Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Alexander Kilcoyne's Sargavan Saga

Game Master Alexander Kilcoyne

"What is this place? Puzzles in Azlant, more magic than you see in a year in Absalom. Wheels literally within wheels. Bound demons and wax golems? The expense must have been enormous. But why? To what end?"

Jakob

Kingdom Rules | SRD Reference | Pyramid, Level 1 | Pyramid, Level 2 |


2,101 to 2,150 of 4,152 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>

Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Your Humble Narrator

Lion's Maw

The young wench in the Maw disappeared into the kitchens again then emerged- and spoke directly to Ansha with a smile.

Cook says he's never met an Elf maiden before and wants to meet you, Miss Ansha. Will you oblige him?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -

Qhude and N'bellocq left for their hunt and Tebati found herself in the market, idly wandering and looking at the fruit stalls- and she noted Jakob also perusing the market. She felt a tug at her sleeve as a young human Zenj lad of about ten summers smiled up at her with large, trusting eyes, having just reached her after he navigated the morning crowds.

Excuse me miss, are you one of the group that "defended Jeggare's caravan"? he asked, concentrating as he clearly struggled to recite the words from memory.


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

In the marketplace

Tebati crouches down on the balls of her feet, laying her arm across her knees, to address the child at his own eye-level. "I traveled here with Jeggare's caravan and fought for my life and my friends' when we were attacked, yes," she smiles at him. "Do you have a message for me?"


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

At the Maw:

Ansha raises an eyebrow at the waitress, holding the expression as she shifts her gaze to Kieran. Shrugging, she stands from her stool at the bar and assents as she moves to follow the girl. "Alright. Isn't the town wizard an elf? Or is it that he's never met an elf maiden?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 16


Your Humble Narrator

In the marketplace-

The child was a little shy but nodded in response to Tebati's question.

Mindra Macini wants to invite you and any of your group to her ranch, for "polite conversation and a pro-po-sit-ion". She's really nice, Sangoma, you should go!

Inside the Maw

DM Only:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Ansha:

You had a nagging feeling that somehow, there is more to this request than meets the eye. It passes however, although you are left feeling slightly cautious.

Ansha moved into the kitchens with the young girl, leaving Kieran alone at the bar for a few moments.

Kieran:

As soon as Ansha was out of sight, Bellis Mara moved over to you.

Is it done? she asked.

Ansha:

The latter, Miss Ansha. Zesaste is indeed an Elf, but he is rarely seen out of his house.

The cook was a fat, middle aged Chelish man and he looked up at you with genuine enthusiasm from the eggs and meat he was cooking for you.

Miss Ansha, I presume! he half spoke, half shouted in delight. You are a vision, if I may presume to say so, my lady, a vision! I've not seen one of your kind for so many years and you do my eyes a service! he said enthusiastically as he gestured for you to stand closer and inspect the food he was cooking for you.


Male Human (Ijo) Monk 4 (Zen Archer)

On the hunt

Survival -> 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

N'bellocq follows Qhude's lead. More used to hunting animals by sight and sound amongst the trees, he tries to keep his eyes down, and instead focus on tracks in the dust.

Flex Time at the Maw

N'bellocq watches as more food is brought. Not really currently in the mood for a third meal this evening, but also not knowing if it is proper to eat the offered food, especially since he had already had so much and these men might truly b hungry. N'bellocq watches Jacob for a sign to follow, as these men seem to be from his country, and he would know the proper custom.


Your Humble Narrator

Outside of Freehold-

After a furious jog east, Freehold was now becoming more and more distant for Qhude and N'bellocq. A couple of hours have passed and the blistering morning sun has mercilessly sapped the hunters stamina and thus the pace has slowed somewhat. The two hunters paused as they came across some tracks- a small herd of what they identify as antelope recently passed through and they can easily tell they were headed south.


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

At the Maw:

Blushing at the compliment, Ansha smiles and replies, in a tone quite soft compared to his own bombastic voice, "You have me at a disadvantage, sir...?" Clearly, she is looking for his name. She obligingly moves closer to the food, leaning over slightly to smell it. "It smells wonderful," she says, looking back up at the cook, "You've met other elves beside Zesaste?"

