Redelia's PFS1 1-35 Voice in the Void (Inactive)

Game Master Redelia

chronicle sheets


51 to 100 of 172 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
The Concordance

HP 21/21 | Spells 1st: 2/4 | Tome Focus 6/8 | Rapier Focus 2/3 | AC 19 t15 f14 CMD 17 | F+4, R+5, W+4 (immune light-based blind and dazzle) | Init +6, Perc +9 | Elf Occultist 3 |

Kiri stabs at the statue with her enhanced rapier.

+1 construct bane mithral rapier, flanking: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 21
piercing damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 + (3, 1) = 11

mithral has hardness 15

Silver Crusade

Redelia's PFS1 1-35 Voice in the Void Male LG Human Oathbound Paladin of Sarenrae 4 | HP 36/36 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | CMB +9, CMD 19 | F +9, R +4, W +5 | Ini +0 | Perc -2 | SM -2 | Speed 20ft

@Kirithiel: Your wepon is magical, so hardness and HP are increased.
- Add +2 Hardness for each +1 enhancement bonus of magic items.
- Add 10 hp for each +1 enhancement bonus of magic items.

Kurik tries an overhand chop. activating Power Attack

adamantine Nodachi, Power Attack, Furious Focus: 1d20 + 8 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 - 1 + 1 = 12
Piercing OR Slashing, adamantine: 1d10 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 3 = 18

I beg you, dicebot, give me more low rolls, please - I'll take them all... *double sigh*

Sovereign Court

Male LN dhampir unchained rogue (bandit, knife master) 3 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +0 (+2 vs. disease/M-A)| Init: +10 | Perc: +7 (low-light, darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Active conditions: none | DO NOT CURE

More stabbing, more fun!

Masterwork Cold Iron Dagger, Full Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Piercing or Slashing Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Flanking: +2 to hit and Sneak Attack: 2d8 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5
-and-
+1 Alchemical Silver Dagger, Full Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Piercing or Slashing Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Flanking: +2 to hit and Sneak Attack: 2d8 ⇒ (7, 4) = 11


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online)

The statue crumbles, allowing the group to move on.


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online)

This dark, vaulted chamber serves as a scriptorium, where texts from the archives next door may be read or copied at leisure. Bare wooden shelves, empty except for some extra writing supplies (sheets of parchment, bottles of ink, and quills), line the eastern wall, and three desks with high stools stand in the center of the room between six columns. A small sign on the southern door reads “Archives—Private.”

A body lies slumped in the southwestern corner, still clutching a club. Its legs have been eaten away by acid, and the corpse is already showing signs of putrefaction, with patches of mold on the skin. A broken lantern lies next to the body, its oil spilled on the floor.

please move your tokens into the next room. You are also welcome to make a perception check.

Silver Crusade

Redelia's PFS1 1-35 Voice in the Void Male LG Human Oathbound Paladin of Sarenrae 4 | HP 36/36 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | CMB +9, CMD 19 | F +9, R +4, W +5 | Ini +0 | Perc -2 | SM -2 | Speed 20ft

"Well, that was certainly a hard fought fight." Kurik grins, then stows his nodachi, draws his healing wand and puts it to work on the wounded. "Click-click, you're hurt. Let me take care of that wound."

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 (for Click-click)
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 (for himself)

"That should do it." The paladin stows the wand, draws his nodachi again and walks into the next room. He stops before stepping onto lantern oil.

Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5

(Yeah, that's consistent with the rolls before)

"Looks like one of the watchmen Nigel sent. Poor bloke..." Kurik gently holds his holy symbol up and prays: "You now walk the path of death, may Sarenrae's glow guide your way to peace."

Grand Lodge

Elf Male Slayer 2nd | HP:20/20| AC:19 T:15 FF:14 | CMB:5 CMD:20 | Saves F:+5 R:+9 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +8 | 30’

Beleg moves into the room and covers Kurik…

Perception: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Sovereign Court

Male LN dhampir unchained rogue (bandit, knife master) 3 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +0 (+2 vs. disease/M-A)| Init: +10 | Perc: +7 (low-light, darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Active conditions: none | DO NOT CURE

Egavrewis enters the room cautiously.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

If there is nothing suspicious, he will check the doors for traps.

Perception, West Door: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Perception, South Door: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

The Concordance

HP 21/21 | Spells 1st: 2/4 | Tome Focus 6/8 | Rapier Focus 2/3 | AC 19 t15 f14 CMD 17 | F+4, R+5, W+4 (immune light-based blind and dazzle) | Init +6, Perc +9 | Elf Occultist 3 |

Kiri enters the room and approaches the body if nothing looks immediately hazardous about it. (though it seems potentially hazardous)

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

If it seems safe-ish she picks up either the club or the lantern and given enough time (1 minute) will do object reading.

