Mummy's Mask

Game Master Samy

GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Campaign --- Day 26 --- Google Drive Folder --- Experience --- Treasure --- Relationships --- Maps (Empty Graves)
Panic Level: 13

Party Inits:
[dice=Initiative Aleris]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Deseri]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Harmose]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Kito]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Polux]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Qari]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Ra-Khefer]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Turel]1d20+2[/dice]

[dice=Perception Aleris]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Deseri]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Perception Harmose]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Kito]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Perception Polux]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Perception Qari]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Perception Ra-Khefer]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Perception Turel]1d20+9[/dice]


51 to 100 of 5,004 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Harmose finds out the following:

* The church of Pharasma are essentially the authorities for the quarantined Necropolis. They stand guard at its gates and control who may enter. Mostly, the only people who are allowed to enter are Pharasmin patrols who make sure that there aren't criminals looting the tombs. Occasionally, Pharasmin clergy also venture within for religious purposes, or to chart the layout of the Necropolis, though they have been forbidden from entering any tombs or buildings, so they only have information on the exterior layout of the Necropolis. These previously made charts will serve as the basis for how the church will dole out assignments for adventuring groups today.

* Harmose also finds out that there are ghouls within the Necropolis. This is reported as fact by the Pharasmin official, who either has encountered them herself, or has a reliable source who has done so (it's not entirely clear from the way she puts it). Additionally, there are reports of "haunts". What exactly those are, is not clear. Knowledge (religion) might help there.

* Harmose finds out that in order to register and be eligible for an assignment in the necropolis, at least two things are required. First, you must be a group -- no solo adventurers are accepted. Second, your group must have a name. There may be more requirements, but these are the only two you found out so far.


Female Osirioni Dhampir Cleric/1 (HP 9/9 | AC:14 T:10 FF:14 | CMB:-1 CMD:9 | F:+2 R:+0 W:+5 | Init:+0 | Perc:+5 Darkvision 60ft, Low-light vision | Move:30 | Conc:+5) DK 5/5 HotA 5/5 Channel Energy 6/6
Skills:
Acrobatics +0 Bluff +5 Diplomacy +3 Disguise +3 Heal +2 Intimidate +4 Knowledge (Arcana) -1 (Engineering) +0 (History) +0 (Nobility) +0 (Religion) -1 Perception +5 Sense Motive +2 Spellcraft -1 Survival +2

Regina looks around the room searchingly.

Hmmmmm...now which group shall I join, my pretties? Which one...?

Her eyes come to rest on the party.

I'm kidding of course, my dearies. I think we already have our group, don't we? So that just leaves the name.

Regina and the Pretty-Pretties? (*)

(*) Don't blame me for this. I'm just channeling Regina. :-)

Seriously, nothing springs to mind just yet. Anyone have a good one?


Male Human Daring Champion Cavalier 1/ HP: 7/12

Going to assume Harmose comunicates this information to the party

Camus wakes up early to do his daily training with the sword. After taking a shower he joins the party. He listens carefully at the information gathered.

"Uh interesting so we do need to be on a group.."
Camus scratches his head and sights...
How bothersome well at least im in a group right now... one could say
"So I assume ye all guys are ok with going on the lottery as a group? I believe since we already know each other its much easier for us to cooperate.

Now... I think we need a name, not very sure where to start there..

Int check: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 2 = 16

Camus gets an idea after thinking briefly

"The sand pirates" Says with conviction"Because ye know, everything is better with pirates"

Yeah i said that in character, dont judge me! Now now im not even sure of thats good im terrible for party names >.>


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel looks at Camus at first unsure of whether the other man was joking or not. "The Sand Pirates? I am not sure that is what we should call ourselves. Many of those in the desert do not look kindly on pirates." He shrugs his shoulders and rubs his chin. "I know we need a name but I put little value in that. While I am part of the sand, I do not think it fits us all..." glancing at Aleris meaningfully.

After a moments thought he adds, "We are now bonded as a family and could rightly take our place among my clan. Perhaps we can take the name Fellowship of the Sand?"


Inactive

"A name, hmm..." Aleris muses as she looks around at her new partners. Even though we all seem to be...mostly...human, every one of us is distinct in personality and outlook; a true variety. But everyone also seems ready and eager to get started, the one thing we all have in common..."

From this train of thought, an idea begins to form and take shape. "How about The Medley's Resolve? We all seem to be very different, but we're here for the same purpose," she offers. "I'm not really good at this sort of thing, though," she adds with a shrug.


Female Osirioni Dhampir Cleric/1 (HP 9/9 | AC:14 T:10 FF:14 | CMB:-1 CMD:9 | F:+2 R:+0 W:+5 | Init:+0 | Perc:+5 Darkvision 60ft, Low-light vision | Move:30 | Conc:+5) DK 5/5 HotA 5/5 Channel Energy 6/6
Skills:
Acrobatics +0 Bluff +5 Diplomacy +3 Disguise +3 Heal +2 Intimidate +4 Knowledge (Arcana) -1 (Engineering) +0 (History) +0 (Nobility) +0 (Religion) -1 Perception +5 Sense Motive +2 Spellcraft -1 Survival +2

Hmmm, no offense, dearie, but I think we're more of a Motley Remains.

Regina ponders a moment.

I've been jealous of "Acquisitions Incorporated" for years now.

Don't you find "Discoveries Unlimited" simply marvelous, my darlings?


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose bows to the Pharasma official, and thanks her kindly for her information.

In all that information that I gathered, did I manage to gather her name, Samy?

"Thank you my lady. You have been most helpful indeed!"

He returns to his group with the information he gathered, and shares all of it.

