(PaizoCon 2022) Starfinder Bounty 2 - Test Flight (Inactive)

Game Master CanisDirus

SFS PbP - Test Flight (Level 1)

GM Notes:
Perception
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice

Initiative
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice

PaizoCon Test Flight Scenery, Maps, & Handouts


1 to 50 of 72 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

This is the gameplay thread for Starfinder Bounty 2 - Test Flight (author table) as part of PaizoCon 2022. If you're part of the game, please feel free to "dot and delete" while we wait to get underway!

Sonudtrack #1: Pre-Game - Mass Effect 2 OST: Normandy Reborn

* One note about the in-game soundtrack: an apparently recent change in Dropbox has them setting the volume to max when you hit play. I recommend keeping an eye on that so you don't blast your eardrums off! Some of the tracks for this are custom edits or else I'd just use -tube links and the like.

Test Flight Scenery, Maps, & Handouts

Wayfinders

Raxalite Mystic(Xenodruid)-1 | Tiny | SP:6/6 HP:8/8 RP 5/5 | F0 R1 W6 | E12 K13 | I1 P8 | 30ft | LL | EG | 124312-723

A tiny Raxalite waits in a corner ... who could be mistaken for a pot plant.

Dataphiles

Kizilonoz | non-binary N Skittermander tinker operative 1 | SP 7/7 HP 8/8 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +7 | Perc: +3; low-light vision | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: None

ninja dot

Acquisitives

Male Ikeshti Biohacker 1 (Sensate Theme) | CN | Small monstrous humanoid | Speed 30 ft., climb 15 ft. EAC 14 | KAC 15 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +0 (+1 morale vs. fear) |Perception +9 | Sense Motive -1 |Offensive Abilities: blood squirt
Skills:
Athletics +0 (+8 when climbing), Computers +8 (1 ranks), Culture +8, Engineering +6 (1 ranks), Life Science +9, Medicine +9, Perception +9, Physical Science +9, Profession (cook) +3

A purple-hued ikeshti arrives. Spotting the raxilite, a dark tongue emerges from the repitlian's mouth licking the scales around it. "Appetizer? Or salad?" he asks aloud. He pauses in thought for a moment, then concludes, "Garnish."

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Male LG Bloodseeker Tromlin Solarian (Electrical Attunement, Stewards Officer) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 (14/15 without solar armor) | Fort +2; Ref +3; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Attunement 0/3 | 1 Reroll | Active conditions: None

A square-jawed human wearing a crisp Steward's uniform - looking like he just stepped out of a recruiting poster - steps into the room. He stands near the other agents and takes up a parade rest stance, announcing formally, "Tactical Officer Kalhoun, reporting for duty."

Wayfinders

Raxalite Mystic(Xenodruid)-1 | Tiny | SP:6/6 HP:8/8 RP 5/5 | F0 R1 W6 | E12 K13 | I1 P8 | 30ft | LL | EG | 124312-723

The Raxalite tries to get further into the corner with an audible Eeeeeeep!

Second Seekers (Roheas)

Male Gnome Precog 2 | HP: 14/14 SP: 12/12 Res 3/3 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | Fort +1 Ref +6 Will +0 | Init +3 | Percep +5

A bleachling gnome in a slapdash set of jury-rigged freebooter armor walks into the room and gives a cross look at the plant in the corner. "Stop that," he says crossly, "what a terrible sound. Venture-cap - er, sorry, old habits. Ablenaffener Whiffletree, I'll be handling chronicling," he says, holding up a datapad and stylus to the others.

Wayfinders

Raxalite Mystic(Xenodruid)-1 | Tiny | SP:6/6 HP:8/8 RP 5/5 | F0 R1 W6 | E12 K13 | I1 P8 | 30ft | LL | EG | 124312-723

The Raxalite wilts a bit at the rebuke

Acquisitives

Male Ikeshti Biohacker 1 (Sensate Theme) | CN | Small monstrous humanoid | Speed 30 ft., climb 15 ft. EAC 14 | KAC 15 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +0 (+1 morale vs. fear) |Perception +9 | Sense Motive -1 |Offensive Abilities: blood squirt
Skills:
Athletics +0 (+8 when climbing), Computers +8 (1 ranks), Culture +8, Engineering +6 (1 ranks), Life Science +9, Medicine +9, Perception +9, Physical Science +9, Profession (cook) +3

The ikeshti eyes up the newcomers, then mutters, "Quite a spread."

Raising his voice more audibly, he says, I'm called T'Krunch. Lived on Akiton until I struck out on my own a few years ago. I thought joining the Starfinder Society might give me a taste of what the Pact Worlds have to offer."

