Mummy's Mask

Game Master Samy

GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Campaign --- Day 26 --- Google Drive Folder --- Experience --- Treasure --- Relationships --- Maps (Empty Graves)
Panic Level: 13

Party Inits:
[dice=Initiative Aleris]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Deseri]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Harmose]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Kito]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Polux]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Qari]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Ra-Khefer]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Turel]1d20+2[/dice]

[dice=Perception Aleris]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Deseri]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Perception Harmose]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Kito]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Perception Polux]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Perception Qari]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Perception Ra-Khefer]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Perception Turel]1d20+9[/dice]


2,651 to 2,700 of 5,004 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Inactive

Aleris can't help but stare just a bit as Harmose shifts his outfit into something more fitting for the occasion, but she tries very hard to keep her focus on the task at hand. "Yep, I think we're as ready as we'll ever be! Lead on," she smiles. And then groans internally when she realizes that means she'll be treated to quite the view of sorcerer backside all the way to the brothel.

Won't stare, won't stare...


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Sense Motive, w/ Thera: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Still Oblivious

Kito sits with Thera in her lap, apparently zoning out. Need non-lethal options. That means no screams or flaming fingers. Here is one using a rope I haven't used yet! I've heard they have ropes around places like this, although I'm not certain why. Blinding someone might be useful. I imagine wrestling crocodiles takes quite a bit of strength, might want to take care of that too!

Just as people announce they are ready to go, she looks up and says "Oh, yes. I'm ready." I wonder if I missed anything? Oh well, if I did I'm sure someone will point it out later.

She puts Thera on her shoulder and stands, ready to follow.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Standing up and reaching down to rub her leg then shuffling after the others. Completely content to glare at the ground and keep quiet.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

You make your way to the Veins district of Wati. It is essentially the factory district, and you pass all sorts of foul smells as you travel through the blocks and cross small bridges over canals. The terrible smell of a tannery. Coal forges piping black smoke. The metallic clangs of smiths hammering. The small canals criscrossing the Veins are fairly filthy looking as the many industries dump their refuse in the waters in the hopes of eventual dilution in the Sphinx River. You follow the coordinates given, making your way to the intersection of Cherry and Goat streets. Once there, you embark on your plan, which, if I understand correctly, involves the men heading inside and the women waiting outside for a little while before storming in with false indignation.

Those who make their way inside will find themselves in a common room with seats for maybe 20-30 people or so, of various kinds -- sofas, chairs around a small round table, stools at the bar and so on. The establishment has seen better days, but it's not completely decrepit. But there's definitely various smells that it was never possible to completely clean out, layered over one another, years' worth of. The place is about half to third full, around a dozen people in the common room right now.

Engineering DC 10:
You estimate the place is about 20-30 years old and there has never been a significant renovation to it. It's absorbed a couple of decades' worth of smells. It is solidly built, and though various surfaces look worn and a bit filthy, you believe that the place is structurally sound.

Perception DC 10:
You count two security in the common room -- one bouncer at the door, and another standing at the opposite side of the common room from the entrance. In addition to that, there's one person behind the bar, six girls who appear to be looking for customers and four patrons, one sitting at the bar, another sitting at a corner table alone, and two off to the side at a secluded booth.

Perception DC 15:
One of the men sitting at the secluded booth fits the description of the crocodile keeper Neb-At. (image link) He is about 20-30 years old, muscular, statuesque, chiseled. Dark skin. Shoulder length hair, glossy black.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Grumbling to herself as the first wave of the vile smell of this horrible place hit her. This is not a natural place and that smell cannot be right. What is wrong with city people. How can they live like this.

Keeping to her usual place at the back of the group until they reach they destination. Practically growling, How long are we waiting?

