Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


SR's - Great Southern Isles (PbP) (Inactive)

Game Master stormraven

High-Power Pathfinder Homespun Game


6,601 to 6,650 of 7,012 << first < prev | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | next > last >>

DM

Yeah, he isn't an outsider, sadly.

Ushari's ally fails to connect with the wily Wraith but both her spear and blast of healing energy are true. Her spear buries itself in the Wraith's shoulder which shrivels at the holy weapon's touch. Her holy light burns away the edges of the shadows that wrap around the Shaudran.

Will 1d20 + 19 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 19 + 4 = 34 vs DC:16 for 1/2 | Channel Resistance


So what does Jayse think about Strae's plan? I sensed a little wishy-washyness in your last post. ;)

Cursing the gnome every step, Jayse charges into the waiting claws of the Dread Wraith. Sin all but coos at the forthcoming meal...

Was it luck or do the Gods watch over crazy Monks who recklessly follow the hair-brained schemes of idiotic Sorcerers? We shall never truly know... for while Sin's claws paint livid marks across Jayse's face - damage shared with Orin - the Shaudran Wraith was denied yet again a taste of the Monk's soul. And that failure... rankled the ageless beast of darkness.

Adding to that outrage, Jayse slashes into the dark core of Sin'anath'rath but his mystic armor deflects some of the power from the blow.

Next UP... Jofram and Orin

Ja's HPs: 63|70 - CON: 14/14 - New Max HP:
Jo's HPs: 51|79 - CON: 7/14 - New Max HP: 51
Ov's HPs: 65|72 - CON: 14/14 - New Max HP:
Uv's HPs: 38|52 - CON: 9/13 - New Max HP: 38
St's HPs: 46|60 - CON: 11/14 - New Max HP: 46

BOOM:
Sin @ Jayse AC: 23 - 1/2 to Orin
Touch ATT: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (12) + 20 = 32 DAM: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 4) = 14 neg energy + 1d8 ⇒ 4 CON - Fort DC:23
Fort Save 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25


I wish I had saved a hero point so I could hit him with Ill Omen and then hit him with Bestow Curse on the same round. :-) I have a feeling that Sin has a master that we have to fight, so I'm going to hold onto Bestow Curse for now, though.

Orin runs around, bypassing the throne with supernatural speed granted by Strae's haste spell. He strikes again at the now-surrounded wraith.

Swift: Kirin again (I think I can keep trying) 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (13) + 19 = 32

Move: U45

Hair attack, haste, IC, heroism, combat expertise 1d20 + 7 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 1 = 31

Damage, and WS DC 20 if hits 1d8 + 8 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 3 + 1 + 2 = 16


And yes I want to swing around to avoid AoO ;-)


DM

Orin races around the throne, hair flying. Having seen many of Sin's tricks, he finally begins to comprehend the capabilities of the creature. (Kirin - ON) His hair lashes out, striking the last Shaudran... Its will is so formidable that it shrugs off the spell that accompanies the blow but not without a moment of hesitation.

Next Up... Jofram

Will 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21 vs DC:20


DM
Orin Vanderwhal wrote:
And yes I want to swing around to avoid AoO ;-)

Wuss! Man up like Jayse and charge into the fray! Damn the torpedoes!


Straehan rasps at the Monk, though relief is clearly in his eyes, "About damn time, Jayse. I was here for all of 5 seconds and I was pretty sure I was going to have to bust this wind-bag all on my own."


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayse grunts as he hits the floor, eyes not coming off of the opponent as he quips, "Was gonna take a nap, but its' damn near impossible with Ushari's preaching."


HP: 51/79 | | Anatomist (+1 to confirm Crits) | | Fav. Enemy +4 = Humans, Half-Humans, Undead

Jofram smoothly sidesteps, keeping the Shaudran lined up for a shot. Ignoring his fatigue, he draws forth more enchanted arrows, sending more light streaks between the large statue and his friends, at the abomination beyond.

