Gimble's [Gameday VIII] PFS 2e: #1-00 Origins of the Open Road

Game Master Eric Sklavos

Slides

Currently in: Exploration Mode


101 to 150 of 197 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Human, female, Barbarian/5 perception +9 (+11 for init), AC 22, Fort+12, Ref+10, Will+9 HP 77/83

Amiri has another drink and nibbles on some food

Couldn't say about the statues, never fought them before. Were they golems? I thought golems were tougher.


Ezren | Human, Male, Wizard 5 | Perception +9 | AC 20/21 - Fort+10, Ref+12, Will+11 HP 38/53

"Meri found some means of deactivating the statues in the library. It certainly implies that they have therefore been active before now."


Female Human Cleric 5

"The wreckage should still be in the library, unless your cleaning crew is far more efficient than I thought."


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

"My that does seem interesting. I'll definitely have to take a look. Besides the animated statues, how did your research go? What did you find?"


Human, female, Barbarian/5 perception +9 (+11 for init), AC 22, Fort+12, Ref+10, Will+9 HP 77/83

Amiri grimaces and has another drink.

The others found some stuff, I think. After the statues, I sort of guarded things


Female Human Cleric 5

"I myself did not find anything of note, other than a set of shelves that need some repair and organization."

Kyra sighs.

"I'm afraid that pure research is not one of my stronger abilities."

Envoy's Alliance

"I've found some missing paperwork, mostly on someone named Kerinha Napsunar and Nexian oozecrafting if those are of any importance."


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

"Kerinha Nabsunar was a contemporary of Durvin Gest and the other Pathfinders mentioned in the first Pathfinder Chronicles. Truthfully we don’t know a lot about her. I’m not entirely sure why, but I believe that Kerinha was much more politically active than her peers, and records of her discoveries may have been intentionally withheld to protect her contacts and sources." She pauses for a moment then coninues, "Missing records concern me. Maybe the thieves of the missing oozecrafting records are responsible for the animated statues."

Merisiel mentions the mention of the Open Road Pact and that the folio detailing the Open Road Pact is gone to Sebnet.

“This isn’t something I’ve heard of before, and since anything involving Durvin Gest is pretty much common knowledge among Pathfinders, that’s a surprise. Details about the Open Road Pact would no doubt grant a fresh look at the earliest days of the Pathfinder Society. I would be most interested in retrieving this missing information.”


Human, female, Barbarian/5 perception +9 (+11 for init), AC 22, Fort+12, Ref+10, Will+9 HP 77/83

hmm
Amiri reflects a moment
Would you have any idea where this information could be. If the animated statues are a recent trap, then those who took the info may not have done it long ago.
She thinks some more
In fact, why trap it. Did someone know what we were looking for?


Female Human Cleric 5

"An excellent point. How regularly is that section of the archives used?"


Ezren | Human, Male, Wizard 5 | Perception +9 | AC 20/21 - Fort+10, Ref+12, Will+11 HP 38/53

"Any sort of logbook we were supposed to sign?"


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

"Perhaps it was just that you were looking through something that the 'someone' didn't want you looking into. The archives are used somewhat regularly by Pathfinders and sometimes just by locals. There's no logbook to sign into. Did you find anything that would clue you in on who it might have been?"


Human, female, Barbarian/5 perception +9 (+11 for init), AC 22, Fort+12, Ref+10, Will+9 HP 77/83

Amiri looks at the others. Then shrugs.
nothing I saw


Female Human Cleric 5

"Unfortunately I am not sure what triggered it either."


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

GM Hint: Look at the handout in the Slides.


Human, female, Barbarian/5 perception +9 (+11 for init), AC 22, Fort+12, Ref+10, Will+9 HP 77/83

Oh, there was a note about a bill of sale on books on oozes. Apparently the buyer was pretty desperate for them


Female Human Cleric 5

"Really? I hadn't seen that one." Looks at record; "It does seem that way though."


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Assuming you show the bill of sale to Sebnet:

"It looks like it was signed by Igrigi Lokar. He’s one of the most competent assistants I’ve ever had. A very smart man—capable, if sometimes a bit opinionated. He recently left Nexus House’s employ to take a higher-paying position within the city bureaucracy somewhere. He did so with my recommendation, frankly; I was glad to see someone with integrity and skill rewarded. This other name, Bijan Ohrlavi isn’t familiar to me. But others in this city may know more."

