Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Palace of the Vampire Queen

Game Master Terquem

On the Dwarven Island of Karrita Morianna the daughter of the King has been taken by an undead horde, and her whereabouts are unknown. Current Map| Level 1 Overview


101 to 150 of 2,083 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

male

At the top of the stairs, when the four dwarves stop to find Hallister, to speak with him and discuss the things that were said on the beach, the scene is very busy.

Most of the rest of the retinues of the three knights have gotten up from their tables and now either stand near the edges of the tables to the west and east (it is an open air restaurant and the wall extends for hundreds of feet to the east and west – there are small carts selling snacks, or beer, or other handicrafts along the wall and the whole length of the wall is like a busy boulevard) or have walked off slowly, taking in the atmosphere of the city wall walk. The three Knights stand at the center of the restaurant.

They have not left.

While the group of you was talking, you all notice that the three Knights have been speaking in whispers to a few of the highest ranked retainers. It is clear, from the way the whispered conversations spread from ear to lip across the restaurant and those that have stayed behind, that the Knights are certain that the King’s men will be arriving soon to tell them that it is time for them to come to the kings palace (which is a large estate, not any sort of castle or fortress, this is a normally peaceful island kingdom) and deliver a report, a report that was supposed to be delivered the night before, but was postponed due to a sudden illness of the King.

Practically none of the retainers, including you, know what the nature of the report is, or why the King has summoned these three Knights. As Hallister has alluded to, there are stories that undead creatures are menacing people in Sir Henri’s and Lady Inarossa’s counties (or townships), but the rest of you have had no experience with this kind of trouble. If the Knights are here to address this issue, they have not told their retainers that this is true. And it seems clear, now, that the three Knights are perhaps not in agreement as to how serious the matter is, or what they should do about it.


Male Dwarf Fighter (Lore Warden 2)/Cavalier(hunt master1) HP 36 / Init +3 / AC 15 / Per +6

"Excuse me, I think that we should each check in." Mazrim heads over to check in with the rest of Sir Guisse's retainers.


HP 13 | THP 11 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +1 | R +1 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +3/+4 v Surprise

"Indeed." Helgen makes his way over to Lady Inarossa's bunch and attempts to merge himself unobtrusively with the group while they wait for the King's men to arrive. He listens closely to anything that is being said.

Edit:
If challenged as to what he's doing there, Helgen will respond thusly:

"I too bear the name Inarossa. Though I may not have had many dealings with my aunt (or 'with you' if his Aunt is addressing him) what's going on affects everyone on this island. I won't sit idly by and do nothing, my father's wishes be damned."

If no one says anything he will pretend he's supposed to be there.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric 1

Azram heads over towards the inarossa group, following Helgen

I believe that everyone in the group recognizes me, ill respond otherwise


M Dwarf Rogue 4, Init 5(7), P9(10traps), HP 30/30, AC 15(16), 13 T, 10 FF, Save F: 3(5 pos/sp), R: 7, W: 3

Rownig looks at Hallister, "Suppose we wil' continue this conversation later," with a quick nod he stand up and joins Lady Inarossa and her retainers.


HP 37/37, AC 18/21, CMD 13, Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +7, Init +3, Per +8, Punish 1/1

Hallister takes a last swig and then gets up to attend to his lord, waiting at a respectable distance.


male

“It will not go well for us, if we do not have a plan,” Lady Inarossa is saying as you approach, “and it must be a plan that we are all on board with. We cannot simply demand that the King send soldiers to the south, and put them under our,”

“My!” Sir Guisse interjects. “This is either under my control, or it is nothing!” The older Dwarf shouts while he slams his fist into his open palm.

“Control,” the Lady finishes. She lets out a breath, and confronts Sir Guisse directly, “No one is threatening your authority, Guise. This concerns, not just the three of us, but everyone on the island. Your position is untenable. We must present ourselves in a spirit of cooperation. I would put my people under your captain, if that is what it will take, but we should not demand that you be given the kind of authority you are demanding.”

Before Guisse can reply, Sir Henri speaks up, “She is all too right, Guisse. Her council is wise, and I have to agree. Together we must come up with a plan of our own. This is an opportunity, Guisse, can’t you see it? If we go before the King with our tails between our legs, telling him we do not have the resources to handle these problems, problems that are in our own lands, who knows how the King will react. I would not want to seem like I am weak, like I have no idea how to take care of the responsibilities I have been given. That way is foolish.”

“And how should we defend the coast, if we send our men and women into the mountains chasing after ghosts?” Guisse, demands, and then he notices the five of you have come in very close. His face goes red, and he points at the lot of you, each in turn. “Here, see here, it begins. Our lesser vassals stand around us with their jaws in their hands and wonder how we deserve to be called Knights of the Realm. Look at their faces! They can see our indecision, our lack of conviction, and the two of you continue to debate the meaningless. Bah! You are both fools and I will have nothing more to do with you. Go before the King, you have a few moments, perhaps less, and you have no plan. I know what I will do.”

