Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Dungeon Blaster´s Skulls and Shackles Campaign

Game Master Tim Bürgers


251 to 300 of 472 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Slyph Bard (Sea Singer) 1

Yes you can, though the skill is modified by the terrain, which I did forget to add, even still 'didn't make it' equals 'didn't make it'.


Male Halfling Pirate (rogue) 1

Antal winces from the vicious bites.

"Damn you! F!cking vermin!"

5 of 9 hp

Two Fortitude saves both with remaining Adaptable Lucks 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 = 51d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 2 = 11

Damn.

I best rejoin the rest.

Antal dives to his right in attempt to avoid some attacks.

Acrobatics check 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Antals stabs for the eyes of rat number two while fighting defensively.

1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 1 - 4 = -21d3 ⇒ 21d100 ⇒ 88

Critical fail on attack. Lose the dagger in the muck?


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1

Fort save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Fort save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Come at me you lousy vermin
Attack #5 Hand ax Attack ; Miss ; Damage ; Confirm ; Crit(x3) 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 2 = 241d100 ⇒ 881d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 = 71d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 2 = 132d6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 2) + 6 = 9

Take that.

Kithranna will move through the Ladder square taking the attack of op from 6.


Male Undine Inquisitor 1

Round 3:
6 of 9 hp

Managing to avoid the rat's attack this time Ondir aims to take the rat down. He strikes out with his trusty rapier, but strikes something in the muck and now the rapier is stuck, handle sticking up out of the water. Letting go of the stuck rapier he reaches over and draws his light mace. "Vile sludge, best to just focus on the fight. I'll have to recover my rapier afterwards. Besmara bless me with some healing and some luck, if there's any to spare." Using a swift action to switch judgement to healing.

Attack rat 6, to hit with justice; miss chance; damage if hit: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 51d100 ⇒ 481d6 ⇒ 1

Healing: surrounded by healing light, gaining fast healing 1 (for the next round since I switched at the end of my turn).


Female Slyph Bard (Sea Singer) 1
Antal Wavecrest wrote:
Riffelan wrote:

Riffelan, moves as above,Fighting Defense, AC 18. Please move her to the square to the left of Kith.

Six and five get an AoO on me because I didn't beat the CMD (12) +2 for an addition adjacent creature. I needed a 14 Acrobatics. Unless they are dead before my actual turn. Prays :(

5 of 8 HP

Playa's please post your current and total HP, as a apart of your post, it helps the healers out. I also wonder if we shouldn't label our posts, such as Action Round 1, then post etc.

Can we use Acrobatics to avoid AoO when in difficult terrain? Is the DC just higher?


EDIT: Seems one can use Acrobatics, but your movement speed is still lowered in difficult terrain, so as a halfling with 30' movement, I can move 5' as a move action without provoking an AoO if I can beat the required DC. In this case it would be the dire rat's CMD + 2 for each additional adjacent foe (as Ross said). If, for instance, the bilges had two difficult terrain circumstances (i.e. knee deep water AND slippery surface) then the movement would be hampered twice, making his regular movement 7.5' (rounded down to 5') in which case he could spend a full round action to use Acrobatics to move 5' without an AoO. I hope this makes sense.

Yes it does, I was just counting one diagonal square as three squares of movement. Then only moving half my speed for the acrobatics. In the end it comes out to 1 square, unless you add 10 to the DC of the skill check to move your full move.


@Ondir: No, the rats had no surprise round.They didn't take care to be stealthy because they consider the bilges their new territory.

@All: I don't like critical fails. If all agree, we just skip on that. The terrain increases Acrobatics DCs by +2.

AoO for Riffelan:
5: attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20, damage if hit: 1d4 ⇒ 3, confirmation if threat 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6, additional damage if success: 1d4 ⇒ 4
6: attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16, damage if hit: 1d4 ⇒ 3, confirmation if threat 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7, additional damage if success: 1d4 ⇒ 2

The rats attack more and more viciously:
Round 3 of the rats.

Antal:
1: attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2, damage if hit: 1d4 ⇒ 2, confirmation if threat 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19, additional damage if success: 1d4 ⇒ 1
2: attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2, damage if hit: 1d4 ⇒ 2, confirmation if threat 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10, additional damage if success: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Ondir:
6: attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18, damage if hit: 1d4 ⇒ 2, confirmation if threat 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20, additional damage if success: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Kithranna:
5: attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20, damage if hit: 1d4 ⇒ 4, confirmation if threat 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16, additional damage if success: 1d4 ⇒ 1Attack happens before your turn, so the rat doesn't move.