"Which reminds me, would you mind if I took a few samples from each of you?" T'Krunch inquires of the party, pulling out a small, handheld device, which includes an extendable wand tipped with a sampling nozzle. Attached to the device is a series of small, empty vials. "Don't need more than a pinch of each of you."

This is T'Krunch's microlab for his biohacker abilities.

Second Seekers (Roheas)

Male Gnome Precog 2 | HP: 14/14 SP: 12/12 Res 3/3 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | Fort +1 Ref +6 Will +0 | Init +3 | Percep +5

Able will extend an arm towards T'Krunch and makes a gesture of go ahead. He looks at the machine. "What will this thing do with the samples, exactly?" He then looks around at the others. "In fact, what sort of capabilities are we working with here? I've found myself in possession of some sort of chronomantic capabilities - mild divination, timeline manipulation, pretty minor things right now, but enough to provide some utility."

Acquisitives

Male Ikeshti Biohacker 1 (Sensate Theme) | CN | Small monstrous humanoid | Speed 30 ft., climb 15 ft. EAC 14 | KAC 15 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +0 (+1 morale vs. fear) |Perception +9 | Sense Motive -1 |Offensive Abilities: blood squirt
Skills:
Athletics +0 (+8 when climbing), Computers +8 (1 ranks), Culture +8, Engineering +6 (1 ranks), Life Science +9, Medicine +9, Perception +9, Physical Science +9, Profession (cook) +3

"The samples are mostly for attunement of my customary microlab," T'Krunch explains. "All it takes is a slight dash or pinch, really, which I then pair with other ingredients to create the perfect infusion. With most Starfinders, I find my coating, seasoning, and glazing compounds to be the most compatible. Some provide for more texture on the skin, while others simply add a little zest to one's grip or stride."

"Often, I will save my marinades, tenderizers, and emulsifiers for more hostile creatures as those are often more acidic in nature," he continues. "But, as they say, 'To ceviche his own!'"

"You may decline providing a sample, if you wish, but know that many of our fellow Starfinders that have been treated with my delectable infusions in the past turned out to be well-seasoned agents." He licks his lips again, then adds, "If I am to be a brood-minder some day, then I ought to be prepared, don't you think?"

If T'Krunch's antics are too much, please let me know in a post or via PM and I will tone them down.

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Male LG Bloodseeker Tromlin Solarian (Electrical Attunement, Stewards Officer) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 (14/15 without solar armor) | Fort +2; Ref +3; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Attunement 0/3 | 1 Reroll | Active conditions: None

Kalhoun will offer a drop of blood to the biohacker. "Maximum team efficiency is to be desired on any mission."

He then turns to the gnome. "I have completed the advanced starship strategy program at the Academy. I am able to guide and inspire crews to optimize combat capability. I am also fully capable of piloting any model of ship and operating a wide variety of onboard weaponry. Should a boarding action occur, I am a proficient marksman and have the ability to manipulate electrical forces telekinetically."

Wayfinders

Raxalite Mystic(Xenodruid)-1 | Tiny | SP:6/6 HP:8/8 RP 5/5 | F0 R1 W6 | E12 K13 | I1 P8 | 30ft | LL | EG | 124312-723

The tiny Raxalite also offers an appendage for a sample to be taken although it still looks a bit wary.

Volitare Fugax it says Xenodruid ah ... I heal entities and study the mystic arts as well as plants and animals

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

Our 6th player is out of town for another 24 hours, and our 5th hasn't jumped in here, but I'm going to start us off slowly so that should give them both some time :)

Stirred to seek out adventure in the universe, you have all left behind the safety of your homeworlds to travel the stars. You wear armor instead of comfortable clothing and consume R2E rations instead of the familiar foods of your home cultures. Your journeys on majestic spacecraft to exotic worlds may be early, but they are undoubtedly set to be grand ones! Today, these grand travels lead you to...

Soundtrack #2: Reception - Sailor Moon S OST: Tree-lined Street in the Morning (Asa no Namikidou)

The reception area of United Interfaith Engineering, where you wait for an hours-long background check to be completed.

Sometime in the past day or two, each of you discovered a posting on the Absalom Station infosphere seeking test crews to fly a prototype starship.

Given that you are the only ones here, aside from the receptionist, you have plenty of time to introduce yourselves to each other!

Test Flight scenery has been updated!

Dataphiles

The gnome's comm unit suddenly goes off and he excuses himself to address the person on the other end. After a few minutes, a tall android with a few guns and a prominent sniper rifle across his back walks in and takes a relaxed seat somewhere he can see the door.

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Male LG Bloodseeker Tromlin Solarian (Electrical Attunement, Stewards Officer) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 (14/15 without solar armor) | Fort +2; Ref +3; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Attunement 0/3 | 1 Reroll | Active conditions: None

"Last-second changes to personnel are not conducive to successful operations," Kalhoun grumbles.

