Book 1 The Dead Roads (Inactive)

Game Master Seldlon the Swift

MAP


201 to 250 of 345 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Male Human Stats:HP 10/10 AC 17/15/12 Saves 4/2/0 CMD 14 Init 2 Perc 2 S.M. -2 Spell warrior 1 Resources Raging Song 6/6[/ooc] Level 1 spells 2/2

Free action: Move Bec to one handed
Move action: Draw a sling stone in free hand
Stanard action Throw stone at Cobra
Free action: Take Bec de Corbin in 2 hands
No actual movement, Ardran remains in place

Stone throw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Is that thing intelligent? Animal level intelligence would have attacked by now, strange Thinks Ardran as he repeats last turns actions, throwing another slingstone.

AoO:

AoO: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


HP: 10/10 | AC: 12 / T: 10 / FF: 10 | Fort: +2, Ref: +4, Will: +0 | CMB: 2, CMD: 14 | Init: +4, Perception: +5(+1 versus Traps) Low-light Vision

Noting that Morana was fetching her Crossbow, Farod kept his cool, stepping slightly to the side to give her a free line of fire, then preparing to smash the snake if it attempted to move around the sarcophagus.
"Well, if it's just gonna sit there..."

Heavy Mace Readied Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 Bludgeoning Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Standard to ready an Attack


Thinking aloud, Wulfgar motions towards the snake with his glaive. "It's not a real snake, we've assumed it's instincts will act like one." Looking around the crypt, "Maybe it's been crafted to react to something a natural snake wouldn't." He gestures towards the sarcophagus, "Maybe it's here to defend the tomb?" Exhaling. "We probably could leave it alone and be on our way." He looks to the others, "But if we're going to figure out what happened to us, maybe we need Information that the crypt can provide." He shrugs. "I'm willing to try and kill it then inspect the crypt." He shifts the glaive again, ready to attack the not-a-snake, in case it moves.

I think to get it to move we have to open the sarcophagus. Happy to kill it first. Igar, just a readied action again Readied attack: Glaive, power attack
readied attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 - 1 = 12 for damage: 1d10 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 3 = 14


Female Assimar Cleric (Stoic Caregiver) 1 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | HP 10/10 | F +5 R +1 W +5 | Init +1 | Perc +10 Darkvision | Channel 2/6

Morana says "I'm going to shoot it" Then she raises her light crossbow again and fires a shot

Light Crossbow1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

missing she reloads saying "Pharasma will judge this thing."


The bolt goes wide.

Round 2
Current Effects -
Wulfgar 12/13, Morana 10/10, Ardran 10/10, Farod 10/10

Wulfgar, Ardran
snake
Morana, Farod


Wulfgar, Ardran <=====
snake
Morana, Farod


Seeing Morana fire at the snake-like creature, Wulfgar loses his patience waiting for the creature to make the first move. Raging he lifts the glaive high as he steps forward. "Well, I'm not going to wait until it to decide." Chopping down at the thing with his glaive.

Rage 1/5 HP 14/15, AC 15 5 ft step, Rage Attack: glaive Power attack
attack: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 2 = 13 for damage: 1d10 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 3 = 19


Wulfgar kills the non aggressive construct.

End initiative.


HP: 10/10 | AC: 12 / T: 10 / FF: 10 | Fort: +2, Ref: +4, Will: +0 | CMB: 2, CMD: 14 | Init: +4, Perception: +5(+1 versus Traps) Low-light Vision

"Well, there's that.", Farod comments, then cautiously approaches the sarcophagus.
Perception Traps: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10
"Seems clear. Anybody wanna see if they can harvest some of that nasty discharge you mentioned from the snake? If it even had any."
No survival skilled here.


Raising an eyebrow as the construct goes limp, Wulfgar releases his rage. He takes a moment to recover from the combat fatigue. Shaking his head as Farod moves towards the sarcophagus, "I've no desire to mess with poison, even from a fake snake."

He leans his glaive against the was as he gestures towards the sarcophagus, remembering the shape they were in when they awoke. "We should open it, make sure no one alive is within."

Taking off his pack he draws out the crowbar they had found. Leaving the pack at the bottom of the steps he moves up to the Sarcophagus, planting the angled end under the lid. Looking towards the others, he smiles, "Come on, give me a hand with this." Taking a deep breath, he begins to tug on the crowbar attempting to shift the lid of the sarcophagus.

str: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 = 17


DC 20 will do it.