Kithranna swings his trusted axe and - being the most experienced fighter of the team - downs a rat with a nasty hack to the spine. The water below Kithranna stinks of blood and excrements, as the rat's intestines suddenly empty.

Rats are Killers! Antal's rats are obviously drunken from the taste of his rum-addicted blood :-)


Male Undine Inquisitor 1

Isn't this round 4? This is rat 6's fourth attack on Ondir. 2 hits, 2 misses.


??? I think, the rats' turn was now three times. If not, it doesn't change much. Next combat (soon to come!), I will always count the turns.


Male Halfling Pirate (rogue) 1

Round 4
5 of 9 hp

Fighting defensively, Antal motions for Kithranna to maneuver to the other side of the rats. Then he hopes to distract rat number two to give the half-elf some extra advantage with his axe.

I will choose to Aid Another in combat to hopefully give Kithranna a +2 bonus to his next attack on rat 2.

1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 1 - 4 = 16


Male Undine Inquisitor 1

Round 4
Ondir recovers 1 HP
7 out of 9 HP
Did both of those AoO hit Riff? I think she was fighting defensively...

Assuming Riff is still up after those AoOs:

Watching the rat he tries to dodge out of the way but the mucky water doesn't let him step out of the way fast enough. The rat scores another hit on Ondir. Ondir retaliates with his weapon, hoping to drop this rat.

To hit; miss chance; damage1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 191d100 ⇒ 591d6 ⇒ 2

If Riff is knocked out after those AoOs:

Taking the risk Ondir casts cure light wound, provoking the attack from the rat next to him. He reaches out to touch Riffelan and heal her wounds.
Concentration if rat hits, Hp healed if it misses or only does 1 damage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Only 2 points, not quite yet.
Ondir is at 5 out of 9 hp, barring any AoO


Female Slyph Bard (Sea Singer) 1

Round 3 extra.

I thought rat 5 was dead on round three, he took seven damage from Kith. Kith is before me in Initiative. The bestairy says they have 5 HP, so unless these guys have a bumped Con score or something. If he is, then I only needed a 14 to Acrobatic past 6, who missed anyway due to fighting defense. Ya, I am confused.

Anyway, my attack for fighting defense in Round 3.

Attack 6 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (15) - 4 = 11, miss 1d100 ⇒ 97, damage 1d4 ⇒ 1


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1

Filth Fever Onset d3 days 1d3 ⇒ 3

Hit Points 2 of 11

With the blood everywhere Kithranna grins at Antal. To bad Dire Rats don't make good eating or we might have had a good meal for once.

With a laugh he hacks at Number 2

To hit ; Miss; Dam 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 171d100 ⇒ 171d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 = 5

Then will try to tumble to opposite Rat 2 with Antal

Acrobatics 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 Success CMD 12 +2(for terrain) DC 14

Great now I backed myself into a corner. This better work Antal.


Female Slyph Bard (Sea Singer) 1

Round 4 Action. 5 of 8 Hp

Witdrawing from rat 6, through the square with the ladder, to the square beyond the ladder.

Stay were your at Kith old boy . Momma's coming with some healing. Rats? These look more like Scourge's pet cats to me.


Male Halfling Pirate (rogue) 1

Round 5, Initiative 23, 5/9 hp

"Just picture the look on Scourge's face when we come up out of here alive! Ha ha!"

Antal looks at the blood coming from Kithranna's few wounds and adjusts his tactics accordingly. Just stay up a little longer, elf.

He will Aid Another for Kithranna to give a +2 bonus to AC for this round. Oh, and I forgot to roll for Filth Fever onset.

To hit AC 10 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4

Damn.

Filth Fever onset in days 1d3 ⇒ 1

"Come on, you dirty whore! Pay attention to me!"


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1

Round 5 Ini 12 after the rats

Attack number 2

If Kith Still conscious after the rats turn:

Hand Ax Attack ; Miss ; Dam 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 151d100 ⇒ 751d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 = 6

Ya attack him, and Riff I thought you were just another pretty face, I hope you are much more than that to me.


@Riff: No, the Rat was killed, after it hit you, because the Rats have a higher ini than Kithranna.