Dataphiles

"I generally don't find that to be the case," the lounging android says in a flat affect that never the less came off with a faint whiff of snark. "The name is Iseph. I may have adventured with some of you before; I am frequently employed by the Starfinder Society. I am looking forward to another success today."

Wayfinders

Raxalite Mystic(Xenodruid)-1 | Tiny | SP:6/6 HP:8/8 RP 5/5 | F0 R1 W6 | E12 K13 | I1 P8 | 30ft | LL | EG | 124312-723

So you bring experience. That is always good. I'm new at this so .. I hope to learn more. um .. Volitare, xenodruid.

The Raxalite extends their LFAN in a gesture of greeting.

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

Going to get us going, maybe just with 5 it seems.

The receptionist's phone rings. They stand up and smile, inviting you to come along with them, leading you through office corridors lined with artistic renderings of countless deities worshiped in the Pact Worlds, until you reach an office.

Soundtrack #3: Office - The Last Starfighter OST: Planet of Rylos

This office is a picture of chaos. Three different computer desks set at slightly differing heights have been pushed together to support four keyboards, seven holo‑monitors, and no less than nine data ports. A mosaic of coffee stains covers the desktops’ surfaces. A chair that would look more at home in a vid-gamer’s den sits behind this haphazard workstation, while the opposite side hosts a retro velvet-cushioned recliner chair, a vinyl loveseat that has seen far better days, and a plush sofa that converts into a bed. Stacks of datapads and tech manuals cover almost every free bit of floor space. By contrast, a window at the back of the office looks out into a stark white cleanroom where engineers are carefully assembling a sensor array.

The office’s sole occupant is a host shirren wearing a wrinkled suit and a colorful bowtie. The shirren’s antennae quiver with excitement as they introduce themselves telepathically.

“Please come in! My speech-name is J’scib, and I’m the lead engineer for the Grimshaw. Can I offer you some Randblaz?” The shirren holds out an open bag of candy. “Each candy is visually indistinguishable but has fruit flavor profiles from dozens of worlds. Every bite is a surprise! The lime ones are my favorite!” J’scib hands out sweets while continuing.

“We here at UIE want to bring an affordable starship to market that can handle the rigors of system exploration while still defending its crew and looking sleek in the process. As such, we’d like you to take our new prototype on a preprogrammed course to Liavara. Put the ship through its paces and test out as many systems as you can on the way. When you get there, transmit your flight records to our data relay station on one of the moons, then come back. The space lane you’re taking is regularly patrolled by Stewards law-enforcement ships, so the whole trip should be nice and safe. Come, let’s head to the hangar!”

J'scib stands up and leads you out toward an elevator. "Feel free to ask me any questions you'd like as we walk!" They check their data pad for a moment. "Also, T'Krunch - what are your parents' names?"

Scenery and Maps are updated!

Wayfinders

Raxalite Mystic(Xenodruid)-1 | Tiny | SP:6/6 HP:8/8 RP 5/5 | F0 R1 W6 | E12 K13 | I1 P8 | 30ft | LL | EG | 124312-723

Volitare is riding along in a hoverchair, being easier to get around and also to avoid being jostled by other entities. It uses it's LFAN to control the chair.

Upon arrival they collect some offered randblaz. So .... what are the specs of this ship?

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Male LG Bloodseeker Tromlin Solarian (Electrical Attunement, Stewards Officer) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 (14/15 without solar armor) | Fort +2; Ref +3; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Attunement 0/3 | 1 Reroll | Active conditions: None

"An unfamiliar ship should provide an interesting challenge! Though I hope it is better condition than this room... Are there any preset hazards for this prototype to overcome, and if so, will you provide a briefing on them or rely on our ingenuity?"

Dataphiles

Iseph stands and stretches, watching with interest as the others ask questions. "Seems pretty self-explanatory to me," he says agreeably.

Acquisitives

Male Ikeshti Biohacker 1 (Sensate Theme) | CN | Small monstrous humanoid | Speed 30 ft., climb 15 ft. EAC 14 | KAC 15 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +0 (+1 morale vs. fear) |Perception +9 | Sense Motive -1 |Offensive Abilities: blood squirt
Skills:
Athletics +0 (+8 when climbing), Computers +8 (1 ranks), Culture +8, Engineering +6 (1 ranks), Life Science +9, Medicine +9, Perception +9, Physical Science +9, Profession (cook) +3
The Dire GM wrote:
“Also, T'Krunch - what are your parents' names?"

"Parents?" T'Krunch replies, clearly somewhat confused by the question. "Oh, do you mean the direct sources of my genetic material?"

