Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Voice's Osirion Expedition (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

Sent into the Sahure Wastes by Lathrat Ke'shin an 'entrepreneur', the party seeks to recover ancient treasures of the Four Pharoahs....


1,101 to 1,150 of 1,759 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>

Primordial Ooze

The lamia does not have any possessions on her naked body, and similarly the scorpions are not endowed with possessions.

Atop the altar lies a curved iron dagger with a blackened wooden handle and a scattering of gemstones.


Male Human (Garundi) Magus 3

Tarik releases the magic from his blade, sheathing it with weariness. "Sting slayers, hm? I suppose it is a fitting name for us, though I think we could come up with something better. I am more troubled by the fact that she thought this power we seem to seek should not be unleashed. Usually these creatures wish it for themselves, but she sought to prevent anyone from gaining it. Odd."

Tarik moves to investigate the gemstones, picking them up in turn and examining them. "I don't suppose our lovely wayfinder can tell us anything more about our general destination?"


Female Human (Garundi) Ranger 1/Sorcerer 2

Status: 10/25 hp; -2 strength

"Something SHE is against sounds like a good thing by my reckoning."

Noor will allow her vision to slip into that state where magic is revealed to her, not realizing her eyes take on a dragon eye appearance. Casts Detect Magic and gazes on the alter and the items upon it.


Pharasmin Clr 1cad - AC: 12; hp:10/(10)/[10]; San 14/(14); Saves: fort +3 ref +2 will +4

Jaru converts hold person to heal Noor.

cmw 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (8, 8) + 3 = 19


Primordial Ooze

Noor picks up latent magical residue upon the altar, as though it were used for dark rituals at some point. The dagger itself raidiates magic.

Need a spellcraft roll to ID

Knowledge Religion DC 12:
Although The Rough Beast is unmistakeably evil, the fact that you are opposed by followers of both Rovagug and Lamashtu troubles you.

The Mother holds no love for The Unmaker - so it is unusual that they both would be in opposition.


Pharasmin Clr 1cad - AC: 12; hp:10/(10)/[10]; San 14/(14); Saves: fort +3 ref +2 will +4

know religion 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
nerp.


Primordial Ooze

Blimmin heck - the dice roller must hate us all at the moment.
Read it anyway Jaru - you're a priest and you'd know it offhand.


Pharasmin Clr 1cad - AC: 12; hp:10/(10)/[10]; San 14/(14); Saves: fort +3 ref +2 will +4

VoV:
Have we actually seen these two cults cooperating? or just that they both oppose us?

Jaru attempts to identify the dagger with a muttered prayer to Nethys.
spellcraft- take 10 with guidance= 17?


Primordial Ooze

Jaru:
At present you have not seen them working in concert - just that followers of both Rovagug and Lamashtu do not wish for the vault to be opened.

The dagger has a minor enchantment and the wounds it causes are not easily staunched.

A +1 dagger which causes stacking bleed damage (1 per strike)


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Internal Alchemist / Preservationist / Vivisectionist) 1

What is the gp value of the (non-magical) gemstones?


Primordial Ooze

*cough* Appraise check *cough*


Pharasmin Clr 1cad - AC: 12; hp:10/(10)/[10]; San 14/(14); Saves: fort +3 ref +2 will +4

Jaru examines the dagger's auras. "Hmm, a wound from this dagger will bled freely with evey cut. Seems appropriate for the Rough Beast's cultists. Hells, I could probably be mistaken for one in this wooly coat. It is odd to find followers of the Mother of Monsters and the Rough Beast both opposed to our mission. I don't expect they agree about much."


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Internal Alchemist / Preservationist / Vivisectionist) 1

Appraise: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22.

Someone else may want to try, too ;-)

Setesh shrugs.

"True, but as of yet, we have not seen them together, so it is possible that they are not agreeing on much..."


