Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale

Game Master GM Harpwizard

Elsir Vale
City of Brindol


1,701 to 1,750 of 10,030 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>

Dungeon Master
Bofus wrote:
DMHW: does it look like Nextic has heard Florence's song?

You were not able to tell if he could hear Florence's music. He certainly did not get up to investigate.


Male Human 2

Matthias replies to Bofus and the group Yes, I have a spell just for scenarios like this, I could get 4 maybe even six of them in the bottle neck hallway with my burning hands. Should Mantooth and I charge them? That way we can hold them off while the rest of you use your ranged weapons. I have to be close though in order to hit the maximum number of them so we'll have to run in...Another option is Thordak could try and shoot the flute out of his hands to break it. Its clear the music is what gives him power over the beasts. If he loses it they may set upon him.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Well, maybe me, Throdak, and Cebre--and Florence if she's got something suitable--can concentrate shooting Nextic down, while Matthias and Mantooth keep the rats at bay?


Female Human Bard 4

Florence shrugs

I could should insults, but besides that?!

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Um, are you willing to stand with the boys up front then?


Dungeon Master

Please note that there are a few bedside chests that have not been opened in the barracks. This has been overlooked in the thread, but your characters would not forget. Three locked chests DC 25 to open.


Male Human Paladin 8 (HP:88/95, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +5 Reflex, +11 Will)

DMHW:
Mantooth Longbrow wrote:

Mantooth takes a peek around the room for valuables, scouring the chests and persons of the slavers. He puts away the borrowed sword, but takes less time to clean it than he normally would.

Perception 1d20+6

Not good enough to alert Bofus to the locked chests?

"I am fine with Florence being up to the front with Matthias and I, as long as the rest of you can lay down good covering fire. Did you get a look behind Nextic, Bofus? Is it a dead end behind him? We wouldn't want him to get away again while we're wading through an army of rats."


Dungeon Master

I am gone this afternoon for a while, but Bofus will be able to easily open the lockes to the chests. They are not trapped. When they are opened, the following items will be found.

You are able to find a assortment of clothes, equipment, and personal supplies.

8 Traveler's Outfits
4 Tindertwigs
10 Torches
3 Manacles
1 Ink and Inkpen
1 Chain
6 Tankards
1 Healer's Kit
1 Bag of Caltrops
1 Iron Pot

4 Potions

Spellcraft DC17:
4 Cure Moderate Wounds CL 4

2 Potions
Spellcraft DC18:
2 Remove Disease CL 5


Female Human Bard 4

Lol, my post should have looked like: I could or better should fire only insults at them, but besides that?!

Spellcraft1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Spellcraft1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

These potions, I don't know what they're for, but in dire straits I'd recommend to drink them. And yes, I'd gladly take the position at the tip of our spear formation!

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

DMHW asked me to play Cebre for the time being, so I'll do that.

CEBRE

Attempt to identify potions:
Spellcraft (4 pots): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16
Spellcraft (2 pots): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34

Also, I hadn't forgotten about the extra "stuff." I figured there was enough time to go back later once we took care of Nextic. But, meh, whatever works!

I'm pretty sure that he's at a dead end, unless there's a secret passage--can't tell that from here.


Male Human Paladin 8 (HP:88/95, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +5 Reflex, +11 Will)

Does this mean we have those items? If there are any healing potions, we should use them.

"Alright, are we ready to take out Nextic? I realize we're not in the best of shape, but we've made it this far." If no one objects, Mantooth begins to move to the corner of the corridor, trying to be as silent as possible. He doesn't cross into view until the party has moved up or at least Matthias is with him.

Stealth 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (9) - 5 = 4


Dungeon Master

You have the potions, but you do not know what the first four potions are. Cebrë was able to determine what the last two potions do. Remove Disease.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Tell you what. Let me go first. I can get in a sneak shot--maybe even two--if I can get close enough before he notices me. As soon as I take my first shot, you guys can come around the corner and take whatever places you want--Manthooth, Matthias, and Florence in front, me Cebre and Thordak in back. If we need healing, then Matthias can back off and I can take his place, and he can get far enough back so that only we are affected by his Channelling. How does that sound, everyone?