“You would ask the King to abandon the north coast defense as much as you would fear an attack on your own beaches!” Lady Inarrosa pleads. “You know the King has asked for more funds to equip more of the citizenry, increase the standing army, but the Empire has troubles greater than ours. Let us send our own people into the mountains. We can ask for volunteers from each of our retinues. We can have equal representation. Ask the King for a meager sum, only to help equip our volunteers for an expedition.”

“Yes,” Sir Henri adds, “To gather information. To find out what there is to know. Where this is coming from, who is at risk. Yes, this is our best strategy.”

Sir Guisse frowns. “Where would you send these volunteers?” He asks with contempt. “We have no information at all, save for a few rumors and complaints from over excited villagers and citizens who blame every unwelcome event on ‘demons’, ‘ghosts’, and ‘witches’. If there is a dwarf among my followers who would volunteer to chase after these bad dreams, I would equip that one myself, but who would leave their family and their home for such a meaningless and impossible task?”


M Dwarf Rogue 4, Init 5(7), P9(10traps), HP 30/30, AC 15(16), 13 T, 10 FF, Save F: 3(5 pos/sp), R: 7, W: 3

Rownig makes a perception check to see how much he has overhead...

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Assmuming he heard Lady Inarossa, and the other's, discuss sending volunteers, he clears his throat, "CHMMMMMMMMMM, 'cuse me my Lady," pausing a short time, "I would be honored to Volunteer as a representative of your House.

Stopping briefly, "A small group may just need me skills, if ye know what I mean."He winks at her. "Of course, I..um..er...would need to pick up a few things before hand."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric 1

Azram walks up to the Lady

Lady Inarossa, I would gladly volunteer to help the group that is sent out, as a representative of both the Inarossa house and the Church of Dennari


M Dwarf Rogue 4, Init 5(7), P9(10traps), HP 30/30, AC 15(16), 13 T, 10 FF, Save F: 3(5 pos/sp), R: 7, W: 3

Smacking Azram on the back roughly, "'course ye do, yer of House Inarossa. Expect nuthin' less," with a hearty laughter, and eyes falling on Helgren, then the others.


HP 13 | THP 11 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +1 | R +1 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +3/+4 v Surprise

"I'll volunteer. We got a decent idea where to look. Certainly the House of Inarossa is not the only one with dwarves brave enough to forsake the comfort of hearth and home on a quest of such great importance?" He looks pointedly at Mazrim and Hallister, before throwing off his cloak and kneeling down in front of his aunt. He rests his hands upon the upright shaft of Erdbrekker, his hammer. "Aunt, I pledge myself and the mighty hammer Erdbrekker to you. My father agrees with Sir Guisse, that we should withdraw into our holdings like turtles into their shells. I ask you, what beshelled turtle ever survived assualt those who would deny Karuk?" He almost spits the last syllable from his mouth as he struggles to control his temper. "Let greedy old men quiver in fear and ring their homes with spears. A cripple and two commoners are ready to do their work for them." He finishes bitterly. Realizing he has said far too much, he drops his eyes to the floor and presses his mouth shut into a firm line his nostrils flaring slightly in agitation. Bloody hell, just go and insult everyone important why don't you? What's wrong with you today Helgen?


HP 37/37, AC 18/21, CMD 13, Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +7, Init +3, Per +8, Punish 1/1

Hallister looked into his lord's eyes nodded. This was why he'd been asked to come, and what he had been hoping for.

"...an' one Fallen warrior." Hallister added to Helgen's list.

"Sir Guisse, Ah'm a'fraid ye 're partially correct. These 're not dreams, nor are they demons or witches, but there are ghosts out there, among other horrors. Whatever dangers lurk off th' coasts, they pale in comparison t' what sits in th' heart of our own lands."

As he spoke he slowly unbuttoned his black shirt and spread it to reveal the chest beneath. A blackened scar, like an old burn was visible, bleach white hairs growing from it. The shape of a long-fingered handprint was clear.

His face was impassive and calm as he spoke, grave certainty thick in his voice.


HP 13 | THP 11 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +1 | R +1 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +3/+4 v Surprise

Helgen smiles when Hallister steps forward as well. Good, surly bastard like him has got to have experience. When he opens his shirt to reveal the scar, Helgen's eyes go momentarily wide and he can't help but staring. Wonder what made that...


Male Dwarf Fighter (Lore Warden 2)/Cavalier(hunt master1) HP 36 / Init +3 / AC 15 / Per +6

Sorry its been crazy at work last two days so I've been too tired to even check the webs

Sparing a glare at Helgen before turning to Lord Guisse What impudence! So this is how Inarossa are raised, to puff themselves up and insult their betters... And right to their faces too!
"M'Lord, I would be proud to represent you in such an endeavor." bowing low before him."I live to serve."


M Dwarf Rogue 4, Init 5(7), P9(10traps), HP 30/30, AC 15(16), 13 T, 10 FF, Save F: 3(5 pos/sp), R: 7, W: 3

Rownig slips behind the others and studies his companions, silently contemplating the events to come and how many will live to see the glory. Aye, me knows my own skills but 've me doubts about some of them. A cleric that be needin' an education on walkin' dead and couple crips. Nuttin' like livin' on the edge. Me papa would be proud. His beard tingles with excitement, "Looks like ye have the volunteers."


male

There is an uncomfortable silence as the three Knights, Lady Inarossa, Sir Henri, and Sir Guisse, exchange glances. Their expressions range from surprise (Sir Henri) to what can only be described as admiration (Lady Inarossa), but it is Sir Guise who speaks first.

