The Great (Pathfinder) Society...in Magnimar! (Inactive)

Game Master Eric Swanson

Shattered Star AP...undertaken by a roving band of misfits...errr scholars...errr...heroes, he he.


4,101 to 4,150 of 4,261 << first < prev | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | next > last >>

Halfling Summoner 8, HP 64/64, AC 16/t 12/f 15, F 6 /R 7 /W 9, Init +1, PasPer 11, Sp (1st) 6/6 (2nd) 6/6 (3rd) 3/3, SMI, II, III, IV 8/8

"That would be my preference, yes." Yamyra replies.
Turning to Gared, she continues, "As you may recall, Varisia isn't like several of the Southern Avistani nations. We aren't so much a nation as a contiguous region with common cultural bonds. Of course," her smile grows lopsided, "the actual common cultural bonds are of the two indigenous cultures, the Varisians & the Shoanti, who have this side of no genuine say in the daily or long-term direction of the three chief trade powers of the region."
"Korvosa, the oldest of the three trade cities was founded several centuries ago by Chelish explorers. Something of a monarchy by default, Korvosa suffered a significant blow a few years ago when the last surviving member of the Royal line died. Events surrounding his death are a bit...
well, as I stated just a moment ago, Magnimar & Korvosa have been rivals aver since Magnimar was founded, nearly a century ago. So I'm not at all certain I would place too much credence on tales of Diabolical rituals, mass murders, or Undead Dragons using relics crafted from their own flesh to control others from beyond the grave..."
Trailing off, she shakes her self, refocusing upon the matter at hand. "The...
confirmed facts are that not long after the last king by blood of the royal line died, there was an outbreak of a particularly virulent plague. The new queen, widow of the previous king is believed to have panicked, enacting a number of very harsh laws in an effort to curb the spread of the disease. Related to that, she caused to be formed a new military order within the city, beholden to herself alone, composed entirely of women. Now, according to rumour, all the members of this order were noted not only for their martial prowess, but also their beauty."
"Unfortunately, as the stresses of the situation bore down upon her, Queen Ileosa supposedly went a bit...
mad. One symptom of her erratic emotional state was an obsessively heightened vanity. Supposedly, all the members of the Grey Maidens, the military order Queen Ileosa founded, were subjected to facial scarring so that their beauty would not outshine her own. As time continued, she became more & more unbalanced, until finally she was unseated. How accurate the details of what I have just shared are, are a significant factor in my personal interest in questioning this Oriana."


retired

Carridan blinks blankly at Yamyra then looks at Gared to see if he gathered all that. Shrugging, he then looks at Horven, "Do you think Oriana would have left instruction with those she allied with to ensure none followed her? If she did, would one of the other two caves maybe be quicker?"


Male Halfling Rogue 5; HP: 35/35; AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 15; Fort: +3, Ref: +9, Will: +3 (+5 vs Fear, +2 vs illusions); Initiative: +4; Perception: +20 (+2 vs traps), Passive Perception: 30

"I doubt she could have done that. If we approach peacefully, we may be able to talk to them, at least."

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

So, what's the plan guys?


retired

"Don't you think the beaten group would be easier to negotiate with? Besides, there was a balance here before this Oriana and her maidens came through. If- ah, if it's possible to restore that balance while trying to get into the Lady's Light... I, er, well I'd like for us to try, at least." Carridan looks around questioningly, his tone revealing his doubt that the others will see things his way.


Male Dwarf Zen Archer Monk 4//Preacher 1, HP: 46/46, AC(wMA) 21 /t 17 /f 19, F 9, R 6, W 10,(+3 vs spells/poison, +2 vs transmutation) Init +2, PasPer 22(24 stone), Darkvision 60'

Gared nodded as Yamyra brought him up to speed. "I myself would rather try and take the beastie in the middle caves rather than trying to deal with either o' those creatures. I'm not sure how to be feeling about Oriana..." Gared looked somewhat sheepishly to his companions who hadn't spoken on the matter yet. "I'm not wantin' to be makin' our decision on the matter... What are ye thinkin'?"