Slight update to her spells prepared for the day, while I'm thinking of it.


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Outside of Freehold:

Qhude felt an easy peace in his heart. He did not smile or speak with N'bellocq beyond what was needed... but he was calm. The need to keep eyes on earth and measure his breath took his attention and allowed his mind to empty of all but the hunt. Sweat coated his flesh like a second skin as he took a knee to trace the tracks with his left hand. Turning to N'bellocq he grinned "Impala brother." before rising and turning South, awaiting his hunt partners sign to continue.

Another Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 - let me know if anything more is required.
Which direction is the wind (if any) coming from?


Your Humble Narrator

Inside the Maw

The cook grinned in pride at Ansha's words. The food did in fact smell very good, perhaps to the Elf's surprise.

The name's Andur he responded to the implied opportunity to introduce himself. Not since I was a boy, Ansha! I was raised in north-east Druma which, as i'm sure you know, borders with Kyonin. I never really enjoyed the Kalistocracy but i'll never forget when an ambassador from Kyonin with all her maidens passed through the village...

Outside of Freehold-

No other checks required yet, just adding some description to your previous rolls for the day. The wind is very gentle, blowing east.


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

At the Maw:

Ansha murmurs a "Pleasure to meet you, Andur." She gives the man a curious look, the beginnings of a conflicted half-frown, half-smile forming on her face. "Do go on," she urges.


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

In the marketplace-

DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:

The child was a little shy but nodded in response to Tebati's question.

Mindra Macini wants to invite you and any of your group to her ranch, for "polite conversation and a pro-po-sit-ion". She's really nice, Sangoma, you should go!

"The invitation is not for myself alone," she reminds the boy, "and our group has already separated for the day. When are we requested? I can carry the message to my friends, but some of them I do not expect to see before dark."


Male Half-Elf Fighter 2nd/Rogue 2nd

DM Alexander Kilcoyne:
"It is indeed," Kieran replies in a friendly, casual tone. "Not all that difficult, if I may say so myself," he continues, "and he should find it by himself soon enough."

"Funny thing about lost or misplaced items," he adds with a wink. "They always seem to be at the last place one looks."


Male Human (Ijo) Monk 4 (Zen Archer)

Outside Freehold

N'bellocq nods his understanding. "Impala. Fast, but not faster than my bow."

Continued Survival -> 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


Your Humble Narrator

Inside the Maw-

Kieran:

Typing my name must be a mouthful to type each time, DM is fine :P.

Bellis nodded sagely.

We'll not speak of this again she said, as a statement rather than a question. I might have more work for you. I'll let you know, Kieran she said quietly, then handed you a pouch of coins and moved away to continue her inventory.

Well, they were certainly a sight, Miss Ansha! Ageless faces, beautiful gowns... even their travelling clothes seemed vibrant and wonderful! None of them could hold a candle to you though, pretty maiden. Someone ought to buy you a a gown like that eh? he said with a wink.

In the marketplace-

Mindra said she doesn't mind if she only speaks to one or two of you and you can speak to your fellows for her. She said you are welcome to join her for dinner, Sangoma the boy replied.


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

At the Maw:

Ansha smiles in return. "You flatter me, dear Andur. But who is to say that I do not already have such a gown?" She winks, then continues, "Do you recall the ambassador's name? I might have met them once or twice."


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)

Flexing with the men in the Maw.
Stranger said: "Yeah, it can get pretty heavy in here when a large caravan passes through. Pleased to meet you both, Jakob and N'bellocq! My name's Salgarth Macini and this is Rutilus Wintrish. We're both involved in the ranch business. What brings you to our fair town? Are you from Eleder? How does she fare?"

"Much as always. The government is hedged between the Noble families and the Pirates. The colonials are squeezing the Natives who occasionally decide not to be gripped while the Devil-king in Cheliax and the Demon-king in the jungle wonder if Sargrava is worth the indegestion it would cause to eat. Same old Elander same old Sargava.
Much more interested in what is happening here. If what I was told is correct then Freehold might be the key to a future free from demon, devil, and pirate. Might even save the families but I'm not so sure."