“I do not know these dwarves, wait, you there,” he points at Mazrim, “you are one of the Deacons, are you not? Yes I can see the features of your parents in your face. You are a guard assigned to the bloomer in Holdenbrook, where your family has a house and farm.” Sir Guisse turns away from Mazrim and addresses the other two Knights, “There are five volunteers, and only one of them is from my retinue. You see how this cannot be made possible.”

“Wait,” Sir Henri interrupts, “there is no reason to dismiss the bravery of these good dwarves. Hallister is the only one among them from the house of Vessocho, but if he, a wounded soldier of no relation to my family, is willing to step up and go out to investigate, then I will send Moralane Vessocho, my oldest daughter to accompany him. She is skilled with the bow, and knows the wild as well as anyone. If you can find one more in your retinue who you can spare then there will be six, two from each of our houses.”

“No, you are incorrect,” Sir Guisse says in a drawn out voice as he steps closer to Lady Inarossa. “There are three from the Inarossa house, and is it no surprise. What is it you have been planning Lady inarossa? To put your feet into the northern lands is that your intention? Do you seek to use this trouble to try and claim the valley for your own? Ha! There are not enough hammers in your entire township to drive the Goblins from that valley. How is it you have three of you retinue ready to take on this task?”

Lady Inarossa steps to the side. She squares her shoulders and points at Helgen, “My nephew, the son of my eldest brother, does not live in the township. He does not serve my house or holdings. These two,” she gestures at Azram and Rownig, are not of the Inarossa family, and I will accept Sir Henri’s terms to send two, and only two of each of our retinue. If young Helgen follows them into the wilderness, it is a matter for his father to allow, and not something I can allow or forbid. Let us hear them out. Helgen has said that he may know something we do not. Give them an opportunity to detail out their plan, what is the harm in that? If they have a place to begin then we can face the King with a plan, not only one we have decided upon, but one we can tell him it is underway. Two from my lands, and two from Henri’s, Sir Henri’s, forgive me, Sir Henri. Sir Guisse, is there not one more of your retinue you would spare?”

Sir Guisse looks at Lady Inarossa, and then turns his eyes to Sir Henri, who gives the older Dwarf a wide grin.

“It is a plan, not yet do we know what they know, or what they think they can accomplish, but it is closer than we were to a plan than we were an hour ago,” Sir Henri says.

Sir Guisse turns his whole body away from the other two Knights and casts his gaze out across the restaurant. A strong wind suddenly blows off of the north beach, flapping the canvas above the tables noisily. He raises his hand slowly and points at a table near the western edge of the restaurant. He points at a Dwarven woman who sits, seemingly oblivious to things going on. She is a large Dwarven woman. She is sitting with her elbows on the table and she is leaning over her plate. Her size would tell you that she is a healthy eater, but she is not a messy eater and she picks, delicately at the tomatoes and shrimp on the plate in front of her, not bothering to use a fork. You can only see her head, and shoulders, the rest of her bulk is hidden behind the table. You can see her hair, and it is a strange color, not brown and not yellow, more like the color of dirty rain water. She wears her hair in a thick braid that starts at the top of her head and passes down behind her out of sight. Around her there are other Dwarves who have noticed Sir Guisse ointing at her, and one of them timidly steps next to the woman and nudges her with his elbow. When she looks up you see her face for the first time. Her face is clean. Her skin is a pale, almost an alabaster white. Her head is round, her nose to small for her face, and her lips are thick and seem to be too large for her face. Her eyes are strangely light blue in color, almost grey.

“Atharessa Deloui,” Sir Guisse says when he knows he has the woman’s attention. “Get to you feet, girl, and come over here. I have a task for you.”

When Atharessa stands you see that she is much larger than you thought at first. She is, as the bard might say, “As wide from hip to hip as she is from tip to tip.” She stands only about as tall as any regular Dwarven woman, maybe four and a half feet at the most, but she must weigh two hundred fifty pounds. But what she lacks in shape, she makes up for in form. She is not built like some farmer’s wife, all heavy in the bottom, no, she is well proportioned with thick arms and wide shoulders. She wears the armor of a household guard. She bends over, which looks to you like it is no effort at all, and picks up a spear from the ground next to the table and then strides purposefully toward Sir Guise.

“My lord,” she says, and you are surprised at the sound of her voice. She speaks clearly, and the sound of her voice is not what you would expect. Her voice is deep and throaty. “How should I serve you this day, my Lord?”

“These people,” Sir Guisse says waving his hand across the group of you, “are going to go on a mission to find out if there is a source of the plague that is causing the rash of attacks by creatures from beyond the grave. Mazrim, here” he points at Mazrin, “and you will go with them as representatives of my household. What do you say to this?”