Female Tiefling (Demonspawn) Sorcerer 5 (Abyssal) PP=11 HP: 36/39 AC 18 (Touch 12, FF 16) Claws 9/9

"I agree with Carridan that the northern cave sounds the easiest," Carmina says. "But the middle cave sounds far more interesting," she continues, her mischievous grin turned slightly disturbing by the unnaturally sharp teeth.


Male Halfling Rogue 5; HP: 35/35; AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 15; Fort: +3, Ref: +9, Will: +3 (+5 vs Fear, +2 vs illusions); Initiative: +4; Perception: +20 (+2 vs traps), Passive Perception: 30

Horven shrugs. "If we can deal with the menace ourselves, we don't have to get ourselves involved in any politics."


retired

Carridan shrugs, "Ok. That seems fine too." He sets his empty bowl of stew down and nods to their host, "Thank you for the meal."


Halfling Summoner 8, HP 64/64, AC 16/t 12/f 15, F 6 /R 7 /W 9, Init +1, PasPer 11, Sp (1st) 6/6 (2nd) 6/6 (3rd) 3/3, SMI, II, III, IV 8/8

"I would point out," Yamyra interjects, "whatever is in between, is dangerous enough to provide a barrier between two highly inimical peoples. Enough so that they were willing to remain essentially 'at-arm's-length' rather than risk their entire communities trying to confront it."
"Politics may be a foul word in your vocabulary, but it exists primarily as a means for people to avoid conflict. For myself, while I am afraid I don't speak a language in common with either, I can call aid which does..."

DM Eric, need a DM adjudication. While I recognize it really isn't what the class ability was originally intended for, do you have any objections to my expending my daily uses of my Summon Monster SLA to instead maintain a summoned monster's presence? Lantern Archons have Draconic as a Known Language & I was figuring Yamyra would call one up to act as an interpreter for her/us if she can talk the rest of the party into pursuing a diplomatic option.


Male Halfling Rogue 5; HP: 35/35; AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 15; Fort: +3, Ref: +9, Will: +3 (+5 vs Fear, +2 vs illusions); Initiative: +4; Perception: +20 (+2 vs traps), Passive Perception: 30

"I don't have anything against politics per se, I have qualms about being asked to kill someone's enemy in exchange for safe passage," Horven says, finishing his meal.


Halfling Summoner 8, HP 64/64, AC 16/t 12/f 15, F 6 /R 7 /W 9, Init +1, PasPer 11, Sp (1st) 6/6 (2nd) 6/6 (3rd) 3/3, SMI, II, III, IV 8/8

Nodding in acknowledgment of Horven's clarification, Yamyra's expression clears. "There is also the possibility that the...
xulgaths,"
she stumbles a bit with the pronunciation, obviously attempting to commit it to memory, "may still be too weakened by the Boggard's assault to pose a threat to us."

Grand Lodge

Yamyra: Since the Summon Monster is a SLA I will rule you can use another daily use to extend the duration AS LONG AS you declare it the round before the duration elapses. In other words, you cannot declare the number of uses beforehand.

AS the meal draws to a close, those who partook of the meal realize Maroux is a terrible cook. Not even the kelpies hair seaweed is enough to save the meal. All who ate with her must succeed at a DC 10 Fortitude save to avoid becoming sickened for 1 hour.


retired

Fort Save (DC10): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Male Halfling Rogue 5; HP: 35/35; AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 15; Fort: +3, Ref: +9, Will: +3 (+5 vs Fear, +2 vs illusions); Initiative: +4; Perception: +20 (+2 vs traps), Passive Perception: 30

Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Halfling Summoner 8, HP 64/64, AC 16/t 12/f 15, F 6 /R 7 /W 9, Init +1, PasPer 11, Sp (1st) 6/6 (2nd) 6/6 (3rd) 3/3, SMI, II, III, IV 8/8

Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Clearly suffering from gustatory distress, Yamyra says little more for the rest of the night.


Female Tiefling (Demonspawn) Sorcerer 5 (Abyssal) PP=11 HP: 36/39 AC 18 (Touch 12, FF 16) Claws 9/9

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Seriously?

