tries to be helpful, positioning herself to affect three spots, or moving between as needed. It that cannot be done, she will focus on athletics.

acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

athletics: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)
Fumbus wrote:
"This all sounds very interesting vash-vatom. I assume while we are supposed to research those things, you wouldn't mind us taking a peek at other things if we need a break from these taxing tasks?" the goblin asked before continuing to ask, "how equipped is the Archives for research? Is it being manned by anyone else other than the scribes?"

"Feel free to look around as you wish. The information in here is for all Pathfinders. My assistants help me oversee the archive."

Botting Merisiel and Fumbus:

Merisiel: Thievery: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

Fumbus: Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

Kyra finds evidence that their might be some useful information, but can't quite make heads or tails of the disorganization.

Ezren tries to activate the table in his section and seems to anger the animated object. It starts throwing books and is no longer useful to anyone.

Amiri attempts to move the book cases, but can't seem to find what she's looking for. Yes, only one check at a time.

Merisiel goes to the locked cases and easily picks the lock. She comes back with the following information:

Merisiel finds the material related to Durvin Gest’s Mwangi expeditions. These are the specific records Kreighton Shaine wants, but they also include references to the Open Road Pact: some sort of agreement between Durvin Gest, Selmius Foster, Gregaro Voth, and Kerinha Napsunar when they were all in the Mwangi Expanse together. This Open Road Pact is completely unknown in the Grand Lodge, and the PCs are certain that Kreighton Shaine will want to know more about it. Unfortunately, the referenced folio detailing the Open Road Pact is missing.

Fumbus starts climbing the staircase and over some precariously piled stacks of books and papers. He balances from one shelf to the other and finds the following information:

Fumbus finds some old catalogues of records kept at the archives that refer to a Pathfinder named “Kerinha Napsunar”. The records themselves are nowhere to be found. He also finds that several other sections of works regarding Nexian ooze-crafting are missing.

As everyone is finishing up their research the quiet archive is disrupted . . .


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

The quiet sounds of light footsteps and the shuffling of papers is interrupted by the grating sound of stone rubbing against stone sounding throughout the room. Everyone looks up from their piles of work and sees several of the statues start to move.

Roll for Initiative:

Kyra Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Ezren Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Amiri Perception: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 2 = 17
Merisiel Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Fumbus Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Animated Statues: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Note: No one has any weapons out as you were researching and did not expect to be attacked by statues.

Initiative
Round 1
Kyra
Fumbus

Animated Statues
Merisiel
Amiri
Ezren
End of Round

Kyra and Fumbus may go


Female Human Cleric 5

Kyra will start by drawing her weapon and holy symbol with her first two actions, and then will use her next action to move closer to the majority of the party.

Why does it seem we get attacked everywhere we go? This is a Pathfinder library for Sarenrae's sake.


Human, female, Barbarian/5 perception +9 (+11 for init), AC 22, Fort+12, Ref+10, Will+9 HP 77/83

we don't get attacked everywhere. At least, I think so.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Kyra strategically positions herself with her weapon and holy symbol at the ready. I moved Kyra more toward the center of the room. If you wanted to move her elsewhere please do so.

Botting Fumbus:Fumbus gets out an Alchemist's Fire, moves to the edge of the stairs and throws it down upon the moving statue below. Unfortunately the bomb lands a little shy and explodes harmlessly to on the floor below the railing.

Alchemist's Fire: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

One statue attacks Ezren, one statue attacks Kyra, 2 attack Amiri

Fist @ Ezren: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Fist @ Kyra: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Fist @ Amiri: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Fist @ Amiri: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

The statue attacking the wizard strikes hard, but his Mage Armor just barely deflects the blow.

Kyra sidesteps her attacker.

Amiri dodges one attack, but steps right into the other, taking it square in the stomach.
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Initiative
Round 1
Kyra
Fumbus

Animated Statues
Merisiel
Amiri
(70/83 hp)
Ezren
End of Round

The Party can go. (I will 'loosely' resolve actions in initiative order no matter what order they are posted in.)


Ezren | Human, Male, Wizard 5 | Perception +9 | AC 20/21 - Fort+10, Ref+12, Will+11 HP 38/53

"Help! I think something's gone horribly wrong!"

Ezren conjures up a shield of force and flees!

Shield, stride, stride.


Female Human Cleric 5

"Ezra, Fumbus, what are these things?"

