[PFS] Master of the Fallen Fortress - OP Romp [RD] (Inactive)

Game Master Andrew Harasty

MotFF OP Table Map


1 to 50 of 224 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

PFS 1-39 Citadel of Flame *-* SFS 1-12 Ashes of Discovery *-* III *-*

You are in Absalom, the mighty City at the Center of the World, and you’ve always longed to explore one of the countless ruins of failed conquerors that litter the plains outside the city’s walls.

You’ve heard rumors that one of the sealed siege castles has been laid open by a minor earthquake. Word on the street is that no one has yet entered the tower, which folks are calling the “Fallen Fortress.” What better way to start a life of excitement and adventure than by exploring its long-abandoned, dusty halls and perhaps claiming its ancient treasures?

MAP OP

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Samurai (Sword Saint) 3 | HP 28/28 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +7, CMD 19 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +4 | Perc: +1, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none. | Challenge 1/day

"Good day to all of you!" You can see a strong man in Kikko armor with katana. He is not a pretty one, and not even smart.
"Are you guys ready for this!?"

Scarab Sages

Male LN human cleric 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 | CMB:3 CMD:15 | Saves F:+3 R:+2 W:+4 | Init:+2 | Per:+7 | SM: +6 | Active Conditions: 2 STR damage
Spells Memorized:
1st: divine favor (x2), enlarge person[D] | 0: detect magic, light, stabilize

A massive Vudrani man walks up wearing leather armor and carrying a longspear. A blue, slightly glowing symbol of Irori rests on his bald head. He nods to the large man with the katana.

"Yes," he says. "The quest for perfection has begun."

You notice he wears a long braided piece of hair around his neck. A sheen of sweat occupies his forehead as well, as if he has just come from training.

Savaro performs his deific obedience to Irori each morning, training with his longspear, walking the marketplaces and perusing any book he has not read, and finally braiding a length of the hair he cut off in his devotion, the same length he wears around his neck.

Sovereign Court

Male CN Human (Varisian) Unchained Rogue (knife master) 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +0 | Init: +9 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

An older man, probably mid-forties, stands leaning against a wall nearby. His hair is dark, his skin olive, and his eyes a piercing green. He finishes trimming his fingernail with a dagger, flips it around in his hand, and sheathes it at his waist, pushing himself off the wall.

"Might as well get a move on, eh? There's adventure to be had, and all that!" His voice betrays mock excitement, as if he's not really in it for the adventure.

"Name's Marcello, for what it's worth."

Scarab Sages

Male LN human cleric 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 | CMB:3 CMD:15 | Saves F:+3 R:+2 W:+4 | Init:+2 | Per:+7 | SM: +6 | Active Conditions: 2 STR damage
Spells Memorized:
1st: divine favor (x2), enlarge person[D] | 0: detect magic, light, stabilize

The Vudrani man nods. "Savaro."

Scarab Sages

PFS 1-39 Citadel of Flame *-* SFS 1-12 Ashes of Discovery *-* III *-*

A man with a noticeable limp walks in and towards you. He clothing would be considered the height of fashion, about a century ago. He voice is low and wispy with a strong Ustalavian accent. "Oh good, many of you have responded to my notice. Yes? Well, it is still quite simple. There is a crumbling tower near hear that has long been abandoned, that has an artifact of significant importance. A rare and valuable McGuffin. I would go myself, my adventuring days are behind me." He notions towards his left leg. "But, you are all young, healthy, and uncursed. You should have no problems. Aside from any other spoils you find, I offer you this sum of gold for return of the valuable McGuffin."

The Exchange

Male CG Half-orc Bloodrager 1 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 14 | CMB +6, CMD 13 | F: +7, R: +4, W: +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +2, SM: -2 | Speed: 30ft | Rage: 7/7 | AoO: 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

A large half-orc walks up as the man explains what is going on. With a nod and a grunt he answers, "Tower, artifact, and gold. Got it. Lead the way."

While you get ready you can see that the orc appears to be extremely muscular and also appears to have used the majority of his words up already. Kossar doesn't say anything further and busies himself checking over a multitude of weapons. Before you leave you see him look over a horsechopper, a lucerne hammer, a light flail, and an assortment of knives. Each weapon while obviously well used and accustomed to the sight of blood are well maintained.

Kossar would be excited to be ther first through every door. Maybe waiting for a perception check before rapidly moving to opening the door and walking in. Hammering any door that doesn't open. Unless someone says otherwise. He will follow the orders of anyone who seems anthorative, to a degree.