@Cebre & Thordak: Remember, focus on Nextic. We'll shoot at him and take him down. Cebre, I suggest you use that nifty wand and try to disrupt any spells he might cast; since he uses magic through his music, I'll bet he can cast spells.

Cebre made the Spellcraft check to identify the 2 potions. Matthias, you have any ranks in Spellcraft to try the others?


Female Human Bard 4

Florence will assist Matthais when he tries to identify the potions

Assist Spellcraft1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

But without avail :(

If I may retcon a little bit, she would have also assistd Cebre.

Assist Spellcraft1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

That should have been enough.


Dungeon Master

Together, Cebrë and Florence are able to determine the contents of the four potions.

You may read the spoiler.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

OK, so lets use up these healing potions. Whomever is still hurt, go ahead and gulp one? Then the front-liners split up whatever's left?
.
So, I'm ready to get in there. I'll shout "now!" when I take my shot, Cebre and Thordak can roudn the corner and start firing, and the rest of you guys rush around the corner and get into position and we'll do this thing. How's that sound?


Dungeon Master

Thordak gulps down the first Healing Potion Heals 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (8, 4) + 4 = 16

Who else? Feel free to roll yourself.

Please let me know when you are ready to proceed.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

I peek my head around the corner again to refresh my memory.

Boy, I'm a little nervous . . . I'm going to have to get pretty close to those rats to get a good shot off at Nextic. I hope you guys will be right behind me when I yell for help!

DMHW--what kind of cover is in the hallway, besides shadows? And what is it that Nextic is standing on (is he standing??)


Dungeon Master

There seems to be no cover on the northbound hallway. There are bookcases on the east west bound hallway. Nextic appears to be standing as he plays. The rats simply stand there with their eyes transfixed on his playing.

Bofus, as you peer from around the corner, another dire rat suddenly runs by you (N22) from the hallway behind you (N10), but it does not pay you any heed. It scurries with a focus that is obsessive. It reaches the chamber with Nextic and joins the other rats transfixed upon the sound of his flute!


Female Human Bard 4

You integrated some German folklore, nice :)

Florence whispers to Bofus

What is there? Can you make out something?


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 8 (HP: 105/105, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Thordak is pleased with the results of drinking the potion. "Oi feel a lot better! Bofus, Oi'll switch with Matthias if he needs to back up and do some healin'." With this, Thordak draws his crossbow and begins to load a bolt, cranking the machine slowly and quietly.

HP: 22/30

Will there be penalties to Thordak's shots due to shooting past allies?


Male Human Paladin 8 (HP:88/95, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +5 Reflex, +11 Will)

Mantooth thinks for a moment about drinking one of the potions after seeing Thordak's results, but does not do so right now. Instead he just takes one of the potions and keeps it close on his belt. "I feel well enough to do battle right now, but I may need this to get to the other end of the hall."

HP: 14/26


Dungeon Master

@Thordak. the only penalties is if you are shooting into melee. Shooting past allies is not a problem.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
Florence wrote:

Florence whispers to Bofus

.
What is there? Can you make out something?

Hhhmm, no real cover. But between his being human--not the best eyes in teh world!--and him concentrating on his playing, I might just be able to sneak in close enough for a sucker shot, or even two.

.
Thordak, my friend, I'll gladly take you up on that offer! You're much better equipped for a fair fight than I am!
.
OK, so here's the plan: I'll sneak up as far as i need to, and shout "now;" you all storm into the corridor and do what you do best. Sound like a plan?

I get a big grin as I put an arrow on the string.

I think Matthias and Florence should each hold one of those other potions, since you'll be in front.
.
Is everyone ready???

CEBRE

Cebre pulls out her wand and nods curtly. Ready! I may use other magic besides simply striking Nextic, if the situation demands it.


Female Human Bard 4

Florence nods determinedly

Ready...oh yeah, absolutely ready. Let's stick this flute where the sun doesn't shine.