Round 5, Ini 18

Antal:
1: attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20, damage if hit: 1d4 ⇒ 4, confirmation if threat 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8, additional damage if success: 1d4 ⇒ 2
2: attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12, damage if hit: 1d4 ⇒ 3, confirmation if threat 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18, additional damage if success: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Ondir:
6: attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18, damage if hit: 1d4 ⇒ 3, confirmation if threat 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4, additional damage if success: 1d4 ⇒ 2


Male Undine Inquisitor 1

Riff meant it was dead before it could make an Attack of Opportunity as she moved, since Kithranna has a higher init than she does.

Round 5, Init 16
Ondir 2 of 9 HP, then fast healing 1 brings me to 3 of 9 hp.
I forgot my filth fever check for round 4...

Fort save; onset: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 81d3 ⇒ 1
Guess the check for round 5 is moot now

Looks at the rat and then over at the blood flowing from Antal's wounds. S!%*, three of us are beat to hell, we'll probably have a case of filth fever after this. But damn if I'm gonna let Antal get killed. He takes a step away from the rat and casts Cure Light Wounds then reaches out an lays a hand on Antal's shoulder.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

At the start of combat you said "The water here provides difficult terrain for everyone without a swim speed (so no 5-ft-steps)." Ondir has a swim speed (though I'm not sure how he'd swim in knee deep water), does this mean he can take a 5-foot step normally? Either way I'm going to take the step so I don't provoke when casting.

Just to check as well, Hydrated Vitality activates in salt, fresh, or brackish water (I though it was only salt of fresh). So long as it's not stagnant, poisoned, or trapped (such as an artificial pit or a bag of holding). The water in the bilges would or would not activate this racial ability? If it does, I would be up 2 more HP (since it would have kicked in on round 2). Though it does say I have to submerge in the water, so maybe not. So either 3 of 9 hp or 5 of 9 hp. Though if I do get knocked out, suddenly gaining fast healing 2 would rock (since I would submerge in the water by falling over).


Female Slyph Bard (Sea Singer) 1

Round 5 Action, Inti 8 or 9...last is what I remember, 5 of 8 HP

Ondir has it right. 6 should have gotten an AoO, and it did and missed because I was fighting defensively. 5 was dead on Kith's turn before I actually moved. Sorry to confuse it.

Mighty breeze heal from the sky...Cure! casting cure light wounds. Then moving up to deliver it to Kith.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Halfling Pirate (rogue) 1

Round 6, Initiative 23, 9/9 hp

"Much appreciated, Mr. Stormrider! And quite timely, I might add."

Antal returns his attention to the rats with renewed vigor.

Attack with flanking; miss chance; damage 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 1 + 2 = 181d100 ⇒ 611d3 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + (1) = 4

"It is wounded, Kithranna! Finish it off! Riffelan, I did not know you could heal as well. You are an extremely talented lady, dear."


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1

Rat number 2 should be dead from my previous attack in round 5.


Male Halfling Pirate (rogue) 1

Ah, I did not click on the spoiler and the map still shows rat #2 as alive. Please switch my attack to rat #1. Without flanking and sneak attack I would still hit but only do 3 points of damage.


Rat #1 attacks Antal:
Attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11, damage if hit 1d4 ⇒ 1

Rat #6 attacks Ondir:
Attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7, damage if hit 1d4 ⇒ 4


Male Undine Inquisitor 1

Round 6
Initiative 16
Fast healing kicks in: 4 of 9 hp

Attack rat 6: to hit; miss chance; damage if hit 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 141d100 ⇒ 371d6 ⇒ 6

Having healed Antal, he turns his focus back to the rat that keeps attacking him hoping to finish it off after its latest miss. Being in a slightly better position Ondir scores a strong hit on the rat, piercing it's chest.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1

Seeing victory in his grasp Kithranna lashes out with a viscous hack with his axe. Yelling out DIE!!!

Attack Rat 1 Hit; Miss; Dam 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 2 = 151d100 ⇒ 351d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5

To his group
Well I hope this concludes the entertainment for the evening.

He will make sure to collect the corpses to present to Mister Plugg and the dispose of them.


Grossing her arms, cocking a hip, Riffelan pouts her lips and rolls her jaw in annoyance.

Looking at the halfling.

Antal, what's that about a whore?

