–– Gestalt 4, Cleric (Evangelist) & Oracle (Spirit Guide archetype with Shaman Life Spirit, Lunar Mystery) of Asmodeus and one of Asmodeus's closest and longest-standing allies, Dispater. ––
–– BACKGROUND –– :
Vezura was born on the mainland as a member of the proud noble house “Farlan”, a Halfling family that was famous for sometimes manifesting Aasimar children as they were rumored to trace their heritage back to a long-forgotten celestial from Heaven. In the Halfling community that the Farlans lived in, they were also known as the “wardens & keepers”, a family that has always been among the crusaders or warriors fighting the good fight against evil wherever their aid was needed. Tragedy befell the noble family when one of the youngest female scions of the house, Arala Farlan, was supposedly kidnapped and vanished.
It was only two years later that the Farlan family was able to track their missing scion only to find out that the young Aasimar halfling Arala was well and alive and actually the member of a demonic cult that was plotting an open attack on the very community that house Farlan had sworn to protect. Nobody knows if Arala had been coerced with magic or succumbed to the evil seductions of demons but the malice and hatred in her heart was visible when Arala and her allied cultist tried to kill the very heroes that were sent to bring the young Aasimar lady back! Eventually, the brutal fight ended with only the leader of the Farlan warriors alive, and Arala as well as the other cultists dead. The surprise in the demonic hideout was a little Halfling baby girl that was covered in blood but was so beautifully proportioned, and displayed such exceptional grace that it was clear that the Halfling infant had inherited the blood of angels from her mother Arala. On the spot, the surviving company leader, Kirl Farlan, named the girl Vezura and brought her back to the Farlan family elders to decide her fate.
The elders came to the conclusion that it was best to keep Arala’s fate a secret and made the unprecedented decision to give the unmarried Kirl Farlan custody over the child and keep Vezura away from any Farlan relatives in a remote village with little contact to the outside world. Kirl was an obedient and good man but he was a scion of war that knew little about parenting and spent little time at home so that Vezura grew up with caretakers and the rare training through Kirl with little understanding of what a true family is. Maybe it was Vezura's isolation or something deep inside of her but it was obvious that Vezura was eager to learn and study but at the same time was emotionally very distanced which led to her lonely life becoming even more lonely.
When Vezura became an adolescent and began to rebel against the forced isolation that she had endured, a heated argument between Kirl and Vezura escalated. The emotional stress did something with Vezura and in front of Kirl’s eyes Vezura started to burn, her body started to bleed and eventually she was the center of a fiery explosion that killed all servants, severely injured Kirl and left Vezura naked, burnt, physically changed and barely alive. Vezura’s silver hair and fair features were still clearly of celestial origin but her eyes burned as hot as the fires of the Abyss, her fingers had turned into bloody claws, some teeth were as sharp as a predator’s fangs, horns had grown from her head and her hands and forearms suddenly had thin, papery skin and were shriveled and blackened, as if they had been plunged into a blazing fire! She could not believe what happened … she had not been close to the servants but they were the closest to loved ones that she had … seeing them suffer death, made her blame herself for not having been able to help, even if there was nothing she could have done! Today she hates herself for this weakness but she cannot eradicate this overprotectiveness from her heart which very much bothers Vezura!
Shocked by these events Kirl brought Vezura’s altered, almost lifeless form back to the Farlan family elders. Vezura was still weak but here she was able to witness for the first time who her family really was and although Vezura was too weak to ask many questions, it was clear that the astonished elders had verified through magical tests what everyone’s eyes could already see: that Vezura had the taint of the Abyss in her very being and had transformed into a half-fiend! This was too much for the holy Farlan family to endure and based on the death of the servants the weak Vezura was sentenced to death!