Atharessa’s expression goes blank and her mouth opens slightly.

“Well?” Sir Guisse asks. “Your family pledged your services to me. Did they not?”

“But,” Atharessa stammers.

“It is settled,” Sir Guisse barks. “There, two of my retinue to match the two of yours. Now tell me, which one of you will speak for the group, eh? What will you do? Where will you go? And most importantly, as there is no doubt, what are you going to ask of us, eh? Don’t presume too much. I will give 200 silver, and no more.”

“Yes, tells us what you know, and what you hope o discover?” Lady Inarossa asks.

While all of this has been going on, Sir Henri has been moving slowly toward Hallister. When he is standing right next to Hallister, he puts one arm around Hallister’s shoulder, and shakes him in a sort of congratulatory way, but when he is certain that no one is watching, he leans his mouth close to Hallister’s ear and whispers,

Hallister:
”Say no more about the things you have done. Do not speak about secret orders and the path you follow. I will not have this association of yours become connected with my family’s name. If you shame this house, you will be turned out, make no mistake about that. Watch them all, and remember where your loyalties lie. You will report to me everything you learn before you go running back to those champions of the shadow seeker who you call your friends.”


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 13 | THP 11 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +1 | R +1 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +3/+4 v Surprise

Helgen seems momentarily taken aback that they are expected to produce a plan on the spot based on his comments, but he quickly gathers himself and starts talking. "Well, we know that there are undead streaming down out of the Varidau Mountains and attacking our settlements. That old oracle spoke in prophecy and riddles, but he seems to think this has something to do with a hidden palace somewhere in Witch's Valley. Possibly to do with the old stories of the Vampire Queen. I'm not sure if I can believe that, but we do need to find out what's going on. I propose we attempt to track the plague to its source, and deal with it there. The goblins in the mountains are probably experiencing similar problems, and might be willing to help us. If nothing else, we can rule out Witch's Valley. We're not asking for much here, just some basic gear and a chance." He finishes, then looks a bit surprised that he was able to not make an ass of himself again.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 37/37, AC 18/21, CMD 13, Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +7, Init +3, Per +8, Punish 1/1

Hallister turns slowly to the man that had taken him in and offered him hospitality. The man who had asked for his aid a year previous when the undead had begun advancing on town within his borders. He bored his pale eyes into Sir Henri, trying to drive the weight of his thoughts through his stare.

My loyalties are to one far greater than you, you godsdamned idiot. Keep up this stupidity and you'll meet him sooner rather than later. You asked for my help, the help of my order, because no one else would or could. I told you what you were up against a year ago, and you did nothing! Now you send me with striplings, a priest and a cripple to face the greatest evil our land has ever known. I know what lies in that valley and under that mountain...

He stared for a few long moments, but finally said only "Yes. Sir."


M Dwarf Rogue 4, Init 5(7), P9(10traps), HP 30/30, AC 15(16), 13 T, 10 FF, Save F: 3(5 pos/sp), R: 7, W: 3

Rownig stands there swaying watching Helgren respond, nodding his head in agreement, "Seems like a guud plan."


Male Dwarf Fighter (Lore Warden 2)/Cavalier(hunt master1) HP 36 / Init +3 / AC 15 / Per +6

"I agree with Helgen, if the six of us can find something that will help against this plague everyone gains, but if we fail or find nothing then you have risked almost nothing."


HP 37/37, AC 18/21, CMD 13, Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +7, Init +3, Per +8, Punish 1/1

With a glint in his eye, Halister continued to look at Sir Henri, but answered Sir Guisse.

"Lord Guisse, you offer two hundred silver for this expedition. You were adamant that your numbers match the numbers of your fellow nobles. Does that mean you expect my lord and Lady Inarosa to match your monetary contribution?"

If Henri wants to act like a fool, he's at least going to pay for it.


HP 13 | THP 11 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +1 | R +1 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +3/+4 v Surprise

"I've seen nobles in the Capital spend more than two hundred silver on a ball. Are you sure you want to be remembered as the knights who couldn't afford to keep Karrita Moirana from being overrun by undead hordes?" Helgen asks the knights with a dubious expression on his face.

Can I use my 22 diplomacy from the discussion here? That's what it was intended for, and I probably won't roll that well again.

"In any case, what do you say to our plan? Time is of the essence. Will you present it to the king?"


HP 37/37, AC 18/21, CMD 13, Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +7, Init +3, Per +8, Punish 1/1

Award to least diplomatic diplomacy check ever goes to the above post. :)


M Dwarf Rogue 4, Init 5(7), P9(10traps), HP 30/30, AC 15(16), 13 T, 10 FF, Save F: 3(5 pos/sp), R: 7, W: 3

"Milady, you have always looked after me family, permit me and this group to go out and look after this kingdom. Provide the resources and we will do everyone here honor." Rownig lets out a loud gaseous noise as he completes his statement.

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2


HP 13 | THP 11 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +1 | R +1 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +3/+4 v Surprise
Hallister Silverspike wrote:
Award to least diplomatic diplomacy check ever goes to the above post. :)

Lol. I figure they seem to be very conscious of what people think of them, a little shame is a good motivator.