At the elf
Hold on there, collect there heads or tails. I have plans for the hides. The bodies might just as well toss over board.


Male Halfling Pirate (rogue) 1

Antal looks around at the rest. "Nicely done! Let us tarry here a few moments to discuss our situation and how we can help each other out."

Cleaning off his dagger on the nearest rat corpse, Antal sheathes his weapon and searches through the bilges for anything useful.

Perception (taking 20): 28


Male Undine Inquisitor 1

Inspecting his rapier Ondir cleans it off, "Yes, they probably would think us to be down here quite some time if we were using boards to fight with. Just think of how we would have fared without our proper gear." Watching Antal search through the limited light he decides to search as well, maybe his keen eyes might catch what Antal's would miss in the scant light.

Perception (taking 20): 28

As he's searching through he continues talking, "So our situation is we're out to sea who knows where. No clue where we're sailing nor when we might be back to land. We need to make sure to befriend anyone we can. I've begun to do so myself. Riffelan might have had some success with the crew, or so the rumors say. Not much privacy on a ship for anyone but the captain. How about ye Antal? Or ye Kithranna?" Ondir sees something in a slightly deeper edge of the water. "What do we have here? He dives under the water, fully submersing himself to retrieve the item, even though he could just reach down to pick it up.

Hydrated vitality will kick in to give me fast healing 2, it heals a max of 2 hp, so Ondir is now at 6 of 9 hp

Coming back up to the surface he continues from earlier. "We've been cast together by those two or fate maybe. Both of them are foul men, who don't heed Besmara's Code. I suspect Master Scourge and Mr Plugg only barely follow the orders that we need all the crew we can keep alive. I'm sure if an opportunity arose or they were crossed wrong they wouldn't heed those orders. So we should work together as best we can. Maybe we can all achieve what we want that way."


Male Halfling Pirate (rogue) 1

"Well, I have had considerable success with Grok, as you know. Ambrose is not going to be much help until we remove Harrigan and the lot. And, make no mistake, that is my aim. The Wormwood is not a particularly pretty ship but I think there are enough worthy salts on it to make it profitable and enjoyable. So I will do all I can to befriend the worthy souls out here."

Antal continues with his search while talking to the group.

"I have also given thought to doing some more reconnaissance throughout the ship. What are your thoughts? Could I count on your help?"


Female Slyph Bard (Sea Singer) 1

Oh gads he dunked himself in that filth. Riff thinks watching Ondir go under the water, turning a bit green.

Picking up the body of a rat she takes an arrow and impales a leg to the ladder. Were upon she begins skinning the beast. Clearly no tanner she makes a bloody mess of it, but gets a serviceable hide, such as it is. Oddly this disgusting task holds nothing for her and she does it with zeal.

Fancy your self a Captain do ya now, Antal? You’re not the only one in good with Grok. Aside for her I have yet to ply my wares with anyone of the crew. It is important in this endeavor of yer’s to remember one simple fact…to give is to get. You seem a worthy enough lad, full of spirit and spite. Lucky for you I credit those highest in what I look for in a Captain.

Scourge is a coward of the highest variety. To those in his power he is quite the sun’o’b*cth. Give him something to doubt and no doubt stain his breaches. Aye a yard of steal in his belly is what he truly needs. I have something better in mind.

Give me your word Halfling man that you will aid me with Scourge and when the trick is up, he is mine and mine alone. If we have an accord, then aye I am your girl. Whatever you need will be done.

Looking around she sees Kith. She makes eye contact and smiles a sultry wanton predatory grin.

All this has my blood up, what say when I get done with these rats we prove Ondir wrong about no private places. Don’t you owe me something?

Picking up another rat, she begins anew. The stink of their meat permeates the Bilge, but The Lucky Sea B*tch keeps cutting.

Oh my, Scourge, you are going to get such a lovely tunic. Fit for a king.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1

As I am sure is not secret I have no love for the current control of this vessel. I would like to throw my hand in with your lot. It seems you are all very handy in your own ways.

@Riff Ah lass let me help you with that to skin them properly you need to hold the knife like this Kithranna grabs her hand with his to slice and proceeds to help Riffelin moving his body with hers. I have much more I need to show you but later for that.

Disengaging from Riffelin.

Antal I can be quiet when I want to, perhaps I could help you scout out the other areas of the ship.


