Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

Crypt of the Everflame

Game Master Nathan Hartshorn

City of Golden Death


1 to 50 of 3,112 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

The day is young and not many are up in the small town of Kassin. A cold chill blows in the air and you can tell Winter will soon be here.

You have all gotten word from the Mayor that you have been selected to bring back the flame from the crypt. Its been four years since the Mayor has selected anyone to partake in the Quest for the Everflame and you all feel honored to be selected. You are to meet in the square of town at noon for your send off ceremony but first you have last minute preparations to take care of.

Vivian:

You spend the morning in your family home cooking breakfast for your father, as you do every morning. He seems to be worse off than he was yesterday an you worry about him but he encourages you to head out on your adventure. After breakfast you take him to the church for his daily treatment. On your way you run into your old friend Anthony Jaspar. He gives you a quick hug "Good luck with everything" he says and then kisses the top of your head and whispers in your ear "No worries I'll watch him".

Qina:

You wake with a start as you, once again, had a dream of a white dragon. As per usual you had turned into one but this time you were pillaging Kassin looking for treasure to add to your hord. You were just about to attack your half sister with your breath weapon when you awoke. Crow also wakes with a start and looks at you "Happen again did it? he says rather nonchalantly and then begins preening himself. A few moments later there comes a knock on your door and an all familiar voice comes from the other side "Qina dear you sleep any longer and you are going to be late" your mother's voice calls.

Belathorian:

You awake at the temple as usual and set to your daily routine. You spend an hour in meditation before you meet with Praast to go over final preparations for your quest. "I'm proud of you my boy" he says with a smile. "Don't worry I handled the temple before you came here, I will be fine with out you here. Bring back the flame and make this town proud."

Gad’larr:

You wake and spend time in meditation, as is your ritual, when there is a knock on the door. You go to answer it and are shocked to see Merelda standing there.

Brezik:

You wake in your family home and you smell a very familiar smell filling the house. You make your way to the kitchen and you see that your mother has been up making her famous Baked Chicken Pie. She sees you enter the kitchen and you are the only one up right now. She smiles brightly at you "Just for you" she says.

Allister:

You wake and have one final sparing session with Cedron. Once that's done there is a knock at the door and as you answer it you are shocked to see Delarra standing there.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Cleric 6 | HP 50/50 | 20ft | AC 19 (21): T 14 : FF 17 (19) (w/Shield) | F +7 : R +4 : W +9 | I +3 : P +4 : C(a) +6 : C(w) +6 : D +8 : H +10 : Kn(R) +9 : Kn(P) +6 : P(s) +9 : SM +10 | CE 2/4 : ToG 7/7 : BR 6/7 : Spells [1]3/4 : [2]4/4 : [3]2/3 | Active conditions: Nightdrops
Shortcuts:
[dice=Heavy Mace]1d20+7[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8+3[/dice] [dice=Great Sword]1d20+9[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+4[/dice] [dice=DC]1d20+4[/dice]

Vivian goes about her routines in the house that have long been second nature to her. She tries to not read into Dominic's worsening condition today. Strength will come to him soon, Gorum will reward our family for my deeds in the Crypt.' The memory of their daily appointment at the Temple sours the reverie of glory. 'Estrasil.. When will this silly infatuation of my father's finally be through. If that 'Twice Born' had just left us alone, maybe Gorum's strength would have already arrived.. Belathorian does wear some attractive scale though.. even if it's tarnished with Estrasil's seal..' Apologies if I'm over stepping in your description Belathorian.

She was not surprised by her selection, if anything the past two years have been spent in annoyed patience, waiting for this moment to be announced and hurry towards her.

On their way to the Temple, Jaspar is a welcomed sight. Vivian loves the smell of soot and forge on him, breathing it in deeply for the short moment while he hugs her. She wonders is he'll miss her as he wishes her luck, and whether he'll make a move once she proves herself in the Crypt.

"Thank you Jaspar, it helps knowing you'll be here for him. Just keep the Iron I arranged for him close, please. I know he'll turn the corner soon."

Vivian walks her father to the Temple and then lets some of the worshipers take him inside. She stays out in the cold sunlight. Closing her eyes, she takes in the wind and rays for once last time before she'll head underground with the others. 'This group,' she muses to herself, ' we should make an easy run of the flame.' She has been following the Quests ever since she was a little girl.


Male,Dwarf Unchained Rogue, 6 | Hp:68 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 | CMD:18(+4vs trip and bullrush) | Fort:+5 ,Ref:+7 ,Will:+3 ,( +2 reflex vs. traps, +2 fort vs poison and spells ) | Init:+1 | Perc:+11 (+2 traps, +2 stone work, +2 avoid surprise)
Injuries:
9 lethal; 10 nonlethal / 68 Hitpoints
current conditions: Divine Shield (6 min) Resist Fire (60 min)

A Pie just for me?

Brezik stopped for a second ...

You mean... I don't have to share it with the pipsqueaks... a tone of awe permeated his words. This was unprecedented. Never did he get a pie all to himself.

At his mothers laugh and nod the young dwarf grabbed the pie... scooped up his "work bags" and bounded out the door slamming it shut loudly enough to wake the whole house hold. He had not even thought to say thank you... He was in good spirits.

Got to get this pie out of here before my brothers and sisters wake up and want a piece... Oh this is great I never get a whole pie all to my self... why would she....

Then he remembered it... today was the day of the Everflame... She knew how much he hated the cemetery... but he had to do it... He couldn't let the others go in there without him. He was no coward.

Still an emptiness filled his stomach with dread... quickly he tried to fill it with the first slice of pie as he walked down the street. For a few seconds the cemetery was completely forgotten... Then the piece of pie was gone... and dread started to creep in around the edges of his world again.

OH I HATE THE CEMETERY... ABSOLUTELY HATE IT!!! Brezik yelled it out not really caring that it was early in the morning and some of the neighbors might not be awake yet.

There were only two things that could really take his mind off of what he was going to have to do later today. One of them was his mom's chicken pie... but that wasn't going to last long... the other was the heat of the forge, the glow of heated metal, and the sound of hammer on anvil. When he was working iron and steel nothing could bother him... He didn't have to worry about the way people looked at him or whether he had made someone mad without knowing it again. People he would never understand... but the forge made sense.. just thinking about it calmed him... He only had till noon till he had to be at the Mayors... but he would lose himself in work for as long as he could... He doubled his pace to get to the forge... trying not to think about the fact he was going to the cemetery later today.

Than he saw that Vivian girl out side the temple... He knew she brought her da here every day... Brezik's ma had said the old man was going to die soon... and go to the cemetery... just the idea of it ran a shiver up his back. He hated talking to her because it always made him sad... Well Today is a day to be brave... I'm going to do the right thing... I'm going to talk to her and be Nice!!!

HEY VIVIAN!!!, Is your DA Still alive? seeing the look on her face Brezik knew he had said the wrong thing but had no idea why... then he decided to make the ultimate sacrifice for her ...want a piece of Pie?

Bezrick holds out a piece of chicken pie that he has scooped out of the tin with his bare hands. There is clearly some grime from his hand smeared on to the crumbling piece of food.


Stats:
N Samsaran Male Warpriest 5 | HP: (30/45) | AC: 18 (T: 11, F: 17) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20ft | Effects:

Belathorian's left hand tightened around the spiral of silver in his cloak pocket, a gift from Karakt.

"Thank you Father Praast, I will not let you down. I know this task is the one I am fated to, but I am torn. Dominic requires the ministrations of Pharasma one way or another, please do what you can for him while I am away, I know he holds Estrasil dear."

With that he turns, cloak billowing out, and heads to the square. As he passes into the light of the midday sun he raises his hood out of habit, to hide his more outlandish features.

The scale, attractive as it is, is unadorned though Belathorian is a devotee of Pharasma not Estrasil. It occurs to me that I haven't actually written a physical description though, I'll get on that.

I was hoping Vivian and Belatharion could be friends... -sobs- :P

Grand Lodge

Female Human Cleric 6 | HP 50/50 | 20ft | AC 19 (21): T 14 : FF 17 (19) (w/Shield) | F +7 : R +4 : W +9 | I +3 : P +4 : C(a) +6 : C(w) +6 : D +8 : H +10 : Kn(R) +9 : Kn(P) +6 : P(s) +9 : SM +10 | CE 2/4 : ToG 7/7 : BR 6/7 : Spells [1]3/4 : [2]4/4 : [3]2/3 | Active conditions: Nightdrops
Shortcuts:
[dice=Heavy Mace]1d20+7[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8+3[/dice] [dice=Great Sword]1d20+9[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+4[/dice] [dice=DC]1d20+4[/dice]
Belathorian Twice Born wrote:

Belathorian's left hand tightened around the spiral of silver in his cloak pocket, a gift from Karakt.

