Wolfspirit's PBP Gameday VI We Be Goblins (Inactive)

Game Master Wolfspirit


1 to 50 of 182 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Absalom Initiation

We be Licktoads! We make raid!
Put the longshanks to the blade!
Burn them up from feet to head,
Make them hurt, then make them dead!
Cut the parents into ham,
Smush the babies into jam,
All the rest in pot get stewed,
We be Licktoads - you be food!

You are goblins of the Licktoad tribe, who live deep in Brinestump Marsh, south of the hated man-town called Sandpoint. Once, other goblins tried to burn Sandpoint down, and they would have been legends if they had succeeded. But they didn’t bring enough fire, and got themselves killed as a result. Yesterday, your tribe discovered that one of your own had been using forbidden arts and was engaged in one of the greatest of taboos—writing things down. In fact, rumor holds that what he was writing was a history of your tribe! There’s no swifter way to bring about bad luck than stealing words out of your mind by writing them down, and so your tribe had no choice. You branded the goblin’s face with letters to punish him, which is why everyone calls him Scribbleface now, and then you ran him out of town, took all of his stuff, and burned down his hut.

That’s where things got interesting, because before you all burned down his hut, Chief Gutwad found a weird box within the building. Inside was a map and a lot of fireworks—fireworks that immediately came to use in burning the hut down. Then, this morning, Gutwad announced that tonight there would be a feast in order to drive out any lingering bad luck from Scribbleface’s poor decisions. But perhaps even more exciting, all of you have been secretly invited to meet at Chief Gutwad’s Moot House. Why would the chief want to speak to you? It can only mean that he’s got an important mission for you all... one that the other goblins of the tribe couldn’t pull off. This could be your chance to go down in Licktoad history!

Knowledge Local DC 0:
By tradition, Chief Gutwad does not speak directly to his subjects. Instead, he employs an advisor through whom he whispers instructions, for Chief Gutwad has convinced his goblins that the words that come out of his mouth are so mighty that they might frighten away all the words in the heads of lesser goblins.

Only his duly appointed advisor, an overdressed, pompous goblin named Slorb can handle the might of the chief’s words without fainting from fear.

Knowledge Local DC 5:
Lying at the center of the village, the chief ’s Moot House is a veritable museum of Licktoad heroics— crammed with trophies such as stolen weapons, shiny bits of treasure, and the brine-pickled bodies of dozens of brutally slaughtered small furry animals (mostly dogs). His Mighty Girthness Chief Rendwattle Gutwad rules Licktoad Village from atop the great Teeter Chair, which is 6 feet high and allows him to more properly look down on his subjects.

You have been gathered before the entrance to the Moot House, awaiting invitation from Slorb to enter. Your characters all grew up in the same village, so they should already know each other and, indeed, and probably have some preconceived opinions about each other.

Please give an introduction for your character.

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Alchemist 1 | AC 17/15/13 | HP 9/10 | Fort+5, Ref+6, Will-1 | CMB-2, CMD 12 | Init+4 | Perc+3, darkvision | Speed 30' | Conditions: none

"Where Slorb? Mogmurch not got all night. When can he boom boom?"


deck handler

"What are you doing here, Mogmurch? I though chief was summoning important goblins."

kn. local, untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Alchemist 1 | AC 17/15/13 | HP 9/10 | Fort+5, Ref+6, Will-1 | CMB-2, CMD 12 | Init+4 | Perc+3, darkvision | Speed 30' | Conditions: none

"Grrr.... maybe Mogmurch need to convince you how important am with boom boom on Reta important face!"

Mogmurch brandishes a bomb at Reta.

Knowledge (local) untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 19


Absalom Initiation

Hopefully we can get a few more people responding…

As you converse amongst yourselves, a high pitched, nasaly voice that you can recognize as Slorb’s sounds out from the main room, ”His Mighty Girthiness will see you now!”

Inside, Chief Gutwad sits precariously atop the Teeter Chair. Slorb gestures for you to sit on the dirt in front of the chief (a great honor!) but then, much to your great shock, Chief Gutwad speaks to them directly in a deep, booming voice.

“You all be heroes. Each of you. You are best Licktoads but for me. And maybe but for Slorb. That you aren’t fleeing in terror from mighty sound of my voice is all the proof you should need. Yet soon, all Licktoad goblins will know your might, for I have picked you for a dangerous mission.”