All that rolling business...:
5' Step + Surprise Shift to S54
FREE - Maintain IC2
.
Attack (Ghost-Touched, Arcane Strike, Point-Blank Haste, IC2, Fav. Enemy, Daybreak Arrows, Multi-shot, Rapid Shot, Melee Pen.):
1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 4 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 4 - 2 - 2 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 + (2, 3) = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 + (5, 3) = 29
.
Attack (Ghost-Touched, Arcane Strike, Point-Blank Haste, IC2, Fav. Enemy, Daybreak Arrows, Multi-shot, Rapid Shot, Melee Pen.):
1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 4 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 4 - 2 - 2 = 32
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 + (2, 6) = 28
.
Attack (Ghost-Touched, Arcane Strike, Point-Blank Haste, IC2, Fav. Enemy, Daybreak Arrows, Multi-shot, Rapid Shot, Melee Pen.):
1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 4 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 4 - 2 - 2 = 36
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 + (4, 3) = 27
.
Attack (Ghost-Touched, Arcane Strike, Point-Blank Haste, IC2, Fav. Enemy, Daybreak Arrows, Multi-shot, Rapid Shot, Melee Pen.):
1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 4 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 4 - 2 - 2 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 + (5, 4) = 25
.
.
SR - I'm not sure about baddie's size category. Would you kindly subtract 2 from each attack if Big Bad is only 1x size category larger than us? I've listed as if he is 2x larger.


DM

Jofram slides into the open drawing arrows... and the door swings shut with a click. The ranger doesn't have time to fret over it as he attempts to make a pincushion out of the Dread Wraith. He weaves his shot around the statue, threading the gaps between his allies, all the while trying to hit a shifting nebulous creature. His first two arrows are deflected by the statue's gauntlet. The third catches in Orin's hair and goes awry. The fourth arrow catches the Wraith in the hip and the fifth bounces off the creature's eldritch defenses.

Next Up... Round 4: Livin' in Sin

Rollapalooza:
Sin is Large

MODS: Size, Partial Cover

Attack #1
HIT: 21-2-2 - MISS
DAM: 23 + 29 = 52
MISS <21% 1d100 ⇒ 76

Attack #2
HIT: 32-2-2 - MISS
DAM: 28
MISS <21% 1d100 ⇒ 6

Attack #3
HIT: 36-2-2 - HIT
DAM: 27
MISS <21% 1d100 ⇒ 83 - HIT

Attack #4
HIT: 28-2-2 - MISS
DAM: 25
MISS <21% 1d100 ⇒ 79


The multiple attacks have taken their toll; Sin feels weakened. And while he might continue to dodge and whittle away at these adventurers' defenses - slaying one or two in the process and raising them as new allies - backing down or retreat have never been his style. After 11,000 years chained to this accursed box - even oblivion might be an interesting change. But, first, a lesson...

The ghostly head turns back and forth, the red needle-eyes regard the enemies surrounding him. "My people read the future accurately in the wheeling of the constellations. But few, if any, foresaw the fall of our race. Reading one's own fate is difficult at best. I have only a small gift with astrology but I will say this... You should turn back now. What lies ahead, you don't want to face."

And now to make a final point. The Last Shaudran weaves a simple spell so skillfully that none of our heroes can find an exploitable weakness. He regards Orin with a deathly smile and reaches a shadowy arm for him. Faultlessly, the Wraith's hand moves among the images to grab the Witch by the neck. Orin is scoured by a life-draining brush with the negative material plane and simultaneously blasted with electricity that dances across his body. Somehow, Orin resists the soul-stealing touch that would have left him a feebled old man. Saved vs a drain of 8 CON The Wraith's words are a whisper, "Never forget how close death came."

He releases the Witch and waits - holding his ground.

In case you are wondering - Dread Wraith have Lifesense which enables them to hunt and attack without sight.

STAND: Cast Shocking Grasp defensively
FREE: Use Villain Point for another STAND
STAND: Attack Orin

Round: 4

ORDER: Dread Wraith, Straehan, Ushari, Jayse, Jofram, Orin

MAP: Touch of Sin

Ja's HPs: 63|70 - CON: 14/14 - New Max HP:
Jo's HPs: 51|79 - CON: 7/14 - New Max HP: 51
Ov's HPs: 37|72 - CON: 14/14 - New Max HP:
Uv's HPs: 38|52 - CON: 9/13 - New Max HP: 38
St's HPs: 46|60 - CON: 11/14 - New Max HP: 46

On-Going Effects:
Good Guys
All - Haste - +1 Attack on FULL ATTACK; +1 ATT Rolls; +1 Reflex Saves; +1 Dodge AC; +30' Move - 4 of 7 rnds