Jakob takes a drink

"One ranch can only do so much." "So you are a rancher?"


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

In the marketplace-

DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:
Mindra said she doesn't mind if she only speaks to one or two of you and you can speak to your fellows for her. She said you are welcome to join her for dinner, Sangoma the boy replied.

"And what time is dinner?" Tebati asks the boy with a smile. "Where is the sun in the sky when your Mindra dines?" Once she has a general idea of when they may be expected, she straightens her knees to return to her natural height. "I will find those of my companions I can and deliver the message. You may report back that your invitation has been accepted."

She looks around the marketplace to see if she can catch another glimpse of Jakob somewhere in the crowd. Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 If she doesn't see him, she doesn't exercise herself to conduct a more thorough search, instead purchasing a piece of fresh fruit to eat before heading back to the Lion's Maw to see if Ansha or Kieran might still be there.


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Outside Freehold:

"They run South, though the wind is crosswise so we should draw near before they notice. Come" putting legs back to use by running after the tracks... there was time for rest after the hunt had met success.


Your Humble Narrator

In the marketplace-

Tebati spied Jakob browsing over a selection of clothing, a few sections away

Outside Freehold-

Qhude and N'bellocq continued on for a couple more hours before they eventually came across the small antelope herd. They stalked as close as they dared to without the chance to spook them- and unleashed a swift volley of javelins and arrows. Between the two hunters, they had brought down an antelope large enough to feed five men for a day while the rest of the herd made its escape.

Mark off a couple of arrows N'bellocq.

In the Lion's Maw, Present-

I'm afraid I was just a lad, Ansha, and I wasn't important-like. It was something pretty but I can't remember. Sorry dear. Give me a few minutes and i'll bring your food out to you Andurs replied.

In the Lion's Maw, Flextime-

Salgarth and his man Rutilus chuckled in their hunched positions at the table with genuine mirth at Jakob's comments.

Very appropriate metaphors. Freehold, saving Sargava? First i've heard of it. Tis certainly a strange place, compared to the turmoil of most settlements. I wouldn't say its without its own share of problems though Salgarth said with a wry smile.

Well, I suppose I may have been over-simplifying, calling myself a rancher. I own a large share of the ranch and help to manage it, broker deals in Eleder, that sort of thing. Mindra is fond of trying to put natives in an ambassadorial role, but particularly in Eleder, that never worked out. Oh they tried, Erastil bless their stubborn hearts, they try so hard- but too much industry, especially in Eleder, is owned by colonials who won't take a Mwangi man seriously in matters of business. The ranch lost too much money and opportunities, so I stepped in.


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Outside Freehold:

Thrill of the chase ascendant in his blood, Qhude's breath was heavy and hot as he looked down at their prey. Seeing that the antelope suffered still, he took a knee beside the beast and mercifully snapped it's neck. Stroking the beast's pelt with one hand he closed the antelope's eyes with the other before reaching for his dagger. "Best we gut it here brother, it will make the carcass lighter for our journey back."

Is it too presumptuous to beg that we bring down a buck? - one of Qhude's secondary goals of the hunt was to get a antelope skull c/w horns that he could use as barter fodder with Cruthoniax.


Your Humble Narrator

You landed other hits, its possible following a blood trail could lead you to one of the bucks you hit...


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Slight Retcon:

After snapping the doe's neck and retrieving his javelins, Qhude tried to follow the blood trail of one of the bucks...
Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Edit: As in tried to remember which way one of the bucks ran and followed a blood trail that went in that direction.


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

At the Maw:

Ansha nods and turns to return to the bar. "Thank you."

After she arrives at her seat, she shakes her head and glances at Kieran. "So, you were saying something about window-shopping?"


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

In the marketplace-

DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:

Tebati spied Jakob browsing over a selection of clothing, a few sections away.

She moves through the shoppers in his direction. "Jakob," she calls out quietly when she is a few steps away. When he has turned and seen her, she closes the distance between them. "We have been extended an invitation to dinner by Mindra Macini."


