DM Khel's Tapestry's Toil (Inactive)

Game Master Khelreddin


1 to 50 of 323 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

| DM | Absalom Initiation

Here you will toil in the Tapestry.

Silver Crusade

M Aasimar Monk/6 - HP 52/52 - AC 23 (touch 19, flat 20) - Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +7 - Init +2 - Perception +12 - Ki 8/8

Reporting back to Absalom.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Ifrit Sorceror 9 | hp 64/52 NL: 0 | AC15 T14 F12 mage armor: AC18 T14 F15 | Fort +10 Ref +10 Will +9 | Init +3 | Perc -1 (Dark 60'), SM -1 | Spells Lvl 1 3/9, Lvl 2 0/8, Lvl 3 1/8, Lvl 4 4/6 | Elemental Ray 12/12, +7/1d6+5 | Elemental Blast 0/1, 9d6 Fire + vuln., 20ft burst, DC 23 Ref. halves/negates | Active spells: fly, mage armor, false life (+12hp), see invis | Active conditions:

"Well well, if it ain't the shiny monk himself! Long time no see, Osty!"

Sard reporting in.

Grand Lodge

Female NG Half-Orc Druid 7 | HP: 55/55 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 23 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 (+1 vs enchantment, +4 vs fey, plants) | Init: +4 | P: 12, SM: 3 | | Speed 20ft | Wildshapes: 2/2 | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/3, 4th 1/1 | Active conditions: Longstrider./

"Well that was a rough couple of missions! First flying goblins, then drow! Hopefully, this will be a much quieter mission; I don't think the stress is good for Dewberry."

I'll have to get Lis's character information uploaded tomorrow.


| DM | Absalom Initiation

Aram Zey stands in a narrow, basement hallway in the Grand Lodge, not deigning to acknowledge the Pathfinders as they arrive to meet him in this peculiar spot. He casts a quick, disdainful glance at each of them, one eyebrow rising in disdain as he realizes only three have arrived so far. With just the slightest hint of a double-take, his gaze returns to Ostendiel and both eyebrows rise up, despite the man's obvious effort to beat them into submission.

With a sigh, Zey turns away, to study the dull patterns of the stone blocks that make up the wall of the hallway, which clearly hold more interest for him than the agents he's about to send into danger.

Silver Crusade

M Aasimar Monk/6 - HP 52/52 - AC 23 (touch 19, flat 20) - Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +7 - Init +2 - Perception +12 - Ki 8/8

Ostendiel maintains a neutral expression.

Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

He struggles to look Zey in the eye, however, and eventually lowers his vision.

Grand Lodge

Dwarf PFS 15998-5 Oracle of the Dark Tapestry 5 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | HP 36/36 | F +2* R +1* W +4* | Init +4 | Perc +5*

dot - will post after dropping kids at camp.


| DM | Absalom Initiation

As Tarn arrives, the Pathfinder Society’s Master of Spells turns to the plain door before him and opens it, still not having spoken a word. The door leads into a cramped, stuffy room, where the Hao Jin Tapestry hangs on the wall. The tattered piece of fabric, five feet wide and seven feet long, looks more like a worn tablecloth than a storied artifact. Aram Zey stands before the tapestry, his arms folded across his chest, and begins to speak.

“As you all surely know, the Society labors at some cost to assemble a dwarven relic known as the Sky Key.” The Master of Spells produces an intricately sculpted piece of metal decorated with fluid carvings. A sudden flash of excitement fills his weary eyes. “The object I hold in my hands is one of five pieces of that curiosity. The pieces that the Society has obtained so far share the same luster and artistic sensibilities, but have different shapes and functions within the assembled artifact. Today, hopefully, you will retrieve another piece. Previous missions lead us to believe that a fragment of the Sky Key lies within the tapestry, in the company of a dwarven clan that left Golarion for Hao Jin’s realm some time ago. Your task is to enter the tapestry and make contact with these dwarves, discern what they know about the Sky Key, and negotiate for their piece, should they still have it.”

The taciturn sage produces a hexagonal beard clasp of thick, polished metal. “Pathfinder agents retrieved this beard clasp from one of the sites that we suspected of holding the Sky Key fragment. It belonged to an ancestor of the dwarves who live in the tapestry, and it may assist you in your negotiations. Return it to me if it does not gain you the fragment you seek. We hold no particular ire for the dwarves. Retrieve the Sky Key fragment if possible, but try not to murder anyone.”