“You know about fireworks and map we found in Scribbleface’s hut. Fireworks were fun. But map is more fun. It shows a route to a place near the coast where Scribbleface found fireworks.
And it says there are more fireworks there! I want them for Licktoads. You all go get them tomorrow. Tonight we have big bonfire to burn bad luck away from you, and we play many games. Much fun. Tomorrow you fetch me fireworks.”

“If you meet men, you make them dead. If you meet dogs, you make them dead. If you meet horses, you make them dead. If you meet Lotslegs Eat Goblin Babies Many, you maybe should run. “

He adds in a final threat: ”And if you not find fireworks, you not come back or we feed you to Squealy Nord!”

The Chief gestures to Slorb, who hands you all the map and a variety of fireworks, then dismissively tells you, ”Go. Feast. Fun.”

Does anyone have any questions? I'll move to the Dares tomorrow.

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Alchemist 1 | AC 17/15/13 | HP 9/10 | Fort+5, Ref+6, Will-1 | CMB-2, CMD 12 | Init+4 | Perc+3, darkvision | Speed 30' | Conditions: none

Mogmurch runs out of the hut to go find a drumstick to gnaw on and random objects to throw in the bonfire (fire is good).

Can we ask other goblins at the feast about scribbleface or previous missions to sandpoint?


Chuffy Lickwound, HP:11, AC:17, T:15, FF:13 F:+2, R:+6, W:+1, Init:+1, Perc:+5

knowledge local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Chuffy hisses, Burnings, splosions, ands stabyness. Is bestest of bestest missions!


Absalom Initiation

Feel free to ask whatever you want about the current mission or previous history. It's your character :)


deck handler

Reta walks over to Chuffy. "If I on one side of dog and you on other side of dog you can stab better and I can slice better, right? We be friends, stab and slice together often."


Chuffy Lickwound, HP:11, AC:17, T:15, FF:13 F:+2, R:+6, W:+1, Init:+1, Perc:+5

Me get dog eyes? Then Reta ok and yesses.

Slorb, Moot house has its bunches of weapons. For such important of missions. Chuffy needs use some more of weapons for doing Chief's bidding. Can't not be impossible to be done without and chief want done'd.
bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


Absalom Initiation

Slorb narrows his eyes. "You get fireworks, what more do you need?" He thinks a moment, then whispers conspiratorially, "But I will tell you, the reward from one of the Dare's is the Chief's bestest weapon!"


IAmMogmurch wrote:
Can we ask other goblins at the feast about scribbleface or previous missions to sandpoint?

Usually I'd make a point to have you ask IC, but in the interest of keeping things going...

As you exit the Moothouse, you see a variety of goblins scurrying about for various errands: from secretively setting up Dares, preparing for the finest of goblin cooking, or carrying as much firewood as can possibly be found. Although most seem to be determined to get done with their part of the upcoming celebration so that they can partipate, given that word has spread that you are the Heroes that are going to find more fireworks, you convince a couple to stop and answer questions, begrudgingly.

Asked about Scribbleface, they laugh "Ah, Scribbleface? He's sent to the swamp. Probably food for leaches by now! He deserves what he got, trying to trap our souls with his words! At least he did some fun, with the BOOM of his hut!"

As for the previous mission of Sandpoint, things are less jubilant. "Lots of goblins set fire to the Longshanks village, kill horses, then lots die too. All the fault of that one Longshanks. Never trust a Longshanks!"

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Alchemist 1 | AC 17/15/13 | HP 9/10 | Fort+5, Ref+6, Will-1 | CMB-2, CMD 12 | Init+4 | Perc+3, darkvision | Speed 30' | Conditions: none
Wolfspirit wrote:
IAmMogmurch wrote:
Can we ask other goblins at the feast about scribbleface or previous missions to sandpoint?

Usually I'd make a point to have you ask IC, but in the interest of keeping things going...

Apologies, I meant to proceed to this but you beat me to it.

Mogmurch perks up at that last bit of information.

"Did one Longshanks have name or face anybody remember? Maybe Mogmurch make special boom boom for him on our next visit!"


Chuffy Lickwound, HP:11, AC:17, T:15, FF:13 F:+2, R:+6, W:+1, Init:+1, Perc:+5
GM Wolfspirit wrote:
Slorb narrows his eyes. "You get fireworks, what more do you need?" He thinks a moment, then whispers conspiratorially, "But I will tell you, the reward from one of the Dare's is the Chief's bestest weapon!"

YES! Chuffy win for surest!