Somehow, Carmina finds the soup extremely tasty and even helps herself to a second serving without any obvious ill effects.

So, most people seem okay with the trodgolyte cave?


Male Halfling Rogue 5; HP: 35/35; AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 15; Fort: +3, Ref: +9, Will: +3 (+5 vs Fear, +2 vs illusions); Initiative: +4; Perception: +20 (+2 vs traps), Passive Perception: 30

I thinking most of us want to go for the middle cave.


retired

yeah, it seems the mysterious middle cave has garnered the most interest


Male Dwarf Zen Archer Monk 4//Preacher 1, HP: 46/46, AC(wMA) 21 /t 17 /f 19, F 9, R 6, W 10,(+3 vs spells/poison, +2 vs transmutation) Init +2, PasPer 22(24 stone), Darkvision 60'

Fort Save 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Gared made an effort to put on a face of enjoyment as he slogged through the meal. [b]"I have to be thankin' ye for yer aid n' hospitality, Maroux. I've been known to dabble in cooking a meal o' two meself, and I'd be lovin' an opportunity to share a recipe or two?"[/dice]

Gared will take some time and (10 on any bluff and/or diplomacy checks needed) to ingratiate himself with Maroux in such a way that he can improve her cooking skills without letting on that they are currently rather poor.

Grand Lodge

Current Date: 18 Pharast (March) Early Morning.

You spend the rest of the evening resting up from your journey (and recovering from Maroux's dinner stew). Gared spends his time passing his cooking skills to the half-orc woman. She seems receptive to the lessons provided, but only time will tell whether they will indeed improve her culinary skills.

The next day dawns bright and sunny for once and as you prepare to depart, Maroux is there to see you off. "Good luck in findin' what ye be lookin' fer. Be careful of that Orianna woman. She be a crafty one!"

Horven, your re-training (Combat Trick for Canny Observer) is now completed.

Departing the witch's hut, you start making your way to the location Maroux's crude map where the middle cave is located. Taking a longer route to avoid running into the troglodyte cave, you circle around Lake Ghalous, an expanse of murky, boggy water, and along Slug Creek. Near where the creek passes the south side of Lake Ghalous, you run across a gruesome scene. Scattered upon the ground are obvious signs of carnage, and the vile reek of rot mixed with a pungent reptilian stink assaults the nostrils like a hammer’s blow. Buzzards wheel in the sky above while clouds of flies buzz below. At least three dozen decomposing humanoid bodies lie strewn across the ground here, reptilian and amphibian in form. The reptilian bodies have all been decapitated—the heads are nowhere in evidence.


Male Dwarf Zen Archer Monk 4//Preacher 1, HP: 46/46, AC(wMA) 21 /t 17 /f 19, F 9, R 6, W 10,(+3 vs spells/poison, +2 vs transmutation) Init +2, PasPer 22(24 stone), Darkvision 60'

Gared quietly asked for a suit of magical armor from his companions before asking Horven if he'd scan the grizzly scene for danger of any kind, keeping a watchful eye and a drawn arrow at the ready all the while.


Male Halfling Rogue 5; HP: 35/35; AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 15; Fort: +3, Ref: +9, Will: +3 (+5 vs Fear, +2 vs illusions); Initiative: +4; Perception: +20 (+2 vs traps), Passive Perception: 30

Horven nods and looks around the area.

Perception: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (18) + 20 = 38

-Posted with Wayfinder


retired

Carridan's face falls, the druid obviously saddened by the scene of such gratuitous death. Shaking his head, he begins slowly moving through the surrounding brush, looking to try and piece together what might have transpired here.

Survival: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

Status:

HP: 36/36
AC: 19 (12 T / 17 FF)
CMD: 16
F/R/W: +8/+6/+9
Wild Shape used: 0/1
Storm Burst used: 0/7
CLW charges used: 5/50

Spells Prepared:
Orisons (4): create water, detect poison, know direction, purify food and drink
Level 1 (3+1+1*): charm animal, magic stone, obscuring mist*, produce flame, speak with animals
Level 2 (2+1+1*): bull's strength, fog cloud*, gust of wind, hold animal
*domain

Ongoing Effects

Grand Lodge

Your search of the many bodies littering the area produces nothing of value, however you are able to determine these are both boggards and troglodytes who fought each other here.


retired

Carridan comes back to the group, his shoulders sagging. "There's- there's not much left to make sense of really. I think they fought each other here, but I didn't find any sign of survivors leaving the area. Probably because it's been too long. I'm sure there were survivors though, because who would've cut off the troglodytes heads otherwise, right?"