More confident that he is aware of the subject at hand, the ikeshti continues, "Well, I ain't the offspring of no rivener, that's for sure!"

"I was raised by a 'brood-minder'. It never occurred to me to call him anything else," T'Krunch pauses for a moment. "Never thought, actually, to inquire if he had any another name."

"He would have been the closest thing to what you might call a 'parent', if you will. I don't have any actual memory of my 'mother', as I suppose you might call her. After mating and obviously having laid and fertilized the clutch of eggs that contained me and the rest of my brood, my 'parents' would undoubtedly have fought each other to the death. Clearly, 'brood-minder' was victorious"

"With my 'mother' likely reduced to little more than food stuff, that is when 'brood-minder' would have become, well, a brood-minder. Fortunately, the strong urges of his biology following his victory drove hime to manage a brood of young ikeshtis, which included me."

"Showing no instinctive preference for his own young and seeking to add newborn ikeshtis to his brood, he would occasionally kill off some of my weaker broodmates to open up space for candidates who showed more promise. Believe me, Etskil had it coming and no one was sorry when that little punk got offed."

"Perhaps, that is more than you wanted to know, J'scib. But, it is not often that I get to reminisce about the old days," T'Krunch notes wistfully.

"As for me, if all goes as well as it can, I'll end up as a brood-minder myself someday, responsible for the feeding and caring--though, mostly feeding, really--of a vast brood of hungry, growing, and hungry little mouths."

"Left to their own devices, that voracious little brood will try to ingest whatever organic matter they can get their claws and teeth around. Some broods of my kind have been known to operate as garbage disposals for large settlements," he explains. "But, I always figured that if I--and later, my brood--are going to eat, then why not eat the best the galaxy has to offer?"

"That is where my membership in the Starfinder Society comes in, offering opportunities to explore new worlds, new cultures, new species, and--naturally, new tastes!" The ikeshti gives a toothy grin. "So, I have set out to sample whatever I can find for my own nutritional and education value, but also for the future of the ikeshti population as whole!"

"Say, J'scib," he says holding out a syringe. "Would you mind if I took a small sample from you to add to my collection?"

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

Soundtrack #3: Office - The Last Starfighter OST: Planet of Rylos

J'scib blinks a few times at T'Krunch's response...it looks like they were going to try and wave their hands to stop the ikeshti from revealing too much, but they end up just standing there, enraptured by the tale.

As to the biohacker's question, "As much as I'd love to help further research, corporate policy forbids any form of donations, which probably extends to genetic material."

"I was going to try and stop you from answering. My questions was a bit of a joke! Nobody should ever give out that kind of information or else you could get hacked!"

Regardless, J’scib then gives you a shared user password necessary to operate the starship for the duration of the trial flight. J’scib notes the password will expire shortly after your scheduled return date, or immediately if you stray too far from the appointed route. This is a security measure meant to prevent theft. J’scib also asks you not to share the password or details of the starship with anyone outside of UIE, until such time as the starship’s marketing campaign begins.

In response to the other questions, “The overall design comes from the best explorer in all the known universe: the fly, which exists on many planets that support life. More specifically, it’s design is inspired by a species called grimshawii. The name was a bit hard for non-telepaths, so my assistant Drosxan shortened it to the more stylish-sounding Grimshaw! We'll get you the exact specs in the hangar!”

“By having different crews test the Grimshaw, we can obtain a robust data set regarding its performance before it goes to the production line, not to mention the potential for word-of-mouth advertising! You’re going to be the first to fly it now that our test-pilots ensured it was safe.”

Scenery and Maps updated!

Entering the hangar, J’scib proudly introduces the Grimshaw, gushing about the vessel’s scientific components, which can be customized during assembly and are kept in the “thorax” section of the craft. They get extremely excited while talking about the wings, which can be configured to act as solar panels, solar sails, or vectored to generate lift during atmospheric flight.

Onboard, J’scib activates the Grimshaw’s automated navigation system and data recorder before leaving you to start your pre-flight checklist.

Grimshaw Stats:

GRIMSHAW TIER 2
Medium explorer
Speed 10; Maneuverability good (turn 1)
AC 13; TL 14
HP 55; DT —; CT 11
Shields Basic 40 (forward 10, port 10, starboard 10, aft 10)
Attack (Port) light laser cannon (2d4; 5 hexes)
Attack (Starboard) light laser cannon (2d4; 5 hexes)
Attack (Turret) force projector SOM (1d10; 5 hexes; force field 15)
Power Core Arcus Heavy (130 PCU); Drift Engine none;
Systems mk 1 mononode computer, basic medium-range sensors (10 hexes), crew quarters (common), mk 3 armor, mk 4 defenses;
Expansion Bays escape pods, life science lab, physical science lab, surveying sensors SOM
Modifiers +1 any one check per round, +2 Computers, +1 Piloting; Complement 6 (minimum 1, maximum 6)

(These stats are also re-posted on the slides)

You should now look over the stats and determine what your primary role aboard the starship will be in preparation for take-off!