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Upon entering the brothel, the ladies who are looking for business quickly home in on the new arrivals. Whatever patrons were here previously have probably already turned them down or something. So a group of ladies quickly mingle with Harmose and his posse, smiling flirtatiously and proposing that the gentlemen buy them drinks. The ladies look Osirian and Keleshite in ethnicity and run the range of ages from young to middle aged, and body types from extremely thin to slightly overweight. They're all dressed fancier than the establishment surrounding them would warrant, making sure to be attention-getters among the rabble.

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.
M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Ra made his way in with the rest, trying to look as 'anonymous bodyguard' like as possible. He fiddled with his darkened lenses and glanced around surreptitiously.
Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
Knowledge:Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
He sniffed.
"Old. Unkempt. Still sound though." He muttered up his sleeve to the others.
He frowned.
"No not you. The building."


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel plays the part of the stoic bodyguard as Harmose weaves his magic upon the desperate ladies. While the ladies are distracted he scans the crowd for his quarry...

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Prior to entering, message spell on Aleris and Kito. So they can hear ALL of Harmose's dialogue.
___

Harmose steps in with a smile. "Oh, Polux, you've really outdone yourself! I wanted to slum, and you've made it all possible. Come friends, shall we sample all the delights here?"

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Interesting. Two bouncers, a bartender and only four customers? And two off by themselves. What did Neb-At look like, again? He could be the one at the bar, or sitting alone, or already at business. Dammit. We'll have to check them all out.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

He grins as he's surrounded by the ladies. "A bevy of beauties, each more charming than the next! Oh ladies, this is my first time here! Can you believe it?" Harmose claps his hands to Turel. "Turel, there are only six of these lovelies! Surely we can spare a drink each?"

He kisses all their hands, bowing low, very aware that he's drawing every eye in the room. "Ladies, how come you are sitting here untended? What business can possibly be more important than your company?"

Secret Message: Turel, Polux, Ra-Khefer:

Bluff, Secret Message to Turel, Polux + Ra Khefer: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

"What business indeed? Go and check the other customers out... One of them has to be our guy."

He walks to the bar, taking as many of the ladies as he can with him. "Now, tell me your names! I am Harmose, and I'm the luckiest man in the world tonight. Maybe, just maybe, all of you can make me even luckier..." He grins. You know that Aleris will think you are having WAY too much fun at this, don't you?

He seats one on each barstool which means surrounding the guy at the bar. He turns to the patron at the bar with an apologetic smile. "Hey there! I'm about to show the lovely ladies a magic trick! Want to see it too? By the way, I'm Harmose." He offers his hand for the man to shake.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Inactive

Based on this post I'm going to assume that Aleris and Kito can hear Harmose, especially since Aleris will need to know the best time to come storming in anyway!

As the group parts ways for the moment, Aleris ushers the other women into a small side alley so as not to draw any more attention to themselves than they have to. "We'd better wait out of sight for right now," she whispers. "People passing by might think we're uh, workers if we're all just standing around on the street."

"And I'm not sure on how long," she admits to Deseri, looking a bit hesitant in the face of the redhead's ill mood. "Harmose put his message spell on Kito and myself so we can hear what's going on inside. Hopefully he'll be able to tell us when we should make our entrance."

Almost as if on cue, she cocks her head to one side as if listening to something. Then she shakes her head, unable to keep from smiling slightly. "An actor at heart. He's having a lot of fun with this."


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"He does like to talk." Kito replies. With a smile, she looks as Deseri and asks "Do you think he talks even while asleep? I would guess he does."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari suggested the girls wait at least half an hour to let the boys play out their plan and have a bit of fun. "We could find something else to do for a few minutes. Us just standing around looks pretty suspicious. Besides, my nose isn't strong enough to put up with this smell for long."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Glancing over a Kito with a small grin, That does seem likely.

Shifting her gaze back to Aleris with mirth glowing in her yellow eyes she open her mouth to say something but Qari starts talking. Relief replaces mirth, The pretty one has it. Can we wait somewhere else?