Male Human Stats:HP 10/10 AC 17/15/12 Saves 4/2/0 CMD 14 Init 2 Perc 2 S.M. -2 Spell warrior 1 Resources Raging Song 6/6[/ooc] Level 1 spells 2/2

Let me assist in the opening Ardran says

Additional allies would be most welcome

Aid another STR: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 putting Wulfgar to 21

Good idea on the attempted extracting, unfortunately I doubt I would be of much use in such an endeavor.
I have no relevant training in using or extracting poison.
My peoples training doctrines were focused on fighting demons primarily and Duergar secondarily, Duergar are highly resistant to toxins, even low level demons are outright immune to most poisons.
Certain servitors of the Savored Sting are known to be capable of overcoming such resistances, but these capabilities are very rare, expensive, and closely guarded.

Should be survival, which I dont have, and my wis is negative so its at -1
He speaks to Farod as he does so.


Aid another is +2


Male Human Stats:HP 10/10 AC 17/15/12 Saves 4/2/0 CMD 14 Init 2 Perc 2 S.M. -2 Spell warrior 1 Resources Raging Song 6/6[/ooc] Level 1 spells 2/2

I have 2 different traits, helpfull and outlander which result in it being +4.

helpful which increases it to 3

as well as

The outsider which increases it by +1.

It is kind of expensive at essentially 2 traits, but probably worth it.


Although the sarcophagus is empty, the interior of the lid is carved with a slender angelic woman with a benevolent gaze surrounded by clouds, looking down as though from a great height. Words around the image read, “O Arazni, the Red Crusader, Watch Over My Eternal Rest.”


Female Assimar Cleric (Stoic Caregiver) 1 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | HP 10/10 | F +5 R +1 W +5 | Init +1 | Perc +10 Darkvision | Channel 2/6

Would a knowledge religion reveal anything?

Morana begins to examine the sarcophagus's lid. and ponders the meaning of the phrase.


Nothing specific at this time.


Morana Lazaku wrote:
Morana begins to examine the sarcophagus's lid. and ponders the meaning of the phrase.

Just more of Roslar's infatuation with Arazni to put that there.


Male Human Stats:HP 10/10 AC 17/15/12 Saves 4/2/0 CMD 14 Init 2 Perc 2 S.M. -2 Spell warrior 1 Resources Raging Song 6/6[/ooc] Level 1 spells 2/2

Interesting, burial culture. Ardran says utterly non-judgemental actually.
Wishing to be with your desired ones in death? Quite reasonable.
He pauses

But why do peacelanders bury rather then burn their death in the first place? Its just such a risk in case of enemy necromancers. Also, if you bury people with their weapons, which we did before the demon invasion, you lose good weapons too.

Ardran cast detect magic, and seeks to aid someone investigating the actual coffin.
Perception Aid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
He fails at being much use though.


HP: 10/10 | AC: 12 / T: 10 / FF: 10 | Fort: +2, Ref: +4, Will: +0 | CMB: 2, CMD: 14 | Init: +4, Perception: +5(+1 versus Traps) Low-light Vision

"Well, nothing to see here, I guess. Onwards?", Farod suggests when nothing of interest is found in the chamber.


Female Assimar Cleric (Stoic Caregiver) 1 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | HP 10/10 | F +5 R +1 W +5 | Init +1 | Perc +10 Darkvision | Channel 2/6

Morana retrieves her bolt before moving on to the next room and checks the sarcophagus one last time

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

I see nothing, again.


Male Human Stats:HP 10/10 AC 17/15/12 Saves 4/2/0 CMD 14 Init 2 Perc 2 S.M. -2 Spell warrior 1 Resources Raging Song 6/6[/ooc] Level 1 spells 2/2

You can take 10s if not in combat.


Pausing as Ardran speaks of his peoples' foes and their resistance to poison, Wulfgar shrugged, "I know nothing of poisons either. They clearly wouldn't work on the undead and I've no desire to use poisons even on the vilest of orcs." Remembering one of his companions is half orc, his eyes widen, turning to Farod, "No Offense Farod."