Male Halfling Pirate (rogue) 1

"My dear, I care not who sends Scourge's soul to the Abyss. He is your's. As for my aspirations to captaincy, I must admit I have always envisioned myself at the helm of a ship, maybe even a fleet. And I believe Besmara has blessed me in this endeavor."

Antal looks through the items he and Ondir have found wondering what other treasures the nooks of Wormwood might hold.

Antal turns to Kithranna, "Excellent, we shall find out what secrets the officers are keeping, my eleven friend."


Female Slyph Bard (Sea Singer) 1

]Shrugging. That sounds as much like honor as I have ever heard from a halfling.

To the Abyss, nar I have no intention what so ever of killing the craven b*stard. Though I will mark him in a way that is bound to shake him down to his rotten soul.

We have an agreement Antal.

If your desire is to perform such this eve, give me your rum rations. I will add these to the nightly wine I have been providing and entertain them. Once drunk I will sing them into such a fervor that they will sleep like babes. I will also need some strong backs to fetch a barrel of water. Though if we could but wait till the morrow for such skullduggering I could prepare better, and it would give us more rum to work with, and two barrels would serve better than one.

Plop, scrape, slash, sploosh, another rat is skinned.

Kith's hands are rough like a warrior, but he cleans an animal like a butcher.


Male Undine Inquisitor 1

Turning to Antal he says with a grin, "Aye, but Besmara's blessings require one to work. No reason to bless those who are to lazy to reach for advancing her domains. Of course I find favor in her as well, and my aspirations are similar." He looks over their findings so far. "Not sure how much we're really going to find in the bilges, I'm sure there's more to be had in the two decks above us. We'd best be careful over what we might take, unless we want to get on the wrong side of a whip or worse."

Ondir goes once again over the bilges, looking for any last item they might have missed.

"I'm not really an expert at stealth, but I suppose my perception and lack of need for light might be handy. Though if there's anything underwater that you might need I can handle that easily enough. Could work a bit as a distraction but I imagine the drink and song Riffelan would use to be better."

"What do ye all think of the crew? Sandara is a fine lass, and likely to work with us should we ask her. Rosie has a sharp tongue, have any luck with her Antal? Any others any of ye think might be good allies or ones to avoid?"


Female Slyph Bard (Sea Singer) 1

Valen seems hardy enough, though I won’t warrant he has brains, least not that one can tell. The morning they tried to back us into a corner that dark haired elf bound tight as any rope I have seen. A sturdy arm fortified with steel could be of use to us. After our chores are done I will see what I can do to get him outfitted, if we all accord to trust the lout. I believe he was collected into the fold the same day as we were. He is apt to rankle under the yoke as we have.

As for established crew I don’t trust their poison taster. I had a bit of a run in with her. Let’s just say that she sees me something of a problem to her position here. If she could somehow be removed it would serve me better, one less person out to stab me in the back.

I suspect the gnome, Conchobar, is more interesting than he lets on. I have been trying to figure out why he is aboard and am at a loss. Though I have yet to simply ask him.


@Lewis: Thanks for helping me out.

Antal finds nothing useful in the Bilges.

As soon as you go up again, tell me. The next little event will happen then.


Female Slyph Bard (Sea Singer) 1

Riffelan, taking her skins, rolls them together and begins quizzing Kithranna about how to tan hides.

it's a very boring conversation so I won't post it slash play it out

She takes from any infromation given and her own basic knowledge that the wind and salty air will more or less dry out the hides, if they are kept out of the water.

With her hides she heads upstairs.

I am just guessing that she gets enough to make her a small vest and loin cloth for a man.


Male Halfling Pirate (rogue) 1

Damn, I was hoping there would be something useful down there.

Antal wipes off the crud from the bilge water as best he can then heads up the ladder behind Riffelan. Might as well enjoy the view while it is available.


Male Undine Inquisitor 1

Well I though there was something down here, though not surprising that it's been kept clear of any valuables. Wonder how many of the swabs run through here.

Ondir follows up the ladder last, making sure we hand up or otherwise take the light with is. He'll stop for a moment in the lower deck to remove his armor and find a trunk to place his other gear into. Glancing at all the locks he may have to get a better one. Doing the best he can he dries off the leather armor and sets it into the trunk on top of the other gear. He'll leave behind his mace in the trunk but wear his rapier. Lastly, even with the meager lock he locks the trunk and takes the key.