For future reference, Harmose will always share information with the party unless asked by a NPC friend or companion to keep a secret or a confidence.

He returns just in time to hear the name suggestions of the others. "I like Discoveries Unlimited,' he says. "I think each of us is on our own voyage of discovery. I cast a second vote for the name. Do I hear a third?"


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel thinks a moment and then nods slowly. "I would say that is true. I know I am on my own path of discovery so yes I think that name suits us." He looks around the marketplace glancing over the various faces in the crowd. "I cannot imagine Bal Themm not being here on this day. She may be able to tell us more, if she is here."

Turel would share any info he gathered (such as it is) with the party unless he states otherwise.


Male Human Daring Champion Cavalier 1/ HP: 7/12

Camus thinks briefly"Discoveries unlimited...I think that's a fine name, let me cast a third vote for it" Camus says with conviction altought his face looking a little disappointed.

But pirates are cool! :/

Nice name i like it. BTW samy do I get to see my contact around the guests and guards


Inactive

"Discoveries Unlimited has a nice ring to it! Add my vote to the pile," Aleris nods. "May our exploits be many, provided we aren't eaten by the ghouls," she adds, with a rather grim smile. "Harmose, didn't you say that you heard rumors of 'haunts' in the Necropolis too? I want to think that I may have heard of something like that before in my studies..." she frowns, brow furrowed in thought.

Kn. Religion (Haunts?): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"That's five votes for Discoveries Unlimited." Harmose smiles at the remaining lady. "Tuneya, what say you? Do we have a name?"

And let us hope that no other team pronounces our initials as "Duh." Perhaps I should be proactive and suggest "Do" as the sound of our acronym?

___________________________

"Once we agree on a name, we need to get to the business of 1) qualifying for the lottery and 2) finding out more about the dangers that might await us in the necropolis." Harmose paces back and forth in excitement.

"Here are some of the things we need to know," Harmose says, holding up a separate finger for each point.

"ONE. What are ghouls and haunts, and how do we prepare for them? Both Regina and I both heard that there might be ghouls and haunts in the Necropolis, so our chances of encountering them are likely high."

Harmose waits when Aleris says that she might know something of haunts, and smiles encouragingly at her answer.

"TWO. What other terrors are there for which we might need to prepare?

"THREE. Does anyone among us know something of the history of the Necropolis and Wati? We know that it was sealed off by the Church of Pharasma. Presumably, it was to keep all sorts of bad things locked inside a perimeter where they wouldn't devour the populace. What happened to make this place full of undead? And why, after all this time, are they unsealing parts of it now and letting adventurers in?

"FOUR. There's a bunch of other teams in town. We've even seen some at the Tooth and Hookah. What are they up to? Can we learn anything from them?

"FIVE. Do we know all the rules that we need in order to qualify? I think I have some of them, but it would be a good idea to double-check, don't you think?"

Harmose looks at all of you and says, "I'm going to try and find more information on the rules and our competition. But let's all try to find out as much information as we can, shall we?"

___________________________

Harmose talks with a variety of people, hoping to find out more about the criteria to qualify for the lottery, and more about their rival teams.

Diplomacy, Gather Information: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

And just in case... Have I any knowledge of non-undead monsters in the Necropolis that might be found in a Knowledge Arcana check?

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

___________________________

Anyone else got Knowledge Religion, Knowledge Local or Knowledge History? Let's start gathering our information.


Male Human Daring Champion Cavalier 1/ HP: 7/12

"Aight ill try to blend with the crowd in order to do some eyesdropping on the other groups, will follow them and try hear more about their abilites and their plans"

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose gives a thumbs up to Camus's new plan.

"Excellent thinking, Camus!"

And then Harmose suddenly realized that it was. He watched the retreating figure in wonder. A decent plan, and out of Camus.

He looked at his new teammates with pride. We have what it takes! We are going to the Necropolis!

Samy wrote:

Occasionally, Pharasmin clergy also venture within for religious purposes, or to chart the layout of the Necropolis, though they have been forbidden from entering any tombs or buildings, so they only have information on the exterior layout of the Necropolis. These previously made charts will serve as the basis for how the church will dole out assignments for adventuring groups today.

Harmose has another thought. "Does anyone here know someone from one of the patrols that Pharasma sent out? Or better yet, an underpaid clerk in their administration? I think we need to get hold of one of those Necropolis maps if we can."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Osirioni Dhampir Cleric/1 (HP 9/9 | AC:14 T:10 FF:14 | CMB:-1 CMD:9 | F:+2 R:+0 W:+5 | Init:+0 | Perc:+5 Darkvision 60ft, Low-light vision | Move:30 | Conc:+5) DK 5/5 HotA 5/5 Channel Energy 6/6
Skills:
Acrobatics +0 Bluff +5 Diplomacy +3 Disguise +3 Heal +2 Intimidate +4 Knowledge (Arcana) -1 (Engineering) +0 (History) +0 (Nobility) +0 (Religion) -1 Perception +5 Sense Motive +2 Spellcraft -1 Survival +2

Knowledge, Religion: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

Now, what did Father say about the old times?
Knowledge, History: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5

Not much, apparently.

I'll be back in a little while, my lovelies. Try not to miss me too much.

Regina heads off to meet with her "friend", Ekram Iffek, to see if the seedier side of town knows any scuttlebutt.

Diplomacy, Gather Information: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

How few friends I have, and how little I know even of the Necropolis after living my whole life there! A single convoluted route to the city surface, and a scant few merchants willing to treat with the strange little girl from nowhere.

Wishing I had Knowledge Local now...