Orin - Mirror Image - 6 images - 7 mins
Orin - Arcane Sight - detect magical auras - 7 mins
Orin - Fox's Cunning - +4 INT - 7 mins
Orin - See Invisible
Orin - Mage Armor

Jayse - Heroism - +2 morale ATT, Saves, Skills - 70 mins
Jayse - Shield Other - +1 deflection AC, +1 resistance saves - Orin takes 1/2 DAM - 3 hr
Jayse - Mage Armor

Strae - See Invisible
Strae - Mage Armor

Jofram - Shield Other - +1 deflection AC, +1 resistance saves - Ushari takes 1/2 DAM - 3 hr

Bad Guys
Sin - Mage Armor

BOOM:
Cast Defensively vs DC:17 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

Sin @ Orin AC: 19
MODS: +3 ATT vs Metal Armor
Touch: ATT: 1d20 + 20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 20 + 3 = 34 DAM: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 5) = 16 neg energy + 5d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 1, 2, 3) = 12 electrical + 1d8 ⇒ 8 CON - Fort DC:23
Orin 1st Fort Save - Successful


I'm forgoing the usual format here to keep things moving along...

Straehan casts a spell and touches Jayse, imbuing him with uncanny accuracy.

FULL: Cast True Strike defensively on Jayse

I can't fail the Concentration Check so I'm leaving it off.

Next Up... Ushari & Jayse


Straehan wrote:

I'm forgoing the usual format here to keep things moving along...

Straehan casts a spell and touches Jayse, imbuing him with uncanny accuracy.

FULL: Cast True Strike defensively on Jayse

I can't fail the Concentration Check so I'm leaving it off.

Next Up... Ushari & Jayse

Good move! Totally forgot I could do that!


DM

Oh and since Sin didn't move - no more Wind Stance. Ranged attacks strike as normal.


STONE-FACED KILLA

Hey, shanks! >:D

As the wraith lashes out at Orin -- arrogantly posturing in the process -- Jayse sidesteps into a flanking position. He works his blade like an artist his brush, flowing smoothly from form to form. Straehan's magic, felt potently on the first swing, seems to deliver some lasting effects, guiding the misting blade time and again into the wraith's body.

"We didn't really want to face you either, but here we are."

FREE: 5' step to U49.
FULL: Flurry (mods listed in the rolls block)

rolls:
Attacks include mods for Inspire Courage +2, Haste, Flank & Power Attack (and True Strike on the first).
.
Mindblade (Haste) 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 + 20 = 51
---> Damage 1d8 + 10 + 2 + 4 + 3d6 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 + 4 + (6, 6, 4) = 34
.
Mindblade 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 14 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 36 <-- CRIT?
---> Damage 8 + 10 + 2 + 4 + 18 = 42
---> Crit Confirm 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 14 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 33; Trait
---> Damage 42 + 1d8 + 10 + 2 + 4 ⇒ 42 + (6) + 10 + 2 + 4 = 64
---> Bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 1
.
Mindblade 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 14 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 24
---> Damage 1d8 + 10 + 2 + 4 + 3d6 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 2 + 4 + (2, 2, 6) = 27
.
Mindblade 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 30 <-- CRIT?
---> Damage 8 + 10 + 2 + 4 + 18 = 42
---> Crit Confirm 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 20; Trait
---> Damage 42 + 1d8 + 10 + 2 + 4 ⇒ 42 + (1) + 10 + 2 + 4 = 59
---> Bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Status:
HP 63/70
AC 27 • Touch 25/21 (first number is against incorporeals) • FF 23
CMD 33 • FF 30 (+2 vs. Grapple/Trip)
Fort +11 Reflex +11 Will +13
--> +2 vs. Shaudran, Enchantments
--> +2 vs. Sleep, Paralysis, & Stunning (Dragon Style)
--> +1 trait vs. Arcane spells
Immune Diseases
.
Effects/Conditions: Mage Armor (7 hrs), Darkvision 60 (constant), Mindshield, Heroism (70 min), Shield Other (3h), Haste, Inspire Courage +2


Jayse carves into the creature, nearly every blow hitting. The shadowy essence of the creature sprays like blood under the monk's relentless slicing. More than one blow delivers savage retribution... and yet the creature teeters defiantly, close to total destruction. Its hands make a bring it gesture.