That's the important information, unless you have any other questions for Sebnet.

As the meal concludes, Sebnet encourages you to go and ask around on the streets of Quantium to learn more about the loose ends of your investigation.

I will expand on this more in my next post, tomorrow evening.


Female Human Cleric 5

[B]"Sounds like we should canvas the area. This might be something I can do decently."[b]

Diplomacy, Gather Information: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Use the following checks to find out where to find the following information:

1. Markings on the Animated Statues: Arcana

2. Where to find out more about Bijan Ohrlavi: Diplomacy or Crafting

3. To ask around the Society Lodge about Durvin Gest and the Open Road Pact: Diplomacy, Society, or Pathfinder Society Lore

4. Oozes and oozecrafting: Occultism

5. Igriri Lokar: Society

Each of these checks takes a few hours. You can either stick together and assist each other or split up and cover more ground.

Each PC give me 1 check you are going to try first. If you think you have a better skill check than the listed check, feel free to use it. If it's creative enough, I'll always allow it.

Kyra, I'll let you keep the roll above. What would you like to investigate?

Envoy's Alliance

Fumbus decides to look into Bijan Ohrlavi since he was the one to find the bill.

crafting: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21


Female Human Cleric 5

Number 3 please, as this seems to be the one that Kyra doesn't have to leave the lodge to do.


Ezren | Human, Male, Wizard 5 | Perception +9 | AC 20/21 - Fort+10, Ref+12, Will+11 HP 38/53

Markings on the Animated Statues: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25

Ezren quickly busies himself within the Lodge by trying to uncover what might have befallen the statues.


Human, female, Barbarian/5 perception +9 (+11 for init), AC 22, Fort+12, Ref+10, Will+9 HP 77/83

Amiri simply accompanies the others, as her skill set is no help. So she guards
All of the skills listed above are zero for Amiri. Sigh.


Female Human Cleric 5

I feel you. I only have Diplomacy, and while it's a good score, it is the only one I have.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

GM Screen:

Merisiel Society: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Time: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Kyra and Amiri stick around the Lodge and ask around about Durvin Gest and the Open Road Pact. They quickly learn that alchemist siblings named the Ohrlavis have been looking to quietly sell off a folio of Pathfinder lore called the Open Road Pact. The Ohrlavis haven’t been successful, however, as the work is so obscure to be considered a fake (or at least suspect).

Fumbus asks the local alchemists in the area about the name Ohrlavi. He is able to gain reliable descriptions of Bijan and Zaynap Ohrlavi. In addition, the he learns that they seem to be operating out of an abandoned apothecary shop called Wishful Cures.

Ezren asks the wizard-tutors of Quantium and learns the ritual markings are similar to runes used in the golem forges in Oenopion, and the knowledge of how to use these runes was stolen by discredited alchemists called the Ohrlavis.

Merisiel decides to go look for Sebnet's former assistant, Igrigi Lokar. Igrigi is more than helpful. He remembers Bijan Ohrlavi, and recalls that the alchemist had a twin sister named Zaynap (whom he never met). Igrigi found Bijan to be suspicious and near-obssessive interest in works on ooze-crafting mildly off-putting. He wouldn’t put it past the twins to steal what they couldn’t afford. Igrigi doesn’t know much about the Open Road Pact, but he recalls that a folio on that subject was filed near the materials on oozes; a thief concerned with haste rather than precision might have accidentally grabbed the Open Road Pact folio as well. Igrigi recalls that the Ohrlavis were based out of an apothecary shop
called Wishful Cures.

The group meets back up after about three hours and shares information.

The only information you haven't received yet is regarding the oozes. You may take a couple hours and continue asking about oozecrafting or if you think you have enough information already, you may move on.


Human, female, Barbarian/5 perception +9 (+11 for init), AC 22, Fort+12, Ref+10, Will+9 HP 77/83

After the party meets Amiri says
So, these twins are the one we need to find. Stealing from the library, and for oozes? Disgusting things. We should pay them a visit...but will the local law be upset if a fight starts?


Female Human Cleric 5

"Considering that obsession frequently leads to overzealousness, I suspect we will find that twins have create something the law would rather we stopped.

Or at least, that's been my experience in the past.

I am afraid I would be no help researching the creatures themselves, as I do not have the training. Fumbus, Ezren, do you wish to do the research or should we pay a visit to this Wishful Cures?"