"Thank you Father Praast, I will not let you down. I know this task is the one I am fated to, but I am torn. Dominic requires the ministrations of Pharasma one way or another, please do what you can for him while I am away, I know he holds Estrasil dear."

With that he turns, cloak billowing out, and heads to the square. As he passes into the light of the midday sun he raises his hood out of habit, to hide his more outlandish features.

The scale, attractive as it is, is unadorned though Belathorian is a devotee of Pharasma not Estrasil. It occurs to me that I haven't actually written a physical description though, I'll get on that.

I was hoping Vivian and Belatharion could be friends... -sobs- :P

Gah! My bad, I must have miss-read something or you were miss-labeled somewhere. My intention was for Viv's father to be of the same faith as you. Then she'd grow to like the connection you bring to her father, building that friendship there. If everyone doesn't mind, replace Estrasil with Pharasma in my post...


Halfling HP 43/43 AC 16, Touch 15, Flatfooted 12, CMD 15, Saves F 5, R 7, W 7; Perception +11, Sense Motive +1; Init +4

Qina sat up quickly with a bead of sweat rolling down her cheek. It took her a moment of heavy breathing before being able to catch her breath. She wiped the sweat from her brow with her sleeve before turning to look at the raven. "Quiet you. Don't be silly. I was dreaming of...kittens. Yes, kittens. You know how they terrify me so."

Qina was still sitting on the bed, legs hung over the edges with her face in her palms when the knock at the door came. She ran her fingers through her hair to brush it back out of her face. "Coming mother" she hollered through the closed door. She hopped out of bed and landed gently on her feet. She quickly changed her clothes, slipping into her leather breeches, linen shirt and leather vest. She buckled her belt and affixed her pouches ensuring she had everything she would need for the big day. She grabbed her pack and slung it over her shoulder as she headed for the doorway. She stopped and turned around, heading back the small bed. She reached down and grabbed the small box underneath and sat down on the bed with the box on her lap. Opening it, she took out the small flask and hung it from her neck. She climbed back onto her bed, stretching up to reach the longspear hanging above her head on the wall. Clutching the long polearm in both hands, she vaulted off the bed and landed with a thud on the floor. "Well, are you coming Crow? We don't have all day, you know." The black raven flew over and landed on her shoulder as they headed out the door.

She stopped for a moment in the common room of the house to say goodbye to her family and grabbed a few fruits and half a loaf of bread in the process. She even wished her sister well before hugging her father and giving her mother a kiss on the cheek before departing.

The walk to the town square wasn't a long one, and she skipped almost the whole way there. She even whistled as she went along. Crow spread his wings and launched himself off of her shoulder to take flight. He glided through the air as only a bird could. He returned to her shoulder a few minutes later having gotten the kinks out and stretched his wings. "There are a few gathered there already."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin of the Dawnguard 6 | HP 34/53 | Speed 20ft | AC 19 : T 9 : FF 19 | F +10 : R +6 : W +9 | Init -1 | CMB +11 : CMD 19 | Smite Evil 1/2 : Lay on Hands 3/9 | Active Conditions: None
Extra:
Gauntlet (+11-6/1d3+5/*2), Short Sword (+11-6/1d6+5/19-20/*2), Brightfang (+13-8/2d6+7/19-20/*2), Javelin (+6-1/1d6+5/*2/30ft) | Dip +12, Heal +10, HA +12, Per +1, SM +9, Prof (S) +4 | S +5, D -1, C +1, I -2, W +1, Ch +3

The news of his selection to retrieve the Everflame largely confused Allister Sunscale.

The Everflame is not why I came to Kassin. I don’t even know what the Everflame is… I was sent to Kassin so I could fight evil. Could this be the true reason the Dawnguard sent me? But the Everflame is in some crypt… Underground… In the dark?

His thoughts fall together slowly, then Allister shudders at the thought of entering the darkness. Nothing else causes him so much fear.

If I don’t go I am a coward. I must go. I will go.

He checks his backpack for the Everburning Torch and nods with reassurance. He closes the backpack, but opens it again just to be sure. Allister spent hours packing and unpacking his equipment, then packing it again. He barely slept the night before, his mind tumbling with thoughts. The morning sparring session with Cedron calmed his mind, but now that he is alone the confusion is getting louder and louder. There are two hours until the Mayor wants Allister to meet in the town square, but he is beginning to think he will be late. The heat of his half-plate is stifling.

Allister jumps when his door knocks. His heart bounces with love and lust when he sees Delarra, but his stomach twists with anxiety.

”Delarra? Is everything... Are you... Is our boy...?”

He pauses so his mouth can catch his racing mind.

”You shouldn’t be here… Why are you here? You are more prettier than I even remembered. It's good to see you.”


Male Half-Orc Unchained Monk Level 6 | HP 58/58| Speed 50ft | AC 19, touch 16, FF 16, CMD 25 | Fort +7 : Ref +8 : Will +5 | Stun Fist 6/Day DC:15 (2 left)| Deflect Arrows 1/Rd | Percept.+10 | Ki Pool: 5 Points /0 Used | Cond:

"Irori's Tuffeted Tassles!"

Of all the people he expected to see this day...

Gad'larr catches himself finally, burying his mixed emotions at seeing this girl. No. A woman now and a mother to boot.
He closes his mouth so quickly his sharp teeth click together audibly. Welcome pain blossoms to help clear his head. He feels he might have chipped a tooth.
Much better.

"Mer. It is...surprising to see you. Here. Today."

Glib Gad. Your a regular Bard's left knee today aren't you.

Gad'larr then stands straight, raises a single greenish eyebrow, places both hands behind his back, and vows not to crumble any of his defenses in front of this person.

He clings to his calming mantra, repeating it only to himself over and over:

Irori blesses those who find strength in themselves.
Irori blesses those who find strength in themselves.
Irori blesses those who find strength in themselves.

He needed to get away! Now!

"I need to head for the town's square soon, or I'll be late for the ceremony. Would...would you like to walk with me?"

What! What was that stinking pile of *Feggreshtart Ormbak*!
WHAT are you thinking Gad!

*NOTE: "feggreshtart ormbak" is an orcish exclamation or curse for 'flaming dragon feces.' Although some translations differ.
-From the Pathfinder's Guild Guide to the Orcish Vernacular, (25th Illustrated Anniversary Edition, Absolom Press).


Allister:

Delarra smiles and shakes her head at you "And you are as charming as ever. I'm not allowed to say goodbye and good luck to the father of my child? I heard of your selection for the Quest...very honorable." she leans a bit closer and runs a hand down your left arm and then takes your hand. "If you have time...we could celebrate this acomplishment...together." she lets the word fade as she leans in for a kiss.

Gad'larr:

Merelda shakes her head "No I'd like to come in, it will only take a moment. I wanted to congratulate you on your selection for the Quest. You've turned into a rather fine man and I'm impressed with everything I put you through when we were younger that you were selected." she then leans in and kisses him gently on the cheek. "I also wanted to apologize for all the trouble that I got you into when we were younger. I knew how you felt about me and I used it to my advantage but that isn't a very nice thing to do to someone. I figure if you going off on adventure I might not see you again and I wanted to get that off my chest."

Grand Lodge

Female Human Cleric 6 | HP 50/50 | 20ft | AC 19 (21): T 14 : FF 17 (19) (w/Shield) | F +7 : R +4 : W +9 | I +3 : P +4 : C(a) +6 : C(w) +6 : D +8 : H +10 : Kn(R) +9 : Kn(P) +6 : P(s) +9 : SM +10 | CE 2/4 : ToG 7/7 : BR 6/7 : Spells [1]3/4 : [2]4/4 : [3]2/3 | Active conditions: Nightdrops
Shortcuts:
[dice=Heavy Mace]1d20+7[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8+3[/dice] [dice=Great Sword]1d20+9[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+4[/dice] [dice=DC]1d20+4[/dice]

Vivian smiles at Bezrick, "Of course he's still alive, he's getting better too!" She boasts the lie before aknowledging the pie. "And no thank you, I've been on a ridged diet preparing for this Quest, but I appreciate your generosity. Fill up Bezrick, we won't be having anything fresh for awhile starting this afternoon!' Vivian meant it as a positive thing, that they'll be on an adventure! Questing for honor, glory, and fame; but it surely will mean something different to the dwarf.

Vivian then sees Belathorian step outside, "Another one of our new commrades, come with me." She walks up to Belathorian and playfully shoulder checks him, the clanking of their armor brings her pleasure. "You're not nervous are you?" She teases him with a flirty grin.


Male Half-Orc Unchained Monk Level 6 | HP 58/58| Speed 50ft | AC 19, touch 16, FF 16, CMD 25 | Fort +7 : Ref +8 : Will +5 | Stun Fist 6/Day DC:15 (2 left)| Deflect Arrows 1/Rd | Percept.+10 | Ki Pool: 5 Points /0 Used | Cond:
DM Mathpro wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

"I am...touched Mer. I never knew you had any idea. We were just children.