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Samurai (Sword Saint) 3 | HP 28/28 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +7, CMD 19 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +4 | Perc: +1, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none. | Challenge 1/day

"Can you tell us what threats can we expect in the fortress?" ask Naruhito.

Sovereign Court

Male CN Human (Varisian) Unchained Rogue (knife master) 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +0 | Init: +9 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
Ustalavian man wrote:
There is a crumbling tower near hear that has long been abandoned, that has an artifact of significant importance. A rare and valuable McGuffin.

"Ahh, I love a good McGuffin. Especially a valuable McGuffin. I always seem to lose interest in them in the end though..."

Scarab Sages

PFS 1-39 Citadel of Flame *-* SFS 1-12 Ashes of Discovery *-* III *-*

The man turns to Marcello "Rare and valuable!"

The scholar looks up at Naruhito. "Oh most likely the usual. Goblins, or Kobolds. They like to take over ruined towers. Maybe Sahuagins, but it is a bit of the ways from the coast, though there could be a under ground river under it. Yes most likely." He pauses for a moment and looks around cautiously. The in a hushed tone. "And possibly bees. These old towers tend to have apiaries. Feral bees!" He shudders at the idea and seems hesitant to talk further as rubs his bad leg while seeming to recall some bad memory.

After a moment. "But you are all strong enough, you should have no problems!"

The Exchange

Male CG Half-orc Bloodrager 1 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 14 | CMB +6, CMD 13 | F: +7, R: +4, W: +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +2, SM: -2 | Speed: 30ft | Rage: 7/7 | AoO: 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

"We are leaving now," says Kossar loudly as he finishes stowing his final weapon. He then starts walking and swings his pack onto his back.

Sovereign Court

Male CN Human (Varisian) Unchained Rogue (knife master) 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +0 | Init: +9 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"My goodness, Kossar. I didn't take you for a leader-type, but I've underestimated you. Shall we get to it, lads?"

Marcello looks around at the others before following silently behind the large half-orc. Rather than returning his dagger to his belt, he draws a second one, hidden in his boot, and twirls them around his fingers as he moves.

Scarab Sages

PFS 1-39 Citadel of Flame *-* SFS 1-12 Ashes of Discovery *-* III *-*

The Tower itself is a about an hour travel out of Absalom. And easy to find with the directions you were given.

The ruined siege castle now being called the Fallen Fortress rises out of the churned earth of the Cairnlands. No doors or windows mar the otherwise smooth expanse of the tower’s walls. The tower is quatrefoil in plan; its eastern wing has largely collapsed, exposing the interior floors to the open air. Only the topmost level seems whole, though its eastern portion hangs precariously over the mountain of rubble left by the collapse. At ground level, the rubble frames a gaping hole in the side of the building that provides access to the tower’s darkened interior.

See MAP The rubble areas are difficult terrain. You may place yourselves anywhere up to the base of the rubble area.

Dark Archive

NG Female Human (Varisian) Psychic 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13 T 13 FF 12 | CMD 11 | F +1 R +1 W +4 | Init +1 | Perc +5 SM +5 | 1st 1/5 | Phrenic Pool 2/2 | Physical Push 0/2 | 30 ft | Active Effects: Sickened (-2)

A small Varisian woman with long, dark hair enters. She wears a simple traveling robe and carries a walking stick. "Apologies for my tardiness. I took a wrong turn down the street," she says with a shy smile. "I am Lesya."

EDIT: Map link is View only.

Scarab Sages

PFS 1-39 Citadel of Flame *-* SFS 1-12 Ashes of Discovery *-* III *-*

Fixed. I had it edit for the other table but missed this one.

Dark Archive

NG Female Human (Varisian) Psychic 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13 T 13 FF 12 | CMD 11 | F +1 R +1 W +4 | Init +1 | Perc +5 SM +5 | 1st 1/5 | Phrenic Pool 2/2 | Physical Push 0/2 | 30 ft | Active Effects: Sickened (-2)

She follows Kossar toward the tower and the stops, stepping to the side to see around the large half-orc's form. "Interesting. I wonder if we could climb to the top."

Scarab Sages

PFS 1-39 Citadel of Flame *-* SFS 1-12 Ashes of Discovery *-* III *-*

A quick assessment of the structure, the exterior walls are amazingly smooth and of superior masonry. Climbing all the way to the top floor that would would be a very difficult challenge. The collapsed section would be easier to climb, but that only gives you access to the first four floors. Each floor is 15 feet.