Aram Zey adds grudgingly, “Does anyone have any questions before I send you into tapestry?” His glance rests on Ostendiel a long moment before he adds, ”Does everyone plan to stay in the tapestry and make an effort to complete the mission?”

Silver Crusade

M Aasimar Monk/6 - HP 52/52 - AC 23 (touch 19, flat 20) - Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +7 - Init +2 - Perception +12 - Ki 8/8

"I will do everything within my power to stay in the tapestry and complete the mission," Ostendiel says, keeping a level voice.

"I do have one question. Our entrance point to the tapestry: how close is it to where the dwarven clan is, and how do we find the location of the clan from the entrance point?"

Grand Lodge

Female NG Half-Orc Druid 7 | HP: 55/55 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 23 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 (+1 vs enchantment, +4 vs fey, plants) | Init: +4 | P: 12, SM: 3 | | Speed 20ft | Wildshapes: 2/2 | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/3, 4th 1/1 | Active conditions: Longstrider./

The druid has wildflowers braided into her long red hair and colorful ribbons decorating her dragonhide armor: obvious attempts to soften the appearance of this very large and muscular half-orc. It is not as effective as she wants it to be.

On her shoulder rests a very self-satisfied toad, Amanita, nicknamed "Boss Toad" by some goblins. Next to her, dogging her heels, is a very large constrictor snake, Dewberry. Lisianthus has made her a collar from wildflowers, but it does little to distract most people from the large fangs, powerful muscles, and razor-sharp scales.

"Oh, how exciting! I've never been in the tapestry before; the wildlife in there must be fascinating! What types of creatures might we run into?"

Dewberry is a large constrictor snake companion. Amanita is a toad from the Free RPG Day boon last year, and isn't a "real" animal (i.e. can't be injured, takes no actions). She's only likely to become relevant if we run into any goblins.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Ifrit Sorceror 9 | hp 64/52 NL: 0 | AC15 T14 F12 mage armor: AC18 T14 F15 | Fort +10 Ref +10 Will +9 | Init +3 | Perc -1 (Dark 60'), SM -1 | Spells Lvl 1 3/9, Lvl 2 0/8, Lvl 3 1/8, Lvl 4 4/6 | Elemental Ray 12/12, +7/1d6+5 | Elemental Blast 0/1, 9d6 Fire + vuln., 20ft burst, DC 23 Ref. halves/negates | Active spells: fly, mage armor, false life (+12hp), see invis | Active conditions:

"You say we hold no particular ire toward the dwarves. Any reason to think they'll feel the same toward us? Has the society had any contact with them yet?"


| DM | Absalom Initiation

"You should enter the tapestry very close to the village of the dwarven clan," Zey responds dismissively, "and you can just proceed to the village. As to what kind of creatures, well, Hao Jin swept bits of lands from all over Golarion, and perhaps elsewhere, into the tapestry when she created it, so be prepared for anything."

He gives Sard's question just an instant more thought than the others' before shrugging and saying, "We've had no contact, but I have no reason to expect them to bear you any ill will." With a wave of his hand, he adds airily, "And you have a dwarf among your company, I'm sure they'll like you just fine."

"No more questions, then? Do you need to make any purchases before you go or can we get this mission under way?"

Grand Lodge

Female NG Half-Orc Druid 7 | HP: 55/55 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 23 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 (+1 vs enchantment, +4 vs fey, plants) | Init: +4 | P: 12, SM: 3 | | Speed 20ft | Wildshapes: 2/2 | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/3, 4th 1/1 | Active conditions: Longstrider./

"We are Pathfinders! Of course, we are ready to go!"


| DM | Absalom Initiation

Going to get us into the tapestry before I get on a plane today. If there are purchases you want to make before you go in, just note it in your next post, same with any additional questions you had for Zey.

When the Pathfinder team declares themselves ready to depart, the Master of Spells teaches you a command word and instructs you to place your fingers one at a time on a specific spot in the tapestry, asking Ostendiel to go first, just in case he decides to return promptly. The monk bravely places his finger on the spot and utters the command word, only the slightest quaver in his voice. The others follow suit, with Lis and her menagerie transported last, and the party is whisked away into the storied Hao Jin Tapestry!