HP 37/37, AC 18/21, CMD 13, Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +7, Init +3, Per +8, Punish 1/1

And I thought I was tactless. These kids're gonna wind up shackled b'fore we c'n make it outta here.

Giving Sir Henri a look of exasperation and hopelessness at what he was being forced to deal with, Hallister just shook his head and sighed.

"Nevermind. Ah wouldn't pay fer us neither."


M Dwarf Rogue 4, Init 5(7), P9(10traps), HP 30/30, AC 15(16), 13 T, 10 FF, Save F: 3(5 pos/sp), R: 7, W: 3

I rolled a 2 when speaking to my Lord; of course, something non-social emerged from the dwarf


male

“Your nephew seems to have a plan in mind,” Sir Henri says. “Lady Inarossa, I will match Sir Guisse’s offer, of two hundred silver, and the equipment of the King’s Guard that is standard for a Dwarf in my retinue, a suit of Ring Mail, Taligur return to the inn and fetch your armor, it should fit one of these brave young ones, and a spear, and short sword. My Daughter will wear her family armor, chain, and she will take her bow. What say you, Lady?”

Lady Inarossa puts her hands behind her back and walks in a slow circle around the six of you that are present. “A brave group, indeed,” she says, “And with a goal, and a plan. I accept the offer, and will match the contribution of two hundred silvers, one suit of armor, a spear, and a sword. Will you also provide them with armor and weapons, Sir Guisse?”

“Atharessa will keep her armor, and her weapons, and for this one,” he points at Mazram, “he shall have a chain shirt to match Sir Henri’s champion. Go to the inn where our people are lodged and see Galfore, Atharessa will go with you and she will tell him what you need. Here, Taloz, bring me two hundred silver.”

A square jawed Dwarf in Sir Guisse’s retinue comes over to the table near where you are all gathered. After reaching into a shoulder sack, he pulls out four small belt pouches and sets them in a heap on the table.

“There, two hundred silvers, for supplies, food, or whatever you think you may need,” Sir Guisse says.

Sir Henri snaps his fingers and another Dwarf, one of Sir Henri’s personal Guard, does the same, and then Lady Inarossa speaks to a Dwarf in her retinue, and has to ask a second Dwarf, but soon she too produces four small pouches. In all there are twelve small pouches on the table, six hundred silver.

“State your names,” Sir Guisse says loudly, “and each of our scribes will take them down, and from this day forward you will be the Company of the Seven of the Three Townships, serve each other well, as best as you can. When we go before the King today we will tell him that you have set out to find the source of this plague. We will ask the King for two months time before we come again, and when we do we will know more than we do now, or we will know that you have failed.”

“Do not send them off on that!” Lady Inarossa says. “Here, let me be the first to offer you my pledge and my bond, that for so long as you serve the Kingdom, and the Empire, and fight to discover an end to this terrible curse, you will have the support of my house. Go with the protection of Denari, and the blessings of all your ancestors. We will return to our counties and wait for your return. But, yes, two months should be as long as we can ask the King to be patient, return sooner, as soon as you know something, be careful, and look out for each other. Good luck.”

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric 1

Azram finally speaks up, Thank you Lady, for your blessing and supplies. We will try our best to find the source of this plague.


M Dwarf Rogue 4, Init 5(7), P9(10traps), HP 30/30, AC 15(16), 13 T, 10 FF, Save F: 3(5 pos/sp), R: 7, W: 3

Bowing low to the Lords,"Thank ye Lords, we shall serve proudly and with honor." A grim look on his face when he stands upright.


HP 37/37, AC 18/21, CMD 13, Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +7, Init +3, Per +8, Punish 1/1

Hallister bowed slightly and said nothing. If nothing else they would be well outfitted.


Male Dwarf Fighter (Lore Warden 2)/Cavalier(hunt master1) HP 36 / Init +3 / AC 15 / Per +6

"Thank you my Lords, my Lady. We will not fail you."

Stepping away and turning towards his new companions to speak to them quietly. "We should probably take some time to settle our own things before we get ready to set off. Maybe we should meet up here, say tomorrow morning?"


M Dwarf Rogue 4, Init 5(7), P9(10traps), HP 30/30, AC 15(16), 13 T, 10 FF, Save F: 3(5 pos/sp), R: 7, W: 3

"Aye,' nodding in agreement. "Morning to break the fast,"


HP 13 | THP 11 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +1 | R +1 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +3/+4 v Surprise

"Thank you kind lords, and my lady" Helgen says with a deep bow from the waist. "We do not take this sacred duty lightly, we will return only once we have succeeded." He turns to follow Mazrim a few steps away. "Sounds good to me. I should probably inform my father of what I have chosen, and see to my affairs. I will be back here at the dawn bell tomorrow morning."