I wanted to check to see if we still can take our daytime activities or does the combat take that for today? If we do have a daytime activity I intend to use it to influence Jack Scrimshaw, getting started with checking the rat bite for any signs of infection. Also, treating a disease is only a 10 minute activity, am I able to treat more than one person or since I'm effectively rolling when they have to roll can I only treat one?


You still can use your daytime actions. @Ondir: You get a +2 circumstance bonus to influence Jack, as he sees something of a hero in you, because you killed the rats.

As the four proud rat-killers step onto the upper deck, Mr. Plugg greets them with a sneer. So you made it out alive... all of you... Pray to the gods, that these bites of yours do not kill you in the sickbed...

All of the four new recruits can't help but feel, that Plugg already works on the next plan to harass them...


Female Slyph Bard (Sea Singer) 1

Oh for love of hell! Plugg, if you weren’t the precious First Mate I’d slap you. I am beginning to think that the only reason why we were taken aboard this frightful ship is to serve as your entertainment. Otherwise I warrant that it would serve better to have murdered us ashore as apposed to these rampant torments. I am use to serving to the frightful needs of men, but these lads.

Gestures to the Antal, Ondir, and Kithranna.

Aye these lads are not the type to enjoy that kind of a thing. They and I grow angry by these never ending torments. We came to Port Peril for a reason, we are pirates. We live to loot and pillage, to take what we want with iron. Every single command we have obeyed, never balking at even your slightest whim. We are loyal and skilled and even want to be apart of the crew, but it is you that stands in the way. Aye put us through our paces, make us prove that we are just what the kinds of people you want on the crew. I would do no less. But do take the relish of your enjoyment that is the knife in our backs out, it smites terribly.

Diplomacy Check attempting to shift his attitude 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 1 = 28


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1

What a pleasant chat with Riff maybe we do have something in common, well something else in common.

On deck

Thank you for the kind words Mister Plugg. If you will excuse me I need to attend to my equipment.

He will also make sure Riff's is well care for too.


Whether it was from whatever he had eaten the previous night, the exertion from yesterday's toils, or trying to adapt to a pirate life, Valen found himself bedridden that early morning. Hoping to no one noticed him missing, he finally arose and headed out to the deck. Hearing rumors about bilge rats and new recruits, he worriedly hurried towards the bilges and stopped short to see Riff laying into Plugg.

Well, looks like I missed some fun.

Trying to remain out of Plugg's sight, he gestured to get Antal's attention and shrugged. -Sorry-

Today's Task
1d6 ⇒ 6 Repairs
Dex check
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 Going to be working diligently unless something prevents that today

Keeping an eye on the outcome of Riff's speech, Valen starts repairs as close to the action as he can. Better work hard and catch up with them later. Wouldn't want to be the target at bloody hour


Male Undine Inquisitor 1

Distances himself a little bit from Riffelan as she's talking. What does she think she'll accomplish. I doubt he looks favorably towards us, maybe she just likes the whip. Looking around he spies Jack off to the side. Good, something to be useful at, I hope. "Mighty kind of ye for such concern, Mr Plugg. I better go check on Jack over there. As you said, those rats tend to carry filth and spread it with their bites and he was the first one bit." Ondir steps over to Jack and speaks in a lower voice, "Brave of ye to face the rats, but a bit warning for us next time, right lad? Mr Plugg wanted to send us down without any idea what we were facing and no weapons and armor to face it with. Now let me see the rat bite, need to clean otherwise you might catch something."

Works on influencing the lad while checking on his wound, diplomacy check 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 = 18
He takes his time tending the wound, trying to find some clean scrap of cloth and using clean water from a create water spell to clean up the wounds best he can, however he isn't able to do much good with just the water and cloth. Heal check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

When was the last time some of these pirates last bathed. Those rats could have been infected by their filth. I wonder if they have a heal kit or a ship's surgeon who actually manages to do more than create peg legs and hooks. Looking over his own wounds he says, " Still might even if the outside is clean. Though ye might not be alone if ye get sick, we traded a fair number hits down there. If ye get sick in the next few days, best ye go see Habbly Quarne, Sandara, or me if I'm not sick." He raises his voice after tending to the lad, "That's the best I can do without getting in the way of either of our work. The bilges are clear of them rats. Now back to work with ye, as I'm sure Mr Plugg wouldn't want ye slacking about." With saying that he turns to get back to his rigging work, pausing momentarily to see what Mr Plugg and the others are up before he climbs up.