Kyra wields her scimitar and strikes twice at the closest statue. She then takes a single step back in hopes to bottleneck the statues engaged with her.

Do we roll our own attacks, or do you? Regardless my actions are Strike, Strike, Step (to the left)

If we do:
Scimitar 1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 162d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 5) + 3 = 12
Scimitar 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 152d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 = 11


Ezren | Human, Male, Wizard 5 | Perception +9 | AC 20/21 - Fort+10, Ref+12, Will+11 HP 38/53

Aren't scimitars one of those -4 iterative weapons? Don't have all the keywords down yet :-/


Female Human Cleric 5
Quote:
Aren't scimitars one of those -4 iterative weapons? Don't have all the keywords down yet :-/

No, it gives me a bonus to hit if I try to hit more than one target in a turn. It also does more damage for each attack I make in the same turn.

Envoy's Alliance

In response to Kyra's instructions, Fumbus simply had to say

"Ezren know better but if you ask me...

...

I-"

before blurting out whatever he thought he knew and then doubling back towards the stairs.

Recall knowledge Crafting: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

Assuming its crafting since recall knowledge says constructs are under crafting. Otherwise assuming this is arcana instead, Fumbus has +4

Create Diversion: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

I will accept whatever skill check you want to use to recall knowledge. You will get different information for different skill checks and DCs will be adjusted as well.

Ezren moves away from the construct.

Kyra takes a couple swings, both of which bounce harmlessly off the stone statue, and then takes a step back.

Fumbus trys to recall something about the composition of the animated statues, but the only thing he remembers is that constructs tend to have hardness, but the hardness can be chipped away if enough damage is done to them to soften them up.

Fumbus then moves down the stairs and attempts to hide.
Actions: Recall Knowledge, Move, Create Diversion

@Fumbus: Where are you moving to? You have up to 25 feet of movement.

Merisiel and Amiri may go.


Human, female, Barbarian/5 perception +9 (+11 for init), AC 22, Fort+12, Ref+10, Will+9 HP 77/83

Amir shakes her head and grins.
and here I was thinking libraries were dull she says, drawing her blade. The blade is massive, covered in runes and seemingly as tall as she.

Her eyes seem to shine as she taps the rage within.

action 1: Rage +8 extra hp

Action 2: Hit the northern statue
bastard sword: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
damage: 2d12 + 10 ⇒ (9, 10) + 10 = 29

Action 3: Hit it again
bastard sword: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
damage: 2d12 + 10 ⇒ (3, 12) + 10 = 25

Hp currently 78. AC is now 20 (-1 for Rage, -1 for clumsy weapon)

Soooo...did I crit?


Human, female, Barbarian/5 perception +9 (+11 for init), AC 22, Fort+12, Ref+10, Will+9 HP 77/83

just realised that drawing a weapon is an action. Please disregard my second attack


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)
Amiri Kieradottir wrote:
just realised that drawing a weapon is an action. Please disregard my second attack

I noticed as well, but thanks for catching this.

Amiri draws her oversized bastard sword, goes into a rage, and swings at the statue. Her sword slams into the side of the statue with enough force to break the statue in half at the waist, reducing it to a pile of rubble. Critical hit

Botting Merisiel:
Merisiel moves quickly across the library toward Kyra. Triple Move

Statues turn:
Ezren's statue moves forward and strikes him with its fist hitting the wizard hard in the shoulder.
Fist: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Stride, Stride, Attack

Amiri's statue attacks her as her attention is on its counterpart, but Amiri is too quick and avoids all 3 attacks.
Fist 1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Fist 2: 1d20 + 11 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 11 - 5 = 11
Fist 3: 1d20 + 11 - 10 ⇒ (12) + 11 - 10 = 13
Attack x3

The statue next to Kyra steps toward her and attacks, but the statue swings wildly and misses.
Fist 1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Fist 2: 1d20 + 11 - 5 ⇒ (15) + 11 - 5 = 21
Step, Attack, Attack

The last statue moves to Merisiel and attacks her hitting her in the kidneys.
Fist: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 x2 for Crit
Stride, Stride, Attack

Initiative
Round 2 Cont'd
Merisiel (42/56 hp)
Amiri (70/83 hp +8 Temp hp)
Ezren (40/53 hp)
End of Round

Round 3
Kyra
Fumbus

Animated Statues

The Party can go.