Male Halfling Rogue 5; HP: 35/35; AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 15; Fort: +3, Ref: +9, Will: +3 (+5 vs Fear, +2 vs illusions); Initiative: +4; Perception: +20 (+2 vs traps), Passive Perception: 30

"Maroux."

-Posted with Wayfinder


retired

"If Maroux was responsible, why just take the troglodyte heads, why not the boggard as well? And why so many?" His face blanches then and his cheeks puff involuntarily. "U-unless, that explains why the soup was so... well, bad."


Male Halfling Rogue 5; HP: 35/35; AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 15; Fort: +3, Ref: +9, Will: +3 (+5 vs Fear, +2 vs illusions); Initiative: +4; Perception: +20 (+2 vs traps), Passive Perception: 30

Horven shrugs. "It was a guess, nothing more. But, yeah, that might explain her cooking."


Male Dwarf Zen Archer Monk 4//Preacher 1, HP: 46/46, AC(wMA) 21 /t 17 /f 19, F 9, R 6, W 10,(+3 vs spells/poison, +2 vs transmutation) Init +2, PasPer 22(24 stone), Darkvision 60'

"Bah! It wasn't that bad!" Exclaimed the dwarf somewhat indignantly.

Gared's expression was sour as he muttered a blessing to Erastil, then went about examining the decapitated remains, hopeful that the mechanism of injury might lend some insight into the gruesome display.

Casting guidance and making a heal check1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Grand Lodge

Gared is able to determine fairly quickly the battle took place several days ago and definitely was between the troglodytes and the boggards. He is unsure who may have carried off the reptilian heads however.


Halfling Summoner 8, HP 64/64, AC 16/t 12/f 15, F 6 /R 7 /W 9, Init +1, PasPer 11, Sp (1st) 6/6 (2nd) 6/6 (3rd) 3/3, SMI, II, III, IV 8/8

: : That Morning : :

Recognizing the likelihood of combat over diplomacy, Yamyra calls Fancy forth not long after waking. At Gared's request, she enshrouds him in a shell of protective enchantment, as she does Fancy also.

Cast Mage Armor on both Gared & Fancy, four hour duration.

: : Now : :

"Either it was the Boggards, likely with the assistance of Orianna's soldiers, which seems most likely," Yamyra mutters to herself, "Maroux, although why she would do it and not tell us is beyond me," she flicks a brief glare at Horven, "or some third party of whome we know naught. Possibly the mysterious 'central cavern' inhabitant."

The skulls around Maroux' home were of several different species, correct, DM Eric?

Grand Lodge

Yamyra: Actually all of the skulls around her home were of just the Troglodytes and the boggards.


Male Halfling Rogue 5; HP: 35/35; AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 15; Fort: +3, Ref: +9, Will: +3 (+5 vs Fear, +2 vs illusions); Initiative: +4; Perception: +20 (+2 vs traps), Passive Perception: 30

"Shall we press on? It's not like we're going to find the heads now and I'm sure they are of no use to their previous owners," Horven says, taking a few steps towards the cave.


Male Dwarf Zen Archer Monk 4//Preacher 1, HP: 46/46, AC(wMA) 21 /t 17 /f 19, F 9, R 6, W 10,(+3 vs spells/poison, +2 vs transmutation) Init +2, PasPer 22(24 stone), Darkvision 60'

Gared nodded to Horven and moved quietly toward the cave.

Grand Lodge

Continuing onward from the site of the battle, you continue to the site of the cave. It only takes you a short time to reach the cave, perhaps a half hour or so.