Male Half-Elf Fighter 2nd/Rogue 2nd

DM Alexander Kilcoyne:
"Pleasure doing business with you, Lady Mara," he says with a smile before pocketing the money offered. "You know where to find me, I am sure."

How much is there, if I may ask?

"Yes, I was actually," the half-elf nods in affirmation. "Would you care to join me or do you have other plans? Who knows, perhaps we will find something of interest to do while we walk around town."


Your Humble Narrator

Kieran:

50 gold coins- you suspect the amount is far more than you'd expect for a simple job simply as an incentive to keep you quiet.


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

At the Maw:

""No, no other plans, really. I may stop by the resident wizard's house, but other than that--and breakfast, of course--I've not thought about it." A wry smile crosses her lips as she adds, "Though I am curious just what kinds of perfume they sell around here." And what that drunkard from last night is planning on buying me....


Male Human (Ijo) Monk 4 (Zen Archer)

Outside Freehold

N'bellocq assisting with the gutting. Shouldering his bow, he will take on the carcass, allowing Qhude to continue his pursuit unheeded.

Following the Blood Trail - Survival -> 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

"Brother, it limps...this way. It will fall back. If you seek a struggle in the kill, you best hurry, lest it bleed out."

In the Lion's Maw, Flextime

"It must have been hard for those before you to conduct business in Eleder, when so many look upon us as business. N'bellocq continues to neither eat nor drink, and no longer glances to Jacob. He sits passively to hear what this is all about.


Your Humble Narrator
N'bellocq wrote:

In the Lion's Maw, Flextime

"It must have been hard for those before you to conduct business in Eleder, when so many look upon us as business. N'bellocq continues to neither eat nor drink, and no longer glances to Jacob. He sits passively to hear what this is all about.

In the Lion's Maw, Flextime

Salgarth looked a little taken aback and calmly asked-

Surely you do not begrudge me for the truth, my good man? I have never claimed to treat a Mwangi man as a lesser to a colonial, but if I do say so myself, that attitude is not uncommon in Eleder. I did not mean to offend.

The table was momentarily dead silent in the loud and rowdy common room as the two men looked uncomfortably at N'bellocq for his answer.

On the hunt-

It did not take long for Qhude and N'bellocq to come across a buck- it had bled out from the arrow embedded in its neck. By this time, N'bellocq and Qhude were aware their hunting day was almost done.


Male Human (Ijo) Monk 4 (Zen Archer)

In the Maw - Flex

N'bellocq nods his head slightly, "Sorry, the offence may be mine. That was not directed at you, if you are men of high standards. But as you say, not all in Eleder share your standards, nor I may add, do all Mwangi. So please, continue to tell us of this ranch." N'bellocq takes a small piece of fruit from the plate and smiles in appreciation at its sweetness.

On the hunt

"It is good that we followed this one. Its sacrifice should not have been wasted on scavengers."


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

On the hunt:

Qhude kneels beside the buck that bled out and puts a hand to its flank. "Aye brother, and the honor of this kill is yours" pulling the arrow from it's neck carefully. "We should work quickly as the day grows long... would you let me claim this one's skull as trophy?"

The buck is dragged back to where the doe fell by it's horns and both antelope are field dressed and gutted...
Take 10 on Survival for 16
... before being prepped for the long run back to Freehold.


Male Human (Ijo) Monk 4 (Zen Archer)

"The skull is yours if you wish. Should we take these to the caravan? I can only imagine the response you might get today carrying these into the tavern."


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Qhude chuckles in response "Heh, indeed brother, and I thank you for the trophy... hopefully it will serve it's use. I will take my kill to the wagons... the meat of the other is yours N'bellocq, and you can do with it as you will."


Male Human (Ijo) Monk 4 (Zen Archer)

"I will join you. A hard earned meal will sit better then the piles of food one can receive with little effort in the town."


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Qhude nods a stoic acceptance before setting his mind to the grim task of gutting the doe. His hand is firm and unflinching, though there is a touch of almost gentleness to his movements. The innards of the animal are set aside before he hefts the body across his shoulders gripping it by the legs and unmindful of the gore that slowly oozes out of the cavity to stain his back.