Object Reading:
At 2nd level, an occultist learns how to read information from items he examines. Examining an item in this way requires him to spend 1 minute handling the item. If the item is a magic item, the occultist learns its properties and command word as if he had successfully examined the item using detect magic and succeeded at a Spellcraft check. This ability does not reveal whether the item is cursed unless the occultist’s class level is equal to or greater than the caster level of the item. If the item has any historical significance, the occultist learns one piece of information about its past (as determined by the GM). Finally, if the item was last used no longer than 1 day ago per the occultist’s class level, the occultist learns one piece of information about the last creature to use the item. This information might be a glimpse of the creature’s appearance, a brief vision of what it saw while using the item, or perhaps its emotional state when it last used the item. The GM determines what information is gained in this way. This functions like the psychometry occult skill unlock (see page 196), but doesn’t require a skill check and can be used at will.

Liberty's Edge

Tengu Samurai 1 Hp 15/15 AC 16 Fort +3 Reflex + 3 Will +0 Initiative + 3

"Careful guys, a corpse shouldn't rot that fast."
Click-Click keeps his sword at the ready as he looks around.
perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online)

Kiri realizes that the lantern was carried by a museum guard, who is the body slumped on the ground. It is not magical.

Egavreis notices some notes on the ground under the furniture.

linguistics check to find out more

Sovereign Court

Male LN dhampir unchained rogue (bandit, knife master) 3 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +0 (+2 vs. disease/M-A)| Init: +10 | Perc: +7 (low-light, darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Active conditions: none | DO NOT CURE

Linguistics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online)

The notes detail how a brain canister is the key to opening the portal, how it can be attached to the Gate, and that destroying the cylinder while it is attached to the Gate will demolish the portal as well.

These purposely don't make a lot of sense yet, but hopefully will later. They look like they were written in the last few weeks, rather than being really old notes.

Which door out of this room, team?

Silver Crusade

Redelia's PFS1 1-35 Voice in the Void Male LG Human Oathbound Paladin of Sarenrae 4 | HP 36/36 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | CMB +9, CMD 19 | F +9, R +4, W +5 | Ini +0 | Perc -2 | SM -2 | Speed 20ft

Kurik points at the door next to the dead watchman.

"Shall we take this door next?"

One vote for the western door.

Sovereign Court

Male LN dhampir unchained rogue (bandit, knife master) 3 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +0 (+2 vs. disease/M-A)| Init: +10 | Perc: +7 (low-light, darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Active conditions: none | DO NOT CURE

"Brain cylinder? I've seen some things back home, but... oh, yes, west is fine, Kurik."

Egavries checks the door. (15 Perception)

Liberty's Edge

Tengu Samurai 1 Hp 15/15 AC 16 Fort +3 Reflex + 3 Will +0 Initiative + 3

"Fine with me."
Click-Click moves towards the door, sword out.

Grand Lodge

Elf Male Slayer 2nd | HP:20/20| AC:19 T:15 FF:14 | CMB:5 CMD:20 | Saves F:+5 R:+9 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +8 | 30’

Beleg nods, covering Egavreis as the rogue checks the door…

Silver Crusade

Redelia's PFS1 1-35 Voice in the Void Male LG Human Oathbound Paladin of Sarenrae 4 | HP 36/36 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | CMB +9, CMD 19 | F +9, R +4, W +5 | Ini +0 | Perc -2 | SM -2 | Speed 20ft

"Sssala? Kiri? You comin'?"

Pushing a little to move on. A closed door in PbP can easily delay a party for a week or more. We do not want that to happen to us, right?

The Concordance

HP 21/21 | Spells 1st: 2/4 | Tome Focus 6/8 | Rapier Focus 2/3 | AC 19 t15 f14 CMD 17 | F+4, R+5, W+4 (immune light-based blind and dazzle) | Init +6, Perc +9 | Elf Occultist 3 |

Kiri is ready go along with the group, standing near the door.

Grand Lodge

kobold sorcerer 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 14, T 13, FF 12 | F:+0 R:+2, W:+3 (+1 curses and fear) | Perc +1 | Init +6

Sssala follows, detouring if necessary to pick up her dagger and making faces at what is left of the statue as she goes by.


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online)

The party sees nothing concerning on the door, and so opens it and steps inside.

This chamber contains several tall wooden bookshelves reaching to the ceiling, almost bursting with the weight of books and scrolls filling the shelves. The shelves and their contents are encrusted with thick growths of brightly colored fungus and glistening mold. Many tomes have fallen from the shelves, their open pages forming a base for more fungi and large mushrooms which carpet the floor. The air here is damp and close, and several of the fungal growths pulse with an eerie purple light that dimly lights the room.