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Knowledge, History: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
Knowledge, Religion: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14

Turel nods in reply to Harmose's question. "I have talked with a priestess of Pharasma before. Her name is Bal Themm and she has treated me with respect when I first arrived in Wati looking for some...spiritual advice. I think she would help us, if we return the favor."

He keeps a look out for Bal Themm while the others scatter to the far ends of the marketplace, trying to recall any other tidbits he heard from her concerning these 'haunts' and the history of the Necropolis during their previous conversations.


Alchemist/1; AC: 17; HP: 4/7; F: +3, R: +6, W: +1; Init: +4; Perc: +5

Knowledge(engineering): 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 3 = 12
Knowledge(history): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 1 = 12
Knowledge(nobility): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 = 11
Untrained Knowledge(religion): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 1 = 21

Naturally. The knowledge skill she doesn't have is the one she does best in. And to think, all of that time and effort she spent on an education she's not even using...

Tuneya spend at least part of her time trying to recall all that she could, though she was a little distracted; she was still remembering a particularly lovely dream about the time Izora had caught her looking in the baths and had done something about it.

I wonder if there's anything from Egyptian mythology we can use as part of our name?

"I believe we have a name! If we have to use the initials, shall we not say we say it is a reference to the Egyptian realm of the dead? After all, we are the Discoveries Unlimited adventurer team. If anyone asks, we don't go by Discoveries Unlimited Adventurer Team because we're not dead yet." She grins. "Then again, I might just be looking for a reason to show up other teams and make us sound even better."

She then ponders a moment. "I can ask around with one of my contacts. See if there's anything I can find out about the other teams."


Male Human Daring Champion Cavalier 1/ HP: 7/12
Harmose wrote:


"Does anyone here know someone from one of the patrols that Pharasma sent out? Or better yet, an underpaid clerk in their administration? I think we need to get hold of one of those Necropolis maps if we can."

"An acquaintance of mine works at the Pharasma's patrol. I guess I could introduce her you guys or else I may draw some information from her." Will that be a good idea?... Its been quite a long time. . Camus shakes his head.Come on Camus no time for silly toughts right now.

"Yeah Im sure she will be glad to help"Or so I think...


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"Turel and Camus, that sounds perfect! And Tuneya, I'd be most interested in what your contacts have to tell you."

Since everyone else is rolling knowledges untrained, Harmose will do it too. The GM can ignore any rolls where the DC would have been too high to make untrained.

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Yep, the Knowledge Local and Religion rolls are right on target for where Harmose would be with them!

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Commoner 1

*cracks knuckles* Okay, now let's see what all you find out...

Harmose: The official you talked with is named Sabat.

Haunts: Between Aleris' trained knowledge, and anecdotes that Turel and Tuneya have heard untrained, you can determine that haunts are manifestations of dead spirits tied to a specific location. They can cause damage, or inflict spell effects, to people entering a specific location. They can be temporarily deactivated with positive energy damage (channeling or cure spells), and permanently deactivated by finding a way to lay the spirit to rest (which is a unique condition specific to each haunt).

Ghouls: Ghouls are the weakest tier of intelligent (not-mindless) undead. Their claws have a paralyzing effect.

Harmose: You reason that another potential danger in the Necropolis would be construct type monsters, as they would be largely immune to the passage of time, and also would have no life energy which would cause undead to bother them.

Other groups: Harmose does some chatting and information-gathering, while Camus walks around eavesdropping. Some of your competition includes:

* Cryptfinders: A cosmopolitan group with members from all corners of the Inner Sea.

* Daughters of the Desert: An all-female adventuring party following the lead of Sigrun Firehair, a redheaded Ulfen woman from the Lands of the Linnorm Kings far to the north, although the other members are from this continent of Garund.

* Scorched Hand: Devout followers of Nethys dedicated to the pursuit and acquisition of knowledge, led by a Taldan noblewoman (Harmose is not familiar with her, since you were going to ask ;)).

* Dog Soldiers: Composed entirely of halflings and their fighting dogs.

* Four Lanterns: Loud, arrogant and cocksure, a very self-confident group from the nation of Andoran.

* Sand Scorpions: Keep mostly to themselves, quiet and secretive. You can get the least information out of them, but their leader is a mysterious woman called Black Kiss.

Contacts: Camus' contact Kema is nowhere to be seen in this bustle.

Contacts: Turel is able to briefly interact with Bal Themm, but she is extremely busy with all the preparations, and he gets the impression that the amount of adventurers that have shown up is more than the church had prepared for. He does, however -- before she is wrested away to deal with some issue -- manage to talk with her enough to find out that maps of the Necropolis will be provided to each group, so that is not an issue. Turel also gets the impression that the church (or perhaps it's just Bal Themm as an individual) is not very fond of this whole Necropolis-opening thing in general at all.

Contacts: Regina doesn't find out much relevant information from her contact Ekram, but she does find out that criminals do sneak into the Necropolis from time to time, and that there are routes to get in and out without Pharasmin approval. Since you are about to get that approval, though, that should not be necessary at this time, though...

Other qualifications: Essentially, other qualifications to get an assignment all revolve around common-sense stuff like "be careful, don't break stuff, treat everything with respect", and so on. The church is *extremely* concerned about the Necropolis being destroyed or ruined by uncaring, unfaithful foreign explorers.

History: Turel and Harmose know that there was some sort of plague in Wati. Tuneya can elaborate a little bit, that it happened about two thousand years ago and caused Wati (which was old even then) to be almost entirely abandoned. She can also share that the church of Pharasma was largely responsible for reclaiming Wati some hundreds of years later, walling off the Necropolis then, and since then the living part of the city has grown to be much bigger than the Necropolis.