I understand that you have your own children now as well. You are happy then?"

Merelda simply nods and smiles broadly.

Fighting the hated molten tears that threaten to burn his sockets of sight, Gad'larr clenches his fists behind him.
He would not cry. Not to her. She deserved better than that after her brave speech.

Gad'larr forces a broad smile showcasing his horridly sharp teeth, and tries to blow off the moment with bad humor.

"Well this day holds surprise after surprise. Next you'll tell me Irori himself is outside waiting to congratulate me on my successes."

The religious joke* falls flat and is obviously lost on the young woman.

Run! Just run Gad! Like you always have when things get too hard!

"I...need to go now. Thank you for time and your thoughtful words." They mean more to me than you will ever know.

Gad'larr turns, grabs his small pack and kit, then carefully moves past the woman without touching her or looking back.

She's still as beautiful as she had been when she was younger. More so even. He'd never had a chance. Gad'larr knew that. But hope is harder to kill than dragons...

*NOTE: Irori is a god of self-perfection and self-improvement. He believes success is it own reward and therefore congratulating someone on a
successful endevour is just a waste of time and effort for both parties involved, as that time and effort could be applied to a person's next personal challenge.


Stats:
N Samsaran Male Warpriest 5 | HP: (30/45) | AC: 18 (T: 11, F: 17) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20ft | Effects:

The figure that steps from the church of Estrasil is much the same as you have always seen him. Though this day undoubtedly calls for formality, Belatharion is not known for informality at any time.

Blued scalemaile covers his slender but athletic frame over the top of simple grey under armour. Over this Belatharion wears the hooded black vestments of his faith, long sleeves and tails tied practically tight for travelling, tall black boots complete the outfit. He is carrying a satchel and what seems to be a scythe sheathed across his shoulders.

Though you recognize him from around the town his features seem, if anything, more strange today. He has incredibly pale skin, almost blue if any would believe such a thing, and raven black hair. But the most unnerving things are his eyes, some say a childhood accident caused it, others insist the pupil-less white orbs are a gift from Pharasma herself. None even suspect the truth.

Belatharion takes the shoulder check with sullen resilience, completely missing the flirtatious smile, fearing another bout of bullying is about to ensue

Please, not her as well, not today, not in front of everyone

"My lady of the Graves knows all eventualities, what will be will be. Nerves are for the uncertain and the unfaithful."

Yes I am nervous!

"Vivian... your father... "

Belathorian trails off, he is not the diplomatic comforting priest yet.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin of the Dawnguard 6 | HP 34/53 | Speed 20ft | AC 19 : T 9 : FF 19 | F +10 : R +6 : W +9 | Init -1 | CMB +11 : CMD 19 | Smite Evil 1/2 : Lay on Hands 3/9 | Active Conditions: None
Extra:
Gauntlet (+11-6/1d3+5/*2), Short Sword (+11-6/1d6+5/19-20/*2), Brightfang (+13-8/2d6+7/19-20/*2), Javelin (+6-1/1d6+5/*2/30ft) | Dip +12, Heal +10, HA +12, Per +1, SM +9, Prof (S) +4 | S +5, D -1, C +1, I -2, W +1, Ch +3

Allister smiles and his anxiety disappears. He opens the door wide and beckons her inside.

"I don't know why they chose me, but I wish they would have sooner. I missed you."

He puts his hand on the small of Delarra's back and closes the door behind her. Nearly two hours later they emerge together. Allister is wearing his half-plate once again, with all his equipment strapped to his back. His confidence and vitality restored. He is beaming.

"It was...good...to see you. We can't walk out together, but I love you. Tell our son...Give him a kiss."


Male,Dwarf Unchained Rogue, 6 | Hp:68 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 | CMD:18(+4vs trip and bullrush) | Fort:+5 ,Ref:+7 ,Will:+3 ,( +2 reflex vs. traps, +2 fort vs poison and spells ) | Init:+1 | Perc:+11 (+2 traps, +2 stone work, +2 avoid surprise)
Injuries:
9 lethal; 10 nonlethal / 68 Hitpoints
current conditions: Divine Shield (6 min) Resist Fire (60 min)
Vivian Ferris wrote:
"And no thank you, I've been on a ridged diet preparing for this Quest, but I appreciate your generosity. Fill up Bezrick, we won't be having anything fresh for awhile starting this afternoon!'

Before she can finish the sentence Brezik lets out a sigh of relief and is stuffing the food into his own mouth. As Vivian greets Beltharion Brezik quickly finishes off the last piece of pie.

wow that was a close one... better finish this off before someone else shows up who might want a piece.

Beltharion wrote:
"Vivian... your father... "

Brezik walks up licking the bottom of his pie tin...

MMMnnmmmb... bllmmmm... Brezick pulls the pie tin down from his face. Hey Bel... I saw the coolest slug on the way here from home... it reminded me of you. I stepped on it though... I think it's still on the bottom of my shoe here look...

Brezik lifts his leg up trying to get it high enough for Beltharion and Vivian to see... not an easy task considering the amount of weight he carries around in hammers, tongs and other smithy tools on his belt. He inadvertently does a little dance waving the pie tin in the air to catch him self when he loses his balance for a second.

ooh I almost fell there... What's up?


Stats:
N Samsaran Male Warpriest 5 | HP: (30/45) | AC: 18 (T: 11, F: 17) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20ft | Effects:

A slug... great.

Trying desperately to rise above the perceived jibe, Belatharion retreats to his faith. As Brezik starts to fall he instinctively reaches out and steadies the dwarf, grabbing some part of his enormous pack.

"The doom of all creatures is known to my Lady of the Graves, that slug eats in her garden now."

A powerful force we will be, we cannot even hold a conversation together... time for new starts!

With this new resolve still strong in his heart he puts his shoulders back

"The task set before us looms, let us go to it..."

with that he sets off to the square once more, hoping the others will follow...

that sounded ok right? friendly but confident? Oh this is going to be a long couple of days...


Male Half-Orc Unchained Monk Level 6 | HP 58/58| Speed 50ft | AC 19, touch 16, FF 16, CMD 25 | Fort +7 : Ref +8 : Will +5 | Stun Fist 6/Day DC:15 (2 left)| Deflect Arrows 1/Rd | Percept.+10 | Ki Pool: 5 Points /0 Used | Cond:

Gad'larr sees and easily catches up to the odd trio heading for the ceremony in town, and smiles at the needed distraction.

Something to get my mind off Merelda!

"Gentlemen? Milady. A glorious day for a test of our metal is is not?"

Grabing the dwarf's filthy hand he pumps it heartily.

AH...Brezik! It is good to see you again! You've been working at the forge so much
recently we have not had the chance to talk and 'catch up'. I have missed your stories of family and food.
Sometimes on my journey to enlightenment those stories were the only thing to sustain me in my hunger."

Touching Vivian's metal clad shoulder, he almost sensed the chaos that rode her life like a bad horseman
that used too much spur. But the feeling was fleeting and likely just in his head.

"Vivian! My mother tells me your father is ill. I pray Irori shows him the path to
enlightenment should he pass. No doubt he has earned a peaceful rest."

Gad'larr furrows his brow at the male human in the dress of a Pharasmin soul guide.
Touching his forehead, lips, and heart with two fingers in the standard greeting of strangers from Jalmeray,
Gad'larr nods his head in apology.

"I apologize good sir, but I do not recognize you. Are you new to Kessen? I left nearly five years ago and have only recently returned.
I am Gad'larr Fireblood. Since it looks like we will be in the ceremony together, may I be forward and ask for your moniker?"


Stats:
N Samsaran Male Warpriest 5 | HP: (30/45) | AC: 18 (T: 11, F: 17) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20ft | Effects:

"I am living in Kassen for now but..."

Belatharion is taken aback, the only other half-orc he has seen with his own eyes is Karakt. And though his idol and the man before him did not look alike, the similarities were unnerving.

Realizing the silence was beginning to drag, Belatharion continues.

"Sorry... I have lived here for four years now to continue my training. I am Belatharion..."

With a shallow bow Belatharion leaves his full title unspoken, not wanting to remember the experience unless really necessary.

"well met Gad'larr Fireblood. What brings you back?"