I also encourage all of you to make three perception checks.

Silver Crusade

Redelia's PFS1 1-35 Voice in the Void Male LG Human Oathbound Paladin of Sarenrae 4 | HP 36/36 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | CMB +9, CMD 19 | F +9, R +4, W +5 | Ini +0 | Perc -2 | SM -2 | Speed 20ft

Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3
Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 14

(Wow, one good roll out of three!)

"What have we got here...?"

Grand Lodge

Elf Male Slayer 2nd | HP:20/20| AC:19 T:15 FF:14 | CMB:5 CMD:20 | Saves F:+5 R:+9 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +8 | 30’

Beleg takes a wary look around the chamber…

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 21/21 | Spells 1st: 2/4 | Tome Focus 6/8 | Rapier Focus 2/3 | AC 19 t15 f14 CMD 17 | F+4, R+5, W+4 (immune light-based blind and dazzle) | Init +6, Perc +9 | Elf Occultist 3 |

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

oof... Kurik it's contagious!


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online)

Sssalah, Click-click, and Egavreis?

Liberty's Edge

Tengu Samurai 1 Hp 15/15 AC 16 Fort +3 Reflex + 3 Will +0 Initiative + 3

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Sovereign Court

Male LN dhampir unchained rogue (bandit, knife master) 3 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +0 (+2 vs. disease/M-A)| Init: +10 | Perc: +7 (low-light, darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Active conditions: none | DO NOT CURE

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online)

botting Sssala
perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

You notice hazardous brown mold (brown circle), a shrieker (grey pacman), a backpack, and a trapdoor with mold growing over it.

Liberty's Edge

Tengu Samurai 1 Hp 15/15 AC 16 Fort +3 Reflex + 3 Will +0 Initiative + 3

GM, I assume since you are naming these things, we know what they can do?

Grand Lodge

kobold sorcerer 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 14, T 13, FF 12 | F:+0 R:+2, W:+3 (+1 curses and fear) | Perc +1 | Init +6

Sssala frowns at the mold and mushrooms and then declares, "Yuck"; while Ssslink sticks out his head, sneezes, and glowers before pulling his head back into his bag.

Sovereign Court

Male LN dhampir unchained rogue (bandit, knife master) 3 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +0 (+2 vs. disease/M-A)| Init: +10 | Perc: +7 (low-light, darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Active conditions: none | DO NOT CURE

"My learning leans more toward the humanoid. Are there any cautions I must take when dealing with the visible hazards, while I seek the hidden ones?"

Knowledge (Dungeoneering): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 in case it helps

Silver Crusade

Redelia's PFS1 1-35 Voice in the Void Male LG Human Oathbound Paladin of Sarenrae 4 | HP 36/36 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | CMB +9, CMD 19 | F +9, R +4, W +5 | Ini +0 | Perc -2 | SM -2 | Speed 20ft

"I have no ways of dealing with fungus other than using my blade against it. Is it wise to do so here?"

Kurik has no knowledges - and an INT penalty...

The Concordance

HP 21/21 | Spells 1st: 2/4 | Tome Focus 6/8 | Rapier Focus 2/3 | AC 19 t15 f14 CMD 17 | F+4, R+5, W+4 (immune light-based blind and dazzle) | Init +6, Perc +9 | Elf Occultist 3 |

"Does it burn?" Kiri wonders about the mold.

Know Dungeoneering (i think): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online)

You know that you do not want to walk in the square that contains the brown mold, and that if you go within 10 feet of the shrieker, it may warn enemies or bring enemies to you.

Liberty's Edge

Tengu Samurai 1 Hp 15/15 AC 16 Fort +3 Reflex + 3 Will +0 Initiative + 3

"If that shrieker will alert enemies, we could use that to lure them into an ambush. Drag some desks over to block the door we went past in case it's connected, set some traps if we have any, like some vials of alchemist's fire above the door, get some cover, shoot the shrieker, and then deal with whatever comes to investigate." Click-click proposes.

Sovereign Court

Male LN dhampir unchained rogue (bandit, knife master) 3 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +0 (+2 vs. disease/M-A)| Init: +10 | Perc: +7 (low-light, darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Active conditions: none | DO NOT CURE

"Allow me to try to sneak past when all else is prepared. Perhaps it will not notice me and I will be able to ambush whoever comes through the door first."

And now the question all GMs dread - what direction does the southern door open in?

Grand Lodge

kobold sorcerer 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 14, T 13, FF 12 | F:+0 R:+2, W:+3 (+1 curses and fear) | Perc +1 | Init +6

"Hmm, I wonder..." Sssala peers at the mold.
GM, can I use mage hand to lift up the mold and move it to the square in front of the door?


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online)
Sssala wrote:
GM, can I use mage hand to lift up the mold and move it to the square in front of the door?