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Male LG Bloodseeker Tromlin Solarian (Electrical Attunement, Stewards Officer) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 (14/15 without solar armor) | Fort +2; Ref +3; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Attunement 0/3 | 1 Reroll | Active conditions: None

Kalhoun slowly walks through the bridge, looking over the prototype. Although his hand lingers a bit longer than necessary on the big chair, he also makes sure to familiarize himself with the conn and weapons.

Stats in discussion, but he can best serve as captain, pilot or gunner, and competently as chief mate.

Wayfinders

Raxalite Mystic(Xenodruid)-1 | Tiny | SP:6/6 HP:8/8 RP 5/5 | F0 R1 W6 | E12 K13 | I1 P8 | 30ft | LL | EG | 124312-723

Believe it or not, the Raxalite is best suited to captaincy

OK ... if this ship doesn't have a name, I'm christening it Musca

Dataphiles

Kizilonoz | non-binary N Skittermander tinker operative 1 | SP 7/7 HP 8/8 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +7 | Perc: +3; low-light vision | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: None

A bright green skittermander scampers onto the bridge, hurriedly shoving various bits and bobs into their bags.

"Hi! Sorry for any hold up! I'm Kizilonoz! This is the new ship I'm supposed to help break-er, test, right? Anyways, unless you've got some instructions for me, Cpt." they oscillate wildly between those on the bridge until given a clear indication of who's acting as captain, "I'd best be talking to the other engineering sorts. 'fraid they weren't quite clear if I'm here as an engineer or a scientist for this ship!"

Anyone who tries can easily track them through the ship as they hunt down the "other engineering sorts" by the continuous, mostly nonsensical chatter.

engineering is preferred, i'm good there or as a science officer though and can fill as a pilot or gunner if needed.

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

Departing Absalom Station, you can finally stretch your proverbial wings. Because the prototype’s Drift engine won’t be installed until next Secondday, the route takes 1d6+2 days of travel along the ecliptic plane of the Pact Worlds system to Liavara. The vessel automatically handles primary astrogation for the trip.

Soundtrack #4: Test Flight - Tron Legacy OST: Solar Sailer

Over the course of your flight, you now have time to give the ship a proper shakedown. Each PC should attempt two different tests (and can freely change or keep the same crew roles during these tests as you wish).

Prior to rolling these checks, you must decide how rigorously you want to push the ship's systems, declaring one of the three following options. You are aware that the ship's data recorder can obtain much more useful information the harder you push your starship's systems:
- Easy “standards verification” tests
- Average “stress amplitude” tests
- Hard “rupture strength” tests
(If you do not declare a difficulty, your GM will assume you went for an easy check)

Below the spoiler (and posted to the slides) are example tests and their applicable skills, but you can also devise your own!

Sample Flight Tests:
- Captains (Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate) can test the intercom systems to run timed drills, or to conduct surprise inspections on their shipmates.
- Chief Mates (Acrobatics, Athletics) can test the starship’s structural integrity via its manual override systems, or can conduct safety checks through organizing timed evacuation drills to the starship’s escape pods.
- Engineers (Engineering) can test the vessel’s damage control procedures through simulations, or by conducting emergency power core scram / shutdown drills.
- Gunners (gunnery check) can test the state-of-the‑art weapon system by firing at passing asteroids, or through pinpoint targeting of space debris launched out of an airlock.
- Magic Officers (Mysticism) can test how well the starship’s layout aids scrying by reaching out their senses, or can meditate on if the vessel’s aesthetics help it connect to galactic leylines.
- Pilots (Piloting) can push the engines to conduct speed trials, or can perform fancy aerobatic maneuvers around passing asteroids.
- Science Officers (Computers) can calibrate the starship’s complex surveying sensors, or can test how fast the computer recovers from a simulated electronic warfare attack.

You can also devise tests using Life Science or Physical Science, gaining the +2 circumstance bonuses provided by the Grimshaw’s robust scientific expansion bays.

Please decide on two tests (each) you wish to perform. Feel free to RP and roll them whenever you'd like!

Test Flight Scenery and Maps Updated!

Wayfinders

Raxalite Mystic(Xenodruid)-1 | Tiny | SP:6/6 HP:8/8 RP 5/5 | F0 R1 W6 | E12 K13 | I1 P8 | 30ft | LL | EG | 124312-723

Volitare settles down in the command chair.