As Ardran joins him and pushes the lid aside, Wulfgar furrows his brow looking into the empty sarcophagus. Looking up at the others, waiting as Ardran speaking of 'burial culture' he shrugs. "Perchance they believe this body will serve them into eternity." Shaking his head. "But even if tomb raiders steal the weapons, they normally leave the body." Hoping necromancy is not at work, Wulfgar agrees with Farod, "Yes onward."

As he returns to where he had placed his glaive he asks. "Is it possible than someone else was 'asleep' there and they simply returned the lid when they left?" Frowning at the idea of some lone confused villager wandering the tombs, Wulfgar returned to the central room; pressing on to the next doorway.

Pausing to make sure everyone had exited the sarcophagus room safely, he approached the South-eastern door glaive in hand ready to defend his friends.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


HP: 10/10 | AC: 12 / T: 10 / FF: 10 | Fort: +2, Ref: +4, Will: +0 | CMB: 2, CMD: 14 | Init: +4, Perception: +5(+1 versus Traps) Low-light Vision

"So it was poison after all? You said it was non-poisonous previously. Mentioned some discharge. I figured that MAY be of use, even against undead.", Farod seems slightly confused, but does not inquire further. On Wulfgars words, he responds:"No offense taken. There are equally vile humans and other humanoids out there - but few of those truly consider their vileness a virtue."
He follows Wulfgar, once again one step behind.


Female Assimar Cleric (Stoic Caregiver) 1 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | HP 10/10 | F +5 R +1 W +5 | Init +1 | Perc +10 Darkvision | Channel 2/6

Morana moves out of the room and joins her companions at the next room picking up her longspear on the way. She says "Before necromancy was a large problem it was the easiest way to deal with the smell of the deceased. That's why they also bury animal carcasses."


The stone walls of this room are carved to resemble an airy stable with a large stone box at the southern end. The lid of the box is cracked and corroded, as though from powerful acid. An illustration of a lean, regal stallion and the words “No Greater Friend Hath a Man Than His Loyal Steed” are chiseled into the stone above the box.

initiative:

Ardran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Morana: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Farod: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Wulfgar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
horse skeleton: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Round 1
Current Effects -
Wulfgar 12/13, Morana 10/10, Ardran 10/10, Farod 10/10

skeleton horse <=====
Ardran, Morana, Farod, Wulfgar


The horse skeleton moves to the door and hooves at Wulfgar.

Melee hoof v FFAC16: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Ardran, Morana, Farod, Wulfgar <=====


Male Human Stats:HP 10/10 AC 17/15/12 Saves 4/2/0 CMD 14 Init 2 Perc 2 S.M. -2 Spell warrior 1 Resources Raging Song 6/6[/ooc] Level 1 spells 2/2

Loyal Steed? Interesting, in Sarkoris well, we used to be pretty big on animal companions, Mammoths in particular.

As he perceives the undead horse

For once, I am glad our fondness for Mammoths did not catch on much.

Ardran moves up and tries to smack it with his Bec de Corbin.

Smesh: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 Adran it probably has cover
damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 B/P


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ardran bludgeons the strange looking skeleton.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

'No greater friend hath a Man than his loyal steed?' Reading the quote aroun the stone box, Wulfgar quips, "This fellow must not have had many ..." Before he can finish the statement, he realizes the skeleton horse is moving towards him. Barely able to dodge the hooves, Wulgar sees the blunt hammer of his friends Bec de Corbin swing past his shoulder and smash into the skeleton. Shifting Wulfgar realized that Ardran had stepped directly behind him. So, stepping back to the left, Wulfgar joined him as he slashed at the skeletal remains with his glaive.

5 ft step, attack: Glaive power attack.
atttack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 1 = 18 for damage: 1d10 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 3 = 19


Wulgar destroys the bone chariot revealing its rider. Another ostovite.

Morana, Farod <=====


Female Assimar Cleric (Stoic Caregiver) 1 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | HP 10/10 | F +5 R +1 W +5 | Init +1 | Perc +10 Darkvision | Channel 2/6

Morana strikes forward with her longspear.