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

At the Maw:

Ansha awaits her breakfast, chatting quietly with Kieran and the girl at the bar. After breakfast (taken with a snifter of brandy, of course), she excuses herself and returns to her room. A considerable tmie later, only after she has made herself presentable--freshly bathed and hair brushed meticulously, in magically-cleaned clothing--does she return, passing out the front door of the Maw with the map to Zesaste's house in hand. Instead of heading straight for the other elf's house, though, she first heads for the marketplace, keeping an eye out for her 'admirer' while she browses the various non-foodstuff stalls there. Looking for nothing in particular, she offers a ready smile to everyone she passes by, her emerald eyes wandering the people as much as the merchandise.

Also, Qhude--ewwwww.


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)
Tebati wrote:

In the marketplace-

DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:

Tebati spied Jakob browsing over a selection of clothing, a few sections away.

She moves through the shoppers in his direction. "Jakob," she calls out quietly when she is a few steps away. When he has turned and seen her, she closes the distance between them. "We have been extended an invitation to dinner by Mindra Macini."

Jakob seems suprised. "That was quick. I expected at least another day or two before being asked to present ourselves. How did they contact you? It might tell us something about the meeting."

Flexing in the May
"This is a strange place to one used to Elander and it had quite the reputation. Do you find the politics surrounding this place make buniness easier or more difficult?"

Just small talk and fishing for something unusual at this point. Ready to de-flex.


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

With Jakob, in the marketplace

She shrugs. "They sent a boy to the market just now, looking for one that traveled with Jeggare." She turns and looks, but the boy is long since lost from sight in the crowd. "It is not mere hospitality; his message mentioned some sort of proposition."


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)
Tebati wrote:

With Jakob, in the marketplace

She shrugs. "They sent a boy to the market just now, looking for one that traveled with Jeggare." She turns and looks, but the boy is long since lost from sight in the crowd. "It is not mere hospitality; his message mentioned some sort of proposition."

Jakobs voice sours. "Ah.. the servants entrance then." "Still," he says brightening "Ansha should enjoy herself. She will cut quite the figure here," Jakob glances at Tebati "..as will you I think."

Jakob clears his throat. "Oh well, enough time to ponder politics once we are at the table."

Buying a new travellers outfit.


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

With Jakob, in the marketplace

"Did you not bring your trinket from the Custodian with which to pull rank?" she inquires dryly. "Undoubtedly your social standing is high enough to command respect, were you to insist on it. And if you can arrange to enter with Ansha on your arm...." She trails off with a smile, implying that the possibilities in such a case are limitless. She looks over the clothing stall Jakob is perusing. "After the 'welcome' Qhude received, perhaps less travel-worn clothes would be wise," she frowns, "but I have no intention of dressing like a colonial ... or a Zenj. Where are you headed from here? Back to the inn, or have you business elsewhere? I'm sure Ansha would appreciate as much advance notice as possible that she will be dining with the most important personage in town."


Male Half-Elf Fighter 2nd/Rogue 2nd

A few minutes after Ansha leaves, Kieran does the same. Unlike the elf, however, he has no particular destination in mind, instead seeking to simply get to know the city a little better, its businesses and places of interest, as well as its streets and back alleys. 'One never knows when one might need to get quickly and quietly from one place to another,' he ponders as he walks, 'or make a quick getaway for that matter.'

"So, no... criminals of note here," he mutters to himself, softly echoing Bellis' words from earlier, all the while looking for evidence or even hint to the contrary as he makes his way through the city.


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)
Tebati wrote:

With Jakob, in the marketplace

"Did you not bring your trinket from the Custodian with which to pull rank?" she inquires dryly.

"That trinket is more trouble than it is worth. Besides one medal would mean little without the cash and power to back it, and even if I could afford the tarriff that is not a road I want to go down. Jakob the noble is a name written on a bit of dead sheep, Jakob the hero is a lie our leader finds convienent. Jakob the traveller is real. That is who will be at dinner. Yes Ansha will be pleased at this chance to make new friends."