Never having had a home, a family, Belatharion is intrigued by the idea of a 'home coming'

Grand Lodge

Female Human Cleric 6 | HP 50/50 | 20ft | AC 19 (21): T 14 : FF 17 (19) (w/Shield) | F +7 : R +4 : W +9 | I +3 : P +4 : C(a) +6 : C(w) +6 : D +8 : H +10 : Kn(R) +9 : Kn(P) +6 : P(s) +9 : SM +10 | CE 2/4 : ToG 7/7 : BR 6/7 : Spells [1]3/4 : [2]4/4 : [3]2/3 | Active conditions: Nightdrops
Shortcuts:
[dice=Heavy Mace]1d20+7[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8+3[/dice] [dice=Great Sword]1d20+9[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+4[/dice] [dice=DC]1d20+4[/dice]

Vivian turns and faces Belathorian, arms crossed and her flirty smirk still on her face. Slowly it fades as she waits for whatever his news on her father was, but instead he engages with Brezik. When it seems that it won't be offered up willingly, "Yes? My Father?" she doesn't try to sound annoyed, but sometimes her aggressiveness can be a little too thick.

Gad'larr then shows up, a name she heard when the group was announced but someone she hadn't seen for years.

"Gad! It's been forever!" Vivian recalls memories of the two wrestling as children. She remembered his leaving after the menacing accusations. Though she believes that he did those things like everyone else, it doesn't tarnish he perspective of him because she trusts that he is good from their youth. It was his leaving that inspired her to join the militia and try to progress out of small-town mediocrity as well.

Vivian drops down into a wrestling pose, her armor and gear jingling with the sudden movement. "Wha'da'ya say? Looks like you've beefed up a lot, but still think you can take on the 'Iron Maiden'?" Vivian has a wide smile at the sound of the impromptu nickname. The others know she is an attractive woman who is surprisingly feminine when she is not wearing her armor, but her tameless heart of war is too aggressive for most to court. Her jokes unintentionally walk the line of bullying and her actions can seem void of the familiar warmth that most women impress onto men.


Halfling HP 43/43 AC 16, Touch 15, Flatfooted 12, CMD 15, Saves F 5, R 7, W 7; Perception +11, Sense Motive +1; Init +4

Most people failed to notice Qina. It was nothing new. Her small stature meant that most people simply didn't see her. Usually it played to her advantage without any effort, but at the moment it made her just a little bit sad. She stood among those gathered wishing she was a bit bigger. Not just physically, but her persona, her reputation as well. Sure she was known and occasionally recognized around town. It was a relatively small town. She longed for the days would she would be thought of as a hero. Recognized for her unbelievable achievements in the face of overwhelming danger. Well, some danger anyway. Overwhelming was a probably a bit much for Qina.

She stood in the crowd waiting for the selected heroes to arrive. She knew the people selected, mostly by reputation, and what her mother had told her about them. Few people came through Kassen and didn't try her mother's cooking, and people liked to talk while they were eating. She knew Gad'larr hadn't been seen in the town for years until recently. Most people knew Brezik and not for good reasons. Vivian was well-known around town. The only place that seemed to spawn more gossip than the inn was the church, which is why she also knew who Belathorian was. Allister was the one she knew the least about, but even Qina had heard of the Dawnguard.

She did her best to wait patiently. It hadn't really registered to her that she was selected to join them on their expedition as it were. She was no hero. She knew next to nothing about adventuring. Didn't know how to swing a sword and didn't like the feel of heavy armor. She couldn't summon the divine magic and she was no crafter, outside of tattooing, and that didn't seem like an adventure's talent. She leaned heavily on her long spear, and sitting atop of it, was a small black bird, watching the proceedings more closely than she was.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin of the Dawnguard 6 | HP 34/53 | Speed 20ft | AC 19 : T 9 : FF 19 | F +10 : R +6 : W +9 | Init -1 | CMB +11 : CMD 19 | Smite Evil 1/2 : Lay on Hands 3/9 | Active Conditions: None
Extra:
Gauntlet (+11-6/1d3+5/*2), Short Sword (+11-6/1d6+5/19-20/*2), Brightfang (+13-8/2d6+7/19-20/*2), Javelin (+6-1/1d6+5/*2/30ft) | Dip +12, Heal +10, HA +12, Per +1, SM +9, Prof (S) +4 | S +5, D -1, C +1, I -2, W +1, Ch +3

Realizing that he is the last to arrive, and nearly late, Allister shambles into the town square causing his half-plate to clatter. He recognizes the faces of those chosen by the mayor to retrieve the Everflame, some more than others, but their names are lost to him.

Allister's attention is immediately drawn to the Halfling with wild, fiery-red hair and her beautiful black bird. He smiles wide as he introduces himself, though it is probably not the first time he has done so.

"Hi, I'm Allister! Your hair is really pretty. What's your name? Sorry, I forgot. I'm with the Dawnguard, have you heard of them? Wow, your bird is really neat!"

In his excitement Allister rushes through everything he hoped to say in a matter of seconds, leaving an awkward pause as he catches his breath.

He extends his hand out for the crow to examine. "Hi pretty bird, I'm Allister!"

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

"I really like animals. Hey, um, what's the Everflame?"


Male Half-Orc Unchained Monk Level 6 | HP 58/58| Speed 50ft | AC 19, touch 16, FF 16, CMD 25 | Fort +7 : Ref +8 : Will +5 | Stun Fist 6/Day DC:15 (2 left)| Deflect Arrows 1/Rd | Percept.+10 | Ki Pool: 5 Points /0 Used | Cond:

Gad'larr smiled at Vivian's playful antics. 'Gad' was a nickname he had not heard in a long time
and it did remind him he has had a few good days here in Kassin at one time or another.

Gad'larr gives VIvian his best 'toothy' smile.

"Tempting! Irori asks that I continually test myself in order to find enlightenment.
However, if we are to depart to the Crypt soon, it may be better if we refrain from
at least appearing to fight among ourselves."

Gad'larr worried that she was suppressing her pain over her father's illness. That kind of inner pain can create demons
of thought and deed at the worst of times.

Passing off those negative thoughts quickly, he turned back to their path, and towards their grouped destiny.
Vivian deserved better than pity. Her combat prowess in Kessen was well known to the town and beyond supposedly,
despite her small stature and pretty face.

Gad'larr's mom had been keeping him up to all hours of the night lately, catching him up on all the local town
gossip, as well as the kids he used to know.

Glancing ahead he noticed little Qina talking to some sort of knight in armor. Even fully grown now she barely made it to his waist.
He's heard she had developed a sorcerer's magic. He waved and shouted.

"Qina! Little White Mouse! Still pillaging your mom's cupboards for cheese?


Halfling HP 43/43 AC 16, Touch 15, Flatfooted 12, CMD 15, Saves F 5, R 7, W 7; Perception +11, Sense Motive +1; Init +4

Qina gulped nervously as she looked up at the armored man. She slowly looked over her left shoulder, and then her right. Realizing that he was actually talking to her of all people, she straightened as tall as she could and brought her hand up to her head in her best salute. "The Dawnguard, woah?" was all she was able to muster out at first. She blinked quickly a few times and when she next opened her mouth, everything came tumbling out. "It's nice to meet you Allister. This is raven, he's a crow...wait, that's not right. He's a crow, and his name is raven." The bird cawed loudly and fluttered his wings before speaking "you may call me Crow." "Yeah, that's his name. Isn't that what I said? No matter. My name is Qina, Qina Coldfire. Ma mama told me you were with the Dawnguard, but I didn't believe it. Not that mama is a liar, but that's just so...so cool. Er, I mean, prestigious. Yeah, and important too. Oh, the Everflame. You asked about the Everflame. The story goes that the town founder, retired from adventuring, battled off some bandits but he died in the process. He was buried in the town crypt and an everburning torch is down there with him. Every few years, the mayor sends someone down to light a torch, I think, and bring a piece of the flame back. At least that's what my mama says." Crow flapped his wings and flew over to Allister's shoulder, perching a top his armor. "Forgive her, she gets a little excited."

"GAD!" she screamed. She ran at the half-orc as fast as she could and latched on to his leg like a vice. She looked up at the boy who had grown into a man and simply asked "why did you leave?"


Male,Dwarf Unchained Rogue, 6 | Hp:68 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 | CMD:18(+4vs trip and bullrush) | Fort:+5 ,Ref:+7 ,Will:+3 ,( +2 reflex vs. traps, +2 fort vs poison and spells ) | Init:+1 | Perc:+11 (+2 traps, +2 stone work, +2 avoid surprise)
Injuries:
9 lethal; 10 nonlethal / 68 Hitpoints
current conditions: Divine Shield (6 min) Resist Fire (60 min)
Beltharion wrote:
"The doom of all creatures is known to my Lady of the Graves, that slug eats in her garden now."

Well if your Lady... Is that your ma or your girl friend has a problem with slugs in her garden My Da has this great...

Brezik trails off realizing he's not really being listened to especially with the arrival of Gad.

Gad'Larr wrote:

"AH...Brezik! It is good to see you again! You've been working at the forge so much recently we have not had the chance to talk and 'catch up'. I have missed your stories of family and food.

Sometimes on my journey to enlightenment those stories were the only thing to sustain me in my hunger."

Wow you sound hungry... I just finished my Ma's Chicken pie...