But the fates seemed to watch over Vezura because her transformation had obviously not gone unnoticed. Vezura was in a wounded trance at that time but she can still remember the handsome man that rescued her from the prison and flew away with her before her execution could be performed. When she really came back to her senses and saw her savior for the first time in his full form, she was stunned to see a fiendish, half-naked, winged man in front of her that would tempt every mortal soul and could easily engender misery and destruction through his seductive manipulations. And when this “man”explained to her that he was a Succubus, a demon from the Abyss called Shatrak, and furthermore revealed that he was only now able to find Vezura due to her transformation … because they had a connection, because he was his mother’s lover and because he is Vezura’s father … this was too much of a shock for Vezura to bear. Here she had Shatrak as the first person that really knew his mother and was her own flesh and blood but she was completely torn between disgust and fascination. But the most agonizing fact was her father’s very open revelation that he only had saved her to sacrifice her to his demon gods … that this was the plan of her mother all along and that he would now finish it and offer her celestial blood to the Abyss!
Maybe it was fate again, because how else could it be explained that in the very moment that Shatrak was about to slit Vezura’s throat, one of the Succubus' archenemies attacked his hideout? Conicel Darn was a fanatic follower of Asmodeus and Dispater that had dedicated his life to the war against the Abyss as well the forces of good in the name of Hell! Conicel had recently learned of Shatrak’s whereabouts and had brought infernal reinforcement that completely overwhelmed the Succubus and his minions and eventually led to Shatrak’s destruction! Still in total confusion, Vezura could not believe what was happening around her but she realized that this man and his allies had saved her life and killed the only roots that she had to her real parents ... those parents that only had her to sacrifice her.
Conicel Darn immediately realized what kind of being Vezura truly was but as a mischievous planner he saw a raw diamond that he could shape! And to Vezura’s surprise her savior was also the wisest and most caring man she had ever met. She understood quite fast that Conicel Darn was not a saint and that his infernal patrons wanted the exact opposite of what Kirl and House Farlan had been preaching to Vezura for her whole life ... but she did not care. No, she did care … she cared for the kind of power that Conicel was able to use to destroy her father. She cared for the control over her own life that she never wanted to give up again. She wanted to rule over the fate of others and show them her strength so others could feel the pain and helplessness of life but not her! Vezura was physically blackened and not usable in physical confrontations but the churches of Asmodeus and Dispater welcomed her sharp mind and the force of her personality to form a weapon against the enemies of Hell! And that is exactly what she is today … an infernal force of power! And that is the reason why she was chosen by the church to assist Thorn to bring Asmodeus back to power in Talingarde! And she will do whatever she can to bring down Mitra’s followers for Hell and carve out a piece for herself!!
-- STATS --
Str: 8*, Dex: 8, Con: 17, Int: 16, Wis: 20, Cha: 20**
* Carrying capacity Str 9 with MW backpack
(Link to rolled stats)
–– SAVES ––
Fortitude: +9* (Con +3, Cleric +4, +1 resistance ABP, trait +1)
* +2 racial vs. Poison from Half-Succubus Progression
–– COMBAT ––
Ranged to hit: +3 / -1 with weapons* (BAB +3, Dex -1, Size +1)
Initiative +5: Cha +5 (Noble Scion of War)
Speed: 20 ft
CMD 10 (BAB +3, Dex -1, Str -1, Size -1)
AC 23, T 16, FF 18 (+1 Mithral Chain Shirt +5, Buckler +1, Cha +5 from Prophetic Armor Revelation, Natural Armor +1 from Half-Succubus Progression, Size +1)
Armor Check Penalty -0: MW Armor [-0] + MW Buckler [-0]
–– SKILLS ––
32 Adventuring skill points (ASP) = 4 levels with 8 Skill Points per level (4 Oracle, Int +3, Favored Class Bonus +1)
• Bluff +12 (ASP 4, Class +3*, Cha +5)
* Trickery Domain Class Skills
–– CLERIC SPELLS PER DAY ––
–– MEMORIZED SPELLS ––
Potentially good 2nd level spells:
Tears to wine, Admonishing Ray, Ancestral Communion, Lesser Animate Dead, Drunkard's Breath, Hold Person, Mortal Terror, Summon Cacodaemon, Silence, Sound burst, shatter, Resist Energy
–– CONCENTRATION AND SPELL PENETRATION ––
• Concentration +9: Wis+5, Cleric CL
–– ORACLE SPELLS KNOWN––
• 0 level :
• 1st level spells [7 = 3 + 1 Blackened Curse + 1 lunar mystery + 1 Bonded Spirit]:
• 2nd level spells [5 = 1 + 2 Blackened Curse + 1 Lunar mystery + 1 Bonded Spirit]:
–– SPELLS PER DAY ––
• 1st level: 8 = 6 + 2 Cha
–– CONCENTRATION AND SPELL PENETRATION ––
• Concentration +9: Cha +5, Oracle CL
–– HIT POINTS ––:
4 levels x 11 Hit Points: 8 Cleric/Oracle + Con +3
TOTAL - 44 Hit Points
–– GOLD –– :
* Currently: 355gp
–– GEAR ––
MW Buckler Shield 155
–– TRAITS ––
• FLAMES OF HELL (Religion): Requirement(s) any archdevil: Your bond with the archdevil you worship strengthens your ability to channel powers of the divine. Add 1 to the DC of saving throws made to resist the effects of your channel energy ability.