The hot, humid air announces an abrupt change in the local scenery and clime. A large earthen hill fades into view, surrounded on each side by hills covered in vines, grass, and stands of jungle trees. In one direction, mountains rise until they meet a haze of thick clouds. In the other direction, the deep blue sky is barely visible through an expanse of thick jungle. Just ahead lies a small village, its dirt streets empty and its stone buildings overrun with vegetation. The assembled Pathfinders, with more than a few missions in their chronicles, are shocked to discover that the situation within the tapestry is not quite what was described in the briefing.

Perception, DC 25:
You notice recent signs of looting of the ruined village —uncovered graves, defaced murals, and newly-exposed rubble.

Map is linked by my avatar.

Grand Lodge

Dwarf PFS 15998-5 Oracle of the Dark Tapestry 5 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | HP 36/36 | F +2* R +1* W +4* | Init +4 | Perc +5*

Tarn listens silently to Aram Zey blather on about his pointless goals, and then sighs mightily. "Vera well, we'll talk to another group of dwarves and convince them to part with a relic of their history to satisfy your curiosity about wha' will happen when you stick it all together. I'm ready to go."

--- Later, when we arrive at the vilage...

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

"Oh, this place looks inviting! So much for a nice tavern stop a'fore we head into tha mountains," Tarn mutters to no one in particular. "Looks like Zey still needs practice with his aim, using this tapestry."

Tarn loads his crossbow and looks around, his gaze setting on the <something> to the southwest. "Wha's tha', then?" he asks, pointing at the whatever-it-is.

Silver Crusade

M Aasimar Monk/6 - HP 52/52 - AC 23 (touch 19, flat 20) - Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +7 - Init +2 - Perception +12 - Ki 8/8

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

"Things are not going as expected; that is to be expected. That is why experienced Pathfinder agents such as ourselves are sent on these missions."

As they reach the ruins of the village, he says, "The ruins look old, but they have been disturbed recently. Some of the rubble has recently been exposed, graves have been dug up, and some of the remnants of the murals have been defaced recently."

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female NG Half-Orc Druid 7 | HP: 55/55 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 23 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 (+1 vs enchantment, +4 vs fey, plants) | Init: +4 | P: 12, SM: 3 | | Speed 20ft | Wildshapes: 2/2 | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/3, 4th 1/1 | Active conditions: Longstrider./

After they pass through the tapestry, Lisianthus taps both herself and Dewberry with a wand of longstrider. She also hands another wand to Sard. "Would you mind terribly casting this on Dewberry? It's just some magical armor. I tried to get her fitted for barding, but the silly dear just kept crawling out of it. Probably just as well; I'm hearing the other druids grumbling about the price of barding these days."

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

As they approach the village, Lisianthus's face falls as she sees the destruction. Oh my goodness. What terrible thing has happened here?


F constrictor snake [ HP 45/45 (0 NL) | AC 27 Tch 12 FF 24 | Fort +8 Ref +8 Will +3 (+4 vs. enchantment) | CMD 25 | Init +3 | Perc +6, low-light vision | Effects: greater magic fang, longstrider, mage armor, barkskin ]

Looking up at Sard expectantly. Hissssss.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Ifrit Sorceror 9 | hp 64/52 NL: 0 | AC15 T14 F12 mage armor: AC18 T14 F15 | Fort +10 Ref +10 Will +9 | Init +3 | Perc -1 (Dark 60'), SM -1 | Spells Lvl 1 3/9, Lvl 2 0/8, Lvl 3 1/8, Lvl 4 4/6 | Elemental Ray 12/12, +7/1d6+5 | Elemental Blast 0/1, 9d6 Fire + vuln., 20ft burst, DC 23 Ref. halves/negates | Active spells: fly, mage armor, false life (+12hp), see invis | Active conditions:

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16 Why did I even type this? I can't possibly get a 25...

Sard recoils as the large snake hisses at him. After a beat, he remembers what her owner had requested. "Oh, guess you want me to do something with this, yeah?"

He pulls out the wand of mage armor that Lis had handed him earlier and uses it to cast on the snake. Thinking about it for a moment, he then stows the wand, touches his chest with his hand, and casts the same on himself.

Mage armor from Lis' wand on the snake for 1 hour, mage armor from my own spell slots on myself for 6 hours

Silver Crusade

M Aasimar Monk/6 - HP 52/52 - AC 23 (touch 19, flat 20) - Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +7 - Init +2 - Perception +12 - Ki 8/8

Ostendiel hands Sard his own Wand of Mage Armor. "I don't suppose you'd be willing to use a similar wand on me?"