Breazick holds up the empty pie tin
but I think I have some cookies in my pack. Brezick takes his pack off and drops it on the ground with a thud. He turns his back to the group rummaging through the pack. he retrieves the bag he was looking for and realizes that he's been left behind... He throws his pack on and catches back up...

Vivian wrote:
"Wha'da'ya say? Looks like you've beefed up a lot, but still think you can take on the 'Iron Maiden'?"

Brezick laughs a huge laugh...

That's Funny... Iron Maiden... Cause you're a Girl like a maiden and you wear a lot of armor like your made out of iron.... ahh... Funny stuff... any one want a cookie?
Brezick reaches into the bag and pulls out one of the confections that's sold by the local baker and shoves it whole into his mouth with an explosion of crumbs tumbling into his beard... then holds out the bag for anyone to help themselves....

Gad'larr wrote:
"Qina! Little White Mouse! Still pillaging your mom's cupboards for cheese?

Blmmmblllggg

Brezick chews and swallows his cookie as quickly as he can. He can then be seen to be brushing some crumbs off his front although his fingers do leave some soot where they touch his clothing.

Brezick yells something in Halfling to Qina:
Qina is that guy bothering you... Cause if he is I'll back em off... if you want I mean... That is if he is um bothering you... Um hi Qina...

feel like I fell behind and had to do some catching up on what Brezick was doing...want a cookie?


Halfling HP 43/43 AC 16, Touch 15, Flatfooted 12, CMD 15, Saves F 5, R 7, W 7; Perception +11, Sense Motive +1; Init +4

Qina giggled and grinned at Brezick. Ever the protector.

Halfling:

"Hi Brezick. Aren't you sweet. No, this is Gad'larr, a friend. He's not bothering me, I just haven't seen him in a while. By the way, you're just the person I wanted to see. I wanted to ask you a question, well, more like a favor. I guess you could call it a deal. Anyway, I was going to bring my cooking stuff with me, but I can barely carry it. And since you seem strong enough to carry a house, I was wondering if you could carry it for me. I got you half a loaf of sweet bread from my ma, if you want it. Ooohhh, nice tongs."

Qina released her death grip on Gad's leg and knelt down, pulling her pack free in the process. She started rummaging through it looking for that half loaf of bread she packed this morning. She glanced up and noticed the raven sitting on Allister's shoulder. "Crow, get over here and leave that nice man alone."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin of the Dawnguard 6 | HP 34/53 | Speed 20ft | AC 19 : T 9 : FF 19 | F +10 : R +6 : W +9 | Init -1 | CMB +11 : CMD 19 | Smite Evil 1/2 : Lay on Hands 3/9 | Active Conditions: None
Extra:
Gauntlet (+11-6/1d3+5/*2), Short Sword (+11-6/1d6+5/19-20/*2), Brightfang (+13-8/2d6+7/19-20/*2), Javelin (+6-1/1d6+5/*2/30ft) | Dip +12, Heal +10, HA +12, Per +1, SM +9, Prof (S) +4 | S +5, D -1, C +1, I -2, W +1, Ch +3

As the bird flutters over and perches upon Allister's shoulder his eyes twinkle with happiness and excitement. "You can talk? Wow, a talking bird! You can perch on my shoulder any time...pretty bird." Allister is embarrassed that he has already forgotten it's name, but the shame passes quickly as he looks around hoping that anyone notices his new feathered friend.

That's when Allister sees the large Half-Orc approaching. His eyes narrow. He has had many run-ins with full-blooded orcs, and they are always evil. He stares in silence at Gad'larr for an uncomfortable amount of time.

"Half-Orc, huh? You're not evil, are you?"

The bird flies from his shoulder at Qina's call, which distracts Allister from his questioning of the Half-Orc for a sad moment.

The conversation between Qina and a very messy Dwarf whom Allister has seen around town and even purchased javelin tips from, but cannot remember by name, is indecipherable to him and registers no more than wind rushing through trees or a a stream of babbling water.

His attention turns back to the Half-Orc.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Cleric 6 | HP 50/50 | 20ft | AC 19 (21): T 14 : FF 17 (19) (w/Shield) | F +7 : R +4 : W +9 | I +3 : P +4 : C(a) +6 : C(w) +6 : D +8 : H +10 : Kn(R) +9 : Kn(P) +6 : P(s) +9 : SM +10 | CE 2/4 : ToG 7/7 : BR 6/7 : Spells [1]3/4 : [2]4/4 : [3]2/3 | Active conditions: Nightdrops
Shortcuts:
[dice=Heavy Mace]1d20+7[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8+3[/dice] [dice=Great Sword]1d20+9[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+4[/dice] [dice=DC]1d20+4[/dice]

"Qina! I've been meaning to thank your family for all the soup you've been sending lately. I was able to help your father put away a new lot of wood stock the other day, but please let me know what else I can do to repay you when we get back. By then Dominic should be on his feet too and we'll be able to prepare to plant a full field next year. I'm sure much of it will go towards your mother's baking." It is obvious to everyone but Vivian that she is in utter denial of her father's health. Her faith in Gorum and drive to heal Dominic through valor may also seem as nonsense to most as well, but Vivian refuses to be helpless in this.

Vivian eyes the only unfamiliar face suspiciously, not responding to Brezik's cookie offer as they had already spoken about food just a moment ago. 'Allister Sunscale, I presume... That half plate isn't bad on the eyes.. A Great Sword too?.. hmmm.'


Male Half-Orc Unchained Monk Level 6 | HP 58/58| Speed 50ft | AC 19, touch 16, FF 16, CMD 25 | Fort +7 : Ref +8 : Will +5 | Stun Fist 6/Day DC:15 (2 left)| Deflect Arrows 1/Rd | Percept.+10 | Ki Pool: 5 Points /0 Used | Cond:

Heart-achingly happy to see the somber halfling, Gad'larr ruffles her fluffy hair playfully, takes a cookie from Brezik's
bag gratefully, and answers her question as honestly as he ever could.

"I left to locate someone I desperately needed to find: My true self."

Glancing up at the stranger at his outburst, he smiles and gestures in his direction. Gad'larr can't help playing with them both further.

"Qina? Does this 'Knight in Shiny Armor' belong to you then? Are you forever lost to me now?"

Grabbing his chest dramatically, Gad'larr fakes a stagger for a few steps and then gives the knight a good smile full of his naturally
sharpened chompers as he finishes the cookie.

"Evil? No sir. I assure you I am merely as I appear: A simple monk of Irori in search of enlightenment.
And what of you good sir? I pray to Irori...tell me you will take good care of our little Qina? Will you make an honest woman of her?"


Male,Dwarf Unchained Rogue, 6 | Hp:68 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 | CMD:18(+4vs trip and bullrush) | Fort:+5 ,Ref:+7 ,Will:+3 ,( +2 reflex vs. traps, +2 fort vs poison and spells ) | Init:+1 | Perc:+11 (+2 traps, +2 stone work, +2 avoid surprise)
Injuries:
9 lethal; 10 nonlethal / 68 Hitpoints
current conditions: Divine Shield (6 min) Resist Fire (60 min)

Halfling:
No Problems Qina anything you need I'm glad to help...I can carry your stuff.

Gad'larr wrote:

"Evil? No sir. I assure you I am merely as I appear: A simple monk of Irori in search of enlightenment.

And what of you good sir? I pray to Irori...tell me you will take good care of our little Qina? Will you make an honest woman of her?"

Hearing all this Brezik's eyes grow wide... he looks at Qina... then her stomach then at Allister. He grows noticeably stern... and gives Allister a good long stare...

Look here pretty boy... two things... First, I don't take kindly to people picking on my friends... If you got a problem with Gad... then you have a problem with me... and I promise you this... you don't want to have a problem with me... Secondly if you got our innocent young Qina.... preg... er.. If she is with child you're going to do the honorable thing and marry her! Do you understand me?

Brezick looks to Qina and nods....

Halfling:
Unless of course that's not what you want Qina.


Halfling HP 43/43 AC 16, Touch 15, Flatfooted 12, CMD 15, Saves F 5, R 7, W 7; Perception +11, Sense Motive +1; Init +4

Qina looks up at the half-orc and scratches her head with a perplexed look on her face. "Well, I guess if you weren't here, you would have to leave to find you, wouldn't you?". Qina wasn't really sure she understood what she just said, but it sounded profound so she let it be. "Wait a minute, honest woman? You calling me a liar? I bet Vivian can still spank your bottom like when you's was kids. Don't make me make up a story to make her make you apologize for making me mad, cuz I'll do it. Wait, who's got a child?" it all started to sink in. These big folks had a strange sense of humor. Her eyes got as big as saucers and her face turned brighter than her flame-red hair. "Why, what, who, I never!" was all she could muster up in her embarrassed state. If ravens could laugh, Crow would have been hysterical.