Helgen will spend the rest of the day getting his affairs in order. He will buy a horse if possible with his share of the silver. Also the following items:
-Backpack 300 copper
-Silk Rope 50' 2000 copper
-Wineskin 125 copper
-Bedroll 50 copper
-Signal whistle 5 copper
-Rations 14 days 35 copper


Total:25 silver 15 copper


M Dwarf Rogue 4, Init 5(7), P9(10traps), HP 30/30, AC 15(16), 13 T, 10 FF, Save F: 3(5 pos/sp), R: 7, W: 3

Rownig will sense motive with Lady Inarossa, to see her intentions with the equipment and silver pieces:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

As far as providing silver to group, Rownig would freely do this. No need to starve the group from needed equipment. He would freely offer up the short swords and/spears, there not his weapons of choice.

If the sense motive does not succeed, Rownig will wait for a quiet moment alone with Lady Inarossa, then ask her intentions for equipment and what she expects from him.


M Dwarf Rogue 4, Init 5(7), P9(10traps), HP 30/30, AC 15(16), 13 T, 10 FF, Save F: 3(5 pos/sp), R: 7, W: 3

Rownig will search out in the black market a place to pick up masterwork thieves tool. Tell the merchant, 'Ay, I'm the locksmithy and small mechanical man with me Lady's House, need to get new tools to bring back down to her lands. May as well pick up new 'quiment here."

Diplo: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


M Dwarf Rogue 4, Init 5(7), P9(10traps), HP 30/30, AC 15(16), 13 T, 10 FF, Save F: 3(5 pos/sp), R: 7, W: 3

Rownig stealthly slips the old lady 10 SP for the vial then he will palm the vial and lip it in his tunic.

Stealth: 1d20 ⇒ 16

He nods and bosws slightly.

DM:
Make Rownig the offer he can not refuse regarding the tools.


M Dwarf Rogue 4, Init 5(7), P9(10traps), HP 30/30, AC 15(16), 13 T, 10 FF, Save F: 3(5 pos/sp), R: 7, W: 3

Rownig sitting at the table waiting for his Lady to approach. he stands politely and bows as she approaches."Me Lady just a few moments of yer time..."

Conversation:
" Me Lady, first, let me thank you for selecting me for this honor, ye have no fear that I will get to the bottom of this, or die trying. Is there anything of particular that ye would like me to keep an eye out fer?" "Is there anything I need to be knowin' 'bout this undead queen, that hasn't been mentioned?" Waiting for the answer then continuing when appropriate,"Are ye alright with Helgen goin', seems like a guud laddie, 'earts in the right place." Then finishing up with "Do ye require me and the members from yer House, includin' Helgen...pausing...he and his papa don't get along well I sense, to be buyin armor or will ye be providin' it?" Stopping before adding, "Can't rightly buy armor without the King's or a Lord's blessin' either."


male

Lady Inarossa speaks quietly to Rownig, Other player character’s can over hear this conversation on a perception check with a DC of 17

Rownig:
”There is no time to explain,” Lady Inarossa says while maintaining a smile that is obviously meant to hide her intensity. “I have no reason to tell you this, but as you and those others have found a reason to throw yourselves into this mess, I’m afraid I must. Each of us, Sir Henri, Sir Guisse and I, have already sent expeditions into the mountains, weeks ago, and none of us have heard from them. I suspect that Sir Guisse played you all for fools. He must believe that his support, publicly for the six of you, will buy him more time to wait for the return of his own people. It is no secret, Sir Henri and I are both aware, that Sir Guisse hopes to come out of this looking like a leader, and like the one who has solved this problem, but exactly what he hopes to achieve by backing you and your associates, I can’t fathom. Watch the others closely. Learn as much from them about what is happening in their houses as you learn about the mystery of the walking dead. I cannot provide you with any arms or armor, I have exhausted all I can spare. Half of my retinue travels without armor, and there is nothing I can do to help you. The money I have given you is all I can spare. About Helgen, I’m not sure what to make of this. His father, my brother, is a wise but careful fellow, I would not suspect he would raise a son to be adventurous, and perhaps there is something more to him than he is letting on. Save some of the money. I have heard that there are bandits in the mountains and some of them can be easily bribed. Some of them may even have armor to sell, if you can get on their good side. Good luck, Rownig.

Rownig’s offer, other player character’s cannot know this information.

Rownig:
A locksmith, Iralli Tholo, offers you a masterwork set of tools in exchange for this; he tells you that he has a brother, the brother’s name is Navalli Tholo, and he once served in the house of Sir Guisse, but when his pay was reduced, he abandoned his wife and children and became a bandit. The Kingdom has placed a ransom on Navalli’s head, of 50 gold coins. Navalli stole a charm from their mother. It is an amulet, on a silver chain, in the shape of thorny vine entwined around a wagon wheel. The amulet can grant the wearer immunity from spells that hold or impede the person wearing it. Iralli wants the amulet returned to him, and he doesn’t care how you get it. He does not know exactly where his brother can be found, but he suspects that if you reach Witch’s Valley, you can find him. He makes it very clear that if he hears you have returned, and you do not have the amulet, he will be very upset, and in no uncertain terms he suggests that it will be better for his family if Navalli is not arrested by the King’s men, and publicly hanged. It would be better, for everyone, if his brother had an accident, and was never heard from again. Now, as a good character, accepting this offer puts you in a very difficult spot. You might hope that you can find a way to fulfill Iralli’s request without resorting to murder, but now that you have agreed to hear the offer, you are already in a difficult position. Good luck with this one.