It will be helpful if you indicate, especially with the Knowledge skill, that you are rolling untrained.

Tuneya: Osirian, not Egyptian. :)

Turel: Your sheet still shows -1 in History and Religion, should be +0

Let me know if I missed anyone's question.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

I always try to let GMs know when I am rolling untrained, but I see that I missed doing so on a Sense Motive roll a while back.

GM Samy, in all that information, did we find out how much time we have left before the lottery starts? Do we have time to investigate the other groups further?

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1
Harmose Al-Nefer wrote:
did we find out how much time we have left before the lottery starts? Do we have time to investigate the other groups further?

There's a rumor going around that the sooner you have filled out your registration form, the better pickings you will be assigned. (This may or may not be true, of course.) Have you already filled out your registration forms at the appropriate clerk, or do you want to do more investigation at this point before committing?


Female Osirioni Dhampir Cleric/1 (HP 9/9 | AC:14 T:10 FF:14 | CMB:-1 CMD:9 | F:+2 R:+0 W:+5 | Init:+0 | Perc:+5 Darkvision 60ft, Low-light vision | Move:30 | Conc:+5) DK 5/5 HotA 5/5 Channel Energy 6/6
Skills:
Acrobatics +0 Bluff +5 Diplomacy +3 Disguise +3 Heal +2 Intimidate +4 Knowledge (Arcana) -1 (Engineering) +0 (History) +0 (Nobility) +0 (Religion) -1 Perception +5 Sense Motive +2 Spellcraft -1 Survival +2

Registration would have been the first thing Regina did, but we should get the group application in ASAP. Regina will handle that, darlings.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose nods to Regina. "Excellent! Be sure to let the lovely officials from Pharasma know that our team includes an archaeologist with outstanding credentials."

Then Harmose turns to the rest of the team. "I'd like to find a bit more about some of these teams. Aleris, would you like to approach the daughters of the desert? Tuneya, perhaps you could introduce yourself to the Cryptbreakers. Turel and Camus, perhaps you could try either the Dog Soldiers or the Four Lanterns? I think that I may try to strike up an acquaintance with the toughest and most secretive of the groups... The Sand Scorpions. Any woman who calls herself the Black Kiss is one I have to meet."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

The bustling desert city of Wati is near bursting with excitement. Adventurers from every corner of the Inner Sea region have assembled here beneath the hot Osirian sun to explore the tombs of the city’s necropolis, waiting only to be assigned their first sites for exploration. Surrounding the participants, the public has gathered to observe the ceremony as well. There is a festival-like quality in the air, and numerous street vendors are hawking goods and refreshments to participants and spectators alike. Some merchants have even brought what can only be considered adventuring gear to sell as last minute convenience items to explorers, while others advertise that they’ll buy recovered treasures and antiquities from those who visit their establishments.

In front of the imposing edifice of the Grand Mausoleum, an immense awning has been erected between decorated pillars in the market to provide shade for the priests of Pharasma overseeing the lottery. Beneath the awning, two urns sit atop a table elevated a few feet above the ground on a wooden stage constructed for the event. The high priestess of the Grand Mausoleum, Sebti the Crocodile, sits behind the table, while two acolytes confer with her at either side.

You cannot get an audience with Sebti the Crocodile at this point. An image of her has been added to the player folder.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose looks around for the Black Kiss.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

GM Samy, what does she look like?

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Harmose will have to really do some legwork in order to find the Sand Scorpions, as that group does not seem particularly fond of being anywhere near the center of attention. Finally he finds the group conferring somewhere off to a dark corner, hidden away from the scorching Osirian sun as it climbs ever higher in the sky. They seem to be discussing some item held in one member's hands, but when Harmose approaches, the item is quickly tucked away and the group eyes him suspiciously.

Black Kiss herself is as dark and mysterious looking as her name suggests. Clad in black isn't enough, her hair is pitch black as well, and to top it off, she has heavy makeup in -- you guessed it, black. She appears to be a fairly tall, thin woman.

How does Harmose approach her/them?


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

"I shall try to track down these Andoran Four Lanterns. If they see a poor Garundi simple tribesman, they may elect to not treat us as a serious threat to them." Turel responds. Before Turel heads off to find the Andoran party, he adds "Considering Bal Themm does not like this plan of opening the Necropolis, we must be extra careful during our explorations."

Diplomacy (Gather Info): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14

Fixed his Knowledge skills, Samy.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?
Samy wrote:
How does Harmose approach her/them?

With finesse, GM Samy. How else? I'm going to let them approach me.

As soon as he spots the group, and before they spot him, Harmose pulls a rabbit out of his sleeve.

That's one advantage of these dreadful bedsheets. Easier access.

He whispers, "Wenet, I need you to be very, very charming for me, and completely harmless. Do you understand?"

He lets the rabbit go. The little brown rabbit slips into the group, and then looks up at the Black Kiss with its enormous dark eyes and cute twitchy nose.

Meanwhile, Harmose starts looking around in a panic, calling out, "Wenet, Wenet! Where have you gone off to this time?"

Untrained Bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Harmose approaches not the group itself, but a number of strangers in the crowd in direct view of the Sand Scorpions. "Has anyone seen my rabbit?"


Inactive

Slightly earlier...

"Okay, I'll go see what I can learn," Aleris replies. With that, she turns and disappears into the throng of people. A redheaded Ulfen woman...they're usually tall....shouldn't be too hard to pick her out of a crowd...

Present...

Once Aleris finally spots the redheaded woman and her group, she approaches them with a friendly, "Hello there! You're the Daughters of the Desert, right? I'm Aleris Somciel, from the group Discoveries Unlimited. I thought I would kill some time before the lottery gets underway and go introduce myself to some of the other participants. Hoping to strike it rich in the tombs or are you all here in a more academic capacity?"