Um .... we better run a few drills and see how this ship behaves in a combat situation ... as long as you all don't mind that is. I .. found a few simulations that should help

Going hard
diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

They also reaches out with their mysticism to check the ship over.
Hard again mysticism: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

Volitare finds that the ship doesn't react so well to their theoretical simulations, but they do connect rather well on a magical level with the vessel, with the data recorders picking everything up!

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Male LG Bloodseeker Tromlin Solarian (Electrical Attunement, Stewards Officer) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 (14/15 without solar armor) | Fort +2; Ref +3; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Attunement 0/3 | 1 Reroll | Active conditions: None

Kalhoun arranges some surprise drills for the crew.

Easy Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Then he programs some drones to perform evasive maneuvers and shoots them all down.

Hard Gunnery: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Unsatisfied with the performance of the weapons systems, he makes some manual adjustments, changes the drones' evasive patterns and runs another test.

Hard Gunnery, Reroll, 2 Novas: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 2 = 16

And then ponders what it will be like to be busted back to ensign junior grade.

Acquisitives

Male Ikeshti Biohacker 1 (Sensate Theme) | CN | Small monstrous humanoid | Speed 30 ft., climb 15 ft. EAC 14 | KAC 15 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +0 (+1 morale vs. fear) |Perception +9 | Sense Motive -1 |Offensive Abilities: blood squirt
Skills:
Athletics +0 (+8 when climbing), Computers +8 (1 ranks), Culture +8, Engineering +6 (1 ranks), Life Science +9, Medicine +9, Perception +9, Physical Science +9, Profession (cook) +3

T'Krunch takes over a science station.
Going for hard for both checks.

First, he calibrates the starship’s complex surveying sensors, first directing the scans outside tbe ship and then training them inward to analyze the nutritional content of those onboard.
Computers: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

He then tries to use the scientific expansion bays to try a variety of culinary pairings.
Life Science w/circumstance bonus: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 = 13

Dataphiles

Kizilonoz | non-binary N Skittermander tinker operative 1 | SP 7/7 HP 8/8 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +7 | Perc: +3; low-light vision | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: None

Kizilonoz eagerly assumes control of Engineering, continuing to chatter on comms to anyone listening (and to anyone not listening).
Hard for both checks

Hearing the go ahead, they start inputting various simulations for damage control. Those on the bridge likely notice several readings start going a bit haywire for a few minutes before Kizilonoz comms up.
"Er, currently testing damage control procedures. Apologies for any confusion. I'll try to provide warning as continue down the list."

Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Once done with the damage control procedures—and assured they won't accidentally kill any crew members—Kizilonoz proceeds to begin testing powercore shutdown drills.
"All crew please be advised that emergency drills will be commencing immediately! All systems are functioning as normally so no need to be alarmed!

Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Dataphiles

Iseph takes a seat in the pilot's seat and stars putting the ship through it's paces, starting with normal tests and then really leaning into increasingly dangerous manuevers.

Piloting Medium: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Piloting Hard: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

Again, very sorry for the delay

Soundtrack #4: Test Flight - Tron Legacy OST: Solar Sailer

Volitare didn't quite find success with the intercom systems, but the mystic aspects of the ship record very well (1x hard success, 1x fail).

Kalhoun doesn't settle in to any of the ship's systems very well. (fail x2 unfortunately)

T'Krunch also finds his tests somewhat too complex for the data recorder. (fail x2)

Kizilonoz has great initial success at the engineering station, but finds the scram-drills don't record quite as easily. (1x hard success, 1x fail)

Iseph, settling into the pilot's chair, puts the Grimshaw through several maneuvers, each one increasing in difficulty, but finding the ship's data recorders stay with them through all of it! (1x normal success, 1x hard success)

(GM note to self - 11 Data Points collected)

With solid working knowledge of the ship in-hand, you finish data collection as you arive near S-413, one of Liavara's smallest shepherd moons, where you begin to transmit all you've collected to an unmanned UIE data relay.

Soundtrack #5: Contact - Star Trek IV: The Probe

Before the flight records finish uploading, the ship’s sensors alert you to two approaching contacts! Two adolescent voraijas are approacing, their powerful electromagnetic starsongs disabling the relay’s comm-link.

Test Flight Scenery and Maps Updated!

Each of you can attempt a Culture or Life Science check to recall knowledge.

DC 15:
You recall hearing a recent news report that pods of whale-like voraijas have been spotted in Liavara’s upper atmosphere. Many tourist ships skim Liavara’s orbit hoping for a rare glimpse of the creatures feeding or giving birth, all carefully monitored by the Xenowardens organization.