About Sir Henri’s Daughter, Moralane

She is well known, at least in rumors, as a strikingly beautiful, rugged, and strong willed Dwarven girl.

Within Sir Henri’s house some things are said about her, that are not publicly known

Hallister:
Moralane is young, only 26 years old. Her relationship with her father is strained. It is whispered that her father sent away a young Dwarf that Moralane had romantic feelings for, and that he may have died, or been left castaway on an uninhabited island to the south of Karrita Morianna. She does not say much, and is known to have a bad temper. She has a strong, very curvaceous shape, thick calves, and square shoulders. Her face is fair, her eyes bright and blue, and her nose unusually small, for a Dwarf. She has short straight black hair that she wears cut square at the base of her neck, and she has thick bangs (what we would call a “Prince Valliant” cut). She can shoot a bow, and she spends a lot of time in the woods just outside of her father’s home. She is disdainful and critical of people who talk or act in a romantic way, and scorns people who believe in true love. You have talked with her a few times and she is not rude, more aloof than anything else. She has shown a curiosity about the mysterious Dwarves who hunt undead creatures, but at the same time has a healthy fear of the undead.

About Atharessa Deloui

She is unknown outside of the Guisse retinue, but there are things Mazrim will know about her

Mazrim:
Atharessa’s family incurred some extraordinary debt to Sir Guisse. She has not talked to anyone about what that may be, but she often will say that her family was saved from poverty because she was allowed to serve as guard at a town gate at Westfork. She is not known to be very skilled with any kind of weapon, but there is a rumor that she has a good singing voice, and often entertains the guards in Westfork at a tavern called, “The Green Bonnet”. Athareesa, if that is her real name, is not shy and can be a pleasant person to talk to, but she does not like questions about her family. The name “Atharessa” means “Abundant” ,or also “Tightly grouped”, “Flowers”, and is often used to describe an overgrowth of Athara bushes.

At the Resturant

A troop of Dwarves, all wearing scale mail, and carrying Halberds, approach the restaurant from the east. At the head of the troop is a herald. He is a middle aged dwarf, bald headed, with a braided beard and a coat of fine wool, colored blue and green. He wears a belt, across his chest that is tooled, red leather, wide, and studded with badges. When the troop stops, just at the edge of the restaurant where the tables begin, the herald glances from one face to the next, across the crowd, and then when he recognizes the three Knights, he leaves the troop, boldly striding through the crowded restaurant, raises his left hand with his palm extended outward and says loudly, “The King will receive the Knights, Inarossa, Vessocho, and Guisse, in the lower Chamber of Court, two hours from now. Each Knight shall be allowed to bring one retainer, no more, and each will be allowed to address the king, in turn, by order of her Majesty, Queen Rosalinda Gloriann Fredrosse.” He turns away from the Knights immediately after delivering the announcement, and walks quickly back to the troop, who in turn, one row after another, execute a sharp about face, clicking their hard boots against the stone of the wall walk, and then they all march off to the east.

The Knights begin to move about, and have apparently decided that anymore discussion between them and you is unnecessary. The Knights go about, from one retainer to another, more senior individuals in the retinue than yourselves, and issue orders. The can be overheard telling Dwarves to gather the rest of the retainers and wait at certain locations across the city, be ready to depart as quickly as possible, and to gather banners and scribes to be ready to march to the Kings palace within the hour.

The six of you, Helgen, Rownig, Azram, Mazrim, Atharessa, and Hallister, come together into a group and quickly discuss a plan to spread out, in teams of two, and gather supplies. You all agree to meet just after sunrise on the west road, which leaves the capitol, near the watch tower that you all can see from this wall. A Dwarven woman, wearing a robe, and carrying a large satchel under her left arm, approaches Hallister and says, “I can tell Moralane to meet the rest of you tomorrow, or if you would have me tell her to meet you somewhere in the city tonight, I can do that.”

Hallister recognizes the woman as one of Sir Henri’s scribes. Her name is Ophinaia, and she often delivers letters from Sir Henri to towns and villages in his county. She is a friend of Moralane’s.

Atharessa hovers near Mazrim, staying behind him, and too his left. She does not make any requests, and when others speak she pays close attention to what is being said.


M Dwarf Rogue 4, Init 5(7), P9(10traps), HP 30/30, AC 15(16), 13 T, 10 FF, Save F: 3(5 pos/sp), R: 7, W: 3

Rownig would accept Lady Inarossa's explanation and branch off with Azram with him to go obtain a few more items.

GM Questions and RP:
After his meeting with Lady Inarossa is it possible to search the black market for armor? If not, he will take his chance to see if the bandits may have some. armor diplo: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 Do you want me to keep track of equiping Azram, which is why I took him with Rownig.

The other matter DM ONLY:
Rownig would take the tools, state that "he will look into it and handle the matter appropriately."Plenty of wiggle room in that request even being a good character.