Dungeon Master

Please give me a marching order. What weapons are drawn? Stealth Check for anyone turning the corner. Please use coordinates if possible. Thanks!

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Hey guys, before I sneak out there . . . here's what I suggest. Thordak and Cebre stand right at teh corner, so as soon as you hear me signal, you can step out and shoot. I'm hoping the three of us can each get a "surprise round" shot off, that's what I'm gunning for here Our front-liners can charge past us as we're firing at Nextic when you hear me. Sound good? I'll let you decide while I sneak out there--but decide fast!! *wink*

I close my eyes briefly and take a deep breath, bow out w/arrow on string. Then I make a big smile and melt into the shadows of the corridor!!

DMHW: I don't have a current battlemat at work, but if I recall correctly, being 10' away from the rats should get me close enough for a Sneak Attack. If that's true, I'll hug the left wall and creep up to that distance.

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

CEBRE

Cebre is standing with her back to the north wall of the long corridor, just at tht corner, ready to roll to her left and fire off a charge of her Magic Missile wand at Nextic as soon as she hears the signal.


Female Human Bard 4

Florence moves up to the corner -sword drawn- and as soon as the signal is sounded, she runs to J22 (if that's correct).


Dungeon Master

Surprise Round

The following may release their ranged attacks. Please tell me if you are aiming for Nextic or his rats (well maybe).

Bofus (unresolved)
Cebrë (unresolved)
Thordak (unresolved)

I have moved the rest up the hallway immediately after the shots are fired.

Battlemat

Initiative

Bofus Initiative 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Cebrë Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Florence Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Mantooth Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Thordak Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Matthias Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Nextic's Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Dire Rats Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Round 1

Bofus (unresolved)
Matthias (unresolved)
Dire Rats (unresolved)
Florence (unresolved)
Mantooth (unresolved)
Cebrë (unresolved)
Thordak (unresolved)

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

SURPRISE ROUND

BOFUSI take a careful bead on Nextic's right eyeball. Just before I loose, I shout NOW!! so he has the heartbeat to see me there as I wink at him and let fly.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Damage: 1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + (1) = 4

CEBRE

Cebre rolls out from the corner and fires off a charge from her MM wand at Nextic.

Magic Missiles: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 2 = 6

ROUND 1

BOFUS

I'll take a second shot, then backpedal to M23 as indicated on the mat

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage: 1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (6) = 7

I'll wait on Cebre's action until Nextic goes, since she's later in the order and it might make a difference


Female Human Bard 4

Surprise round

Florence starts to sing "squashed rats keep falling on my head" all allies receive a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls and silently prays that all will survive this fight.

Round 1

Maintain singing and ready a countersong, just in case Nextic sings or plays.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

In light of Florence' song, please change my attack roll result for my Round 1 attack to 20, and damage total to 8. Thank you.

Nice tune, love!! "But that doesn't mean my hair will still be turning red . . ."


Male Human Paladin 8 (HP:88/95, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +5 Reflex, +11 Will)

Round 1
Mantooth moves up and to the left G22, his sword already drawn and descending upon the rat in front of him. [b]"Begone, foul beast!"[/ooc]

Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

At this point, Mantooth realizes just how much doesn't like dog-sized rats.

Confirm Critical 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Critical Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
Mantooth Longbrow wrote:

Round 1

At this point, Mantooth realizes just how much doesn't like dog-sized rats.

Hehehe!! Don't forget to add +1 hit/damage due to Florence's bard song, everyone!! Mantooth, that includes you: your total damage was 18 that last shot.


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 8 (HP: 105/105, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Surprise Round
Thordak advances to get the best shot possible K22 and takes aim with his crossbow at Nextic.

Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Round 1
Cursing under his breath, Thordak shakes his head as he reloads his crossbow, hastily taking another shot with his crossbow at Nextic.
Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Everyone:
Please feel free to correct/give advice as far as how to utilize Thordak in this fight. I am not that familiar with ranged combat or Dwarven tactics. - Mantooth

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Ranged & Dwarven Tactics:

* Dwarves tend to be duty-bound. So, they'll do their job. Thordak's job: help shoot down Nextic. Unless something more important comes up, "your average dwarf" will do what he needs to do--so keep on shootin'.