Diplomacy (Gather Info?): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Alchemist/1; AC: 17; HP: 4/7; F: +3, R: +6, W: +1; Init: +4; Perc: +5

Oops! Used wrong name...

Untrained Diplomacy to gather information: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Tuneya nods, then heads off to speak to her contact first, just to find out what Terhk would be willing to tell her about each group and, possibly, the location of the Cryptfinders.

If she finds out where the Cryptfinders are.

Untrained Diplomacy to persuade: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Tuneya chooses to head straight for the group, smiling as she approaches them. "Hi, I'm archaeologist Tuneya Fahardid from Sothis. I understand that you are seeking to explore some ruins? I would love it if you gave a moment of your time so you could talk with me. I am looking for some information on those willing to explore tombs and was hoping you would be willing to share information."

If she does not find out where they are.

Tuneya asks Terhk and a couple other shopkeepers to spread the word that she is an archaeologist looking for the Cryptfinders and will be waiting for them in front of the Grand Mausoleum, then heads that direction to wait on them.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Do they approach Harmose?

If they do:
Harmose thanks them profusely and orders iced lassis (or whatever cool drink is being offered by the local vendors) for them. And he sits down with them so that they can all finish their drinks together.

"Thank you for reuniting me with my Wenet. Her name means, "swift one" and today she lived up to that."

Wenet bumps her head against the hand of the Black Kiss, hinting to be petted. Harmose scoops her up. "Sorry. She's a terrible flirt, but I can see she likes you."

"Oh! Where are my manners? I'm Harmose. I'm here with Discoveries Unlimited to explore the Necropolis. What about you?"

If they do not:
Harmose suddenly "spots" his rabbit from across the way.

"Wenet!"

He waves at the group. "I'm sorry to bother you, but I think that may be my rabbit! Can you help me catch her?"

He then proceeds with the plan laid out in the previous spoiler.

The most important part of this plan is psychology. If Harmose gets them to offer to help him find his rabbit, they will be more likely to accept other contact. Generally speaking, the most difficult "yes" in any conversation is the very first one. Political campaigns use this strategy all the time, asking for a tiny commitment, and then following up with more detailed requests.

Diplomacy to Gather Information: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Aleris chats up the Daughters of the Desert for a while, and finds the group's leader, Sigrun Firehair, to be a quite friendly individual. "It's a pleasure to meet one from our fellow groups -- it looks like all of us assembled here face a monumental task ahead of us!" she smiles while shaking Aleris' hand, the firm grip of a northern warrior. "I suppose we have different reasons -- I know one of my friends feels like this is a holy crusade", she places a hand onto the shoulder of a Garundi-looking man wearing the vestments of a cleric of Iomedae. "But as for myself, I am hoping to find *stories* within -- the sort of magical tales that would enrapture my kin in the gilded festhalls far to the north." The sylph chats with the group for a while, but with that roll, alas, she does not find out much more than this. Aleris does not get a feeling for the group's general alignment.

Tuneya fares better with the Cryptfinders. Their leader Falto, a well dressed gentleman from the world's biggest city Absalom, takes a liking to her and tries to get in her good graces. "My dear lady, are you entirely dedicated to your existing group? For we could always use someone as undoubtedly skilled as you are -- not to mention so incredibly beautiful", at which some of the other Cryptfinders roll their eyes. Spending some time with them, Tuneya finds out that in addition to the worldly gentleman from the metropolis, the group includes a Chelish cavalier, a Nexian summoner and a Qadiran cleric of Sarenrae. "We're sure that this will be a grand adventure", Falto mimics some swashbuckling sword thrust and parries, "And who better to share such a great adventure with than the very best of friends!" While Tuneya gets along well with the Cryptfinders, it becomes obvious that they are not privy to any sort of additional information about the lottery or the Necropolis. Tuneya finds out that the Cryptfinders' general alignment is True Neutral.

As for Harmose, one of the members of the Sand Scorpions -- not Black Kiss herself, but a short, thin blond man -- seems to take a liking to Wenet, lifting the rabbit up when Black Kiss herself takes a few steps back, not appearing receptive. When he hears Harmose's calls for the rabbit, he heads over to bring the rabbit over, despite a slight glower from Black Kiss and another member of the group. "What a cutie", he smiles as he returns the rabbit to Harmose. After a brief interaction it seems that the blond man, named as normally as just plain 'Robert', seems to be the only outgoing member of the Sand Scorpions. Pumping some information, Harmose finds out that Black Kiss herself is an alchemist, while the rest of the group consists of three rogues, including Robert, and one magus. The general alignment of the group is Neutral Evil, with Robert tending towards Lawful. "May I offer her a carrot?" Robert asks, pulling one from his belt pouch, while the others behind him are an oppressive presence. "We really should be going", Black Kiss says like a dark cloud were looming over her. Though the interaction Harmose has with this group is brief, he gets a good feel for what they are like, and he feels fairly confident that they do not possess any useful secrets regarding the lottery or the Necropolis. They're just asses.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

After a while, there are some calls for silence by criers around the market.

The ceremony begins when the high priestess of the Grand Mausoleum, Sebti the Crocodile, rises to her feet and looks over the crowd. Sebti seems surprisingly young to hold such a distinguished position, but she has a confident air of authority. After calling for silence, she begins with an invocation to the Lady of Graves, followed by a brief history of the founding of the necropolis:

To give you an impression of the timeline, the current year is 4715 AR (Absalom Reckoning).

