|DM Hell's Fox|
Hello there! I'm looking for a replacement player for my Hell's Rebels campaign. We're about 1/3rd of the way through book 2, Turn of the Torrent. The game is story focused, and none of the characters present are particularly optimized. I rewrite a fair bit of the game, but the story is still the same. You're still trying to save Kintargo from Barzillai Thrune and his dastardly plans.
My team has asked that the character submitted be a Strength based Frontline character. They don't mind being in melee, but are not suited to surviving long or dealing large amounts of consistent damage. Please feel free to downplay skills (especially knowledge), because we have more than we know what to do with.
I should mention that the rebellion is being played out in the background. The leaders put in place will ask you for your advice and do what you command, but ultimately I'm taking care of it. You are a special task force for the rebellion, mostly independent, who take care of the big threats and fancy meetings.
- A CG Gnomish rogue (melee flanker, tons of skills, trapfinding, social capability, alchemist bombs) comes from an engineer background
- A CG Human/Wererat oracle (melee tank, social and knowledge skills, healing/buff spells) comes from a merchant background
- A CG Elf investigator (melee dex, knowledge skills, languages) comes from an academic background
- A NG Tiefling witch (healing/buff/debuff spells, some knowledge skills) comes from an acolyte/slum background
- 20 point buy
- Level 5
- Classes: Anything from Core, Base, and Hybrid. Please do not use archetypes that use occult rules.
- Occult, Path of War, Psionics, and 3PP are NOT permitted.
- Barbarians, Monks, Rogues, and Summoners must use the Unchained version of their class, although archetypes are allowed if they replace abilities seamlessly and without level discrepancies.
- Core Races, Tiefling (No Fiendish Heritage), Ratfolk, Tengu
- Max hp for the first three levels, then half+1 for the rest
- 10,500 gold for all classes. Please do not spend more than half your gold on a single item.
- No final ability scores above 18 or below 8 (magic items notwithstanding)
- Alternative racial traits are allowed, but do not pick something that increases the RP.
- No Evil alignments, all characters must be willing to work in a group. Lawful alignments are discouraged unless they can function well with a large group of chaotic alignments.
- 2 Traits. No Drawbacks. You may choose a Hell's Rebels campaign trait if you'd like, but are not required to.
If you don't want to build the entire character, please tell me their Race, Alignment, Classes and Archetypes, and their Attributes (Str, Dex,...)
- You must provide a reason why you would risk your life to protect the city of Kintargo and overthrow the new Lord-Mayor Barzillai Thrune.
- For party introduction reasons, please provide a situation where you were near the coast of the city. You could have been on a ship, working on the docks, or just standing on the shore. More information will be provided after the character has been picked.
- A brief summary about your character's history, recent life, goals, interests, etc. I'd appreciate it if you include how they became a 5th level character. This can be in point form if you wish.
Why do you have a Wererat in your game, and can I play as a lycanthrope?
The player in question is someone that I've been playing with for roughly 4 years now and I trust them immensely. Their stats were less than optimal and they are only a 4th level Oracle rather than 5th. This was a 1 time deal, and I'm not interested in extending it for anyone else. Thanks for understanding.
What is the posting rate for this game?
I aim for 1/day, but life gets the best of us all. The more realistic posting rate is 1 per 2 days. If you expect to be absent for 2+ days, please give me a heads up. It lets me bot you in order to keep the game moving. I don't kick until it's clear that the player will never show up again.
Can I use the variant multiclassing from Unchained?
Yes, feel free to do so. Just let me know beforehand in your application.
Will characters that specialize in crafting be viable to play?
Although the adventure path does not give time for crafting or professions, I will try to accommodate a character that plans to use these skills.
What about Stamina and Skill Unlocks from Unchained?
Fighters get Stamina for free, while other classes can gain it from the feat.
Rogues have Skill Unlocks as part of their class, but other classes can pick it up as a feat.
How many characters can I submit?
Please submit only 1 character for recruitment. If you would like to change your character before recruitment ends, please let me know either on the recruitment thread, or in a personal message.
I've read/DMed this adventure path, can I still join?
Absolutely. Just keep your player knowledge separate from your character knowledge.
What is the likelihood of character death?
I won't say it's impossible, but I do try to keep characters alive. At least until resurrection magic is accessible.
What system will you be using for maps?
When possible, I try to stick to theater of the mind. In particularly complex battles I use Google Docs.
Thanks for reading through this. Recruitment will end on the 12th of January. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them below or send me a private message. Thank you and happy gaming!