Male Half-Orc Unchained Monk Level 6 | HP 58/58| Speed 50ft | AC 19, touch 16, FF 16, CMD 25 | Fort +7 : Ref +8 : Will +5 | Stun Fist 6/Day DC:15 (2 left)| Deflect Arrows 1/Rd | Percept.+10 | Ki Pool: 5 Points /0 Used | Cond:

"Easy does it little one! Just a bit of humor, at a little bit of your expense, to lighten the mood.
No harm done? Besides...if you are not careful you might cause your hair to get
frizzier than normal in your exasperation...and we all know we don't want that."

With a small smile of apology Gad turned to the strange knight with the big sword and gives a shallow
bow while touching his forehead, lips, and heart.

"Apologies sir knight. No offense meant of course. Just friendly humor among old and formerly lost
friends. I am Gad'larr Fireblood, but my friends call me 'Gad'. I was once of Kassin, and now so
again it seems. At least for the moment. Mainly, I have finally returned to help perform retrieving of the Flame."

Gad'larr looking at the armored figure curiously and raises a single greenish eyebrow.

"Are you joining us in this ceremonial tradition then?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin of the Dawnguard 6 | HP 34/53 | Speed 20ft | AC 19 : T 9 : FF 19 | F +10 : R +6 : W +9 | Init -1 | CMB +11 : CMD 19 | Smite Evil 1/2 : Lay on Hands 3/9 | Active Conditions: None
Extra:
Gauntlet (+11-6/1d3+5/*2), Short Sword (+11-6/1d6+5/19-20/*2), Brightfang (+13-8/2d6+7/19-20/*2), Javelin (+6-1/1d6+5/*2/30ft) | Dip +12, Heal +10, HA +12, Per +1, SM +9, Prof (S) +4 | S +5, D -1, C +1, I -2, W +1, Ch +3

Gad is good. I can remember that. Gad.

"I'm sorry, Gad, I just...I didn't mean..."

Long after it has become apparent to the others that there was a jest, a sudden smile breaks across Allister's lips and he throws his head back with a deep, loud laugh.

Suddenly remembering his duty, Allister drops to a knee and bows his head. "I am Allister Sunscale, initiate of the Dawnguard. I meant Qina no harm, and will only get her...Well...I will protect the Halfling with my life, I'm sworn to it. Protect the innocent, root out and destroy the wicked. It is my duty and my honor." It is apparent that Allister has said these words before, and even if his understanding of their true meaning is limited, he is sincere.

"I was chosen to find the Everflame, though I'm still not quite sure why..." He laughs again and stands. "It doesn't matter anyway. I am here, and I'm ready to..."

Enter the crypt. The darkness. The thought catches his tongue and sends a shiver down his spine.


Halfling HP 43/43 AC 16, Touch 15, Flatfooted 12, CMD 15, Saves F 5, R 7, W 7; Perception +11, Sense Motive +1; Init +4

"This is Allister, my new friend. Not that kind of friend. A friend friend. He's a Dawnguard and he likes my bird. Don't be silly, of course he's coming with us." She turns and looks at Allister. "You are coming with us, right?"

After Allister kneels...

"See, I told you he was coming with us, and he's a Dawnguard."

She turns her attention to Vivian. "I'm glad the soup seems to be helping. It's the least we can do. And thank you for helping with the wood. My father isn't as able as he once was."


Male Half-Orc Unchained Monk Level 6 | HP 58/58| Speed 50ft | AC 19, touch 16, FF 16, CMD 25 | Fort +7 : Ref +8 : Will +5 | Stun Fist 6/Day DC:15 (2 left)| Deflect Arrows 1/Rd | Percept.+10 | Ki Pool: 5 Points /0 Used | Cond:

"Please! No need to be so formal Holy Knight of Seranrae. Truthfully I am honored to meet one of your kind.
Testing oneself against the forces of evil on a daily basis is a challenging life, and one I can certainly understand and respect."

Reaching out to help the man up, Gad'larr smiles again and steadies Allister's rise. Gradually Gad comes to
understand and accept the Paladin's slow-mind act is not an act at all, but Sir Allister's true state.

"I welcome you as a friend and again apologize for my jest. It was not meant in any disrespect: I only
know that too many times I have been misjudged by my appearance before my true thoughts and
convictions can be expressed. Hence my minor verbal reprisal for the awkward question you posed.
Shall we continue as friends then? All of us?"


Male,Dwarf Unchained Rogue, 6 | Hp:68 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 | CMD:18(+4vs trip and bullrush) | Fort:+5 ,Ref:+7 ,Will:+3 ,( +2 reflex vs. traps, +2 fort vs poison and spells ) | Init:+1 | Perc:+11 (+2 traps, +2 stone work, +2 avoid surprise)
Injuries:
9 lethal; 10 nonlethal / 68 Hitpoints
current conditions: Divine Shield (6 min) Resist Fire (60 min)

Brezik stands down soaking in everything going on around him. Oh I get it! He is slow! People think that I am slow too sometimes. But my Da says that I'm real smart especially when it comes to working with metal . And my Mah says that I just have a little harder time understanding other people. But Allister if anyone picks on you for being slow you let me know and I'll make sure they know to be nice to you because you're my friend now... And that's what friends do..

Brezik pats Allister on the shoulder leaving a little spot of soot from the forges on Allister's clean armor.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin of the Dawnguard 6 | HP 34/53 | Speed 20ft | AC 19 : T 9 : FF 19 | F +10 : R +6 : W +9 | Init -1 | CMB +11 : CMD 19 | Smite Evil 1/2 : Lay on Hands 3/9 | Active Conditions: None
Extra:
Gauntlet (+11-6/1d3+5/*2), Short Sword (+11-6/1d6+5/19-20/*2), Brightfang (+13-8/2d6+7/19-20/*2), Javelin (+6-1/1d6+5/*2/30ft) | Dip +12, Heal +10, HA +12, Per +1, SM +9, Prof (S) +4 | S +5, D -1, C +1, I -2, W +1, Ch +3

"Three new friends in one day, wow!" Allister gives Brezik a playful swat on the shoulder but underestimates his strength, which causes the Dwarf's tools to clatter and Allister to break into laughter again.

It's at this time that Allister notices an attractive and stern woman giving him big eyes. He makes his way to her and extends his right hand for an introduction, forgetting the gauntlet he wears.

"I am Allister Sunscale of the Dawnguard, and yours is a face I could not soon forget. May I ask your name?" He bows his head in a sign of respect and to hide his blushing cheeks.


Stats:
N Samsaran Male Warpriest 5 | HP: (30/45) | AC: 18 (T: 11, F: 17) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20ft | Effects:

Holy smokes, you folks have been busy...

Belatharion feels his earlier confidence dwindling as the old friends all greet each other

always the outsider Bel, always the outsider...

The young man, feeling out of his depth, none the less does his best to follow the conversations of the older questers, trying to join in

"yeah i ... When she was... I'm Bela... I know and... But... But... Bu..."

Belatharion gives in after trying and failing to join the jolities, the others just don't seem to see or hear him. :p

Now that he had given up on the other adventurers conversation, Belatharion becomes slowly but surely fascinated by the bird, crow. Ravens had always fascinated him, maybe when eryone is a little quieter he would be able to get to know the bird and its little friend.

Belatharion is relatively comfortable talking to people one to one but becomes frustrated, anxious and more introverted when with a crowd or a group


Male Half-Orc Unchained Monk Level 6 | HP 58/58| Speed 50ft | AC 19, touch 16, FF 16, CMD 25 | Fort +7 : Ref +8 : Will +5 | Stun Fist 6/Day DC:15 (2 left)| Deflect Arrows 1/Rd | Percept.+10 | Ki Pool: 5 Points /0 Used | Cond:
Gad’larr Fireblood wrote:

"...Shall we continue as friends then? All of us?"

Turning to the flustered and 'out-of-place' Belathorian, Gad'larr flashes a grin and pointedly gestures the pale man's way.

"You too good sir? New and old friends are always welcome in my company, such as it is. Unfortunately, I cannot offer you much
discourse on Pharasma's tenets myself, but I can offer much on the finer points of Irori's fatih and the other gods of balance such as ours."

Grand Lodge

Female Human Cleric 6 | HP 50/50 | 20ft | AC 19 (21): T 14 : FF 17 (19) (w/Shield) | F +7 : R +4 : W +9 | I +3 : P +4 : C(a) +6 : C(w) +6 : D +8 : H +10 : Kn(R) +9 : Kn(P) +6 : P(s) +9 : SM +10 | CE 2/4 : ToG 7/7 : BR 6/7 : Spells [1]3/4 : [2]4/4 : [3]2/3 | Active conditions: Nightdrops
Shortcuts:
[dice=Heavy Mace]1d20+7[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8+3[/dice] [dice=Great Sword]1d20+9[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+4[/dice] [dice=DC]1d20+4[/dice]

Vivian takes his gauntlet covered hand aggressively with a loud slap and jingling sound. "Vivian, and you can give up on being chivalrous with me." She eyes his armor and flicks the brest plate, "like your style though, I'm going to go Full Plate eventually myself. Our blacksmiths are pretty good here, been able to pick up a few things too." she nods to Brezik as she mentions the towns forge.