"More than six thousand years ago, the great Pharaoh Djederet II ordered the construction of a grand city to mark the birthplace of Osirion’s greatest natural resource: the River Sphinx, springing from the confluence of the Asp and the Crook rivers. With its early foundations magically laid by the church of Nethys, the city sprang to life within just a year."

"But Wati’s destiny was forever warped four thousand years later, in 2499 AR, when the Plague of Madness was unleashed among the city’s thriving populace. Many of those whom the fever did not immediately kill were driven to murderous insanity, and within months, most of the city had fallen in painful, anguished death. Only a few remained, some would say hardy, some would say steadfast...some would say stubborn." At that point, the high priestess casts a glance at an official-looking man standing off to the side. Trained Knowledge (local) required to identify.

"It took almost half a millennium for Wati’s fortunes to reverse, when the Pharasmin priest Nefru Shepses marched on Wati in 2953 AR. He brought a small army of alchemists, masons, and morticians under his banner, intent on consecrating the entire city to the Lady of Graves, beginning with a new, monumental temple to Pharasma called the Grand Mausoleum. THIS BUILDING STILL STANDS", Sebti motions to the massive temple behind her.

"Over the next 30 years, Nefru Shepses and his followers recovered the bodies of those slaughtered in the Plague of Madness from their hasty, makeshift graves and the Pharasmins walled off that portion of the city that had been abandoned, transforming it into a metropolis of makeshift tombs. Thousands of corpses were given formal burial rites and reinterred in this dead copy of the living city, which continues to serve as Wati’s necropolis today."

Then a bit of additional religious blah blah, and then Sebti closes with:

"Let the lottery begin! Although many of you have requested specific sites to explore, we must leave these matters to fate. The Lady of Graves is a far better judge of destiny than we of this mortal sphere. The gates of the necropolis will open at sunrise tomorrow. Use this evening to prepare yourselves for the task ahead. Let these rules guide you in your endeavors in this holy place: remember how this came to pass, every slave’s hut is a memorial, and honor the departed. May you go with the Lady’s blessing."

The 'Three Rules' are perhaps a bit cryptic, and Knowledge (history) or Knowledge (religion) might help open up the reasoning and the intent behind them.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Thank you, GM Samy! That was great!

Harmose enjoys his talk with Robert. "Wenet is an absolute glutton for carrots, especially the leafy tops. If you want, just pull the greens off and you can keep the rest for your lunch!"

Because Robert is cute and sort of sweet, Harmose does check him out. Does he trip Harmose's gaydar?

Untrained Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Alas, on that roll, I'd only notice if Robert were blatant about it.

"Thanks for helping return Wenet. She really likes you! If you'd like, you can visit with her again sometime. I'm staying at the Tooth and Hookah, where they have the best lemon lentil soup in Wati."

Harmose waves as Robert leaves with his group. He was really nice. Too bad he's working with a bunch of jerks.

______________________

PS Did Turel get anything from his interaction with the Four Lanterns?


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?
GM Samy wrote:
The 'Three Rules' are perhaps a bit cryptic, and Knowledge (history) or Knowledge (religion) might help open up the reasoning and the intent behind them.

Wow, another great second post!

Harmose ponders 'The Three Rules' and their significance.

Can we make those rolls untrained? If so...

Untrained Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Untrained Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

However, nothing comes to Harmose's mind on this matter.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Whoops, missed Turel. Thanks! And no, Robert is not blatant about it. ;)

As for the Four Lanterns, Turel does find them, and soon finds out that his cautiousness may have been a little excessive. Meaning, as he shares some time with the Andoren group, it soon becomes clear that they don't seem to treat *anything* as a serious threat to them. "Come, join us, shepherd!" they laugh, clanging together mugs of ale that they have bought from a nearby stall, already drinking in these morning hours. "Tell us great tales of your Osirian sheep! I'm sure you have wonderful stories!" They all laugh, and drink some more. "Prepare for an era of prosperity! Once we haul back three tons of golden relics, this little city will see an economic boom the likes of which it has never seen! Soon, you will be able to buy a new pair of pants! And all thanks to us, the Four Lanterns!" They laugh and drink some more, and don't really ask Turel any questions. They have enough to say about themselves. Turel does not find out the group's general alignment, but does find out that the group is well balanced with a warrior, a holy person, an arcane practitioner, and a skilled individual.


Male Human Daring Champion Cavalier 1/ HP: 7/12

Earlier Camus went to check on the little guys. while not really sure what to expect. In Camus mind he thinks on a bunch of puppies and kids.
"Not really sure how I always get the weirdos"
Camus tries to fake a smile and be courteous albeit with difficulty.
___________________________________________________________________

Later that day...

"Ye know I almost didnt understood anything about what the priestess said but here is my opinion on it"

Camus caughs a little

"remember how this came to pass, maybe means dont get insane yeah, be practical, let that realigious s!%$he go"
"every slave’s hut is a memorial, i suppouse its that we should respect the ruin, every man is a slave of his passions and so were those damn pharaos"
"and honor the departed, I guess it means we should be weary of dead things... not that I care much about them tough."

Camus closes his eyes and frowns, thinking. His face troubled.

"Ye know I probably those rules aint that important anyway"

Sry for the delayed post had to visit grandma yesterday so I was really busy. trying to catch up now!


Alchemist/1; AC: 17; HP: 4/7; F: +3, R: +6, W: +1; Init: +4; Perc: +5

Knowledge(history): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 = 25
Knowledge(local): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 = 10
Untrained Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Tuneya smiles as she talks with the Cryptfinders. "I am. But, I'm an archaeologist by trade; if you discover something and need it identified, don't be afraid to ask me. There may be money to be made and competition to be had, but there's tombs plenty and no reason not to share knowledge of the past. Besides, we may end up needing to rely on each other at some point."