The Grimshaw’s sensors indicate these two carnivorous creatures are lost, hungry, and apparently interpret the organic shape of the ship to mean that it’s edible! To avoid becoming devoured in a grim case of mistaken identity, you must decide what you're going to do!

The two creatures will reach your ship in the next few minutes, so you need to figure out how you're going to handle things before you get...overwhalemed!

Acquisitives

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Ikeshti Biohacker 1 (Sensate Theme) | CN | Small monstrous humanoid | Speed 30 ft., climb 15 ft. EAC 14 | KAC 15 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +0 (+1 morale vs. fear) |Perception +9 | Sense Motive -1 |Offensive Abilities: blood squirt
Skills:
Athletics +0 (+8 when climbing), Computers +8 (1 ranks), Culture +8, Engineering +6 (1 ranks), Life Science +9, Medicine +9, Perception +9, Physical Science +9, Profession (cook) +3

Life Science: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

"These creatures are whale-like voraijas," notes T'Krunch. "Highly caloric. They made recent news vids, having been spotted in Liavara’s upper atmosphere. Many tourist ships skim Liavara’s orbit hoping for a rare glimpse of the creatures feeding or giving birth.

[B]"If we want to process one or both, we would need to harpoon them quickly,"[/ suggests the ikeshti. [B]"They are likely carefully monitored by the Xenowardens organization. The last thing we want is them showing up an blubbering about how we are the threat to some starship-sized creatures now looking to eat us. Our encounter with them must just be some fluke, but if we don't do something quickly to save ourselves then we may need to man the life pods! I hear these things can really blow whole ships away!"

Acquisitives

Male Ikeshti Biohacker 1 (Sensate Theme) | CN | Small monstrous humanoid | Speed 30 ft., climb 15 ft. EAC 14 | KAC 15 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +0 (+1 morale vs. fear) |Perception +9 | Sense Motive -1 |Offensive Abilities: blood squirt
Skills:
Athletics +0 (+8 when climbing), Computers +8 (1 ranks), Culture +8, Engineering +6 (1 ranks), Life Science +9, Medicine +9, Perception +9, Physical Science +9, Profession (cook) +3

Life Science: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

"These creatures are whale-like voraijas," notes T'Krunch. "Highly caloric. They made recent news vids, having been spotted in Liavara’s upper atmosphere. Many tourist ships skim Liavara’s orbit hoping for a rare glimpse of the creatures feeding or giving birth."

"If we want to process one or both, we would need to harpoon them quickly,"suggests the ikeshti. "They are likely carefully monitored by the Xenowardens organization. The last thing we want is them showing up an blubbering about how we are the threat to some starship-sized creatures now looking to eat us. Our encounter with them must just be some fluke, but if we don't do something quickly to save ourselves then we may need to man the life pods! I hear these things can really blow whole ships away!"

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Male LG Bloodseeker Tromlin Solarian (Electrical Attunement, Stewards Officer) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 (14/15 without solar armor) | Fort +2; Ref +3; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Attunement 0/3 | 1 Reroll | Active conditions: None

Kalhoun heads for the tactical station. "All weapons show green. Standing by to engage."

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Raxalite Mystic(Xenodruid)-1 | Tiny | SP:6/6 HP:8/8 RP 5/5 | F0 R1 W6 | E12 K13 | I1 P8 | 30ft | LL | EG | 124312-723

If we can avoid them, I would suggest we do so. As an entity intending to join the .... 'blubbering Xenowardens' .... I would prefer not harming them unless we are forced to engage

life sciences: 1d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 5 = 13 (+5 from theme)

So, turn and avoid if you please

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

Looking at the available data, you think you have a few options here.

T'Krunch and Voltaire remember that Pact World conservation laws prohibit the hunting of voraijas, but since they are carnivorous, ships are allowed to fight against them in self-defense. T'Krunch thinks that you could voluntarily de-power your weapons to make them "nonlethal" - effectively taking a penalty to attack rolls in order to ensure that the creatures won't be killed.

Alternatively, you could try to herd them back to Liavara's orbit through some creative technomagical programming of your ship's force weapon.

Soundtrack #6: Space Whales - Stellaris (Leviathans) DLC: Dragon Breath

What are you going to do? (Once we have a few votes for one of the options, I'll move us forward!)

Sorry again for my delays

Dataphiles

Iseph gives an evocative shrug. "Just let me know whether I'm getting us away or scaring them away, engines are hot and ready to go either way."

Wayfinders

Raxalite Mystic(Xenodruid)-1 | Tiny | SP:6/6 HP:8/8 RP 5/5 | F0 R1 W6 | E12 K13 | I1 P8 | 30ft | LL | EG | 124312-723

Understood friend-Iseph. Just in case, if you would be so kind, set ship weapons to non-lethal mode. We may have to herd them back to Liavara. Erm .... also, raise shields and initiate yellow alert.