Human, female, Barbarian/5 perception +9 (+11 for init), AC 22, Fort+12, Ref+10, Will+9 HP 77/83

Amir spins facing the other statue, a rictus grin across her face as she strikes repeatedly at the construct
bastard sword: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

damage: 2d12 + 11 ⇒ (6, 7) + 11 = 24

bastard sword: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

damage: 2d12 + 11 ⇒ (12, 3) + 11 = 26

bastard sword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

damage: 2d12 + 11 ⇒ (5, 10) + 11 = 26


Female Human Cleric 5

Fearing that retreating further could put her into a flank, Kyra decides to hold her ground and go for a risky all-out assault.

Strike, Strike, Strike

Scimitar 1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Damage 1: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1) + 3 = 5

Scimitar 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage 2: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 3) + 4 = 12

Scimitar 3: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Damage 3: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 6) + 5 = 14

Edit: A Nat 1, really?


Ezren | Human, Male, Wizard 5 | Perception +9 | AC 20/21 - Fort+10, Ref+12, Will+11 HP 38/53

In response to the blow, Ezren fortifies his shield to take the brunt of the blow. Shield block reaction. Hardness 10 should take some of that damage

Ezren staggers away from the powerful blow, flinging a nearby book off the shelf to batter the pursuing statue.

Telekinetic Projectile: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Bludgeoning: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 4, 3) + 4 = 16

Envoy's Alliance

I think more like hiding somewhere on the top out of reach and to lob the bombs down

Fumbus continues trying to recall what he knows about golems which could hopefully apply to these golems so he can tell his fellows what to do.

Arcana: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Occultism: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Pathfinder Society Lore: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)
Kantham wrote:


Fumbus continues trying to recall what he knows about golems which could hopefully apply to these golems so he can tell his fellows what to do.

Besides what Fumbus recalled before:

Gimble wrote:
Fumbus trys to recall something about the composition of the animated statues, but the only thing he remembers is that constructs tend to have hardness, but the hardness can be chipped away if enough damage is done to them to soften them up.

The alchemist does recall that dark rituals can be used to animate objects, but doesn't believe that was the case with these. These statues have been in the archive for years. Someone would have had to enchant them recently for them to be animated now. He also recalls that animated objects are immune to the following: bleed, death effects, disease, doomed, drained, fatigued, healing, mental, necromancy, nonlethal attacks, paralyzed, poison, sickened, unconscious.

Botting Merisiel:
Merisiel swiftly moves around to a flanking position on the other side of the statue Kyra is fighting and attacks it twice. Hitting it once chipping away at the stone construct.

Merisiel's Attacks:

Rapier 1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
Damage 1: 2d6 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) + 4 + (3, 4) = 18
Rapier 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

She then moves strategically back to the other statue.

Amiri swings three times at her statue, but unfortunately isn't able to get off a good swing of her sword and misses all three times.

Ezren uses his reaction to have his force shield absorb some of the damage shattering the shield. He then moves back and telekinetically lets loose a surprisingly sturdy book at the construct hitting it square compromising the integrity of the construct (it's hardness is no longer an issue).

Kyra stands strong and swings her scimitar repeatedly, hitting it once hard enough to comprimise it's integrity.

Statues turn:

Merisiel's statue looks at her and attacks hitting her square, then grabbing her and attacking again. The second attack is unable to connect.

Attacks@Merisiel:

Fist 1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Damage 1: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 (x2 for crit)

Fist 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Kyra's statue moves toward her and attacks wildly missing with both.

Attacks@Kyra:

Fist 1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Fist 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Ezren's statue moves toward him and attacks hitting him in the shoulder and grabbing him.

Attacks@Ezren:

Fist 1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Damage 1: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Amiri's statue attacks missing once then hitting her with the other fist and grabbing Amiri.

Attacks@Amiri:

Fist 1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Fist 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage 2: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Merisiel, Ezren, and Amiri have the Grabbed Condition

Grabbed Condition:

You’re held in place by another creature, giving you the flat-footed and immobilized conditions. If you attempt a manipulate action while grabbed, you must succeed at a DC 5 flat check or it is lost; roll the check after spending the action, but before any effects are applied.

Initiative
Round 3 Cont'd
Merisiel (26/56 hp, Grabbed)
Amiri (64/83 hp, Grabbed)
Ezren (38/53 hp, Grabbed)
End of Round

Round 4
Kyra
Fumbus

Animated Statues

The Party can go.

1 to 50 of 100 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gimble's #1-00 Origins of the Open Road - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.