Absalom Initiation

Goblins toil all afternoon to build the bonfire out of branches, sticks, and unburnt timbers taken from the ruins of Scribbleface’s hut. As night falls, a group of four struggling goblins carry the Teeter Chair (with Chief Gutwad sitting atop it) out to the bonfire, and the chief lights the fire with a small, purple firework. This signals the start of an all-night party that features lots of good things to eat, drinking, and dares! One of the bestest chefs in the village serves a dish of snails and swamp brine he calls “eskergut” as the first of the Dares is announced: Dance with Squealy Nord!

To win this dare, you must ride Squealy Nord, a fearsome boar (actually a piglet) that lives in a muddy pit in the village, right next to the baby cages. Stay on for 18 seconds, but don’t fall off or he might eat you! (he won’t.)


Absalom Initiation

Initiative rolls:

Dance with Squealy Nord
Chuffy Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Mogmurch Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Reta Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Hide or Get Clubbed
Chuffy Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Mogmurch Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Reta Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

The Rusty Earbiter
Chuffy Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Mogmurch Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Eat a Bag of Bull Slugs Real Quick
Chuffy Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Mogmurch Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Reta Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Absalom Initiation

Dance with Squealy Nord
Chuffy Ride Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Failure

Mogmurch Ride Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Mogmurch Ride Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Mogmurch Ride Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Chuffy Reflex save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Success

Chuffy makes the first attempt at riding the fearsome Squealy Nord, but is immediately unseated, though he lands softly. Second up, Mogmurch, manages to hold on for 18 seconds and is called victorious, and is awarded a “Dragon Brew Gourd” (an elixir of fire breath).


Absalom Initiation

The next Dare (whose announcement is punctuated by flung offal from Squeally Nord’s pen) is Hide or Get Clubbed! The dare-taker must off into the marsh without any weapons and attempt to find a good hiding spot. Then other goblins try to find them, and if they do, the finder is allowed to whack the Dare-taker with a club!
Chuffy Goblins: 1d10 ⇒ 8
Chuffy Stealth Check: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19
Goblin Perception checks: 8d20 ⇒ (14, 4, 18, 10, 19, 4, 3, 13) = 85

Chuffy once again rushes first for the dare, and has 8 goblins attempt to find him. Despite his somewhat awful hiding place and two particularly sharp goblins almost finding him, he manages to evade them all and is lent a Ring That Lets You Climb Real Good (a ring of climbing).


Absalom Initiation

The Rusty Earbiter

The infamous Rusty Earbiter is a hollow coil of rusty wires, barrel hoops, bent swords, and thorny branches and vines that's kept behind the Moot House when not in use. So named for the fact that it's claimed a number of goblin ears in the past (there are currently a pair of partially severed goblin tangled in its sharp internal coils), the Rusty Earbiter is both an object of fascination and fear for the Licktoads. The half-insane tinkerer who invented the thing has long since died (carried off one night by a giant bird of some sort after his first and only test of a prototype bird-attracting hat), but his legacy lives on. The other goblins cheer and hoot when you are dared to crawl through the Rusty Earbiter, and a half-dozen eager goblins roll the 20- foot coil out from behind the Moot House with the typical number of slashed fingers and stabbed legs such a task normally brings.

Chuffy (again), takes the lead in this Dare!
Chuffy Escape Artist: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Chuffy Escape Artist: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Chuffy Escape Artist: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Chuffy Escape Artist: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Chuffy Escape Artist: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0
Damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2
2 damage taken total

Once again, things look grim for Chuffy, as he manages to get stuck twice. He perseveres and is awarded the Chief’s Personal Very Useful Robe That Is Useful. This is a robe of useful items that has only four patches left—a ladder, a three-legged turtle, a horseshoe, and a bullhorn.

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Alchemist 1 | AC 17/15/13 | HP 9/10 | Fort+5, Ref+6, Will-1 | CMB-2, CMD 12 | Init+4 | Perc+3, darkvision | Speed 30' | Conditions: none

"YES! The longshanks will be no match for Mogmurch! Now I make Squealy Nord go boom boom?"

He looks at Chief Gutwad expectantly as he stuffs the Dragon Brew Gourd in a leather boot strapped to his belt.


Absalom Initiation

There is one last Dare. Eat a Bag of Bull Slugs Real Quick

Bull slugs are black, wriggling slugs the size of sausages. Even among the goblins, they’re considered particularly foul-tasting and, because of the large amounts of slime they exude, difficult to chew. A covered wicker basket containing the slug bag is brought before the goblin who accepts this dare, along with a napkin made out of a soggy leaf. The goblin has 1 minute to eat an entire bag of bullslugs to win this dare. Eating the slugs is not a problem, even though they wriggle, taste of rotten fish, and burst with a little squeal when chewed. Eating a full bag in a minute is the hard part.