Scarab Sages

Male CN Ifrit Sorceror 9 | hp 64/52 NL: 0 | AC15 T14 F12 mage armor: AC18 T14 F15 | Fort +10 Ref +10 Will +9 | Init +3 | Perc -1 (Dark 60'), SM -1 | Spells Lvl 1 3/9, Lvl 2 0/8, Lvl 3 1/8, Lvl 4 4/6 | Elemental Ray 12/12, +7/1d6+5 | Elemental Blast 0/1, 9d6 Fire + vuln., 20ft burst, DC 23 Ref. halves/negates | Active spells: fly, mage armor, false life (+12hp), see invis | Active conditions:

"Sure thing, Osty!", and he does.


| DM | Absalom Initiation

I’m enjoying the banter between you guys! And I love the in-character meta-reference to the armor pricing FAQ and the ensuing chatter, Kate!

And Happy Anniversary Dennis and Kate (pardon my bringing Facebook into PbP)!

Following Tarn’s suggestion, the Pathfinders, undaunted by the (not entirely) unexpected turn of events with the dwarven village, make their way to the southeast, where they find a slightly nicer dwelling, in better repair than the others.

A few paces from the dwelling, progress forward is suddenly interrupted by the appearance of a truly bizarre being, making a terrifying sound, a roar that sounds like a hammer striking an anvil! The horse-sized creature has the face of a dwarven woman wearing a silver nose ring. Her body resembles that of a large bear, adorned with what look like the wings of a giant, scaly butterfly. A wickedly barbed tail writhes wildly behind her as her clanging call shifts to a sonorous growl.

Internet connection on my trip is giving me fits, so I may not do much map editing for the moment.

Grand Lodge

Female NG Half-Orc Druid 7 | HP: 55/55 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 23 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 (+1 vs enchantment, +4 vs fey, plants) | Init: +4 | P: 12, SM: 3 | | Speed 20ft | Wildshapes: 2/2 | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/3, 4th 1/1 | Active conditions: Longstrider./

Thanks! We celebrated by playing PFS. :P

Grand Lodge

Female NG Half-Orc Druid 7 | HP: 55/55 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 23 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 (+1 vs enchantment, +4 vs fey, plants) | Init: +4 | P: 12, SM: 3 | | Speed 20ft | Wildshapes: 2/2 | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/3, 4th 1/1 | Active conditions: Longstrider./

"Hello? Who are you? Do you speak Common? Your wings are beautiful."

Scarab Sages

Male CN Ifrit Sorceror 9 | hp 64/52 NL: 0 | AC15 T14 F12 mage armor: AC18 T14 F15 | Fort +10 Ref +10 Will +9 | Init +3 | Perc -1 (Dark 60'), SM -1 | Spells Lvl 1 3/9, Lvl 2 0/8, Lvl 3 1/8, Lvl 4 4/6 | Elemental Ray 12/12, +7/1d6+5 | Elemental Blast 0/1, 9d6 Fire + vuln., 20ft burst, DC 23 Ref. halves/negates | Active spells: fly, mage armor, false life (+12hp), see invis | Active conditions:

"Ah, hello there! Sorry to disturb you. We mean you no harm, I'm sure. My name's Sard. Who might you be?" Sard says (in common), trying to look friendly while also trying to stay a little behind the druid and the snake.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18 plus more if it has an elemental subtype for some reason

Knowledge(arcana or planes): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 Trying to figure out what this thing is, if one of those knowledges is appropriate.


| DM | Absalom Initiation

Sard has never heard, read or dreamed of such a strange creature as this. It hesitates briefly as he speaks, continues its low, rolling growl, though it does not attack.

Anyone else want to pitch in on Diplomacy?

Grand Lodge

Female NG Half-Orc Druid 7 | HP: 55/55 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 23 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 (+1 vs enchantment, +4 vs fey, plants) | Init: +4 | P: 12, SM: 3 | | Speed 20ft | Wildshapes: 2/2 | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/3, 4th 1/1 | Active conditions: Longstrider./

"We're not here to hurt you; we're just trying to find out what happened."