Dataphiles

Kizilonoz | non-binary N Skittermander tinker operative 1 | SP 7/7 HP 8/8 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +7 | Perc: +3; low-light vision | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: None

"We're supposed to be testing the ship, not the weapons, right? Probably not worth the trouble if we can get away without firing on the space whales!" Kizilonoz devolves into muttering, seemingly to themself, for a moment before remembering to mute their mic.

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

Looks like two (Voltaire and Kizilonoz) for herding rather than fighting, and Iseph seems open to any? Without strong opinions in another direction, that may be how we go - will give it a little bit more just in case before moving us past that decision gate.

Acquisitives

Male Ikeshti Biohacker 1 (Sensate Theme) | CN | Small monstrous humanoid | Speed 30 ft., climb 15 ft. EAC 14 | KAC 15 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +0 (+1 morale vs. fear) |Perception +9 | Sense Motive -1 |Offensive Abilities: blood squirt
Skills:
Athletics +0 (+8 when climbing), Computers +8 (1 ranks), Culture +8, Engineering +6 (1 ranks), Life Science +9, Medicine +9, Perception +9, Physical Science +9, Profession (cook) +3

"We are less likely to run afoul of conservation laws if we just herd 'em, I suppose," concedes T'Krunch. "And, I could voluntarily de-power the weapons so as just to sting the beasts rather than harpoon 'em."

The ikeshti thinks for a moment, involuntarily licking his lips, then adds, "All right, we herd 'em. But somebody's gonna owe me a week's worth of meals after this."

"Although, if we could maybe just slice off a small sample of meat...," he suggests with a hopeful look in his reptilian eyes.

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Male LG Bloodseeker Tromlin Solarian (Electrical Attunement, Stewards Officer) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 (14/15 without solar armor) | Fort +2; Ref +3; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Attunement 0/3 | 1 Reroll | Active conditions: None

"If you don't want to harm these creatures, I can lay down suppressive fire and limit their mobility options to a trajectory we prefer."

Wayfinders

Raxalite Mystic(Xenodruid)-1 | Tiny | SP:6/6 HP:8/8 RP 5/5 | F0 R1 W6 | E12 K13 | I1 P8 | 30ft | LL | EG | 124312-723

Make it so

Dataphiles

Kizilonoz | non-binary N Skittermander tinker operative 1 | SP 7/7 HP 8/8 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +7 | Perc: +3; low-light vision | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: None

"Well if we're all agreed, let's get to it! Powercore is hot and ready for some damage-er, stress testing!"

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

After some debate, you decide to herd the voraijas back to Liavara and away from where you need to park your vessel!

We are now entering a special version of Starship Combat, but with a special goal in mind: One PC can (magically or technologically) "program" a vector/direction into your Force Projector weapon during either the Engineering or Helm Phase with a Physical Science, Mysticism, or Piloting check. While thusly encoded, successfully hitting a voraija with this weapon will cause it to disengage from combat and head in that direction!

Soundtrack #6: Space Whales - Stellaris (Leviathans) DLC: Dragon Breath

STARSHIP COMBAT!
ROUND 1 - Starfield is updated!
Grimshaw - 0 Damage
Pink Voraija - 0 Damage
White Voraija - 0 Damage

GM Screen:
Pink Science: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
White Science: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Pink Initiative: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
White Initiative: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Pink Gunnery: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
White Gunnery: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Your whole crew may now act!

Notes on Starship Combat in PbP are in the Discussion tab!

Acquisitives

Male Ikeshti Biohacker 1 (Sensate Theme) | CN | Small monstrous humanoid | Speed 30 ft., climb 15 ft. EAC 14 | KAC 15 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +0 (+1 morale vs. fear) |Perception +9 | Sense Motive -1 |Offensive Abilities: blood squirt
Skills:
Athletics +0 (+8 when climbing), Computers +8 (1 ranks), Culture +8, Engineering +6 (1 ranks), Life Science +9, Medicine +9, Perception +9, Physical Science +9, Profession (cook) +3

"Kizilonoz, might I suggest diverting power to the engines, in case we need to make a run for it?" urges T'Krunch. "I'll see if I can't 'program' a vector/direction into our Force Projector weapon to hopefully cause these voraijas to disengage from trying to bash us and head in that direction."

Phase: Helm
Role: Science
Action: What he just said, encoding the Force Projector so that successfully hitting a voraija with this weapon will cause it to disengage from combat and head in that direction!

Science:

Physical Science: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

1 to 50 of 72 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / (PaizoCon 2022) Starfinder Bounty 2 - Test Flight Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.