–– DRAWBACK ––
–– FEATS ––
• Lvl 1: NOBLE SCION: Prerequisites: Cha 13, must be taken at 1st level. Benefit: You gain a +2 bonus on all Knowledge (nobility) checks, and that chosen Knowledge skill is always considered a class skill for you. Scion of War: You use your Charisma modifier to adjust Initiative checks instead of your Dexterity modifier.
–– CLASS ABILITIES / GESTALT CLERIC & ORACLE ––
• DOMAIN: TRICKERY
• Granted Powers: You are a master of illusions and deceptions. Bluff, Disguise, and Stealth are class skills.
• Copycat (Sp): You can create an illusory double of yourself as a move action. This double functions as a single mirror image and lasts for a number of rounds equal to your cleric level, or until the illusory duplicate is dispelled or destroyed. You can have no more than one copycat at a time. This ability does not stack with the mirror image spell. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.
• Domain Spells: 1st—disguise self, 2nd—invisibility, 3rd—nondetection, 4th—confusion, 5th—false vision, 6th—mislead, 7th—screen, 8th—mass invisibility, 9th—time stop.
The evangelist is the voice of her religion in the world. Where others nurture the faith among believers, an evangelist proclaims the coming glory of her deific patron and issues the clarion call to all around to heed the truth, or obey the call to war and crusade against the enemies of the church.
• Single-Minded: An evangelist focuses her skills and learning on proclamation rather than the fine details of the church’s deeper mysteries or martial training. Thus, she may select only one domain and does not gain medium armor proficiency or shield proficiency.
• Public Speaker: An evangelist gains Perform as a class skill. In addition, she is trained to project her voice with great skill and effect; the DC to hear her speak in difficult conditions is reduced by an amount equal to her class level plus her Charisma modifier (minimum 0).
• Sermonic Performance: An evangelist gains the ability to deliver a select number of supernatural and spell-like performances through the force and power of her divinely inspired preaching and exhortation. This ability is similar in all respects to bardic performance as used by a bard of the same level (including interactions with feats, spells, and prestige classes), using Perform (oratory) as the evangelist’s performance skill. However, an evangelist gains only the following types of bardic performance: countersong, fascinate, and inspire courage at 1st level; inspire greatness at 9th level; and inspire heroics at 15th level. Sermonic performance replaces the 1st-, 9th-, and 15th-level channel energy abilities. This caps the cleric’s channel energy damage at 7d6 points.