Scarab Sages

Male LN human cleric 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 | CMB:3 CMD:15 | Saves F:+3 R:+2 W:+4 | Init:+2 | Per:+7 | SM: +6 | Active Conditions: 2 STR damage
Spells Memorized:
1st: divine favor (x2), enlarge person[D] | 0: detect magic, light, stabilize

Savaro directs his gaze at the others forming their small fellowship. Good, people of action, he thinks. This is my kind of job. He follows the large half-orc without a word, walking with his spear resting on his shoulder. His movements are precise, measured. When they encounter crowds, he moves through them like water. When they move out of the city gates and into the hinterland, he breathes in, fills his lungs with fresh air.

Now we will see their prowess.

He produces a grappling hook and rope from his bag and shows it to the others and says, breaking his silence, "This macguffin that we seek, it is natural to keep such things at the top. Let us climb the ruined portion and make our way up. You, Kossar, and Naruhito seem to be the strongest arms, so you could throw it and latch it on somewhere."

Sovereign Court

Male CN Human (Varisian) Unchained Rogue (knife master) 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +0 | Init: +9 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Marcello skirts around the edge, more deftly than you'd expect of a man his age. He tries to keep himself at least partially out of view of anyone in the tower, blocked by the rubble.

If possible (not sure how much rubble there actually is), Marcello will use Stealth to keep out of sight.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Scarab Sages

PFS 1-39 Citadel of Flame *-* SFS 1-12 Ashes of Discovery *-* III *-*

As the group moves to set up for their assent, a pack of wild dogs emerge from the southern chamber and start charging Savaro.

Initiative:

Init, Naruhito: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Init, Savaro: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Init, Kossar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Init, Marcello: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Init, Lesya: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Init, Dogs: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Everyone except Kossar can act before the dogs continue their charge towards the Cleric

Sovereign Court

Male CN Human (Varisian) Unchained Rogue (knife master) 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +0 | Init: +9 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Marcello steps carefully on the rubble toward the dogs. With a flick of his wrist, he throws a dagger toward the nearest one, but in his excitement, he aims high and misses.

Move action: Move 15 ft. closer (half speed for difficult terrain).
Standard action: Ranged attack with dagger.

Attack (+1 for PBS): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11
Damage (+1 for PBS): 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Sneak Attack Damage (if dogs aren't aware that I'm there yet): 1d8 ⇒ 3

Scarab Sages

Male LN human cleric 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 | CMB:3 CMD:15 | Saves F:+3 R:+2 W:+4 | Init:+2 | Per:+7 | SM: +6 | Active Conditions: 2 STR damage
Spells Memorized:
1st: divine favor (x2), enlarge person[D] | 0: detect magic, light, stabilize

Savaro's eyes narrow at the beasts. He steps over the rubble and holds out his spear, readying an attack against their charge.

"Come, then."

Readied attack:

Ready attack for when they enter his threatened area (10 ft. reach).

longspear: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
DMG (piercing): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
brace DMG if charged: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Attacks of Opportunity (3 available):

longspear: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
DMG (piercing): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

longspear: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
DMG (piercing): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

longspear: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
DMG (piercing): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Dark Archive

NG Female Human (Varisian) Psychic 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13 T 13 FF 12 | CMD 11 | F +1 R +1 W +4 | Init +1 | Perc +5 SM +5 | 1st 1/5 | Phrenic Pool 2/2 | Physical Push 0/2 | 30 ft | Active Effects: Sickened (-2)

Lasya steps to Kossar's side and concentrates on one of the dogs (green). "Less interesting interlopers than sahuagin."

A piece of stone rubble rises from the ground and flies at the dog (green).

Telekinetic Projectile vs. Green Dog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
B: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Samurai (Sword Saint) 3 | HP 28/28 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +7, CMD 19 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +4 | Perc: +1, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none. | Challenge 1/day

Naruhito moves to the green dog and hits the dog with katana.
Naruhito holds katana with 2 hands.

to hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Scarab Sages

PFS 1-39 Citadel of Flame *-* SFS 1-12 Ashes of Discovery *-* III *-*

The dogs are much smaller than everyone expected. They are loud but very agile and avoid Marcello, Lesya, and Naruhito's attacks.

The three dogs rush up and focus on Naruhito, but one runs though the reach of Savaro and in two quick thrusts is impaled and taken down Using both the ready and one AoO

The two remaining dog bite at Naruhito

Atk, Purple Dog Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Atk, Blue Dog Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

But neither is able to get though the Samurai's armor

Everyone is up again.

