While reading WotR I kept telling a friend of mine how awesome it is: over and over again. My friend loves the idea of Mythic, unfortunately we don't have a regular group that wants to play so we've said What The Heck and I'm going to run it solo for him.
He's going to play a Cambion cleric of Iomedae. Cambin = tiefling with demon heritage instead of devil. One of his ancestors redeemed and married a Cambion during the early Crusades. Not all children of the family exhibit demon taint, but this guy did. We're going to use Tiefling rules and substitute Abyssal for Infernal.
One thing I'm not psyched about is the tromping about underground punching bugs in the face start so I'm thinking about doing a prelude adventure set at the tournament before the fall. Questions for the good folks of this forum:
1) is there an existing adventure set at a tournament you would recommend?
2) Am I over emphasizing the lameness of the first part of the adventure xand there's an easier patch?
3) I'll do my best to introduce the NPCs that are part of Worldwound Incursion. Are any of them more or less important to the later adventures?
4) How would you suggest I add more dragons? Note to Paizo: your dungeons need more dragons.
5) One issue many APs have is the lack of foreshadowing in early modules. Any advice for things I can do to strengthen the connective tissue between modules?
6) You saw the bit where I'm running this for one PC? There will be lots of henchmen, hirelings and support characters, plus Mythic, but am I setting myself up for grief? I get the sense that the AP as written can be a cake-walk so I'm hoping one PC makes it the right amount of tough.