Next Up... Ushari, Jofram, and Orin - OPEN FIRE!


DM
Jayse wrote:
Hey, shanks! >:D

De nada. That's what Gnome Sidekicks do.


DM

:: crickets ::
No one wants to finish this baddie off? Righto. Deploying Shaudran Fortress BBEG Fast Healing in 5... 4... 3... 2...


Hey SR, yer countdown should be going upwards...after all, Fast Healing is a Per Round deal...:P

Jayse wrote:
Jayse quips, "Was gonna take a nap, but its' damn near impossible with Ushari's preaching."

Preaching? Jayse, I don't hear you complaining when I HEAL you!

Ushari stands like a beacon of light in front of the group and again bathes the group as she has done many times before healing her allies, and scouring the wraith once again.

STAND: Channel Energy 4d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 5, 5) = 12; Will save DC 16 half


DM

... 1. Ironically that is also the only number Sin fails his save on so...

BBEG Last Gasp 1d20 ⇒ 9

The beacon of light meets the pillar of darkness... and darkness is overthrown. The blast of occult energy smashes across the Wraith. Sin freezes for a moment and then shatters like black glass, collapsing in on himself like a ruined statue. His ebon crown falls and rings as it strikes the floor and rolls to a stop. The chamber is silent once more as the Shaudran Gods look on in mute satisfaction.

Ja's HPs: 70|70 - CON: 14/14 - New Max HP:
Jo's HPs: 51|79 - CON: 7/14 - New Max HP: 51
Ov's HPs: 49|72 - CON: 14/14 - New Max HP:
Uv's HPs: 38|52 - CON: 9/13 - New Max HP: 38
St's HPs: 46|60 - CON: 11/14 - New Max HP: 46


Straehan looks to Jayse, recalls the diamond inkwell, looks at the fallen crown, and does the next logical thing...

"DIBS!"

COMBAT OVER


Ushari looks at Straehan an amused look on her face. "I hope that crown can be resized, Strae." Shaking her head and chuckling to herself amazed the group is still alive, if damaged, she pulls out her wand and motions Orin over. "This may tickle a bit."

CLW 3 Charges:
#1 1d8 + 1 + 49 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 49 = 54
#2 1d8 + 1 + 54 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 54 = 61
#3 1d8 + 1 + 61 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 61 = 70

Orin is at 70 HP.

She looks over Straehan and Jofram's marks made by the Dread Wraith's claws and shakes her head. "I can do nothing against these wounds. They are beyond my skills to fix. Maybe Isolde can heal you...perhaps."


DM

Ja's HPs: 70|70 - CON: 14/14
Jo's HPs: 51|79 - CON: 7/14 - New Max HP: 51
Ov's HPs: 70|72 - CON: 14/14
Uv's HPs: 38|52 - CON: 9/13 - New Max HP: 38
St's HPs: 46|60 - CON: 11/14 - New Max HP: 46


Ushari Velnokal wrote:
Ushari looks at Straehan an amused look on her face. "I hope that crown can be resized, Strae."

He picks up the crown - after checking it for magic - and considers its size. "I'll wear it as a belt." He drops the item into Jofram's bag of holding, suddenly feeling the weakness in his limbs.


DM

OK, kids, what is the play? You've got a room, a throne, some treasure, and at least one locked door.


Well done everyone, and thanks Shari for the healing. I'll examine the treasure with my arcane sight.


DM

A quick perusal of the piles surrounding the throne, yields the following...

~ Money ~
300 GP
26,000 SP (of various ages of the world)

~ Objects ~
Silver Ewer
Velvet Mask with Citrines
Jeweled Anklet
Green Silk Vest with platinum threads
2 Framed Paintings (Shaudran)
Small Corborundrum Shell

~ Magical Items ~
Rope
Sack
Gem
Rod
Bead
Scroll
Spiked Gauntlet (of clear Shaudran manufacture)

Rather than attempt to make all the rolls in the various configurations with AAs, etc. I'd like to just say it takes a couple of minutes of serious investigation to figure it all out. Let me know if that sounds good to you.


Dang, did this Sin have a silver fetish or something? OHHH...btw that Jeweled Anklet is SOOO Ushari, he he.