Primordial Ooze

At first glance the gems appear to be worth around only 500gp, however your keen eye discerns that one of the larger rubies is of a particularly rare pigment - pigeon blood-red. That stone alone is worth 400gp, and brings the total to 800gp even.


Male Human (Garundi) Magus 3

Tarik muses over this bit of news. "I must agree with you Jaru. To think we'd be opposed by Lamashtu and Rovagug signifies that what we chase is certainly powerful. Now, with luck, it would be some sort of wonderful artifact aligned with more wholesome powers that the servants of evil are attempting to keep us from. More likely, I'm guessing it's some sort of artifact told of in stories. All powerful doom, and such things. Any thoughts?"


Primordial Ooze

For your reference, there are a few other chambers in the cavern, but none with any threats or treasures in store.
When ready, link back up with Bas'rac.


Pharasmin Clr 1cad - AC: 12; hp:10/(10)/[10]; San 14/(14); Saves: fort +3 ref +2 will +4
Tarik Veihess wrote:
" More likely, I'm guessing it's some sort of artifact told of in stories. All powerful doom, and such things. Any thoughts?"

Jaru shrugs, "The thing is, if it were some sort of doomsday device, you would expect Rovagug's nihilists to be racing us for it, not trying to stop us. Well, I suppose all will be revealed. Let's go gather up Bas'rac."

Ready to move on.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Internal Alchemist / Preservationist / Vivisectionist) 1

Setesh shrugs.

"Well, logically, the easiest well to discover the truth is to go find it..."

Ready to move on.


Primordial Ooze

The party moves back out of the complex to where Bas'rac is waiting above. He is clearly relieved to see you return alive, but begs any questions wait until you are gone from the cursed place at least some distance.

Moving a few dunes away, the party makes camp - and once the camels are secured and dung fire cooking dinner, he asks of what transpired...

Pausing a second to allow you to tell Bas'rac what you want of what happened below. If you want full disclosure, that's fine - but I'm giving you the option.


Female Human (Garundi) Ranger 1/Sorcerer 2

Noor still feeling a little wane from being poisoned, gratefully settles by the fire.

"A cave full of scorpions and some Queen of the scorpions. Seems she knew who we were and wanted to stop us. Pretty disgusting in there and I hope I can actually fall asleep tonight."


Primordial Ooze

Bas'rac listens to Noor's retelling of what transpired in the cave with interest. At the mention of the lamia you see a flicker in his eyes of recognition "Was the she-scorpion a devotee of Rovagug?" the look on his face is more animated and intense than you have seen since the battle against the get of Lamashtu.


Pharasmin Clr 1cad - AC: 12; hp:10/(10)/[10]; San 14/(14); Saves: fort +3 ref +2 will +4

Jaru nods, "Yes. It seems followers of both the Demon Queen and the Rough Beast are set in trying to stop us."


Primordial Ooze

Bas'rac curses in Ancient Ossiriani "اللعنة." Four letters, begins with f "This is not good at all..." brooding a few moments before he speaks up again "My order has some older legends, that talk of times in the era of the Four Pharaoh. There have been signs... but I thought they just coincidence..." his voice trailing off.

"We must secure the next key swiftly, then I must ask a detour to my kin... I find myself filled with questions that must not be asked, whose answers I will not enjoy"

If you want to rack your brain, feel free to make any knowledge checks that you can - a high roll might trigger a lightbulb moment.... or you can question Bas'rac - but for details of what he fears, you'll need to back it up with a Social skill check.


Pharasmin Clr 1cad - AC: 12; hp:10/(10)/[10]; San 14/(14); Saves: fort +3 ref +2 will +4

know history 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Jaru tries to follow, "I know much history from the time of the Four Pharoahs. Which legend are you speaking of? We are more likely to succeed if we know exactly what obstacles may be presented, Bas'rac. Please tell me what you are thinking."

diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Primordial Ooze

Short note saying two things:
1. Rolls are good enough for further detail.
2. Bedtime for me, so update will come on the morrow.