* Ranged: as long as you stay within 1 range increment (not possible to do otherwise in this case), don't shoot into melee if you can help it (again, not possible to NOT do, unless/until Nextic engages someone through the rats), and remember all your bonuses (like bardsong!!), just keep rollin'.

* The only reasons I can think of to stop shooting at Nextic are, in order of likelihood:
1) he dies
2) the front-liners begin to get swarmed
3) you run out of bolts

Don't fall into the common trap of "Dam, I keep missing--I'll move on to something else!" We three have to take him down quickly, by concentrating everything we've got at him.

As a general rule, we all (self included!!) need to get better in the "ganging up on someone" department. Fights will go a LOT better for us if we do that.

Anyway, my $0.02


Female Human Bard 4

Very good 2 cents.


Male Human 2

Matthias runs up to Mantooths side G23 He stops just before the swarm of rats and unleashes a fiery burst from his hands enveloping the front ranks of rats.

Burning Hands: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6 Do I add another to damage from the song?

dmhw:
Not sure if I used the dice correctly. It said 1d4 X caster level, does that mean since im level 2 i get two dice or did i have to rank up in it?

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
Matthias Teskerwill wrote:
Burning Hands: Do I add another to damage from the song?

Unfortunately, no. Only "weapon damage." You WOULD get a + to hit on any spell that required a hit roll, but you wouldn't get the damage bonus. At least, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't . . .


Dungeon Master

Surprise Round Summary

@Bofus. You let your arrow fly and it although it does not hit his eyeball, the arrow does pierce into his arm.
@Cebrë. The arcane bolts of the magic missile land true and score a direct hit on Nextic.
@ Thordak. Distractred by the thought of rats attacking you, your shot goes astray and misses.

Round 1 Summary

@Bofus. Your second shot also lands true and pierces through his cloak. Hit! Nextic glares back at you with hatred in his eyes.
@Matthias. A surge of fiery energy surges forth as you blast the dog sized rat in front of you. It collpses dead on the ground.
@ Dire Rats.

Bite against Mantooth 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Bite against Mantooth 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Bite against Matthias 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Confirm Critical 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Damage Against Matthias 1d4 ⇒ 3
Matthias, please roll Two Fortitude Saving Throws DC11

Bite against Matthias 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Bite against Matthias 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Damage Against Matthias 1d4 ⇒ 4
Matthias, please roll Another Two Fortitude Saving Throws DC11

@Florence. Your countersong becomes an attack in a battle of music against music in an unseen but sonic arcane battle of bards! Perform Check each round please.
@Mantooth. Your attack crushes the dire rat. It no longer moves!

@Nextic. The Slaver Lord shrugs off the blows to him and begins playing his flute with greater fury than ever.

Perform Check 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

@Cebrë (unresolved)
@Thordak. Although Florence's music brings some inspiration, your bolt goes still goes astray.

Battlemat

Round 2

Bofus (unresolved)
Matthias (unresolved)
Dire Rats (unresolved)
Florence (unresolved)
Mantooth (unresolved)
Nextic (unresolved)
Cebrë (unresolved)
Thordak (unresolved)

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

CEBRE, ROUND 1

DMHW:
In case you want to retcon it, the third missile from the surprise round: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Seeing as he's performing, we'll make a change of plans:
* Move to H23
* Cast Grease defensively. Target: Nextic's flute.

Cast Defensively (DC=17): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Effect: each round Nextic tries to use his flute, he must make a Reflex Save vs DC 16 or drop it. :-) Duration: 2 minutes

BOFUS, ROUND 2

Keep firing.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28<--ZOINKS!!
Critical Confirm: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 <--d'oh
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

CEBRE, ROUND 2

* 5' step to I23
Magic Missile wand on Nextic: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 1, 1) + 3 = 8


Male Human Paladin 8 (HP:88/95, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +5 Reflex, +11 Will)

Round 2

Mantooth stands where he is, taking a quick swing at the dire rat attacking Matthias F23.