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

As soon as they enter the 'establishment' Polux notices something that catches his attention, and immediately warns his companions - "We have found what we were looking for" - he speaks to those next to him, then drifts on over to a bar stool, not too close to where Harmose performs admirably, but close enough to jump in if needed, and about midway toward the bouncer at the back.

Every once in a while, and when his companions make eye contact with him, he nods toward one of the the secluded booths.


Inactive

"Well...I guess that actually makes even more sense," Aleris admits, pointedly ignoring the speculation about what Harmose does when at rest. "Maybe there's a shop or another bar close by that we can duck into to kill some time."

She thinks for a moment, trying to remember if they'd passed any such places on the way to the brothel. "Did any of you see anywhere interesting?"


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Within around 100 feet of the building, that is." Kito interjects. "The spell only stretches so far."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

As Harmose entertains the ladies of the night quite skillfully, charming them and small talking with them, Polux's sharp eyes catch the group's target -- Neb-At is one of the two men sitting off to the side in a secluded booth, not trying to draw attention to themselves. Though there are less than twenty people present, there's still enough noise that whatever the two are discussing can't be overheard.

Engineering DC 10:
The establishment's walls and ceilings are coated in soft, pillowy cushions which muffle sound in the common room, making it difficult for sound to carry far.

Spellcraft or Arcana DC 15:
You believe that there is some sort of sound dampening magic at work that makes it difficult for conversations to carry far, affording people enhanced privacy.

Perception DC 15:
From upstairs, you hear the sound of a woman's cry, as if she were being harmed. You notice the one security person who is not watching the front entrance very surreptitiously moving himself nearer to the stairs leading upstairs.

The ladies waiting outside can see a small streetside café that is still open, across the street from the brothel. The spell should be able to stretch that far. Since it's so late an hour, it is somewhat exceptional for the café to still be open -- pretty much all other doors and shops in the vicinity have closed. The café has a stand outside that advertises a unique taste, olive oil and citrus ice cream, that none of you can recall encountering before.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"Nothing up my sleeve!" Harmose gestures to his bare arms. Stretching them out for the patron sitting on the barstool, as well as for the ladies of the night. "See? Nothing but the writing of the ancients... words of mystery and magic!" He waves his arms dramatically, turning so that all eyes remain on him. Then he continues with his magic trick, deftly bringing out his adorable rabbit, Wenet. As she hops out of his tattoo, he catches her, and says, "Or perhaps there was something after all. I must have been mistaken!"

He grins amiably as the women coo over his rabbit, and catches Polux's eye. Seeing the quarry identified, he briefly considers the 'lost rabbit' gambit as a way of disrupting the meeting, but he wants to get the lay of the land first.

"Ah, Wenet! Once she shows up, no one ever wants to pet me," he offers flirtatiously. "I accept defeat."

Untrained Knowledge Engineering: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Although he's speaking clearly, he swiftly becomes aware that both the architecture and the magical aura of the place are providing soundproofing. That's clever. And it will prove VERY useful later.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Then he suddenly becomes aware of the woman's screams. He looks up, suddenly alert.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Does he think them genuine, or someone involved in 'rough' play?

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

(Harmose's previous roll counts for this.)

Sense Motive DC 20:
Your best guess is that it's someone involved in 'rough' play, but you are not one hundred percent sure.

The ladies clap in unison at Wenet, who seems to be a big success.


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel glances over to Polux on seeing him indicate he has located their quarry. While he could not understand what they were saying he surmised they were not talking about the current heat wave in Wati.

Moving closer to Polux he nods his head almost imperceptibly in agreement and takes a step back towards where Harmose is entertaining the ladies.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

When Harmose glances upwards, a look of confusion passes over his face even as he turns his gaze back to the secluded booth.

Just waiting for the signal here. I would advise we wait until Neb-at is alone before making our move.


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari leads the ladies to the shoppe. "A helping of the special for all of my friends and I. I'll take care of it. Let me pay you now, as I'm afraid we might have to leave in a bit of a hurry," she says with a grin.