Primordial Ooze

Jaru knows of a fragment of a story involving a revolt during the times of the Four Pharoah. A group of monstrous desert tribes rose up under a single banner - an ebon scarab - and fought against the Pharoahs. They enjoyed some success, but all you can recall is that the rebellion failed when the unity of the tribes was disrupted.

Clearly unwilling to speak of much until he has a chance to confirm it with his sphinx masters, Bas'rac is regardless convinced to share that which he knows. "It is an old tale passed from master to pupil within my order. There was a time in the past when a tide of flesh and fur threatened the rule of order. It was said that at it's core was an unholy trinity - a get of the Mother, spawn of the Rough Beast and a third whose name has been lost even amongst my order - it is only known that he fought with scarab at his side."

"Where the tide flowed, it left only death in its wake. Seeing that to remain neutral was akin to genocide, the Eternal Watchers called upon the strongest of their kin to stand against them.... and were slain almost to a man."

"The day was won only when the scarab lord displayed too much of his hubris in the victory and drew the wrath of his unstable partners. Fractured, the rebellion could be put down... but at a terrible cost."

"It was only struck into relief for my mind when you said the one below was a get of scorpion... as the Rough Beast's servant in time past was the same." memories dredged up, Bas'rac is clearly worried and concerned "This is why we must seek counsel with the watchers... they will know whether this is true or false"


Pharasmin Clr 1cad - AC: 12; hp:10/(10)/[10]; San 14/(14); Saves: fort +3 ref +2 will +4

Jaru considers, "I have heard of the revolt under the banner of the Black Scarab. It seems they have some unfinished business our quest has revived."


Primordial Ooze

Unless anyone has any more questions or follow-ups, I'll push on towards the Fiend Vault come my morning time...


Female Human (Garundi) Ranger 1/Sorcerer 2

"If we are in some way on the trail of the Black Scarab, it would seem its former allies are more scared of it then perhaps we should be. Bas'rac, I am in full favor of your consulting those knowledgeable in this matter.


Primordial Ooze

After a sombre night following Bas'rac's words, the party spends the next couple of days travelling with purpose following the dot of red that the wayfinder reveals. All healed up and all ability damage gone

Shortly after morning on the third day of travel, you crest a large dune... and see what must surely be the next vault. There is a small ziggurat built from ochre stone ahead, with a well ordered camp alongside it.

Perception DC 15:
Among the camp you can spy some camel, humans and what appears to be surveying equipment.


Pharasmin Clr 1cad - AC: 12; hp:10/(10)/[10]; San 14/(14); Saves: fort +3 ref +2 will +4

perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

"It looks like we aren't the only ones interested in this vault," Heng notes as he points out the camels and apparent surveying equipment.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Internal Alchemist / Preservationist / Vivisectionist) 1

Setesh shrugs.

"Well, as long as they do not disturb us, I have no quarrel with them..."


Primordial Ooze

Bas'rac peers at the camp and adds "They may have the same plan as us, to seek what is within the vault... we should be wary until we understand their intentions."


Primordial Ooze

Anyone going to go say howdy?


Pharasmin Clr 1cad - AC: 12; hp:10/(10)/[10]; San 14/(14); Saves: fort +3 ref +2 will +4

Jaru nods, "First we must ascertain their intentions." He heads toward the camp to find out who is in charge.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Internal Alchemist / Preservationist / Vivisectionist) 1

"Very well, but I am nonetheless not feeling particularly optimistic about this... Treasure hunters rarely coexist amicably when they meet..."


Primordial Ooze

Heading over to where the camp is set, Jaru's approach is seen from a ways off. One of the Osiriani at the camp shouts at a camp boy - who then runs into the ziggurat.

The Osiriani guard is wary, but does not yet lift the heavy crossbow up from where it hangs at his waist "That's close enough sahib... what brings four travellers and one of the judge's servants here" nodding a deference to Bas'rac as he strides alongside Jaru.