Sovereign Court

Male CN Human (Varisian) Unchained Rogue (knife master) 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +0 | Init: +9 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Marcello skirts around the side of the nearest dog, trying to stay as far from its vicious bite as possible. As he moves, a second dagger (one to replace the one he threw) appears in his hand. Once in position, he attacks the distracted dog.

Move Action: Move 10 ft. in difficult terrain (using Acrobatics to avoid AoOs if possible, but I'll take the AoO if necessary)
Swift Action: Draw second dagger from spring-loaded wrist sheath
Standard Action: Attack purple dog

Acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Attack (+2 for flank): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Sneak Attack Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Wow, two 6s and a 2 to start...

Dark Archive

NG Female Human (Varisian) Psychic 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13 T 13 FF 12 | CMD 11 | F +1 R +1 W +4 | Init +1 | Perc +5 SM +5 | 1st 1/5 | Phrenic Pool 2/2 | Physical Push 0/2 | 30 ft | Active Effects: Sickened (-2)

"Quick, eh."

A second piece of rubble rises and flies toward one of the dogs orange.

Telekinetic Projectile: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
B: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Scarab Sages

Male LN human cleric 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 | CMB:3 CMD:15 | Saves F:+3 R:+2 W:+4 | Init:+2 | Per:+7 | SM: +6 | Active Conditions: 2 STR damage
Spells Memorized:
1st: divine favor (x2), enlarge person[D] | 0: detect magic, light, stabilize

Savaro folds his arms around his spear, adopting a lotus position, and begins to chant an ancient, unintelligible rhythm, the blue holy symbol of Irori glowing brightly across his head, the blue also filtering down into the backs of his eyes like wet ink.

Naruhito feels supernatural quickness fill his chest, muscles, and mind.

Using Inquisitor's Direction on Naruhito. The samurai gains the effects of haste for 1 round. 4/5 remaining.

The Exchange

Male CG Half-orc Bloodrager 1 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 14 | CMB +6, CMD 13 | F: +7, R: +4, W: +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +2, SM: -2 | Speed: 30ft | Rage: 7/7 | AoO: 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Not expecting an abandoned tower to contain so many dogs Kossar approaches with his weapons away. Upon seeing the dog he brings to make his move. Wasting no time he moves up behind the closest dog drawing his primitive but wickedly sharp horsechopper while jogging over the loose ground. The distracted dog is an easy target and the powerful two-handed blow connects with the back of the dog. Kossar thinks about how much easier dogs are to slice than horses.

Set up a flank and draw my horse hopper on the move. I have combat reflexes and reach for any attacks of opportunity.
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 191d10 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Samurai (Sword Saint) 3 | HP 28/28 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +7, CMD 19 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +4 | Perc: +1, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none. | Challenge 1/day

"Wow, suddenly I feel so strong!"

Naruhito strikes blue dog with katana.

to hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

And then strikes purpe dog with katana. in flank with Marcello
to hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

The Exchange

Male CG Half-orc Bloodrager 1 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 14 | CMB +6, CMD 13 | F: +7, R: +4, W: +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +2, SM: -2 | Speed: 30ft | Rage: 7/7 | AoO: 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Attacks of Opportunity:

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Scarab Sages

PFS 1-39 Citadel of Flame *-* SFS 1-12 Ashes of Discovery *-* III *-*

Orange was killed last round, I forgot to take it off the map

Marcello moves around and still finds the dogs much more wiley and can not land a hit on the little creature.

Leysa's rock still flies wide of the other dog.

Naruhito swings and takes down one dog, but misses the second with the hasted attack.

Kossar though is able to step up and dispatch the remaining feral beast.

With the wild dogs cleared, the rest of the tower looms silently over the party. As you can make out from your vantage, the southern chamber is mostly full of rubble but was a den for the pack of small dogs. The northern chamber is less cluttered by rubble.

Sovereign Court

Male CN Human (Varisian) Unchained Rogue (knife master) 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +0 | Init: +9 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Marcello walks over to pick up his thrown dagger, replaces it in his wrist-sheath, and sighs heavily.

I'm out of practice. Better get it together or this crew'll think you've lost a step.