• Spontaneous Casting: An evangelist does not gain the ability to spontaneously cast cure or inflict spells by sacrificing prepared spells. However, an evangelist can spontaneously cast the spells listed in Table: Evangelist Spontaneous Spells by sacrificing a prepared spell of the noted level or above. Evangelist Spontaneous Spells: 1st command, 2nd enthrall, 3rd tongues, 4th suggestion, 5th greater command, 6th geas/quest, 7th mass suggestion, 8th sympathy, 9th demand
VARIANT CHANNELING - NEGATIVE ENERGY
An iconic ability of clerics is their power to channel positive or negative energy, whether for healing, for damage, or to turn or command the undead. However, given the great variety of deities and their divine portfolios, it naturally follows that some deities would endow their mortal servants with the power to channel energies in other ways that more closely mirror their particular focus. The following categories are examples of alternative channeling abilities based on the nature of a deity's power; for example, a fire deity's negative energy channeling may deal fire damage as part of or instead of the damage from channeling. When you create a cleric character, decide whether she uses the standard form of channel energy or a variant presented here based on one aspect of her deity's portfolio. Once this choice is made, it cannot be altered. Variant channeling has the same area of effect, save DCs, uses per day, and other rules relating to channeling energy. Feats and abilities that modify or present alternative uses for channeled energy (such as Command Undead and Turn Undead) work normally with these variant channeling abilities. A variant channeling either modifies positive channeled energy when used to heal or modifies negative energy when used to harm. When using positive energy to heal, affected creatures gain only half the normal amount of healing but also receive a specific beneficial effect. When channeling negative energy to harm, affected creatures take only half the normal damage but take an additional penalty or harmful effect; a successful saving throw negates the additional penalty or effect but does not reduce the damage any further. Creatures that would normally ignore the effect of a particular channel (such as undead with respect to a positive energy channel used to heal) ignore the variant effect of that channel.
• RULERSHIP: Heal—Creatures gain a channel bonus on Diplomacy checks and to the DC of their language-dependent and charm effects until the end of your next turn. Harm—Creatures are dazed for 1 round.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
• Class Skills: Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (history) (Int), Knowledge (planes) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), and Spellcraft (Int).
• Oracle’s Curse (Ex): Each oracle is cursed, but this curse comes with a benefit as well as a hindrance. This choice is made at 1st level, and once made, it cannot be changed. The oracle’s curse cannot be removed or dispelled without the aid of a deity. An oracle’s curse is based on her oracle level plus one for every two levels or Hit Dice other than oracle. Each oracle must have a single curse.
FAQ Blackened Curse: The Blackened oracle curse is meant to only impose a penalty on attack rolls with manufactured weapons. Thus, rays, weapon-like spells, and natural weapons are not affected by this curse.
Bonus Spells: fumbletongue (2nd), dust of twilight (4th), rage (6th), moonstruck (8th), aspect of the wolf (10th), litany of madness (12th), lunar veil (14th), blood mist (16th), polar midnight (18th).
Revelations: An oracle with the Lunar mystery can choose from any of the following revelations.
• 1st level revelation: Primal Companion (Ex): You gain the service of a faithful animal of the night. You can select from a bear, boar, crocodile, shark, tiger, or wolf. This animal functions as a druid’s animal companion, using your oracle level as your effective druid level.
• Extra Revelation feat: Prophetic Armor (Ex): You are so in tune with your primal nature that your instincts often act to save you from danger that your civilized mind isn’t even aware of. You may use your Charisma modifier (instead of your Dexterity modifier) as part of your Armor Class and all Reflex saving throws. Your armor’s maximum Dexterity bonus applies to your Charisma, instead.
Class Skills: A spirit guide gains all Knowledge skills as class skills. This replaces the bonus class skills gained from the oracle’s mystery.
Bonded Spirit (Su): At 3rd level, a spirit guide can form a temporary bond with a spirit, as the shaman’s wandering spirit class feature (see page 37). She must make this selection each day when she refreshes her spells. A spirit guide cannot bond with a spirit that is incompatible with her alignment, ethos, or mystery (GM’s discretion). A spirit guide gains one hex of her choice from the list of hexes available from that spirit. She uses her oracle level as her shaman level, and she switches Wisdom for Charisma and vice versa for the purpose of determining the hex's effects. At 4th level, she adds the bonded spirit’s spirit magic spells to her oracle spells known for that day, but only of spell levels she can cast. At 7th level, she gains the spirit ability of her current bonded spirit. At 15th level, she gains the greater spirit ability of her current bonded spirit.
• Chosen Bonded Spirit: Shaman LIFE SPIRIT
• Life Spirit Magic Spells: detect undead (1st), lesser restoration (2nd), neutralize poison (3rd), restoration (4th), breath of life (5th), heal (6th), greater restoration (7th), mass heal (8th), true resurrection (9th)
— AASIMAR HALFLING RACIAL TRAITS --
— HALF-SUCCUBUS TEMPLATE PROGRESSION - Level 4 --