She is glad to find out that the group does not know more than her own does; she silently counts it as an edge to her own group to have an archaeologist as part of the team. But at the same time, it was no reason to not try to make friends.

Once she hears the announcement, she ponders both who the guy is and the importance of those three rules, making a mental note to share her knowledge with her group. She silently admits to herself that her newness may leave her not knowledgeable enough to identify the person.


Female Osirioni Dhampir Cleric/1 (HP 9/9 | AC:14 T:10 FF:14 | CMB:-1 CMD:9 | F:+2 R:+0 W:+5 | Init:+0 | Perc:+5 Darkvision 60ft, Low-light vision | Move:30 | Conc:+5) DK 5/5 HotA 5/5 Channel Energy 6/6
Skills:
Acrobatics +0 Bluff +5 Diplomacy +3 Disguise +3 Heal +2 Intimidate +4 Knowledge (Arcana) -1 (Engineering) +0 (History) +0 (Nobility) +0 (Religion) -1 Perception +5 Sense Motive +2 Spellcraft -1 Survival +2

Knowledge, History: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
Knowledge, Religion: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Regina was too sheltered to learn anything about the Three Rules. Probably just as well, considering her intended career path. #3 is almost surely going to take a beating.

Yes, very nice posts, Samy. Good information, presented with style.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Tuneya: The official-looking man is probably a member of one of the local noble families, but you can't say who exactly.

Tuneya can pretty much dissect the 'Three Rules':

Remember How This Came to Pass: The Plague of Madness was unleashed upon the city of Wati while religious authorities were engaged in infighting. This rule is a reminder that the necropolis remains a holy place, and those who engage in needless conflict and banditry are not only criminals, but accursed.

Every Slave’s Hut Is a Memorial: Every structure within the necropolis is a testament to the people who lived and died in the city. Explorers must not desecrate or vandalize standing structures and tombs, but preserve them as the memorials they were intended to be. Some structures may be trapped or decrepit, but willful and unnecessary destruction will not be tolerated.

Honor the Departed: The dead should be treated with dignity and respect. If the interred need to be disturbed to recover an antiquity or relic, they should be returned to their resting places carefully. It is understood that the ancient dead are often brittle, but there is no need for the contents of a sarcophagus to be summarily dumped on the ground. This rule does not apply to the undead or other abominations.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel shakes his head as he recounts his experience with the Four Lanterns. "I would consider banning them from entering the Necropolis, if I was able! They only seek to plunder the fabled riches of the tombs for their own enrichment!" He finishes a little vehemently. "They will be trouble, I fear."

After the high priestess gives her presentation, he ponders the Three Rules as well.

Knowledge, Religion/History: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8

Fortunately Tuneya bails him out.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

After Sebti returns to her seat, two acolytes bring over two urns to the table that is front and center at the top of the Grand Mausoleum's steps. When the registration forms were handed in, the group member who delivered them -- I assume it was Regina, as she stated something to that effect, unless stated otherwise -- received a painted clay token.

"We will now begin the lottery", one of the acolytes calls out in a loud, carrying voice, over the din. "We will pull out one token from this urn. If your token matches it, then send one member -- and only one -- of your group up the stairs with the token, and you will receive your assignment from the other urn. This process is completely subject to the dictates of fate alone, as Pharasma be my witness."

After allowing for the din to subside a little bit, the acolyte reaches into the urn, and pulls out a small, coin-sized painted clay token. "Let the group that has the -- CROCODILE token --" the acolyte pauses briefly, an instinctive glance given in Sebti's direction, as the token matches the priestess' nickname, before the acolyte returns to his work. "Let the crocodile token approach!"

"YES! Haha, I knew it!" one of the Four Lanterns shouts out, and holds the crocodile token high, showing it to everyone nearby. He does a little victory jig. "In your face! The Four Lanterns are number one! Everyone else is second place, or less!" The man strides up the steps in heavy chainmail, making metally jangling noises, and once he reaches the top, he does another jig. "Whoop! First in, we win!"

With a barely perceptible sigh and roll of his eyes (Perception DC 20 to notice from your location), the acolyte then moves to the second urn on the table. "Each exploration site has similarly been given a symbol. Now, these, ah -- worthies -- will be given their assignment by Pharasma's hand of fate itself. May it be..." He pauses for a moment there. "...worthy of them." He pulls out a token, and announces it. "The flower token!" the acolyte calls out, and the crowd laughs a little, while the Lantern doesn't quite seem to get it, nor do you, necessarily.

"Consulting this map" the acolyte says, motioning to a large painted map of the Necropolis on a whole sheepskin suspended between two pillars of the Mausoleum, "we see that the flower token corresponds to site 34. Brother Callas will give you further information", the acolyte gestures the Lantern towards the other acolyte who is waiting off to the side with smaller parchment maps and other information.

The token your group has received is the hawk token.

After the representative for the Four Lanterns has received his materials and instructions, he walks down the stairs to rejoin his group. The acolyte then starts the process over, by going to the first urn, the one with the group tokens, and pulls out an elephant token. This one is claimed by the Daughters of the Desert, and Sigrun Firehair, her red hair streaming behind her, strides up the steps to receive her group's assignment.

After that, the third token is the star token, and the group that claims it is unknown to you. From the crowd assembled, you would guess that there are literally dozens of adventuring groups, so it would be all but impossible to know them all.


Inactive

Though she wasn't able to really learn much from or about the Daughters of the Desert, Aleris leaves the conversation in relatively good spirits. They seemed like good people, so hopefully there will be another chance to talk later...and it was nice speaking to someone else that stands out like I do!