Mr. Plugg puts on an evil grin. Oh... the poor lass here thinks herself the victim of my sadism! I tell you what, girl: You will get your chance in ship-to-ship-combat. I will take care personally, that you will enter the enemy ship first. Maybe you can talk them into submission...

Jack seems to be very thankful for Ondirs kind words and healing. He apparently regrets, the thing with the rats. I didn't really know what was down there and... He turns to a whisper: Plugg intimidated me... He said something about a lesson of some kind...

Jack is now friendly towards Ondir!


Male Halfling Pirate (rogue) 1

After listening to Plugg, Antal gives him a sly smile before turning away. He gestures to Valen to meet him in the galley after his work.

I should check in on Ambrose, hopefully he has not suffocated in his own vomit. I wish I had more free time on this ship, I have not made enough friends yet.

In the galley, he finds Ambrose still shaking the jars of spice with his snoring. Antal pets the chicken and then decides to investigate the galley closer while he waits for Valen.

Search check 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Female Slyph Bard (Sea Singer) 1

Boy lover! Ay Plugg take me over there, you’ll regret it

As smart of a decision as ever you made Plugg. with obvious scorn.

Send an archer in for melee, why not. By no means put her in a place that will do some actual good. Yet I will wager that enemy ship is a dangerous place. Full of all kinds of terrors that all manner of ‘men’ fail to walk away from. Wouldn’t it fair better to add the rest of the Scourge’s Cat Slayers to the vanguard. That way perhaps you will kill us all in one fail swoop.

Where upon she spins on her heals and heads off. Ignoring Plugg’s retort, though she’ll hear it just fine. Casting cure light wounds on herself as she storms off 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6.

day time action
Let’s figure out where we are. Casting Know Direction. Then after speaking with a few of the crew members Knowledge Geography 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 = 27. Followed by a weather prediction with Weather Savvy, as I know from casting the previous day for this day, now I can learn what it will hold for tomorrow.

Sometime during here she will tie up her rat hides, to dry.


During a lull in his work, Valen stops to get some water and food, slipping off to the kitchen to meet with Antal. Taking in the strange scene with the snoring Ambrose and the free chicken, he shakes his head in wonder and regards the halfing.

"So I heard what happened in the bilges and I'm sorry to say I couldn't participate in the fun. Next time, however, you lot can count on me. I may not dream of the pirate life like some of you but I realize if I have any chance of getting out of this free and alive, its with the lot of you." Valen extends his hand to Antal.


Male Halfling Pirate (rogue) 1

Antal readily accepts Valen's hand. "It is quite understandable, not everyone acquires their sea legs at the same rate. And you have not experienced the life of a pirate yet, my friend! Once we gain control of this ship, you will come to love the freedom of the high seas! First things first though. I will attempt to retrieve your belongings from Grok tomorrow. Additionally, the half-elf Kithranna and I will be doing some investigating of the ship's lesser-traveled areas soon. Any assistance you can provide will be greatly appreciated."


Plugg doesn't make many words about it. He just grins and says: Nope, I just send in those who are expendable, incompetent and annoy me.

With her knowledge of landmarks, Riff can figure out, where the Wormwood currently is. The ship is headed towards Motaku Isle and will arrive there in about one or two days.

The Weather was good the last few days, but it seems, that tomorrow is prone to heavy rain falls.

Guys, I really enjoy how "organically" you all grow togehter. Much better than "well, there are three other people in the tavern...". If you didn't live in the USA, I'd like to play some tabletop with you.


Female Slyph Bard (Sea Singer) 1

Aunty always said that your temper is bound to get you in trouble, mayhaps now it finally has. Motaku, huh, I wonder what’s there?

Knowledge Local to remember any details about the isle 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Thanks for the compliment Tim. Sadly when we are at a table we typically default to the bar scene. Not sure if you know, but we all live in the same town and RP together once a week or so. Lewis wanted to play Skull and Shackles but we had no room in our schedule. Personally I find sitting at a table one of the hardest spots to get into character. Sitting down with all the distractions of the gaming table is a big disconnect.

All ready for night actions

251 to 300 of 472 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeon Blaster´s Skulls and Shackles Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.