There are five slugs in the bag, and successfully eating one requires a DC 15 Fortitude Save… although this can be reduced to DC 10 by removing the poison bladder (with a more challenging save at the end for each bladder to eat at once!) 5 Fortitude Saves must be successful in 10 rounds.


Absalom Initiation
IAmMogmurch wrote:

"YES! The longshanks will be no match for Mogmurch! Now I make Squealy Nord go boom boom?"

He looks at Chief Gutwad expectantly as he stuffs the Dragon Brew Gourd in a leather boot strapped to his belt.

Chief Gutwad glares at the alchemist and makes a curt shake of his head towards Mogmurch. Slurg is quick to speak up: No! No boom booms for Squealy Nord, we need him to find truffles! There is a quick murmur of ascent from the crowd: everyone knows that truffles are great additions to a stew and Squealy Nord is the bestest at finding them.


Chuffy Lickwound, HP:11, AC:17, T:15, FF:13 F:+2, R:+6, W:+1, Init:+1, Perc:+5

Chuffy begins shoving the slugs in his mouth as fast as he can.
fort save 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
fort save 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
fort save 3: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
fort save 4: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
fort save 5: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Alchemist 1 | AC 17/15/13 | HP 9/10 | Fort+5, Ref+6, Will-1 | CMB-2, CMD 12 | Init+4 | Perc+3, darkvision | Speed 30' | Conditions: none
GM Wolfspirit wrote:
IAmMogmurch wrote:

"YES! The longshanks will be no match for Mogmurch! Now I make Squealy Nord go boom boom?"

He looks at Chief Gutwad expectantly as he stuffs the Dragon Brew Gourd in a leather boot strapped to his belt.

Chief Gutwad glares at the alchemist and makes a curt shake of his head towards Mogmurch. Slurg is quick to speak up: No! No boom booms for Squealy Nord, we need him to find truffles! There is a quick murmur of ascent from the crowd: everyone knows that truffles are great additions to a stew and Squealy Nord is the bestest at finding them.

Mogmurch rolls his eyes dramatically.

"Fiiiiiiiiiiiine"

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Alchemist 1 | AC 17/15/13 | HP 9/10 | Fort+5, Ref+6, Will-1 | CMB-2, CMD 12 | Init+4 | Perc+3, darkvision | Speed 30' | Conditions: none

Mogmurch grabs his own bag of slugs and starts in.

Slug 1 stay down!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

The first one goes down fast and he’s fine for a brief moment. Then it hits him like a wave.

*Hurk*... Mogmurch fails to keep it to a hiccup and ejects the slug and all his previous festival food onto the ground.

He looks around to see if Chief Gutwad noticed and finds a corner to sulk alone.

Fail

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Alchemist 1 | AC 17/15/13 | HP 9/10 | Fort+5, Ref+6, Will-1 | CMB-2, CMD 12 | Init+4 | Perc+3, darkvision | Speed 30' | Conditions: none
GM Wolfspirit wrote:
The next Dare (whose announcement is punctuated by flung offal from Squeally Nord’s pen) is Hide or Get Clubbed! The dare-taker must off into the marsh without any weapons and attempt to find a good hiding spot. Then other goblins try to find them, and if they do, the finder is allowed to whack the Dare-taker with a club!

Mogmurch takes his turn and finds a good enough hiding place up in a tree. However while waiting for the seeking goblins he is distracted by a butterfly just above him. He creeps out further and further on his branch trying to capture it. Just as a seeker passes underneath it breaks. He lands on him, breaking his arm but the other goblins rush over and begin whacking him with their clubs before he can escape back to the main festival area.

"Ouchies..."

Dark Archive

Goblin Expert 1 | HP: 7/7 | AC: 14/13/12 | F+1 R+2 W+1 | Init:+2 | Perception: +3 | Active Conditions: None

sorry folks. just catching up here. dotting in


Chuffy Lickwound, HP:11, AC:17, T:15, FF:13 F:+2, R:+6, W:+1, Init:+1, Perc:+5

Stupid Squealy! Chuffy glares at the pig with a hand on his weapon. But with everyone watching, he eventually decides not to stab the beast. At least not right now.
.
.
.
Chuffy jeers at the other goblins, ignoring their dark looks. Ha! Ha! No one finds me! Chuffy bestest goblin hider evers!
.
.
.
Yes! Even famous rusty Earbiter no stop Chuffy! Chuffy be greatest goblin hero ever!