Diplomacy to aid Sard: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Silver Crusade

M Aasimar Monk/6 - HP 52/52 - AC 23 (touch 19, flat 20) - Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +7 - Init +2 - Perception +12 - Ki 8/8

As Sard takes the lead, Ostendiel steps forward. "We are explorers and investigators. We just wish to talk. My name is Ostendiel."

Diplomacy to aid: 1d20 ⇒ 10

(+1 if this individual is hostile to us -- a chronicle boon)

Grand Lodge

Dwarf PFS 15998-5 Oracle of the Dark Tapestry 5 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | HP 36/36 | F +2* R +1* W +4* | Init +4 | Perc +5*

Tarn watches the creature warily, uncertain of how to react. These demi-planes give me tha' creeps...


| DM | Absalom Initiation

As the party assures the bizarre creature that they mean no harm, her growling subsides, her shoulders and wings slump and her head hangs low, her demeanor becoming deeply sad rather than fierce.

”You are not here to hurt and take?” she says in very simple Common. ”Others did, looked like you,” she adds, gesturing at Sard, Lis and Ostendiel as she says this. ”Could not stop them.”

After a gloomy pause, she speaks again, telling snatches of a tale, “Master was last of Naldak’s Point dwarves. They were good and proud until evil came and took the young away. Now they live in mountain to the east. Their heads are bald and their skin is gray. They should cut their beards in shame.”

Grand Lodge

Female NG Half-Orc Druid 7 | HP: 55/55 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 23 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 (+1 vs enchantment, +4 vs fey, plants) | Init: +4 | P: 12, SM: 3 | | Speed 20ft | Wildshapes: 2/2 | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/3, 4th 1/1 | Active conditions: Longstrider./

Lisianthus approaches the creature, and resists the urge to scritch her back. "No, we won't hurt you. What is your name? Did the evil ones take your master away?"


| DM | Absalom Initiation

”I am Grodel,” she replies, ”brought by my master. Grey dwarves didn’t kill master. Master died of sorrow, years after young of Naldak’s Point taken away.” Gesturing with her tail – which turns out to be tipped with an unpleasant-looking stinger – she points at some of the damaged structures and adds, ”Since then, others came – not dwarves – and did this, chased me away.”

Scarab Sages

Male CN Ifrit Sorceror 9 | hp 64/52 NL: 0 | AC15 T14 F12 mage armor: AC18 T14 F15 | Fort +10 Ref +10 Will +9 | Init +3 | Perc -1 (Dark 60'), SM -1 | Spells Lvl 1 3/9, Lvl 2 0/8, Lvl 3 1/8, Lvl 4 4/6 | Elemental Ray 12/12, +7/1d6+5 | Elemental Blast 0/1, 9d6 Fire + vuln., 20ft burst, DC 23 Ref. halves/negates | Active spells: fly, mage armor, false life (+12hp), see invis | Active conditions:

"Others. What kind of others? And how recently?"


| DM | Absalom Initiation

"Others, look like you. No beards," Grodel replies. Considering a moment, she adds, "How long? Some moons ago, maybe three hands?" As she says this, she holds up a four-fingered hand.

Silver Crusade

M Aasimar Monk/6 - HP 52/52 - AC 23 (touch 19, flat 20) - Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +7 - Init +2 - Perception +12 - Ki 8/8

Ostendiel has played Legacy of the Stonelords, so he'll recognize bald, grey-skinned dwarves as sounding like Duergar. I know that there's a boon you're supposed to have to be able to remember a creature you encountered before, but I think that's the stupidest idea I've ever heard, with one exception. I mean, hell, p. 32-45 of the Pathfinder Society Field Guide is nominally things the society tells agents, so we all play with a little bit too much ignorance.

"Their heads are bald and their skin is grey?" Ostendiel says. His brow furrows. "Interesting."

He gives the others a look indicating that he wants to say more.

"What happened to them after evil came and took their young away? What did they do that makes you say they should cut their beards in shame?"

"Also, from what direction did these others come?"

Grand Lodge

Dwarf PFS 15998-5 Oracle of the Dark Tapestry 5 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | HP 36/36 | F +2* R +1* W +4* | Init +4 | Perc +5*

Tarn listens to the story sadly, his concern finally breaking through the reserve. "Yer master, what were they called?" he asks, as gently as he can manage.

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Knowledge (dwarven history): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Not sure if the second roll technically applies, but there it is anyway.