Turning to everyone, "We may be friends new or old, but after this ceremony we're going to be a combat unit. A strong, fearless unit, ready for any challenge. We're going to make a name for ourselves and our generation with this run of the crypt. We've literally been passed the torch and now it's our time to forge our names in iron and glory forever!"

Vivian's impromptu speech ends with her shouting and her great sword being held high over her head in her right hand.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin of the Dawnguard 6 | HP 34/53 | Speed 20ft | AC 19 : T 9 : FF 19 | F +10 : R +6 : W +9 | Init -1 | CMB +11 : CMD 19 | Smite Evil 1/2 : Lay on Hands 3/9 | Active Conditions: None
Extra:
Gauntlet (+11-6/1d3+5/*2), Short Sword (+11-6/1d6+5/19-20/*2), Brightfang (+13-8/2d6+7/19-20/*2), Javelin (+6-1/1d6+5/*2/30ft) | Dip +12, Heal +10, HA +12, Per +1, SM +9, Prof (S) +4 | S +5, D -1, C +1, I -2, W +1, Ch +3

Viv, I think we need to see a Strength check for raising your great sword above your head with one hand :P

I never give up on anything! Allister grumbles to himself, not used to being scolded for his good manners. How can I give up being what I am, anyway?

When Vivian begins her speech, however, Allister's feelings towards her change immediately and he realizes that she will be a formidable ally.

Following Vivian's lead, the blade of Allister's great sword glimmers as he unsheathes it and lifts it high above his head. Her words strike a chord within him and shivers run down his spine in anticipation for the adventure that awaits the six of them.

"For good and glory!"


Male Half-Orc Unchained Monk Level 6 | HP 58/58| Speed 50ft | AC 19, touch 16, FF 16, CMD 25 | Fort +7 : Ref +8 : Will +5 | Stun Fist 6/Day DC:15 (2 left)| Deflect Arrows 1/Rd | Percept.+10 | Ki Pool: 5 Points /0 Used | Cond:
Vivian Ferris wrote:

"...We've literally been passed the torch and now it's our time to forge our names in iron and glory forever!"

Vivian's impromptu speech ends with her shouting and her great sword being held high over her head in her right hand.
Allister Sunscale wrote:

Following Vivian's lead, the blade of Allister's great sword glimmers as he unsheathes it and lifts it high above his head. Her words

strike a chord within him and shivers run down his spine in anticipation for the adventure that awaits the six of them. "For good and glory!"

Way OOC: Why do I hear 'Eye of the Tiger' playing in the background right now?


Stats:
N Samsaran Male Warpriest 5 | HP: (30/45) | AC: 18 (T: 11, F: 17) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20ft | Effects:
Gad’larr Fireblood wrote:
I cannot offer you much discourse on Pharasma's tenets myself, but I can offer much on the finer points of Irori's fatih and the other gods of balance such as ours."[/b]

"I would enjoy learning more of Irori, your God seems contradictory, seeking self perfection but to no specific end, good or evil..."

Realising his words, though spoken with true interest and genuine enquiry, may be seen as blasphemous by the large bestial man

"...I meant no offense sir, please forgive my impertinence. We are of many faiths it would seem, our group that is. I genuinely would love to hear of Irori...

As the armour-phile couple :p begin their speeches and salutes Belathorian smiles

Such camaraderie, if these few stay true, maybe I am fated to meet some real friends today...


Male Half-Orc Unchained Monk Level 6 | HP 58/58| Speed 50ft | AC 19, touch 16, FF 16, CMD 25 | Fort +7 : Ref +8 : Will +5 | Stun Fist 6/Day DC:15 (2 left)| Deflect Arrows 1/Rd | Percept.+10 | Ki Pool: 5 Points /0 Used | Cond:

Nodding sagely, Gad'larr understood the man's conundrum.

"Essentially correct, but a common misconception. Self-perfection is actually just part of the process of seeking enlightenment.
Finding enlightenment is the essential part of becoming more divine and therefore just a more perfect person. 'Perfect'
does not lean towards good or evil...it just is. Irori himself was a human man like any other it is said, but through self-perfection,
he discovered enlightenment, which in turn helped him discover his divinity, and thereafter raised himself into a god."

Gad'larr turns back to the path and waves his calloused hand in a general but distant direction.

"I'm sure you have heard of the test of the Starstone in Absolom? Irori and his faithful consider that cheating!"

Dag'larr smiles gratefully at Belathorian and grabs his hand in a firm shake.

"Excellent! And I was afraid I would have no one to discourse with! Irori always asks that I challenge my mind and its convictions as well.
Please: I look forward to enlightening you on Irori and his ways. In turn, you must help me understand Pharasma better...she is unique
as goddesses go. Yes?"


Male,Dwarf Unchained Rogue, 6 | Hp:68 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 | CMD:18(+4vs trip and bullrush) | Fort:+5 ,Ref:+7 ,Will:+3 ,( +2 reflex vs. traps, +2 fort vs poison and spells ) | Init:+1 | Perc:+11 (+2 traps, +2 stone work, +2 avoid surprise)
Injuries:
9 lethal; 10 nonlethal / 68 Hitpoints
current conditions: Divine Shield (6 min) Resist Fire (60 min)

Brezick realizes that he dropped his bag of cookies when he challenged Allister earlier. Unfortunate he realizes this by stepping on said bag of cookies. Brezik retrieves the bag Looks inside it and frowns. He then shrugs and reaches in grabbing a handful of cookie crumbs and pops them into his mouth. He then rudely inserts himself into the Eruditical conversation of Bel and Gad all the while the occasional errant cookie crumb jettisoning out of his mouth in an arc through the air.

Torag is a God too. He is a dwarf and he makes stuff just like me. And all his family are gods too! That's cause dwarves look out for their families and take care of each other. Irori sounds sounds selfish only taking care of herself. Gad you should follow Torag too, cause he is like your parents... He takes care of people.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Cleric 6 | HP 50/50 | 20ft | AC 19 (21): T 14 : FF 17 (19) (w/Shield) | F +7 : R +4 : W +9 | I +3 : P +4 : C(a) +6 : C(w) +6 : D +8 : H +10 : Kn(R) +9 : Kn(P) +6 : P(s) +9 : SM +10 | CE 2/4 : ToG 7/7 : BR 6/7 : Spells [1]3/4 : [2]4/4 : [3]2/3 | Active conditions: Nightdrops
Shortcuts:
[dice=Heavy Mace]1d20+7[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8+3[/dice] [dice=Great Sword]1d20+9[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+4[/dice] [dice=DC]1d20+4[/dice]
Gad wrote:
Way OOC: Why do I hear 'Eye of the Tiger' playing in the background right now?

Lol

Allister wrote:
Viv, I think we need to see a Strength check for raising your great sword above your head with one hand :P

VICTORY!: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Obviously a +15 adrenaline buff...


Halfling HP 43/43 AC 16, Touch 15, Flatfooted 12, CMD 15, Saves F 5, R 7, W 7; Perception +11, Sense Motive +1; Init +4

As Vivian raised her sword in the air and the others began to get swept up in the revelry, so too did Qina. She raised her arm in the and noticed that she no longer held her long spear. She glanced around nervously and when she finally spotted it laying in the dirt, gave a quick "eek" before running over to retrieve it. She hoped papa didn't notice how lazy the spear was becoming, always just lounging around the house and now napping in the dirt. Papa had always told her how important the spear was, how it was a valuable tool that saved his life on more than one occasion so she didn't want to tarnish the spear's legacy now. She dusted it off and quickly chided the raven. "Crow, you were supposed to hold the spear." it would have taken a watchful eye to witness the bird rolling his eyes.

She hurried back over to the group. Not wanting to ge in Vivian's and Allister's way, she stood next to Belathorian. "Hi" she said. "My name's Qina. Did you say your name was Bela? That's a pretty name.". With an incredious look, she turned to Brezik. "A whole family of gods? That's amazing! Mine's just halflings. Although my mama often calls out to gods. Maybe there are some in my house" she says quizzically.


Male,Dwarf Unchained Rogue, 6 | Hp:68 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 | CMD:18(+4vs trip and bullrush) | Fort:+5 ,Ref:+7 ,Will:+3 ,( +2 reflex vs. traps, +2 fort vs poison and spells ) | Init:+1 | Perc:+11 (+2 traps, +2 stone work, +2 avoid surprise)
Injuries:
9 lethal; 10 nonlethal / 68 Hitpoints
current conditions: Divine Shield (6 min) Resist Fire (60 min)

Well yeah... Let's see if I can remember them all. It's been a few years since my ma made me learn em...