Dark Archive

Goblin Expert 1 | HP: 7/7 | AC: 14/13/12 | F+1 R+2 W+1 | Init:+2 | Perception: +3 | Active Conditions: None

Bogmurch has been quiet for most of the day as is his shy nature. He walks up to the slugs dreading the prospect.

Bad as I think it is?

fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Meh. Not bad.


Chuffy Lickwound, HP:11, AC:17, T:15, FF:13 F:+2, R:+6, W:+1, Init:+1, Perc:+5

remaining 5 checks
fort save 6: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
fort save 7: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
fort save 8: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
fort save 9: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
fort save 10: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Alchemist 1 | AC 17/15/13 | HP 9/10 | Fort+5, Ref+6, Will-1 | CMB-2, CMD 12 | Init+4 | Perc+3, darkvision | Speed 30' | Conditions: none
OG3-PreGen wrote:

Bogmurch has been quiet for most of the day as is his shy nature. He walks up to the slugs dreading the prospect.

Bad as I think it is?

...

Meh. Not bad.

Mogmurch begins to goad Bogmurch on.

"More! Eat them all! Then we see if slugs escape you!"

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Alchemist 1 | AC 17/15/13 | HP 9/10 | Fort+5, Ref+6, Will-1 | CMB-2, CMD 12 | Init+4 | Perc+3, darkvision | Speed 30' | Conditions: none

Mogmuch decide to make another go at a bag of slugs.

"This time Mogmurch get through WHOLE bag!"

Slug 1 stay down!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Slug 2 stay down!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Slug 3 stay down!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Slug 4 stay down!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Slug 5 stay down!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Slug 6 stay down!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Mogmurch loses the second one, but as he sweats more and more through the slugs he steels himself and pushes through.

"YES! Mogmurch conquer five slug!"

Dark Archive

Goblin Expert 1 | HP: 7/7 | AC: 14/13/12 | F+1 R+2 W+1 | Init:+2 | Perception: +3 | Active Conditions: None

fort1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
fort2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
fort3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
fort4: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
fort5: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
fort6: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
fort7: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
fort8: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
fort9: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Bogmurch powers through handfuls of slugs while simultaneously barfing them out.

This was a horrible idea.

Only got 4


Chuffy Lickwound, HP:11, AC:17, T:15, FF:13 F:+2, R:+6, W:+1, Init:+1, Perc:+5

Chuffy runs up to Slorb and yells, Mogmurch cheated! He didn't really eat bull slugs. They was just catpiliers covered in mud. Mogmurch should no get win. Chuffy should get win for catches him cheating!
bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Alchemist 1 | AC 17/15/13 | HP 9/10 | Fort+5, Ref+6, Will-1 | CMB-2, CMD 12 | Init+4 | Perc+3, darkvision | Speed 30' | Conditions: none
Kydeem's Pregen wrote:

Chuffy runs up to Slorb and yells, Mogmurch cheated! He didn't really eat bull slugs. They was just catpiliers covered in mud. Mogmurch should no get win. Chuffy should get win for catches him cheating!

[dice=bluff]1d20+2

Mogmurch indignantly raises up his bag with the remaining slugs for all to see.

”NO! Chuffy is fattest liar and pants are on alchemical fire!!”

Then he mutters more softly ”Or they will be...”

Dark Archive

Goblin Expert 1 | HP: 7/7 | AC: 14/13/12 | F+1 R+2 W+1 | Init:+2 | Perception: +3 | Active Conditions: None

Bogmurch shakes his head at the quibbling. Eyes on the prize, dummies. It's all about the bang bang, now.


Absalom Initiation

There are shouts of excitement as the seconds tick down and slugs come up. Although the results aren’t very pretty, Mogmurch manages to hold down the wriggling, foul, slugs! Slorb comes forward holding the Chief’s personal weapon, the Gorge of Gluttons (a +1 dogslicer that functions as a bane weapon when utilized against horses (improving to a +3 dogslicer that inflicts an additional 2d6 points of damage on a successful hit)).

Slorb reminds you, ”The Ring, Robe, and Dogslicer are on loan to you by the Chief! Bring them back and bring the fireworks, or it’ll be your heads!” He looks around and whispers conspiratorially. ”Fireworks will be given tomorrow morning, you’ll need ‘em so you can’t set them off tonight!”

The celebration and feasting continues long into the night. A pungent brew is passed around that only further serves to lead the chaotic affair further into revelry. Food, fights, fire, fireworks, what more could a goblin ask for!?