Derail on PFS Knowledge skills:
Since it is technically legal for the GM to exercise discretion in how they give out information on a successful Knowledge check, here's the system I use:

If you have ranks in a Knowledge skill, I assume you know the basics of any creature with Base CR<Character level. Name, creature type, scariest ability, biggest immunities. If you roll really well, or make the roll but have ranks = character level in the skill, I give you pretty much everything that seems "important".

If you have encountered a creature with that PC before, I assume you remember the basics as well. If we follow the rules purely RAW, it would be meta-gaming to have a cold iron weapon without having ranks in Knowledge (planes) or (nature).

The system I proposed once to PFS leadership was that your PC auto-knows details of any creature whose base CR < character level IF you have ranks in the appropriate Knowledge skill = 1/2 character level AND you own the Additional Resource it comes from. Didn't fly.


| DM | Absalom Initiation

I’m fine with characters’ referring to past experience to identify the basics about a creature, such as knowing that Grodel is talking about duergar. The PFS leadership tends toward rules to guard against folks who might abuse such an approach, but we don’t have to do that here.

She considers the questions for a long, sad moment before replying. ”Not many left, grew old and died, my master with them. Those taken by evil left their clan, their home, their gods, left all that was them. They went to the east.” As she says this, she points toward an overgrown path heading in that direction.

In reply to Tarn’s question, the strange creature’s amber eyes brim with tears and she says, ”Cannot remember master’s name! Bid me stay here, tells others what happened, but it has been so long!”

She calms herself and says, ”You wait.” Disappearing into the small dwelling behind her, she reemerges from the hut with an item clutched in each hand, a wand and an empty scabbard. ”You go to find master’s people, you take these to help.”

A scabbard of vigor and a wand of stone call with 6 charges remaining.

Tiny peek behind the curtain:
Grodel is an unfettered eidolon, for anyone wondering. And her master’s name isn’t given in the scenario, so I made it into some drama for her.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Ifrit Sorceror 9 | hp 64/52 NL: 0 | AC15 T14 F12 mage armor: AC18 T14 F15 | Fort +10 Ref +10 Will +9 | Init +3 | Perc -1 (Dark 60'), SM -1 | Spells Lvl 1 3/9, Lvl 2 0/8, Lvl 3 1/8, Lvl 4 4/6 | Elemental Ray 12/12, +7/1d6+5 | Elemental Blast 0/1, 9d6 Fire + vuln., 20ft burst, DC 23 Ref. halves/negates | Active spells: fly, mage armor, false life (+12hp), see invis | Active conditions:

"Thank you, Grodel. We will find your master's people, I promise."

Sard examines the wand for a moment and then holds it out to Lis. "Why don't you take this, Lis. Seems up your alley."

Grand Lodge

Female NG Half-Orc Druid 7 | HP: 55/55 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 23 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 (+1 vs enchantment, +4 vs fey, plants) | Init: +4 | P: 12, SM: 3 | | Speed 20ft | Wildshapes: 2/2 | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/3, 4th 1/1 | Active conditions: Longstrider./

Lisianthus accepts the wand gratefully.

"Grodel, do you need anything else? Food, water, anything like that?"


| DM | Absalom Initiation

"No, I need nothing," she replies. "I stay here, do as my master said."

Ready to head east?

Scarab Sages

Male CN Ifrit Sorceror 9 | hp 64/52 NL: 0 | AC15 T14 F12 mage armor: AC18 T14 F15 | Fort +10 Ref +10 Will +9 | Init +3 | Perc -1 (Dark 60'), SM -1 | Spells Lvl 1 3/9, Lvl 2 0/8, Lvl 3 1/8, Lvl 4 4/6 | Elemental Ray 12/12, +7/1d6+5 | Elemental Blast 0/1, 9d6 Fire + vuln., 20ft burst, DC 23 Ref. halves/negates | Active spells: fly, mage armor, false life (+12hp), see invis | Active conditions:

"We'll take our leave of you, then." Ready to head East

Grand Lodge

Female NG Half-Orc Druid 7 | HP: 55/55 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 23 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 (+1 vs enchantment, +4 vs fey, plants) | Init: +4 | P: 12, SM: 3 | | Speed 20ft | Wildshapes: 2/2 | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/3, 4th 1/1 | Active conditions: Longstrider./

Yup! If the mountain to the East looks less than a few hours walk, Lisianthus will also cast greater magic fang on Dewberry as they head out. If not, she'll cast the spell once she thinks they're about three hours out.