Yes, that would work.

Silver Crusade

Redelia's PFS1 1-35 Voice in the Void Male LG Human Oathbound Paladin of Sarenrae 4 | HP 36/36 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | CMB +9, CMD 19 | F +9, R +4, W +5 | Ini +0 | Perc -2 | SM -2 | Speed 20ft

"I will not participate in an ambush, though - there is no honor in that. However, having a tactical advantage is always good. How about this: I will stand in the open with my flail ready. If any people show up when the shrieker goes off, I will detect if they are evil. If they are, I would want to capture and question them, so please try not to kill anyone - just knock them out. And if they are not evil, I want to talk and hear what they have to say."

Trying to prepare an ambush is kind of hard when you have a paladin in the party... *shrugs*

The paladin sheathes his blade and draws his heavy flail. "Where should I stand?" When in position, Kurik will activate his detect evil ability.

@GM Redelia: In which direction does the southern door open? Egavreis wants to know, he asked about it here.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tengu Samurai 1 Hp 15/15 AC 16 Fort +3 Reflex + 3 Will +0 Initiative + 3

"Fine Kurik. Just don't blame me if you wind up pulling arrows out of your ass." Click-click snaps.
Click-click is a Ronin, with something is his backstory about an honor-before-reason lord being the reason. Sorry if his comment's a little too far.

Grand Lodge

Elf Male Slayer 2nd | HP:20/20| AC:19 T:15 FF:14 | CMB:5 CMD:20 | Saves F:+5 R:+9 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +8 | 30’

Beleg ponders, then shrugs. ”Perhaps this shrieker was put here to warn someone that company was coming…mayhap we could try to sneak past it…”

Silver Crusade

Redelia's PFS1 1-35 Voice in the Void Male LG Human Oathbound Paladin of Sarenrae 4 | HP 36/36 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | CMB +9, CMD 19 | F +9, R +4, W +5 | Ini +0 | Perc -2 | SM -2 | Speed 20ft
Click-click wrote:
Click-click is a Ronin, with something is his backstory about an honor-before-reason lord being the reason. Sorry if his comment's a little too far.

That's perfectly fine for me, role-play is good! ;-) Maybe we will retcon anyway that Kurik is ok with the ambush - see discussion...

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LN dhampir unchained rogue (bandit, knife master) 3 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +0 (+2 vs. disease/M-A)| Init: +10 | Perc: +7 (low-light, darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Active conditions: none | DO NOT CURE

"Dear me, I seem to have left my wooden daggers at home," Egavreis sneers. "Perhaps someone has a quill that I could use - the feather side, of course, as the nib would be sharp. I'm not a full vampire; maybe my teeth are blunt enough?"

The dhampir moves as close to the shrieker as possible without alerting it and readies to take a position near the door.

Eventual Stealth Check:
Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Silver Crusade

Redelia's PFS1 1-35 Voice in the Void Male LG Human Oathbound Paladin of Sarenrae 4 | HP 36/36 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | CMB +9, CMD 19 | F +9, R +4, W +5 | Ini +0 | Perc -2 | SM -2 | Speed 20ft

"There is no need for snark, Egavreis. Click-click makes a good point ;-) about arrows, though. Hm...", Kurik ponders, lookin torn.

If someone argues that we can expect evil people - because who (besides us) should be here with good intentions? - Kurik can be swayed to agree with the ambush. It might be even easier than you think - he has no Knowledge (religion), no Sense Motive and negative Int and Wis modifiers... :-o ;-)

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LN dhampir unchained rogue (bandit, knife master) 3 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +0 (+2 vs. disease/M-A)| Init: +10 | Perc: +7 (low-light, darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Active conditions: none | DO NOT CURE

"But my chief weapon is snark. That and knives. Snark and knives are my two chief weapons..."


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online)

waiting while you guys get this worked out...


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online)

Looking carefully at the door to the south, you see that it opens towards you, but the layer of mold on the floor would make the door very difficult to open (would require a strength check).

Sovereign Court

Male LN dhampir unchained rogue (bandit, knife master) 3 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +0 (+2 vs. disease/M-A)| Init: +10 | Perc: +7 (low-light, darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Active conditions: none | DO NOT CURE

The dhampir sneaks over to the side of the door the hinges are not on so that he will get a good view of whoever comes through first.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online)

What is everyone else doing to set up the ambush? Where are you placing yourselves?

Liberty's Edge

Tengu Samurai 1 Hp 15/15 AC 16 Fort +3 Reflex + 3 Will +0 Initiative + 3

Click-click flips a desk for cover, draws his bow, and readies an action to shoot anything hostile that comes through the door.

51 to 100 of 172 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Redelia's PFS1 1-35 Voice of the Void All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.