Pharasmin Clr 1cad - AC: 12; hp:10/(10)/[10]; San 14/(14); Saves: fort +3 ref +2 will +4

Jaru smiles winningly and taps the half-mask symbol dangling from a thong around his neck. "The All-Seeing Eye spotted you from afar. I thought I'd stop by. What goes on here?"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Primordial Ooze

Skeptical but with good humour "Aye, there's alot to see out here in the khamsin blasted arse end of the desert.... well you best come into the shade. I've sent a boy for the effendi, and he's the one you should be talking to."

The Osiriani then ushers you into the camp and offers you some water and a place to sit.


Pharasmin Clr 1cad - AC: 12; hp:10/(10)/[10]; San 14/(14); Saves: fort +3 ref +2 will +4

Jaru thanks the guard profusely and engages in a little fishing, "I can conjure more water should you need it although I imagine you have a priest or wizard here who can do the same."


Female Human (Garundi) Ranger 1/Sorcerer 2

Noor will help see to the camels and then take up the offer for some refreshment.


Primordial Ooze

Jaru thinks he sees a flicker of a smirk at the corner of the guard's mouth "Thanks for the offer... but we do just fine."

After a couple of minutes the boy returns with a middle-aged Chelaxian gentleman with a neatly clipped beard. By the looks of his dress, you'd hazard a guess that he is more interested in scholarly arts than war.

Approaching "Salaam travellers. It is not often that we see people pass by. I am Fresnic and no longer go by the name of my family, and you?"


Male Human (Garundi) Magus 3

"Weary travelers in the desert, long overdue the company of others. I am Tarik, hailing from distant Nex. What brings fellows like yourselves out here?"


Primordial Ooze

The Chelaxian smiles "Oh, this and that." hand waving to take in the ziggurat. "We came upon this beauty a few weeks ago, there isn't much iconography about so I'm still trying to date it... but she's well preserved isn't she?"


Pharasmin Clr 1cad - AC: 12; hp:10/(10)/[10]; San 14/(14); Saves: fort +3 ref +2 will +4

"We have similar interests, my friend. I myself have an interest in antiquities as well. Would you mind if we took a look around?"


Primordial Ooze

"By all means, you may accompany me back inside.... but looking is one thing... touching may be another entirely" giving Jaru a meaningful look.

He then stands and ushers you on "Follow me, but watch your step... I've not had time to clear out the rubble."


Female Human (Garundi) Ranger 1/Sorcerer 2

"Gah! Men ruining the pleasantries of comfort in the desert."

Noor sets aside her unfinished drink and makes to join the tour. "Thank you for the brief respite from the sun. I am Noor. My other companions Jaru, Setesh, and Bas'rac."


Primordial Ooze

Descending into the ziggurat, Fresnic pulls a torch from a sconce near the entrance and leads the way. The floor is littered with rocks and sand, though the walls themselves do not show too much degradation. After a spiral descent around the central chamber you are led into the interior.

A hexagonal room awaits and true to Fresnic's word there is little on the walls to use as discernment to it's purpose. There are pictographs of shadowed beasts and some Pharonic iconography - but no words.

In the centre of the room is an altar of sorts. A circular raised platform that has a small depression maybe a foot across in the top of it.


Male Human (Garundi) Magus 3

Though Tarik has been prohibited from touching anything, that won't stop him from trying to make sense of this place. He strains his mind trying to find any hold on what this could be used for.

Kn: arcana:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Kn: planes:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Pharasmin Clr 1cad - AC: 12; hp:10/(10)/[10]; San 14/(14); Saves: fort +3 ref +2 will +4

last time i think we had that geographic puzzle to activate the teleport circle, right?

Jaru casts detect magic and takes a look around (not touching).

perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

1,101 to 1,150 of 1,759 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Voice's Osirion Expedition - Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.