Ezren | Human, Male, Wizard 5 | Perception +9 | AC 20/21 - Fort+10, Ref+12, Will+11 HP 38/53

"In truth, I expect that I will likely be able to deduce the weaknesses of their preferred oozes once we can see them; perhaps better to strike now than allow them further time for their wickedness."


Human, female, Barbarian/5 perception +9 (+11 for init), AC 22, Fort+12, Ref+10, Will+9 HP 77/83

then maybe we should go get them
Amiri gets up and stretches.
I hope they give a nice fight
She pauses
do you think they'll sic oozes onto us? That could be a problem. Do we have anything good against those?


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

I'm assuming this means the majority is in agreement to going and finding Wishful Cures.

After asking around a bit you find that Wishful Cures was an apothecary shop near the docks of Quantium. Although the shop did brisk business for many decades, its owner died suddenly almost 8 years ago, the victim of an esoteric yet lethal curse. Legal entanglements have left the building unclaimed ever since. The shop’s facade has been defaced with graffiti, its windows are all broken, and looking through the windows you see its wares are plainly plundered.


Female Human Cleric 5

"Seems empty. Shall we search it?"

Envoy's Alliance

"Make sure no more bad statues first before we go in."


Human, female, Barbarian/5 perception +9 (+11 for init), AC 22, Fort+12, Ref+10, Will+9 HP 77/83

We should scout first. Wait here

Amiri slips quietly over to spy out any signs of activity

stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

wow, obviously so focused on stealthing, forgot to look


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Amiri, moves as light as a feather toward the open window, and takes a look in, but the broken window seems to be blocked by a fallen bookcase and she can't see inside.


Ezren | Human, Male, Wizard 5 | Perception +9 | AC 20/21 - Fort+10, Ref+12, Will+11 HP 38/53

"Meri, care to take a closer look?"


Human, female, Barbarian/5 perception +9 (+11 for init), AC 22, Fort+12, Ref+10, Will+9 HP 77/83

Amiri, gestures for the others to approach.
When they get close she says Can't see anything. Sounds empty


Female Human Cleric 5

"Is there a back entrance? It might not do to be seen breaking in from the street."


Human, female, Barbarian/5 perception +9 (+11 for init), AC 22, Fort+12, Ref+10, Will+9 HP 77/83

Amiri looks around. Who or what is on the street

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


Female Human Cleric 5

It's mostly to herself, but Kyra mutters, "How did the others get in? She then proceeds to look for that way.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16 Looking specifically for the entrance the looters used.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Amiri looks around and sees that though there are tracks in all different directions, there are also footprints that lead up to the door. The windows are also broken open, but still have sharp glass protruding.

Checking the door reveals it to be locked.


Human, female, Barbarian/5 perception +9 (+11 for init), AC 22, Fort+12, Ref+10, Will+9 HP 77/83

Through the front door seems the way. My method of entry will be noisy though


Female Human Cleric 5

"I don't have any other options. Does anyone else?"


Ezren | Human, Male, Wizard 5 | Perception +9 | AC 20/21 - Fort+10, Ref+12, Will+11 HP 38/53

"Break it down, Amiri."


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

It's an Athletics check to break down the door. You can also try an Acrobatics check to slip through the window.

Also, you have Merisiel with you. If there's anything you'd like the rogue to do, you can always ask her to do something.


Human, female, Barbarian/5 perception +9 (+11 for init), AC 22, Fort+12, Ref+10, Will+9 HP 77/83

Merisiel, can you open this door?


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Merisiel checks the door and let's you know she can't pick the lock as it is barred from the inside.


Ezren | Human, Male, Wizard 5 | Perception +9 | AC 20/21 - Fort+10, Ref+12, Will+11 HP 38/53
Cwethan's Iconic wrote:
"Break it down, Amiri."

:-p


Female Human Cleric 5

"If it is barred from the inside, there must be another entrance."

Before she walks around the building however, she thinks to ask. "Cwethan, could you manipulate the bar with magic?"


Ezren | Human, Male, Wizard 5 | Perception +9 | AC 20/21 - Fort+10, Ref+12, Will+11 HP 38/53

Ezren tugs at his beard, "I believe so..."

Gingerly he steps over towards some of the broken windows, peering through to get a good line of sight. Reaching up to a chain on his neck he pulls a delicate mummified hand from within his robes, conjuring its spectral double to lift the bar with his mage hand.

101 to 150 of 197 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gimble's #1-00 Origins of the Open Road - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.