|The Archives of Nethys|
|3 people marked this as a favorite.|
Hello everyone, and happy GenCon! I've always loved August (it's when I arrived on this world), and it just so happens that it's a great month for gaming as well! Rage of Elements comes out today, the Pathfinder 2e Remaster is on the horizon, and my spies in the Starfinder world have informed me that a 2nd edition of Starfinder is coming! Quite exciting!
This update was a big one, and while everyone on the team deserves humongous kudos for all of their work, I want to give an extra big shout out to Devin, who handled the load of data entry on this one and my goodness, it was a hefty load!
Regarding the Remaster, we've put together our plan for how we'll be handling this in November - you can read the details below. We don't have any of these changes in yet, and as a result, you may see some mechanics which have "different versions" for a little bit (such as two versions of Grab). This is a temporary bug and ultimately will be fixed in November when we push out the final changes for the Remaster.
If you have any questions or find any other bugs, please come by our Discord channels and yet us know. Until then, thanks for your support, and enjoy the content!
- Added a new toggle to Shelyn's Corner (menu is in the top-right) that will replace all font with more dyslexia-friendly versions. This was actually an update from last time but missed announcement in the news post.
- Updated action icons to use ligatures. This means you can now copy-paste an icon and for example get [two-actions] in your clipboard (search page already had this, but now it's sitewide).
- Added random sort to search. You can combine it with the teleport parameter to create links to random pages, e.g. here's a link to a random spell.
- Deity pages now list any pantheons the deity is part of (Previously pantheons listed their members, but not vice versa).
- Weapon pages now explicitly list if the weapon is melee or ranged.
- Updated complex query field list so that all available fields are listed (found under "Query type").
- Added creature_ability and element fields to search (with table columns).
- Search filter boxes are now sorted by the order opened (most recent at the top) instead of alphabetically.
- Search URLs are now slightly shorter and easier to read. The URLs previously used URL-encoded characters for separation (like %20 or %3B), but now + is used whenever possible.
- Spell list updated with new Elementalist layout - option to sort spells by Element now available. You can choose between one of the two philosophies, or just see all elemental spells grouped by element regardless of philosophy.
- A Global Setting will be made available in Shelyn's Corner with options of "Legacy" or "Remaster". Default will be "Remaster".
- This setting will only impact the visibility of "hybrid" mechanics - those with a legacy version and a remaster version (regardless of if it's a simple name change or a more complex difference). You will see the name / mechanics of whatever setting you have on in Shelyn's Corner.
- Mechanics which were only present in one version or the other will be visible on both views. However, mechanics from an edition you are not presently focused on will have a warning banner at the top to indicate they are from the other version and the rules may not function exactly as they did.
- On all "hybrid" mechanics there will be an additional toggle to switch between Remaster/Legacy versions, without impacting your global setting. This is for quickly checking out the differences between versions.