.
.
"No, I have no more plans, simply wandering and seeing what is here. Oh, and getting some new clothes. Travel is rather hard on the wardrobe."


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

With Jakob, in the marketplace

"I don't know where the others are," she says, "but I will go back to the inn shortly and try to deliver the invitation. If you see either of them around town, tell them about our appointment?" Tebati will look around for clothing in the Bonuwat style for a while; if she can find nothing she cares for, she will make do with mending on her own road-worn clothes and ask Ansha for a prestidigitation. If she doesn't run across Ansha in the market before she's done, she'll head back to the Lion's Maw to look for her and/or Kieran.


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)
Tebati wrote:

With Jakob, in the marketplace

"I don't know where the others are," she says, "but I will go back to the inn shortly and try to deliver the invitation. If you see either of them around town, tell them about our appointment?" Tebati will look around for clothing in the Bonuwat style for a while; if she can find nothing she cares for, she will make do with mending on her own road-worn clothes and ask Ansha for a prestidigitation. If she doesn't run across Ansha in the market before she's done, she'll head back to the Lion's Maw to look for her and/or Kieran.

"I will head to Jeggare's camp. Qhude and your cousin were hunting today they will likely fetch up there. Besides Jeggare may now something about our host." "That reminds me. Who exactly wa this invitation for? Are Jeggare and the others joining us?"


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

Tebati shakes her head. "I do not believe so. The boy said he was looking for those who 'defended Jeggare's caravan,' not Jeggare and his people themselves. I do not know if Qhude and N'bellocq will be back from the hunt by the time this Mindra Macini expects us at table -- or if they would be welcome, if they were. If Qhude is not couth enough for the proprietress of the Lion's Maw, how much more unfit will he be for dinner with the owner of the ranch herself?" she asks a bit sourly.

Plus, y'know, with the whole "impala juice dripping down his back" thing. :P


Your Humble Narrator

Inside/Near the Lion's Maw-

Flextime-

Salgarth shrugged non-committally to answer both avenues of inquiry.

Not much more to tell really. We're the biggest cattle ranch in Sargava. As for politics, the council members are all directly tied to the ranch itself, not much else happens; and as we all have shares in the ranch, there is little difficulty with politics interfering with business. We don't interfere with religion and we make decisions by majority voting. We have a lot of meetings and make a lot of decisions, but there isn't much else to tell. Zesaste, the town wizard and I want to make the ranch more profitable but some disagreements have stalled the process.

The pair stayed for another hour or so, making small talk and generally being very friendly. Jakob continued to get the impression that Salgarth wanted to make a good impression on him in particular, and N'bellocq to a lesser degree.

Present-

As Kieran exited the inn, he bumped into Tebati who was just about to enter it. Ansha had not yet got herself ready for the day ahead and was in her room- a fact the attentive wenches in the Maw would share if asked.

Jeggare's Caravan Camp-

Most of Jeggare's crew were enjoying a day off in the town, with a skeleton crew that remained only to keep an eye on things. The half-elf himself was just about to visit the market himself and Jakob found him walking into the town just as he reached the outskirts himself.


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

Outside the Lion's Maw

Tebati is startled, but pleasantly so, to run into Kieran at the inn door. "I was coming back to look for you, and Ansha. A boy found me in the market with an invitation for our group to dine with Mindra Macini today. I have accepted for myself, and Jakob intends to go as well. Will you join us?"

After speaking with Kieran, Tebati will wait to deliver the message to Ansha as well, if she takes too long, going up to her room and knocking to talk while she's getting ready.


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

Meanwhile, Ansha continues--at this point--her bath.


Male Half-Elf Fighter 2nd/Rogue 2nd

"You just caught me on my way to town, but it is not like I had any particular destination in mind," Kieran replies with a shrug. "It would therefore be my distinct pleasure to accompany you to this dinner, my dear and beautiful Lady," the half-elf continues with a smile, equal parts mischief and affection, and a somewhat exaggerated bow.

2,101 to 2,150 of 4,152 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM AK's Sargavan Saga All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.