I'm starting a sandbox-style game based on Ben Robbin's West Marches and would like to give the Pathfinder rules a go. Here are my goals:
1. Danger. Mistakes can kill 1st level PCs. They can also kill higher-level guys, if they pick the wrong part of the map to wander in.
2. Easy to learn. My players are mostly 3.5e people.
3. More streamlined. No more 3.x grappling and other nit-picky rules.
4. Compatible with 3.x encounters, maps and treasure. I plan to recycle loads of those so I can run games at the drop of a hat.
5. Bards. One of my favorite players made a HI-larious Half-Orc Bard who plays the cymbals, and has a fully painted mini of this nutcase. That alone pretty much eliminated 4e as a possibility. When will Pathfinder have a Bard?