This little side trek might be a bit of fun, she thought as she glanced at the scoops of the cool treats, with her tail swishing back and forth excitedly.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Knowledge:Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

Untrained Engineering: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

As Harmose looks up, so does Polux, as he takes note of the subtle shift in the room - "Screams upstairs" - he informs Turel next to him - "And the bouncer is in the way..."

"I'll find a way" - Stepping up from his place, he decides to 'work the room' and try to find out what happens upstairs, and how does one get there.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 <-Not really sure if the Int based 'Information Gathering' from the Investigator actually applies here, though...

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Polux starts to investigate the upstairs situation, exchanging a few words with the bartender and a few more with the security near the stairs. From what he can find out, what happens upstairs is what you'd expect to happen in the side rooms of a brothel, and the only way to get upstairs while inside the establishment would be the stairs that the second security is beside of. (On the outside would be a different matter.) From the few words that Polux exchanges with the security, he feels that the security is used to stuff like this and is committed to making sure the situation isn't intruded upon.

---

Anyone who partakes of the ice cream in the café has a chance to identify an additional component of the ice cream not mentioned on the menu. In addition to the common flavor of olive oil and the acidic sting of a citrus (which variety?), there are some kind of tiny crunchy bits in the dessert as well.

Nature DC 5 for citrus variety:
Lime

Nature DC 10 for crunchy bits:
Tiny ground almond bits


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Inactive

"Olive oil & citrus?" Aleris ponders as the group settle in at the small shop. "That's an interesting combination! But it might be fun to try. Qari, are you sure you're okay with paying for this?" she asks as the scoops are set in front of them.

Kn. Nature (Untrained): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

As the sylph samples a spoonful of the cold treat, her mouth puckers slightly. "Oh! I think this is lime. But I'm not sure what the crunchy things are."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

"Sure, Aleris. If I can't treat my friends to something nice every once in a while, life isn't worth living. I appreciate you all accepting me into the group those few weeks ago. I don't say it often, but I really appreciate all of you."

Untrained knowledge nature 1d20 ⇒ 3


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Untrained Knowledge, Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

After a taste, Kito offers a little of the crunchy bits to Thera.

"أنت الخبير . ما رأيك ، ثيتا ؟"

Osiriani:
You're the expert. What do you think, Thera?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Thrush

Untrained Knowledge, Nature: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 = 7

Thera pecks at the sample and then chirps out a cheerful "طيب المذاق"

Osiriani:
Tasty!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Chuckling, Kito says "Guess I should have expected that!"

Turning to the other ladies, she says "I believe it is almonds. I should have realized that someone" rubbing under Thera's chin "who loved bugs and nuts might not be the most particular about what the exact composition is."


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Her earlier agitation completely vanishing as the group moves out the alley and into the cafe. Offering Qari a broad smile and an enthusiastic, Thank you very much Qari! You are a wonderful person. I have never heard of iced cream

Taking a small lick of her ice cream and practically purring at the taste she stays out of the conversation about what is in it. Far to distracted by the taste to care.


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

As the bouncer seems adamant in his task, Polux shrugs and leans to a wall closeby.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose leans against the bar appreciatively. "Nice sound control! It's not often you see a set up like this." He leans in. "As lovely as your ladies are, I see an old friend here that I'd love to have a private discussion with. Could I rent a room and maybe your discretion for a quiet chat?" Harmose smiles.

Bluff, Secret Message: 1d1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Secret Message:
"How much for you and the bouncers to look the other way for a few minutes?"

"I promise we'll be polite."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

"Room and discretion is what we're all about" the owner answers. The cost is negligible on your wealth scale. You can have a room of your own upstairs and discretion at your leisure. Getting your intended target up there without a hassle, however, might require some maneuvering. At the moment, Neb-At is deep into discussion with whoever his contact is. The faintly heard screaming continues upstairs. The ice cream at the café is pretty good, if you don't have an issue with any of the three flavors. The ladies of the night continue to court Harmose and his companions inside the common room, trying to get any of the four to agree for a romp upstairs in exchange for some negligible cash on your scale. The move is yours.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

The discussion between Neb-At and his contact begins to wind down. He stands up, leaving the booth, and starts to make his way toward the main exit. The ladies continue to try to get Harmose, Ra-Khefer, Turel and Polux's attentions.