Brezik closes his eyes for a second and opens them again with a deep breath. His voice takes on the tone of some one who is reciting from memory.

Torag's relations include Angradd, his younger brother; Folgrit, his wife; Bolka, their daughter; Grundinnar, their eldest son; Kols, the middle son; Trudd, Grundinnar's youngest brother; Dranngvit, Torag's half-sister; and Magrim, his older brother.

Brezik smiles in triumph.

My da keeps a copy of Torag's holy book in the forge. It is all written down there... You say your family's all halfings? Well what else would they be? Wait your ma calls out to what?

Brezik makes a realization his eyes going wide. He stops talking really fast looks away from Qina as his cheeks turn beet red... He looks very uncomfortable for a second and then sees the bag of cookie crumbs in his hands. He grabs a great big handful of the crumbs and shove them in his mouth so that he doesn't have to say anything.


Stats:
N Samsaran Male Warpriest 5 | HP: (30/45) | AC: 18 (T: 11, F: 17) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20ft | Effects:
Gad’larr Fireblood wrote:
...she is unique as goddesses go. Yes?"[/b]

"Every living soul is a devotee of Pharasma sooner or later, we are born known to her and all pray to her as they leave this plane to play in her garden for a while, until we are judged. And yet few devote their lives to my lady of the graves, I think about this all the time and I've quizzed my learned masters on the matter. I can come to only one conclusion.

Pharasma is a god of fate and natural order, she alone knows that fate we are born to. She sees the length and colour of the thread of your life as it is woven through the loom of existence. And yet she will not raise a hand. Live a good, holy, law abiding life or an evil chaotic one, Pharasma does not care. Many see this as a horror, people like to do good out of fear or out of desire for reward, they commit vile crimes for those self same reasons. Take them away and people forget how to live. People aspire to be more than the are, Pharasma tells them they never will be. That is what terrifies people.

And yet I am her's and she is mine. as surely as the hand on my arm. I have seen the gates of her walled garden with my own eyes and lived once more to tell of it. She knows me and she allowed my return. She judged me and approved...I cannot explain..."

Belathorian stutters to a halt, emotion clear in his telling. Bowing his head he makes the sign of the spiral over his heart with two pale fingers.

He looks up as Brezik interjects, composed once more.

"How does Torag look after people? I mean does he..."

He jumps as Qina approaches

"Hi... It's Belathorian, twice... erm... I mean... your bird is magnificent... erm... do you... have a God?"

Make conversation Bel you can do this...


Male Half-Orc Unchained Monk Level 6 | HP 58/58| Speed 50ft | AC 19, touch 16, FF 16, CMD 25 | Fort +7 : Ref +8 : Will +5 | Stun Fist 6/Day DC:15 (2 left)| Deflect Arrows 1/Rd | Percept.+10 | Ki Pool: 5 Points /0 Used | Cond:
Belathorian Twice Born wrote:

"...I have seen the gates of her walled garden with my own eyes and lived once more to tell of it. She knows me and she

allowed my return. She judged me and approved...I cannot explain..."

"You've seen Phrasma's Garden with your own eyes? Really? Bel, you are going to have to explain that

one a lot better some day. My curiosity grows!"

Brezik Arkennslag wrote:

Torag is a God too. He is a dwarf and he makes stuff just like me. And all his family are gods too!

That's cause dwarves look out for their families and take care of each other. Irori sounds sounds
selfish only taking care of herself. Gad you should follow Torag too, cause he is like your parents...
He takes care of people.

Smiling at the rude dwarf's outburst, Gad'larr again nods his head sagely.

"Absolutely! Torag is an important and ancient god to many, both dwarves and non-dwarves. And while knowing my
parents would shy away from your kind analogy, I agree whole heartily that you are correct and
would thank you for it in their stead. Let none say Brezik cannot hold his own in debate on philosophy and religion!"

Waving at Brezik to come closer, Gad'larr takes out his holy symbol and shows it to him.

"You are not the first to see and point out that Irori's ideals are selfish in nature, and on the surface that is basically
true: Even for me. But if your goal is to help and improve the lives and homes of friends around you, then improving
yourself is technically a way to do it better."

Seeing Confusion in Brezik's eyes, Gad turns to a simple metaphor to make his point.

"You may grab a hammer and help build a house for a neighbor as Torag or Abadar would have you do, and nothing is
wrong with that, but what if you could design that house better and more efficiently? What if you could bring both trained
and hearty workers to the mission? Would not the work go much faster and the result a better house in the end?
That is Irori's message. Self improvement helps everybody in the end: It is how you apply that improvement to the world
around you that matters. Both to YOU and the gods in the end. Does that help?"

Gad'larr puts away his holy symbol and twists his mouth a little in hesitation.

"There is also the 'Example' principle. While' I am not personally fond of this aspect, it is part of my faith nonetheless.
By seeking perfection, people like me, are...whether they want to or not...offering themselves as examples of what others who
see us could be if they wished to improve themselves. My hesitation on this stems from my goal to find acceptance of
myself first, before I could ever be an example to others. But that is another story to tell later possibly when there is more
time good sir."

Patting Brezik's dirty shoulder lightly, he turns to Qina, and Gad'larr cracks a big grin full of teeth.

"Unless the gods are mouse-sized, I doubt they would fit in your house little one. Besides I have heard your mother years
before when she is on a tirade, and I have never heard of gods with those four letter names before."


Male,Dwarf Unchained Rogue, 6 | Hp:68 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 | CMD:18(+4vs trip and bullrush) | Fort:+5 ,Ref:+7 ,Will:+3 ,( +2 reflex vs. traps, +2 fort vs poison and spells ) | Init:+1 | Perc:+11 (+2 traps, +2 stone work, +2 avoid surprise)
Injuries:
9 lethal; 10 nonlethal / 68 Hitpoints
current conditions: Divine Shield (6 min) Resist Fire (60 min)
Gad'larr wrote:
"You may grab a hammer and help build a house for a neighbor as Torag or Abadar would have you do, and nothing is wrong with that, but what if you could design that house better and more efficiently? What if you could bring both trained and hearty workers to the mission? Would not the work go much faster and the result a better house in the end? That is Irori's message. Self improvement helps everybody in the end: It is how you apply that improvement to the world around you that matters. Both to YOU and the gods in the end. Does that help?"

...but I don't get better at working the forge by sitting in a corner and exercising... I get better at working the forge, by making things for other people. You don't do good thing for other people by making yourself better. You make yourself better by doing good things for other people.

Belathorian Twice Born wrote:
"How does Torag look after people? I mean does he..."

Of course he does... He was one of the first Gods to stand against that destroyer Rovagug. He's the greatest forger of all the world... and by that I mean he forged the world.

Brezik pulls out his hammer and starts pantomiming himself working at the forge. It is obvious that this is something he is very excited about.

He made Golarion with great big swings of his hammer over and over again shaping the world in to the pattern of his design. Sparks flew out where his hammer struck the rock and where the sparks fell we Dwarves came to be... down in the Underdark. That's where he taught my ancestors about family and community... the fact that strength comes from working with others. He cared for us taught us how to be ready for the future. What's more important is that he taught us about the forge and how to create things...

Brezik says this last part as if there is no possible way that there could be anything better or more important than working the forge. For him that's true and it has never occurred to him that others might have a different idea about what is best in life.


Halfling HP 43/43 AC 16, Touch 15, Flatfooted 12, CMD 15, Saves F 5, R 7, W 7; Perception +11, Sense Motive +1; Init +4

Qina looks at Belathorian closely. "No, I don't have any gods. Not that I know of. Well, maybe. Mama sometimes shouts "oh my gods, yes, yes" during the night, when she thinks that Pressi and I, Pressi's my little sister, when she thinks we are sleeping, but I've never met them and whenever I ask about them, Mama just blushes and talks about something else. If we have gods, I don't know their names."

"Oh, that's Crow. He's a raven, and my friend. He likes to talk. Sometimes he talks too much, but he's friendly, and he looks out for me. Can you keep a secret?" She beckons for Belathorian to get closer so she can whisper something in his ear. "He helps me at hide and seek. Not so much the hiding part, but the seeking."

"Say, you're not human are you? You're tall like them, but you don't have ears like elves, or teeth like orcs, so what are ya?" As the others began to discuss their religious philosophies, Qina's eyes wandered around the square, noticing that more and more people were beginning to gather around. "Maybe we should keep the religious debates for later. I think we've started to draw a crowd." Well, at least the dinner conversation won't be boring.

1 to 50 of 3,112 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Mathpro's Crypt of the Everflame All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.