Ushari glances through the treasure, noting the anklet was certainly pretty. She then picks up the Corborundrum Shell and looks it over for any religious markings. "Orin, could this be what Naladoria was looking for?" She glances at the locked door, "Or could it be beyond that door?"

Know Religion (shell) 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

SR: I think checking out the magic items is a good plan.


DM

Given that Naladoria described her shell as an artifact and this shell is non-magical, you'd have to assume it is not the shell you are looking for.


DM

After a few minutes of examination, both physically and through magical means, you appraise the value of all the items and determine what each item does...

~ Objects ~
Silver Ewer - 100 GP
Velvet Mask with Citrines - 600 GP
Jeweled Anklet - 2500 GP
Green Silk Vest with platinum threads - 1800 GP
2 Framed Paintings (Shaudran) - 10,000 GP
Small Corborundrum Shell - 3000 GP

~ Magical Items ~
Rope of Climbing
Bag of Holding - Type II
Elemental Gem - Air
Rod of Maximizing (Normal)
Bead of Force
Scroll (Divine) 9th level Caster
-> 3rd - Meld Into Stone
-> 4th - Divine Power
-> 5th - Flame Strike

Shaudran Gauntlet
+5 Flaming, Bane (v Evil Outsiders)


My suggestion at divvying loot here...

LOOT wrote:

~ Objects ~

Silver Ewer - 100 GP
Velvet Mask with Citrines - 600 GP
Jeweled Anklet - 2500 GP
Green Silk Vest with platinum threads - 1800 GP
2 Framed Paintings (Shaudran) - 10,000 GP
Small Corborundrum Shell - 3000 GP

All of this gear can be stuffed into the Bag of Holding Type II.

~ Magical Items ~
Rope of Climbing Ushari
Bag of Holding - Type II Orin
Elemental Gem - Air Strae
Rod of Maximizing (Normal) Strae
Bead of Force Jayse/Orin
Scroll (Divine) 9th level Caster Ushari
-> 3rd - Meld Into Stone
-> 4th - Divine Power
-> 5th - Flame Strike

Shaudran Gauntlet Jofram?? (can he use two gauntlets simultaneously?)
+5 Flaming, Bane (v Evil Outsiders)


Straehan examines both doors. The north door doesn't appear to be trapped but it is locked. The southern exit to the stairs is also locked with seemingly no way to open it. "There was an Adamantine handle here at one point but something flattened it. It looks like we'll have to break the door down to get back through it."

Perception (Trap Spotting) 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29

On the divvy list... anyone can use the Elemental Gem, just saying.


Yep, maybe Jayse can have the gem and I could have the bead, or vice versa. As for the bag of Holding, it's pretty good size and I'd prefer to keep my hands free to fight whatever's beyond the door. Can we just put the treasure in it and leave the bag here and pick it up on the way out? Alternatively, I can call a mule with my robe and we can use the bag like saddlebags, hehe.


Hmm, adamantine? Should be hard to break down without an adamantine weapon. I can try to destroy the door with a blast of lightning when you are all ready, if that would help.


STONE-FACED KILLA

If Jayse uses the gauntlet, can he flurry with it and use his unarmed damage? If so, can he use Stunning Fist and Elemental Fist through it?
.
If some or all of that is the case, i think we're best served by giving the gauntlet to Jayse.


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayse eyes the loot -- and the gauntlet specifically -- with a careful eye. "Ushari, don't you have an Adamantine dagger? Might help us bust the door... or at least its hinges."


Jayse wrote:

If Jayse uses the gauntlet, can he flurry with it and use his unarmed damage? If so, can he use Stunning Fist and Elemental Fist through it?

.
If some or all of that is the case, i think we're best served by giving the gauntlet to Jayse.

I agree, but I believe SR already said that wasn't the case earlier when I was asking about my cestus, so I didn't contest givin it to Jofram. I could be wrong, though. I've had another Cestus-wielder and I might be remembering that.


STONE-FACED KILLA

Hmmm... different weapons with different descriptions, though.


Jayse wrote:
Jayse eyes the loot -- and the gauntlet specifically -- with a careful eye. "Ushari, don't you have an Adamantine dagger? Might help us bust the door... or at least its hinges."