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel is focused on the one person who he is truly interested in, leaving the ladies' attentions unanswered. Once Neb-At makes his move he sidles over to Harmose and inclines his head slightly.

This place pulls upon you as the dry sands in the desert...never to release you. I am glad to soon be free of this place.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Ra focused on his bodyguard persona, and did not react to the ladies.


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

Ok, let us move this along - And here we... Go!

Polux moves to intercept their mark, moving alongside him - "Neb-At, is it not?" - he asks casually - "My boss has business he wishes to pursue with you, but it would seem he has gotten... Distracted" - he follows up with a chuckle, and a nod towards Harmose - "Is there any chance I could persuade you to wait for a moment longer? I believe you will find it most rewarding"


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari turns to the other ladies, finishing her iced cream and putting her spoon down. "How long do we want to give the boys? We don't appear to be loiterers anymore, at least. But, knowing the guys, they could easily get themselves in over their head in no time."


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose grins to the owner. "Discretion sounds great. I'd love your discretion for the next five minutes." Then he turns to the ladies. "Ladies I'm feeling generous. I'm purchasing your services for the other fine gentlemen here. I want a major distraction, and I'd like those customers to have a nice time. Can you do that?"

Bluff, Secret Message to Team: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Aleris, Kito:
"Come on in!"

He points out the three other customers but not Neb-At, then lays down the cash for the ladies fees. Then he releases Wenet and shouts, "Wenet, no!" as Wenet runs across the bar and between Neb-At's legs. "Sir, sir! Can you catch my rabbit for me?"

Bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

He runs over, breathless. "Oh, I say! Have we met before? I'd swear that we'd met at one of Meehr's parties. She knows everyone who is anyone here in Wati!"

Harmose is preparing to color spray the dude, but wants the ladies to take the other customers to rooms first if he can.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"It seems that they are ready for us now." Kito says, and then she quickly finishes the last spoonful of her iced treat. Standing, she starts towards the building. "I wonder though, are we ready for what lies within?"


Inactive

"Too late to back out now," Aleris responds as she hurries to catch up with Kito, beckoning Qari and Deseri to follow too. Despite her words, she had to admit that she was beginning to feel cold feet about her part in this little exercise.

How do I do this? I'm not Harmose, I'm not an actor *or* much of a liar...

And I'm not even actually angry about anything! How do I pretend to be angry? I usually don't even get angry very much! When was the last time I was really angry about something?

After a moment, it hits her. She'd been angry when Camus had outed Harmose's feelings toward her to the whole group. And it wasn't that he did it, but the way he'd done it - by acting like a bully. Even though it had turned out to largely be a misunderstanding, it still made her angry to think about it even now.

There's my answer then. Now to try and hold onto it long enough to get this done!

As the four women reach the door to the brothel, Aleris takes a deep breath before pushing the door open with a loud *bang!*

"And here you are. I thought I heard your voice from outside. I guess I shouldn't be surprised to find you here," she says in a steely tone as she locks eyes with Harmose from across the room.

Bluff Check (If Needed): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 No words...

But there's something so oddly comical about the sight that greets her and the whole situation in general that it's all she can do to not burst into laughter instead.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito grabs the door and holds it open as all the ladies make their way inside.

Sense Motive, w/Thera: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 Yay! I noticed something for once!

Wasn't Aleris supposed to act as if she were angry at Harmose?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari shakes her head as the ruse immediately hits a speedbump. She doesn't give up hope just yet, as she fully expected Harmose to be able to carry the performance all by himself.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Quietly following the others and enjoying the pleasant taste in her mouth. Deseri jumps when those doors slam open with a loud bang. So much for anger. Wait where are we? I should have asked Shock is quickly replaced by confusion on her face as she takes in this place. The oddly dressed women. People paired off.