Longspear:1d20 ⇒ 12 Damage:1d8 ⇒ 8


Male Human Stats:HP 10/10 AC 17/15/12 Saves 4/2/0 CMD 14 Init 2 Perc 2 S.M. -2 Spell warrior 1 Resources Raging Song 6/6[/ooc] Level 1 spells 2/2

going to sleep, AoOs just in case, as it will likely provoke GM only:

attack AoO 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

attack AoO 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

I think both miss, even if it somehow provokes twice.


What are you up to, Farod?


HP: 10/10 | AC: 12 / T: 10 / FF: 10 | Fort: +2, Ref: +4, Will: +0 | CMB: 2, CMD: 14 | Init: +4, Perception: +5(+1 versus Traps) Low-light Vision

Apologies, I had network trouble due to ISP yesterday.

Farod prepares to strike the Osteovit if it attempts to assail one of his comrades.

Ready action=Attack if it is about to enter an allies square: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Attack of Opportunity: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

But he is overly careful in making sure not to strike any allies instead, striking twice with powerful, but ill-aimed blows.


The ostovite retreats into a crevasse in the southeastern corner of the room.

End initiative.


Seeing the fish-boned bug run to the crevasse in the corner Wulfgar stepped through the doorway and leaned his polearm against the wall. Drawing his kunai from its sheath on his pack strap gesturing towards what seems to be a sarcophagus for a horse. Shrugging, "OK, now I just need to know. What do you bury with your horse for the after life?"

Tucking the tools tip under the lid, he attempts to move it. Shaking his head, he gestures towards it. "Could one of you lean on this with me?" he then leans into it again.

str: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9
str: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 = 13


Male Human Stats:HP 10/10 AC 17/15/12 Saves 4/2/0 CMD 14 Init 2 Perc 2 S.M. -2 Spell warrior 1 Resources Raging Song 6/6[/ooc] Level 1 spells 2/2

Ardran moves into room eyes on the crevise, assuming an overwatch position, should the Ostovite return.
He hopes that this aids the others in investigating the room, by allowing them to focus.

Perception Aid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

If someone else takes overwatch at the crevice I can give it a try.
Ardran nods to Wulfgar.


The cracked, brittle, acid worn lid crumbles revealing silver and jade adornments from the decayed bridle.


Female Assimar Cleric (Stoic Caregiver) 1 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | HP 10/10 | F +5 R +1 W +5 | Init +1 | Perc +10 Darkvision | Channel 2/6

Morana keeps a keen eye on the crevasse with her longspear, hoping she can kill the thing before it causes damage.


HP: 10/10 | AC: 12 / T: 10 / FF: 10 | Fort: +2, Ref: +4, Will: +0 | CMB: 2, CMD: 14 | Init: +4, Perception: +5(+1 versus Traps) Low-light Vision

Farod opens the lid of the lantern, and sets something on fire before throwing it in front of the crevice - if there is nothing flammable nearby, he instead approaches from the side while Morana watches the opening and drips some of the lanterns oil in front of the crevice, trying to check if there was an airflow or if the hole was unconnected to another location.
or simply very stagnant, albeit I would assume the heat from a flame would change the dynamics sufficiently.


The tiny flames from the lantern oil dance about.


Male Human Stats:HP 10/10 AC 17/15/12 Saves 4/2/0 CMD 14 Init 2 Perc 2 S.M. -2 Spell warrior 1 Resources Raging Song 6/6[/ooc] Level 1 spells 2/2

With Morana taking point towards the crevasse, Dylan activates detect magic, giving the room a once over.


Nothing in the room registers.


Seeing the silver and jade adornments, Wulfgar scratches his head. Gesturing, towards the decorative destroyed bridle. "Is it grave robbing if it's a horse?" Tucking his Kunai in its scabbard, he shrugs. "Not like we can use it for anything. And if we try and sell it what are we going to say? 'We stole it from the most famous tomb in town.'?"


HP: 10/10 | AC: 12 / T: 10 / FF: 10 | Fort: +2, Ref: +4, Will: +0 | CMB: 2, CMD: 14 | Init: +4, Perception: +5(+1 versus Traps) Low-light Vision

"Besides not knowing how we ended up here, the fact we were assaulted by bugs attempting to murder us multiple times to turn into some kind of vessel, shelves collapsing as you searched them, and the general state of disrepair and abandonment around here, I do not think what we do qualifies as grave robbing at this point. We are liberating these items from the tomb to save them for future generations. What good is all this if nobody can safely come and visit? Better to have some wealthy patron subsidize our retrievement and allow them to build a smaller - and safer - shrine where people can pay their respects", Farod attempts to smooth-talk the point Wulfgar brings up about stealing from the dead.