After Sebti makes her introductory speech, the sylph woman listens quietly as Tuneya offers some clarification on the 'Three Rules'. "That's...I never knew this city had such a tragic time in its past. It certainly puts this whole thing in a different light, doesn't it? We'll have to be careful about what we do while we're in the Necropolis," she murmurs, her expression rather serious for a change.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

"Well, they're certainly confident in themselves aren't they?" Aleris comments at the behavior of the Four Lanterns representative. "Considering the rumors we've heard about the dangers of the Necropolis, I hope they've got the skill to back up their words." Her expression brightens as the Daughters of the Desert are next to receive their assignment. "Does it make me a traitor to hope that they got a good site? From what little I spoke to them, they all seem likeable enough. Hopefully we'll be able to talk more later."


Female Osirioni Dhampir Cleric/1 (HP 9/9 | AC:14 T:10 FF:14 | CMB:-1 CMD:9 | F:+2 R:+0 W:+5 | Init:+0 | Perc:+5 Darkvision 60ft, Low-light vision | Move:30 | Conc:+5) DK 5/5 HotA 5/5 Channel Energy 6/6
Skills:
Acrobatics +0 Bluff +5 Diplomacy +3 Disguise +3 Heal +2 Intimidate +4 Knowledge (Arcana) -1 (Engineering) +0 (History) +0 (Nobility) +0 (Religion) -1 Perception +5 Sense Motive +2 Spellcraft -1 Survival +2

Perception DC20: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Don't worry, my pretties, I'm sure we'll get a spot.


Alchemist/1; AC: 17; HP: 4/7; F: +3, R: +6, W: +1; Init: +4; Perc: +5

Tuneya wandered back to the group and informed them of what she knew, then smiled to the drawing.

"The flower bunch wins." She is personally amused, but for entirely different reasons as the rest of the crowd. "I wonder if, maybe, fate was not punishing them for their little display..."

She looks to the rest of her group. "I did try to become friendly with another group. I figured having another group willing to consider us as not hostile may work out. Just in case we ended up working together for some reason."


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Perception DC 20: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

"I don't wish ill upon any group but..." Turel replies to Aleris, clearly still irritated by the arrogant Andorans. "They need to be humbled. I wonder whether this Flower site will be their undoing!" Due to his emotional outbreak, he missed the significance of the site selected by them. "At least not all these groups are plagued by such arrogance."

He nods in reply to Tuneya. "I suspect you may be right. Depending on how close these sites are to one another, we might need to come to the aid or otherwise assist another group."


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose blinks as he sees the symbol that Regina is holding. Can it be?

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 It is! It is!

Harmose looks up, eyes bright, and raises Regina's hand -- the one that was holding the hawk token. With Regina, he holds the token aloft so the whole group can see it.

"The token we received... It's a sign. Nekheny, the hawk! That is one of the names of the ancient God Horus, the Lord of the Sky. This hawk is his sacred symbol." To any colleagues that may look confused at this point, Harmose says, "Horus is the god that led me back from the land of the dead to the world of the living. My parents dedicated me to him."

Harmose's eyes mist over, and his hand closes over Regina's so that they are both clutching the token. He feels the warmth of her skin against his, and cool feeling of the clay token being held between them. Then he kisses Regina's hand, and lets it go.

"Not only are we going to get a site, but it will be a good one. I can feel Horus's hand in this. His immortal eye is watching us, and will guide us to the right place!"


Male Human Daring Champion Cavalier 1/ HP: 7/12

"Great. A god of death, that does seem promising"Camus says with a mild sarcastic tone while rolling his eyes.

Camus the scratches his head while having his eyes closed, he sights.

"Im not particulary fond of imaginary friends but whatever makes you feel better is ok"

Camus takes the token, examines it, smells it and chews it a little.

"I wonder what this will be worth on the black market..." Camus say with a grin.

Then he notices he is between Harmose and regina

"Sorry I didn't meant to interrup your honeymoon" again with a grin


Female Osirioni Dhampir Cleric/1 (HP 9/9 | AC:14 T:10 FF:14 | CMB:-1 CMD:9 | F:+2 R:+0 W:+5 | Init:+0 | Perc:+5 Darkvision 60ft, Low-light vision | Move:30 | Conc:+5) DK 5/5 HotA 5/5 Channel Energy 6/6
Skills:
Acrobatics +0 Bluff +5 Diplomacy +3 Disguise +3 Heal +2 Intimidate +4 Knowledge (Arcana) -1 (Engineering) +0 (History) +0 (Nobility) +0 (Religion) -1 Perception +5 Sense Motive +2 Spellcraft -1 Survival +2

Regina glances up to the sky, puzzled.

I've always thought of this phase as "reaping sickle", Camus darling. She looks again.

I don't see the honey aspect.

Edit: not looking out any more nonexistent windows.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose retrieves the token, prestidigitates it clean, and then examines it for bite marks. It looks mostly clean, except from a small dent on the side.

"Did you have to chew it?" he said, irritably. "Need I remind you that this is our ticket in to the Necropolis?"

Imaginary friends! Harmose seethed. Death gods! What did I see in Camus, again?

Harmose pulled himself short.

Getting mad at Camus is like kicking a puppy for drooling on the furniture. Completely pointless.

With a great effort at mastering himself, Harmose says, "Horus is the ancient lord of the sky who fought to free the Osiriani people from terrors of the invading desert. He's not a 'death' god. However, he died and came back to tell the tale."

Just like me.

"You don't have to share my beliefs. But please... could you show a little respect for them?"

Edit: Also removed comment about nonexistent windows.

51 to 100 of 5,004 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.