Right anger. I can do that, I think. Growling and pushing though her companions to stand next to Aleris with her arms crossed while leveling a glare at the males of their little tribe. How could you do this to her? I think you broke her!

Bluff get a +4 or a +9 on a believable lie. Samy let me know which one please.: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Yay! Angery Deseri is back. so that is either a 22 or 27 if believable.

Pointing to the laughing woman.This is completely absurd. Look at her! Then Stepping in front of Aleris before letting her glare settle on Harmose. What do you have to say for yourself? And it better be good! I have no idea what it is you think you could find in a rancid place like this.

Int to see if she maybe figures out a little of where they are: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4Nope!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito casts a quick spell before following the other ladies in.

Cast Mage Armor!

Once inside, she looks around -- trying to figure out where Neb-At might be. I'll let them take care of the distraction. Just need to find a weasel trying to sell eggs.

Perception, w/Thera: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Guess not...

Her gaze stops and turns into a puzzled stare at one of the working ladies. What is that she is wearing, and how can it stay in place? Transmutation magic, perhaps? I wonder if they would take unkindly to me detecting magic?

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

The working ladies eagerly take Harmose's money and make certain to provide a convenient distraction to the other patrons -- including the person who had been in the booth with Neb-At previously. Some of them, they take upstairs, some of them they just surround and drown in talk. Either way, you have nothing to be concerned about from the other customers here. The owner and security know well to be neutral and stay out of everything unless it looks like violence is going to break out.

Polux intercepts Neb-At and the crocodile trainer stops, quirking an eyebrow at the interruption, but then Wenet and Harmose join in as well. Neb-At tries to catch Wenet...

Grab: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

...he makes a pretty good grab and might be able to offer Wenet back to Harmose. He glances sideways, noticing that the rest of the common room is occupied, and with eyes slightly narrowed in suspicion, asks, "Is there anything I can help you with, gentlemen?" After that line, the women enter, and Aleris...doesn't do so well, but Deseri succeeds in a believable lie well enough that Neb-At gets the idea. "Lady trouble, I take it?" he asks Harmose. "If you're tired of her, I will certainly be happy to take her off your hands", Neb-At nods towards Deseri, apparently assuming that she's the injured party here. He makes a small curtsey in Deseri's direction and winks at her.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose sighs. "Lady trouble like you would not believe. EVERYONE wants to take them off my hands, but they won't go!"

Seeing the other customers occupied, Harmose nods to the others. It's now or never.

Harmose turns and colorsprays Neb-At.

DC 16 Will Save, Subtract 5 from his hit dice because of Awesome Display to determine how stunned he is. If this doesn't work, we'll have quite the scuffle.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Neb-At is stunned and you can do as you please with him for the moment. The other patrons are either upstairs or in secluded booths or otherwise occupied. The owner and security mind their own business. "He didn't buy anything so he's not one of our customers anyway." Discretion is the watchword. If there's one thing brothel employees know it's not to get involved.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Sucking in a breath as her rage becomes real and refocusing on Neb-At. Opening her mouth to yell at him but Harmose beats her to it. Stalking up to Harmose, her fury clear in her stance. Getting well within his personal space and smacking him in the chest before hissing, Why did you do that? I had words I wanted beat him with!


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"Oof! That was hard!" Harmose rubs his chest where the fiery aasimar hit him. Then he shrugs. “You can beat him and me with words later, Des. Meanwhile...” Harmose nods to the man behind the bar. “Oh no! My friend drunk too much! Let’s take him upstairs where he can recover!” Harmose nods to Turel and the others.

It's time to get to work.

After the others tie the man up, Harmose sits watching Neb-At, waiting with an almost gleeful expression for the man to wake up.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

This will be so much fun.

2,651 to 2,700 of 5,004 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.