Ushari nods, Yeah, I do have an adamnatine blade. Let me see about removing those hinges, Jayse. I DO NOT like the idea off having our escape route cut off any more than you do."She will work on cutting the hinges from the door.

I have no problem leaving the loot Bag of Holding here stuffed behind the throne would be the best place. We should carry that Small Corborundrum Shell with us, just in case though. The other loot divvy suggestions are fine with me.


DM

I don't recall discussing cesti here but perhaps I did. However, my ruling would go along these lines...

We have been playing close to the rules and conventions. According to threads I can find with developer input, a gauntlet cannot be used with FOB and can't benefit from the scaling monk damage - so no unarmed damage through the gauntlet. The basic gist is that it is not a monk special weapon and therefore can't be FOB'd. Also, in regards to the scaling damage issue, the fear it seems is that it allows weapon enhancements to be 'back-doored' onto an unarmed attack.

It is only a single gauntlet as is Jofram's other one, so yes, he could wear the gauntlet on his other hand. Alternatively, though it may sound heretical, you guys could sell it. It is a high ticket item - more so because it is Shaudran - so it would sell for a lot. Lest you think it is academic, you'll be able to sell items (DM waive) and divvy up the cash to outfit your guys before we shelf them. It is possible that I'll get a yen to do one-off or series of one-offs in the future and we'll play through with your characters as we 'shelved' them. After all, the battle with the Dweller in Darkness hasn't happened and that is the kind of stray hair that bugs me sooner or later. :) And then you will reassemble as the Avengers... with Jayse as Hulk and Jofram as Hawkeye and...

DOOR - just to be clear - the latch on the southern door is smashed Adamantine. The door itself is that strange black mineral and is flush to the wall - no hinges. That door, you will have to breakdown or bypass (with D Door for instance). The other door (north) is merely locked and can be picked.


DM

Ushari - what's your damage with the adamantine dagger?


With her STR bonus of +1, she can do a MAX of 8 points of DAM (1d4+4).


DM

Straehan sets to work on the northern door lock while Ushari begins chipping at the edges of the southern door - chipping into the seams.

Disable Device (Take 20) 20 + 17 = 37

Using Ushari's average damage, it will take about as long as Strae's Take 20 to ruin the door. Call it 2 minutes.

After a few minutes, both efforts succeed. The northern door clicks open and the southern door falls down in the corridor.

What is the final distribution of the loot and what is the plan... standard recon formation?


DM

Looking out the northern doorway, there is a long set of stairs up which leads into a wide lamp-lit corridor heading East.

MAP

FWIW, the familiars are lighting up that crossing corridor you passed through earlier. It just seemed easier to show it then explain a black 'blot' on the map. Suffice to say, your characters can't see it.


Ushari will claim the rope and the divine scroll (plus the anklet, he he)...noted on her sheet.

Standard Recon formation works for me.


I'll take the gem and Jayse can take the bead, unless he wants to swap those, which I'm also good with. I'll heal everyone with my wand in the two minutes of downtime. Rolls to come in a bit.


stormraven wrote:

Ja's HPs: 70|70 - CON: 14/14

Jo's HPs: 51|79 - CON: 7/14 - New Max HP: 51
Ov's HPs: 70|72 - CON: 14/14
Uv's HPs: 38|52 - CON: 9/13 - New Max HP: 38
St's HPs: 46|60 - CON: 11/14 - New Max HP: 46

Orin, actually three of us are packing CON DRAIN, so until we get a Restoration cast on us (which Ushari cannot cast), we are stuck on our current HP level.


DM

Orin - you are the only one down HP right now - 2 points. Everyone else is at their max (lessened due to CON damage).

EDIT - NINJA'D by the blonde!

Orin - your spells Mirror Images, Fox's Cunning, Arcane Sight will all be expiring within the next two rounds.


STONE-FACED KILLA

Which begs the question: do we need to go hit up Isolde. If we're about to walk into the biggest threat in this joint, do ww want to try it with a bunch of con damage?


Good point there Jayse. Of course we don't know if Isolde is capable of casting Restoration (although it is a safe bet she can.) That means this turns into the 10 minute adventuring day, but so be it. Ushari is OK with retreating here.

6,601 to 6,650 of 7,012 << first < prev | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SR's - Great Southern Isles (PbP) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.