You’re free to engage however you would like, moving to the next section tonight.

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Alchemist 1 | AC 17/15/13 | HP 9/10 | Fort+5, Ref+6, Will-1 | CMB-2, CMD 12 | Init+4 | Perc+3, darkvision | Speed 30' | Conditions: none

Mogmurch excitedly takes the dogslicer and hefts it in his hands. Then he suddenly remembers...

"Mogmurch likes to stay further away from baddies and throw boom boom. This looks like for close encounter..."

He wanders around the festival for a short time until he finds Reta.

"Reta, Mogmurch think you be better slicer and can use this on longshanks!"

He pushes the dogslicer into her hands.

Reta, you now have the horsebane dogslicer +1 (+3 att./+2d6 dmg vs. horses).


deck handler

Reta smiles at Mogmurch. "Now Reta slicey slice better!"

Reta, who had been looking sad that the others beat every game before she could play, now looks much happier.


Absalom Initiation

The revelry lasts long into the night, and at dawn you are brought before the Chief (regardless of how much sleep you actually got.) With an impressive amount of dignity the corpulent chief hands bestows upon you Scribbleface’s map and the remaining fireworks: Two Desnan candles, four paper candles, and a skyrocket. Fireworks rules

These, and the rewards from the Dares are added to the Loot the party has received

He whispers an almost redundant reminder, “get fireworks and bring them here to me.” before turning to leave. Studying the map, the the trek is almost an hour into the swamp, through swamp and marsh that is often deep and crocodile infested, with only a single safe path of dry land marked out.

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Alchemist 1 | AC 17/15/13 | HP 9/10 | Fort+5, Ref+6, Will-1 | CMB-2, CMD 12 | Init+4 | Perc+3, darkvision | Speed 30' | Conditions: none

Mogmurch squints at the map.

"Okay, we be ready?"


Chuffy Lickwound, HP:11, AC:17, T:15, FF:13 F:+2, R:+6, W:+1, Init:+1, Perc:+5

Chuffy every time everything! and heads toward the path.

Dark Archive

Goblin Expert 1 | HP: 7/7 | AC: 14/13/12 | F+1 R+2 W+1 | Init:+2 | Perception: +3 | Active Conditions: None

Bogmurch burps up a mouthful of last night's brew with a slug topper. He chokes it back down.

Gimme some of those rockets. I'm blowing up a slug if i see one.

He follows Chuffy down the path.


Chuffy Lickwound, HP:11, AC:17, T:15, FF:13 F:+2, R:+6, W:+1, Init:+1, Perc:+5

Chuffy sneaks along trying to hide behind every bush while at the same time looking in every direction.

stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25
perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


deck handler

Reta grips the chief's dogslicer tightly as she follows Chuffy.

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Alchemist 1 | AC 17/15/13 | HP 9/10 | Fort+5, Ref+6, Will-1 | CMB-2, CMD 12 | Init+4 | Perc+3, darkvision | Speed 30' | Conditions: none

Mogmurch carefully treads along at the back of the line, trying to be as quiet as Chuffy.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


deck handler

stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Absalom Initiation

Sorry for the delay, had to skip lunch today.

You venture into the marsh, as stealthy as a small misfit band of goblins possibly can be. The marsh itself is relatively difficult to navigate, with numerous stretches of deep water that must be skirted and thick tangles of stinging nettles.

GM Rolls:

Reta: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Chuffy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Bogmurch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Mogmurch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
GM: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

As you round one particular bend, Reta stops short. Hidden amongst the trees, of the marsh is a hideous, bulbous spider with ichor dripping from its mandibles. She recognizes it immediately from the legends of the village: Lots-Legs-Eat-Goblin-Babies-Many! Only Reta appears to have noticed it, and it doesn't seem to have noticed your hidden group.

Initiative rolls:

Chuffy Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Mogmurch Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Bogmurch Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Reta Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Lotslegs Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Tactical Map: Swamp
Surprise round: Up next: Reta!


deck handler

Reta runs up to the spider, ready to slice it.

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Alchemist 1 | AC 17/15/13 | HP 9/10 | Fort+5, Ref+6, Will-1 | CMB-2, CMD 12 | Init+4 | Perc+3, darkvision | Speed 30' | Conditions: none

which is Mogmurch and Bogmurch on the map? If there’s a legend it’s not showing on my mobile browser

1 to 50 of 182 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP Gameday VI] Wolfspirit's We Be Goblins Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.