Male Dwarf Fighter (Lore Warden 2)/Cavalier(hunt master1) HP 36 / Init +3 / AC 15 / Per +6

Turning to Antheressa "So since we're going to be travelling together we may as well get to know each other.."

Mazrim will head off in search of supplies while making small talk with Antheressa.


HP 37/37, AC 18/21, CMD 13, Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +7, Init +3, Per +8, Punish 1/1

"First light tomorrow." Hallister says simply. "Tell her t' come packed an' ready t' go."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric 1

Azram speaks quietly to Rownig:

Azram to Rownig:
All I need is some armor (chain shirt), a silver holy symbol of Dennari, and a bedroll. Travel light i suppose.


M Dwarf Rogue 4, Init 5(7), P9(10traps), HP 30/30, AC 15(16), 13 T, 10 FF, Save F: 3(5 pos/sp), R: 7, W: 3

Speaking to Azram, "Ye don't eat? Ye need sacks to carry stuff, backpack, how 'bou pick or an axe? Pausing for bit, taking a long drag on his pipe the scent of cherry spice filling the air, "Now that um armor, may be a bit tough gettin' here, but I've a guud feelin' we can get that on the road." Smiling and slapping Azram on the back.

Take a look a the basic supplies that I listed in the discussion. They are general necessities. You seem the silent type, but more frequent contact with the group would help. Post daily and more than a one liner. Some conversation, and general body expression/emotion will give us something to work with. We want you play and be more active on PBP, you just need to help us.


HP 13 | THP 11 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +1 | R +1 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +3/+4 v Surprise

Helgen will approach Rownig at some point in the bustle of everyone getting prepared. "Rownig, excuse me for a moment. I know I'm not officially part of the Lady's retinue, but I plan on accompanying you on your journey. Could I have 30 silver for some basic supplies? I will return any that is left over in the morning when we meet." Helgen appears to be ashamed at having to beg for his money, but he is determined to be a part of this.

Assuming Rownig says yes, I will thank him profusely and hustle off to get the items I listed in the above post. Then make my way home to leave a note with my father's steward or my sisters. Then I will rent a cheap room in an inn near our meeting place, and be ready to travel at first light. Hopefully I'm not jumping the gun again, but it doesn't appear that I need to do anything with the King.


M Dwarf Rogue 4, Init 5(7), P9(10traps), HP 30/30, AC 15(16), 13 T, 10 FF, Save F: 3(5 pos/sp), R: 7, W: 3

Rownig looks at Helgen slaps him hard on the left shoulder and chuckles, "Damn glad to have you 'long, pulling out one of the 50SP pouches and hands it over. Get ye'self 'quiped."Pausing for a second, "How 'bout ye join us for dinner tonight and a few meads.' pointing back and forth the between Azram and himself.


HP 13 | THP 11 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +1 | R +1 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +3/+4 v Surprise

"I'd be happy to friend. Thank you so much. I'm planning on staying in the (insert Inn name here) tonight, we could meet there in a few hours?" He asks, returning the friendly shoulder slap. Rownig notices that smacking Helgen is like smacking a glass sculpture. Whatever magical suit is covering his body is quite hard.


M Dwarf Rogue 4, Init 5(7), P9(10traps), HP 30/30, AC 15(16), 13 T, 10 FF, Save F: 3(5 pos/sp), R: 7, W: 3

"See ye at dinner time." turns aways and takes Azram with him. "That laddie has one hard shoulder, flexing his hand.


male

Helgen moves off to supply himself, but has a strange feeling he is being followed.

(He could make an active perception check, but if he does he knows he might risk giving away the fact that he has sensed something unusual).

As Mazrim and Atharessa move off, Mazrim finds that although she is, in some ways, rather odd, she has a winning smile, listen intently, and is rather pleasant company. When she hears him mention that he still would feel better about the journey if he had one of those, “nice pole arms of one of the King's Men”, he notices that Atharessa gets a odd look in her eye, smiles, but doesn’t say anything about it. When they have found the things Mazrim is certain he will need, Atharessa asks to be excused from his company, telling him that she wants to return to the inn where she had been staying, the same in where Mazrim is staying, and make certain she has written a short note to her parents, that she will ask someone else to deliver for her, and also say goodbye to a few people, organize her things, and get a good night’s sleep. It is just past the middle of the afternoon when she ask this.

Hallister begins thinking a bit more critically about what they are getting themselves into, and sets off across the city looking for things that the others may have not thought they will need.

Rownig and Azram set off to buy their own supplies.


M Dwarf Rogue 4, Init 5(7), P9(10traps), HP 30/30, AC 15(16), 13 T, 10 FF, Save F: 3(5 pos/sp), R: 7, W: 3

"Young man,"speaking nearly fatherly like to the priest,"I know ye don't want to be burden with expenses...but...don't ye worry, we got plenty of coin to make sure you have proper gear. We just need to get ye gear like what I have." With that Rownig woudl help Azram get the items previously posted.

What is the ruling of the obtaining a few vials of holy water? I would think this would be staple for any priest and probably part of a communion type kit.

101 to 150 of 2,083 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Terquem's "Palace of the Vampire Queen" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.