The Exchange

Male CG Half-orc Bloodrager 1 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 14 | CMB +6, CMD 13 | F: +7, R: +4, W: +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +2, SM: -2 | Speed: 30ft | Rage: 7/7 | AoO: 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Kossar crouches down to wipe his blade on the cleanest looking dog.
"Up or in?" asks the large half orc while gesturing pointlessly.

Sovereign Court

Male CN Human (Varisian) Unchained Rogue (knife master) 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +0 | Init: +9 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"Don't look at me; I've never been the brains of the operation, if you know what I mean. But I can climb if we need to, don't you worry about that."

It's clear Marcello's confidence and flippancy has waned a bit after his poor first showing.

Scarab Sages

Male LN human cleric 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 | CMB:3 CMD:15 | Saves F:+3 R:+2 W:+4 | Init:+2 | Per:+7 | SM: +6 | Active Conditions: 2 STR damage
Spells Memorized:
1st: divine favor (x2), enlarge person[D] | 0: detect magic, light, stabilize

Overwhelming Prowess indeed, Savaro thinks after the dogs are dispatched.

Savaro feels his god's connection like a pressure change in the air around him. He reconsiders his earlier statements, glancing down at the grappling hook within his pack. He closes his bag and hoists it further up onto his shoulders. "In," he says. "If we are to be tested, then it should be through strength of arms, not climbing pitons."

Walking forward, he picks up a rock among the rubble and speaks to it softly, "Show us the way." Light blooms across the rock's surface and he throws it into the center of the room.

Cast light on a rock to illuminate room 2. Rock shown on map.

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Samurai (Sword Saint) 3 | HP 28/28 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +7, CMD 19 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +4 | Perc: +1, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none. | Challenge 1/day

"Savaro if this power is the work of yours or your god then I am grateful to you. But save it for later when we meet a more powerful enemy."Naruhito bows to Savaro.

"Let's go inside!" says Naruhito to others.

"But before we get in, can anyone check that there are no traps? I will do my best!"

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Sovereign Court

Male CN Human (Varisian) Unchained Rogue (knife master) 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +0 | Init: +9 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"I've dealt with my fair share of traps, let me take a look."

Marcello studies the entrance to the room carefully, and also takes a quick look inside the room without entering.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Scarab Sages

PFS 1-39 Citadel of Flame *-* SFS 1-12 Ashes of Discovery *-* III *-*

Something in the dark:

Hide: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Perception:

Perception Naruhito: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Perception Savaro: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Perception Kossar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Perception Marcello: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Perception Lesya: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

The northern wing of the tower seems to have escaped the worst effects of the collapse, but rubble still litters the floor and everything is covered in a thick layer of stone dust. Thick cobwebs cloak the ceiling and hang down the walls like gossamer tapestries. A single archway stands open in the southwest wall.

The rock illuminates the room and shadows from the debris are cast on walls.

The room is clear of any traps and is otherwise empty.

Sovereign Court

Male CN Human (Varisian) Unchained Rogue (knife master) 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +0 | Init: +9 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"Don't see any traps, but we should be careful all the same."

Marcello steps into the room, daggers drawn, and hugs the wall. He starts to make his way around the walls, looking around for anything he might have missed during his initial, cursory glance.

Dark Archive

NG Female Human (Varisian) Psychic 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13 T 13 FF 12 | CMD 11 | F +1 R +1 W +4 | Init +1 | Perc +5 SM +5 | 1st 1/5 | Phrenic Pool 2/2 | Physical Push 0/2 | 30 ft | Active Effects: Sickened (-2)

Lesya follows behind the Iorian. She peers into the illuminated room full of webs.

"I do not see anything, but be careful. Whatever spun those webs may still be around," the small woman warns. "Consider setting them on fire to be safe."

The Exchange

Male CG Half-orc Bloodrager 1 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 14 | CMB +6, CMD 13 | F: +7, R: +4, W: +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +2, SM: -2 | Speed: 30ft | Rage: 7/7 | AoO: 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Not worrying about the darkness Kossar starts making his was around the bottom floor while people deal with the webs.

Move me around until I spot anything or something spots me.

Scarab Sages

Male LN human cleric 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 | CMB:3 CMD:15 | Saves F:+3 R:+2 W:+4 | Init:+2 | Per:+7 | SM: +6 | Active Conditions: 2 STR damage
Spells Memorized:
1st: divine favor (x2), enlarge person[D] | 0: detect magic, light, stabilize
Naruhito Ichimonji wrote:
"Savaro if this power is the work of yours or your god then I am grateful to you. But save it for later when we meet a more powerful enemy." Naruhito bows to Savaro.