As you all approach the entrance, you see the wide cave entrance yawns at the base of a stony outcropping overlooking a wide bog. The cave is nearly forty feet wide and twenty feet high, and slopes up into darkness. A wide assortment of bones lies scattered about in front of the cave itself, and here and there something shiny glitters among the bones. As you peer into the cave entrance, you notice the cave is somewhat humid and a vague odor of sulfur floats on the air. All is quiet however, until Jasper looks around himself and exclaims "Fear is wiser than folly, but folly will aid thee in the nights to come!"

MAP


Halfling Summoner 8, HP 64/64, AC 16/t 12/f 15, F 6 /R 7 /W 9, Init +1, PasPer 11, Sp (1st) 6/6 (2nd) 6/6 (3rd) 3/3, SMI, II, III, IV 8/8

"A moment, if you would." Yamyra interjects before they proceed too far into the cavern. Calling upon her arcane faculties, she places an enchantment of growth upon Fancy, her brows raised inquiringly at Gared as well.

Cast Enlarge Person on Fancy, offering to cast it on Gared also.


Male Halfling Rogue 5; HP: 35/35; AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 15; Fort: +3, Ref: +9, Will: +3 (+5 vs Fear, +2 vs illusions); Initiative: +4; Perception: +20 (+2 vs traps), Passive Perception: 30

Horven takes a moment to peruse his surroundings.

Perception: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23

-Posted with Wayfinder


retired

Carridan's gaze sweeps over the bones and the cave entrance, "That's- ah, that's a bigger cave than I was expecting. I- I, ah, wonder what it is that lives inside."

Status:

HP: 36/36
AC: 19 (12 T / 17 FF)
CMD: 16
F/R/W: +8/+6/+9
Wild Shape used: 0/1
Storm Burst used: 0/7
CLW charges used: 5/50

Spells Prepared:
Orisons (4): create water, detect poison, know direction, purify food and drink
Level 1 (3+1+1*): charm animal, magic stone, obscuring mist*, produce flame, speak with animals
Level 2 (2+1+1*): bull's strength, fog cloud*, gust of wind, hold animal
*domain

Ongoing Effects

Grand Lodge

DM Rolls:
2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6
Perc vs Stealth DC 26: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 10 - 4 = 15 fail

Horven gets to work searching through the remains of the devoured corpses strewn about the cave entrance. It takes the halfling much longer than he anticipated to gather all of the treasure found but he manages to find quite a bit of treasure.

Loot list updated.


Male Dwarf Zen Archer Monk 4//Preacher 1, HP: 46/46, AC(wMA) 21 /t 17 /f 19, F 9, R 6, W 10,(+3 vs spells/poison, +2 vs transmutation) Init +2, PasPer 22(24 stone), Darkvision 60'

Gared shook his head at Yamyra's offer and moved to take a defensive position besides Horven as he searched, his dwarven eyes piercing the darkness.

Grand Lodge

Are you guys ready to proceed further into the cave now? Any preparation magic cast here, or any other things you wanted to do? If you are ready to proceed, can I get a marching order please?


Male Dwarf Zen Archer Monk 4//Preacher 1, HP: 46/46, AC(wMA) 21 /t 17 /f 19, F 9, R 6, W 10,(+3 vs spells/poison, +2 vs transmutation) Init +2, PasPer 22(24 stone), Darkvision 60'

Ready to move on, Gared indicated questioningly to Fancy to take point, and striding several long paces behind her. Gared whispered to Horven before moving quietly forward,
"You should shadow our flank not further than me, keep to cover, see if you can't find places to be sniping with your crossbow, unseen. If it gets past Fancy and notices you I ought to be able to help flank it in a melee."
The dwarf looked to his companion for a response, putting a hand on his shoulder and giving him an encouraging nod.

Gared will cast a light spell on one of his arrows, keeping it smothered in his quiver but ready to draw. He will also cast guidance on himself as the group begins to move ahead (while taking 10 on stealth checks), recasting the cantrip as its duration runs out (as long as no clear danger has presented itself).


retired

Carridan fidgets uncomfortably for a bit as the others make ready to enter the gaping cave. As he himself gets to the entrance, he adds, "If, ah- if the thing living in here is an animal I might be able to get us past without risk of harm. So, ah, all I ask is that if it is an animal, like a giant bear, let me try a spell before we start attacking it." He looks to the others hesitantly then glances at the piles of bones littering the mouth of the cave. "I hope it's an animal. I really don't want to meet a dragon today."