Male Human Stats:HP 10/10 AC 17/15/12 Saves 4/2/0 CMD 14 Init 2 Perc 2 S.M. -2 Spell warrior 1 Resources Raging Song 6/6[/ooc] Level 1 spells 2/2

Given the number of Ostovites, these things are rare outside of some specific Abyssal layers, Abbadon and the dead roads, I would be unsurprised if we are not on Golarion. Ardran states

If we are on Golarion and in Roslars coffer, I would volunteer for mending these things, and assisting in a proper renovation of the area later. Ardran backs up Farod, his pragmatism clearly visible.

If its not Golarion, I would almost hope its the dead roads, either Abbadon or the Abyss would be far beyond our capability to survive.

Can someone roll perception with a +3 from my aid?


Male Human Stats:HP 10/10 AC 17/15/12 Saves 4/2/0 CMD 14 Init 2 Perc 2 S.M. -2 Spell warrior 1 Resources Raging Song 6/6[/ooc] Level 1 spells 2/2

In the meantime:

Friends, I have a cunning plan regarding the just absconded Ostovite, if you could get into prepared positions around the exist of the crevice? And Mrs. Morana, I need an ideally purplish light on this sling stone.

Assuming she does so:

Ardran casts mage hands, gives a wide grin and wink at the party and begins chanting in Abyssal, holding his Bec de Corbin in both hands, as he mage hands the purple slingstone into the crevice, moving it as if it was in a searching pattern.

Bluff I have an unholy Hand Grenade: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Trying to bluff the Ostovite into thinking I am going to blow it up if it doesnt charge out of the Crevasse

Леди в тени
Благослови это, твоя нечестивая бомба
с твоим великим коварством
и пусть враги твои бегут в панике при твоем появлении.

и я буду считать до трех
это число хвостов твоих
и тогда они взорвутся
с яростью ста Балоров

и враги твои будут расколоты.
и размолоты в пыль
и будут частично взорваны в соседнее измерение.
или будут полностью удалены из любой реальности

И поэтому я говорю 1, кто ты из этого числа.
и затем я говорю 2, что является дважды священным числом рогов твоих и крыльев твоих.
Но я не скажу 4, ибо я знаю секреты нечестивой математики.
И не скажу 5, по самым очевидным причинам.

Поэтому я говорю: ........

Abyssal:

Oh Lady in Shadows
Bless this, thy unholy bomb
with thy great cunning
and let thy foes run in panik at thy coming

and I shall count until 3
which is the number of thy tails
and then they wile shall explode
with the fury of a 100 Balors

and thy foes shall be splittered
and grinded to dust
and be partially blasted into a neighbouring dimension
or be completely removed from any reality

And So I say 1, which of the number you are
and then I say 2, which is the twice holy number of thy horns and thy wings
But I shall not say 4, for I know the secrets of unholy mathematics
Nor shall I say 5, for most obvious reasons

As such I say........


Realizing he hadn't considered the finer points of 'tomb robbing' Wulfgar shrugged, then unshouldering his pack dropped it beside the sarcophagus. As he opened his pack, he wasn't really sure how to response to Ardran's comment about not being in Kansas Rolsars Coffer anymore, so picking up the bits of bridle he places them in his pack, adding. "I know a Saddler in town. We can get it fixed and bring it back."

As Wulfgar retied and shouldered his rucksack, he listened to Ardrans plan. Moving back to the doorway he picked up his glaive and standing near the door to prevent said Ostivites exit, he prepared to stab the fish-boned bug. As Ardran stared reciting something that sounded like poetry in a guttural evil sounding language, Wulfgar paused scratching his head, fearing he may have misunderstood the plan.

As requested, for anything in particular?
perception: 1d20 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 3 = 9


Female Assimar Cleric (Stoic Caregiver) 1 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | HP 10/10 | F +5 R +1 W +5 | Init +1 | Perc +10 Darkvision | Channel 2/6

Before dong anything with the light Morana says "Farod Are you ok with moving the light?"

201 to 250 of 345 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GamePlay Book 1 The Dead Roads All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.