Savaro bows in return. "Do not worry. Irori has given me many gifts with which to aid my companions."

He then follows Kossar, also moving about the room, brandishing his spear. He stays within the radius of light his spell creates.

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Samurai (Sword Saint) 3 | HP 28/28 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +7, CMD 19 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +4 | Perc: +1, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none. | Challenge 1/day

Naruhito follows others.

"Be careful!"

Scarab Sages

PFS 1-39 Citadel of Flame *-* SFS 1-12 Ashes of Discovery *-* III *-*

Random Target: 1d4 ⇒ 3

As if on cue from Lesya saying that you should burn the webs, a burst of webbing is thrown at Kossar

Web Range Touch: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

A sticky web entangles Kossar.

Entangle:

An entangled creature takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls and a –4 penalty on Dexterity, can move at only half speed, and cannot charge or run. If you control the trailing rope by succeeding on an opposed Strength check while holding it, the entangled creature can move only within the limits that the rope allows. If the entangled creature attempts to cast a spell, it must make a concentration check with a DC of 15 + the spell’s level or be unable to cast the spell.

Standard Action Escape Artist or Strength DC 12 to break free

Spider is hanging on ceiling 15’ up. Will need 10' reach to hit.

Initiative:

Init, Naruhito: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Init, Savaro: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Init, Kossar: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 - 2 = 4
Init, Marcello: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Init, Lesya: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Init, Spider: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Kossar is slowed by the web, but everyone else can act before the spider acts again.

Dark Archive

NG Female Human (Varisian) Psychic 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13 T 13 FF 12 | CMD 11 | F +1 R +1 W +4 | Init +1 | Perc +5 SM +5 | 1st 1/5 | Phrenic Pool 2/2 | Physical Push 0/2 | 30 ft | Active Effects: Sickened (-2)

Lesya moves inside of the tower to bring the spider into range. A stone leaps from the floor and flies at the spider's many eyes.

Telekinetic Projectile: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
B: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Scarab Sages

Male LN human cleric 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 | CMB:3 CMD:15 | Saves F:+3 R:+2 W:+4 | Init:+2 | Per:+7 | SM: +6 | Active Conditions: 2 STR damage
Spells Memorized:
1st: divine favor (x2), enlarge person[D] | 0: detect magic, light, stabilize

Savaro springs into action, jabbing his spear at the grotesque creature. He watches for it to move from its place and let down its guard.

longspear: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
DMG (piercing): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Attacks of Opportunity (3 available):

longspear: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
DMG (piercing): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

longspear: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
DMG (piercing): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

longspear: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
DMG (piercing): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Samurai (Sword Saint) 3 | HP 28/28 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +7, CMD 19 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +4 | Perc: +1, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none. | Challenge 1/day

Naruhito throw down his katana, takes out his sling and load it.

Sovereign Court

Male CN Human (Varisian) Unchained Rogue (knife master) 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +0 | Init: +9 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Marcello moves toward the spider, daggers spinning. He stops, plants, and throws one toward the ceiling; this time his aim is true and the blade sinks into the spider. Not waiting to see its reaction, another dagger lands in his empty hand.

Move Action: Move toward the spider
Standard Action: Ranged attack with dagger
Swift Action: Draw second dagger from spring-loaded wrist sheath

Attack (+1 for point-blank shot, -2 for 2nd range increment): 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 1 - 2 = 23
Damage (+1 for point-blank shot): 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5
Critical confirmation: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 - 2 = 11
Critical damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4

Scarab Sages

PFS 1-39 Citadel of Flame *-* SFS 1-12 Ashes of Discovery *-* III *-*

Lesya's rock barely misses the spider, and Savaro's spear gets caught by the webs and goes wide, he frees it and is ready should the creature move.

Marcello finally proves himself with a solid hit in with his dagger. It embeds deep in the spider but not in a critical spot.

The spider shifts 5 foot step with climb speed under the spear and then bites Savaro

Spider is halfway up the wall. 5’ reach of the ground

Atk, Spider Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Dmg, Spider Bite: 1d6 ⇒ 2 plus Fort Save v Poison

Its teeth stick in to Savaro.

Status:

Spider -- 5 Damage
Kossar -- entangled Escape Artist or Strength DC 12 to break free
Savaro -- 11/13, Fort save v Poision

Everyone is up.

1 to 50 of 224 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] Mod: Master of the Fallen Fortress - OP Table [RD] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.