"Don't let them surround you, Matthias! There's just two of us right now!"

Attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Do more dire rats keep appearing?


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 8 (HP: 105/105, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Round 2
Having loaded another bolt, the dwarf walks forward to get a better shot I23. Thordak then lets loose another shot over the rats towards Nextic.

Crossbow Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Crossbow Damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Human 2

dmhw:

Does burning hands have an area effect? I thought it had a 15 foot range.

Matthias now swings his scimitar out at the rat directly in front of him.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Dungeon Master

@Mantooth. The rats are being killed, but the ones behind are taking the places of the ones that are killed.

Matthias:
When you read up about a spell, range is actually how far away you can cast the spell. The area of effect is how many it will affect.

Round 1 Summary

Nextic's Reflex Saving Throw to hold onto his flute. 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Round 2 Summary

@Bofus. Your arrow hits Nextic, but it appears to have little effect on him.

@Matthias. @Your sciimitar swings and hits the dire rat, and badly wounds it!
Matthias, I am still looking for four Fortitude Save DC 11. For you, these are four rolls of 1d20+4.

@Dire Rats.

Bite Attack Against Mantooth 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 Hit!
Damage Against Mantooth 1d4 ⇒ 3
Mantooth, please roll 2 Fort Save DC 11
Bite Attack Against Mantooth 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 Miss!
Bite Attack Against Mantooth 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Miss!

Bite Attack Against Matthias 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Miss!
Bite Attack Against Matthias 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Miss!
Bite Attack Against Matthias 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 Miss!

@Florence (unresolved) You may use your countersong (DC 26) to try and nullify the effects of Nextic's haste effect on the rats for round 3.

@Mantooth. You swing at the dire rat viscously attacking you, but your sword swings wide and misses.

@Nextic. The mad piper begins playing with such haste that the rats all get worked up into such a frenzy that they begin attacking at twice the speed.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

@Cebrë. Your wand that once belonged to the old man discharges another series of three blasts of arcane energy damaging Nextic.

@Thordak. Your shot flies too high and misses the crazed flute player.

Battlemat

Round 3

Bofus (unresolved)
Matthias (unresolved)
Dire Rats (unresolved)
Florence (unresolved)
Mantooth (unresolved)
Nextic (unresolved)
Cebrë (unresolved)
Thordak (unresolved)


Male Human 2

Matthias lashes out at the rat on his right as they are trying to flank him. Florence or Thordak we need another person to hold the rats back otherwise were going to get surrounded!
Attack Check:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Fortitude saves:
1:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
2:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
3:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
4:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Female Human Bard 4

Wow, you're always so active when I'm asleep^^

RD2

Countersong1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Pfff, he's playing very good...damn

RD3

Countersong1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

C'mon Florence that's ridiculous...

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

ROUND 3

BOFUS

Shoot at Nextic again.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Move to dam, I don't have coordinates on the last map. 10' behind Matthias

Call out Guys!! Move back into the narrow hall so they can't get by you! Move slowly!!

CEBRE
Wand of Magic Missile against Nextic

Damage: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4, 1) + 3 = 11


Male Human Paladin 8 (HP:88/95, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +5 Reflex, +11 Will)

Round 3
HP:11/26

Fortitude Save 2d20 + 7 ⇒ (8, 9) + 7 = 24

With his antibodies surely surging to deflect the rat's disease, Mantooth brings his sword down on a rat to his right, trying to clear the way to back up into the hallway.

Longsword Attack1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Longsword Damage1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
If Matthias moves back five feet then Mantooth moves to the right five feet, provided there is no attack of opportunity. Also, would I get an attack of opportunity for using a potion?


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 8 (HP: 105/105, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Round 3

Thordak begins to grumble again under his beard as he reloads his crossbow again. "Please, Torag, guide moi bolt. It sure would be noice of you."

Finishing his appeal, Thordak lets another bolt go towards Nextic

Crossbow Shot 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Crossbow Damage 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

1,701 to 1,750 of 10,030 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.