"I've never faced duergar before, but if they're anything like drow, this won't be fun. What are they like?"

Silver Crusade

M Aasimar Monk/6 - HP 52/52 - AC 23 (touch 19, flat 20) - Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +7 - Init +2 - Perception +12 - Ki 8/8

Ostendiel says, "I don't know a lot about them. They are much like dwarves. Strong fighters, but varied as individuals."

"Like the drow, I had thought they were native to the Darklands, and basically unknown on the surface. It is surprising that a village taken from the surface into the tapestry would have them. We should be cautious. The duergar I met before were, to an individual, hostile. Hopefully this time around that will not be the case."


| DM | Absalom Initiation

Grodel looks on sadly as the party departs down the overgrown dirt road. The journey takes over half a day, the grim peak of the mountain very slowly getting closer. After an uneventful trek, the mountain reaches overhead, covered in lush trees and white mist. As warm winds whip around the mount’s rises, wisps of cloud separate from the thick cover and float away. A brief plateau about halfway up the mountain features a sheer cliff, otherwise inscrutable from a distance.

Nearer by, a mighty waterfall roars overhead, the source of the thick mist that covers much of the mountain. The vapors become gray clouds as they rise in altitude, but near the base of the mountain they are white wisps rolling out from a beautiful pool. The pool’s water is clear and deep, with the spill forcing white bubbles back to a rippling surface. Deep into the pool, away from the frothy cascade, a glint of gold beckons the eye.

Map updated. The big waterfall is off the map to the north, for reference.

Grand Lodge

Female NG Half-Orc Druid 7 | HP: 55/55 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 23 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 (+1 vs enchantment, +4 vs fey, plants) | Init: +4 | P: 12, SM: 3 | | Speed 20ft | Wildshapes: 2/2 | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/3, 4th 1/1 | Active conditions: Longstrider./

Taking care of buffs...Lisianthus cast greater magic fang as they got close to the mountain. She also refreshes longstrider on herself and Dewberry from the wand and asks Sard to refresh mage armor on Dewberry.

"What do you suppose is in the water over there?" Lisianthus crosses the rocks to get a better look. "Dewberry, heel."

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Silver Crusade

M Aasimar Monk/6 - HP 52/52 - AC 23 (touch 19, flat 20) - Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +7 - Init +2 - Perception +12 - Ki 8/8

Ostendiel says, "Let us find out."

He takes a deep breath and dives into the pool where it is calm, and begins to swim towards the glint of gold.

Take 10 on Swim for a result of 18.

Grand Lodge

Female NG Half-Orc Druid 7 | HP: 55/55 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 23 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 (+1 vs enchantment, +4 vs fey, plants) | Init: +4 | P: 12, SM: 3 | | Speed 20ft | Wildshapes: 2/2 | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/3, 4th 1/1 | Active conditions: Longstrider./

Hmmm...Just to be on the safe side... "Dewberry, defend Ostendiel!"

I swear I posted this a while ago, but I guess the site ate it. Apologies if it shows up as a double.


F constrictor snake [ HP 45/45 (0 NL) | AC 27 Tch 12 FF 24 | Fort +8 Ref +8 Will +3 (+4 vs. enchantment) | CMD 25 | Init +3 | Perc +6, low-light vision | Effects: greater magic fang, longstrider, mage armor, barkskin ]

Hisssssss. Mom says to defend the shiny one. Perhaps there will be tasties in the water!

Dewberry has a swim speed of 20 ft.


| DM | Absalom Initiation

Ostendiel and Dewberry make their way through the water. They're able to swim across the current without any trouble, but Ostendiel can tell it might be challenging for some of the others.

All - if you can, please move yourselves on the map when you post movement, or ask others to do it for you if you're not able to manipulate the map. Let me know what you want to do as you get close to the beautiful, shiny gold. The water is about 15' deep.

Dewberry - would you ask Mom to fill out the stat block on your alias when she has a moment?

Silver Crusade

M Aasimar Monk/6 - HP 52/52 - AC 23 (touch 19, flat 20) - Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +7 - Init +2 - Perception +12 - Ki 8/8

Sorry... Ostendiel's position updated on the map.

1 to 50 of 323 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Khel's Tapestry's Toil All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.