Male Halfling Rogue 5; HP: 35/35; AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 15; Fort: +3, Ref: +9, Will: +3 (+5 vs Fear, +2 vs illusions); Initiative: +4; Perception: +20 (+2 vs traps), Passive Perception: 30

Horven nods at Gared and falls back several paces. He readies his crossbow and keeps an eye out as he moves along. "Sure thing, Carridan."

Perception: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 30
Stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32


Female Tiefling (Demonspawn) Sorcerer 5 (Abyssal) PP=11 HP: 36/39 AC 18 (Touch 12, FF 16) Claws 9/9

Sorry guys, internet trouble. :/

"Well, I've heard dragons tend to have lots of treasure in their caves. Don't know about giant bears though." Carmina muses.

Carmina will cast Mage Armor and follow just behind Gared.

Grand Lodge

DM Rolls:

Fancy Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
H Perc: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 10 - 4 = 18
.
Initiative
Ca 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
CH 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Gr 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
H 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Y 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
F 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
.
Hydra 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

As all of you make your way inside the cave darkness soon swallows you up, which is soon chased away by Yamyra's torch. The cave extends for about a hundred feet or so before turning south. As you proceed along you see the cave angle back to the east. Before Fancy can proceed any further, a slithering noise echoes back to the eidolon and the rest of you. As you bring your torch to bear you all see a serpentine monster approaching you covered in reddish brown scales, one that has multiple heads, five in all! This must be a hydra!

Round 1: Carridan, Gared, Fancy, Hydra, Horven, Carmina, Yamyra, Jasper.

MAP


retired

"Tha-tha- that's near enough to a dragon!" Carridan's quickly intones a spell, and grants Gozreh's might to Fancy.

Status:

HP: 36/36
AC: 19 (12 T / 17 FF)
CMD: 16
F/R/W: +8/+6/+9
Wild Shape used: 0/1
Storm Burst used: 0/7
CLW charges used: 5/50

Spells Prepared:
Orisons (4): create water, detect poison, know direction, purify food and drink
Level 1 (3+1+1*): charm animal, magic stone, obscuring mist*, produce flame, speak with animals
Level 2 (2+1+1*): bull's strength, fog cloud*, gust of wind, hold animal
*domain

Ongoing Effects
Bull's Strength (Fancy): 1/10 rounds, 1/4 minutes


Male Dwarf Zen Archer Monk 4//Preacher 1, HP: 46/46, AC(wMA) 21 /t 17 /f 19, F 9, R 6, W 10,(+3 vs spells/poison, +2 vs transmutation) Init +2, PasPer 22(24 stone), Darkvision 60'

Knowledge arcana(?) to identify
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Gared called down Erastil's judgement on the beast as he launched his assualt against the creature, crying out to his companion's as he did so.
"Hold this line and volley from here! Let it come to meet readied fist and blade!"

Full attack flurry, using judgement for damage as a swift action, popping guidance on first attack, leading with lighted arrow. Arrows are sharpened cold iron. Including Yamyra's flag bonus but not point blank shot here.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 Damage 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Attack 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Damage 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Attack 2 roll to confirm 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Additional damage if confirmed:
2d8 + 18 ⇒ (8, 8) + 18 = 34

Grand Lodge

Gared realizes hydras are dangerous foes because of their healing abilities, able to regenerate damage so long as they have functional heads. While Carridan moves to impart Gozreh's strength on Fancy, Gared display his shooting prowess, with his second shot passing clean through the hydra's body just below where the heads sprout from the body leaving a grievous wound in its wake. The hydra takes 45 points of damage (no massive damage save needed).

Round 1: Carridan, Gared, Fancy, Hydra, Horven, Carmina, Yamyra, Jasper.

1 to 50 of 4,261 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Project 'X" Game thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.